[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Journey of Kylodestin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: QST Progress.png (52KB, 1277x549px) Image search: [Google]
QST Progress.png
52KB, 1277x549px
You, /qst/, are a hired worker by the Department of History for Minoport, tasked with retrieving important documents belonging to Kylos, a famed adventurer from over 500 years ago.

The pages belong to his personal journal, of which you have been given to help restore the book with each page you receive. The pages have all been enchanted long ago to prevent wear and tear by a mysterious sorcerer with whom Kylos journeyed.

Your lead on the current possessor of some pages is a Halfling named "Tim" who deals in such rare artifacts, living in the city of Ships Port on the main island. You boss has graciously funded your journey as well as some spare money in hopes of bartering with the Halfling.

Arriving at the door of "Tiny Tim's Tricks and Trinkets", you are greeted by a rather intimidating Orc sitting at the front desk, thumbing through some books.

What do you do?
>>
Politely greet him and ask him about the pages
>>
>>1436597

The Orc stares at you for a moment and gives a silent nod as a small halfling comes out with a large grin and a golden tooth. "My my, look like we finally got someone. So you're here about those journal pages, huh?"

His oafish compatriot stands straight at attention upon the halfing's entrance, a deep mix of fear and respect carved on his face. "Mr. Timothy has an offer for you, in exchange for the pages of the journal."

"That's right, my boy. I need you to help located some artifacts from another mini-dungeon that was discovered out in the forests. What do you say?"
>>
>>1436609
Ask him about the dungeon, some info and guidance
>>
File: tegaki.png (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
13KB, 400x400px
>>1436616
Tim gives a hearty laugh, and the Orc beside him remains grave. "It's one of those stupid riddle dungeons. See, my fellas here aren't too keen on riddles- it frustrates Orcs beyond belief. Simple thing, go in, answer riddles, maybe fight something on the way!"

"I will be going with you on your journey." The Orc adds, somewhat tiredly.

Tim's horse like grin fades for a moment. "Just be careful with the artifact itself, you never know whether it's enchanted- or cursed. Bring it back in one piece however, and you'll get one of the pages. After that, I've got some other work if you're willing. Let's see... uh, "BOB" will guide you there."

The Orc wearing a nametag "BOB" nods.
>>
>>1436643
Alright, lets go
>>
File: QST Progress.png (52KB, 1277x549px) Image search: [Google]
QST Progress.png
52KB, 1277x549px
>>1436652
As you explore deeper into the forest, you hear the occasional snap of a twig and brush of leaves from the wind- but soon realize the trail has been blocked with a rather large gathering a branches, obscuring your progress.

"Bob" seems worried at the sight, his large fists clenched and ready for a surprise.
>>
>>1436673
Be cautious and pull out your sword, bandits probably
>>
File: tegaki.png (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
14KB, 400x400px
>>1436681
The rustling in the bushes stops and all is quiet for the time being- SAVE FOR THE GOBLINS WHICH POUR OUT!

The wretched things comes screaming and shouting in their tongue, their obnoxious body paint working to hide them within the brush and trees!

You can tell that they have surrounded you for the time being, and Bob himself is unarmed. Do a quick roll of two separate d20's.
>>
Rolled 3, 7 = 10 (2d20)

>>1436699
>>
>>1436719
Oh, boy, it's over
>>
File: tegaki.png (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
25KB, 400x400px
>>1436719
An archer launches and arrow into the leg of "Bob", and he falls to his knee in clear pain. The leader of this raid party speaks in very broken common.

"Shiny! Gib shiny!" He grins a broken smile and his men begin closing in.

I'd lie and claim this was a badass turn around, but quite frankly you get mugged by about 8 goblins. They rip the leather cover off of Kylos' Journal and leave the remaining pages on the ground, intending to boil the cover in a nice stew.

They very quickly get away with Bob's boots and happily snag his name tag. And whatever pouch of gold or jewels you had available from Minoport has happily been tucked away in the oversized pouch the head goblin happily totes on his way back into the woods.

One final goblin remains, and gives a mocking gesture before running off laughing.

Bob himself lays on the ground with a arrow still in his shin, disappointed.

While you have survived, your dignity, sword, pouch, and certainly money have all been stolen by these savages.
>>
Bob sighs, and sits himself up.

"We can either dwell on this like losers or... well, we can carry on towards the dungeon. I'm certain that there won't be much else in the way now that they've had their fill." His tone is of experience, this is clearly not the first time it has happened to him, for sure.

"Tim always sends too few Orcs." He mutters.
>>
>>1436737
Well... Lets go to the dungeon
>>
File: tegaki.png (1KB, 200x100px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
1KB, 200x100px
>>1436754
Entering into the dungeon, the walls are- as typical in Kylodestin- a mix of natural and unnatural formations, written in an ancient tongue known as "Gob", the language which a famous general of the half war- Lippin the Goblin Shaman- taught to the Jovists after retiring from his position.

Fortunately, Goblin raiders have an innate hatred of literature and writing, thus they have left behind any books and pamphlets they found on Bob's person, allowing translation.

The first riddle is the secret to entering the Dungeon.

This is not a map
But you might need a key.
At one angle a wall,
at another a jar.

"Gob" Riddles sound much better in "Gob" itself, because the rhyme is lost in translation.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.