[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PLANET MERCENARY: The First Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: world-money-globe-planet.png (257KB, 471x339px) Image search: [Google]
world-money-globe-planet.png
257KB, 471x339px
Greetings, Sophonts of Varying Origins! This is the Planet Mercenary RPG Game Thread.
Planet Mercenary is a new d6 based RPG from Schlock Mercenary!
Players are Officers of a Mercenary Company, living, dying, and managing Mayhem, while leading their Fireteams to glory and riches, under the gentle, guiding hand of the Game Chief.
The simple system is designed for fast play and adapt to improvisation. Players can choose to go in guns blazing, sneak around, or even level an objective from orbit, just so long as you can build your Reputation and get paid (Hopefully TWICE).
Pastebin with previous thread(s), Company info, and current story:
https://pastebin.com/gt4Zm49L

Game Starts:
Saturady, 13 May,
08:00 PDT (15:00 UTC/11:00 EDT)
>>
>>1453637
So QM, apologies for this discussion that took place in your thread that sounds like it should be in /qtg/ instead.
Since the other guy bailed, if you want to take his suggestion to making another one in /tg/, you could. I'd advise against it since he's tripped nearly all of my suspicion alarms without reconciling any of them.

Otherwise, I'll try attending your session this time around, but I might be late an hour or two again because of weird timing issues like this discussion you just saw.
>>
Dear User Moderation,
>This board is for author-driven collaborative storytelling (i.e., "Quests"). In a quest there is a single author who controls the plot of the story and who drives the creative process. They can choose to take suggestions from other posters, or not, at their sole discretion. Quests can be text-based, image-based, or a combination of the two. Drawfaggotry is strongly encouraged!
The fact that I am using an RPG rule-set does not make this thread any less an author-driven collaborative story.

>User moderators are relatively new, yes. The group was formed on the official 4chan IRC, and endorsed by many of the moderators there.
Then, prior to it becoming official, the Moderator(s) should, and have not, make or add to the welcome thread, a listing the duties and responsibilities of User Moderators. Preforming this action would have taken little time and prevented the 30 odd off-topic posts in this thread.
Until that, or a notice from a Mod or Admin, please see global rule 12 and stop shitting up my thread.
Should you feel the need to identify yourself other than with the automatically assigned /qst/ ID, use a name with or without Tripcode, I don't care.
Unless or until "User Moderators/Moderation" is posted alongside notice of a rules change I will continue running RPG's, Narrative Games, and/or Quests here in /qst/.
4chan does have something similar to what you claim to be, Janitors, and should one feel the need to, they may address the issue.

Summary
Your primary arguement is that an RPG cannot be a Quest, which is patently FALSE, because it is a GAME and not "just fiction?" The fact that a Storyteller/QM uses a rules system to constrain players to the action choices the Storyteller allows has alway been part of a Quest. The fact that I'm using a codified rule set makes no difference to the fact that every Storyteller uses rules to limit actions of the participants of a Quest, codified or not.
/Summary

In any case:
This whole discussion derailed my original thoughts and now I cannot do the in-brief that I was going to post.
This individual sophont:human must now acquire thermally activated caffinated liquid solution in order to continue prolonged activity, specifically regarding query/response items and cognative reasoning of dissonant stimulus.
>>
>>1454979
>>1454918
>This whole discussion derailed my original thoughts and now I cannot do the in-brief that I was going to post.
A mastermind at his finest.

>>1454979
>This individual sophont:human must now acquire thermally activated caffinated liquid solution in order to continue prolonged activity, specifically regarding query/response items and cognative reasoning of dissonant stimulus.
Such roleplaying even when the QM's off-topic, much wow.
Little touches like this are nice to see.
>>
File: Giles Frost, hacking attempt.jpg (40KB, 640x462px) Image search: [Google]
Giles Frost, hacking attempt.jpg
40KB, 640x462px
At Long Last the Valiant Captain, Giles Frost, and his Heroic Crew return!
Tune in to catch their latest exploits!

We left off with Cpt. Frost and Lt. D'frass in orbit around Europa after having tracked a shippment of abducted kreelies to human colony of Mahuitalotu, a paradise world specializing in hospitality and tourism.
While Lt. D'frass manipulated trinary data in hopes of getting more information, Cpt. Frost makes contact with broker from his revolutionary days who is willing to put him in contact with the primary vendor of kreelies on Mahuitalotu.
>>
>>1455115
>Giles Frost, hacking attempt.jpg
Sounds about right.

Anyways, I'm here by shenanigans.
>>
File: Sefran D'frass, Engineer.jpg (160KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Sefran D'frass, Engineer.jpg
160KB, 1000x750px
>>1455124
So, how does Cpt. Frost proceed? Directly to Mahuitalotu, or are you keeping the Company around Europa for a while longer?

Also, is the LT showing up anytime soon, or have I set the game too early, do you think?
>>
>>1455146
I'm waiting for Lt. D'frass's thoughts on the matter. He was busy with sorting through the data when I left him off.

>Also, is the LT showing up anytime soon, or have I set the game too early, do you think?
You didn't specify a time for Saturday for when he should arrive, or post either a Twitter, Discord, or other news outlet for information, so he might've missed it.

>>1455115
So how are we going to decide to slot in new players that want to join, keep them on reserve and make their characters on the side?
>>
File: Giles Frost, Managing Mayhem.png (689KB, 920x388px) Image search: [Google]
Giles Frost, Managing Mayhem.png
689KB, 920x388px
>>1455150
>So how are we going to decide to slot in new players that want to join, keep them on reserve and make their characters on the side?
They're just chilling on the ship, recent commisions, or dudes you con into joining during a Job.
>>
>>1455172
These all sound like things Cpt. Frost could've done, I approve of this.
>>
>>1455172
How do i make my character?
>>
File: Character Creation.pdf (881KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Character Creation.pdf
881KB, 1x1px
>>1455204
Start with a Command Package, Background, and Sophont Type
Gain 5 additional ranks in Dodge
Spend 40 points on skills (and specialties, which are 2 points each), new characters are capped at 9 skill ranks during character creation.

PDF has most everything you need, except starting gear (most of which the Company can't afford to outfit you with).
You will start with a Molly Polly Knife (a monomolecular blade) and a Pistol.
The ship the Company owns has a Mil-spec Ship's locker, that among other things, has a simple Carbine, should you prefer long arms to pistols.
>>
>>1455204
>>1455233
>PDF has most everything you need, except starting gear (most of which the Company can't afford to outfit you with).
Sorry, bud. We didn't think anyone else would want to join us before we rescue some children from child abductors.
>>1455233
>The ship the Company owns has a Mil-spec Ship's locker, that among other things, has a simple Carbine, should you prefer long arms to pistols.
It's a pretty neat purchase we bought along with our ship, combo deal.
>>
>>1455239
I was thinking of taking doctor or quartermaster. I would take any role you guys need though.
>>
File: Favorite Scenario.jpg (108KB, 780x225px) Image search: [Google]
Favorite Scenario.jpg
108KB, 780x225px
>>1455263
Have fun with it, because while it's not expected to be murder-mania on characters, death can and will happen on very short notice. Dying is part of the game (hopefully on the NPC's part, but characters have VERY low health values), it's why making a character is pretty fast.
And you conveniently have all those spare bodies walking around with you, just WAITING to have a story told and pick up the, albit bloody, mantle of PC.
And medical tech in the 31st century is pretty good, so long as you aren't turned into chunky-salsa (taking damage => 2x health), and someone can cryo or nannie bag you fast enough (3 rounds of actions/combat).

If you aren't familiar with the source material it's here:
http://www.schlockmercenary.com/
>>
>>1455263
Either of them are actually roles we need, not enough hands to go around.
Primarily the Doctor since Lt. D'frass opted for a jack-of-trades Engineer + Quartermaster + Soldier hybrid. Plus everyone's actually all a bunch of glass cannons, by default.

>>1453637
>>1455233
Where's the character sheet pastebin? It's unlisted.
>>
File: Paranoia pays.jpg (122KB, 780x225px) Image search: [Google]
Paranoia pays.jpg
122KB, 780x225px
>>1455303
Sorry about that:

https://pastebin.com/L1M5pJTi
>>
Bueller?
>>
>>1455570
>>1455263
Guess the anon had to leave early.

>>1454979
Also the post containing any misinformation that your quest was breaking any policies has had its status confirmed.
>>
>>1455847
>Also the post containing any misinformation that your quest was breaking any policies has had its status confirmed.
Wait, wut? That's a hash of a sentence. The post was confirmed as MISinformation? or confirmed as correct?
>>
>>1455890
Anon was just trolling. There's nothing to concern oneself with.
>>
>>1453637
>>1455890
>>1455936
Basically, yeah. Take a look for yourself.

I knew that sentence sounded odd, but I went to do something else before correcting it.
>>
>>1455946
Ah...yeah it got removed. I hid that whole discussion chain, so didn't notice.

Lt. D'frass here?

In any case, anyone else want to hop in, make a character, or shall we get to negotiating TAD access to Mahuitalotu?
>>
>>1455974
>I hid that whole discussion chain, so didn't notice.
Healthy, but I normally don't because I want to confirm their legitimacy.
>>1455936
Thanks for the support earlier.

>>1455974
>Lt. D'frass here?
Nope. He dropped out before the end of the last session so I guess something came up.
It's a shame the old thread isn't around for you to link it to this.
>>
>>1455997
It's archived on suptg the link is in the first pastebin.
>>
>>1456137
So...next Saturday then?
>>
>>1456599
Yeah, that works. I was waiting to see if anyone else wanted to join. If you want we could try starting tomorrow and hash out all the background stuff regarding the mission so the next thread has some summaries to work with.
>>
>>1456137
I meant a direct link from the old thread to the new thread, for users with notifications.

>>1456599
In the event you aren't dead, did you remember to advertise when you're running on /qtg/?
>>
>>1479798
Yeah, sorry about that. Family stuff came up and kept me from getting to a computer.
I should be good for next weekend, unless something comes up at work. I'll post a notice in qtg in any case.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.