[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Heart of Men

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: tegaki.png (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
16KB, 400x400px
Your eyes flutter open, to the sight of your bedside table.
A rat squeaks in front of your face as you steady your eyes on it, and quickly scampers away, with the sound of the little rat's feet filling the dark atmosphere of your room. But as the vermin leaves, you catch a quick glimpse of a shadow passing your window. Maybe it's nothing you thought, maybe it was just the patrol.
Something disturbs you, preventing you from sleep.
"Rats?" You lay in bed, conflicted. The dirty things have been pestering you for weeks in your little home. To get up, and look for the source would not only help you, but the town as well. However, that much investigation in something could invoke the intervention of the Patrol, and last time it did...
>Follow the rat?
>Stay in bed?
>>
>>14704
Stay in bed. What kind of loony goes hunting after rats in the middle of the night?
>>
>>14704
Follow the rat.
>>
File: tegaki.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
4KB, 400x400px
>>14722

You decide against chasing after the rat. It's just a rat after all, someone's going to take care of it sooner than later, and, well, what would people think of me going outside hunting for rats?
You have a bit of trouble trying to sleep, but, alas, it is a new day.

Stretching out of bed, the blue sky fills in the room with a warm light. After eating slices of bread, you decide to go outside.
Greeted by the sun, and the usual working people, everything's fine by the looks of it. However, the peace is broken by the patrol walking through the streets. The way they walk, the battering of their armor, it almost makes the whole town look like a graveyard.
As you take in the area, one of the marching men break off from the group and walks up to you.
"Yeh seen anything strange lately? Like... People?"
"What do you mean by people?" You ask inquisitively.
"Err... How do I explain it..." He pauses for a long moment, before he stutters an answer. "Sh-shadows?"
>Laugh at him
>Tell him about last night
>Say nothing
>>
>>14801
>>Say nothing
>>
>>14827

Thinking that maybe everyone here is a loon, not just you, you say nothing.

"Huh, well.." He trails off for a second. You can tell he's new to his job. After a few seconds of awkward silence, he walks off, obviously a bit agitated.

You begin to think to yourself, jokingly.
"If that sod can join the patrol, maybe I can!" You laugh to yourself.
You are in dire need of a job though. The king's unknown war efforts had cost everyone something. Just recently, you had to sell off one of your family heirlooms. You begin to think about your father, until something dawns on you.
"I promised to visit him!" You curse to yourself, forgetting about your family. You can't even remember why you didn't visit yesterday, probably just a night drinking with some shady folk. You begin to pack up your stuff, to go out of town. Their house is farther from the city, near the outskirts of the wall, so you'll only need the bare necessities, but you can take whatever you want. Your pack is limited to five items, so you must choose wisely.
>Dagger
>Ten gold pieces (Counts as one item in your pack)
>Holy Book of Drein
>A pack of food
>Water flask
>Family Key
>Broken Ring
>Lantern
>Rabbit's Foot
>Bag of questionable/unknown valuables
>>
>>14915
>>Dagger
>>A pack of food
>>Water flask
>>Lantern
>>Rabbit's Foot
Hide the rest under a floorboard in our home.
>>
>>14915
Take the dagger, food, flask, gold, and lantern in your pack.

Stash the key, ring, and rabbit's foot in your pockets.
>>
File: tegaki.png (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
15KB, 400x400px
>>14935

You're not an idiot, and stuff the smaller items into your pockets. Going outside again, the streets are still busy, as it is currently midday. You travel down the road, and outside the gates. The outskirts of town will take only half a day, if nothing goes wrong.

Walking down the road, beging to hear loud squeaking, and can feel the ground shake. Until it starts getting unusually loud, you can see a mass of rats running down the road. Towards you. You can see their red, ravenous eyes. You need to decide fast, as every second you take the closer they get, and closer to chewing you whole.
>Run through them
>Stand your ground
>Get out of the way
>Use an item (Specify which in post)
>>
I made some mistakes in that last post, and the drawing is really bad, sorry.
That's going to be my last post for today, gonna go to bed. Will reply to the next person who posts tomorrow.
>>
>>15009
Hold the rabbit's foot tight and climb up the nearest wall.
>>
>>15023

You quickly take out the rabbit foot and squeeze it in your hand. The moss of the wall is strong, as it seems to have been there for hundreds of years. Climbing it, you watch as the mound of rats run into the city. A strange sight, but no matter. You're still alive. Shaking your head, you ponder what to do next.
>Climb up higher
>Get back down and continue
>Wait a moment
>>
>>17986
Wait a moment.
For other readers!
>>
>>17986
Continue on
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.