[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Powerquest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2

File: Powerquest.jpg (73KB, 500x493px) Image search: [Google]
Powerquest.jpg
73KB, 500x493px
You wake up crumpled on the ground, covered in a slimy substance that lies around you mixed with shattered glass. You don't remember much, you don't even remember your name.

What was your name again?
>>
>>1429919
Maxim Daniel
>>
>>1429919
Daniel Hawthorne
>>
Of course, you are Maxim Daniels, and there was something else about you, something very important.

Oh yes, you have powers, very powerful ones, you can do things no one else can do for no particular reason.

What were your powers again?

(Suggest and vote for what your powerset will be below, all submissions will appear in the game as either allies or enemies as long as they aren't too overpowered.)
>>
(Here's the discord in case you guys want to hash out a power with me before submitting to see if it's too overpowered: https://discord.gg/RKbhb9n)
>>
>>1429932
Kinetic force manipulation
>>
>>1429932

Portals.
Think with em.
>>
>>1429932
Damage transfer: you have the ability to take the damage from anyone to yourself and transfer it to others with contact. Has an activated Regen factor.
>>
>>1429932
Hyper flight
>>
>>1429932
>Kinetic force manipulation
>>
What scale power are we talking here? Terrestrial superman or reality bending space god shit?
>>
>>1429990
I'll probably be able to balance it myself to the level I deem appropriate, so it'll be hard to make a power that is so op it can't even be balanced.
>>
>>1429932
Soul manipulation.

You have the power to not only transform into an ethereal form of your own soul, but manipulate it into manifestations such as weapons or objects, people with a low enough will to do anything, or high enough false bravado, or anything similar have vunerable souls to absorb or destroy. To destroy a soul would be remove the person from existence, to absorb the soul would make you all the more power full.

-Flight (mach 3)
-go through walls
-Ethereal "Ghost form"
-Soul weapons
-Soul objects
-Soul absorb (either lowly people or after weakening an enemy to near death or unconscious state)
-Soul destroy (same as above)
-soul fire
Your soul can create lime greenish flames that cant be put out by human means, you can make a tiny spark or the comparison of a tsunami with them, they burn 3x hotter than a gas fire
>>
-Kinetic force manipulation

-Vamprism (Steal HP from enemies)
>>
>>1429932
Our advanced brain is able to precisely calculate every single possible future happening for up to 60 seconds from the present.
Of course, seeing ALL futures means that, potentially, we have witnessed our own death or that of our loved ones multiple times already. This simple fact may have left our mind slightly scarred, to say the least.
>>
>>1429932
Some possibilities. No preference, just throwing these out there:
>Probabilistic Foresight
Divination of the future in terms of possibilities and their likelihoods. Higher degrees of expertise allow the user to become aware of which actions to take to maximize the probability of any given eventuality.

>Caller of Rust, Dust and Ash
Manipulation of rust, dust, ash and other fine particulate residues or deposits. Generally weak due to lack of material to manipulate; higher degrees of expertise allow the user to imbue rust et al. with form and/or properties of that which they once were part of, recreating the largest constructs from the smallest speck of dust.

>Truespeaker
Ability to learn and invoke the Truest Names of the first Concepts with which the universe was created, and hence enforce them once more on Creation. Near infinite potential, but be warned - the mortal mind can only remember so much before forgetting, and mortal will can only enforce so much before breaking.

>Soul of the First Phoenix
Conceptual ability to 'burn' and still 'be well'. Requires neither life nor conscious thought to utilize. Limited only by how far you are willing and able to stretch these concepts.

>Flesh and Will
Ability to proportionately convert physical strength into strength of will and vice versa. Does not decrease to 0; but regular exercise, poor diet or emotional turmoil will increase or decrease the effective common pool accordingly.

>Self-serving Liar
Ability to enforce over a local area the factuality of any statement or opinion, as long as the user truly and absolutely believes in its verity. Often useless since most things people believe without the slightest doubt are already true. May work well with autohypnosis.
>>
>>1430036
(I'm casting my vote for this.)

(Yes, I get a vote, why wouldn't I?)
>>
Probability Manipulation.
Let's get nuts.
>>
>>1430041
Soul of the First Phoenix sounds ballin'
>>
The numbers so far:

Kinetic force manipulation, 3
Future prediction, 2
Soul of the phoenix, 2
Everything else, 1

I personally think all the top three will play very well.
>>
>>1430196
Future Prediction would be hella cool
>>
Since Kinetic force manipulation is the top contender, let's give you a better idea of how exactly it will work in my mind.

You will be able to alter the direction of kinetic force at will, so if a bullet was heading towards you you could make it go back where it came from, the same for punches, arrows, and missiles. You will also have inhuman reaction times to make doing things like this feasible.
At first you will be limited to objects touching your skin, but as you gain experience using it you will be able to affect things at a further and further distance from yourself, topping of at somewhere around ten feet.

You will not have the ability to create kinetic force, only redirect it, nor can you store it, it must be an immediate transfer from going one direction to going in another.
>>
Oh man, I just thought of a really neat power interaction between kinetic force manipulation and one of the other powers I have in mind.
If it wins the one with that interaction will probably be the first boss since it puts him at such a disadvantage.
>>
>>1430036
I'll vote for this
>>
>>1430210
I like this because vectors
>>
>>1430360
Oh right this is a vote for Kinetic stuff since we are already pretty deep.

Otherwise I'd be suggesting golem making
>>
(Alright, looks like Kinetic force manipulation is the winner, update to come soon.)
>>
Oh right, Kinetic force manipulation, at least that's what the doctors called it. You have the ability to alter the directions that objects are moving at on skin contact. The doctors said that the serum they gave you should have a more potent power than that so you should expect it to become more powerful over time, which would probably manifest as a range increase.

You pick yourself off the floor and look around, the room is bare concrete walls with only one thing in it, the vat you were previously occupying, they had you in it to make sure that your power wouldn't destroy anything if it advanced in any unexpected ways.

So what should you do ne...

That's odd.

A message in blood just appeared on the wall next to the door, it reads "ESCAPE'.

You go up to it to find out if you're seeing things, when you touch it some of the blood comes off of your fingers, meaning it must have been painted recently.

What do you do?
>>
>>1432429
Do as it says, escape from there. Also, we should take a shard of glass with us. Just in case.
>>
You decide that the mysterious message is all that you have to go on for now, so you'll follow it.

You also decide to bring a large shard of glass with you, you're able to find a decent sized glass dagger that is uncomfortable to hold and might hurt your hand more than anything you stab with it, but it should do.

You exit through the door.
Following a long corridor you eventually come to a fork in the path.

>Go left.
>Go right.
>Go back.
>>
>>1432442
>Go right
right is always good
>>
>>1432442
>Left
>>
You head right.

After some walking you start to get cold, you are currently naked except for the thin film of slime covering you.

You eventually come across one of the faculty with his back turned to you, but just before you were about to ask him for assistance you see more blood writing on the wall that reads "KILL HIM

>Attack the man.
>Ask him for help.
>Something else.
>>
(This one I'll wait a while before updating to give you guys time to decide.)
>>
>>1432460
>retreat, go another way
>>
>>1432460
Killing him would be a little too much, for now.
>Ask him for help.
>>
You decide to ask him for help.

You call out to him, "Hey you got any clothes or something?" Me turns around and as soon as he sees you he pulls out a walkie talkie and says into it "Red alert, a test subject has escaped containment!"

He then begins to reach for his gun.

>Deflect the bullets harmlessly into a wall.
>Reflect them back at him.
>Reflect them back at the gun.
>Something else.
>>
>>1432524
>>Reflect them back at him
Note to self: trust the writing in blood from now on
>>
What at first you thought was his gun turned out to be his taser, Luckily it still uses projectiles so you can reflect them back just as easily.

The taser shots shoot towards you and are redirected as soon as they touch you in the opposite direction.

They hit and the man falls to the ground convulsing.

>Stab him.
>Call into the radio to try and bluff that they should lower the alarm.
>Something else.
>>
>>1432583
We shall call a bluff. We don't have to fight swarms of enemies already guys.
>>
>>1432583
>Give his head a hard kick then take his pants
>>
You walk up to the guy, who has now stopped convulsing and is starting to get up, and give him a hard kick to the head. His body goes limp.

You decide to get yourself some clothes, so you steal the guy's pants. You take his radio as well and decide to see if you can bluff your way out of having an army come your way.\

You say in your best imitation of his voice "Cancel that code red, target neutralised." And hear "Roger." on the other end.

>Continue down the corridor.
>Go back.
>Do something with the unconscious guy. (Specify)
>Do something else.
>>
>>1432668
>take his gun
Never know when it could be useful later on
>>
>>1432668
>Continue down the corridor.
>>
>>1432668
>Possess his body, because you can't ignore a perfect stealth chance.
>>
You decide to take the rest of his clothes as well, and with them his gun and taser which could come in handy if you come across more of them.

You continue down the corridor and you come across another intersection, this time with three other paths.
Just before you make a decision as to which one to go down you once again see writing on the wall in blood, taking a closer look at it the writing is broad, as if painted with the end of a severed limb. It's simpler this time, just an arrow pointing towards the left path.

>Do as it says and go left.
>Go forward.
>Go right.
>Go back.
>>
>>1437550
>>Do as it says and go left.
>>
>>1437550
Left
>>
>>1437550

Remember what happened last time you didn't listening to the supernatural blood writing. Go left.
>>
You go down the left path and soon enough hear some noise around a corner, it sounds like conversation and the occasional laughs.
>>
What do you do?

>Peak around the corner.
>Listen to the conversation.
>Go around the corner and attack them.
>Something else.
>>
>>1442593
>Listen to the conversation.
Could we transfer kinetic energy from objects to ourself
Say some one tried to drop kick us and we take their inertia and use it to do a super jump
>>
>>1442671
The power is to change the direction of force vectors, you cannot transfer force from one object to another.
>>
You listen to the conversation, from what you can tell they are playing some kind of game.

You don't hear much that is useful, but you do hear the name "Center" mentioned in a way that made him/her sound important as well as a reference to some sort of new project.

>Peak around the corner.
>Listen to the conversation more.
>Go around the corner and attack them.
>Something else.
>>
>>1442712
>>Peak around the corner.
Or
>Distract them by throwing the glass shards away from you
>>
>>1442712
Take a peak

And ok. Thanks
>>
You peak around the corner to see that the narrow corridor opens up to a larger room that seems to be a cafeteria with several tables and chairs around them. There are only three people in the room, and on closer inspection you discover they are in fact playing a game, a card game.

You see one of them start to look in your direction but are too slow to duck out of the way.

"Hey, you know it's rude to spy on people." says the one who presumably saw you.

>Try to take them out before they call for backup.
>Use your disguise to play yourself off as one of the guards.
>Something else.
>>
>>1445571
>>Use your disguise to play yourself off as one of the guards.
"Sorry, I found some blood on the wall saying to go left and decided to investigate. Can't be to careful with all these freaks."
>>
"Wait, you found blood on the wall and you didn't call it in?"

The man begins to reach for his radio.

>Stop him.
>Come up with an excuse for why you didn't radio in the blood sign.
>Something else.
>>
>>1445642

Come up with an excuse.
>>
>>1445642
>>Come up with an excuse for why you didn't radio in the blood sign.
"Damn thing is out of juice. Here, follow me and I'll show it to you." Try to get one or two of them isolated.
>>
>>1445668
Show him the blood, not the radio
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.