[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Birth of a Civilization XIV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

Last time on BoaC Z! :

The Chieftain sees some kind of value in Gelza, though no one is sure why, as such he orders greater imports of Gelza from the Prussians.
Though the metal is heavy, and large shipments of it might pose a problem for our ships.
The Chieftain tries to find a way to make them even bigger, but it appears that large as the river might be, it does not allow for even larger ships, the Chieftains solution is to make them longer and shallower instead. Whether this is beneficial in the long run, has yet to be answered.

Imports of Gelza increase drastically, though the Chief's Wife and Sister in Law have not found any usage for it yet, let alone a way to process it.

The massive trade of Gelza is starting to hurt our economy, the people are starting to worry for the sanity of the Chieftain.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're new and interested in playing, here's how it works:
Everyone decides what our People will do next.
All decisions are made by democratic majority vote.
If multiple decisions are made, only those that do not conflict each other will happen.
Rolling 100 overrides a majority decision.
Multiple cases of rolling 100 will happen in order they were rolled.
Everyone may only roll once per pending decision.
Major historical events, may still occur if the point of Origin remains outside our nation's control. (e.g If we don't own Macedonia by 200BC, Alexander the Great happens, no matter what)
Major Historical events may still occur, if our Nation hosts similar conditions as the Nations we currently occupy, as they would have at the appropriate time.
(e.g If we own Rome after 700BC and our King [you] does some more than questionable decisions, we will become a Republic)
Tripfagging is strongly encouraged!
>>
>>1448086
what the hell is Gelza? Well let our Smith women Experiment iwth it I guess.

Anyways, apperently we've got good ships, so lets focus on fishing with large nets I guess?

Do we have any idea of the demand and Need of resources up and down stream? We could start being middle men in trade.
>>
>>1448157
Gelza is Iron, since we don't know what the hell Iron is, we took it as a loan word from the prussians.
>>
>>1448157
Gelza is iron, and I'm completely stumped as to why our chief started hoarding it.
>>
>>1448159
it was a decision in last thread - do something with Iron.
And remember, I'm playing against you.
>>
>>1448158
>>1448161
>And remember, I'm playing against you.

not much one can do with that information is there?

so yeah, let our smiths see if they can do anything with it, and claim divine importance, pointing out that it has the colour of the moon.

Then see to use the river to ist full potential.
>>
>>1448162
If the prophet questions our divine rule use our father as an example
Our father predicted that our two gods were one
He united our people and gave us our home
Surely this must mean that the cheifton is of divine importance
>>
>>1448162
I mean there is a lot you can do with that information.
I like being cryptic about giving hints, since I really don't want to outright help you.

Also, we converted to a new unitary faith in the meantime.
>>
>>1448165
huh, I remember making that suggestion, glad to hear it worked.

I also see we've went through with banging the smiths, I approve.
>>
>>1448167
>>1448168
and I guess tell the smiths that they should try the same as they do with copper work, but moreso, as the metal is that much more holy.
>>
>>1448171
That won't work. Copper and bronze can be smelted, but iron requires a completely different approach until very advanced furnaces are invented.
>>
>>1448191
well I was trying to nudge them towards realizing that iron needs a lot more heat, and getting to the hammering part in baby steps. I don't want to invent gunpowder in a DnD campaign here.
>>
Anyone got a link to the archives?
>>
>>1448086

Are there any archives?
>>
>>1448252
not really, though that might change depending on how good you folks are.
>>
>>1448252
>>1448260

We didn't even have pottery until recently, so we didn't leave any kind of archeological record So meta
>>
>>1448193
We just got out of the collapse of the bronze age and the iron age is coming
If we can't figure out the proper iron smithing techniques we should just sit on our massive iron stockpile
>>
>>1449030
we also still have 200 years until the first recorded discovery of (actual useful) Iron Working is made somewhere in the middle-east.
>>
>>1449401
Eh
maybe we can rush it
If we fail to get a forge capable of smithing iron in 200 years than we just sit on our iron until the romans come
>>
>>1449621
since we're sitting in the middle of Poland, the Romans won't come until the late 10th century, when Otto the great is declared Emperor of West-Rome, founding the Holy Roman Empire.
>>
>>1449648
Fuck i forgot that we were in poland
>>
>>1449695
You can probably imagine, that by then, Iron has already been around in Poland for a while.
If we're really, god awefully slow, then it'll come with either the Slavs or Germans around 500-300 BC
>>
Goddamn this is retarded. I have seldomly see people metagame this badly. You guys would be better off just playing straight up , seeing as this is the amount of foresight involved
>>
>>1450594
well that's just like, your opinion man.
>>
>>1448086
We should probably stop hoarding Gelza if we have no use for it, we have enough already to expirement with to figure what we can do with it, if we find a usage then we can start importing it again.

But I agree with >>1448157 mostly, we can use our bigger ships to fish more efficient since they can carry more back home. And try to become a middle man in trade due to our position.
>>
guys are you still fucking playing? I only see 2 people with a similar suggestion.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.