[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 306
Thread images: 46

File: 1493653343494.png (25KB, 250x245px) Image search: [Google]
1493653343494.png
25KB, 250x245px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads.
It also used to be a place to share advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's.

Please do (not) shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means you, as you can't be anything else since you are posting in this thread.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities. It should also say to stay away from /qst/ but doesn't for some reason.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal. Enjoy being cyberstalked!

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics, and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anima)
>slightly related to quests
>barely related to quests
>enjoys politics
>enjoys Larro quests and anime
No comment needed.

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense) ----> Most Nonindicative Sentence Ever Award:
https://discord.gg/pXfcXZJ

http://qst.wikia.com
This abortion of a wiki gives brief summations of quests and QMs as well as quest culture in general. Additions are encouraged.

Archive of quest reviews (if you find a review that is not on the list, please link it in the thread):
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Question
What parts of your quest do you enjoy writing the most? Why?

>Player Question
Who are your favorite quest characters? Why?
>>
I have this terribleidea, about making an MC as a newly-formed magic item that guides an NPC around, but I'm afraid it'll end up like that psuedo-smut quest with the orb and the wizard school.

Not BFQ, but the other one, with the Ceerr.

Should I go ahead?
>>
So, I follow Raven's Overwatch Quest. With all the salt surrounding a situation where the players' poor decisions led to a situation going south for the protagonist, and a general lack of communication on both sides resulting in a lot of salt, I was heavily reminded of Cosgrove's Parker Quest, where a similar situation arose after there'd been some miscommunication regarding a situation where the players made a choice, and things hadn't turned out the way they were expecting. Long of all stories short, Parker Quest basically died until it didn't, but I don't know if Overwatch Quest will meet the same fate... or end up just dying, or what.

I'm kinda scared, to be honest.
>>
>>1450013
there was a short-lived quest about the Machine-spirit of a dead space marine's equipment like that.

that one fell apart when the QM realized that that the MC would get PURGED as an untrustable abberation

>>1450022
I was looking at getting in on that quest.
any good incidents?
>>
>>1450022
Nobody really thought twice about the actions they voted for that won, and it showed when the obvious result happened. Suddenly, everyone was up in arms, but to anyone watching from the sidelines, they didn't say anything until it happener and they tried defending the choice.

Either side was at fault, and it isn't a massive issue as they make it out to be.

Seeker will need medical attention and so will Tracer. This time, though, the enemy has Tracer-killing tech.

Parker quest I've heard things about, but I've never read up on it.
>>
What fun quest idea do you want to play in or run but can't for whatever reasons?
>>
File: bloodbrew.pdf (545KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
bloodbrew.pdf
545KB, 1x1px
>>1450108
SCP Field Agent quest
>hunting down the abnormal with little to no support
>fighting agents of other groups till the MTF guys get there
>debriefing scientists
>being convincingly normal while going about foundation business

or running my Bloodbourne inspired middle-fantasy comic horror setting
>surviving monsters
>discovering secrets of a lost land
>meeting fellow wanderersand watching them die
>dealing with war torn NOT!Europe on your way home etc. etc.

I'll probably run neither of them, I'm too worried I'll flake out, miss too many sessions, or that I'll do bad writing and they'll suck.
>is this dread me or does everyone feel it?
>>
>>1450215
>comic
Cosmic horror***
>>
File: gcpd_poster.jpg (111KB, 499x651px) Image search: [Google]
gcpd_poster.jpg
111KB, 499x651px
>>1450108
the MC is a police detective in Gotham

but anons can't solve mystery by committee and I'm a bit shit at mysteries
>>
>QM Question

I like writing big fat pieces of lore, pertaining to the setting's history, culture, bizarre natural occurrences, flora and fauna, and other such things. Not that anybody seems to find it interesting or care. Which likely shows exactly how interesting it is to read.

I also like writing incredibly stilted character interactions but those usually require a response so investment in that is often required. I've seen some real good write ins for dialogue.
>>
>>1450352
if the lore matters to the quest the players may search through it.
SUMMARIZE it at the end of the lore-chunks. include situations that make use of "common lore knowledge". NPCs treat the player like an idiot for not knowing stuff.

>stilted character interactions
not everyone interacts that way.

if you use that most frequently then using some other diction might key in the players subconsciously that something is different.

try for unstilited speech out of an NPC even if the PC still talks that way.
>>
Been about a year since I participated in questing. Is the expected player count for a new, decemt quest like 5 people on average? Seems so low than before.
>>
>>1450504
thats in part due to /qst/ being apart from /tg/ I think...
>>
File: Let me heen.jpg (29KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Let me heen.jpg
29KB, 620x349px
How well would a SMT quest be received?
>>
>>1450520
I don't know, man, maybe you could check the archives and see how people received all the previous SMT quests.
>>
>>1450520
I would be interested
>>
>>1450520
What is it about SMT that attracts so many QMs?
>>
>>1450528
It's a wide setting with vague lore and a consistent, easy to replicate tone with plenty of tropes and archetypes to follow.
>>
>>1450524
I'm not a regular here, just asking to get a feel. Shin Megami Tensei is a very flexible setting.

>>1450525
That's encouraging. Don't count on it happening soon because I need serious planning, I just want to know where to bring it.

>>1450528
I can only speak for myself, but I've been a fan of it for a solid decade, it's a creative setting that can accommodate all kinds of stories, from post-apocalyptic like the regular line to parallel world adventures like you'd find in Persona, then Devil Survivor bringing demons to murder people with only a few days to save mankind.

It's a good sandbox to play in.
>>
Is this board as dead as I hear?
Threads getting deleted after three days sounds questionable to me.
>>
>>1450575
not deleted, just auto-saged.

unless they changed the rules since I left it the first time.
>>
>>1450577
Doesn't answer my first question.
>>
>>1450575
There are 7 threads that are over 10 days old right now.
Threads no longer get bumped after 3 days.
>>
>>1450578
I got no answer for you.

I'm lurking here waiting for Jim Mac to get back
or crusty jones, or Languid
>>
File: ded bord.png (76KB, 523x228px) Image search: [Google]
ded bord.png
76KB, 523x228px
>>1450578
/qst/ is relatively slow but THIS is what a ded board looks like.
>>
>>1450580
No idea who those folks are.
>>1450581
Fair point.
Curious, why didn't more people interested in quests come here when they were officially banned from /tg/? Nobody's so fat that they can't just move a mouse to the corner and click on this board, so why the reluctance to even attempt to make the jump?

Just trying to understand why it's so slow here.
>>
File: this is good isnt it.jpg (27KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
this is good isnt it.jpg
27KB, 720x405px
>>1450582
I'm guessing that even when there was a general divide between quest people and those who wanted to discuss tabletop games, the latter people would join a quest if it look interesting. So while those people might ignore 90% of quests and generally not care for it, if say a quest about Mafias came up and that was their thing, they would give it a shot.

Basically with the popularity of video games and the decrease of interest in the old paper/writing style, I don't think people are interested in coming over this board. There would have to be lots of advertisement for them to jump board.
>>
>>1450582
in /tg/ the quests were exposed to fresh people who had an interest in Role-Play and came to /tg/ to discuss it.

new faces in the audience every day means new players joining in more frequently. now you have to know that /qst/ exists AND be curious enough to come here before you even begin to see quests and so many of the quests here are dauntingly long, or imply(or sometimes require) knowledge about a given topic or written fictional universe.

for example...
>>1450528
>What is it about SMT that attracts so many QMs?
before yesterday I had never heard of SMT. means I have no incentive to play any of those.

>those folks
they run the quests I like
Capes of Rain City
Homeless Mutant Quest
and HellBourne quest
respectively

and QMs can't even advertise on /tg/ directly so there is no influx of new players.

there are probably other reasons too.
>>
>>1450584
I see. That makes sense.
This is depressing, because I tried to start a quest very briefly twice, and while the one on /tg/ had to be cut short because of real life shit it was also extremely engaging due to all these opinions and players.
The one I started here my interest died nearly immediately because it seemed like even when they WERE on the quest they didn't really care one way or another, which made me question the point of running it at all.

4 to 5 players is good for an actual tabletop game because actual interaction will happen there, but there's so much less of it on this board even when there could be that it feels like the board is dying slowly and everyone posting does so out of reflex rather then an actual desire to do so.
>>
>>1450585
Fanfic quests were just as popular on /tg/ you fucking moron
>>
File: Drawing (18).jpg (39KB, 575x1052px) Image search: [Google]
Drawing (18).jpg
39KB, 575x1052px
>QM Question

I jist like writing whatever bullshit the player makes happen. Getting to draw an autistic picture is also nice. Of course, it'd be even better if people actually played. But this board is dying, and my quest is not actually serious, and there are many better quests.

>>1444642
>>
>>1450587
yes
and did I at any point "a majority of"?
>>
>>1450546
>I'm not a regular here
that is not a reason to forgo checking the archives to see how players received all the other SMT quests
>>
>>1450616
Laziness is a reason.

>>1450584
On a more serious note, from previous /qtg/s, another problem is that there's effectively a skeleton crew of /qst/ mods and janitors. Apparently the /qst/ anons are either unable to reach the moderation team, or have been unable to have any fruitful discussions in the past.
>>
Why would anyone ever go to 4chan for quests?
tgchan has better image quests, sb/sv have better text quests and qq has better lewd quests.
The only reason I can see for someone going to 4chan for quests is either ignorance or a misplaced sense of pride that compels them to circlejerk over an inferior product.
>>
File: 1380867739679.gif (1009KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1380867739679.gif
1009KB, 500x280px
>>1450634
>sb/sv have better text quests
>>
File: furfagsgetout.jpg (372KB, 936x936px) Image search: [Google]
furfagsgetout.jpg
372KB, 936x936px
>>1450634
>>
>>1450585
Speaking of Capes, Jim Mac hasn't started season 2 yet, did he?
>>
>>1450640
But that was made by Plague, someone who made quests on tgchan.
>>
>>1450616
Then I've got my answer.
This board is dead as fuck.
>>
I'm thinking of running a quest with a narrative that reacts to player choices. However I'm unsure if I should have multiple starting locations to accommodate players who want to be other races. Or just force the starting race and area.
I've made a map, stat interactions, combat mechanics, npc quests that affect the characters in town depending on if the player chooses to do, finish, or fails them. Consequences for failing to many quests, and for being unruly while in the town's society.

Opinions?
>>
>>1450748
the fuck are you talking about? Even on tg you'd get the same answer.
>>
>>1450637
>>1450640

I mean it sucks but he's right. 4chan has become trash for questing compared to literally anywhere else whether you're a sperglord or not. Hell, even tgchan can work for imagequests- I checked the place out and it's not ALL smut.
>>
File: 1494529654143.jpg (12KB, 185x210px) Image search: [Google]
1494529654143.jpg
12KB, 185x210px
>tfw a quest you liked and followed stopped updating for over a month
>>
Hey, losers.

You know who you are, those people who have two or less people on at any given time. You people who whine about having no players while cartoon greentext faggotry about a cuckold gets more replies in a couple of hours than you've gotten in a year. You fags who say you want better quests while not suggesting what's wrong with the ones that are up.

Explain why you're running a quest instead of playing D&D or something.

My reason is basically just denial of reality
>>
>>1450753
I'd just force it if I were you
>>
File: 1469144833007.jpg (28KB, 781x501px) Image search: [Google]
1469144833007.jpg
28KB, 781x501px
>>1450520
>>1450546
You can check out the few that we have if you need some ideas.

>Completed
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Devil%20Summoner%20London%20Quest

Armageddon happens Nocturne style and you're one of the last humans left in a world populated by demon. As usual Law and Chaos start battling for control and you have to have to figure out where you stand.

Writing is a tad rough in the beginning but improves immensely over time. Mechanics are a little meh, but the narrative is where it shines. 2 parts.

>Ongoing
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Devil%20Summoner%20Task%20Force%20666%20Quest

You're recruited into an secret international task force that takes care of demonic incidents away from the public eye. You and your team are tasked with defending the East Coast of the US.

Good writing and mechanics, but the pacing is extremely slow due to a variety of factors.

>Dropped
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Persona%202129%20Quest

A Persona quest that takes place in the far future. At this point the whole world knows about Personas and half the population has them while under constant threat from Shadows. You are the first Wild Card in decades, something you need to keep secret for you own safety.

Good writing, but the pacing was glacial due to many things bogging down the narrative. It's a good example of why you should keep less 'game' out of the quests even if you are making a fanfic of a video game series. Streamline as much as you can because questing on it's own takes a lot of time as it is.

There are a few others but I haven't read them so I can't comment.
>>
>>1450504
Hard to tell the number of players, but votes are easier to count. Here's sort of the feeling I get.
1 vote: Put it out of its misery, good god.
2 votes: Its a bit lonely.
3 votes: Comfortable for a small, quiet quest.
4-6 votes: Well off and in healthy state. Unless you're Shounen.
6+ votes: /tg/ clout, meme power, or fetish fags.
>>
>>1450953
That seems about right.

On a related note.
>>1439332
Running for the next 12 hours hopefully.
>>
>>1450022
>>1450047

Raven here. That was unfortunate, but something like that was going to happen eventually.

Most of the angry anons were jumping to the wrong conclusions, such as being afraid of penalties that I won't be imposing. (There was also blaming me for railroading when write-ins are always available.) That said, I take responsibility for my own part in the miscommunication that led to it, and I'm looking at how avoid a similar situation.

Don't worry about Overwatch Quest, it won't die from something like that. The fanbase and I are both a little tougher than that, and anyway the amount of anons who encouraged me afterwards was greater.

Regarding the quest narrative, I've already come up with what I think is a cool way to turn a negative into a positive, and make Seeker and Tracer's currently pretty fucked up situation into something good for the quest. Probably be running on Sunday, so I'll see you then anons.
>>
'Duplicate file exists' when I try to post a thread; the 'duplicate' is actually the first thread of my quest.

Any idea how to fix this, so I can post thread #2 already?
>>
>>1451248
Open MS paint. Add a small dot somewhere on the image. Save as OP Image2 or something.
>>
>>1451248
Change a single pixel
>>
>>1451255
>>1451258
Thanks!
>>
>>1450621
this board has mods?
>>
>>1451641
At least one irregularly responds to reports.
Apparently the first /qst/ mod was one of the people who hated quests, and left /qst/ to rot by turning a blind eye to his duties. I'm not sure if it's still the same person.
>>
>still like my quest
>can't be bothered to actually write it
What do you do when the passion drops?
>>
>>1451748
Take a break, or write it in shorter chunks?
You'd need to be more specific than that for what you don't want to bother writing but still like your quest enough for.
>>
>>1451748
Buckle down and do it anyways?

Everyone who relies on passion, inspiration, or motivation for things are doomed to failure anyways. They're not long term feelings by default. They don't sustain.

If you're burned out, take a break. Especially if you still like your quest. Many QMs just up and quit because they stopped having fun when it's more than likely they burned themselves out in their work/play balance than actually needing some amorphous feeling to push them along.

If your inkwell is dry do something else until it refills. Have a shag but don't finish. Drink three or eight cups of black coffee in a row and have a short forty minute jog. Punch something, someone, etc. Write nothing and focus on any other kind of mental or physical work. Play them dodgy computer games, whatever.

Caveat: The feeling of motivation probably won't come back until you do what you need to do for you to find the fun. Most unspecialized random advice is useless because nobody else knows what it takes for you to recharge.
>>
>>1450634
If skirmish quests move over the SB/SV I would leave this place in a heartbeat
>>
>>1450634
Are you just here to bait?

Otherwise, convenience and quests that are already here could be reasons.
4chan isn't necessarily bad for quests besides not having enough mod support and allowance for advertisements in some generals.
>>
/qtg/ - shill other sites general
>>
Is it considered bad taste to run a "spinoff" of a quest that you follow, assuming you can get that QM's permission?
>>
>>1451938
>>1451938
>>1451938

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now up and running.
>>
>>1451904
Maybe a little, but if you have the QM's permission you should be fine.
>>
>>1451904
Do what you want, man. The worst that could happen is that they say no.
>>
File: WEAPONS_v02.jpg (495KB, 1500x2353px) Image search: [Google]
WEAPONS_v02.jpg
495KB, 1500x2353px
Don't miss tomorrow's Bastard's Boars session if you like Skirmish Quests or Drawquests. There'll be plenty of action.

14:00 (UTC-05:00)
>>
>>1451904
Which quest are you thinking of spinning off?
>>
Question for QMs present...

How much pre-writing do you do for a session? The opening is obvious, but how much of the rest do you write?

Do you pre-write the possible outcomes of choices?
>>
File: 1494609239542.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494609239542.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>>1452361
QM here

None
>>
>>1452361
I do it if I can/I have time. I try to anticipate what players are likely to pick and pre-write that. Makes it easy. Or if I have "high points" I want to hit, that will get hit no matter what, I try to write those.

It also helps to have an "end point" idea for each session and an idea to start the next one.

ie: "Finish this battle and next session talk economics"

source:I'm a fucking expert on everything.
>>
File: IMG_0058.jpg (23KB, 253x196px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0058.jpg
23KB, 253x196px
>ttfw you want a Game of thrones quest to sink your teeth in because crusader quest died for realsies
>tfw House Malory is dead
>tfw no other GOT quests
>>
File: 1-800-3BEAM UP.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1-800-3BEAM UP.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>>1452361
>Pre-writing
>>
>>1452361
The OP, which I "prewrite" about 5 minutes before quest time.
>>
>>1452361

I barely "pre-think" anymore.

I barely think.

I'm a literal retard.
>>
File: qs.png (21KB, 420x320px) Image search: [Google]
qs.png
21KB, 420x320px
>>1452361
This is the most I've pre-written and the quest didn't even last a year.
The next one did a little better, but it's ancient history now.
>>
what would you like to zee in a short not!sunless sea quest with roughly 15 location?
>>
>>1454487
As many cults dedicated to bizarre deities as possible
Trading in human souls is legal so long as you have the correct stamps and permits
Monkey zeppelins
>>
File: TypicalRebelPilot.jpg (28KB, 399x300px) Image search: [Google]
TypicalRebelPilot.jpg
28KB, 399x300px
Dark Empire Quest will be going up in about 11 hours. So . . . In case anyone was unaware of that . . .
>>
Doing a quest based on this thread:
>>>/tg/53132945. Look for it soon.
>>
>>1452361
What is this "prewriting" you speak of. Spunds boring.
>>
File: Boi.png (129KB, 357x763px) Image search: [Google]
Boi.png
129KB, 357x763px
>>1454855
Don't fuck it up that shit looks rad
>>
>>1449992

There should be a quest where the PC is responsible for sending people to magical worlds. He does so by hitting them with his truck.
>>
Hey fags it's time for more quest science, because what else are we doing anyways?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12957467
http://www.strawpoll.me/12957514
http://www.strawpoll.me/12957560
>>
>>1455718
Watching a raid being removed live.
>>
File: 1493338919057.jpg (3MB, 2000x1900px) Image search: [Google]
1493338919057.jpg
3MB, 2000x1900px
>>1449992
>What parts of your quest do you enjoy writing the most? Why?

Cute girls suffering.

>>1451904
One-shot, I'd say great idea. It's a neat tribute to that quest, and quest players will usually welcome more content related to the quests they follow with open arms.

Long quest, that's a little icky. You'd be putting yourself in a position to compete with the original quest and that's just asking for things to get awkward.

One-three-shots are always better anyway.

>>1452361
I prewrite various blurbs before knowing when or if I'll ever need them. Not actual parts of the plot but rather just lore and worldbuilding, side stories, flashbacks, etc.
>>
>>1456013
>>1454858
>>1454089
>>1454033
>>1453800
>>1453718
>>1452458
>>1452368

Thanks for answering. I will now question whether I'm autistic or a coward for thinking of pre-writing as much as possible.
>>
>>1456193
You do exactly as much as you think you need to be prepared. If you know what's going to happen, then obviously you won't need as much. If you're flying by the seat of your pants and don't care about the consequences, likewise.

But if you're taking things seriously you're going to have some level of preparation.
>>
>>1455718
>http://www.strawpoll.me/12957514
>Who is best girl?

Are we talking who do I personally like the most or who do I think the MC should get with?

I am a big enough boy to differentiate the two.
>>
>>1456600
Personal favor.
>>
Any of ya fags interested in LoL quest?
Was inspired by Overwatch quest
>>
File: templar232.jpg (81KB, 630x390px) Image search: [Google]
templar232.jpg
81KB, 630x390px
>>1457345
>>1457345
Fantasy Crusader Quest is live once more.
>>
File: 999.png (19KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
999.png
19KB, 512x512px
I'm quitting questing, thanks to everyone who participated in any of my quests and those who helped me in any way or form. Good Bye.
>>
File: 1487205402094.jpg (196KB, 704x1180px) Image search: [Google]
1487205402094.jpg
196KB, 704x1180px
>>1457601
RIP

I'll miss you
>>
>>1457601
what happened bro?
>>
>>1457601
Oh. Well that's a shame. You should tell your questers about that if you are.
>>
>>1457601
Sorry to hear that dude. From the artstyle I think you're the From Pleb To Hero guy? I was really enjoying that. I hope you're able to try QMing again someday, or at least drop some artwork on us -- we can always use more drawfriends.
>>
>>1457601
RIP

Goodnight, Space Cowboy
>>
>>1457601

Sarcastic insulting comment meant to draw attention to me
>>
>>1457601
Goodbye sweet prince.
>>
what are some good active quests nowadays?
>>
>>1458410
Frontier knight
werewolf reich
Star VS quest
Overwatch quest

Btw, wtf happened to DWMA Quest?
>>
>>1458410
Define active.

I'd also say define good, but
>quests
>good

Also, as always, when you ask for recommendations, it's good to know your tastes and what settings and subjects you like, so people aren't just blindly throwing suggestions.
>>
>>1458462
I mean stuff thats currently going on.

I like a good cast of characters. overarching plots. mystery maybe. funny dialogue.
>>
I miss Kayaba
>>
>>1458467
Do you have a preferred genre or tone? Everything you're describing is quite subjective, so anyone who follows a quest will likely claim their quest fits that description.
>>
>>1458467
Evil Sorceress has a cast of terrible characters. The overarching plot is dumb the mysteries don't make sense. The dialogue is funny in the 'so bad you have no choice but to laugh to get away from the pain' sense.
I highly recommend it.
>>
>>1458410
Hive Queen Quest
>>
What's the easiest type of quest to run?
>>
>>1458770
The type you enjoy and have fun with.
>>
>>1450753
>I'm thinking of running a quest with a narrative that reacts to player choices

As opposed to a quest that outright ignores player choices?

Also known as "writing a novel"?
>>
>>1458802
In a way, this is our fate. People don't actually know what a quest is anymore. Some, even during the good times it can be said, never really did.

It's sad, but the end of times is mythically and practically linked to a loss of knowledge. Everyone who knows how things were or what they could be are too fractured by the world to make use of that knowledge.
Everything, and everyone, is winding down, fatigue permeated and rotten.

The graves speak, and they speak of old glories and worn worlds.
Where once lives had been lived, but no more.
No more.

This is the dearth of imageboard questing. The only thing that truly lives are exceptions or cancer.
Fitting, to the end of the world, where what lives is either a disease of undying by its nature or that which simply stands the tests of time.

Yet eventually, even these stories will fade. Until all is an endless shattered thread, made of the lost meanings between nothings and no-ones, insightless and defeated by time.
This is our fate.
>>
>>1458819
tl;dr
>>
>>1458822
/qst/ a grave, anon a shit
>>
>>1458822
tl;dr
>>
>>1458826
t;d
>>
>>1458829
d
>>
>>1458830
>>
>>1455718
>What are the worst things?
meh, these are biased towards QMs being great writers and players lacking even the slightest genre saviness.
>>
>>1458561
he was alright.
>>
>>1458835
>genre saviness
get the fuck out of here, tvtropes
>>
>>1458838
did you need tvtropes to know what that concept is?
>>
File: qstbanner_improved.png (98KB, 786x305px) Image search: [Google]
qstbanner_improved.png
98KB, 786x305px
>>1458823
>>
For a first time QM, would it be better to try a shorter practice quest first before attempting something more ambitious, or should I not worry about that sort of thing and just dive right in?
>>
>>1458873

Either could work. I really should run Consor Quest, but I have no willpower to start.
>>
>>1458873
both will teach you something. But we don't know which lesson you need more.
>>
>>1458873
run a one-shot

fast loose and with a simple goal

it'll get you a little practice with players fucking with your carefully laid plans
>>
Are there any good KanColle quests?

Here, on akun or even space battles, I don't care. Do they exist?
>>
>>1458838
>tvtropes invented tropes
>>
>>1458961
>>>>>>>×10^100 kancolle

There's a few that run here
>>
>>1458961
>liking ships
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 675x450px
>>1458981
>Not liking ships
Midwestern meth farmer detected
>>
>>1458591
Something with fantasy. Tone shouldn't be too dark. But not comedical either. Something in between.
>>
>>1458423
We dunno. Death proofed after saying he was sick. He still wanted to run but we convinced him not too until he got better
>>
Renaissance Mech Guy here. I just had a deadline moved up earlier than expected and for which I will need to devote all my time and energy. The earliest I can run would be Wednesday, but most likely Thurs. My sincerest apologies.
>>
The Terrible Quest is under way, please join in and see if today is the day you will meet the dreaded Profiteer!

>>1460357
>>
File: 2.1.jpg (614KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
2.1.jpg
614KB, 890x890px
An update on the Paladin of Avalon is up!
https://fiction.live/stories/The-Paladin-of-Avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/30-A-hero-should-only-be-one/XFMpzuaivwm87CH6K
To everyone's relief
>>
>ded thread the board
>>
Realistically, what's the bare minimum someone would need to run a semi-successful quest?
>>
>>1461814
People?
>>
>>1461814
To run on Anonkun
>>
>>1460378
hmm, are you planning to run around the time of this post?
>>
>>1461814
adaptability: if not the ability to parse complete concepts based on what people mention and point out, then at least be prepared by doing a LITTLE prior research. Not even the qtg OP, just browse half a tg quest thread, goddamn.

formatting: spacing is god. sentence structure is a demigod. spelling is merely a prophet. very few people give a shit about capitalization as long as you don't forget it as often as this text block.

That's it. Technically speaking shilling is not within "bare minimum". Judging from the average nuQM's writing ability though, how they present it on qtg or elsewhere helps convince people that the QM will be consistent. Helps.
>>
>>1461814
Have a good, easily summarised idea.
Write words OK.
Respond to suggester input.
Update semi-regularly.
>>
>>1462107
>>1461989
I feel like i'd fail on the 'having pictures to post' front, honestly.
>>
>>1462131
You said bare minimum.

OP picture is the bare minimum. More is decidedly above it.
>>
This was a while back, but I've just recalled a rather important detail that may change absolutely everything. This realization, or revelation perhaps, occurred while rereading our formal introductions to the Union with our Speaker. I cannot introductorily overstate the monumental knowledge we gained from the interactions within the Union diplomacy building, and perhaps it was too great for most to process at the time, which is sufficient reasoning for pointing it out now even during a situation such as this. Although it's occurred before, perhaps then its true magnitude was overlooked, and all potential gains from the knowledge swiftly ignored.

Simply put, our Speakers greatly enjoy being brushed. brushie brushie
>>
>>1462842
Well, fuck you too quick reply to tab "feature". I ain't deleting that.
>>
>>1462842
>>1462855
Explain this bullshit
>>
>>1462865
Hive Queen
>>
I've been wanting to run a SMAC quest forever.
https://youtu.be/035cpHEowS4

But having run a Civ Quest I can't help but feel th resource management portions would detract from every other aspect.

How would you come at the problem?
>>
File: 1492609550485.png (72KB, 265x294px) Image search: [Google]
1492609550485.png
72KB, 265x294px
>>1464665
Run a quest taking place on Planet instead of running a crummy civ quest that people could already get by just playing SMAC. There are a ton of interesting environments and societies within the setting, so just pick the one you find most interesting and let loose with the horrors of technology and mindworms.
>>
Whatever happened to Three Kingdoms quest?
I didn't follow it but now I've got a hankering for more Romance of the Three Kingdoms stuff.
>>1464665
Gotta agree with >>1464700
We can have the whole Richard Baxton experience to ourselves.
I suppose the trick is deciding which faction you're going to focus on, if any.
>>
>>1464700
>>1464726
Five minutes of honest introspection about what living in any of those societies would be like is bone chilling.

The flavor text for the punishment sphere alone is an excellent example.

The devs included a massive amount of information on Planets atmosphere, composition, and other factors. So there's no problem environmentally.

Currently I'm struggling with the small cultural nuances of each faction.

Character Generation seems unavoidable. But perhaps it can be mitigated? Having the MC start on the Unity and playing through Planetfall might make faction selection and other Character Generation tasks easier to stomach.
>>
>>1464875
Character generation is never unavoidable. Why would it ever be? If anything I'd want to avoid it even harder than normal in this case, unless you'd prefer to have 90% of the posts in your thread be arguing over which faction is best, even long after you've finished char gen.
>>
>>1464894
True, I would like to avoid the usual SMAC faction shit flinging.

On the other hand I don't feel entirely comfortable saying "You are Recon Rover Rick, and Morgan Industries owns your dick."

By forcing the players to make decisions during Planetfall the choice of faction can happen organically instead of as a "wut facshun u want?" Prompt.

Because, lets face it, even if I choose everything for the players about the MC there will still be bitching about best faction.
>>
How do I make my quest stop bleeding? My players has to stop expecting anything of me one day, right?
>>
>>1465189
the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>1465197
>bleeding

Presumably player dropoff
>>
>>1465232
it's the "stop expecting anything of me" part I don't get.

Is he referring to inconsistent run/update times? Plot running to a standstill? Simple decline in writing quality?
>>
>>1449992

I really, really want to run either a Commissar Quest or an Inquisitor Quest. Lore-accurate, basically like the Abnett novels.

The one problem is that I'm not a military man. I don't know anything about the ebb and flow of a military operation. So a Commissar Quest wouldn't work.

An Inquisitor Quest might work, but I'm afraid of getting things badly wrong.
>>
>>1465095
Well, the choice is yours of course, but I'd definitely be way more attracted to a SMAC quest with a semi-defined MC already placed in an interesting situation. Picking a faction in the opening, to me, would be like a capeshit quest starting with a choice between playing Batman or Superman.
>>
I get a sick pleasure out of performing Necromancy on dead and abandoned Quests
>>
>>1449992
I've had some ideas for a Dragon Ball quest for a long time now, and I'd really love to run one. I've got plenty of ideas for how to stand apart from the various other DB quests that have been and still are run on here, but my concern is that it's still going to wind up being redundant.

Does this sound like something anyone would be interested in, and what would help to set it apart? Like I said, I've got my own ideas, but there's the very real possibility that there's something major I haven't thought of.
>>
>>1465364
That well's fairly tainted by now.
>>
>>1465395
I agree. I was just hoping I'd be able to make something fun despite that. I appreciate your honest opinion, though. I've got other quest idea, too.
>>
>>1461927
Probably 7PM-1AM EST.

Trying to decide on Akun or /qst/.
>>
>>1465417
Are you willing to have your quest turn into a smut quest and lose almost ever bit of plot in favor of fucking whatever girl they can find?
>>
File: 1468351055204.png (21KB, 180x204px) Image search: [Google]
1468351055204.png
21KB, 180x204px
>>1464726
>Whatever happened to Three Kingdoms quest?
>I didn't follow it but now I've got a hankering for more Romance of the Three Kingdoms stuff.

QM dropped it and disappeared like usual. I think they underestimate the tedium and busy work when they try to use the ROTK game system in their quest.

Hey anyone whoever plans to run a Three Kingdoms Quest.

DO NOT USE THE MECHANICS FROM THE ROTK GAMES.

They are meant for video games. You know those things that where you do something and you instantly see the results so logistics and management take a few minutes as opposed to fucking hours when a QM has to write it all out.

Always, ALWAYS streamline mechanics for a quest. Your pacing and players will thank you for it.

Also I have no idea who thought stat based, roll based Rock, Paper, Scissors combat was ever a fucking good idea to put into a quest.
>>
what is the expected update frequency on /qst? It's weird since the quests stay up for like weeks instead of 1-2 days that was the norm in /tg.

So what is the ideal length of a quest run time here? 1 day, 2 days, more? With how frequent updates from the QM?
>>
>>1465700
>ideal length of quest run time

As long as you want. If you have multiple sessions over several days, you can keep using that thread, unless you have autism and feel the need to make a new thread as soon as the old thread stops being bumped to the front page.

>frequency of updates

Whatever your taste is, although the more frequent you update the more players you're likely to have. Sort of. No guarantee.

Standard assumption is an update per half hour, but that's honestly based off of back when people ran on /tg/. Here, that's not a reliable number, since you don't actually have to update in order to avoid being kicked off the board. Thus, spaces between updates vary wildly, some quests even going once per day.

Keep in mind that you aren't going to get off the ground if you do once per day and nobody knows who you are or what your schedule is. People will just assume you're dead.
>>
>>1465429
Alternately, state off the jump that there won't be any smut, and no one will bother you about it. If the premise is any good/you write well enough, still a solid chance of getting a decent number of players- more than what you'd likely get here, at any rate.
>>
>>1465700
some do sessions /tg/-style and reuse the thread for the next 1-3 days, others update 1-3 times a day for a week in a single thread, others are somewhere inbetween.
>>
>>1466169
>>1466169

FCQ is live again.
>>
>>1461877
Stop shilling your shitty site.
>>
How come anons never vote to play an evil villain?
>>
>>1466529
They're difficult to sympathize with and most people don't want to play as cartoonish edgelords, so the most evil they'll get is "callous but practical."
>>
>>1466529
Usually it's simply practical not to, you'd have to make an evil villain clearly more effective, viable alternative, or justify them being the evil villain within a setting to make anons want to play one. Anons usually want to play the sort of underdog protagonist that rises to glory, not the antagonist at the top who gets their teeth kicked in by everyone else.
Plus, anons are more inclined to befriending some folks and interacting with them before destroying stuff, it's a matter of what they resort to. Closest one can normally get is a noble demon or tragic villain.
>>1466572
Pretty much on the mark.

There's some more stuff too, but that's the gist of it.
>>
>>1466529
At the end of the day most anons want to be 'likable'. It's the same reason they nearly always steer a character into being a diplomancer.
>>
does anyone care about archive rating votes?
>>
>>1466529
because if they wanted to play an evil villain, they'd show up in a quest about being an evil villain.

And not the quests that comedically parody evil villains.
>>
>>1467274
That rarely happens in those threads, what usually happens is the anons who want to play a villain will be outvoted for anons who want to play an anti-hero or just flat out be a hero.
>>
>>1467281
I dunno man, I'm content with Journal of the Occult.

>Obviously morally bankrupt MC
>Killed a fuckton of people
>More selfish than every single other major power
>Killed all but one of them
MC was the blackest in a sea of greys.
>>
File: zee 2.png (143KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
zee 2.png
143KB, 1000x1000px
fuck it, i know i will never ever have a proper not!sunless sea quest not even a test quest

here is a map i made if anyone better talent and patience wanna give a crack at it
>>
File: zee.png (93KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
zee.png
93KB, 1000x1000px
>>1467685
without text
>>
File: loss.jpg (74KB, 491x712px) Image search: [Google]
loss.jpg
74KB, 491x712px
Anyone else here actually like /qst/?
>>
>>1467695
What is there to love?
>>
>>1467701
Wailing and gnashing of teeth.
>>
>>1466529
>How come anons never vote to play an evil villain?

In my quest I'd say they're pretty darn evil. Though they didnt "vote" to be the villain, they willingly joined a game where they are the villian so . . .

>>1467055
Yes, I'm vain.

>>1467695
Yes! Of course i never played on /Tg though so . . .
>>
>>1467695
I love my players. Close enough
>>
File: 2.jpg (646KB, 892x890px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
646KB, 892x890px
https://fiction.live/stories/The-Paladin-of-Avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/30-A-hero-should-only-be-one/XFMpzuaivwm87CH6K
Trembling is the ground
>>
Someone fucking did it
>>1470305
>>
File: FlamingHomosexual.jpg (1MB, 1000x1486px) Image search: [Google]
FlamingHomosexual.jpg
1MB, 1000x1486px
It's Fire Vatis Quest! It's the latest and greatest in the line of BQ spinoffs, but this one is an actual quest and not an elaborate shitpost!

>>1470305
>>1470305
>>1470305

Now with even more unnecessary linguistic detail
>>
>>1466529

There are only really two kinds of villain. There's the edgy kind, and there's the really, really deeply unlikeable kind who does seriously uncomfortable things to people.

The former's a joke. The latter is not fun to play, long-term. A good example of the latter type is (for instance) Matt Wagner's Grendel, who ruins lives even though he doesn't have to.
>>
>>1450925
But I run a quest and play in like 2 D&D or other roleplaying games a week, with a few more peppered in bi monthly when old college groups get together. Not to mention a monthly Larp network I participate in alongside once or twice a year one shot anime con crack crossover larps I try to make time for.

I'm invested in finishing my bullshit fanfic quest and I promised I would finish it, but I'm not going to do a forced fast wrap up, I'm going to reach the end of the story I started in whatever time it and the players I have left wish to face.
>>
Is anyone else having trouble posting?
>>
>>1470476
Not anymore.
>>
test
>>
>>1470500
I am still unable to upload a new thread.

I keep getting an "upload error"

Continuing in old thread until it dies.

>>1439332
>>
>>1470631
>>1470476
Nobody can upload images, apparently. Sucks.
>>
File: OP42.gif (7MB, 1750x1250px) Image search: [Google]
OP42.gif
7MB, 1750x1250px
Lets see how long the site works now

>>1470784
>>1470784
>>1470784
>>
How are the Walking Dead quests usually? I haven't seen one on here and I'm interested in doing one.
>>
>>1470852
I don't think I've seen one either.
>>
>>1470888
Ill start working one up then
>>
>>1472033
>>1472033

Fantasy Crusader Quest live soon, non plot-effecting vote in OP.
>>
Is scribe anon alive? He left the last trawler quest early due to some family issue and I haven't seen anything of him since. Hope he's doing alright!
>>
How do you get a thread archived?
>>
>>1472592
try at all looking at suptg
>>
>>1472506
His twitter's been inactive ever since, so the curse has probably claimed another victim.
>>
Dungeon Civ is alive for as long as it can be today

>>1473065
>>
League of Legend quest is here. COme join Us

>>1473920
>>
>>>/d/7429056
Tell me how quests should be confined to a single board again. And I don't even mean qst in particular.
>>
>>1474319
/d/ is another containment board

There's quests on /mlp/ too.

Basically, you're allowed to make them in places nobody bitches about.

People are also much, much less likely to bitch about drawquests. The series of ones that were on /v/ managed to stick around for a while even after the /qst/ banishment began.
>>
>>1474362
You misunderstand. I'm arguing that quests should be allowed to run anywhere.
>>
>>1460378
You still planning on running this?
>>
Gonna be running my first quest tomorrow.
How do I make sure it's not shit?
>>
>>1475746
You don't. It's going to be terrible.

If you can put up with that fact it'll eventually get better, but this is /qst/ so you won't hold any players long enough for that to happen.
>>
File: mysterious dude.png (5KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mysterious dude.png
5KB, 500x500px
>>1474362

I saw a quest on /bant/ as well. Not to mentions multiple instances of those horrible Dragon Slayer threads
>>
I haven't run a quest since 2014. How is questing on /qst/? It looks a lot slower, especially for original IP quests. If you have no brand name or fanfiction fanbase, how long does it take for you to gather players? How long should I expected to wait between updates to get a decent number of players to vote?
>>
anime
>>
>>1475746
This>>1475755
Unless you've read an absurd amount of quests, it's going to be shit.
>>1475769
>How is questing?
Like pumping a dry well.
>No brand name
Give it a gimmick, like fetish shit, and you'll do fine. Otherwise, you're out of luck.
>How long should I be expected to wait
30-45 before everyone slowly loses patience in you.
>>
TASUKETE, CRUSTY
>>
>>1476262
Never Ever.
>>
File: Raven Guard marine.jpg (33KB, 247x400px) Image search: [Google]
Raven Guard marine.jpg
33KB, 247x400px
Surprise Chapter Master Quest session

>>1442668
>>1442668
>>1442668
>>
>>1475897
no
>>
>>1476713
>>1476713
>>1476713

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now live.
>>
File: huddle.png (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
huddle.png
11KB, 300x300px
>>1456863
Amateur Goblin Quest picking back up. You may be small, but you can try to be brave.
>>
I hate to admit it, but it seems like Quests are slowing down in general all across the board. Maybe it WOULD be a good idea to look for new stomping grounds...
>>
>>1449992
How would people feel about a semi-freeform roleplay on here? I feel that /tg/ sorta sneers at the thought of such a thing on their board, and was wondering if you guys might be more open to it

(I realize that it may not be entirely feasible on a place like 4chan, but feel free to correct me on that as well)
>>
>>1477301
I always ran my Quests with free-form roleplay like npc interactions and never had a problem. Even back then on /tg/. Honestly at this point just run whatever you want.
>>
>>1477301
.....what? Have you not seen examples of that in both tg and qst?
>>
>>1477600
I've never seen someone actually run a pure roleplay, wherein everyone makes their own characters, no. Unless you want to count the Fighters'/Mages'/Whatever Guild thing. This could be a deficit in my own experience though, which I freely admit to being incomplete.
>>
>>1477653
I also feel it fair to mention that I've never really been on /qst/.
>>
>>1477653
There's limited forms of it. Skirmish games for example tend to have individuals create their own characters.

Skirmish games tend to be quite short running though, and flexible. For a free form role play you're honestly better off just finding a group instead of playing with anon fags.
>>
>>1477653
>Fighters'/Mages'/Whatever Guild thing
joke roleplays are still roleplays. Even the ones where they pretend they're weapons talking shit to each other.

Some skirmish-type stuff also involves roleplay, which to ME sounds like semi-freeform.

It's very, very difficult to get "serious" roleplay without any sort of mechanics due to the way anons can just come and go. The mechanics at least help "automate" some interactions with them.
>>
>>1477659
>>1477664
Thank you two for the advice! I'd already planned on including some kind of rudimentary mechanics, so not entirely freeform. Still, from the sound of things skirmish games don't really seem up my alley. Which leaves me at square one: I wouldn't really know where to start with something like I had in mind, at least not on this website.

There are plenty of forums for this sort of thing out there, but most of them seem to be kind of... mollycoddling to their members. Basically, I'm looking for players with skins that are a bit more on the thick side, you know? Figured I could find that here. But what with many anons' tendency to come and go, it may not be the best fit.

Thank you two for the advice. Sorry to waste your time.
>>
>>1477695
> Sorry to waste your time.

Nigga I know you'e said you've never really been on /qst/ but trust me when I say that you're not wasting anybody's time, and that at least three quarters of all time on this board is spent basically flicking boogers at a wall.
>>
>>1475763
What are these 'Dragon Slayer' threads you speak of?
>>
Howdy. New to this board and quests in general. What should I be aware of before I try and most likely fail to create some new content?
>>
>>1450944
Interesting, I'll look this over.
I've been drafting up ideas for another, slightly different, Persona Quest. I do not guarantee lore or 'gameplay' consistency, for those of you who care. I just like the general concept and it's a fast way for me to show off my mythology boner.
The core concept is selling/losing your soul. I'll check when the other Persona Quest runs so I don't compete for 'air time'.
>>
>>1477889
And by 'another', I mean another as in another Persona Quest, not another quest of mine.
>>
>>1477893
Only one is running currently
>>
>>1477887
>What should I be aware of before I try and most likely fail to create some new content?

Expect to spend a lot of time and effort for no satisfying result whatsoever.

If you're fine with that and have a whole lot of time to set aside for said vague and unfulfilling activities then I'll bother thinking of more in depth advice.

Also, read the faq pastebin.
>>
>>1477899
That's what I meant. I guess I should have said 'a second'.
It's still going to be a group of teenagers that go to the same high school entering a magical world with punchghosts, just probably set in America in 2018 because I'm a glutton for punishment.
>>
>>1477906
Luckily, I do that sort of thing already. I have an idea that I think I will try to run on Saturday maybe. Hope you all like kobolds and that sorta thing.
>>
>>1477246
Holy shit fuck off retard.
>>
File: 202_max_1[1].jpg (83KB, 294x221px) Image search: [Google]
202_max_1[1].jpg
83KB, 294x221px
Quick question. A while ago, I ran Left Beyond Quest. It has fairly stable rules and is designed to be repeatable.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=left%20beyond

Would you rather me:

* Run a new iteration of this, in order to explore other options as Omega, The Other Light's quasi-sentient mission planning AI. 100 turns, one year each.

* Run a not-prequel, in which players are Custodial Arrangement of Thermodynamic Systems personnel and have to cancel the Apocalypse in the first place. 80 turns, one month each.
>>
File: behold.png (55KB, 445x449px) Image search: [Google]
behold.png
55KB, 445x449px
>>1477881

Basically this >>>/bant/605146
But with a dragon instead of a "boss"
I always thought it was a pretty dull game
>>
>>1478205

* Run a sequel, which would be mostly hard-sci-fi, focusing on the various groups of colonists that made it to the Centauri system on the torchship Reach.
>>
>Three years have passed since I came to the questing community
>Figure if nothing else I can at least go finish Magical Girl Noir Quest
>Deculture isn't done with it yet
God fucking dammit.
>>
Is anyone having spam filter troubles?
>>
File: IMG_1174.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1174.png
1MB, 1334x750px
> run quest on qst
> long wait for response
> use anonkun to run it
> lots of response
> try using both and eventually go full akun
> like to add sexy tension in qst to make good character development
> good users initially, picks up users later on.
> one akun poll I added too kinky an option
> seems to be reeking of smutfags
> edit poll to make it clear Im not trying to appease a sexual fantasy
> smutfags freak out
> claim I need to appeal to my userbase when they were never my userbase
> I explain I dont want to write smut
> basically tell me to fuck off
> take a few days off, return to continue writing
> mfw anon smutfag commenter says I drove off my users

Dont fall for the akun meme
Tell me what I did wrong qst
>>
>>1478205
>>1478273
>* Run a sequel, which would be mostly hard-sci-fi, focusing on the various groups of colonists that made it to the Centauri system on the torchship Reach.
Continue the story of Omega as he bumbles across the galaxy on his dingy raft of plans. The potential worldbuilding made by Omega's story could lead to much more than its source material. It'd be a shame to have to leave that behind for a while.
If the other variations could tie into each other or even make appearances, I'd be more willing to vote for those ideas.

>>1478429
>Tell me what I did wrong qst
I have no idea what you did wrong without knowing what quest you ran or the content of it. If I had to guess it was just a hit-or-miss with the nature of /qst/.
>Dont fall for the akun meme
For the smutfags, I guess that's just what happens when you're no longer on a blue board and you let the smutfags out. Some fetish or smut quests have been directed there because of its lack of blue board restrictions, so that might be feeding into it.

>>1467695
Besides /qst/ being slow and not having that many threads or users, yeah. The mods have been becoming more active and thorough in their responses lately, and there's some pretty good content going on in a few threads. Maybe the new wave of janitor applications might help if some janitors want to be assigned to /qst/.

>>1478340
I haven't, is it the Connection Error problem?
>>
>>1477934
You might want to consider retooling the source material of the quest, or at least the name of it. Running more than one quest from the same source tends to lead to a sort of background competition between shared playerbases for them, and the preexisting one tends to last longer because of it.

>>1477653
>I've never seen someone actually run a pure roleplay, wherein everyone makes their own characters,
Do you mean where all NPCs are generated by the players? If so, NotQuesty MoonQuest has that.

If you're talking about roleplays with heavy player interaction that aren't Skirmishes, there's some that resemble what you're talking about. Penal Regiment had that before the GM shut it down when it got moved from /tg/ to /qst/, and Darkest Quest is an active one centered around interaction from its players.
>>
>>1478429
I'm not that sympathetic to you. Never use ambiguity.

On the subject of Akun and fetishes, mind control is a shit fetish. Mind control sex is rape lite, and generally garbage.
>>
>>1478898
Psion Academy Quest is back, kinda.
>>
>>1478429
Anonkun is for smut.
>>
>>1478429
>Add sexy tension to make good character development

That's like saying you use crutches to be good at walking. It sounds like I found the source of your problem. Stop conflating sexual tension with character development and you will stop attracting smutfags who beleive the big tits make it extra sophisticated.
>>
>>1479304
FUTA ADDS CHARACTER!!!!!
>>
>>1478514
>You might want to consider retooling the source material of the quest, or at least the name of it. Running more than one quest from the same source tends to lead to a sort of background competition between shared playerbases for them, and the preexisting one tends to last longer because of it.
Yeah, I figured that, so I've decided to call it American Arcana rather than 'Other Persona Quest' or something stupid like that.
>>
>>1479317
God I still remember that one anon who unironically attempted to argue that claim. I pitty that bastard for the life he had to live to reach such a low point.

But that was back before the smut exodus, which to this day I believe was the right choice since back then instead of "don't do chargen because it sucks" it was "don't do chargen because futafags will spam the thread with their fetish." Let Akun deal with that garbage.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170520-190626.jpg (205KB, 1035x1310px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170520-190626.jpg
205KB, 1035x1310px
>>1479344
>>
>>1454855
>>1454858
CommissarQM, right? Idea is cool. Will look forward to it.
>>
>>1478429
you're a dumbshit that can't handle the bantz. Grow a thicker skin fag.
>>
Pick a quest, any quest.

Who's the shittiest girl?
>>
>>1481588
Som
>>
>>1481588
Your waifu.
>>
>>1481588
Darzi
>>
>>1481588
Red Queen.
FITE ME.
>>
>>1481588
whatsherface

You think I'd remember the shittiest girl?
>>
>>1478476

Thanks! Looks like we're in for some SMAC crackfic game then :)
>>
>>1478273
>>1481851
*sci-fi almonds activated.*
>>
alright, i'm shilling this. still got to burn through the two previous threads before I can make the next one, and already reached the bump limit.

>>1466842
>>1466842
>>
>>1481926
Man this is a great quest
>>
>>1481937
1 post by this ID.
>>
I'm in love with Trick!!

Even though his quests all suck!
>>
>>1482748

<3 you too.
>>
File: 1433144718729.png (2MB, 2330x1316px) Image search: [Google]
1433144718729.png
2MB, 2330x1316px
>>1481639
>>
File: 6.1.jpg (389KB, 800x1057px) Image search: [Google]
6.1.jpg
389KB, 800x1057px
Giant shining thing in the sky
>>
Norseman Saga will be returning to /qst/ at 5pm Central time this Tuesday

I expect to run near daily for the following ~8-10 days or so, due to how my work schedule lines up.

Hope to see people there.
>>
File: 1388253879375.jpg (19KB, 355x328px) Image search: [Google]
1388253879375.jpg
19KB, 355x328px
>>1484716
>tfw your QM comes back
>>
File: IMG_9479.jpg (121KB, 446x335px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9479.jpg
121KB, 446x335px
>>1449992
I plan on running a dragonball quest as a saiyan invader soon, as my first attempt at QMing. It will be set in Age 733, 3 years after the conclusion of the Saiyan-Tuffle war, two years after the Saiyans were annexed into Freeza's armies, and 4 years until the "asteroid" wipes out Planet Vegeta. Any tips/advice are welcome.
>>
>>1485539

Don't do it you cuck.
>>
>>1485704
That's some great reasons why you got there Trick.
>>
>>1485708
You're just ripping off Som which makes you a hack.

He's got full rights and reign over all dragon ball and yu yu hakusho related quests.

Don't you dare step on his turf or he will make you cry by subconsciously forcing you to realize how much your quest pales in comparison to the masterpiece of his own.
>>
>>1485725
Oh okay you're trolling. The only people Som makes cry are his players which is why his quests are fun
>>
>>1485539
YURI
>>
>>1485729
If I wanted to write smut I'd follow Chuckles to anonkun.
>>
>>1481588
Abigail
It's a shame she won.
>>
>>1481588
Iovetta.
>>
>>1485844
Ila, it's been years. Let it go girl.
Also, didn't you have a werewolf and an angel vying for your affection by the end of the story?
>>
File: Space Marine 2.jpg (600KB, 721x1162px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine 2.jpg
600KB, 721x1162px
Chapter Master Quest is up

>>1486684
>>1486684
>>1486684
>>
>>1481588
Karen
>>
>>1485844
Fight me phonefag. Abby was miles better than Stonefist
>>
Be a specialist operator today

Sign Here please
>>1486713
>>
>>1484952
Anything for you, bby
>>
why is this shitty board even still here
>>
>>1487615
why is this shitty poster even still here
>>
>>1487688
The sad thing is that my consistency is far superior than that of the vast majority of QMs
>>
How would a post apocalyptic zombie quest go over with people? It could take any direction, even turning into a civ

>>1487901
kek
>>
I want to run a quest, but finding a system to use is proving to be a pain in the fucking ass. On top of that, i'm not sure how well the narrative style of the media I want to emulate fits into the Quest structure.
>>
>>1489057
Worst comes to worst, you could just have players roll 1d100 and take the best of three of the most popular choice.
I find that if you hold yourself to a hard-and-fast HP system, you find the fight going one way or the other really quickly.
>>
>>1489110
I sorta get what you mean. I just need something the tiniest bit concrete, even if I don't want combat to become bogged down.
>>
>>1458423
Death got in an accident and hasn't been back for a while.

>>1458561
Fuck, Kayaba. He flaked because of a microvave and now sells his shit quests on akun.

>>1461814
Decently written waifus
>>
>>1458561
Did you happen to be in the discord of Kayabas SAO jump quest?
>>
>>1489237
The important part is 2d10, and than a relatively little modifier goes a long way. And that I'm tired.
Thread posts: 306
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.