[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Stellaris Civ/RPG thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (132KB, 1920x818px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
132KB, 1920x818px
Due to lack of interest, I am gonna try to start a new one!

You are a species who has just gained the ability of advanced space-travel, FTL jump and a unified planet! Based on choices, you lead your species across the cosmos to lay claim to new planets and resources! Will you be a peaceful nation? A martial nation? Will you trade your way to victory or spread the word of your god to all and integrate them into your society? The choice is yours! Join in and have fun leading your people!

First off, what is your archetype?
>Mammalian
>Reptilian
>Avian
>Molluscoid
>Arthropoid
>Fungoid
>>
>>144490
Reptilian master race
>>
>>144490
Fungoid claim
>>
We got 1 for Reptilian and 1 for Fungoid, we still have plenty of time today! I am here till 3 PM Massachusetts time and this may be just a creation thread today!
>>
>>144533
Reptilian
>>
>>144490
Reptilian!
>>
Gonna give it five more minutes for final decision. I wanna see if others vote for another majority, but it IS looking Reptilian!
>>
>>144490
There is not point in choosing another anymore. I pick Reptilian.
>>
You are a Reptilian race!

You may choose a picture OR make up your own race appearance!

http://www.stellariswiki.com/Species#Reptilian
>>
File: Reptilian_slender_01.png (69KB, 280x360px) Image search: [Google]
Reptilian_slender_01.png
69KB, 280x360px
>>144559
ayy lmao
>>
File: Reptilian_normal_09.png (136KB, 340x450px) Image search: [Google]
Reptilian_normal_09.png
136KB, 340x450px
>>144559
This one.
>>
File: image.gif (767KB, 127x189px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
767KB, 127x189px
>>144566
bump for lmao
>>
Standing at about 8'0 (2.4 m) tall, your species stands tall with a long neck and opaque and dark blue eyes and skin. You are hairless and your jaw extends into the back of your head giving you this permanent smile.

Now, what has your species referred to themselves as?
>>
>>144617
The Yay'omal
>>
>>144621
I like it, any one else? Will stick with this one if no one else!
>>
Damn...everyone's gone again...lol
>>
>>144621
approved
>>
>>144621

Sounds good.
>>
Your species has referred to themselves as the Yay'Omal since the ancient days of your people!

Now, you must pick two bad traits, but pick five in total! One will be marked with a ? that means it is both good and bad.

Positive:
>Adaptive (spend two for Extremely Adaptive)
>Agrarian
>Charismatic
>Communal
>Conformists
>Enduring (spend two points for Venerable)
>Industrious
>Intelligent
>Natural: Engineers, Physicists, Sociologists (pick one or a combination, your choice but they cost one each)
>Nomadic
>Quick Learners
>Rapid Breeders
>Resilient
>Strong (Spend two fro Very Strong)
>Talented
>Thrifty

Negative:
>Decadent
>Nonadaptive
>Repugnant (ugly)
>Sedentary? (can be both good and bad depending on how you explain it. If I like the context will be either good or bad)
>Slow Breeders
>Slow Learners
>Solitary
>Weak
>>
>>144704
>Charismatic
>Rapid Breeders
>Thrifty
>Nonadaptive
>Weak
>>
>>144704
Positives:
>Extremely Adaptive
>Rapid Breeders
Negatives:
>Slow Learners
>Solitary
>>
>>144714
>>144716
In three minutes, if no one else posts traits, roll a dice+1d6 in the options menu.
>>
>>144704
>Industrious
>Talented

>Slow Breeders
>Weak
>>
>>144731
you can pick one more positive trait but it looks like weak is consensus so far!
>>
>>144704
>>Charismatic
>Adaptive
>Intelligent

>Weak
>Slow Breeders

Going for thin men.
>>
I see Charismatic as a consensus as well as Weak! So we have Charismatic and Weak so far! I could pick the last one of each if we can come to on a positive trait! So far it's looking like we want some form of...I wouldn't say peaceful society but war isn't on the forefront of the society.
>>
>>144796
I'm worried that we may have to roll off on some stats.

I will change my vote some to back Rapid Breeders. We will be a race of bards. Solitary to be the weakness.
>>
>>144796
Personally I just want a cockroach-like race that multiply like rabbits, can live anywhere and is pretty hard to kill (though that last one is optional)
>>
There will be rolling in this game but not for stats.

Okay, so here are the traits I see people could like
>Charismatic
>Rapid Breeders
>Adaptive
>Weak
>Solitary

Everyone cool with that? The traits are just how you and others will react your fledgling space empire.
>>
>>144837

That Sounds fine.
>>
This is all gonna add up to a long description. It's gonna describe appearance, traits, society etc and you will use this description when you make decisions.

Just a few more decisions! I felt like this was gonna be a creation thread today.

What kind of planet does your species live on?
>Continental
>Ocean
>Arctic
>Tundra
>Arid
>Desert
>Tropical
>>
>>144837
That is satisfactory.
>>
>>144882
>Tropical
>>
>>144882
Continental
>>
>>144882

Tropical
>>
Tropical it is!

Now, Choose two the first you choose is your major societal trait and the other is your minor. When you choose two, the formula from the game determines what your government will be like across your empire. Certain ones don't go together and I will pair up the opposites.

>Militarist
>Pacifist

>Xenophobe
>Xenophile

>Individualist
>Collectivist

>Materialist
>Spiritualist
>>
>>144956
>Xenophile
>Pacifist
>Individualist
>Spiritualist
>>
>>144974
Just two. The major one is your "fanatical" trait the other is your normal.
>>
>>144976
Oh, okay.
>Xenophile
>Spiritualist
>>
>>144956
>Xenophile
>Individualist
>>
Fanatical Xenophile is definitely up there so far! Need votes on a few more normal societal traits. Just pick one now.
>>
>>145033
Voting for Individualist to speed things up.
>>
I also find it funny that as a species you are solitary, but as a society you are xenophilic...kek
>>
>>145041
When you're a solitary race, sometimes you get curious really hard.
>>
So Xenophilic Individualist it is! I'll speed creation up a bit by adding in multiple parts on this one.

So you have two choices: Indirect Democracy or Plutocratic Oligarchy.

Name your Empire and Planet

Your starting weapons (choose one): Projectile Weapons (weak against armor plating, strong against point-defenses), Energy Weapons (weak against shields and "force-fields" strong against armor plating), Missile Weapons: (weak against automated "point defenses", strong against shields and force-fields)

FTL method: Warp Drive (free but relatively slow travel across the cosmos using a subspace bubble)

Hyperspace: (fast but connected to a "hyperlane network" that you can only travel on.

Wormhole: (able to travel incredible distances but is slow and requires "terminals" to use in space.)

Pretty much for these three choices, pick one: Free movement, Fast movement, Great distances.
>>
>>145093
>Govt
Plutocratic Oligarchy
>Empire name
Iseaxudor Empire
>Planet
Neris
>Starting Weapon
Projectile
>Travel
FTL method: Warp Drive
>>
>>145093
Indirect Democracy
Energy Weapons
Wormhole
>>
>>145145
Iseaxudor Empire
Neris
>>
both of you roll a dice+1d10 in the options section.
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>145182
>>
>>145186
d100 works too lol
>>
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>145182
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>145189
Oops, sorry. Wrong roll.
>>
>>145197
We'll just go with the d100 because you both rolled it! SO, now I need some time to type up a backstory for your species. MAYBE we can fit in an event. I will try.
>>
What do you think, other Anon? I'm terrible with backstories.
>>
>>145215
Who me? What do you want from me?
>>
>>145222
Yes. I need a backstory.
>>
I'll write something out.
>>
This is gonna be your, I guess "character sheet" you will use this to consult your species and what you own and don't own. Will write story now.

Name: Yay’omal, Plural: Yay’omali Adjective: Yay’omal
Planet: Neris
Star System: Binor
Type: Reptilian
Empire Name: Iseaxudor Empire
Government type and philosophy: Plutocratic Oligarchy, Fanatical Xenophilic Individualists.
FTL Method: Warp Drive
Starting/Preferred Weapons: Projectile Mass Drivers
Traits: Charismatic, Adaptive, Rapid Breeders, Weak, Solitary

Starting vehicles:

1 Science Vessel (capable of exploration, surveying, building observation posts, researching anomalies and communicating with alien species.) Cost and Upkeep: 1 Mineral, 0.5 Energy

1 Construction Vessel (capable of building mining stations, military and defense stations, colony stations←(used to colonize planets), and terraforming stations.) Cost and Upkeep: 1 Mineral, 0.5 Energy

3 Small class military vessels equipped with lvl.1 Mass Drivers (as they sound, they are your first military fleet.) Cost and Upkeep: 2 Minerals each, 1 Energy

Resources: Energy (used to keep your vehicles and stations running, also your intergalactic currency.) 6
Minerals: (your resources needed for construction.) 12
Influence: (works dynamically. As you accomplish events, do great deeds, discover new species, planets, biology etc, winning wars, creating alliances and federations, treating subordinates fairly or quashing rebellions, this will rise and fall depending on your actions. Since you JUST found space-travel and FTL your influence starts at Insignificant.)

Technology: When you choose “Research and Development,” you gain +5 to any event roll and these only rise upward but can only be gained by researching and discovering new technologies.

Physics: +5
Society:+5
Engineering: +5

Directly owned Planets: 1 out of 5 (can raise cap limit with influence)
>>
You, are the Yay'omal. A reptilian race of traders and merchants whose society has grown around the idea of "personal wealth means power" and as such your leaders are incredibly wealthy individuals.

You are hairless but instead are covered in semi-translucent scales that range from blue to green to even black and all the colors in between. Your eyes are opaque and have no pupils but your vision isn't lacking, because of these eyes your people could see in the dark which helped significantly on the jungle world they lived on. A world FILLED with perils both small and large but somehow, through sheer adaptability, managed to carve out an existence among the dangers of the rainforests and jungles. Some of your people live high in the mountains while others choose a more coastal existence but 80% of your planet is pure vegetation. In order to combat the rampant death caused by the strange diseases, your people evolved rapid breeding cycles but as a result, your people are prone to weaker constitutions than most. Your world was inhabited by "clusters" of tribes scattered across Neris, and the only preferred communication your people enjoyed was trade agreements which gave them a natural knack for linguistics and speech.

Thousands of years later, your people created the "Mass Driver" a weapon capable of taking the most ordinary object and launching at near light speed. At the same time, your people found the ability to "crunch" space and time through sub-space bubbles and created FTL travel! The Yay'omal naturally accept the idea of other life out there as they know of the crazy dangers on their own home-world couldn't possibly be the ONLY life here.

Now, your people look to the skies, hoping that out there, there are other sentient beings for which your kind can trade and prosper with!

Your spaceport is completed, your fleet, ready for orders, what shall you do?

And I leave you here with these choices until tomorrow!

A:Survey
B:Explore
C:Build
D:Politics
>>
>>145312
>A:Survey
Thanks for running, though.
>>
No problem! I am happy to have gotten character creation done! Let's keep this going! If I am not here tomorrow, I will be here Thursday for sure!
>>
This looks cool. New joiners are acceptable, I hope?
>>
>>145410
Yes
>>
>>145312
A:Survey

Once we have explored, and exploited, our own system we will start expanding, agreed?
>>
>>145312
Politics
>>
>>144490
My confederacy is too big that it's taking literally forever to just finish one thing since my computer can't handle all of the orders. so... while I'm waiting, Reptilian master race
>>
>>146901
So, I will be here all day tomorrow (it's 5:30 AM Massachusetts time as I write this) I can be on until 10 maybe 11 AM but we'll see how it goes!
>>
>>145410
Also, anyone is welcome to join!
>>
>>147911
Okay.
>>
>>147928
If you read the whole thread, you'll get an idea of how our species is as a singular individual to a society. I wanted to write more back-story but A: I had to leave as I was writing and B: I left it a little open-ended to leave room for other people to add in. So far, it looks like two for survey, but let's see if more people join.
>>
I am still here if any one is back or wants to join up!
>>
>>144490
Better do something like evo games.
3 different nations + map of galaxy.
>>
Survey sounds like a good plan to me.
>>
>>148679
I liked the Civ Tundra quest a LOT more to be honest.
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

Rolling for home star-system survey!

Your science vessel, the YIC Olm'kolar is being stocked and ready to go, the crowds gather around to watch the maiden voyage of the first vessel to go out and fully explore Binor. Your team of xeno-biologists, archaeologists, engineers, physicists and sociologists board the ship.

The crowds are cheering
The crew in the ship feels nervous
"What wonders do you think we'll find out in Binor?" asks one of the team members.
"Whatever it is, I hope it will benefit us in some way."
"May our ancestors guide us." whispers one of the sociologists (someone who seems to be on the fence about faith.)
"I've never felt this tense in all my life, and I attended Kra'tishir University!" a biologist quips, he tries to make light of the situation
>>
>>148760
Source?
>>
>>148782
https://yuki.la/tg/47185065

Like this, keep in mind I am not as proficient as a writer, but I like the idea a lot!
>>
Hey, I will be on tomorrow around 9 AM
>>
>>150539
Massachusetts time
>>
I am now back! If any one would like to join at all please do! The Yay'omal have launched into space for a survey expedition and you guys got an 81 out of 100 roll! I would love to keep this going as soon as more people join in!
>>
>>153433
So you are here?

>>150586
I know man from Boston, Massachusetts
>>
>>153473
Yes sir. Just waiting for even ONE more active person!
>>
>>153481
Yo.
>>
Nice! Alright so while I am typing this up, you guys should read about your species above and the stats list. Just to get an idea and to do something to pass the time.
>>
It's been one month since the maiden launch into Binor. The first planet you explore is, well, not a planet but one of your two moons named Darakun, after an ancient deity of fertility. Your science team touches down with minimal issue and begin the exploration of the moon...

"What do you think we'll find up here? It's been 120 years since we were last up here and all we found was dust, rocks and nothing more." asks the sociologist.
"Honestly, I share your convictions. I feel like we're gonna find nothi--"
"HEY, OVER HERE!! I think I found something!!" yells out one of the engineers.
"You were digging for about five minutes and you say you found something?!" Doubtful, the biologist walks up to it casually and proceeds to touch it only to be sent flying back by an electrofield. "What was THAT?! IT NEARLY KILLED ME!!!" "You're still alive, right?" asks the archaeologist.

"BARELY!!! Let's just...see if we can figure this out! Whatever it is, it doesn't belong to us!"

Hour after hour, they sat there and tried everything they could think of to open the small, black, metallic box. Right before giving up, the archaeologist looks up as if he had just seen his ancestors in front of him. "It's a voice command prompt!"
"And just HOW do you know this? We just found what could be alien technology, probably dangerous! Even IF we could deactivate the shield, do you honestly think that it may not contain something very dangerous?" asks the biologist. Clearly, he is beginning to dig into everyone's skin by this point. "Will you just SHUT UP?!! Not once did I hear you say ANYTHING positive about ANYBODY or anything!!! So do us all a favor and shut up while I figure this out!" the archaeologist bellows out. The biologist clearly concedes to him and sits out, crossing his arms. "Now theeeen, the reason I know this is because you remember that expedition? Out in the Galan Valley? Well, we found some AMAZING structures of the people that used to live there and on the wall was a BUNCH of carvings and among them were these strange looking beings standing above what is I think our primitive cousins! All the boxes were colored black and when we managed to decipher the Proto-language, we found it said something about "Seek the moon, see the stars."
"Where are you going with this?" asks the engineer.
"Hold on, I am getting to that! Also on the murals were strange carvings we found out to be the interpretation of what our ancestors thought to be planets and stars! We could NEVER figure out what any of that meant...until RIGHT now!"
"Soooo...we figure out the word for planet, we open the box?"
"No, not at all...watch."
"Yay'omal." The archaeologist says aloud and clearly.
The box makes a small powering down sound and opens on its own.
As soon as it opens a projection flies out, it shows all the planets and also shows detailed records of resources and life! We have found LIFE!!!
>>
The entire world is abuzz with this news! "Who were they? Where did they come from? How did they find us? Did they uplift us?" Thousands of unanswered questions but one with an answer. There is now indisputable proof of life on other planets! Not only that, but now we have detailed records of EVERY planet in Binor! The survey team are considered heroes in the field of science!

Now that exploring your own galaxy has become unnecessary, what shall you do next?

>A: Explore
>B: Research and Development
>C: Politics
>D: Building
>>
>>153523
>>B: Research and Development
>>
>>153527
This.
>>
While the team from Darakun are busy being showered with accolades and interviews on the planetary networks, your other teams of scientists are busy working as hard as they can to create better technologies in their field.

What should you focus on first?
>A: Physics
>B: Society
>C: Engineering
>D: Attempt to learn more about The Black Box
>>
>>153542
>D: Attempt to learn more about The Black Box
>>
>>153544
this
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

After the team of scientists are done being celebrities for a couple of months, they are assigned by the Directorate to work on their new found discovery...
>>
>>153542
Focus on (genetic) engineering. I want our guys to be tougher (not necessarily stronger).
>>
>>153562
I tried to think of three REALLY vague scientific categories that would encompass most if not all scientific fields. It's looking to me that people want to figure out more about this strange mysterious box...after I step out for a "Health and Wellness Stick"
>>
>>153562
Forgot my reasoning:
We WILL soon (at our first contact) come into contact with foreign bacteria/viruses/parasites and also perhaps hostile aliens/difficulties at first contact. We want to survive all that.
>>
The team that has discovered the black box has been spending DAYS logging and categorizing all the info in the box. The "Ancients" as they have been now publicly called, have managed to install a translator; they wanted you find this.

Across Binor are mineral-rich planets and the two gas giants, Ficash and Gozjix have powerful energy currents that can be harnessed by mining stations.
Also found in the logs are planets of strange climates and geological anomalies that your science teams can build research stations upon.
Another strange thing to show up however, is another riddle:
"Find the Worm, find the box."

Stats:
5 planets have Minerals
2 have Energy
3 have Research boosters
1 Anomaly (Riddle)

What shall you do next:
>A: Explore
>B: Build
>C: Research and Development
>D: Politics
>E: Other (come up with something)
>>
>>153584
Build research stations on the planets with boosters and beginn researching genetic engineering. Plz dont push first contact without first thinking about all the sicknesses we might catch.
>>
Rolled 99 (1d100)

Your science vessel takes off equipped with small colonization necessities for a research team, they are going out to Xurinzaga, where the box has shown incredibly strange geological features, which may have NOT been naturally made.

Good song to listen to while thinking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqzI6DVbFGQ
>>
Xurinzaga comes into view on your scanners, from the information gathered about the planet, it is an arid world of dusty plains, mesas and canyons. Forests CAN be found in the more temperate polar regions but from what you can gather, the vegetation would be scarce, it would be best to equip oxygen masks, just in case.

As you slowly enter the planet's orbit, you can see what the box is talking about. Even from space, the structures are MASSIVE, standing up hundreds of feet tall and hundreds of feet wide each, they almost look like natural spires...until further inspection.

These spires are artificial!!!

As you land on the planet's surface, you can see all manners of strange creatures scurrying about. They seem no bigger than a capybara but are scaly and horned with purple-ish skin. They all scatter away as you touch down. Coming out of the ship, you see the full scope of one these structures in place, it puts you in awe.

Do you:
>A: explore the spire in front of you
>B: continue on
>C: Try to find one of the strange creatures
>D: set up a base of operations before exploring
>E: Other
>>
>>153671
>A: explore the spire in front of you
>>
>>153671
OMGWTFBBQ. WE SENT A MANNED MSSION DIRECTLY INTO THIS GIANT POOL OF BIOHAZARDS? I was thinking about space stations that handles everything via drones.
>>
>>153711
Keep in mind, you know that isn't poisonous thanks to the box. The box has given you all info on planets because of dope event rolls. Out of orbit buildings are mining stations, research headquarters for the area. Pretty much any incredibly large vessel capable of housing many people and structures....I guess Nostromo is a good example, a smaller Citadel (Mass Effect if you would.) Space stations and shit. This is the last event I write before I gotta go.
>>
You enter the giant archway leading into the spire.

Inside is of course nothing but damaged machinery and dust that extends for at least a mile upward. Sighing, the explorer knows that the automated hyper-sleep chambers will eject soon along with the rest of the team, you drew the short straw for initial surveying of the surrounding area.

Spending hours inside, you find that amazingly, it's in your OWN language! You manage to find a console that isn't completely shattered and brush the dust off. You look around for a switch to turn it on but nothing. You scan the immediate area and find a large toggle which you flip up. Amazingly, all power comes on!

You see a star-date on the screen before it boots up. (31.000 BCE) "My god" you whisper under your breath. These spires have been here for over 33,000 years, maybe more! Then, you hear the familiar voices of the team and crew off in the distance. Entranced by this machinery, you discover that these spires were terraformers! Apparently whoever was here wanted to colonize...if only you knew WHO or why they were here and why they left these here...
>>
space cadet you said you were a part of tundra quest?
>>
>>154650
Yes! I was The New Guy. I lost track of what was happening so I just kinda...gave up lol
>>
>>157805
I was the Centurion
>>
>>157874
Aaaaaawh sheet! I wanted to continue but every time I jumped in, I was always WAAAAY behind
>>
>>157946
he's from Bulgaria from my experience he starts around noon on eastern time
>>
>>157960
Well, I would love to continue this, I just want to wait for one or two more people!
>>
>>157963
I'm here for 3 hours then ill be busy for 1
>>
>>157966
Have you played this video game yet? It's absolutely amazing, but I warn all, it's not for those who give up easily when shit goes wrong.
>>
>>157983
I just started a new game 2 dozen races small elliptical galaxy as humans
>>
>>157985
I feel like you get super crowded in with that many people. I like to do the large galaxies so you feel like you have room to explore and expand.
>>
Plenty of spots open to all! I am here for a good part of the day!
>>
As of right now, you guys are on a planet in your star-system. You are gonna be working on discovering more on this planet. All are welcome!
>>
>>158278
I'm here if you still are
>>157996
What game?
>>
>>158760
stellaris
>>
>>158760
Yes I am! However, I will be back in about a half-hour, hour or so! I need to eat and go do some quick errands real quickly.
>>
I have returned! Just let me know if you are here now!
>>
>>158910
hello
>>
>>158939
We'll just start with you for now I guess. Hope more people come in.

You're team approaches you,
"What's going on over here? We wake up and see these mile high spires and we find you here staring at this computer." one of the other members asks.
"Well, I found the power switch, if you can call it that and when I turned it on, this one computer came on. The date that was last logged is 31.000 BCE. These were terra-forming stations used by whoever was last here. I don't know why they left, what went wrong or who they even were! All I know is that these were here before we found out how to even make tools and farm!"

What do you and your team do next?
>A: Explore more of this spire
>B: Try to fix the other computers
>C: Send more of the team out to survey
>D: Other
>>
>>158980
C. Send team to survey
>>
Looking for ONE more person.
>>
>>158980
>B: Try to fix the other computers
Lets restart the terraforming process. We want many different climate regions for our biological and genetical studies.
>>
Rolled 54, 55 = 109 (2d100)

We'll do both to keep things moving.

doing two dice rolls at once for both.
>>
"Maybe we should go check out the area around our new home. Make sure there isn't anything....dangerous." says a biologist
"Agreed. It'll be no use to us to live in a place we'll die in the next day. I'll go with her." the man that says this is your captain of the guard, Xorthihe'tel Zur. He isn't that well-built, but what he lacks in brute strength, he makes up for in a keen eye and even keener senses.

"Alright sounds good." says the engineer. "I'll stay back here and try to fix these computers. Maybe we'll get these ancient structures working again."

This arid climate does prove difficult to move and breathe in considering you're kind are used to more tropical climates but you do have oxygen masks until you get back to home base. You're science vessel is going to stay here for one month while this team unpacks and prepares for their long stay to research everything about this planet.

Xorthihe'tel and the biologist move further out amidst the spires and windy mesa. You encounter more of these strange, purple creatures as well. They seem to roll up and move quickly like a ball. Covered in coarse fur, they almost resemble pigs but hairier, they also seem harmless and would make great domesticated pets, which would sell for a lot on the home planet.

Back at the computer hall, your engineer manages to repair a few of the consoles still intact. What he finds out is astonishing.
Inside these consoles are detailed logs and updates to the terra-forming colony, but a lot of it is still too corrupted. You managed to find out that they were very close to figuring out how to stabilize the lack of clouds, but nothing after that.
Gain +1 to Engineering and Society Research

What do you do next:
>A: continue to research the spire
>B: continue research of planet surface
>C: start development of research station
>D: return to home planet events
>>
>>159356
B. Go explore some more.
>>
>>159376
Supporting. But remain cautious, sth must have killed our ancestors.
>>
>>159376
>>159438
I'll third that
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>159438
Xorthihe'tel and the biologist come upon a large cavern, big enough to house the ship. Both you and the biologist decide to delve deeper...
>>
>>159498
aaaawh shit. Gonna go out for a smoke real quick and think of something sweet to give you guys. Been crushing it on the event rolls.
>>
File: lizard-squad-analysis-4.png (161KB, 452x652px) Image search: [Google]
lizard-squad-analysis-4.png
161KB, 452x652px
>>159498
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_F5ngUq7E0

It seems likes miles of nothing but barren cave until you find yourself inside a incredibly large room.

The ranger turns on his luminescence orb and launches it upward granting light to the whole room...you are stunned by what you find.

Inside is a large assortment of lab equipment, empty life-pods, consoles...and another ship. You look up and see that whoever put this here had carved out a port-hole in the top of this cave. The ship appears to also be a sort of make-shift research station from the outside. Whoever was here, was doing more than just terra-forming. This whole part of the region looks to have been a research colony thousands of years before...

What do you do next:
>A: go back to the spire
>B: explore the cave
>C: report findings back to crew
>D: start development of research colony
>E: other
>>
>>159561
C
>>
>>159572
Seconded
>>
Almost out of breath, the two of you come sprinting back to the team.
"You...guys.....won't believe....what we found..." sighs the biologist.
"A whole lab, with a ship inside! There was this cave, about two miles long inward, when we found the opening, there was all this lab stuff and inside was a derelict space-craft. Possibly a research vessel. Far more advanced than anything we've seen, looks like it touched down yesterday judging by the looks of it!"

"Wow....all this in a matter of 24 hours!" says the engineer excitedly. "We should rest up, take shifts on guard duty, just in case."

The team spends days scouring the mesa they landed on, searching through the ship and archives. You find loads of new information about the colony originally here, how they attempted the terra-forming, keeping logs on indigenous species and the like...but one thing captures the biologist's attention. One biological entry talks about a "Krelk-na-Zahr" an indigenous, predatory giant maw, about 300 feet in length. This team managed to find one of its eggs and captured it. You look around and see the glass container it's in...

What do you do next?
>A: Keep the worm at the base, research it more here.
>B: send it back with the science vessel for the academies.
>C: start development of research colony
>D: continue research of the lab and spire
>E: other
>>
>>159610
>A: Keep the worm at the base, research it more here.

If it escapes, I don't want it on our home-world where it could cause serious damage to our people. Here at least the damage can be more effectively minimized.
>>
>>159610
E. Study the egg closely. What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>159688
oh, it's actually A.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d100)

Rolling for worm egg. It's just an egg...right?
>>
>>159709
Clearly, this low roll was the egg rolling against us!
>>
Here now! Let me know if you are interested!
>>
>>161787
ye
>>
Let's see if we can get one more person!
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.