[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Tale of the Nomadic Scavenger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 216
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0660.jpg (211KB, 1264x873px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0660.jpg
211KB, 1264x873px
You had been exiled. Not for a wrongdoing, but simply as a rite of passage. As a young adult, you must prove your worth to the clan by surviving out in the desert ruins... Luckily for you:

>You've heard tales from your elders about how there are many oasis out there (know the lay of the land and guarantee you'll often rest in one)
>Have been obsessed with the technology of the ruins and prepared for this endeavor (a better understanding of how scavenged gear works and how to fix/use/make one)
>Left with a childhood friend (a trusting companion who will understand you and help you no matter what [unless you're planning on being a dick])
>>
Forgot to post that #4 is a rough idea of what your clan attire looks like
>>
>>1474016
>Have been obsessed with the technology of the ruins and prepared for this endeavor (a better understanding of how scavenged gear works and how to fix/use/make one)
>>
Ok, just wait a bit longer to see if more are interested
>>
>>1474016

I'll bite
>>
>>1474102

This a 40k quest or your own world?
>>
>>1474112
Ditto
>>
Alright, two should suffice...
You check your pack for the stuff that they usually permit trial-goers having on the journey. Three water flasks, binoculars, a sleeping bag, a knife, and considering your interest with the ancient tech, some simple tools and spare parts in case you're lucky. You give your elders a quick goodbye, simply because you didn't have much interest in what they had to say. As your about to pass the gate, the point of no return, the Clan Overseer stops you for a second... (1/2)
>>
>>1474016
>>
>>1474116
I just like 40k aesthetics and wanted to try world crafting for once, so bear with me if something screws up

"Don't you wanna say goodbye to your peers? It's gonna feel lonely on your trip and it'd be nice for everyone if we had fond memories of each other."

Sorry, got interrupted. I promise to pick up tomorrow around the same time! I know this sounds bad! But I swear I will return! I did not mean for this to sound like it's a part of the story!
>>
>>1474147
Ok never mind, I think I have time!

"Don't you wanna say goodbye? (Etc...)" You didn't want to seem rude, so you head over to the group of people even though you'd rather dive into the marvels of archaic machinery. "Hey! Lukas! Get over here you scraphound!" A familiar feminine voice yells from amongst the crowd. It was your good friend, Natalie, reminding you of how you used to steal scrap parts together as children, only to see how it worked. You shared some good times back then, but you feel like it would be better to adventure solo. After catching up quickly, Your adventure begins. From the crowd of your peers, you heard that there was a nice spot to start over in the south, but information being spread by newbies isn't always trustworthy. You vaguely remember that your elders said about something up north.Where do you wanna go?
>South (go with a crowd)
>North (Truly lone wolf it for now, might be interesting)
>>
Hello? Don't leave me to deal with up-top land by myself...
(Audible sobbing)
>>
>>1474182
>North (Truly lone wolf it for now, might be interesting)

>>1474244

Qst is slow man, like real slow
>>
Ok, I gotta go for real now, so wait for me to come back
>>
>>1474182

North. Let's continue this thread of being completely asocial.
>>
>>1474182
>>North (Truly lone wolf it for now, might be interesting)
Is the friend coming too?
>>1474269
So slow.
>>
>>1474182
north
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>1474925
Nope, no friend for now

You respect, the opinions of your elders and go in the opposite direction of your peers. Some mayo king ask if your blind, but they respect your choice to go alone nonetheless...

I'll roll d20 for interesting things
Crit success means most popular choice gets to pick what you see
>>
>>1476403
Darn it auto correct, I meant mockingly

You travel a good distance from the clan's land, not too far from there but close enough that you don't have to walk as long to get back. Luckily, you have found an oasis and a few dead bodies. As morbid as that may sound, it's good because it means there might be useful junk they didn't get to use. You remember that the rite of passage is fulfilled as soon as 2 weeks time has passed. Before it gets late, what do you wanna do?
>scavenge the corpses (obtain a rope, a broken pistol you can fix with some ammo in it, and a map)
>set up camp (reduce the likeliness of a wild creature attacking you while you rest, but risk losing the loot)
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>1476403
Lets look for booty.
All kinds, but mainly treasure.
>>1476419
>scavenge the corpses (obtain a rope, a broken pistol you can fix with some ammo in it, and a map)
Wants a map.
>>
>>1476425
Sorry if I wasted your time, I'm rolling to speed things up a bit
Also, I'm gonna wait for more opinions if any are interested
>>
>>1476435
Thank heavens, that 1 is horrible.
>>
>>1476439
If I did went with, I'm just gonna let you in on a little secret...

It would've advanced the plot much sooner...
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

Ok sorry for taking so long
>>1474130
>>1476425
Updated Inventory:
-Rope
-Pistol (enough scrap to repair)
-12 Pistol rounds
-Map (where you currently are is far off into the corner, whereas where your clan lives is nowhere on the map...)
-3 water flasks (refillable at an oasis or other water sources)
-Binoculars
-Sleeping bag
-Knife
-Basic tools
-Spare parts (will be used up when repairing the gun or anything else we might find)

I'll roll to see if we get good rest
>>
>>1476577
Nope, you know what that means...
A random encounter!

While trying to sleep, loud howling has kept you up. Feral Dogs, these tan-colored wolf creatures, are approaching your camp. Luckily for you, your clan is familiar with cooking their kind. What do you wanna do?

>Hide (practice stealth, but you won't have as much food)
>Scare them off (you'll repair your gun right away, but it might be faulty and you'll have to use up a bullet right away)
>Fight (provides potential food, and will give you combat experience)

If you choose the first or last choice, I'll explain your current stats and how they work. If it seems like it needs improvement, feel free to give advise...
>>
>>1476593
>>Fight (provides potential food, and will give you combat experience)
Keep your back towards the fire, so they can't sneak behind you.
>>
>>1476594
Fire? You prioritized looting a dead body over setting up camp, not to mention the unlikelyness of there being a random piece of wood to burn. You only have the moonlight to guide you. Sorry by the way, I really wanna see if people are interested in this...
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1476628
It happens.
Puff up and act big, that might scare them.
>>
>>1476646
The roll is still not gonna be useful right now

Alright, so you get out of your sleeping bag and prepare for combat. You check the moonlit dunes with your binoculars. Judging from the looks of it, a lost Feral Dog is trying to get back with its pack, but is wandering in your general direction...
Puffing up intimidates it, making it act more careful. Hurting it might scare it, making it less likely to try and fight. Any form of damage will be useful...
How will you fight?

>Gun it down! (Gain ranged experience)
>Shank it hard! (Gain Blade experience)
>>
Ok, so experience works like this.
If you do something often, you gain experience, making a task easier
Later on, if things need to get harder, there will be a lack of experience, making things difficult to do

For example, if you were to fight with a melted weapon often, you will gain 1 point of "Melee" experience after succeeding in combat.

However, there is a maximum for experience and a limit on how much is used on a roll.

Let's say you rolled a 7, and you need at least 10 to complete an action. If you had a total of 5 experience (which is the maximum for the moment) you can only use 3 to make it a normal success. There is no, "add my 5 to the roll's 15 to make it a crit success."

Those are the fundamentals of experience so far...
>>
>>1476719
Understandable.
>>1476697
>Gun it down! (Gain ranged experience)
Don't want to get in range of those teeth.
You in discord?
>>
Rolled 14, 13, 43, 33, 62, 15 = 180 (6d66)

Just gonna practice rolling
>>
Rolled 4 (1d12)

>>1476730
Nope! I'll see what I can do though...

Alright let see how many bullets are used... I forgot to mention how you had to repair it quickly, so let's just pretend we never had scrap and your gun is in top condition...
>>
>>1476732
Alright, you now have 8 shots left and have a total of 1 ranged experience (tell me if you wanna subtract the amount of bullets lost in later rolls)

You're aim isn't the best, but you managed to get food for tomorrow. It's now day 2, and your breakfast of spitfire cooked dog is finished, with some left for later.

You have a few options here:
>Loot the nearest ruin with the help of your map (might not yield food, but will guarantee tech/weapons/ammo)
>Scavenge for food (coconuts from the oasis or hunting)
>Move camp (costs a half of your water flask and may risk raids)
>>
>>1476749
>>Loot the nearest ruin with the help of your map (might not yield food, but will guarantee tech/weapons/ammo)
Needs armor and weapons stat.
>>
File: IMG_0668.jpg (324KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0668.jpg
324KB, 800x450px
Rolled 12, 8 = 20 (2d20)

>>1476766
Alrighty!

Before leaving, you do your best to make a land mark that can easily be recognized in case you lost the map. It wasn't too far off, since you could see it from here.

I'm gonna roll 2 d20
One for loot
The other is an obvious surprise
>>
>>1476788
The values are in the same order seen above
You have found a rusted leg guard, 20 pistol rounds and a good bottle of well preserved vodka! It's probably best you save it till you get back to camp. While you were scavenging for loot, you saw a group of 4 men in the 8th robe seen in >>1474016. They are armed, but don't appear hostile. What do you wanna do?

>Observe them? (Only tells you in what general direction they're going)
>Keep looting (tech or weapons, but risks an attack from anything)
>Head back to the oasis (safety of a "home")
>>
Rolled 3, 3, 3, 1, 3, 3, 3, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 1, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 3, 2, 3, 2, 1, 2 = 52 (25d3)

Rolling in 4chan feels fun for some reason
>>
Hello? Is anyone interested or did this die that slowly?
>>
>>1476821
>>Keep looting (tech or weapons, but risks an attack from anything)
>>1476910
Was doing stuff, sorry.
Keep that pistol handy.
>>
Rolled 2, 3 = 5 (2d20)

>>1476956
It's alright, if you have the time let me know cause I can't continue without feedback

Gonna roll for stuff loot then threats
>>
>>1477061
Nothing of interest except 4 more pistol rounds appeared and since the desert heat still had some effect, you have 3 and 1/2 and it's nightfall. You also have scavenging experience. What's the plan?
>Keep looting (you'll use up the last of the food, but might get tech/weapons now)
>Go hunting (risk a tough encounter)
>Rest up now and loot tomorrow (have two chances at tech/weapons, but you'll have to hunt at night tomorrow out of desperation)
>>
>>1477101
>Go hunting (risk a tough encounter)
Needs more of the food
Around from Noon to 5, then from 9 to midnight, hell most likely 3 in the morning.
>>
>>1477101
>>Go hunting (risk a tough encounter)
>>
>>1477101
Hunting for sure.
>>
>>1477407
A hunting we shall go, a hunting we shall go.
>>
Rolled 13, 4, 3 = 20 (3d20)

>>1477407
>>1477432
>>1477531
>>1477891
Whelp, I'm back!

Fighting on an empty stomach in the middle of the night sounds stupid, so you exit the ruins quickly and searched for food.

I'm gonna roll 3 d20s alright guys?
>>
>>1478296
Alright, only one moderately strong creature and maybe little weak ones to make it interesting. As you roamed around, you spot pack leader of the Feral Dog you ate earlier. However, it has 2 puppies with it. How shall you proceed?
>Guns blazing (I'll try and figure out how to make ammo usage go smoother now that we have a lot)
>Sneak up and stab (Risk getting hurt and I'll have to figure out how to make health work now)
>Write in (please explain everything you expect it to do and how it could work)
>>
>>1478312
>Guns blazing (I'll try and figure out how to make ammo usage go smoother now that we have a lot)
>>
I'll just wait a bit longer for more opinions, please be patient
>>
>>1478312
>Guns blazing
>>
Rolled 1, 3, 4, 2, 6 = 16 (5d6)

>>1478319
>>1478385
Ok, guns it is.
4+20+8=32 pistol rounds
6 rounds in each magazine. Gun is loaded, making that 6/26. Ok, we have 5 full mags plus 2 extra bullets.

Gonna roll 5 d6 and see the average amount of bullets used and say that's how many shots it takes to attack successfully. You also have 1 out of 5 ranged experience to use if you wanna use up less ammo.
>>
>>1478393
Would you look at that, you only used up half a mag, but can make that only two shots used if you wanna spend your ranged experience now.
What do you think?
>>
You'd normally use up 3 bullets in attacking these Feral Dogs, but you can make it so that you'd skillfully use only 2 bullets by using your 1 point in ranged combat.

How well did you kill these dogs?
>3 shots (your grand total will now be 2 ranged combat experience)
>2 shots (you gain no experience)

I probably should have explained here >>1476719 that it is melee weapon and that using up experience will prevent you from earning some after the conflict and that ranged experience reduces bullet loss
>>
>>1478410
>>3 shots (your grand total will now be 2 ranged combat experience)
Gain experience now when we're in less danger than when we need it later.
>>
>>1478420
Alright, good choice man

The bullets pierce their flesh mercilessly. You've got plenty of ammo left, 29 rounds in total. You can still hear whimpering though. You look over at the carnage, and see that a Feral Puppy has survived. It's alive and breathing, but there's no way it could survive on its own. The meat from its slain comrades are enough to sustain you for 3 days, but a pet like this can prove useful in later fights. What is your choice?

>Put it out of it's misery (gain food, lose 1 bullet)
>Skin it alive (gain furs and food)
>Help it (you'll have to damage your robe for a makeshift bandaid and your food will only last for 2 days, but it can help if you need to go into melee combat)
>>
>>1478517
>>Help it (you'll have to damage your robe for a makeshift bandaid and your food will only last for 2 days, but it can help if you need to go into melee combat)
Acquire doggo, become beastmaster. Chicks dig doggos, right?
More practically, it'd be a great tracker so we don't have to spend as much time searching for stuff, and having a dog means we won't be as vulnerable whenever we sleep. Plus, chicks dig dogs, right?
>>
>>1478534
It is getting lonely without a companion (no beastiality). You patch up it's leg with a piece of your cloak you cut off. People can still recognize what clan you come from, but they might is take it as a sign that it was not originally yours. You give it some cooked meat (from you know where) and it's barking happily in your company. You took the last few hours in the night for rest with your newfound doggo.

It's now day 3 of the 14 day trial, what do you do?
>back to the ruins (tech/weapons, but risk attack)
>head back to the oasis (a safe space)
>check the map for anything else nearby
>Travel over to where your friends are in the south (take up the entirety of day three, including its night, while getting a chance at a random encounter)
>>
>>1474016
>Not for a wrongdoing, but simply as a rite of passage. As a young adult, you must prove your worth to the clan by surviving out in the desert ruins
>>1478552
So the only thing we need to do is survive, nothing else?
>>
>>1478569
Yeah, but the story isn't entirely about you growing up and becoming part of the clan per say...
>>
For now, let's say that the fourteen days out here are basic character development and a sort of tutorial for the both of us...
>>
>>1478582
Ah, alright then. So there's still some value in getting some good shit before we finish.

>>1474182
>You vaguely remember that your elders said about something up north.
We should've asked them what they said was up North, so we'd know what to look for.

>>1478534
>You patch up it's leg with a piece of your cloak you cut off.
>>check the map for anything else nearby
Look for some spots where there'd be medical supplies. If there are, go there.
>>head back to the oasis (a safe space)
If there aren’t any, nurse it back to health so it isn't a liability in combat.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1478588
The map isn't quite like the ones you've seen before back home, but you can tell there is a ruined medical center a short distance west from your current location. I'll roll to see if you get attacked or if something interesting happens...
>1-5 nothing
>6-14 attacked
>15-20 interesting
>>
On your way to the remains of a medbay, some vultures swoop down from the sky. They're not special but or new in any way but they're trying to kill your puppy. What do you do?

>Shoot em' down! (harder to hit and will risk personal health, but gain food)
>Leave the pup behind (avoid combat but lose dog)
>use the puppy as bait to stab the birds (risk his health but gain more food and feathers)
>>
>>1478517
>It's alive and breathing, but there's no way it could survive on its own.
>>1478605
>>Shoot em' down! (harder to hit and will risk personal health, but gain food)
Puppy's already wounded enough that it can't risk getting more injured, so just pop a cap in the damned vultures.
Get the puppy to watch our back for the vultures we can't see.

>>1478587
>For now, let's say that the fourteen days out here are basic character development and a sort of tutorial for the both of us...
>>1474147
>Basic character development and tutorial involves us potentially dying out in the wastes.
>There're already options to risk our lives out with minimal support.
Yep, it's got that Warhammer feel to it.
>>
>>1478605
They're not special or new in any way*
Pardon my autocorrect
>>
>>1478605
>>Shoot em' down! (harder to hit and will risk personal health, but gain food)
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 4, 6 = 14 (4d6)

>>1478615
Wish I could play some warhammer man, sounds really fun. Had no idea it was this similar so far...

Ok so we have 4 full mags of six shots, with 5 to spare. I'll roll 4 d6 for average bullet loss
and I'll figure out how to make health work. Feel free to give tips since I'm kinda new to this...
>>
>>1478622
Average is 3.5, rounds up to 4

>>1476821
You've got low grade leg armor...
Feet, legs, torso, arm and hands together plus the head make 5 separate points to get hit from...
>>
>>1478622
>Wish I could play some warhammer man, sounds really fun. Had no idea it was this similar so far...
>>1474016
>>1474130
It's more of a wargaming tabletop game series than adventure, but it's mostly the atmosphere of it that gives me the impressions. Plus the fact you used an image of it for your OP.
Just remember that Games Workshop veers into grimderp territory a lot of times if you try out Warhammer.

>>1478622
>and I'll figure out how to make health work. Feel free to give tips since I'm kinda new to this...
Avoid making the combat system too complicated to avoid overhead and bogging down the updates. You don't have to give a straight HP system, it makes it more difficult to abstract injuries anyways.
Personally I'm a fan of NEO Scavenger’s health system, a list of injuries and more detailed injury overviews the more skilled we are at being a medic. However, just a general description of how injured we are is enough, so we know how urgently we need to take care of it and avoid further injuries.

>>1478631
>Average is 3.5, rounds up to 4
Personally I'd suggest avoiding averages when possible because it makes the rolls feel more mediocre, but I guess you have a reason for this.
>>
Rolled 10 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

Let's say your health is currently at max (20), max armor points is 5 with numerical values as follows...

1 = Halves damage
2 = damage x 0.4
3 = damage x 0.3
4 = damage x 0.2
5 = a tenth of damage

Feral Dogs, Puppies, and Vultures deal 1 point in damage while the Pack leader of Feral Dogs deal 2.

Ok, rolling 1 d20 for chance of being hit and 1 d5 where, with the values as follows
1 is feet
2 is legs
3 is torso
4 is arms and hands
5 is head
>>
>>1478646
Didn't hit refresh yet. Does the system seem alright?
>>
>>1478648
>>1478652
Sounds like it might get complicated, but you have an interesting idea of how to deal with combat. I'd say let's roll with it for a bit to see how it goes.
Just make sure it doesn't degrade to "SPAM X TO DODGE" sort of deal, RWBY Quest was one of the worst examples I've seen in how it gets bogged down. I think Medieval Pokemon Quest also had problems with how cumbersome combat turns became, I forget what the name of it was and whether I’m mixing up quests or not.
>>
>>1478666
Yeah, I'll have to figure out how to simplify maths, but so far it's fine

>>1478648
Are you sure you don't wanna continue it with a dead vulture hitting your foot?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d5)

Ok never mind, realized that I should separate the rolls. rolling for area being hit
>>
>>1478648
>>1478682
>Are you sure you don't wanna continue it with a dead vulture hitting your foot?
Wait, so what are we allowed to do? I thought we were waiting for the rolls to resolve.-

>>1478685
Oh, I guess you confused yourself?
>>1478648
You can type dice+2d20 +Modifier for multiple dice.
>>
>>1478687
>You can type dice+2d20 +Modifier for multiple dice.
>>1478685
Nevermind, didn't read the rolls clearly enough. I forgot that you can only roll the same type of dice at once.
>>
>>1478687
Thanks for the advice and for realizing my blunder

We have 25 rounds left
You managed to kill it as it flew towards your head and now have a grand total of 3 ranged experience. Victory did not come without a cost, since it managed to fall and hit your legs... you now have 19.5 health, since you had rusted leg guard (1 point in leg armor halves damage). You now are at the broken down medbay.
I'll roll 1 d20 for items

>1-10 normal loot
>11-15 healing items and general loot
>16-20 for healing items, armor, and tech
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

Forgot to roll

>>1478690
And did not hit refresh
>>
Rolled 1 (1d5)

You've got bandaids, some sterilizing alcohol wipes, proper wrapping for small leg wounds (hey it's a weak weapon on a small creature) a solar powered welder (usable once a day) and let me roll for what kind of armor you've found...
>>
Your current Inventory:

Weapons:
Pistol (25 rounds)
Knife

Tech:
Simple tools (for repairs on basic items)
Solar powered Welder (usable once daily, can repair big metal structures with enough scrap)

Healing:
6 Bandaids (heals 1/2 point of damage)
3 Sterilizing Alcohal Wipes (prevents infection)
Wrapping (you can fully heal your pup with this)

Armor:
Rusted Leg Guards (grade 1)
Worn Metal Sandals (grade 1)

Consumable/Other:
Vodka (can be used with the bloody rags from your pup to make an unlit Molotov or to trade, I don't suggest drinking it)
Meats (enough for 2 and a half days)
Binoculars
Rope
Map
3 water flasks (2 of 3 filled due to traveling and combat)
Sleeping bag
>>
I forgot to mention that it is now night...
A few options:
>use/craft item in inventory
>go hunting/looking for water
>search for weapons (risk two attacks and use up some food and water)
>Head back to the Oasis (safety, food and water)
>Head south over to where your friends are (takes up a whole day and a half, uses up a water flask. risks an attack)
>Rest (fully heals you and since >>1478588, you automatically use up the alcohol wipes and wrapping to heal the pup)
>>
>>1478727
>, proper wrapping for small leg wounds (hey it's a weak weapon on a small creature)
How weak is the pistol? It sounded rather powerful from the one-shots on the animals we've been killing so far.

>>1478646
>>1478648
>>1478682
>>1478712
Hm. I think I've found a way to help simplify the math while keeping the sort of complexity you're looking for. Mind, yours is something I haven’t seen in a while so I’m not sure what’d work well for this quest.
One set of dice is hit chance, one is for hitting any desired areas or achieving certain effects if stated, and one is for damage. Criticals are however you want to describe them for a given roll. Modifiers can be based on circumstance or mobs.
Players can make their own rolls if they want for the other side, or you can retain that bullet mechanic you’re already using. Maybe you can make a 4th dice for amount of ammunition used?
If there's a multiple enemies at once, you can put them under the same die and make estimates for how many hit from the sheer amount of them. I'd suggest you use the same type of dice for rolls so you don't have to keep making separate posts to roll for the same action. I’m not sure how you’d roll for different types of enemies attacking at once, but I guess you’ll find something that’ll make it work.

You don't have to use a HP bar. General severity of injury from attacks that can be reasonably estimated from what the enemies are is fine. So I guess including a damage scale and special effects scale is fine.
>>
>>1478796
>>Rest (fully heals you and since >>1478588 (You), you automatically use up the alcohol wipes and wrapping to heal the pup)
Heal now before more serious medical attention is needed later for the pup.

>>1478652
>>1478720
You can set it to auto-update so you don't have to keep doing that.
>>
>>1478799
Did you notice how many bullets are being used and how vague I'm being about how many actually hit. It, also did not implement the area hit mechanic on enemies so I chose the leg, keeping it alive, but giving some major pain. I probably didn't specify your enemies strength as well, but I thought it would make it seem obvious.

Also, thanks for some ideas
>>
>>1478815
Kind of, but from the sound of it we only took one shot per enemy. I was expecting everything to be bullet sponges in a sense, which is what I got the overestimation of damage from.
>>
>>1478810
Forgot about auto-update

Alright, day 4 of 14, ten day left. Your puppet is ready for action, and so are you. What's the plan?
>Travel to your friends place (potential trades and comrades, but risk an attack and use up 1 day's worth of food and water flask)
>Loot for stuff (bullets, weapons, tech, and scrap)
>Go hunting (find food from an enemy and water)
>Head back to the Oasis (safety, food, water are guaranteed, only random encounters with anything but harm are to be expected)
>>
>>1478829
Oh ok. I plan on setting something like that up as soon as things get in motion.
>>
>>1478841
>Your puppet is ready for action, and so are you.
>Your puppet
I wouldn't go as far as to say our puppy is our puppet, but maybe the MC feels differently.
>>1478841
>>Travel to your friends place (potential trades and comrades, but risk an attack and use up 1 day's worth of food and water flask)
I wonder how well our friends are doing at this point. If they accidentally gave each other shit intel, then we can help them not be such failures. 5 days should be enough for them to get an idea.

>>1478844
Ah, alright then.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>1478853
I hate autocorrect, meant to say pupper. Also, MCs way of perceiving the world is based on his actions, which is what you guys choose. Therefore, he sees things the way you would.

Rolling for enemies
>1-4 pass through peacefully but find something interesting
>5-15 enemies you've already met
>16-20 New threats
>>
Ok, you've got a Pack Leader and a Feral Dog (What's up with these small packs amirite? Probably means they're easily split up.) Your pupper is untrained, so he goes in and fights immediately. What do you do?

>Skin those enemy doggos alive! (You risk hurting yourself over the pupper and gain food and furs)
>Shoot em' dead (risk hitting the pupper, gains food only)
>Ditch them (lose the pupper, gain experience in running away like the big fat coward I know you aren't)
>>
>>1478895
>Rolled 15 (1d20)
>>5-15 enemies you've already met
>>1478936
Ah, so we meet again.

>>1478936
>Probably means they're easily split up.)
Good.
>>1478936
>>Shoot em' dead (risk hitting the pupper, gains food only)
Pop off a shot at the one furthest from the pupper to buy some more space, proceed to
>>Skin those enemy doggos alive! (You risk hurting yourself over the pupper and gain food and furs)

>>1478936
>Your pupper is untrained, so he goes in and fights immediately.
Next order of business, make sure pupper is trained enough to not fight against our orders.
>>Ditch them (lose the pupper, gain experience in running away like the big fat coward I know you aren't)
Just for saying that, I'm tempted to make that the reality.
>>
>>1478947
Ok wait, I've got important things to do
>>
Rolled 5, 3, 3, 3 = 14 (4d6)

>>1478947
Rolling for bullet loss please standby
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1479532

You shot at the Pack Leader before they were aware of your pupper's advance. The loud gunfire spooked them, but they knew they must fight. Your bullets hurt bad, but not enough...
Rolling for how your pupper did in combat.
>>
>>1479532
Is the roll for each bullet also accounting for how much damage they deal? How high do the shots have to be to count as a hit?

>>1479561
>Rolled 13 (1d20)
Huh, he's pretty good.
>>
>>1479561
Hew fought his rival well. He actually ran back to you to let you know he did a good job. I can't believe I'm trying this, but what should you do?
>Pet the good boy
>Finish the enemy doggo off
>>
>>1479568
The roll determines how many bullets you used. If it took one shot to kill "Dreadlord the Hellraiser" then you somehow shot him in the vitals at close range, permanently killing him. If you rolled the highest number possible (depending on mag size) then you spent an hour and a half trying to shoot a stationary target to impress a lady, only to remember that you suck at using heavy machine guns.
>>
>>1479569
>I can't believe I'm trying this, but what should you do?
Obviously the clear choice is
>>Pet the good boy
Might seem counter-productive, but it's mostly so he'll be easier to train later if he knows he'll be rewarded for helping out.
This is not related at all to wanting to pet the dog.
>>
>>1479584
Sure man...

>>1479582
Hopefully this is all right.

You pet the pupper in his blood soaked glory. Thankfully, it isn't his own blood. He moves his head closer to your hand as a sign that he enjoys it. Now, let's get back to finishing off his rival...
On the journey to the north, you and your puppet enjoy nomming on the cooked flesh of those dumb foolish doggos...
>>
>>1479582
>>1479595
So is a higher number for a roll for shots fired better or worse?

When you get a feel for the quest down and set up the mechanics, I'd suggest shilling on /qtg/.
>>
File: IMG_0679.jpg (219KB, 1450x1066px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0679.jpg
219KB, 1450x1066px
>>1479595
(1/2)
Your friends were kinda right...
There was a town up ahead, made up of the debri and discarded metals. The only problem is that there isn't much water in the general location and that the animals there are much stronger...
"Hey! Lukas, you're finally back!" Your comrades cheered when you found them. Your lucky that they recognized you before a citizen did. Your cut up robes make you look suspicious. "Where's Natalie?" You inquired. They only knew that she went off to search for stuff, and would probably come back tonight. At the same time though, you eyed the weapons for trade. It was then you realized you brought a once Feral pupper with you. You look around, and thankfully, he's just panting happily at your side. A friend notices, and tells you that pets like these are common, but that you should probably get a leash to hold onto him. So, you now use the rope as a leash and have these options:
>>
>>1479619
Depends on the number of enemies I guess. Like if there is only one target, preferrably 1 bullet is good. If there are multiple enemies, 1 shot would most likely would only get one of them
>>
>>1479619
Define shilling, and please tell where /qtg/ is...
>>
>>1479733
Advertising, it's the term used on 4chan normally for stuff like that. By definition, it means an employed customer. Here it's used either in the context of unwanted advertisements, or advertisements in general.
>>1449992
It's the same thread you can find an advice pastebin for new QMs.
>>
>>1479767
Thanks for the advice. Now, back to the ruined deserts!
Options:
>Rest till nightfall (might meet up with childhood friend)
>Trade (anything in your inventory, preferably a bottle of Vodka, for a weapon, piece of armor, or scrap)
>Catch-up with you fellow clan mates (info might come in handy)
>>
If you pick trade, I'll show you their inventory before you decide on what to trade for...
>>
>>1478552
>People can still recognize what clan you come from, but they might is take it as a sign that it was not originally yours
>>1479713
>Your lucky that they recognized you before a citizen did.
>>1479813
First get the cloak repaired so we look like actual clan mates.
>>1474182
>You shared some good times back then, but you feel like it would be better to adventure solo.
>>Rest till nightfall (might meet up with childhood friend)
Proceed to meet up with the possible companion we ditched earlier. See how they're doing and if they need better looting spots.

>>1479815
Hm, right.
>>
>>1479828
Hopefully I understood what you want

You ask a friend if they have a spare robe. Luckily, he did. Your ruined robes and fresh robes may come in handy, diplomacy wise. Don't forget that these guys are greedy, and that you can just choose to rest now if you plan on saving up. When I get back and the popular vote gets a bad roll, say goodbye to that vodka.
Items available for trade include:
Ammo ( P for pistol, R for Rifle)
A well preserved SMG (mag size 12P)
Rusted Sniper Rifle (mag size is 1R, but it takes awhile to reload and aim)
A Mosin Nagant (mag size 9R, can double as a club, crutch, oar)
Scrap (specify amount)
More items will be available depending on how long you've been out there and how often you trade.
>>
>>1479876
So what guns are we good in? If we aren’t specced for any, let’s rest and wait for our companion for party compositions.
>>1479713
>A friend notices, and tells you that pets like these are common, but that you should probably get a leash to hold onto him.
>>1479876
>>Trade (anything in your inventory, preferably a bottle of Vodka, for a weapon, piece of armor, or scrap)
Also ask for any collars so we can give him a clan identification.

>>1479876
>Your ruined robes and fresh robes may come in handy, diplomacy wise.
Sweet. Offer to help repair some stuff for our friend as thanks.
>>
>>1479937
When I said, preferably a bottle of vodka, I meant that would immediately seal a deal for any trade for 1 of the specific items listed in >>1479876. Forgot to state that specifically, you can trade anything, but vodka ensures a trade goes through if things screw up...

You can get a collar, but what name is pupper gonna have?

There is no such thing as specialization, only knowing how and how not use use stuff. You can shoot a gun, so a gun you shall shoot.

Alright, you can offer to repair something, but only after you decide on trading your current goods for anything here... Then a well deserved rest!
>>
>>1480451
Pup Pup, and trade for scrap and the collar.
>>
>>1478767
You now have 21 P rounds after >>1479532

What do you wanna trade for >>1480471. Doesn't have to be Vodka, but Vodka guarantees a trade success...
>>
>>1480451
>>1480471
>>1480489
Yeah, this works. Offer to help repair some stuff in exchange because of our tech expertise and rare tools.
>>
>>1480496
Services for stuff, What is this bartertown?
Agreeing.
>>
>>>>1480496
>Services for stuff, What is this bartertown?
Isn't it? We're out in the wastes and the tribe's becoming of age is going out to survive and hopefully find some cool shit.
Plus since we're a tribe, I figured we'd need to fix shit up anyways. Now we're just being paid to do so.
>>
>>1480525
>>1480507
Huh, I'm not sure how I mislinked that.
>>
>>1480525
Heyyy, I was agreeing with that. I was just doing it smarmy like.
And see if there is a better place to sleep.
>>
>>1480535
>Heyyy, I was agreeing with that. I was just doing it smarmy like.
Oh I know that, I was just playing along and explaining why we didn't just hand over some shit for future reference. Nice reference, good times.

>And see if there is a better place to sleep.
I wonder what our house is like.
>>
>>1480489
Refer back to this, check your inventory, and tell me what you trade or just hand me the vodka and everything goes well...
>>
>>1480590
Roll to try barter and negotiation?
>>
>>1480525
Oh, you trade services for stuff... That's smart
Just gonna wait for a reply to confirm it guys...
>>
>>1480596
Rolling d20
>>
>>1480590
>and tell me what you trade or just hand me the vodka and everything goes well...
Are we talking to you the QM or the trader? Sounds like something the trader would say.

>>1480599
>>1480496
>>1480507
>>1480525
Yep. That's the plan Interpid and I were agreeing on, like a bartertown.

>>1480596
>>1480610
Is this a best of or a single roll?
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>1480610
DICE GIVE HIM GOOD TIME!
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1480618>>1480615
Yeah, both of us said that

The trader happily accepts your offer to repair something of his. An old hover bike, which looks like it's barely holding itself together, is what he'd like repaired.
Rolling for success!
>>
>>1480635
>Rolled 4 (1d20)
>An old hover bike, which looks like it's barely holding itself together, is what he'd like repaired.
>Rolling for success!
This sucks.
How good are we at this with our gear and tech experience?
>>
>>1480618

Let's just say for now that the bike is holding itself together better now, but it's not useful anymore
You lost 1 vodka (you did not use up scrap since it was not a personal object) and went over to the friend that handed you his spare robes. He says that you can keep this hover bike an old man was selling. What are the odds of that?
>>
>>1480641
Old tech, not fancy stuff people made with it...

The inn is actually pretty decent by post-apocalyptic desert ruin standards. A barely functioning water faucet is here, so water randomly disperses. You lie down on your slightly used spring mattress and rest up to the night...
>>
>>1480663
Alright, it's evening, and you're waiting for Natalie to come. You're getting worried, but it's only been a few minutes since the moon arose. What do you do?
>repair the bike (use up your scrap and pass time waiting)
>Train with good ol Pup pup (He will now attack when you will it, but keeping quiet will require more time training)
>Hit the shops
>search for Natalie yourself (why not?)
>>
>>1480679
>>Train with good ol Pup pup (He will now attack when you will it, but keeping quiet will require more time training)
And give the pupper head pats.
>>
>>1480679
>>Train with good ol Pup pup (He will now attack when you will it, but keeping quiet will require more time training)
Keeping Pup Pup from attacking first means we can set up battle plans with him.
>>1480685
2nd.
>>
File: IMG_0681.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0681.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>1480685
>>1480717
"Alright Pup Pup, wait!" You command
Pup Pup obeys by lying on his belly, waiting for the signal...
"Attack!" You yell
Pup Pup obeys by mercilessly tearing into the dummy you constructed out of the bloodied pillow on your bed. Luckily, it never made sleeping comfy, so there was no loss. (1/2)
>>
I'm gonna rest for now...
>>
>>1480784
Night, or good rest.
Whatever it is, have a good one.
>>
>>1480765
(2/2)

As you were preparing the dummy for another round, the door swings open slowly. You look over to the side, and see the someone's shadow looming through the doorway. That's when they jump at you. Let's choose from these options.

>Throw a pillow at them
>Accept fate
>Jump out of the way (works 100%, but is boring)
>>
>>1482108
>>Throw a pillow at them
And rush behind it to tackle them.
>>
>>1482108
>>1482160
2nd.
>>
>>1480765
>IMG_0681.gif
>>1482108
On another note, what dog breed is Pup Pup?
>>
>>1482264
He is was a Feral Pup Pup, so he could be anything. This is generally what he looks like.

You throw the bloodied pillow at the intruder's face, giving you a chance to tackle them from behind. The both of you land on the mattress, giving you a chance to squeeze something soft, yet firm... (1/2)
>>
>>1482533
You can tell fast where this is going... (both ooc and ic)

You get off of her back and try to apologize as she gathers herself from being blinded and groped. What is your excuse. Please right them down below since I'm feeling evil right about.... now.
>>
>>1482549
*Write them down below
>>
>>1482554
Sorry, thought you had ill intentions for me.
>>
>>1482581
>>1482160
Two intrepid explorers? Which is the original?

Also, that's not a bad excuse. But I think it might be more fun to see if there is worse or better...
>>
>>1482666
All me, my id resets when my internet is disconnected.
Apologize to the lady.
>>
>>1482554
>>1482666
I should probably continue the story since it has low interest so far...

"N-natalie!? I had no idea it was... I thought you were gonna kill me!" You sputter like a broken radio. All that responds to you is a female clanmate with a face so red she'd look like a flare gun's bullet. You did grope her breasts from behind while lying on her back. What do you do now?

>Run before anything goes nuts
or
>Help the lady up
>>
>>1482721
>>Help the lady up
Apologize profusely.
>>
>>1482728
You apologized as hard as you can. I honestly don't know what you could say to be that way, but it happened. She accepts your apology, but is still disturbed by the incident. Now, because of >>1479828, you ask her about her travels. She's having difficulty finding water and food, but there's a good spot to find weapons and scrap nearby. You tell her about the oasis you found, and her face lights up with hope. It is now day 6, and Natalie is left a note on your door saying she will be gone for a few days to get the food and water over at the oasis. What do you wanna do?

>Meet up with her there (you'll also be forced into a battle to get food)
>Loot the nearby ruin (good stuff to salvage or loot can be found)
>attempt to fix the bike (again)
>attempt to trade (again)
>Get info (on the area around here)
>>
>>1482826
>>Meet up with her there (you'll also be forced into a battle to get food)
Safety in numbers.
>>
>>1482826
>>Get info (on the area around here)
Locations of where the other adventurers are at. What do they name clan mates that are outside their homes or out on their trial, wanderers?
>>1482840
2nd. We got into a lot of fights there, she might need some backup. Any others along the way we can try picking up.
>>
>>1479713
>Tougher animals...
>>1482879
>She fought tougher things than you...

You ask around. The people you really knew well, Rick (Good Marksman), Carolynne (Diplomatic Trader), and Derick (Explorer and Expert Looter), are inside the nearby ruins right now. Do you really wanna head over to Natalie right now?
>>
>>1482916
>>She fought tougher things than you...
I was figuring she might get ganked out there, but good to know we're scrubs in combat out of the duo.

>>1482916
>Do you really wanna head over to Natalie right now?
Yeah, sure thing.
>>
>>1482923
Fighter first, to help keep us alive, then a medic, if there is one.
>>
>>1482931
Oh, right.
>>1482916
>are inside the nearby ruins right now.
How close are the nearby ruins? I glanced over that part.
>>
>>1482946
Literally a hop, skip, and a jump. The town is made up of it's debris, but the ruins have an underground half. Going there is risky for now, and Natalie is the closest thing you have to a medic (does she want medic?). So, what do guys?

Also, sorry for screwing around with Natalie's reintroduction, just trying to pass the time by anticipating reactions...
>>
>>1483198
Medic fighter combo?
Yes please.
Brute force healing.
>>
>>1483215
Drive out the injuries with mighty club strikes.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

Alright, heading back to Oasis. Prep for combat muh dudes.

Rolling 1d20
>>
>>1483198
Oh, so we exchange time for difficulty. Got it.
>>1482916
Let's recruit everyone we can and get this adventuring party going.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1483238
I hope you guys remember that you had a junky hover cycle you can't carry with you... I'm gonna roll a d2 to see if you scrapped it or forgot about it.
1 is for scrap
2 is you forgot completely and left it behind

Oh, a measly little boy has pointed his rusty knife at you as you were about to leave. He looks slightly experienced, yet still new to murder.
What do?
>Kill him (explain how)
>Befriend him (explain how)
>Trick him (explain how)
>>
I might take awhile since I have important things to do and I have to make tracking inventory easier on my side...
>>
>>1483257
Show him the error of his ways, through superior force and tactics.
>>1483270
No worries.
>>
>>1483257
>I hope you guys remember that you had a junky hover cycle you can't carry with you... I'm gonna roll a d2 to see if you scrapped it or forgot about it.
I thought we were just going to store it in our house.

>>1483257
>>Befriend him (explain how)
Ask him if one of the clan mates, and what he's doing in a condition like this. Shouldn't he be taken care of?
>>1483276
Proceed to do this if he's being a cunt.
>>
>>1483320
Good point,the motorcycle is now being stored by a trusted clanmate at the inn. No dice roll for this one due to simplicity and since it's most likely gonna end that way.

He doesn't have any clan's robes on at all, just some rags. You proceed to ask him what clan he's from, but all he does is dash of towards you with his rusty knife toward your face. All you do is step to the side, watch him trip and sit on his back and hold the knife up to his neck while restraining him for good measure. Pup Pup is intrigued as to what's going on. You order the vagabond to state his home clan and what happened to him. He just continues struggling, so as incentive, you took his pouch, which conveniently contains enough food for 3 days. Only problem is, what do with vagabond?
>>
>>1483433
Make him into our pack mule?
Yes
Make him adventure with us.
>>
>>1483798
How do convince a boy desperately trying to kill you to become a slave? Are you sure you want Natalie to see you acting like a slaver after the "incident" and to have the boy trying to kill you every chance he gets when you get in a fight? Heck, he might even steal yo stuff. Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

But seriously, are you sure?
>>
Sorry, got to busy to post a "gonna go sleep now" post earlier
>>
>>1487167
Slave no, Assistant yes.
For his assistance and help, we take care of him and feed him and stuff.
>>
>>1487306
Alright, but for safety, we tie up his arms so he can't attack you easily. He can still carry stuff fine though. You have enough food for 2 days trip amongst the 3 of you. It's getting late now, and you can see that Natalie's camp is set up at the oasis. What do?

>Rest up (refill water supply for travels, Natalie returns in morning)
>Search for Natalie while looting (gain loot and companion right away, but risk unawareness due to sleepiness)
>Train Pup Pup (will now be quiet during important attacks)
>Attempt to convince the still hostile boy to stop trying to kill you (seriously, I thought I got the point across)
>>
Gonna sleep now
>>
>>1487545
Can we hunt for food?
If not
>Attempt to convince the still hostile boy to stop trying to kill you (seriously, I thought I got the point across)
Good night.
>>
File: IMG_0688.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0688.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1488432
Ok, hunting time! I'm gonna try to make this more interesting literature-wise...

You tie up the young boy to a tree so that he can't run off and alert any of his friends, if he has any, to your position. A note was accompanying him, stating that this guy tried to kill you and that you're trying to make him more useful. So, you and Pup Pup leave your camp in the oasis to hunt for food nearby. (1/2) Got something to do, might take up some time...
>>
Hello?
>>
Logging off now...
Gonna check in tomorrow...
>>
>>1491156
>>1491202
It said (1/2)
Was waiting for next post, sorry.
Continue the hunt for food. Try and show Natalie that we can do stuff, and feed the crazy kid.
>>
>>1491757
Got bored and had spare time somehow, realized my mistake. Explains a lot actually.
I think I should make a new thread starting off after we finish the 14 days and improved text to gather more attention and make it more interesting.

You look over your shoulder, taking in the scenery. Those pink flowers were really pretty. You've never seen anything like it before. Heck, you haven't seen much except for the salvaged tech when you were still a young lad in the clan. But, you've got other things to do. Like killing the Berzerked Feral Doggos that just appeared. There are 3 this time, but they don't look so easily scared with their blood red eyes and patches of bare flesh pulling your attention. Pup Pup starts to growl, but you immediately go and pet him to calm his nerves. The dogs aren't close by, helping you avoid being seen behind a dune, but they may have heard Pup Pup. How shall you proceed.

>Try to split them up and skin them
>Shoot them immediately
>Run in there with Pup Pup and murder their carcasses
>Attempt to back off
>>
>>1491833
Set up ambush, with Pup Pup as bait.
As they round the dune, shoot them immediately.

If this thread is up when the next one goes up, please link here.
>>
Rolled 5, 6, 6 = 17 (3d6)

Pup Pup runs off to the left side of the dune, barking like a mad man, while you get a bit higher up the dune to snipe them... with a pistol. Rolling for Bullets lost. So far you've got 21
>>
16 bullets are left, ammo is getting scarce. With the Feral Doggos dead, you take a closer look. Their blood red eyes are gone. They've gone blank, with no pupils visible. Their patches of missing fur are still there, but this seems very suspicious. You head back to the camp, petting the good pupper along the way.

Natalie is back at camp, standing in front of the "willing" assistant you've tied up to a tree. How do you respond? Write it down below... I'm going to bed.
>>
>>1491994
Explain that you didn't want to kill him, but he wouldn't stop attacking, so to stop further attacks you just brought him along.Then tell her about the feral dogs and their eyes.
>>
>>1492469
"Oh, that explains a lot." She says as her disgust towards your guts fades away.

"Yeah, I've noticed that too. One almost bit my hand off..." She says, eyes wandering around camp, until

"Is that a Feral Puppy!" She screams. Although she is your childhood friend, you don't have much experience with how girls work. She could be scared since one tried biting her hand off, or excited since you both didn't see much of the outside until now. How do you respond?
>>
File: IMG_0691.jpg (94KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0691.jpg
94KB, 600x764px
>>1494386
Mistyped

Gonna post some pics so I won't lose em...
>>
>>1494386
Don't worry, that's just Pup Pup.
>>
>>1494809
"Pup Pup? That's such a cute name for someone as scraggly as him..." She replies, rubbing his belly happily.

Cough*

Looks like your "assistant" is bothered by the current affairs.

"What do you want?" Natalie snaps at him.

"How long do you plan on keeping me tied up here?" The boy replies.

"As long as it takes to make sure you won't kill any of us." You reply bluntly

"It doesn't matter, you're all gonna die anyway. The Ragged Ones will avenge me and come for all of you! They're gonna rule these wastes, just you wait!" The boy hisses at the both of you. It appears that this boy is part of a raider group, people who have abandoned their clans for the rush of killing and stealing. It's odd that they have the goal of claiming an entire area for themselves. It's practically unheard of. Groups of people going after goals such as those often have great amounts of firepower. How do you respond to the news?

>Interrogation
>Ask for your Clan mates help back at the town to prepare
>Head back to the clan and alert them of this potential threat
>>
Hello? Anyone out there willing to hear a story?
>>
>>1497524
Stories? Who needs that?
>>
>>1496978
>>Interrogation
>>1483320
So let's ask him what this raider boy is doing out alone all the way out here like this, did the Ragged Ones send him or did he strike out on his own?
>>
>>1497582
>Interrogation
Then with the information
>Head back to the clan and alert them of this potential threat
>>
>>1497539
People who like getting exp without having to experience it for themselves

"Alright, there's a group of people you call the 'Ragged Ones' out there trying to kill us all off and claim the world. But one thing is odd. If your a member, then why are you all by yourself?" You inquire, holding the same blood-rusted knife he pointed at you under his neck. Natalie is now back to being uncomfortable around you.

"Because..." he trails off.

"Cause' what?" You respond.

"Because I wanted to prove my worth to them," he starts crying, "because they called me a stupid weakling..."

Both you and Natalie looked very confused

"Bringing your bloodied head to them would guarantee me a place amongst them! I could become a feared Warlord here if you never noticed me!" He bawls. To be honest, he was out in the open near the town. Anyone could've seen him, but not many bothered doing a thing.

"Let's head back home, Natalie..." You say.

"Even though this is true, we can't just forfeit our rite of passage." She replies.

"You treasure our reputation over the lives of our own?" You inquire, surprised by her response.

"No, it's just that my father once tried the same thing. None of the guards would let him in or listen, to keep those lying out. We could try sending a messenger to tell them though, but their services aren't private and they cost a lot." She sheepishly replies. Your starting to get very aggressive and caring at the same time, to the point where you might have multiple personality disorder from your time here.

How do you react?

>Travel back home personally
>Get loot for the messenger
>Get your fellow clansmen back at the town and prepare for the battle

And what do you do with the vagabond?
>>
>>1497726
>Get loot for the messenger
And keep the vagabon.
>>
Rolled 12, 14 = 26 (2d20)

The four of you head off in the direction of the medbay in an earlier looting. It's really awkward how you're party consists of you, the protagonist, Pup Pup, a dog whose family was brutally murdered right in front of him yet he became loyal to their murderer, a crying 13 year old bent on becoming a young dictator via murder, and a girl whose face was covered by a bloodied pillow while being groped, having to endure the company of the three of them in the name of survival... Imma roll 2d20 for loot and assume you'll sleep together outside when it's night.
>>
>>1497974
Good assumption, but take turns on watching the 13 year old.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

You now have a pistol (36 rounds), two different knives, a long metal rod, some tools and a solar powered welder, some bandaids and sterilizing alcohol, enough food for about 2 days if I remember correctly, binoculars, rope, a map of the general area around the broken medbay, 5 days worth of water (all humans water flasks shared) and you being the only person with a sleeping bag. Rolling for random encounter
>>
>>1497980
No need, he's tied up next to Pup Pup the TERMINATOR!

A rusted pod is visible from the shadows, with some salvageable scrap from the environment nearby, you wanna repair it? There might be good loot if you ride it up. You have 1 repair exp from the motorcycle if you wanna use it to improve the repair roll...
>>
>>1498001
Pod? What kind of pod?
>>
>>1497726
>but their services aren't private and they cost a lot."
So they're a public service? Do they maintain the secrecy of their messages and packages like any courier would?

>>1498001
>A rusted pod is visible from the shadows,
Can we drag it back? How far are we from a safe zone?
>>1498014
2nd.

>>1497726
>People who like getting exp without having to experience it for themselves
Spoken like a true ambiguous statement between the QM and a oral storyteller.
>>
>>1498014
You know how pirates have those smaller boats attached to their flagship to both serve as an escape in emergencies and ferry supplies/people to and from the ship? Same concept yet in space.

>>1499324
Yep, public service. But considering how it's public, it wouldn't matter if their mouths are shut since they're one of the few brave couriers out there. Since there'd be a huge demand, they'd have many people trying to pass a message on. That would lead to potential listeners who might pass it on to "others".

If it's meant to carry a bunch of people to and from a place in space, do you think you'd be able to drag it back? It'd need some decent defense, adding to weight...

Well I like reading some good green text, some sound real, others are nonsensical yet make you think. Others sound good enough to put in a book and sell.
>>
Hello? I guess I cringed this thread to death... Might as well wait to see if true...
>>
>>1499634
Let's use our XP to repair the pod since we're out here.
>>1499634
>That would lead to potential listeners who might pass it on to "others".
Let's go switch to >>1497726
>>Get your fellow clansmen back at the town and prepare for the battle
I wouldn't want any raiders intercepting our message.

>>1501663
Kek.
I honestly thought I already submitted my command.
>>
>>1501704
Seconding.

My sleeping schedule has been inverted.
Sorry.
>>
Rolled 14 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

Ok, repairing pod. Please stand by.
>>
>>1501806
Considering how the exp wasn't needed to get at least a 10 in the roll, you now have 2 repair exp to use. I'll also assume you wanna use it to go up in space and acknowledge the change in action.

"Alright, who wants to fly?" You say, sitting inside and motioning the others to come in. They're just standing there, mouths agape at how a random survivor from after the "Great Fall" had managed to repair tech this advanced. Sure, Natalie had known about your knack for studying tech back home. But a drop pod like this is amazing.

You check the terminal. It appears the ship it came from is still intact. With everyone on board, including Pup Pup, you fire up the machine and watch as the sandy dunes you called home disappear under the night sky...

Clunk!

"That's a good noise, it means we've reached the ship." You say proudly. Completing the rite of passage isn't that hard if you know what your doing, but getting into a Pre-Fall spaceship is something the boys back home will never believe.

You set your pack of food and water down inside the pod, and pick up some protective space gear left inside some nearby containers. You're all now wearing a sealed helmet of some sort, with a small oxygen tank attached in case of emergencies. You cut up the rope so that only enough to keep the boy tied up is used while the rest can be useful while scouting the remains.

There are different colored arrows on the floor, each pointing to different parts of the ship. A purple arrow for an "armory", a blue arrow for a medbay, a green arrow for the food court, and a red... wait, that's not paint. Something tells you you're not alone. Nonetheless, you have to scout for loot in here, since the pod only has enough fuel left to get you all back down safely.

Where do you go?
>Armory
>Medbay
>Food Court
>Wherever the "red paint" trail goes

Keep in mind, after exploring, you'll head back straight to the pod to rest up and heal if you have the necessary supplies. If you run out of food, water and etc. , you'll be forced to travel back home
>>
>>1501891
I meant to say I acknowledge the change in plans for informing your clan...

Might sleep soon, sorry if it appears I'm not doing anything
>>
>>1501891
Disable the pod so someone else can't use it.
Then head to the medbay.
>>
>>1501940
It's not like they know how to operate it. Odds are, they'd ruin any chance of going back. And nobody wants that. So, where will you go?
>>
>>1502950
Lets get some heals.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

Your walking along over to the medbay, when suddenly...
>>
Rolled 1, 4, 12, 9, 9 = 35 (5d20)

>>1503197
A containment compartment opened, with only some pistol rounds (total is now 42 rounds), an energy core, a random keycard with a number 1 on it, and a note.

Your finally reach the medbay, with the first five rooms unlocked, with the rest requiring a level 1 keycard. For now, you'll loot the first five rooms, and then decide if you wanna see if you have an applicable keycard.
>>
You've found a random corpse, with another note attached, 1 painkiller, 3 large wound wrappings, and 5 bandaids...

Do you wanna try to unlock the rest of the medbay, go back to the pod and rest, or check out the rest of the ship?
>>
>>1503212
>>1503221
Read the notes.
Then see if there is a list of what might be in the med bays.
>>
>>1503443
Note from the Compartment:
Lynne, in case you do read this, I've fortified the (illegible) room and put in a radio. I know you're gonna get upset at me for not listening to you, but I really have a bad feeling about the subject. He's showing extreme violence toward everything we throw at him. I've also stashed away some of my spare rations in there for you.

The Corpse' Note:
There isn't much left in the general area of the Medbay, I'm using up some of the remaining painkillers just to write this. I don't have clearance to the secured area inside, but I'm pretty sure we have a surgical kit inside. Hopefully any survivors who find my rotting carcass can make use of it. I know I won't...

What is the plan?
>>
>>1503630
Oh, you also hear some shuffling nearby. It definitely doesn't sound like it came from anyone in your party.
>>
>>1503630
>>1503631
Get your gun at the ready, see if that key card would unlock anything in the medbay.
>>
Rolled 10, 8 = 18 (2d20)

You pull out the pistol, head over to the rest of the medbay and thankfully see it open up as you scan the keycard.

Voosh*

That was close. You look behind to see glowing blue eyes from a shadowy figure staring back at you. By the time you finish up looting, it might be gone.
>>
You've obtained the basic Trauma Kit (heals most major wounds), a level 2 keycard and photo of some random girl. Might be the rumored "high school crush photo" the eldest of the elders keep raving about.

You finished up searching around in the relatively clean surgical room. The real life-saving gear might have been taken by a survivor of whatever happened long ago, but this will do for now. Sadly, the shadowy figure is still behind the reinforced faded glass door.

You could attempt to build a double sided spear with the two knives and the miraculously convenient I.V. stand right beside you. But that would use up the entire battery inside of your welder. However, the thing is pretty fast and your pistol isn't known for it's stopping power. Either way, opening the door risks waking up the creature. What do?

>Open the door, get on the floor, and shoot the damn thing dead!
>Build a new weapon
>Scream like a standard horror movie victim and accept fate
>>
File: IMG_0707.jpg (28KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0707.jpg
28KB, 500x625px
>>1508122
Forgot pic. Should've mentioned she seemed similar to Natalie and her relatives.
Thread posts: 216
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.