[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Quest - Volume 4: Edition edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 1

File: bleh.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bleh.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
In this quest, Demons walk the earth and ravage the land as they see fit. Well, not really since many of the races banded together to seal them away into the abbyss. That being said, many cults and evil doers still roam the land in want of returning their dark masters to the material plane. The players assume the role of a adventurer in these dark times. Seeking fame and fortune. Or just the next job for lunch money.
>Last volume:
>>1421807
>For newcomers
Simply type your character's name, gender, and race and yee shall spawn into the Dark world. Which is the name of the region you shall be inhabiting for the most of your adventures.
>What's new:
You can roll dice (dice+(d20/d8/d10 but mainly d20)) at anytime for any action. A good roll can have a unique outcome but so can a bad one.
Dubs means you add 10 to your dice roll.
Trips mean a critical. Although in combat the doesn't mean more damage.
>>
>>1451587

>>1449586
The four other men nod and raise their mugs towards Triggerius before guzzling it down.
Howard speaks up: "Alright guys, we'll head off in a couple moments, prepare what you can."
>>1449703
The whiskey tastes slightly bitter, but not unpleasent, with a creamy aftertaste. Monty gulps it down in no time at all.
>>1449731
"I see," Franken Gurgrich blows smoke rings into the air before adressing Zaravan: "now, um, what god do you follow exactly?"
>>1450067
Maleth does that. I guess. Nothing really happens.
>>1450526
"Seems like you're not from around here." The dwarf explains to Jacob: "Enlinfield is just past my store, it one of the continuations of the old road the three being Gurgrich manor, Lemurstone, and Enlinfield. The city itself is a trade port, so it's really the best place for any career in commerence."
>>
>>1451631

"That's not Important." Zaravan bluntly replies. "Only that I complete my Sacred Mission. That my Purifying light strike down evil."

He stares upward, toward that shadow-enshrouded ceiling. After a moment, he asks;

"I can feel that old, ancient Evil, it seeps into the very air. What is here, Lord Gurgrich? What am I to Purify these old halls of?"
>>
>>1451631
Alistair runs up to his fellow adventurers and ask them of their travels.
>>
>>1451631
Monty placed the empty cup upside down on the bar before seating himself on one of the parlor's lavish arm chairs.
>>
>>1451631
I guess triggerius waits ?
>>
>>1455007
Actually she mentally prepares
>>
I sense the smell of a dedicated shitposter. The balance of the universe is at stake.
Thy Antichrist has cometh.

>Name: A-15
>Gender: Male(?)
>Race: Forge Demon
>>
>>1452266
"Well, if you must know, it is the stench of my ancestry. They were corrupt you see. They believed that they could achieved Immortality, but of course, they failed. Now I am left, ruined."
He pauses stroking his chin.
"I would like to meet each of you before I discuss the exact mission I am sending you on. So if you will fetch your friend Monty I would be grateful, I wish to discuss something with him."
>>1452911
Allistair finds his companions in the parlor.
>>1453407
Monty seats himself, it is rather soft and comfortable, much unlike the wooden chairs of the inn back in fillaircontant.
>>1454923
>>1454925
>>1455026
>>1455052
>>1455391
>>1455409
Andrew please
Tyrone awakens as if it was any other day, in his bedroom. The rather polished birch walls makes it easy for his eyes to adjust to the dawnlight.
>>1455007
After a couple moments the men plan out their hunt and nod at Triggerius to follow as they head out of the inn and into the forest.
The forest itself is quite thick, even on the outskirts of town, let alone hours into the entaglement itself. Howard signals with his hand as everyone ducks down into the bushes.
"We're close."
>>1455223
A-15, otherwise known as Fag'ar'gulgal'Or'Tul, otherwise known as the vice assitant weapon maker for the horseman of war, had been called to S-32C's, otherwise known as Ma'An'Deresh, otherwise known as assitant director of death through blunt trauma's office.
Sitting in a room of chorme, all by himself, A-15 awaits his number to enter the office.
His current number is 45 but they're are currently serving number 128.
No one else is in the room, there are two doors, one labeled "S-32C"
>>
>>1455517
How will you do that exactly?
>>
>>1455505
"..."
A-15 stands up, cricking his neck and opening the door to S-32C's office. He then points to number 128.
"You. Out."
>>
>>1455505
Zaravan wordlessly nods and makes to step out of the study to inform Monty.

I CURSE THEE SHITPOSTERS TO BE EATEN BY A SHAMBLER. GOOD DAY SIRS!
>>
>>1455505
Monty got up from his seat walked into Gurgrich's study.

"Mr. Gurgrich a pleasure to meet you."
>>
>>1451587
Anyways, interesting quest so far QM. If you need any help feel free to ask some stuff on /qtg/ or your questers. Sorry you had to see that.
>>
>>1455701
It's fine, thank you so much for your help.
>>1455521
A-15 struts right into the room he finds that only S-32C is there, standing over a large globe.
"Ah yes, A-154739.302CUTAH-"
He cuts himself off.
"Right, ahem, sorry," The twin headed creature speaks to itself "Pardon the machine outside, need to get one of the dretches to see to it. Please, please come in, come in yes. Let me be the first to congradulte you on your new promotion!"
>>1455650
Zaravan gets Monty and is now standing in the parlor. He spots on of the Brownie's trying to clean the seat and glass with rag, having more trouble with the seat than the glass.
>>1455667
"And it's a pleasure to meet you!" Franken shakes Monty's hand eagerly. He pauses for a moment. "Have we met before?"
>>
>>1455724
>It's fine, thank you so much for your help.
Great. Well, this is some of the faster responses that's been around.

After your session is over, could you report on how your... friends are doing? I'd hate for them to bear any ill will towards what happened here.
>>
>>1455724
"No we have not." Monty smiled warmly as he lied to Mr.Gurgrich. He had met him a long time ago during his youth during a ball in the De michelle estate owned by the michelles before Monty's family, the Michelles, were brutally murdered.
>>
Owain spaces out for however long it's been, thinking about religion and crusades and stuff probably.

Did I miss something?
It seems like I missed something.
I was too busy to check in for a few days.
>>
>>1455774
[spoilers] Niggers [/spoilers]
>>
>>1455774
There was a raid that was removed after it was discussed with the QM. Nearly everything directly related to those events has been removed for the viewers' health.
>>1455650
Bonedeth's sentiments sums it up nicely.
>>
>>1455784
>>1455796
Huh. Well, alright. Thanks for filling me in.
>>1455650
Owain approaches Zaravan and asks him what he and Gurgrich talked about, and what the man was like.
>>
>>1451631
Jacob nods in acknowledgement. "I see. Is there anything else I might need to know of the place before I leave for it?"
>>
>>1455724
"...Promotion?"
A-15 puts his hands on the desk. All he wants to do is get back to work, really.
"Could we maybe get to the details?"
>>
>>1455813

Zaravan turns to Owain, and replies;
"The Lord Gurgrich wishes to meet us each individually. And it seems that his ancestors have committed great sins, which now pervade these once great halls, and now he has had the burden of cleansing this estate thrust onto his shoulders."

>>1455724

Zaravan considers the conversation with Owain over, and steps over to the Brownie attempting to clean the stubborn seat. He does not speak until very close, rather bluntly asking;

"Do you require aid, servant?"

He then proceeds to aid the Brownie, regardless of how they respond.
>>
>>1455724
Triggerius unseathes her sword her eyes focused right in front of her, she is determined to not let anything hurt her party.
>>
>>1459367

Sir, i think you may be having a stroke,
please seek medical help.
>>
QM ANOTHER SHITPOSTER DOOO SOMETHIIING
>>
>>1459496
Just report the posts, it's our best bet.
>>
>>1455738
I don't know who you're talking about or how I would contact you but sure.
>>1455752
"Alright, just thought I heard the nickname 'Monty' from somewhere." Mr. Gurgrich pauses for a short moment. "I assume you've recieved my letter."
>>1455876
The Brownie just stares at Zaravan, unresponsive to his aid. It is quite possible she simply can't understand him.
>>1455844
"Well," The dwarf returns to stroke his beard. "Although it's a very commercial oriented city, it's also been known for it's many gangs. I don't know much about them specifically, only that they're all out there for gold and blood. If you catch my meaning that is."
>>1455852
S-32 spaces out before resonding.
"Well, whenever a human or mortal wishes to summon a demon. That human must create a demonic rift, whenever such a thing comes up we instantly promote some su- I mean- excellent worker to go through the demon rift to aid and/or destroy the foolish mortal who thinks he can control outside forces. So congradulations."
>>1458997
Triggerius watches as the hunters spread out, before her she sees a group of wolves feasting on the carcass of a male elk. After a few moments the hunters launch the attack and slay the wolves in seconds. But, just as they're about to skin the wolves. Triggerius hears the footsteps of something large right behind her.
>>
>>1459862
"Ey something is coming, care"
Triggerius shouted and immediately turned around, with her sword ready to slash through anything that might try to hurt her party.
>>
>>1459862
Maleth is just trying to figure out what is going on, as suddenly everything went wrong around him.

"Anyone have a drink that isn't in the furniture?"
>>
>>1459862

Zaravan finishes up his help, then stands, offers the servant a small nod, and walks away without a word.
>>
>>1459862
Jacob nods. "With luck, it won't be worse than what I've seen before; every place has its own share of issues. In any case, I'll be sure to watch my back once I'm there. Thank you for all your help." Bidding a courteous farewell to the dwarf, he makes to leave the shop.
>>
>>1459862
"At my age? Well, fair enough. I suppose when a blade needs sharpened, I can't discriminate."
Prepare for the summon(?).
>>
>>1459862
Wake up and smell the sunshine.
"Goodmorning!"
>>
>>1459862
"Yes, but I may have lost it when I fought a beast in the village I passed by on my way here. " Monty discreetly checked his pockets for a letter.
>>
>>1452911
Owain tries to pass the time by talking to Alistair, since he's the newest addition and he's pretty curious about the guy.

"So Alistair, have you picked up any riveting tales during your travels?"
>>
>>1459931
Triggerius turns around just in time to slash at the boar-man-pig charging at her, but the boar body slams her dodging the blade sending her flying!
>Two arrows fly into the beast having screech at the top of its lungs!
>>1460038
Maleth... is doing that.
>>1460150
The Brownie give Zaravan a confused look then goes back to it's duties.
>>1461589
"Ah, I see," Franken speaks, "it's normal for people to be attacked on the old road. Say, you don't have a brother do you? I swear, we have in fact met before."
>>1464920
Alistar... just... doesn't respond.
>>1460567
Jacob leaves the shop, it's still about midday he can probably make it to Enlinfield by tomorrow morning if he starts now.
>>1460839
S-32 twitches nervously,
"Hm, yes, right then, prepare for summon!"
After a few moments A-15 is transported onto the floor of an ampitheatre, robed humans dot the stands as A-15 towers over them. He looks down to find that he's standing on a ring of- cold iron... aw shit.
>>
>>1466547
Look around.
>>
>>1466547

Zaravan sits right where he is, gently places his Axe in front of him, and begins to mutter words of 'Purity' while running his hands over it, at the same time checking for any chips or other wear and tear in the Axe he has deemed his Holy Instrument.

One can only pick up a few words of his offputting ramblings if they strain to listen.

"From therein, there will be no more darkness...and hence nothing remains, except for our regrets...for the Holy Mission...of the Kingdom of Light..."
>>
>>1466663
>>1466678
Please ignore this man, he simply wants to derail the thread if it wasn't obvious.
>>
>>1466686
QM when is updoot
>>
>>1466711
I do it on a daily basis save for weekends, so most likely tomorrow.
>>
>>1466547
Trggerius stands up and she shouts trying to get the beasts attention
>>
>>1466547
Despite some misgivings about traveling this area alone after nightfall, Jacob departs nonetheless, resolving to keep an eye out as best he can.
>>
>>1466547
"Sadly no I have no sibling nor have we met before. Though I have been told I looked like a notable writer, perhaps you have met him?" Monty answered in a curt tone despite the fact he would be above Mr.Gurgrich in the societal hierarchy if he was still a noble.
>>
De'Moine begins to direct glares at any brownie who comes too close to him. He pulls out a long splinter of bone from his pocket, and begins to pick his teeth
>>
>>1466649
Zaravan does that.
>>1468930
"Hm, sadly no. I rarely go out these days." Mr. Gurgrich sighs. "Anywho, if you would get your friend De'Moine to see me please, that would be splendid."
>>1467524
Triggerius shouts at the Boarman, but attracts the attention of another she was not expecting!
"What are you doing!?" Howard shouts at Triggerius, "We're trying to hunt quietly not attract a whole herd!"
Howard looses another arrow at the first Boarman, striking it in between the eyes, felling it.
>>1467605
Jacob begins his journey to Enlinfield. Despite the overcast of clouds and fog Jacob easily follows the path nonetheless. Hearing decades old leaves crunch under his feet.
>>
>>1470147
Name: Ruben Sandwich
Biological Sex: Male
Race: White Human
>>
>>1470147
If it is not dead allready Triggerius attacks the fallen boar, if it is dead she attacks the new one.
>>
>>1470147
If it is not dead allready Triggerius attacks the fallen boar, if it is dead she attacks the new one.
>>
>>1470752
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>1471998
Sorry i tried to roll dice and i failed miserably
>>
>>1470147

Zaravan makes a quick check of his equipment, and attempts to maintain his weapons for a temporary edge.
>>
>>1466547
Monty exits the room and calls for De'Moine once he comes into the parlor
>>
Owain continues to wait for a reply from Allistair. He's a very patient guy.
>>
>>1470147
Maleth justs wants to do something, so he decides to look around the manor's grounds.
"May I leave, since it seems that my buddy here is taking care o' the talkin'?"
>>
>>1472575
>>1472599

De'Moine tosses his axe to Sir Owain. "Look after this, I don't think it'll help my impression." He then ducks down to fit his horns through the door and enters the office.
>>
>>1473054
>>1470147
Forgot to link to you
>>
>>1473054
Before De'Moine could leave he grabbed him by arm and stopped him at the parlor "Whoa there."

"Chin up, hands behind your arm, chest puffed up. Talk in a soft spoken manner and don't yell, Gentle..men do not raise their voice when speaking to another gentleman." He then let go of De'Moine and let him enter the office
>>
>>1473555
De'Moine immediately dips his chin low, slouches, and hangs his arms loosely by his sides, before making a face of utter savagery. He then straightens up and grins. "Relax Monty, I can play the part."
>>
>>1473574
"Then play it well." Monty pats him on the back and takes a seat next to Owain
>>
>>1473574
>>1473965

"Huh? B-woah!"
Owain catches the axe rather awkwardly, struggling for a second to not give in to the axe's weight. (I'm guessing De'Moine has a huge axe since minotaurs tend to be pretty damn huge themselves.)
"Phew.. Do not worry my friend, you will do fine in there!"
Owain gives him a reassuring thumbs up, before turning to Monty. "Quite the sophisticated side you have there. It took my by surprise, I must admit! Haha!"
>>
>>1470183
Ruben awakens in an inn... somewhere... he doesn't remember...
>>1470752
>>1470912
>>1471998
>>1472045
Triggerius attacks the still alive boar! But clumsily misses as the boar knocks her about!
>Howard misses his arrows and motions to triggerius. "Everyone else fled make your way over here!" he shouts pointing to the entrance of a cave. "We can lead them into a trap!"
>>1472475
>>1472575
>>1472599
>>1473046
>>1473054
The party waits in the parlor as De'Moine enters the office.
>>1473055
>>1473555
>>1473574
>>1473965
>>1474012
"You know," the man stand by the desk begins "it's very rare for Minotaurs to leave their lairs. Let alone save a human village. Tell me, why? Is it a sense of duty? Or is there something else you have in mind?"
>>
>>1474012
"Hmm, well this isn't my first time in high society." Monty said wistfully as he reminisced about his time before poverty.
>>
>>1474673
Leave the inn and find something to do.
>>
>>1474673
"Well its not a sense of duty. I'd say more a sense of opportunism when it fell into my lap. There are two things that I really enjoy, one of which is fighting and the other of which is eating and drinking new things. And the second of those requires gold and so why not make the first acquire it for me. And banditry takes so much effort for so little pay-off." De'Moine clears his throat before continuing. "So when I... came across your letter in the forest I decided to see what could be done. After all, if the boarman our group met in the small village was anything to go by, if I had stayed in my lair, I'd be fighting them anyway..."
>>
>>1474673
Triggerius follows howards instrucions and runs in to the cave
>>
>>1475619
"Most interesting," Fraken strokes his chin "I can tell already, you're a man I can rely on. Very well. If you could bring the rest of the party in here. I think it's about time I tell them why I brang them here."
>>1474991
Monty does that.
>>1475670
Triggerius runs into the cave dodging a blow from the Boarman who follows her inside.
Triggerius watches as soon as the Boarman enters the cave, a mass of arrows fire towards it's position, turning the beast into a pincushion. With Haste Howard approaches Triggerius,
"Good news and bad news, good news, we can kill these things, bad news, a few of our men are severly wounded."
He leads Triggerius to the other men.
"So, we have two options, either we make a mad dash altogether. In which if we time it right means we can all make it out okay. Or, if you can provide a distraction we can- oh shit! You're bleeding, here lemme patch you up."
Howard takes a few bandages and fixes Triggerius' wounds.
>>1475158
Ruben exits the inn and looks for something to do, he sees two groups of hunters arguing not far from his position. He also sees a little humanoid creature carrying an umbrela talking to an old man behind the shop.
>>
>>1477200
De'Moine Steps outside and picks up his axe from Owain.
"He wants to talk to all of us. Apparently we're going to find out why we are here."
He then turns and heads back inside.
>>
>>1477200
Head over to the hunters and look at my hands, realize I'm not a sandwich anymore and scream.
"E GATS! WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS MAD WORLD!?"
>>
>>1477307
"I see, let us get to it then!"
Owain enters the room, never having gotten the chance to ask about Monty's curious past.
>>
>>1477200

Zaravan gathers his Holy equipment, and makes for the Study.

He does not bother to speak.
>>
>>1477540
Monty enters the room in the same gentlemanly way he did before.
>>
>>1477200
"If you want to risk it i can do it but it might be better if we go now and then come back when we will better prepared"
Triggerius said with a determined look on her face
>>
>>1451587
I would like to play as a sage or warlock gnome, basically fun spirited guy too lackadaisical. He gets in trouble and makes pact with deity to keep going and now obeys the deity by pact but has a playful atmosphere about him still and is actually quite civil, taking pride in loyalty

Flynn
Male
Gnome
>>
>>1481637
So... a witch?
>>
>>1477307
>>1477540
>>1477556
>>1477692
The rest of De'Moine's party enters the study. Mr. Gurgrich stands from his desk nodding hello.
"Good, right, let me get straight down to buisness."
He turns away from the group.
"My Ancestors have always been obsessed with Immortality. Many of the wrongs that have befallen my family are because of them. Earlier in my line my family employed Cyclop mystics to contact a dark god who may prolong their life. As the Cyclops began to die out and said dark god never appeared. My Family ceased support of the Cyclop mystics and they died out; until now."
He turns back to De'Moine and the others.
"A Cyclops Oracle by the name of Orengela has taken residence in a cave nearby the village and has begun to command a platoon of kobolds to her side. Normally this isn't urgent but I have received word that she has begun to contact the dark god my ancestors sought many years ago. As likely of a shill as it is. If this Oracle is in fact begining to contact said god I require you to stop her. By any means necessary. Do you understand?"
>>1477355
The hunters just stare at Ruben as he screams.
"What?"
>>1478649
Howard tilts his head a bit.
"So are you suggesting that we move together or are you suggesting a new plan?"
>>1481637
Flynn makes his way along an old road. His deity had contacted him to come here. But the purpose is vauge and unclear. As most gods do. That being said, very few gods talk period.
>>
>>1481944
De'moine grunts. "Find the witch kill the witch, squash some Kobolds. Seems easy enough. Anything more precise about where she is? You said its a cave, but is it a cave network, a pile of stones in the woods, what?"
>>
>>1481944
"I was a sandwich! A ruben sandwich... b-but now I'm... I'm one of youuuuu!" Try to pass my san check.
>>
>>1482007
This is mine.
>>
>>1481944

Zaravan holds his axe across his chest, gripping it tightly, he says; "It shall be done. Point the way to the corrupted one, and we shall Purify the Cave of evil."
>>
>>1481927
That would work, depending on lore. thanks

>>1481944
Flynn makes his way along the road and keeps a watchful eye on the surroundings, knowing there must be some reason for being here, even if it were to die on some arbitrary cosmic behalf, and Flynn is not sure he would accept that fate easily. Though Flynn is not sure he would have choice.
While waiting for SOMETHING to unfold Flynn takes deep meditative breaths and attempts to unlock the secrets to whatever message he received from the gods.

Do I have some wiTchY concoction I can sneak sips of to help the time pass a little faster... if ya kno what I mean?
>>
>>1481944
"hmmm Interesting. I understand" Monty stroked his chin.
>>
>>1481944
"So.. Slay a heretical oracle and stop it from abusing dark otherworldly powers? Why, this happens to be my specialty! Haha! I jest, I jest. But really, this is what I am used to, more or less."

Owain thinks for a moment, before speaking up again.
"Do you have any other information about this oracle that may be important? I would like to know if it can shoot lightning bolts from its eyes, or something of the sort. I accepted a request once to slay an evil beast, but the man who requested my help had forgotten to mention something similar and let me tell you, it was not a pleasant surprise, haha! I would like to avoid a similar experience, if possible."
>>
>>1481944
Can you please describe to me the cave ?
>>
>>1488019
I'll tell you know because I doubt I'm going to be able to update til wenesday

The Cave itself doesn't go very deep, there's only the entrance and a small area off to the side.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.