[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

XenoQuest resurrection?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

Hey guys :) some of you may remember a particular Xenomorph quest a couple of months ago. Grimalkin, Ox, Twitch, Bob and Tiny ring any bells? The quest died when my phone (Containing all of my many pages of notes) was stolen and it was a while before I had the spare money for a new one.

That quest was my baby and Ive been contemplating resurrecting it or just reincarnating it.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com

Archive for any anyone interested. This is just a discussion and brainstothrea thread
>>
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Xenomorph%20Quest

Actual link to the archive because OP is stupid
>>
>>1437752
>someone stole all of your shit
I know that feel
>>
>>1437768
Yeah it fucking sucked :( it was my first quest and i know it wasnt the BEST but I really enjoyed Qm'ing
>>
>>1437752
Would be best off starting from scratch again. Trying to revive the quest without the notes really isn't going to turn out well.

Instead use your knowledge of the old one to make a better one from scratch. That time around it will even be easier for you instead of nearly impossible that is the other option.
>>
>>1437790
>enjoyed QMing
Fuck I dont know if I have that in me. Mad props

>>1438358
Yeaaah this is your best option methinks.
>>
>>1437752
>The quest died when my phone (Containing all of my many pages of notes) was stolen and it was a while before I had the spare money for a new one.
Remember, backup all your important shit and keep it somewhere safe.

>>1437752
>>1438358
Agreed. Wasn't your quest one of the older Hive quests that became rather messy and difficult to follow? Or was I thinking of another quest?
>>
>>1438708
Xenomorph quest. It got kinda fucky towards thread 6-7 because I was getting overwhelmed. Ive practiced my Qm skills however and i think I could do a bit of a better job
>>
>>1438708
Mine was back in January/ February
>>
>>1438458
Yeah I love Qm'ing. I do all of my updates off the top of my head (main plot is pre-prepared with random events, characters, settings, backstories) and just love creating a universe for people to enjoy
>>
I actually just went back and reread the threads last night. I was really excited for our eventual assault on the colonies, psychic shenanigans with Horus, and the talk about transforming young humans into Ascended xeno-human hybrids.

It also sucks that the last thread was lost because it got purposely misarchived by some idiot and was deleted by the archive admin.
>>
>>1438762
Yeah I had really really big plans set up for a massive Colonial marines assault on the main hive, Weyland-Yutani to show up with Android Search and contain teams and even a Predator Strike team to show up. Literally some major shit was about to hit the fan but alas :(
>>
File: tegaki.png (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
14KB, 400x400px
>>1438778
It seems like every Xeno Quest fails shortly after conception. Maybe there's just a lack of interest? It always seemed like there was only a handful of people who even participated.

Might have also been because of all of that IP spam bullshit from /pol/ that kept getting you banned. That probably turned off a lot of potential readers and players.
>>
>>1438837
Yeah that shit was such a hassle. It happened literally every other day.
>>
>>1438837
>Muh /pol/
Mate its usually /b/ or /d/ that gets that shit banned for Loli.

>>1438857
restart when?
>>
>>1438887
Possibly soon if there's interest for it. If anybody has any ideas id be happy to include then in the setting (which still hasn't been decided on)
>>
>>1438903
Has there been any civs that tried the Human side of the setting? Perhaps trying some Weyland-Yutani levels of conspiracy bullshit?
>>
>>1438933
Not that I know of, seems like a interesting concept though, would take a lot of prep and a much better op than me
>>
If I'm remembering right, the very last thread was kinda short, but had a few things happen.
> Ox and Twitch destroy the smuggler camp under a landslide.
> Bob built some shit.
> The Wendigo founded the Hive colony.
> Bunker investigated the waterways, found tasty manatees and some kind of shiny shit at the bottom of a lagoon, and discovered the ocean.

I don't think we got very far, aside from some ideas being thrown around, like using packs of enslaved Skitterlings as a screen for our Xenos in battle.
>>
I am an old player and still interested!
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 356x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 356x288px
I remember running AVP QUEST but that was before /qst/ was a thing. Good times

It probably would've suited a red board easier to be honest, what with the smiling dildos and Hammerpede that got lodged into a predalien's lady bits
>>
Definitely interested. Xenomorphs do funny things for my jiggly bits
>>
>So there seems to interest in a new XenoQuest. Ive decided not to resurrect XenoQuest but to begin anew and hopefully do better. I bit off more than I could chew last time and it started getting away from me. Im thinking this time we will start on a much smaller physical setting (possibly a large space station/Spaceship/Etc) and let things progress naturally. Anybody have any input and suggestions ill be more than happy to take advice :)
>>
I fucking loved reading this quest, even if my timezone meant I was reading it after it ended. Definitely bring us some epic new Xenos fun.

As for suggestions, you've already helped to nail it on the head - Xenomorph games/movies/settings are usually determined by two things:
>Setting
>How many alien(s)?

Your answer to these questions will in a big way set the tone of the quest. Is it a single alium wreaking havoc, ALA Alien, Alien 3, Alien: Isolation? Is it a full hive, as in Aliens, AvP: Extinction or Aliens: Colonial Marines?

Hell, you could even do both, with the first season being a single Alien's rise to becoming a Queen, with the second season going from there, or you could do a halfway point and have a small A-Team of aliens who have limited numbers to work with.

It's all up to you, dude. I have absolute faith in your ability to come up with an interesting storyline and setting.
>>
>>1442214
Thank you so much for your input man :) im really glad people enjoyed that quest and I can only hope to improve
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.