[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rimworld Wrangler: If They Xen’, We Come Clean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: big_game.jpg (119KB, 736x390px) Image search: [Google]
big_game.jpg
119KB, 736x390px
NOTE: Pic semi-related

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

The Chasmbeast’s massive tail crashed down with the power of 6-g's into my speeder. (And the damn thing was just past warranty too.... man, the guild’s gonna be so pissed.)

The perks of being raised in a 1.6 g planet, however, allowed me to bail just in time. Propping my right leg onto my seat, I pushed of left, just a couple seconds from being nailed into the dirt. I counted to three as I ran, then stopped. After a safe enough distance, I forced myself to glance back at the destroyer of my 2317 Beifeld-Nobanov Ion Thruster Series Omega.

The insectile bitch was something mean. I could tell by the skittering of her 238 legs that she wasn’t gonna hold anything back. Her glossy chitin head rose up, and I suddenly felt like a matador in an ancient Earth bull arena. But instead of charging, her thorax pushed the upper half of her body up, while her abdomen quickly came underneath, allowing her to bite her tail in a curled ball.

Motherfucker. She’s gonna run me over.

Fifty meters. Then forty. At twenty-five, the old girl dipped in a little ditch in the planetary rock and came up, adding a vertical component of about two meters to her trajectory. Ten meters out, I had made my move.

> I threw down an explosive and dove left [Starting Inventory: Blast Charges]
> I jumped over, burned the big girl’s back, and rolled behind her. [Starting Inventory: Jet Boots]
> I ran ahead and slid while she was midair, shooting reds up in her shell while I skid on my back [Starting Inventory: HV Laser Pistol]

One choice omits the other two from your starting inventory. However, you may be able to purchase the other items at a later point.
Also, first to three votes win.
>>
>>1436285
>> I ran ahead and slid while she was midair, shooting reds up in her shell while I skid on my back [Starting Inventory: HV Laser Pistol]
>>
>>1436285
> I threw down an explosive and dove left

Time to blow some shit up
>>
> I threw down an explosive and dove left [Starting Inventory: Blast Charges]
>>
>>1436285
Gonna give another hour for votes, otherwise I'll go with>>1436307
>>
>>1436285
>Jet Boots baby!
>>
>>1436420
>>1436307

I threw down an explosive and dove left. I don't know if it was luck or skill, but the dem charge ignited at the point of contact where the giant wheel of bug touched down. A high chirp escaped, and as she rolled up I saw the ashy mark from my explosive. It wasn't enough to penetrate, but it sure as hell hurt the big mother.

At first the old girl wobbled. Then, after the fourth contact of damaged shell to ground, her pain was unbearable. She unfurled while still turning, and like an out of control speeder you'd bump into from the side, she tumbled into the plateau wall with a huge thud.

Finally, I got her to open up.

Had it not been for her legs, I’d say my job was done. But the rainy sound of insect fingers on stone wall was proof enough of her resolve. Shit. Well, my client’s gonna hate this. I crouched down on one leg and aimed out my…

> Helmet Mounted Laser [Starting Long Range: Laser Mounted on Helmet, iris guided accuracy but limited bolt capacity]
> Wrist Strapped Laser [Starting Long Range: wrist laser, easily concealable and most durable laser projectile weapon thats not attached to a tank]
> LMHP Laser Rifle [Starting Long Range: standard issue rifle, large magazine and impact]
If we don't reach 3 votes on any one choice, I'll come back in the next few hours to rally up the most votes/roll for choice
>>
>>1436644
>> LMHP Laser Rifle [Starting Long Range: standard issue rifle, large magazine and impact]
>>
>>1436644
>Wrist Strapped Laser!
>>
> LMHP Laser Rifle [Starting Long Range: standard issue rifle, large magazine and impact]
>>
>>1436644
>>
File: steve-cook-scifi-gun-sideprofile.jpg (197KB, 1920x1207px) Image search: [Google]
steve-cook-scifi-gun-sideprofile.jpg
197KB, 1920x1207px
>>1436875
>>1436677
>>1436656

I aimed my LMHP Laser Rifle, steadying my grip underneath the barrel and pulling the trigger long enough to release a particularly powerful burst. Despite being grounded, I was not ready for the recoil – the butt struck hard into my chest and I fell ass to grass while the red bolt of concentrated energy pinned the bitch on impact, and passed through her abdomen through shell, flesh, and stone.

Amidst that beautiful ebony shell was an enormous ugly hole. I could feel my heart drop – not just at the injustice on nature I just committed, but the undoubted drop in the paycheck by hauling in a damage shell. The guilt and disappointment were finally washed over by the surge of elation from my victory. “WOOOO! TASTE THE BEAM HUSSY!” I jigged out to an imaginary audience. (Hey, you gotta find the fun in life, right? Especially in MY line of work...)

My subconscious whacked an imaginary newspaper at my head. Focus, dammit, priorities. I reluctantly looked over at the wreckage of my speeder. How could two years of owning with a vehicle feel like an eternity? I definitely was NOT looking forward to the trek through the canyon back. Walking over, I could see my melee bag, the only luggage other than my binocs and comm pad that was unharmed. Just as I had reflected disappointment in not exercising my weapon, I heard more skitters. No. Theres no FUCKING way that a Chasmbeast can survive a laser blast through the shell. Looking over, I confirmed the death of the old girl – and the presence of six child sized, four legged bugs. Chasmites. With a mix of grimace and joy, I whipped out my…

> [Choose a Starting Melee to complete your initial hunters gear]
> Old Style Katana – Folded a thousand times from the planet of Kamiki by someone claiming blood relations with ancient samurai – served as well as any contemporary weapon, and also costs wayyy more
> AgniLance – Long staff with a plasma tip that can go from searing to smoldering an enemy. Usually used in construction.
> MM Whip – Monomolecular, self explanatory really, made of material super thin and super durable, can slice and dice through anything while keeping a rather rigid figure despite the name ‘whip’.
> [Self insert cool scifi weapon that’s hopefully NOT a lightsaber derivative]
>>
>>1436963
Gravity hammer - hammer with a head whose weight can be adjusted and automatically increases with each downswing to generate devastating inertia
>>
> MM Whip – Monomolecular, self explanatory really, made of material super thin and super durable, can slice and dice through anything while keeping a rather rigid figure despite the name ‘whip’.
Whip some bugs boyyo
>>
>>1436963
bumping and gonna wait another hour for replies till I roll for both votes
>>
>>1436963
>MM Whip – Monomolecular, self explanatory really, made of material super thin and super durable, can slice and dice through anything while keeping a rather rigid figure despite the name ‘whip’.
looks better than other monster hunter thing
>>
>>1436983
FUCKING THIS
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1437031
>>1436983
>>1437724
>>1437789
1 - Gravity Hammer
2 - MM Whip
>>
>>1436983
>all of this
>>
>>1437794
With a click of the hilt, I saw the glowing light at the end extend out, letting me know where the whip's reach ended. A full meter and a half, and yet all the weight was at the hilt. I smirked at the ease and deadliness of the thing.

The first two broke from the group as they galloped. Big mistake. Even bigger was that they approached one at a time, allowing me to side-slash like I was waving a wand. One. Two. In three seconds, I left four pieces of the victims at my feet.

The next two had some semblance of a strategy and both skittered in unison. They broke apart as they approached at the same running speed. Flanking. I held out the MM Whip and spun fast enough to cut their guts out and spray transparent goo all over my suit. Ugh, bugblood.

Looking over to the final swarm, I waved my retracted whip in salutations. They scattered. Typical parasites, scared of anything smaller than a host.

(1/2)
>>
“I no pay”. The short balding man with an old Earth dialect shuffled away in his leather slippers across the porch within seconds of his response, forcing me to rush and interrupt his path.

After squashing one motherbug and five mites, along with trudging through the canyon carrying all my gear and no speeder, the last thing I wanted to hear was that I wasn't getting my due.

“Look M. Feng, the job wasn’t a typical run and rag—the mare had mites in her belly! I couldn’t risk putting you in danger like that by dragging in a corpse that could kill you!”

He never looked at me while speaking, and changed his course around me and down the aged stoop. “Deal was, full shell. Pristine condition. I pay full. I see no full shell. You no even bring half full shell – you bring nothing but PHOTO!” he turned in anger to show me the image I sent to him via comm pad ( A handsome bounty in corner, with the chasmbeast in the background).

This was getting out of hand. “I already told you, my speeder broke, and I can’t bring the mare over without a vehicle. Plus, only the lower abdomen is broke, the rest of the shell is good!”

“Foolish idiot,” Feng had shook his head. “Shell only look good full. Why customers eat at restaurant where shell showing is damaged? They think damaged shell mean damaged food! Think!” he had flicked my head with a finger. I was starting to get angry.

> Haggle Feng to pay in partial [Empathetic]
> Haggle Feng to pay in full [Transactionary]
> Haggle Feng to pay extra [Selfish]

Choice affects the nature of the protagonist

(2/2)
>>
>>1437846
>Haggle to pay in full

We put ourselves in danger to secure this shit. Pay up
>>
>>1437846
>> Haggle Feng to pay in partial [Empathetic]
>>
>>1437846
>> Haggle Feng to pay in partial [Empathetic]
>>
bump and gonna give another hour
>>
Is thread kill?
>>
>>1438711
Gonna pick up quest tomorrow, sorry to leave you guys hanging.
>>
> Haggle to pay in full

We did the job, and on top of that we killed 4 little bastards. And the little ones will be in perfect condition, clean cuts, easy fixes. Makes a much better display piece, bring your kids and all that.
>>
>>1438005
>>1437920
"Alright Mr. Feng, I get it, I fucked up. I swear on the soul of my almost-dead ma I wasn't trying to rip you off! I'll tell you what, new deal."

Feng raised an eyebrow. The guy lived and breathed deals.

"You pay me full minus one tenth seeing as I hit one of the shell frames"

Feng laughed. "Ok. New deal. I pay full minus one tenth minus costs to saw damage end off shell."

I sighed, knowing this was probably as good as I'll get.

After we linked comm pads, the transfer was made for 1450 tokens, a little over 75% of my initial deal. Not good, but better than nothing.

After politely refusing a seat in his establishment, I made my way over to the guild hall to face the music.

(1/2)
>>
I walked into the main street. Walls of the town had guarded the horizon, arched with C-Sec and automated turrets. If only the colony budget hadn’t gone all to defenses, maybe they could deal with the bugs on this world. Sighing, I knew I’d have to face the music eventually – I headed towards the guild hall.

“Hey Madsto- wait, you’re not Madstone”
“Correct,” said the pudgy man in a silver jumpsuit and one of those new visual feeder specs. “Madstone’s moved to Keradin. The GM just assigned her today”

Fuck. I though Madstone and I had something going on. How come she never told me?

“How come she never told me?” I asked the new desk secretary. He shrugged with an annoyingly exaggerated look of confusion, as if to ask “why would she tell you?”. I could’ve dropped him then.

“Do you wanna sign in sir?”

I sighed in disappointment. First the client, now this. “You don’t know me? When did you start working here?” He looked up. “I’ve just been hired to replace Madstone. I haven’t been hired to know the name of self-important bug exterminators”
“Listen here motherfucker, I will—“
“HEY, I’ve been looking for you!” Silver Gary the Guildmaster trotted over with cape and leather carapace. “Theres something we have to talk about.”
“Sir, I’ve been meaning to tell you that none of –“
“Uh uh uh, not here. My office. And easy on the kid huh? He’s my nephew” He walked back into the hall to the top floor. I couldn’t believe I would be forced to sign in. Madstone would always sign in for me…then again she signed in everybody. Does it matter?

I pulled up the sign in screen and tapped in my name,

>Write In name
>>
File: Dirk.jpg (737KB, 1270x722px) Image search: [Google]
Dirk.jpg
737KB, 1270x722px
>>1440979
>Dirk Hoffmann.
>>
>>1440979
Cypher Rage
>>
>>1440979
Jon Bobbity
>>
>>1440979
Rimworld Wrangler
>>
>Richard Shadows.
>>
>>1442884
We shall be Dick Shadows. Nothing shall grow in our cock-shade
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

1. >>1442248
2. >>1442498
3. >>1442802
4. >>1442888
>>
Rolled 3 (1d4)

>>1443074
wrong dice lol
>>
The new secretary took a look at the sign in screen after I submitted my record. "Rimworld Wrangler? That sounds like a fake name. Were you born in a toy store or something?"
"Too bad you're just a desk jockey," I said smirking, "We could use some more bug-bait." I made an effort to quickly stride over to the elevators before the guy could comeback with another zinger.
(1/3)
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.