[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

King's Assassin Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

You wake up from the noise of feet running over wooden planks. Through the window of your cabin you can see a sky full of seagulls and only a couple hundred feet away a port city booming with activity. It seems like you have arrived the final destination.
As you make your way through the cramped ship's corridors and out onto the deck you realize that you can't actually remember why you even embarked on this trip... at the same time it doesn't seem too important for you. You wonder for a second how it can be that you are perfectly comfortable with the situation when you have just awoken in a place you don't know for a reason you don't know either.
The wind breezes through your hair and you notice your heart beating faster in anticipation of what is waiting for you.
As the ship finally halts at the port and the bunch of travellers, saleswords and adventurers who accompanied you on your journey begin disembarking, you notice an edgy object in your pocket.
This should surprise you but it doesn't. You open the box and read the single line that is scribbled on the note:
Kill the King
Content with what you read you throw the note into the water and descend down the plank onto the cobblestone streets of Tassia.

You don't carry any items of significant use with you except for a black pen with a golden nib and some minimalistic ornaments.

I just want to do a bit of storytelling and I only have some roguh outlines for the world and the story so I'll take things freely.
This will also go at a slow pace, I'll see how things develop.
There aren't really any fixed rules as game mechanics.
>>
>>1428198
Well considering that this is still a quest, let's go to the nearest tavern and see what awaits us
>>
>>1428233
You head into the city to look for a place to get some information and company.
Past the initial array of warehouses and shipping companies you quickly find yourself in a colourful labyrinth of streets, squares and marketplaces spread out within. Just at the other end of the square you are currently at you see the "rum and beers", an inviting tavern with a bright yellow sign.
Closer to you but at the entrance to a narrow alley is a smaller place that could be mistaken for a private workshop if it wasn't for the hastily scribbled sign next to the door promising food and a bed.
>>
>>1428448
Lets go into the "bed and brekfast" to get a room for the duration of our "visit"
>>
>>1429392
+1
>>
>>1429392
Thirded
>>
>>1429392
>>1429495
>>1429469
>>1429469
>>1429495

You open the door and step into a dimly lit room cramped with boxes, sacks and some more, some less grimly looking folk. On the left end of the counter there is a little shelf with some nautical tools on display but it doesn't really help the atmosphere tol much. As the door closes behind you with a n awkwardly loud click some heads turn towars you but only few seem to be actually interested.
As you approach the counter and the barkeeper turns towards you think of what you'll ask without sounding too muh like a foreigner. If only you could remember where you embarked on the ship so you had some backstory to tell... You currently don't have any money either , a language surely understood anywhere on this world...
The man behind the counter puts fown a glass and barks a mumbled greeting at you.
>>
>>1430199
Hey, can I get a room? And maybe some directions?
>>
>>1430351
+1
Potential locations to scout out.
- Market
- Shipyard
- Temple / Church
>>
>>1430351
>>1435347
"Sure, you can have a room for 4 Fers a night. Tassia isnt a cheap place but you aren't gonna find anything cheaper than that, I can tell you."
You don't have any money to pay yet but you'll definetly keep the location in the back of your head.
"On another note, could I have some directions? I've just arrived and I don't know my way around the city."
The man looks at you with an odd expression but then gives you a wide grin: "Oh a foreigner, I see. Not that I couldn't tell from your accent. Get many people likdyour you here these days... it is a busy place, good old Tassia.
Most of the markets and shops and all that are here around the harbour. That's the whole southern end of the peninsula pretty much. You've definetly seen the castle at the tip by now and you can figure that all those toffs live there, the 'gentlefolk' in their four story toy castles...
The northern mountains are Toman area. You've got no business there and since Illart has taken the throne they totally control the area. Who would've thought thst? When I was a child we used to light up their temples and now we have to kiss their feet when they only pass us.
If you want some fun just head up the alley right from the door until you get to a large road and then towards the gates eastwards. some shops and folk there too, you know. But the garrison is also there so don't pull some stupid shit. Now get a room, a drink, or get out, others are waiting."
You don't want to cause any trouble just yet, so you thank him and leave the place for now.
Someone suspiciously gets up to leave just as you turn around and after you dtep out onto the street you see him disappear around the corner to the right towards the harbour area.
To the left you can, if the owner didnt shit you, get to some sort of a central street.
>>
>>1437217
Try to follow the man that got up behind us
>>
>>1437283
You quickly pace down the street and turn left at the crossroad where the man disappeared. You can't see him anywhere but you optimistically break into a run towards the next crossing. Just as you arrive you can again see a hint of a movement in your perioherak vision and chase after it. Another turn and you can finally see the man. He looks back and for a second your eyes meet, before he again disappears behind a jumble of wooden barrels.
Somehow stumped, you stop for a second and consider your situation. The activity of the marketplace is quite some distance away and no one really seems to be around here, and the alley is quite small and dark too... You could still chase after him but you aren't sure if you should...
>>
rip
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.