[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Primarch Quest 0.5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 10

File: Malcador_the_Sigillite.jpg (22KB, 250x458px) Image search: [Google]
Malcador_the_Sigillite.jpg
22KB, 250x458px
So far we have assembled around a dozen primarchs as Malcador and the Emperor debate about how to properly raise children. So far the debate seems to lead towards raising them each slightly differently, but all knowing that The Emperor is their father.

So far we have 12 primarchs each with individual back stories.
and one ork primarch
Eight more are needed to run the quest.

The Primarchs generation has been protected from Chaos by a combination of Gellar Fields, Faraday Cages, Tracking Beacons and genetic augmentation. Plus the Blank primarch being in the center of the other primarchs. And it being guarded by sisters of silence.

There are some choices that must be made now.

One choice is unknown and will come later tonight.

Due to your diligence in warding chaos, the Emperor and Malcador have time to focus on other threats in the galaxy, which threat should you focus on dealing with first in your great crusade.

> Eldar
> Ork
> Necron
> Tyranid
>> Double Efforts against Chaos
>>
>>1443042
Link to previous thread: >>1400761

I'd archive it, but I don't know what you'd want me to put for the description and tags.

>>1443042
>>> Double Efforts against Chaos
Chaos ruined everything, let's keep them from doing that.
>>
>>1443077
Thank you buddy. I will Archive it and put in the tags.
>>
>>1443092
You're welcome.

Should I post the last thread's progress report or should we wait to resolve the prompt first?
>>
Old thread archived at http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1400761/
>>1443184
A progress report would be nice.

Also it is time for a non optional mystery box.

One of these must be chosen-- and only one. Choose wisely.

>> Crude Metal Bawks
>> Elegant Ivory Box
>> Gnarled Ebony Box
>> Simple Ceramic Box
>> Glowing Titanium Box
>>
>>1443233
Great.

>>1443233
>Also it is time for a non optional mystery box.
>>> Crude Metal Bawks
Are these mystery boxes for our vehicles? Not my vote by the way.

Connection Error is forcing me to modify my posts.
>>
>>1443233
>> Glowing Titanium Box

>>1443042
>> Double Efforts against Chaos
>>
>>1443233
ebony box
re-re stating a few idea I had
Imperial German Tank/artillery commander
gold age of piracy void space commander
Roman fort / infrasturcture builder
ottoman fort taker
Franco-british arthurian Inspiring commander and super loyal dude born in wrong era for knights
Summerian code of laws dude
>>
>>1443387
also double effort against chaos
>>
>>1443387
>>1443360
>>1443077
Double effort against chaos has been selected. Seems like a good idea.

No consensus on non optional mystery box yet.

>>1443387
Pick two, leave one for spare development Write more about them.
>>
>>1443387
Roman fort / infrasturcture builder
ottoman fort taker

Already have my fucks who do it.
>>
>>1443631
not really a writer. uhhhh i think the pirate and roman dude would be important. as is the seige expert. dropping the fraco-british and summerian dudes I guess. Imperial German dude would be cool but we already have abunch of ground commanders.
if another anon wnats to expand good fucking nuts Im just thinking outloud here
>>
>>1443647
Pirate and Roman it is.

If you wish I can write in on it. I can also do some more work and develop extra primarchs to help you guys out.
>>
>>1444108
I'm honestly waiting to see the other guy bring over and say about the Primarch's I suggested and what they are 'listed' as suddenly.
>>
>>1443233
>>1423203
LAST TIME ON PRIMARCHS QUEST

Progress Report:
The Primarchs will be divided into three camps to prevent hiveminding and gridlocks. Details on what these camps are haven't been agreed upon.
>>1412248
All Primarchs start with the same net value, this net value can change after creation.
>>1415785
Thanks to the efforts of 20 anons, the 20 Primarchs will not be stolen away. How the Primarchs will be raised hasn't been agreed upon. We’ve agreed on certain implants and devices for the Primarchs’ safety.
>>1403387
>>1404245
Each Primarch effectively represents the epitome of their field and are intended to either advance it in their own ways, or provide the means to do so.
>>1402364
We are all effectively voices in Malcador the Sigillite's head giving suggestions to the God-Emperor of Mankind.

Would you also like me to post the list of Primarchs, or after these two prompts?
>>
>>1443233
>>1444127
The Connection Errors blocked me from making a big enough post for a while until I used the "Post a Reply" option at the top of the page.

Which anon were you from the discussion last thread?

>>1443233
>>1443354
>>> Glowing Titanium Box
Sounds Necron-y, if they're vehicles.
>>
>>1444201
in the intrest of keeping this alive ill go with the glowing titanium box for 500 alex
>>
>>1448940
I concur
>>
>>1443233
>>1444127
>>1444186
Oh wait, the Primarchs list would be a part of the progress report from the last thread, so I’ll go ahead and post that. Seems like the discussion will bottleneck otherwise.

>>1443631
>>1448940
>>1449848
So with these two votes, that makes the >> Glowing Titanium Box an unanimous consensus so far.
>>
>>1450137
>>1423203
Current list of Primarchs, sorted by when they were discussed and spaced in groups of five:

Warning: Contents not sanitized.

Apothecary – Super Apothecary. Hasn’t been detailed.
Face - A combination of team spirit and diplomat. Acts as both the face for any team members and factions without their own diplomats. Prevents people from bullying each other. Elements of Sanguinius, Horus Lupercal, and Vulkan.
Wildcard – One of the experimental Primarchs, intended to stack the most drawbacks and advantages within its theme. Has elements of Cegorath and Jaghatai Khan. Currently I’m taking over design of this Primarch.
Blacksmith – Ferrus Manus + Vulkan, primarily crafts custom items for the Imperium and may work in construction projects in his spare time. Occasionally collabs with the Builder Primarch for projects. Takes the maximum strength and size value up until the threshold where it’d compromise his dexterity. FUCKHUEG.
Blank – Konrad Curze + Corvus Corax, master of fear and stealth and acts as a spymaster. Combines his skills with his blank abilities to make people shit themselves on sight. IS THE NIGHT. Operates anti-Warp hunter-killer teams with the Librarian Primarch. Has an element of Lion El'Jonson.

Strategist – Has Aztec aesthetics, raised by the God-Emperor of Mankind. Premade Primarch by the QM. Focuses on the big picture. Logistician Primarch is his coworker.
Librarian – Byzantine Magnus the Red, Super Librarian. Lover of books and scrolls, does archaeology in his spare time. Expunges dangerous records for public consumption SCP-style, gets rid of memetic bullshit. Keeper of KNAWLEDGE. Helps advance culture and guides the psykers into being collectively less insane and volatile. Operates anti-Warp hunter-killer teams with the Blank Primarch. Elements of Lion El'Jonson and Lorgar Aurelian.
Builder – Perturabo + Rogal Dorn, master of construction and destruction. Specializes in siege warfare and reconstruction efforts. May fortify his position and build impenetrable fortresses in his spare time, daring people to attack them. Occasionally collabs with Blacksmith Primarch for projects, and the Logistician Primarch in his duties. An element of Roboute Guilliman.
Logistician – Roboute Guilliman + Malcador the Sigillite. Handles all the administrative, financial, and boring stuff for the Imperium, keeps the lifeblood of the Imperium flowing. Calculates all the long-term effects of the Imperium’s actions and works with the Adeptus Administratum. May cancel your toilet paper shipments if you shit the bed. Occasionally collabs with the Builder Primarch in his duties. Strategist Primarch is his coworker. Elements of Rogal Dorn and Perturabo.
Shadower – "The Unseen" Primarch. Shadows other Primarchs and provides a guiding hand when needed. May secretly Inquisition people, reminiscent of Big Brother. Another anon is detailing this Primarch.

Continued in 2nd Primarch list post.
>>
>>1450154
I'm honestly confused where the 2-3 I listed are in that.
>>
>>1443387
>gold age of piracy void space commander
We don't have a naval Primarch so far, so this shows one of the most promise out of your list. The most interesting parts about this Primarch would be that it would enable us to salvage more tech from defeated more ships, and possibly capture some working examples to replicate. The other parts is that this would naturally make fleets trained under the Pirate Primarch's command more self-sustainable in the event of being separated by the Warp and extend their exploration range. His experience would lend him to being more able to counter troublesome raids which seem to be the most common types of naval battles.
There wasn't any naval-orientated Primarchs in the original timeline either, so this'll help plug any gaps to securing our supply lines.

>>1443387
>Summerian code of laws dude
Interesting. There weren't any Primarchs in the original timeline that dealt with the legal side of matters, and after the Horus Heresy the law code degenerated into a Byzantine mess. So I'm guessing this guy's a combination of a legislator and judge, what else does he do?

>>1450182
What were your original suggestions?
>>
>>1450145
>>1423236
2nd Primarch list post:

Warning: Contents not sanitized.

Soul Guide – Guides the dead so that they may rest in peace. Acts as a medium, and effectively acts as a living spirit stone. Interrogates enemy souls and holds a medium’s relic. Has the honor of protecting the Imperium of Man’s virgin souls from being raped by the Warp. Domain over the dead makes him the best at cockblocking sacrificial rituals and soul leeches. May work as a funeral director in his spare time.
Endgame is reinstate the cycle of reincarnation, allow the creation of more Perpetuals, and preventing humanity’s souls from being lost to the Warp. The most detailed Primarch thus far, and is being detailed by another anon.

Guardsman – Super Guardsman. Job is to make all the normal humans as potent as possible and by extension open up the recruitment pools for Space Marines. One of the most normal Primarchs, helps connect with the common man through his experiences. Trains up TACTICAL GENIUSES and HEROES OF THE IMPERIUM. Helps organize cross-training with other branches. Works with the Apothecary Primarch to reduce the casualty rates and increase the recruitment rates for Space Marine conversion.
Endgame is potentially allow regular humans to become Space Marines past puberty, and make normal humans as potent as Space Marines.

That’s about all the Primarchs that were discussed from last thread.
>>
>>1450188
The Siege guy, Who keeps suddenly having different names and I listed 2 others? A hot headed Shock and Awe guy and another.
>>
Alright. Good work.

Here is a quick brief on my guy.

Aztec Strategist: First primarch of the emperor, and hand raised by him. He focuses on the goals of his father and how to obtain them through military force and conquest, but he works constantly to make sure that his will is done. He works well with all his brothers, especially the unseen and the logistics primarch, but he can seem prone to mood swings. Additionally, he is ready to help any of his brothers, as he views them with highest esteem no matter their views compared to his. His military doctrine- as of this time- depends on what is most needed or what would work best with the current primarch set.

--

Secondarily I have made two contrasting primarchs, one can be added if we needed or can be assimilated into other primarchs for battle doctrine, style, or if we feel they are lacking in departments.

I will post one now, and if we need one later I will post it as well.

Spare primarch one:

Primarch [x] is not very stylish. He does not have aesthetic tastes, he has nothing really major about him. Hell, he is barely taller than a normal marine. This is just as he wants. This Marine, is the Operator Marine. He is not popular with his brothers. He is not his fathers favorite. He just wants whats best for humanity. This means that his combat doctrine is not glorious and honorable. He focuses on Surprise, Speed and Violence of Action. His tactics and doctrines focus on Special forces tactics, CQB, infiltration, covert operation, and long range destruction. This primarch wants to win as efficiently as possible, losing as few people as possible while eliminating as many enemies as humanly possible. He is also fond of using air assault and vehicle tactics. If he was a combination of primarchs it would be a combination of Alpharius and Corax.
>>
As for
>>1450188
>>1444108
>>1450306

If need be, I can fluff up ones a bit. I honestly favor the pirate and sumerian code guy and can do both for fluff. They both sound fun, and The Pirate Primarch, could be something quite well.

If we still need more, we can put in more from your list, if nobody else objects.

>>1444201
Glowing Titanium Box is chosen.
Doubling Efforts against Chaos is Chosen.

I am going to tell you this is already looking fun.
>>
Also: I am not sure if I pointed this out earlier in the previous thread, however I do feel it must be reiterated-- Nothing from the normal 40k verse is set into stone.

Depending on actions, there may not even be a heresy.

There may not be a council of Nikea.

There may not be a meeting of the Eldar and Perpetuals.

There may be something else that happens instead. There may be some black swan event that would not have even been dreamed up in the normal 40k universe.
>>
>>1450522
Yeah, makes sense. I'm mostly using the original Warhammer 40k for reference for things we should work on to prevent repeating the same mistakes. It's worked great so far for preventing child abduction by the Ruinous Powers.

>>1450306
Siege guy is effectively the Builder guy, he does both building and sieging. I listed him as the Builder guy since he does more than just sieging and I don't want him to end up like Perturabo.

>>1450306
>A hot headed Shock and Awe guy and another.
The other two I had to check back to confirm. The Shock and Awe Primarch wasn't included since unfortunately, there was not more than one person who discussed it last thread. The Empire Builder Primarch is effectively the Logistics Primarch, which I named as such because that's both a one-word name and they have similar focuses. Logistics Primarch covers what Roboute Guilliman did and was referenced as such.

>>1450145
>>1450201
Do note, this list of Primarchs is highly memetic and not fit for general consumption. The Primarch references are not to be taken at face value either, I just included it to make it easier to draw parallels. I'll likely scrub it down a fair amount for a subsequent revision and split up each post into five Primarchs each to fit content like endgame focuses.
>>
>>1450188
regarding hte law man I was think the dude who comes in after we take a planet and make the people there happy to be ruled. Basically put down a simple amd fair but rather harsh code of laws and then enforcing it uniformly. His legion can be disgined more for peacekeeping and garrison work than front line. They split into a chunk for each planet and then each squad splits into a swat team sort of thing. Sort of super arbites legion lead by a super arbites and judge and law maker
>>
Once I am off work tonight we will have another bit of choices and backstory. Get ready for some fun.
>>
>>1451006
Yeah, this works better than the original timeline’s Executioner Primarch, Leman Russ, with keeping the general order of the population rather than having to purge them all.

So that makes 14 Primarchs so far. We should try making each Primarch at least have some convertible utility in peace, or have a really good reason to make them entirely dedicated to war.

>>1443387
>>1450188
It's a bit of a shame the Pirate Primarch isn't specced for commanding the entire navy, but it's a good thing huge naval battles weren't really a thing in the original timeline.

>>1451310
Great.
>>
>>1451327
I mean yeah is his going to command the navvy doing navy stuff is his whole thing
>>
>>1450602
Who said anything about Empire building? I don't know why you also tried to put him as Logistics because those are 2 different things, Nor Why you seem to think his gonna be doing these jobs at the 'end' or anything. It was the Emperor's job to never let the Primarch's rule over humans but use the Primarch's as tools.

When you list them, Do not 'rename them' and put them 'together because it sounds' like something. Just list them, because I'm firmly against this whole 'all Primarches' need to be friends shit. It does not work, Look at Ferrus and Fulgrum.
>>
>>1451332
Doctrine-wise, I mean. He's best in piece-meal battles where he can selectively engage the enemy, not in conventional naval battles where they send their entire navies against each other. This could be mitigated if he gets an AI buddy to dictate some ludicrously large micros, but we haven’t made any plans for AI corruption yet.
>>
>>1451349
>Who said anything about Empire building?
>>1422717
>Some guy who is compassion and is more of an empire builder like girlyman,
Is this not what your suggestion was? If you wanted to make a clear suggestion, you should've stated it outright rather than having me dig through the archives myself to reference what you’ve barely mentioned.
>>1450306
>A hot headed Shock and Awe guy and another.
"And another" isn't really much to go by besides looking through the entire post for what seems like the guy you mentioned.

I'll respond to the other parts of your question once you clarify who you're actually talking about.

>>1451349
>When you list them, Do not 'rename them' and put them 'together because it sounds' like something.
Just so you know, nearly every Primarch in the list is a combination of other suggestions discussed before. It’s not a one-to-one replica of whoever you vaguely described. The names taken are either names that were previously used to refer to the Primarch, or as I originally wrote a part of a one-word naming scheme. That’s last part’s changed though because one guy wanted his Primarch to be specifically referred to as “Soul Guide.”
>>
>>1451392
just ingnore him he's mad and baiting
>>
>>1451392
I listed the suggestions rather clearly mate, It would be more of an Iron-Hands and Iron Warriors approch to warfare. At no point did I state the siege to be that. I fucked up that post, I meant the Girlyman type being the Third I recommended actually but seems I was typing in a hurry.

Siege man, A Combination of Iron Warriors and Iron Hands. A slow methodical force of heavy hitters useful in sieges and combat warfare. Cold logic, Who cares about civilians and things of that nature?

The Shock and awe guy who was a firey hot head but could be brought to cool temperature's with proper cold Logic. As long as he does his job and gets to make a show of it he enjoys it none the less.

Never had a name for this guy, This is the girlymanish/Sanguines guy to counter the 'other' face and work between the other groups that will form and these two outsiders, So to speak.

I seemed to have typed these in a rush and if/when QM accepts them. I'll properly flush them out more.

>>1451409
Or I'm actually typing a reply, and not realizing how badly I butchered the posts in the past because of it being a speed type. Some of us post via phone on our lunch breaks mate.
>>
>>1451411
>I listed the suggestions rather clearly mate,
That's referring to the Empire Builder Primarch, every other suggestion you named was easy enough to find.
>>1451411
>I fucked up that post, I meant the Girlyman type being the Third I recommended actually but seems I was typing in a hurry.
That's fine, it happens.

>>1451411
>At no point did I state the siege to be that.
The original majority vote sounded like they wanted the Builder Primarch to be capable of doing that sort of stuff. The votes wanted them to be capable of doing both within one Primarch, so I had it listed as being able to do both. Your vote was considered to give it a Siege-related focus in war.
>>1451411
>Siege man, A Combination of Iron Warriors and Iron Hands.
You mean Imperial Fists, right? Those were the two Primarchs with siege-related focuses. Iron Hands was the mechanized warfare legion.
Otherwise, yeah, because having a Primarch who could do both sounded like something a Siege/Builder Primarch should be capable of, building fortifications lends into being able to dismantle them. If you read up on Perturabo and Rogal Dorn’s lore, their focuses were essentially two sides of the same coin.

>>1451349
>I don't know why you also tried to put him as Logistics because those are 2 different things,
So your original suggestion was a Roboute Guilliman-like character, if you read up on his lore his Primarch's focus is actually logistics, but the utilities of that focus extends into empire building.
This is disregarding Games Workshop's favoritism that subsequently, somehow made him more perfect at doing stuff than Fulgrim was, who actually had "perfection" as his Primarch focus.

>>1451411
>I seemed to have typed these in a rush and if/when QM accepts them. I'll properly flush them out more.
That'd be great. The more a Primarch is detailed and given support for, the more whatever characteristics were written will be retained.

At the time I wrote the list, aspects of Primarchs that could fit well together were merged because that’s what the consensus seemed to be. I wasn't sure how much space we'd have for any other good ideas, so compressing them also seemed like a good idea at the time.

>>1451411
>Some of us post via phone on our lunch breaks mate.
Typing on phones is a pain. Do you use a word processor before submitting your posts, or do you type them all out in one batch?

>>1451409
Thanks for the consideration, but he seemed cooperative from previous discussions.
>>
>>1451508
My apologizes then, Due to the whole renaming of things. I actually didn't know where, what suggested fell. So that's more on on me.

Anon's voted for a different Primarch? To be a builder unless i'm misreading how the former thread was. Its a shame none are here.

Actually no, I meant a Iron Warriors/Hands Primarch because he was to also slip into the role the Hands had during the Crusade and HH. I tend to class the Iron Warriors as the better Siege/Fort guys then Imperial Fists. Rather biased, But it seemed they did the job better if you exclude the number of 'civilians' caught in the cross fire.

My Original suggestion was actually the Iron Hands/Warriors guy, My THIRD suggestion was the Guilliman-Esk like char, for the other two. as Stated I believe we need to have the Primarch's fall into certain groups because otherwises we have a greater chance of a HH happening. I could be wrong, But I'd rather have infighting and buffer then just risking it all. Also fuck new age girlyman.

I do ask that the ones I listed not just end up squished, because they were accepted as non-squished. Also, hoping these other 2 get accepted just so we can fill shit in. These threads last awhile and jesus still short.

1 Batch, quicker that way and why I don't green like you do.
>>
File: 2c2nsmkj7.jpg (88KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
2c2nsmkj7.jpg
88KB, 960x960px
>>1451561
Im sorry for jumping on you. You didnt deserve that your being constructive. Thank you for being part of our fantasy primarch football draft
>>
>>1451561
>My apologizes then,
It's fine. Glad we cleared this up.

>>1451561
>Actually no, I meant a Iron Warriors/Hands Primarch because he was to also slip into the role the Hands had during the Crusade and HH.
So a mechanized warfare sieger? Interesting. Sounds fairly conflicting though so I'm not sure how well that'd work. Best I can think of is the Builder Primarch uses a lot of heavy equipment in his sieges, but a Primarch that alternates between two differing roles sounds inefficient. Personally I think it'd be better if we get a dedicated mechanized warfare sort of Primarch for the mobile aspect of warfare.

>>1451561
>Rather biased, But it seemed they did the job better if you exclude the number of 'civilians' caught in the cross fire.
A lot of things would be if you followed that tactic. That's why you suffer more if you don't just flatten everything.

>>1451561
>My Original suggestion was actually the Iron Hands/Warriors guy, My THIRD suggestion was the Guilliman-Esk like char, for the other two.
I figured it was understood that when I meant original suggestion, I meant your batch of original suggestions. I'll go state that part next time.

>>1451561
>as Stated I believe we need to have the Primarch's fall into certain groups because otherwises we have a greater chance of a HH happening.
>>1444186
We already are, we just haven't agreed on what those camps are yet.

>>1451561
>Also fuck new age girlyman.
GeeDubs never ceases to milk the cash cow.
>>
>>1451636
A man who deploys with Large numbers of those slow moving tanks meant for destroy fortification and urbane combat with the flamers and that stuff. He isn't so much armored warfare as more tailored but jury-rigged siege warfare used as tank/anti-titan if need be. I know there are a few vechials out like that.

Also, I'm setting these 3 guys up, 2 not yet approved. and the one I have gotten approved in his own. Everybody else got to work on there own weird combos and I'm firmly against what they stood on. if we had a shit ton of anon's, I'd just shut up but we don't so eh.
>>
>>1451663
>He isn't so much armored warfare as more tailored but jury-rigged siege warfare used as tank/anti-titan if need be.
Yeah. The Builder Primarch can do something like that in warfare. It'd fit with a theme of building to destroy stuff.

>>1451663
>Everybody else got to work on there own weird combos and I'm firmly against what they stood on.
I'd sympathize if I saw what makes the combos we're making not fit well with itself.

The Guardsman Primarch works kind of like the Shock and Awe Primarch, by sheer scale of numbers. However, he's more of an unholy combination of a drill sergeant, officer, and noncom.

You seem the most militaristic-focused anon, so you could make a Primarch entirely dedicated to war, but Primarchs whose focuses can support itself elsewhere sound more practical to me. If you do make a more flushed out one, I’m certain we’ll be more prone to keeping it as is.
What’s the most militaristic type of Primarch you can think of? Something like that is what I think we could use the most.

>>1451620
Making 20 Primarchs is a lot more involved than I expected.
>>1451620
>2c2nsmkj7.jpg
Shit looks cash, yo'.
>>
>>1451692
The Builder is not? The same as the one I suggested? Or is it? as I said before, Not sure which my guy got folded into.

My issue is everybody was in agreement with an 'A-team' so speak. Literally even listed it as such and had this werid combo. Which in my opinion brings us into chaos's trap. Hence why ive suggested these 3 guys as a counter axis of sort. I wish I could explain it better but these are fail safes for when, not if the HH happens.

I'm not military focused, I'm more against the grain type of anon. Which is why my 3 are Cold, Logic and super flashy and hardly care about the morality of the job. Just getting it done. While the third was there to be there friend so it wasn't just 'muh corner' bullshit like Argon and stuff.

Each of them have a post war thing too as well if we get there. The Siege guy can work in RnD to make new types of materials that are durable and can help in building new stuff to test the time.

The fiery hot headed guy can be a showmen or give the populations of worlds thrills and experiences of life not known to them.

the last one can really be used to really do anything afterwords or support.

If you back these then we have 2 new guys and can work on the new ones.
>>
>>1451766
>The Builder is not? The same as the one I suggested? Or is it?
It takes your Sieger Primarch and makes it into what he does in sieges, or what his primary role in combat is. He's a combat engineer, essentially.

>>1451766
>as I said before, Not sure which my guy got folded into.
The first edition of the Primarchs list was written tongue-in-cheek so it doesn't explicate what it's drawing its influence from as much as later editions will.

>>1451766
>My issue is everybody was in agreement with an 'A-team' so speak.
The first edition was who the Primarchs could work well with. I wasn't sure what to split the camps up into so I was using that for a basis to work off of. That's still under discussion, and is not final.

>>1451766
>Each of them have a post war thing too as well if we get there.
Great. The primary reason I want to make sure each one can do stuff postwar is so they aren't susceptible to corruption by feeling like they're automatons only fit for war.
>>1451349
>It was the Emperor's job to never let the Primarch's rule over humans but use the Primarch's as tools.
The Primarchs and the God-Emperor of Mankind are indeed not supposed to be the final rulers of mankind, and are intended to pass the torch once everything's in order. However, that point is a long ways off and making sure they can do something besides war also makes them more capable at preparing us for when war does come.
>>1451349
>Nor Why you seem to think his gonna be doing these jobs at the 'end' or anything.
They don't have to, they'll likely just be told to do something helpful after it's all done. Their alternative roles given are primarily to make it easier for them to transition to peacetime. Better than being treated like the Thunder Warriors postwar.
>>
>>1451810
My issue is that, his not to do both at the start. He could evolve into it or not. Hence why I've suggested one who does some building and humanion work and the other does not.

Tongue in cheek or not, They made it so each revole around the other in a way to collapse into chaos easily and hence my counters.

As I said, Each one has the ability to do something else besides just war.
>>
>>1451830
>My issue is that, his not to do both at the start.
Why not? It seems to go hand-in-hand. They don't do both peacetime and wartime duties simultaneously, obviously. They do them in sequence, but the periods of where it's at peace or war are variable so I didn't specify that.
>>1451830
>As I said, Each one has the ability to do something else besides just war.
Well, yeah. Generally the idea is that they conquer a world, make it sustainable enough so it doesn't devolve into revolt by the time they leave, then move onto the next one. The end of a campaign is when they return to their worlds, doll it up, and make it look nice and stuff before the next campaign.

>>1451830
>Tongue in cheek or not, They made it so each revole around the other in a way to collapse into chaos easily and hence my counters.
They don't have to be, their personalities hasn't been defined for who they'd support and the sectors of which camps they'd operate in.
I was thinking we think of Primarchs who fill their own roles first before splitting them up into camps.
>>
>>1451846
It would if anything be a sub-class of him. There will be sieges all over the places so he cannot actually keep his forcers there alonger then need be. Which is why the second one could come in and spend more time and do it better and fully bring people into the eyes of the Imperium and stuff.

I designed them as roles and counter-groups to what was up. Anyway, Lets do enough debating on this and move on to fill the rest of the roles?
>>
>>1451861
>There will be sieges all over the places so he cannot actually keep his forcers there alonger then need be.
That's fine. If the case is his talents are in such high demand he can't spare the time, we can split them up. Sieges sound like some of the most pivotal and extensive battles for actually capturing an area.
Do note that if we do, try to make the Sieger not end up like Perturabo. I guess we can make the sieges sound like the toughest job, one with the most accolades, or just make him really like sieges somehow? Anything to keep him from throwing a petulant hissy fit.

The Builder should still try supporting the Sieger because of their compatible roles, so make it so the Builder helps set up the factories and stuff to make all the toys for the Sieger. So they recognize each other as coworkers and not rivals?

>>1451861
>I designed them as roles and counter-groups to what was up.
If we do, we can make it so there’s a balance between them, but they should all be able to see each other as coworkers in a sense if with a type of competitive streak instead of rivals. Sibling rivalry will end up with similar problems the original Primarchs had.
>>1451861
>Anyway, Lets do enough debating on this and move on to fill the rest of the roles?
Fair enough.
>>
>>1451884
Oh, The siege guy would be more like Iron Hands post HH. Cold and logical without a care for feelings when it comes to the job. He would look at a sheet and go 'Hmm, He is better. Very well' and move on. None of the 'wahh, Fight me' Shit Perturabo did.

I have no issue with some primarch's doing other things, I was listing them as what they 'excel' at, Everybody is good at stuff but they all have there own 'nitch' so to speak.

Mine are the outer layers, Those who put Numbers and logic before emotions even if its bad for how people 'see' them. Think a necessary evil.

Whats the tally if we add the other 2 I suggested and Anon's 2? That got accepted just by the QM?
>>
>>1451901
>Whats the tally if we add the other 2 I suggested and Anon's 2?
Original tally was 12, in total it'd be 16 if we got your 2 accepted.

>>1451901
>Everybody is good at stuff but they all have there own 'nitch' so to speak.
>'nitch'
Niche, you mean?
Otherwise, yeah. The plan was to make it so they don't overlap in their duties so they don't compete with each other in the position and waste some good starting stats if they don't use it.

>>1451901
>The siege guy would be more like Iron Hands post HH.
So we've got a Sieger with a focus on heavy equipment and a calmer personality, neat.

The Shock and Awe guy could use some more detail. Is he primarily a type of drop trooper, or land-based mechanized warfare, or some combination thereof? No one's dedicated to the mechanized warfare position so we can fill that.
>>
>>1451930
Drop trooper, Think of somebody who bombs an area and then flying bricks land and everything pours out.
>>
>>1451766
>>1451942
>>1422717
Great, does he also have some good air force or piloting capabilities? There weren't Primarchs who tried out piloting so it could be useful for dedicated air support.
What are your thoughts on STEEL RAIN?
>>
>>1451967
Naval, Not Air-force or piloting. However the Third guy could do air-force related stuff.

Steel rain was what again?
>>
>>1451986
>However the Third guy could do air-force related stuff.
Yeah, that's who I'm referring to. Shock and Awe Primarch. So he does both drop troopers and air-force piloting? Deploying from orbit his units?

>>1451986
>Steel rain was what again?
Drop pods. It became memetic in a video game, Dawn of War: Soulstorm, when Captain Indrick Boreale misused it and canonically, epically failed the campaign.
>>
>>1452009
Second guy is drop and awe, Which would be Naval bombing from space before drop pods.

Third guy was the builder and more support esk Primarch.
>>
>>1452027
Oh, nevermind then. It's difficult to keep track of these Primarchs by number instead of name.
So Drop and Awe Primarch is effectively a Shock Trooper Primarch? He sounds like he has orbital drop shock troopers. He seems focused on mobile, infantry warfare. Maybe he can spec units that are good for both drop troopers, pathfinders, and other small insertion teams? Spec ops, or also good at marine warfare?
He could try splitting his talents with naval bombing, but that doesn't sound efficient within his scope. Sounds better to call in the naval bombing from someone else.

We could make another Pilot Primarch, who's dedicated to naval and air force piloting? Or well, air and naval support in general.
>>
>>1452070
well the third one I suggested can become that one. The Shock and Awe guy was to be Drop and stuff like that.
>>
>>1452101
Eh. I don't think a Builder Primarch should split between building and engineering with piloting. Sounds like differing disciplines.
>>
>>1452380
Or its perfect for him, He is never seen 'in' combat and because of how impersonal the combat is. He isn't seen as a villain to the people he visits after the battle. Plus it brings there worlds up to stuff quickly because airtravel is superior to ground.
>>
Oh wow. It looks like we actually got some work done. Alright. This spirited debate is what we need for some of the work to be done with our guys. That being said.

I am going to put in reserve slots. Currently we need 20 primarchs. We are approaching that number rapidly.

I am going to do some more primarch development and assistance if asked.

But lets go back to the story.

---

"Malcador, your ideas are, as always noteworthy and I would be a fool not to consider them all. I am glad we have more time to actually engage in debate on this issue further as even with the development vats it will give us time to discuss how best to raise them." The Emperor says to Malcador who nods.

>> GLOWING TITANIUM BOX SELECTED
>> DOUBLE EFFORTS AGAINST CHAOS SELECTED

"This reminds me, Malcador. The item from Mars, it has been completed?" The Emperor asked.

"Recently. It has been moved to the chamber as you asked per your request. After four thousand years of research, and all this time and effort, all the treasure given to the Cult of the Machine, it has been made ready." Malcador says and the Emperor gives a smile.

"And well worth it." The Emperor says.

>> Inspect the item now
or
>> Ask Malcador about the specifications and inspect it later to insure it was done right
or
>> Discuss the current status of the imperial forces, as you must be ready to fight chaos-- speaking of, how does malcador feel about teaching the children about chaos.
>>
To make things easier, we will not put primarchs into groups, YET.

There are three cliques that the primarchs will be put into.

six into each clique and two outliers.

The Two outliers are The Unseen who I really hope the writer shows up again who wouldn't really be a part of any group and act as more of an overseer

and

Aztec Strategist Primarch.

Which since I have a history of terrible naming of things

Choose a name.

>> Icksander
>> Nahuatl
>> Hadrian
>> Kon
>> Dorian

---
>>
>>1454247
>>> Kon
>Khan
>>
>>1454257
Kon
Incan god of the south wind and rain. Essentially the god of the storm.
>>
Restating:
Mothos - A necromancy-themed psyker.

In an attempt to reinstate the cycle of ressurection that all psykers went through before the rise of chaos, Mothos is equipped with powers to commune with the recently dead. True ressurection is still beyond him, though. When not fighting the enemies of the Imperium, he studies occult lore and conducts funerary rites.

Mothos, coming regularly into contact with mortality, very soon stops fearing death which turns him into a rather light-hearted person. This is contrasted by the general, more negative outlook on the topic and is therefore considered unnerving by many. He typically wears silver armour with heavy, white robes (which are embroidered with occult runes) above. Trimming and accessories are typically red.

His Legion largely copies his style, with heaviness of their robes, amount of embroidery and accessories increasing with rank.
Their warcry is "Rest shall never come to you!" and refers to their practice of torturing the fading souls of their slain enemies to gain information and to make their souls less tasty to the forces of Chaos. Everything the Legion does is done with good intention, though for the enemies the collection and torture of souls is abhorrent and is catastrophic for morale.

It also refers to their way of storing whatever spiritual energy can be saved from fallen Imperial forces until finally a way is found to put it to a good use. This is meant to be good news for everyone (although opinions from outside the Legion are divided).

Mothos carries with him the skull of Ogwaelle the Sigillite, one of the shamans who died during the ritual that created the Emperor. Due to her formidable willpower, large fragments of her knowledge and personality remain to her soul and she can be communed with by Mothos. The skull is shielded by a small, conventional field, hangs on a necklace around Mothos` neck and also acts as a powerful psy-focus.
>>
Legion Tactics:
Mothos` Legion, the "Bringers of Final Peace" (Legion XIX), in the first phase of combat often catch their enemies dead or alive and torture them/the remains of their souls for tactical information. This knowledge is often partially communicated to their enemies together with a demand for surrender. Often, not the leak of information, but the way it is leaked is devastating for morale and has broken all resistance.

Towards enemies unwilling to surrender, their tactics often involve a large amount of bombardment, heavy armour/weaponry and many light non-astartes forces. As the Legion sees death as just the next step in the character development of every human beeing and therefore not a purely bad thing, those without precious gene-seed are considered almost expendable, making casualties of their allies and civilians extemely high. Of course, they are extremely quick to recover the soul remains/spiritual energy from the recently fallen to deny them from Chaos and to some day be able to put it to a good use. This leads to them sometimes mockingly getting called the "Grave Diggers", or, insultingly, "The Reapers". The latter comes mainly from Legions that are critical of psykers.

Legion Philosophy:
Legion Philosophy is founded on the Imperial Truth, but has further, metaphysical influences (all of them agnostic/atheistic, of course), is constantly developed by Mothos and gets published in the Books of the Dead, or Necronomica. It focuses on mortality, rebirth, spiritual purity and the possibility of souls evading gruesome ends by the beasts Beyond.

The followers of this movement within the Imperial Truth are not limited to Astartes of the XIXth Legion, but are strongly concentrated around them. Non-Astartes followers are considered almost a suicide cult by some due to their recklessness in battle. The movement also supports some social causes, like orphanages and hospices.

The 19th Legion uses their Occultism to signify rank and respect for the dead. In addition to that, their symbols act as shields from direct influence by the warp of some sort, with the higher ranks often being coated with Pentagramic, Hexagramic and Immateria Wards.

Seeing that the Librarian and the Soul Guide have some parallels: Perhaps we can make this a fun narrative tool? We could make them look similar, with the Librarians looking for broken things and the Soul Guide searching dead people. The Librarian's pseudoreligion could be focused on life and construction, while the Soul Guide's pseudoreligion would focus on death and the afterlife. The Librarian would be stylized after the Byzanthine empire, the Soul Guide after the late Roman Empire (basically Roman, with diverse "barbaric" influences - thats actually the term where the term stems from)
What has the creator of Byzanthine Librarian to say to this?
>>
>>1454186

Whelp chaos comes quick then.

>ask malacdor about it to make sure it's right.

>icksander.
>>
>>1454585
>>1454586
Sadly, I will be off the net for the next two weeks. What is still dearly missing are recruitment and induction rites (which will involve many near-death experiences and beeing buried alive)

Also, for the purpose of this thread series, I gave myself a name.
>>
>>1454861
You're the Mothos creator, right?
>>
>>1454861
>>1454885
Yes! But I will continue to post from many different PCs.
>>
>>1454271
>>1454257

I support this

>>1454186
>> Ask Malcador about the specifications and inspect it later to insure it was done right
>>
>>1454920
Oh. I wasn't actually serious about the name choice. I don't have a preference at the moment.

>>1454186
>>> Ask Malcador about the specifications and inspect it later to insure it was done right
Let us audience confirm what that GLOWING TITANIUM BOX is, before we potentially unleash a Trojan horse.
>>
Yo, what is the stance on female Primarchs?
>>
>>1455136
They don't exist yet. Emperor of Mankind brushed off the initial questions from what I can tell regarding that.
>>
Neat. So there is a chance.
>>
>>1455157
For this batch of Primarchs? I doubt it. Maybe if we make another batch some time off, but Emperor of Mankind seemed neither interested in it at the moment, nor had any plans for making it work.
Otherwise, we’re just focusing on Primarchs that are good at their roles for now.
>>
I don't understand. There are still plenty of primarch slots. Why would a female one be unable to occur at this point?
>>
>>1455179
Because we never made plans to allow females to exist as a Primarch at the moment.
In the original timeline there were limitations that prevented Primarchs from freely being either gender, and we didn't bother with working around that because we were too busy preventing child abductions.
>>
Well seeing as how there are still like 6 to 12 non-existent existing primarchs that need work, I would say there's still time to allow it
>>
>>1455186
Sure, but first we have to get around that gender limitation issue.

Also, we currently have 16 Primarchs as a concept decided, but the majority haven't had the finer details decided on them.
>>
What's the issue we need to look at?

Also I was wanting to do a judge/law maker. Though I'm confused if we're sharing these primarchs or if each primarch is reserved for the person who proposed it
>>
>>1455194
>Also I was wanting to do a judge/law maker.
>>1443387
>Summerian code of laws dude
This guy? We kind of made him into a Super Arbites that does the whole gamut of legal affairs.

>>1455194
>Though I'm confused if we're sharing these primarchs or if each primarch is reserved for the person who proposed it
Combination of the two, depends on what the consensus is. Players with more fleshed out Primarch ideas retain more of their ideas and more likely to have it as is.
>>
Yeah, I was sad to see the idea get a little further. I had a fun idea for the judge/lawmaker Primarch.

And ah, makes sense to me
>>
>>1455202
Oh. If it was something that could be worked as a more practical thing, it might make it through.

>>1455194
>What's the issue we need to look at?
First, convincing the Emperor that there's a reason there should be more than just males in the first place.
Original timeline he didn't take Malcador seriously when he suggested it, and thought it was nonsense otherwise.
Also the other anons may have similar stances in that regard.
>>
Hmm, are you of such a stance or do you think you and me can figure something out.

As for my concept, let me type it up somewhere else and then post it in one go
>>
>>1455216
Maybe? I saw the reasons why Malcador wanted some females, to diversify the place and prevent sibling rivalries, but we're sort of already working on that so it's more moot than before.
The other reason I think we'd want one is to increase recruitment pools, but we haven't figured out any ways of balancing the gender inequality both socioeconomically and the traditional physical gains. We'd need some serious work in the balancing department to make that work.
>>
Creating factions and making certain brothers like the other more isn't going to prevent sibling rivalry.

Already, the grand strategy guy is going to but heads with the imperial guy, by just how impersonal grand strategy has to be to win.

More will arise to.

So as is, the attempts have not totally solved it.

Also what balancing is needed? I think I may be missing the issue in the socioeconomic stuff you're talking about
>>
>>1455238
>So as is, the attempts have not totally solved it.
More moot than before is what I said. It's not perfectly solved, clearly.

>>1455238
>Also what balancing is needed? I think I may be missing the issue in the socioeconomic stuff you're talking about
You know how there's gender segregation, especially in militaries? The Imperial Guard post-Horus Heresy to my memory had that handled rather well, but eh.
>>
Aren't there plenty of women serving as normal guardsman in the imperial army?

The segregation of men and women in military is a purely cultural thing that in all likelihood would die out pretty quickly with only a little bit of pressure. Say from the daughter of your god emperor showing up
>>
>>1455256
>>1455256
>Aren't there plenty of women serving as normal guardsman in the imperial army?
Probably. There's still the rest of the disunited worlds we still have to conquer though.

>>1455256
>Say from the daughter of your god emperor showing up
>god emperor
Don't actually call him a god though, he doesn't like that. Otherwise, there's a fair point.
What about the physical aspects?
>>
Well simple. From what we've seen of primarchs, they're basically just bigger, more beautiful humans. So the primarch would be a statuesque pinnacle of human beauty. Muscles and physic like her brothers, tertiary sexual features honestly don't matter, especially sinc eshe'll be in full primarch level power armor.

Outside her armor, again, she'd be statuesque. Muscles and a powerful physique
>>
>>1455281
No, not that. I mean how do we get women to meet the physical standards to survive the Space Marine recruitment process?

Nonetheless, thanks for the physical description, neat.
>>
Well, list the requirements.

If it's simply being incredibly healthy and physically strong, that is quite doable. And if their geneseed is female, then it stands to reason it would be far more comparable with female specific requirements.
>>
>>1455288
>>1455281
>>1455268
>>1455256
>>1455244
>>1455238
>>1455225
>>1455216
>>1455210
>>1455202

I see that someone sides with Malacador and wants a lady primarch. Right now, currently, if you were able to reach a consensus on it and give me a compelling argument I will say you can have your female primarch, even though it will cause a metric fuck tonne of meta drama.

I served in the military, I come from the school of thought that if the female can do the exact same duty to the same standards as the male with no modification to said standards it's fine. Greatness has the capacity to come from anybody from anywhere. However people automatically assume that this means everybody is capable of becoming great. For the purpose of the quest though, the end goal of the emperor is the ascension of humanity to be all that they are capable of. For this purpose a female primarch is arguably a worthy cause.

HOWEVER, THE FEMALE PRIMARCH CANT JUST BE "HI I AM THE FEMALE PRIMARCH" AND NEEDS A WORTHY BACKSTORY. This and people have to agree to it.
>>
>>1455330
Shud, what happened to your name?
>>
>>1455330
Also dropped my trip.

Basically requirements for female primary to be included >>1455294

Give me a compelling argument other than something that will cause this to devolve into political diatribe.

Give a worthwhile back story because we are quickly filling up and people have pseudo background which is kind of disappointing to me.

Third, convince me that you are not going to do a shit job with it or have it devolve.

As for the boys already being in the vats, life will find a way.
>>
>>1455346
>people have pseudo background
Can you clarify on that? The ones I listed in the Primarch list are memetic mutations of what they actually are, effectively.

>>1455330
>>1455346
Were it not for the ID, I'd legit think you were another anon who suddenly became incredibly passionate about this topic.

>>1455294
>>1455346
Still researching that, it's actually rather vague on details to work on.
>>
>>1455136

If we are interested in the evolutionary benefits of sexual evolution (there are many) we might include "female" parts of the gene seed (maybe we call it "gene fruit"). I am against a female Primarch without a very verbose and good background story, though.
>>
>>1455368
We could, but then that'd mean making two different types of gene seeds and then finding out a way to make them work together as one.
>>
>>1455351
Sorry getting ready for work. My ID will be dynamic for a bit.

1 pseudo backgrounds : you are doing your best but we still have guys that are just types. That being said I still think the Aztec primarch I wrote needs more work. I want more participants and more participating. Also
>>1454586
Welcome back buddy. I got big plans for your primarch and the librarian. Which also makes me think I have cliques mapped out.

The last thing I want is too much drama. Spirited debate is fine. That's healthy. But I would like all primarchs at least listed before this thread goes to the boneyard. I know it's a bit to ask.

As for how we will have the same people control multiple primarchs, I have a plan.

If you need to reach me I am on twitter @t_shud and I can hand out my email there. I must get ready for work so expect one post in a little bit and me to be more active after 11p
>>
>>1455387
>As for how we will have the same people control multiple primarchs, I have a plan.
Are we actually going to have multiple people control multiple Primarchs, sort of like in a party quest? Or is this something that alternates between small and large scale?

>>1455387
Apologies for the rather delayed post of the progress report earlier, I decided to do some other stuff for a while and eventually got around to posting it.
>>
>>1455136
No female primarchs.
>>
>>1455394
Combination. The small of Warhammer 40k allows for a lot of variation. It will be explained thoroughly after work.
>>1455398
Alright on against and one for so long as writing doesn't suck.
>>
>>1455421
May I ask why this was brought up in the first place?
>>
>>1455421
Technically it's more of, one firmly against, one tentatively supporting or against, one strongly supporting, and one who's neutral. Or I guess 4 different anons in 4 different axises.

>>1455424
>>1455136
>>1455179
It wasn't stated. Sounds like it was diversity.
>>
>>1455424
There are a few primarch slots left. One anon asked why not female primarchs. Other anon gave an answer. Anon gave counter point. So I offered if it can be done well and reach consensus, then we can have a female primarch pending people agreeing as much.

That being said I don't want it to devolve into waifufaggotry, political claptrap, pointless drama, or shitty story that is basically reverse gender of another primarch.
>>1455431
Excellent point. Keep tabs while I go to work.

Also please from everyone involved more primarchs are needed we are almost there, and if you need help writing you have my contact info. I can't have my phone at work but I will help out later today
>>
>>1455447
>That being said I don't want it to devolve into waifufaggotry, political claptrap, pointless drama, or shitty story that is basically reverse gender of another primarch.
Yeah, I'm mostly entertaining the thought with the implicit understanding that the ones I'm discussing it with will not let such debauchery happen.

Most of my efforts are focused on the mechanical sides of matters and pumping up as many appropriate Primarchs as possible instead of the detailed characterizations a couple of anons made.

>>1455447
>Keep tabs while I go to work.
So many tabs open.
>>
alrighty I am awake once mord
>>
Holding Law above all else, the Imperiums judge stood as a beacon against the darkness that lurked beneath the gold and beyond the stars. To her, humanity's destiny of total galactic dominance was not their right, but their responsibility. Only humanity could rule, for only human law could cut away and be above the petty and selfish ways of the Xeno and bring them into the Imperiums protective care.

With her chapter, the Imperial Baliffs, she would aid her siblings in war as a measured commander. However, her claim was in the court room, and there she shone as her father the emperor intended. Her judgments did not see favoritism, and were always fair and just. As the Imperial law decreed, she upheld that law as well as any ruling she had made prior.

Through her, many primitive Xenos cultures were integrated into the imperium, each treated equally for in her eyes, the law was meant for all.

This would lead to some antagonism between her and her siblings, for they themselves were not above the emperors law. In fact, she could be said that if she held one bias, it was that she and her sibling primarchs must always live by the law, for they themselves represented all that humanity could become.

That's the basics I think.
>>
File: chryippus.jpg (21KB, 229x343px) Image search: [Google]
chryippus.jpg
21KB, 229x343px
God damn it I leave not only to find out that someone is trying to hijack one of my primarchs but also is trying to push female primarchs/space marines?
No, we talked about this on the first thread and rejected it. I know we are working on an alt universe but it is cannon that female primarches are impossible
>>
Not trying the hyjack, just putting forth an idea I had related to the law maker.

Also, there was zero discussion on the matter. I read and reread to be sure. And also, it is possible when the guy whose making it is the emperor and Malcador himself sees it as possible due to his own words
>>
>>1456118
there was disccusion, last thread, trying to rewrite someone else charaecter is hijacking and in the HH novles Malc sujests making one female and Big E says that not only is that idea stupid but that its not possible so it isnt
>>
Ah, well alrighty. I'm sorry you feel that way. I wasn't trying to hyjack the character. From what I saw, and from what I was told, we were partially sharing these primarchs. I'll step away from the law maker.

As for the female thing, other people have said that emps saw it as a joke. But to be honest there is time thanks to everyone's effort to prevent chaos shenanigans, to try and do so.

If I get enough push back I'll back off on the matter, but to be frank I don't see a reason why not to try.

I could try the other primarch idea I had, Rememberancer Primarch
>>
File: o5n2tt7ziS1tcy6g4o1_500.jpg (55KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
o5n2tt7ziS1tcy6g4o1_500.jpg
55KB, 500x357px
>>1456150
why would we want a remembrancer primarch may I ask? Not even being hostile this time just curious
>>
Well, one reason is because history and shit got utterly fucked after the Horus heresy. All because the rememberancers were seen as either non essential or heretical.

So having a primarch who documented everything, and popularized everything, would not only be good for the long term, but could also form into a very reliable messager between the various primarch through their knowledge of everything that's going on in the war. Every meeting, every battle, and every word is recorded, made into poems and art or just as a document for posterity.

Their chapter would likely be rapid response, flying from place to place to reenforce where needed rapidly, while also acting as effective messengers between different fronts should shit hit the fan.
>>
I would suggest they handle the iterators, those diplomatic guys the imperium used to have, but I think diplomacy is already covered
>>
>>1456236
>>1456229
having a primarch that spefielsed in communiactions across our entire empire woulde be a really good idea , and having also do remembracning should work. Sounds good, now come up with an culture.era of human history to theme him around and we got another primarch
>>
Hmmm, what would be a fitting theme.

Greek would be interesting I think, due to the artistic pieces from that era as well as their whole value in sprinters who passed along messages or charged the enemy in a rush.
>>
>>1456317
I think the builder dude was gonna be roman themed. Maybe Prussia? they were all about setting up communication lines with telegraphs and that let them smash the french and austrians
>>
What's unique about their aesthetic ?
>>
File: prussia.jpg (238KB, 1077x800px) Image search: [Google]
prussia.jpg
238KB, 1077x800px
>>1456412
heres a image of their army
>>
I like that guy's hat. I can dig their asethetic.

So The Rememberancer primarch will have a prussion theme, and she will hold sway over communications and the rememberancers
>>
File: hats.jpg (45KB, 300x280px) Image search: [Google]
hats.jpg
45KB, 300x280px
>>1456458
heres some more hats
>>
So my primarch and her chapter get the best hats. I approve
>>
File: Pete.jpg (82KB, 346x808px) Image search: [Google]
Pete.jpg
82KB, 346x808px
>>1456498
still gonna fight you about female primarchs
>>
>>1456504
As is your right, I understand your stance.

I just like it, and want it.
>>
Looking into it, the only reason I can find that prevent female space marines from existing, is that the gene seeds are clones from male primarchs. Creating a female primarch would lead to a female gene seed, and thus, would work

Also, I sorta like the idea that if desired, her gene seed could prove to be unstable. That she's made and she starts out normal enough, but over time her unique gene seed proves unstable and mutations become more prevalent in her gene seed and maybe herself.

I like the idea of the artist and bridge between the primarchs suffering from the mutations
>>
>>1456689
>One of his more amusing requests was that the Primarchs be made female instead of male, or at the very least, add female primarchs into the mix. His primary reasoning was that it would largely deter conflicts within his children, as boys tended to have a competitive "dick-measuring attitude" towards each other, preventing them all from cohesively working with each other. Girls are generally more level-headed than boys and act more as the voice of reason in a family, which would probably have eased some of the tensions that led to the primarchs despising each other. The Emperor eventually dismissed this, both as a joke and that it simply couldn't be done as the Space Marine gene seed was keyed towards male subjects.
On malc and female primarchs
I am really fundamentally opposed to this, please stop
>>
>>1456782
acutally you know what? If you can make a good arguement for how this could be done and why we need it I guess ill back off
>>
I will post some initial grouping tonight and a few more decisions once we decide to do.

Also a basic numeric list of primarchs would be nice, including active participants.
>>
>>1456782
Well besides the points malcador brings up, female siblings commonly bring up protective instincts In male siblings. Having the primarch who will have more interactions with all of the primarchs and their chapters is not only natural, but an effective means to allow greater unity. I wanna avoid the little sister or waifu tropes, but the protective instinct is there regardless.

Secondly, cultures, especially western cultures, flock around female images and persons. Having the primarch of art, song, literature, and history who bring the great crusade's glories to the people of the imperium be this angelic figure seems natural.

Also, since the primarchs are supposed to represent a perfect humanity, including women in this perfect vision seems like somehing that should be done.
>>
>>1456995
I am of the opinion that it would just be one more ting to fight about and I still opoose it but if the majority wants i am resigned
>>
>>1456995
on a more productive note, If you want an inspireing female primcarch like fulgrim/joan of arc/king arthur. That should be a sepearate one from the communication one.
>>1456812
The primarhes I made are faceman, pirate spacedude and lawdude and roman builder dude
>>
>>1457055
It could be, I do not deny this. But I see the benefits out weighing the possible negatives. The expanded recruitment pool, and chance at greater unity
>>
>>1457164
look Ill accept female primarch as they were prototpyes in a lot of ways but I drawing hte line at female space marines
>>
>>1457158
All great ideas to be frank. Law maker especially if my idea doesn't show my bias Xx
>>
>>1457173
That's fair. I mean, her female gene seed might make female space marines, but to be honest it may be that her gene seed prove incapable of making space marines. Idk where that would lead her, but I'm open to various ideas
>>
>>1457179
Hmmm, having her own smaller force or something different from space marines might be cool. A rarer soldier specific for the female primarch's gene seed
>>
>>1457210
I will stop you right there, i willing to cmpromise about having a feamle primarch becasue as I said in a lot of ways each was an experimanet (i mean look at russ and sanginius recruitment methods). So i propose a sort of king arthur/ joan of arc meets joseph goebbles.
Has not legion but Is a master of inspering troops and a master of propoganda in order ot make sure the planets we take want to be part of the imperium. We can throw a little Fulgrim into the mix if you want an art patron as well
>>
>>1457325
I love this idea intensely. she could be the one who is all for the rememberancers, funding them and bringing them along more than others.
>>
File: Just_as_planned_tzeentch.jpg (81KB, 683x476px) Image search: [Google]
Just_as_planned_tzeentch.jpg
81KB, 683x476px
>>1457366
and making sure they report favorably yes yes I can see this working
>>
>>1457402
She may not have her own children to fight in the emperors name, but she brings the propaganda and glory that can win battle before they even begin.
>>
>>1457573
>>1457402
>>1457366
>>1457325
>>1457210
>>1457179
>>1457176
>>1457173
>>1457164
>>1457158
>>1457055

Look. Just remember, we have not a future set in stone yet. Also Marines need to be ready and willing and able to fight and fight exceptionally for the emperor. So while a remembrancer primarch is great, please make sure that they are also remember the marine in space marine.
>>
>>1457641
Oh yeah, she's still gonna have military use. No worries on that. But she may not have her own chapter, instead getting special recruits and such? High quality chosen few who can go and aide a front or battle at a moments notice perhaps?
>>
>>1456118
>>1456150
Since you seem to be one of the newer anons bringing these ideas up, if you're confused about some of the Primarchs listed I could release a second edition of the Primarchs list that's more faithful to what the Primarch were discussed as. Seems that there’s been some confusion regarding that this thread.

>>1457693
So something similar to what the Custodes have going on?
>>
>>1457693
>>1457757
geneseed is super unstable, legion is super small and is never at full strngth because reulgarly have to repalce marines that have degenearted too far to be useful.
>>
>>1457757
Yeah, except they are not made with her gene seed. Another person seemed against female space marines, and I'm honestly okay with that being one of her major draw backs. She'll just be a greater inspirer and moral person, and just hand picks her agents. I'd imagine her soldiers would be a sorta ancestor to the inquisition or death watch perhaps.
>>
>>1457779
that's me
>>
>>1457776
I can dig this, it can be called the [insert primarch name]'s curse
>>
>>1457786
Sorry, hard to keep track with the anons
>>
>>1457788
basiclly a cross between wulfen and fleshchange. Degeneartes super quickly and mutates beginds to regect bonus rogans untill needs to be just put down. As a result of this and the primarchs inspiring leadership they sort of charge kamakazi style becayse they want to die while still sort of human and not a mutant flesh bolb
>>
>>1457804
They wish to die when they are still at their beast, they burn bright and die fast. So I imagine just pure unrelenting assults? Tactics that call for grand stories and create heroic tales?
>>
>>1457821
exacly like roland in the classic legends
>>
>>1457825
Roland from the song of Roland?
>>
>>1457838
what other roland is there?
>>
>>1457850
Lol fair enough XD

And yeah, stuff like that XD
>>
well its late im tired this annon is heading to slumber town
>>
>>1457917
Night man. Thanks for the helpful stuff to flesh out the primarch
>>
Hmm, now to think of her name.
>>
>>1457641
I'm out QM. The whole 'muh female primarch/space marine' thing is just a massive red flag in any quest. Good luck with this if it ever takes off
>>
Name: Derica

Title:

Chapter: Daughters of the imperium (unsure on title)

Position: Popularist, leader of the Rememberancers(?), the imperium's all rounder, lead teams to reenforce battlefields and shatter enemy positions and forces through kamikaze like attacks.

Derica is a rare (unique) breed, a sister to the sons of the emperor. She stands as a symbol of imperial might, guiding Rememberancers and historians to document the great exploits of her family as they go about the grand crusade. When not leading her children in a glorious charge, she is aiding in the creation of great works of art and song to spread across the growing imperium. With her power, she aides new populations in their integration, renew hope in the imperial population, and ensures every citizen is willing to fight for their glorious imperium.

When she shows up on the battlefield, she and her chapter adorned in blazing wings, she will renew the zeal of the troops and charge ahead, bringing down death upon her enemies to the symphony of man's unending charge into the unknown.

Her chapter suffers greatly from her gene seed though, a sore fact of her life. While her chapter charge at their enemy with the ferocity of a sun, no matter the odds, they are slowly degenerating as their progenitor's gene seed causes their bodies to slowly mutate and fall apart. She cares for her children, and always fights alongside them whenever she can. She hopes to find a way to under the curse her gene seed holds, looking to her brothers for an answer.

Her relationship with her father is not purely idolization. She loves her father and belives in his vision with all her might, but the curse within her very genes she blames on the emperor himself, marking as a mistake on the supposedly perfect beings part.
>>
>>1458418
Oh, I'm sorry if this is making you want to back out.
>>
Again, if desired by the majority, I'll drop the concept. I don't wanna kill anyone the quest
>>
>>1458418
>>1458463
I will calculate votes in the morning. We will see how this fares from there.
>>
>>1458526

Yeah sorry man, I understand where youre coming from but I think I will have to agree with pink. It just ingnores all canon and will make just about everyone leave. I tried to find a way to make it work but no sorry.
>>
>>1458944
Eh, I won't debate it any longer. It's not important enough to kill the thread over.
>>
Perhaps a primarch to champion the mutant and abhuman populations?

Also, a primarch that can allow for better Xenos interactions sounds like a good idea, especially with the Eldar
>>
>>1458964
first one NO
second one already done.
>>
>>1458971
Alrighty, fair. Just trying to find some unique idea, due to the sheer amount of primarchs.

And oh, there's already a Xenos focused primarch?
>>
Well fair on the mutant, still may revisit the abhuman idea
>>
>>1459013
a diplomacy in general primarch
>>
>>1459043
Hmm, fair enough

I say getting the Eldar on the imperium side will be a great boon
>>
Also, those Xenia empires and groups that the imperium would eventually find and wipe out. Getting them on our side, and not exterminatusing them would be a good idea. More allies
>>
>>1458944
>>1458950
Did you guys talk about how to make it possible and restrictions to keep it from becoming magical realm before jumping into the OC?
>>
>>1464510
I did but I think hte concept itself is rather flawed. The idea of a propoganda one would be fine though and a communications one would be good t00
>>
>>1464510
>>1464760
Yeah, what he said. While there is work out into the concept, there are flaws. Also the entire concept is rather moot if it endangers the thread.

So I would like to go along with the full idea, but I want this thread to live more, so idk. You guys say the word, which the majority of you have done so, and it's dropped.

I'll likely focus in the communications propaganda primarch though
>>
... Yeah, this isn't what I expected at all. I am going to have to call this it. The quest looks like it is about to die before it even starts. I will call a vote to try to salvage it.
>>
>>1465470
I drop everything I was saying, in order to keep this thing going
>>
>>1457800
If it's difficult, I guess I can use some sort of handle to make it easier to distinguish us.

>>1465470
>>1465705
Either way works, I was figuring you guys wouldn't put the cart before the horse.
Anyways, we should talk about both topics in parallel if we're going to entertain the idea of female Primarchs. Female Primarchs are a neat bonus, not one of the major things that are going to keep Primarchs from infighting and stuff, that’s in the foundation of each Primarch’s focus. Diversity, which is the main reason we’re entertaining female Primarchs, is just another way to add perspective and build up more forces.
Normal Primarchs should still be given a priority, other stuff that should keep us from getting rekt like the original time should be given top priority.

>>1452446
>>1455294
So I figured someone else might chime in on these, but I guess not.

>>1452446
For the Builder/Engineer Primarch, yes he has a good rep, and yes air travel is faster than ground and in more developed world it's largely supplanted ground travel in the far future.
However, as I mentioned earlier piloting if we’re making it more personal, or management of air travel in general is a different discipline from building and engineering altogether. It would split up his valuable starting net value in such a way that works incongruously with itself. Being able to manage the manufacturing and build a plane or the infrastructure to hold it does not correlate with being able to pilot or direct air traffic.
He’ll be busy enough as is with rebuilding all the world we’re conquering, industrializing, and making enough infrastructure to both keep it from falling apart again. On top of any other secret projects we might have to fight against the Imperium’s enemies. Same reason we split up the Builder and Sieger Primarch.

Recruitment process post in another post because I ran out of space.
>>
>>1466327
>>1455294
>>1455346
>>1455368
>>1456689
So the specifics of the recruitment process and any statistics therein are vague. Nonetheless, detailing these will also help for the male Primarchs’ recruitment, and any modifications to the gene-seeds. Here's some main things:

1. Most failure conditions for the recruitment process involve the Space Marine recruitee either dying, becoming permanently crippled, going insane, or becoming corrupted by the Ruinous Powers. This explains why the vague recruitment standards and statistics are so stringent.
Not much can be changed here without some groundbreaking innovations.

2. All limitations regarding recruitment of Space Marines originate from the gene-seeds themselves, which are created from a Primarch’s DNA sample. Apparently they’re made from germ cells, which are what precludes the sex cells for sperm and eggs, or their stem cells essentially. So the gene-seed functions as both a stem cell for the Space Marine’s organs, and the indirect reproductive organ for any Space Marine.
How he manages to make germ cells reliably function as both the organs’ stem cells and an indirect reproductive organ that early on is what I’ll attribute to FUTURE SCIENCE.

3. When the gene-seeds are implanted into a Space Marine, some gene-seed organs are grown inside the implantee whilst most are grown in vitro and then injected into the Space Marine.
Maybe some modifications to this process can be done to make it more reliable or more efficient. A trade-off between time spent per growth of the Space Marines, numbers of gene seeds available, safety of the Space Marines ‘recruitment process, and equipment required from the looks of it. Perhaps these concerns may be bypassed entirely with a new type of genetic implantation process.
In the original timeline, parts of the growing within an impantee were addressed by stuffing servitors who happened to be compatible with gene-seeds in the event there weren’t enough Space Marines to grow it themselves. This was a last resort to them because of tradition and “muh pride.”

4. Recruit must be of the same gender as their Primarch. Gene-seeds are gender-specific.
Not much can be changed here without fundamentally changing the gene-seeds themselves and creating an entirely new type of genetic implantation. >>1455368 Had an idea with “gene fruits,” which would be even more advanced than making another gender-specific gene-seed. A gene-fruit might be beyond our current scope.

5. Recruits must be made within puberty, earlier within puberty the better. The gene-seed functions like a growth booster. It's not mentioned what happens if someone tries it earlier than puberty, but I'm guessing the physical strain would simply kill them.
We could make some modifications to extend the recruitment deadlines and ease the implantation process.

Continued in 2nd recruitment process post.
>>
Sorry on not seeing it before, I can try my hand at writing the back story, if people agree to giving it a shot. As it stand I want this thread to live more than forcing something. Though it looks like there is a deep analysis on this matter going down
>>
Creator of Mothos here.
Why not make the female Primarch a "Primarch"? The Emperor should have hundrets of geneticists from the obsolete Thunder Warrior project sitting around, they should be, with some training, be able to beef up, for example, some Sisters of Silence. Their "Primarch" is hand picked by Big E/Malcador and gets extra thorough modifications.
>>
>>1473052
So an adopted daughter?
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/117tfF68yVfnvco9Z9V72F-b8Cy1tmrte2OymvGXDXtA

Here's a link to what I have so far for her In terms of story. I didn't go any further due to it likely not being determined yet.

The basic idea is that she'll meet her brothers, and find out that despite everything, her brothers surpass her in one thing or another, leading to her competitive attitude. She is an assault and communications Primarch that I'm hoping can develop
>>
Also much of this is subject to change, due to the unset nature of the thread story right now
>>
With this silence, I'm gonna point out I have other ideas of normal male Primarchs that should prove better, if that's what'll keep this place alive
>>
>>1475415
Sure, feel free to do so.
>>
>>1475420
One idea I had was a Navigator Primarch, someone who would peer into the warp and. It only be able to guide the imperium fleets with unmatched prescision and speed, but possibly even create a sort of "map" for other Navigators to follow in the future of sections of the warp that are less chaotic and safer to traverse

The other is a mostly back the the communications Primarch, only not female
>>
A primarch level Warp eye beam thing would also be sick as fuck
>>
still no female primarchs.
>>
>>1475714
I've effectively given up on that.

Not worth killing what could be an awesome thread
>>
>>1475461
Would that Primarch's Legion recruit only Navigators? If yes how would the lack of male Navigators through the recruitment process be managed? Or would the Warp eye be their Chapter mutation? Would this only occur rarely or by itself or would they have Navigators instead of Librarians?
>>
>>1478275
I would imagine at the least, their librarians would be navigators. At the most, all the marines would be Navigators, which would effectively render the navigators houses redundant, at least in military matters
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.