[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medieval Themed /qst/ for Glory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: an adventure.jpg (241KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
an adventure.jpg
241KB, 1280x720px
The world is burning.

The Empire has shattered due to the death of King Altmer and the disappearance of his son Mandric.

With this vacuum of power, the bloodthirsty nobles of distant lands declare their sovereignty of their own lands. With their great banners they march straight for the capital, leaving a wake of dead and unburied. An old curse once thought contained now spreads like wildfire in the southern lands, reanimating the dead and creating undead legions of soldiers with no want except for blood.

The sorceries of Vinheim have begun to fade, leaving the Sorcerer Kings without power to fight invaders. Word of immeasurable quantities of gold and other goodies has spread worse than the undead curse, leading to the Siege of Vinheim by thousands of independent parties. Who will be first through the breach?

But let's get to us, or you.
You have been born a healthy boy.
You may now roll for a starting position, or vote on one.

>0-25: Filthy Peasant scum
>26-50: A trained journeyman
>51-75: A powerful warrior of either magic or conventional means
>76-99: The son of a powerful duke who now calls himself king
>100: A blessed avatar of divine will, giving you the choice of two out of four gods for your powers

Will you reunite the lands as King, or find the old Prince and return him to the throne as his stewards, or perhaps you could sack or save Vinheim, home of the sorcerers.

Remember, valar dohaeris
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

FOR THE EMPERRAH
>>
>>142622
Nigga we spellsword now
>>
Rolled 48 (1d100)

Rollin
>>
>A trained journeyman
>>
File: TRUMPEROR.jpg (569KB, 1948x1093px) Image search: [Google]
TRUMPEROR.jpg
569KB, 1948x1093px
Rolled 64 (1d100)

Rolling to be a powerful Kang n sheit
>>
>>142725
>>142622
The gods have spoken. We are a talented spellsword with a fierce loyalty towards the true king of the land.
>>
>>142733
Aye, let us shed blood in his name!
>>
>>142622
You rest within a tent at the base of a ruined chapel. As an acolyte of the Vinheim school of swordsmanship you've learned to cast spells to empower your sword-staff with spells of lightning and fire. Your backpack is stuffed with scrolls you managed to steal away from Vinheim when fires started. Travelling as far away from the Cathedral as you could, you collapsed exhausted outside of this decrepit church. You sit on a bedroll reading a sorcery book. Word of mouth says that Vinheim is still burning and the Undead move up north, following the corpses. A certainly powerful noble of the west has been amassing a great host to take the capital. The north remains certainly loyal to the throne yet some upstarts begin their own rebellions in tiny counties. Where shall you go from this chapel?

>South, to the barren lands of the Undead
>East, back to Vinheim
>North, to the loyalist lands
>West, to the rebel King
>>
>>142809
I vote North. If they are loyalists, theres a chance the Prince is safe up there, and if not, we can listen to rumors and gather allies to search for the Prince elsewhere.
>>
>>142809
Let's go west and offer our services for cash'n'shit.
>>
>>142918
I'll wait for a few more votes on something as important as this.
>>
>>143001
I would also support going south and cutting swathes through the undead.
>>
go west. Become mercenary.
>>
B-but muh prince
>>
>>143053
But what has he done for us lately. The prince aint the one putting food in our belly.
>>
Well if its up to me, I'd rather kill undead, sounds more fun with less moral/political issues. So I vote south!
>>
>>143078
>>143047
I'm down for either. Slaying undead is p good but you have to worry about logistics, while being a mercenary means food and pay, but with all the political socio-economic bullshit that comes along with fighting in a rebellion.

I'm fine with either, but if it comes down to it, I think I'd prefer to go kill undead.
>>
Bamp
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>142603
rollin
>>
>>142918
Voting for this
>>
Oh no, 2 votes west and 2 votes south. And where the fuck is op
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>142603
Godlike goy here I come
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>142603
>>
I too vote west because we could probably hear more interesting/important rumors and maybe even find the whereabouts of the prince.
>>
>>143316
op is taking a sleep

I counted plenty of south votes and I feel like that's where we should go.
>>
>>143719
Go south, meet Prince-heir who's now an undead vampire lord, join this one true king against the living - all in
>>
>>144122
After going over whatever maps you managed to collect, you decide that the most ancient and powerful magics save for Vinheim are in the south, where the swathes of undead roam in huge hordes of slow rotten husks of men. You sheathe your swordstaff on your back and strike camp. You rest your hand on the decrepit chapel and you a residual energy from the miracles performed here. Saying prayers of travel you make your way down the old path of northern raiders carrying their loot homewards. Along the way you can't help but notice the camps of refugees and the increasing amount of large tents of the Knight's Grace, an independent order of healers and paladins.

Every few miles you are incessantly told to turn back, or you have to be questioned by deacons, paladins and commoners a like. You never give them a definite answer, but word spreads and they eventually leave you alone thinking you as a madman. The green of the forest gives way to the rolling hills. The side of the road is littered with small trinkets and greying corpses and the half-dead, the infirm, and the young. Looters never give you trouble though and you eventually come across the border to the southern provinces. At this point the lands are grey and barren, and the trees burnt and stakes driven all over the ground. Dead paladins and slain deacons litter the ground and in the forest a few corpses crawl on broken legs.

In Vinheim they taught you that the curse of undeath was contained for hundreds of years and would occasionally leak out through a careless guard or an intentional criminal. Either way, when one came across a corpse killed by the undead you would always break the limbs if you couldn't kill them so that they wouldn't be able to endanger anyone who stayed their distance.

You refuse to set up camp anywhere near the woods, sticking to deep craters and ditches left by weapons of war and magic. One night though, you hear the shuffling of mail armor and you take a quick look at the source. Grey flesh hanging off in strips shakes as the thing moves along painstakingly slow. You decide it'd be better to kill it now and you quietly remove your sword staff and begin to enchant your weapon with:

>Fire. Fire is told to be a cleansing agent.
>Ice. Ice stops anything in it's tracks and is deadly against anything living
>Lightning. The pure essence of magic, lightning is the most powerful of enchantments and one of the few weapons able to kill drajwraiths.
>>
>>145661
>Fire. Fire is told to be a cleansing agent.
Nothing can withstand the all-consuming ever-hungry magical fire.
Everything can burn, we just have to make the flames hot enough.
The lone undead can be our first candle in the dark.
>>
>>145690
Agreed.
>>
>>145661
>>Fire. Fire is told to be a cleansing agent.
>>
>>145661
>Lightning. The pure essence of magic, lightning is the most powerful of enchantments and one of the few weapons able to kill drajwraiths.
>>
>>145800
>>145726
>>145690
You remember your endless lessons.
Eons ago fire was one of the primeval elements of the world and was the only thing keeping darkness from consuming the newborn materium. Fire was also one of the first magic considered to be tamed by ancient sorcerers, then known as shamans. Since time has trudged on, fire has been both a creator and a destroyer. You call back to the lesson of the Scouring of the Rotten Depths, back when the undeath was rampant throughout the entire land. Hundreds of brave and powerful sorcerers forced their way to the heart of the curse, where they pooled all of their power into one spell so powerful, it killed all of the casters. So great was the wave of fire created, the Rotten Depths have been consumed in eternal fire, haunted by the ghosts of the undead and the sorcerers.

You begin to think of a spark, as all fire starts. Soon a warmth in your palm grows from a smoldering casual warmth to a burning ember, and then into a blazing fire the size of your hand.

Reciting the old words you cock your arm back and line up your throw. With all of your might you hurl the flame right into the undead chest of the cadaver, causing it's tattered cloth to burst into flame. You shiver violently as the screams of a torn throat pierce the air, but soon enough all is ash. The corpse has become a bright patch of ash strewn across the ground. You come to the realization that this is your first kill. Ever. You begin to contemplate if the undead could truly be considered alive anymore, even though they were once breathing people like you. You come to a crisis point.

>Brood a bit about how that was once a living person
>Get your shit together and keep 'er goin'

op is back from a reckless dark souls 3 co-op game from yesterday
>>
>>150308

It was an undead, we can fret more about our moral nature when we get around to killing living things
>>
>>150308
Who the fuck cares, it was an undead, and we gotta get moving.
>>
>>150308
BROOD MUFUCKA
>>
>>150308
>>
>>150361
You decide to not be so moody about this. He was a corpse after all, and he probably was suffering or something. You gather up your belongings and make your way further down the path. At this point, there's just nothing except the maddening silence of nature.

With the surge of refugees north, anything not bolted down is killed or stolen, including animals. The Curse of Undeath doesn't work on animals, so you're safe from undead elk or bears or the like. You get deeper and deeper into the south the world becomes greyer. Clouds cover the skies and the trees have become an ashen hue. For miles and miles beyond, trees stand like bony fingers reaching for sunlight. While it may not effect animals, the undead bring a nefarious aura with them that kills any plant life, almost like an unending wave of blight and darkness. The crunch of grey and dried leaves is your only solace from the silence, that is, until you spot a tavern by the side of the road, looking completely fine, as if it was just built. You can hear merry music from inside and the sound of laughter. You're doggedly tired and need to stay inside for once, but the arrival of the tavern strike you as odd.
Do you go inside, maybe for a drink?
Or keep proceeding south to the Knight's Keep a few leagues away?
>>
>>150762
NIGGA DONT TRUST IT ITS A TRAP

Actually, if its a trap, lets go inside the tavern. Seems more interesting that way.
>>
>>150762

Of course it's a trap, but now that we know it's a trap we can spring it much more safely. So inside we go
>>
>>150762
Let's go inside and light it up, allahu-akbar style.
>>
>>151049
>>150782
>>150984
You're not that stupid to know it's a trap, but a part of your conscious is nagging at you "But Anon, what if it isn't and we're passing up a warm bed and ale!"

With the thought of a nice fiery hearth and a cup of sweet ale you make your way to the door of the tavern and slowly open it, and the sight surprises you.
Men in heavy armor swill barrels of ale and busty tavern wenches serve soldiers in ornate armor the finest wines. You feel uneasy, but the sound of lutes and fifes brings you to an odd peace. You sit down and a pleasantly warm and crisp capon is set in front of you. You take a bite and flavor explodes in your mouth. You haven't eaten like this in years, ever since you've taken your vows of Vinheim. Everything seems fine, why not stay a while?
>>
>>152054
It's a trap to lure you into a sense of false security and make you more susceptible to death's grasp.

Burn it all to the fucking grounds. Leave no survivors.
>>
>>152054
This isn't too shabby.
Stay end enjoy the food and music. Sing along, you have a nice voice .
Talk to some pretty wench. The nagging feeling about danger ...what was it about again?
Ask for a room later on.
>>
>>152502
Rubbish, paranoid anon - they're nice and friendly.
>>
>>152502
This but don't burn everyone. They might just as well be other people lured into this spell we can rescue.
>>
>>153475
>burn >rescue
"I burned you with my magic flames because I wanted to rescue you all! ...you look demonic, BURN EVIL ONE!!" And then we want them to sing Kumbaya together?
That sounds crazy.

Just dance, sing and drink peacefully with the other inn dwellers. We were wrong to think this was a trap. Traps aren't melodic or have boobs like the wenches here.
>>
>>153477
you're a cuck we're burning it down

there's no sensible way that this place is merry in the middle of infinite undead
>>
>>153477
Well, we burn down the place and see if anyone survives and comes to their minds. If so we don't kill them of course.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.