[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G is for Graver, the arm of Justice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: machetearsenal.png (276KB, 459x477px) Image search: [Google]
machetearsenal.png
276KB, 459x477px
You are a proud member of the GRAVERS, the City's Justice. Lawbreakers cower at the sound of your footsteps. Ne'er-do-wells shudder at the thought of your blood-red blade.

Or they will, soon enough. You've recently passed Graver training, and earned your very own WAR MACHETE. A Graver just isn't a Graver without one. It's a Graver's signature weapon, and a symbol of their swift and severe justice. It rests proudly at your hip, ready for action on a moment's notice. But right now, you're stand in the middle of the Graver Mess Hall.

You are a young Caelondian
>Man
>Woman

And your name is
>Write In
Cael men have names like Rondy, Hollis, Percy, Gorley, Max,
Cael women have names like Iryse, Vinda, Maude, Nacie

It's a Bastion quest. Let's see how bad I am at writing and formatting.

You're standing around like a dope right now, but you could be doing one of a few things.
>Preparing and looking after graves were the Gravers' original duties. You could be tending to the Graveyard around the back.
>Graver Machetes are some of the sharpest in the city. They cut through a squirt's hide like meesebutter. You could be sharpening your weapon at the forge.
>Gravers are expected to keep their skills as sharp as their blades. You could be practicing your knifework in the training room.
>>
>>145356
>Man
>Hollis
>Preparing and looking after graves were the Gravers' original duties. You could be tending to the Graveyard around the back.
>>
>>145403
+1
>>
>>145356
>Man
>Max
>sharpen the tool of our work
>>
>>145429
This
>>
Woman
>>
ded
e
d
>>
File: gravers_yard.jpg (5MB, 2698x1980px) Image search: [Google]
gravers_yard.jpg
5MB, 2698x1980px
>>147484
S h i t Q M
h
i
t
Q
M

You are Hollis, a young Cael man.
The Gravers were originally a guild of undertakers; manhunting wasn't exactly part of the job description. They've since expanded their profession a bit, but a healthy respect for death is core to the Graver philosophy. They make sure to pound it into every new recruit, in part by having them carry out these first undertaking duties.

You walk a winding path through the Graveyard, inspecting the graves and pulling the occasional weedling before they can take root. The tombstones are inscribed with their names and dates. You know most of them are slain criminals; the Gravers take responsibility for their burial. The rest are Gravers, either passed peacefully or slain on the job. Aside from the names of a few famous Gravers you recognize, you have no way of knowing which are which.

As you're polishing off the urns in the columbarium, you startle as a hand suddenly clasps you from behind.

"You're too jumpy, Hollis. A good Graver needs better ears than that." chides Runo, a well-traveled and seasoned Graver. "Captain has a job for you. Come."
>>
>>153055
I'm the flakiest flake that ever flaked.

You follow Runo to the Captain's office. One wall is simply a massive shelf packed tightly with books and bound papers. On the far wall, behind the Captain's desk, are what you recognize as Graver heirlooms. War Machetes and Graver uniforms, worn by Graver legends. Gifts, given in gratitude by those for whom justice was done. You also notice a handful of thin but uniquely bound books. On the third wall is a bulletin board with pinned notes, alongside a map of the City.

The Captain looks up as you two enter. "Found him, Captain, with the urns." says Runo.
"Is that so? It's good to hear you're spending some time looking after the graves. Some young Gravers forget about that. But forget that, I've got a good mark for you to cut your teeth on."

He hands you a sketch of a young man with loose, wild hair and a bent nose, as he stands up.

"Jasper Bortson, a mostly harmless petty thief. The Marshals have been chasing him on-and-off for all kinds of things. Stealing produce from the market, trying to pass off rotten swampwater as booze. Stuff for the Marshals to deal with. But he's been on a singular stealing spree lately. Mostly going after fancy things, especially tradestuffs," he says, pointing over to the trading ports and depot along the sea-side coast to the west.

"He's also been spotted going in and out of Prosper Bluff," pointing to a cliffside outside the City's walls. His face grows grim as he continues. "We think he's planning to defect to the Ura, trading goods and secrets for privilege. That's a liability the City cannot tolerate. At worst, this could incite new Ura aggression, if they think they have the upper hand on us."

The Captain's face lightens up. "On that note, you should probably get started. It's up to you how you want to stop him, but to start, you could either try to find Bortson's hideout, or you could just wait and ambush him at Prosper Bluff.

>What'll it be?
>>
Finally, a quest I don't need to check for days :^)

I'll just reply to the posts when they turn up.

>>153058
>"Do we have any leads? Pubs he drinks at, maybe? Anyone with a grudge against him who might inform?"
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.