[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam IBO Quest: Calamity War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

File: ibo.jpg (123KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ibo.jpg
123KB, 640x360px
Six months have passed since the Calamity War began. Death and destruction has overtaken Earth, a quarter of its population already lost. Humanity is being pushed to the brink of extinction by the overwhelming force of the mobile armors, giant mechanical beasts with the sole purpose of eradicating humanity.

The divided Earth sphere finally united to find a way to save humanity and defeat the mobile armors, thus creating the giant humanoid mecha known as mobile suits.

Unfortunately, their efforts appear to have been in vain as even the mobile suits stand little to no chance against the supreme power of the mobile armors. Despite this, humanity desperately attempts to fight back and survive with the power of the mobile suits.
>>
File: hugo.jpg (126KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
hugo.jpg
126KB, 1024x1365px
You are a pilot of one of these mobile suits, a squad leader with three other pilots under your command.
The Hugo, a Hexa frame mobile suit, has been your companion for the past four months. Your mobile suit is equipped with...

Choose a ranged weapon:
>machine gun
>bazooka
>sniper rifle
>submachine gun
>180mm cannon
>dual pistols
>other

Choose a melee weapon
>Small blade (can be held on its own or attached to a ranged weapon)
>medium length sword
>big ass sword
>axe
>lance
>hammer
>other
>>
>>1413404
>>machine gun
>lance
>>
>>1413404
>>Beam Rifle
>>Beam Saber
>>Haro option parts
>>
>>1413404
>180mm cannon
>lance
>>
>>1413404
>>180mm cannon
>medium length sword
>>
File: 2d7tpoj.png (130KB, 507x335px) Image search: [Google]
2d7tpoj.png
130KB, 507x335px
>>1413426
>Two votes Lance, two votes cannon (this can be changed later on if you want)

Today, you and your squad are out on patrol in search of deserters. Deserters are usually ignored, but this particular group had begun using their mobile suits to terrorize and plunder from the very people they were sworn to protect, and your squad is tasked with stopping them.

Your mobile suits come close to one of the many abandoned cities in California, where the latest sighting of the deserters were reported to be.

A video appears on the lower right corner of your screen, showing your second in command and close friend, Jamik
"So where do we check first, boss man? We got a few places they could be hidin out at. Old military base to the south is kind of an obvious place to look, then we gots the stadium to the east that's big enough to hide mobile suits in. They gots a good number of intact skyscrapers around to the north, they could be hiding around there right now and waiting to ambush us. Wha's the plan?"

Where will you go first?
>North
>South
>East
>Other (write-in whatever you guys want to do)
>>
>>1413404
>machine gun
>Small blade
>A shield if possible
IBO seems to exclusively run on projectile weapons, so shields are especially useful.
>>
>>1413522
Lets head >East, they probably didn't camp in the base since it IS too obvious.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1413523
Now we have two votes for machine guns and cannons, I'll roll to see what you have.
Machine gun -1
Cannon - 2

I forgot to mention shields.. As for a shield, you can go for a small shield, a medium shield, or a large shield.
The bigger the shield, the slower you'll be. You'll have better defense to make up for it, though.
>>
>>1413522
>North
If nothing else, there could be good vantage points
>>
>>1413522
>North
Medium shield
cannon
>>
>>1413522
>>North
>>
>>1413543
No shield
>>
>>1413537
You tell Jamik that the base is too obvious, and choose to go North.
Jamik takes point and leading the group. He currently has with him a machine gun with a small blade attached to it, and a medium shield.

A little behind him is Veronica, armed with her own machine gun, a small shield and a medium sword sheathed on her Hugo's backpack.

Next to her is Edgar, with a bazooka and a big ass sword that would be more accurate to describe as a huge slab of metal with a handle than an actual sword.

You lag a little further behind, choosing to be their long range support with your 180mm cannon.

"So how'll we do this, sir?" you hear Veronica's voice through the comms speak up.

You think for a moment, and decide to..
>Go straight in, see if they come out, and retaliate if they do
>Have someone (say who) perch on top of one of the taller skyscrapers to get a better view, but possibly expose them to the enemy
>Fire on the buildings, smoke them out
>Other
>>
>>1413586
If we think they're hiding in the buildings, why not just bring them down? Mobile suits are huge, and these are uninhabited ruins. We need space to rebuild anyway.
>>
>>1413586
>>Go straight in, see if they come out, and retaliate if they do
>>
>>1413586
>>Fire on the buildings, smoke them out
turns out there was normal peopel livving in them
>>
>>1413601
>>1413613
You decide that the best course of action would be to open fire on the buildings, reduce their cover and smoke them out.

You give the order, and...

Roll me a d20
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1413630
>>
>>1413647
Jamik and Veronica fire with their machine guns, wreaking havoc on the buildings ahead. You see Edgar fire one of his bazookas, causing one of the bigger skyscrapers to crumble and fall sideways, crashing onto other buildings. Together, they manage to level a good chunk of the buildings ahead.

It goes quiet for a moment.... until the sound of gunfire erupts and overtakes the silence. You and your team take cover behind the wrecks of nearby buildings, as you see two dots on your radar signifying the ahab waves of three mobile suits.

"Looks like you was right again, boss." Jamik says over the comms

The fact that there are only two on radar is a little concerning though, because there's supposed to be five.

The two firing their machine guns at you are keeping cover behind some buildings, and refuse to move.

What will you and your squad do?
>>
>>1413719
Can we move back and around? The other enemies are either not here or also trying to flank, so let's see if we can beat then at their own game.
>>
>>1413719
They're trying to flank while we're pinned, have Jamik use his medium shield to draw their fire while either us or Edgar line up a shot maybe?
>>
Rolled 18, 15, 11 = 44 (3d20)

>>1413736
>>1413740
Forgot to say, go ahead and roll a d20 when proposing actions or doing anything, too.
Since there aren't many players right now, what I'm thinking of dong is just going with the suggestion that gets the highest roll and thus the better chance of success.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1413740
il second this
>>
>>1413740
Thirded. We have a cannon, let's use it.
>>
>>1413815
Forgot my roll.
>>
>>1413819
What? Why isn't my roll showing up?
>>
>>1413826
your doing it wrong?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>1413761
>>1413761
>>
>>1413835
I don't think so. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Im on mobile? Let me try again.
>>
>>1413815
Are you putting dice+1d20 on the options field?

>>1413784
>>1413842

"Aiight boss, you got it."
Jamik hops out of cover and gets out in the open, trading shots with the two hidden mobile suits while his shield absorbs most of the shots.

You take this opportunity to aim your cannon at the building they're firing from. A cannon with this much power can easily demolish the building and possibly pierce through one of the mobile suits hiding behind it, if you're lucky.

Unfortunately, you aren't lucky. Before you manage to line your sights and take the shot, three grenades go flying through the air towards your group and smoke quickly covers the area.
You see nothing but smoke, although you do notice two more blips on your radar.

You hear an explosion, quickly followed by Jamik's voice in the comms.
"Aw shit they got me! Bazooka fire, from the left! My Hugo ain't got no left arm now! I can't see shit!"

"Machine gun fire, from the right." Veronica adds in.

These guys move fast.

What will you do?
>Continue fighting, your visual sight is useless but you can still get a general idea of where they are through radar
>Retreat for now, find a better space to fight
>Other
>>
>>1413899
that's what I'm doing but it isn't working.

>retreat
>>
>>1413899
>>Retreat for now, find a better space to fight
>>
>>1413912
Weird. Dunno how to help you there though, sorry.

>>1413924
You quickly order a retreat, realizing that you're at a complete disadvantage here.

You stumble out of the smoke, thankful that you brought a shield that took most of the damage during the retreat.

You're out in the open now though, you and your team are by a highway with little cover.

>Circle around, try to flank
>The smoke is clearing, meet them head on
>Back up some more and try to lure them into a better area
>Other
>>
>>1413960

>Circle around, try to flank

But we stand there beening the bait
>>
File: garm.jpg (33KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
garm.jpg
33KB, 640x360px
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1413990
You order the others to circle around while you stand your ground to bait them.

One of them fires at you from behind a building, and you reply with a shot of your own.
It rips through the building which crumbles down. The mobile suit that hid behind it, which you now recognize is a Garm Rodi, charges straight for you with a large machete.

>Fire again with the cannon
>Take out your lance and charge

Either way, roll a d20.
>>
>>1414081
Forgot to say, or other.
You can always choose to do something else, if you think of anything.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1414081

>Fire again with the cannon

Mybe use the cannon to make dust so we can move around and lance?
>>
>>1414134
Shoot at its feet
Like the ground in front of it ao ot cant see
Then we move around to ether get lancing or hind
>>
>>1414081

Also what did you think of how it ended?
>>
Jeez, this is taking off way better than my own Mech Suit quest thread
>>
>>1414134
You shoot by its feet intending to kick up some dust and debris to hinder its sight and go in for a melee attack.
It goes better than expected, and the powerful blow from the cannon knocks it off balance.

Now momentarily collapsed on the ground, you use this chance to charge in and pierce through its thick armor with your lance.

>Disable the mobile suit
>Go for a killing blow

Not completely happy with it, but can't say I didn't expect it.
I'll never not be mad about Rustal getting away with everything though.
I'd give it a 6/10
>>
>>1414222
Which one is yours?
>>
>>1414234
Overdrive, a Mech Suit Quest
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>1414229

>Go for a killing blow

They would just be killed any ways

I got a bit pissed about that
But over i loved mlst of it probs my fav gundom now.
But in the end they did everything they wanted to do mostly.
>>
>>1414260
Yours looks like it's doing well too.
I honestly don't feel like it's doing that well since most of the players seem to have left. Your writing's definitely better than mine, so you have that going for you. Hang in there!

>>1414303
You stab into the cockpit with your lance, killing the pilot instantly. A bit of guilt washes over you, but you know that he would have been executed for his crimes, anyway.

Meanwhile, your squad succeeded in flanking the enemy, which explains all the bullets that aren't being shot into you right now.

>Keep the lance, charge in and assist your squad in a melee
>Switch back to the cannon, find a good vantage point to give some support fire
>>
Just realized I forgot the name..

>>1414303

It's honestly one of my favorites too, mostly because it has some of the best designs in my opinion. I have a lot of gripes about the story and characters and overall bad writing, but I still like it. I wish they'd do a calamity war OVA or something, but I highly doubt it. Just more wasted potential.
>>
>>1414366

>Switch back to the cannon, find a good vantage point to give some support fire

We dont need to hit them
Can just use the blast to force them in bad postions and eayer for team members to take then out
Like hearding.

I mean you both could do one quest?
>>
>>1414395
Roll me a d20
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1414410
>>
>>1414394

Some things i was a bit iffy about but hay.
I mean they just make a whole show about that time.

Kinda wanted him to have 2 kids.

But thats how it is even if he got away they made big changes in the world around them
>>
File: pl.jpg (43KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
pl.jpg
43KB, 560x560px
>>1414450
You hook the lance back onto your backpack and switch to your 180mm cannon, using your verniers to boost up atop a building to fire at the Garm Rodis below. With your squad's noteworthy teamwork and your cannon's powerful support, you manage to slowly push them back.
Despite this, the Garms are managing to keep it together without a single casualty. Whoever these guys are, they're not bad.

As you begin to close in, a deafening screech shatters through the sky followed by a slow and steady rumbling on the ground, everyone from both sides freezing for a moment as they slowly realize what it is they just heard.
The intense fighting had kept everyone distracted, unable to notice the many, many blips on the radar until it was too late.

You see it first, since you had the high ground and thus a better view of your surroundings. A stampede of the plumas are heading your way, and fast.
You let your team know, and all except the ever silent Edgar are quick to speak up.
"Aw shit, we're fucked. We're FUCKED. We need to get out of here, NOW!" Jamik says.
"No, we can't!" Veronica argues. "There's an extremely high probability that the mobile armor and the plumas are on their way to the city. If we don't do something, countless deaths will be on our hands."

"Then, let's radio HQ and get the hell out, I ain't dyin here! Waddya say, boss?"

You try to contact headquarters, but all you get is static. Is the mobile armor jamming the signal? You're unsure. All you know now is that a mobile armor and its army of pluma are heading towards a city with countless people, and the only thing standing in its way is you, your team, and a squad of deserters.

What will you do?
>Stand and fight (how?)
>Retreat (to where?)
>Other

Feel free to suggest what you want to do and make plans, I'm gonna get some sleep and continue tomorrow.

But yeah, the ending of the anime is what it is, might as well accept it for what it is.
>>
>>1414607

Open coms to the people we are fighting and ask for a truce and that we will lwt them go and hunt them a differnt day if they help us foght this things off

Ether way we are fighting here

Tey to let the city know whats hapoening
>>
>>1414607
>Stand and fight (how?)
Prioritize taking out the Plumas while keeping a distance from the mobile armor. The mobile armor likely has no effective ranged attacks if it's anything like the Hasmal, it's the swarm of drones it generates that's the real threat. If we thin out its forces enough it will have to retreat to gather more resources and rebuild them.
>>
>>1416281
We cant let it rebuild anything
Itl just go around killing
We gots to try to take it out

Take out the little ones then ise the other gundoms to keep it places for us to unless all the rounds into it
>>
File: pluma.jpg (139KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pluma.jpg
139KB, 1200x1200px
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1416281
>>1416638

You open the comms to all channels, purposely letting the deserters hear your orders as well. "Cease fire on the deserters and focus fire on the pluma to thin the horde, we'll figure out how to deal with the MA once it shows itself. Too many lives are at stake here, so we're going to make a stand. All of us."
You make sure to emphasize that last part.
"Help us fight here, and we'll pretend we didn't see you here once the fighting is over."

Your squad gives you a roger and open fire, unleashing all they can at the seemingly endless sea of pluma.

Meanwhile, you hear unfamiliar voices to you over the comms.
"No way in hell we're staying here to die, the whole reason we left the army was to AVOID this! Once this is all over? The only way this will end is when we're all wiped out by that thing! Come on boys, we're getting out of here."

"No, we can't! We all have family back there, we can't just leave them to die!"

"John is right, I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if I ran away while leaving ma and pa to die like this.."

"I.. I'll stay too, sarge."

"You're all crazy. Stay here and die, for all I care."

You see the Commander Rodi begin backing up, before turning around and running the other way. The three other Garm Rodis though, form up with you and your squad and starts firing at the horde coming right for you. You check your cannon, and see that you have six shots remaining before you're out of ammo.

>Fire with your cannon to take out big clusters of Pluma
>Save your ammo for the MA, ready your lance to engage the pluma once they get close
>Other

Roll me some d20's too.

Sorry for the incredibly late update, I ended up getting home much much later than I expected.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>1417811

I guse try to get the others to play bait/ froce them into big groups to take more out
But only use 4 rounds
And save 2 for the big guy
>>
>>1417811

There is your d20 mahah

Want me to roll any more?
Looks like we getting a promotion
And more moneys

Any way for us to take anything off of it to add to is?
Mybe the tail we can add to us
>>
>>1417923
Nice roll there, hoo boy.

You order Jamik, Veronica, and two of the Garm Rodis to keep attacking and act as bait to lure the plumas into large and easy to hit clumps for your powerful cannon. Edgar with his bazooka and one of the Rodi pilots armed with his own bazooka help out in destroying the large herds of pluma.

Your allies expertly bait and herd the plumas, using the surroundings to their advantage and using the narrow city streets and the buildings to get the plumas into large clusters that the explosive power of the cannon and bazookas were able to destroy in large quantities.
You also hatch a idea, and order Edgar to aim his bazooka at the larger skyscrapers, causing them to crash down onto the plumas to bury dozens.

Your calm and strategic leadership had succeeded in taking out the majority of the pluma horde, with only about a quarter of its numbers left.

Morale is steadily increasing, and you feel like you can actually pull this off.
A quick check in with everyone informs you though, that ammo is starting to get low.

Jamik and Veronica are down to their last magazines. One of the Garm Rodis still have two left, while another had lost his gun during the assault and is using a large sword. The Garm Rodi with a bazooka has one shot remaining, and Edgar is out of ammo, now switching over to his big ass sword.
Your own cannon has two shots left, and you fold it back onto your backpack to equip the lance.

The remaining pluma are slowly surrounding your group, and before you can think of what to do next, another screech shatters through the sky and sends shivers down your spine.
It's here.

roll me another d20
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>1418135
>>
File: erelim.jpg (414KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
erelim.jpg
414KB, 2000x1125px
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>1418150
It's hard to keep an eye on the skies while fending off the pluma horde, but your sharp eyes still manage to catch it.

You use your verniers to boost towards one of the Rodi pilots, pushing him out of the way just in time to save him from the talons of the large, bird-like mobile armor.
Despite its size, it's faster than you expected, and it would have caught you in its grasp if you had not raised your lance and intercepted its attack just in time.

The mobile armor screeches, goes up into the sky once more, before dropping down again in an attempt to cut your mobile suit apart with its talons.

>Dodge then shoot with the cannon's remaining bullets
>Shoot it with the cannon before it can reach you
>Take out the lance and attack when it closes in
>Other

Keep rolling those d20's
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>1418207
>Shoot it with the cannon before it can reach you

Have peoples with swords try to stab hold it in place?
>>
>>1418249
The ma has narthing on us
>>
>>1418304
Jesus fuck man, your rolls. You're probably using up all your life's worth of luck in one night hahaha.

You grit your teeth and wait for the mechanical beast to make another pass towards you. You aim your cannon, trying to ignore the fact that if you miss this shot, you'll most likely get ripped to shreds.

You decide that your best shot would be when it gets as close as possible, too close for it to react fast enough and dodge. So with your breath held, you wait for it to get closer.
And closer....
And closer..........
You can feel your palms sweating and your heartbeat racing as the mobile armor closes in.
As it does, you notice that the mobile armor is damaged, most likely from a previous battle. You see that the damage has created a hole in its chest armor and exposing the frame inside, a weakness that you decide to exploit.

Just when the MA is mere feet away, you press the trigger with all your might and shoot, your cannon's powerful shot finding its mark between the broken gap in its armor, a large explosion occurring shortly after as the bullet decimating the giant bird and creating a large, flaming hole where its chest used to be.

It harmlessly passes you and crashes right behind you, its defeat made evident by the fact that the remaining pluma shut down, just in time to save one of the Rodi pilots who was getting overwhelmed.

Everything is quiet for a moment, as everyone tries to process what just happened.
"Did.... did we really just win?" one of the Rodi pilots says over the comms.
"You saved my life, holy shit!" the other adds in.
"Holy shit boss, you actually took it down! You ACTUALLY took it down!" Jamik says in utter disbelief.
You too are at a loss for words, either because of shock or because of the fear and adrenaline from the battle moments ago that has yet to fade out.

What will you do/say now?

>Return to base, let the deserters go, keeping your word
>Order your team to shoot the deserters, they'll be hunted down again anyway
>Other
>>
>>1418399

>Return to base, let the deserters go, keeping your word

We can leave them a offer to join us if they want just got to repaint there shit.
Also try to loot the birdy for any thing or at lest let hq know

I know right you should see ancient mosnter i think it was we got like 3 20s befor we even left the starting point
>>
File: fire.png (720KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
fire.png
720KB, 1366x768px
>>1418634
You give the deserters the offer to go back with you, stating that they should be pardoned for their crimes since they assisted in taking down a mobile armor, a feat that many would have deemed impossible. All but one refuse, saying that they'd rather lay low than be sent out to fight more mobile armors.

The one who stays, who introduces himself as Dean, thanks you and says that he'd very much like to see his family again.

As you leave, you pass by the wreckage of the mobile armor. The thought to loot it for anything interesting crosses your mind, but you wouldn't even know how to go about figuring out what could and couldn't be used, so you opt to return to hq and let them haul the wreckage in themselves for inspection and possible salvaging. Once you get back, you have a hell of a story to tell them.

You try to get in touch with hq on your way back to let them know what happened, but strangely, there are still no replies.
As you get closer to home, you see large pillars of smoke coming from the distance in the direction of the city. You connect the dots soon afterwards, and realize why hq has been quiet. They've already been under attack this whole time, made evident by the three large flying figures you can see circling the city along with occasional explosions.

"Oh no, my ma and pa!" Dean says as he fires his boosters and speeds towards the city.
You and the rest of your team feel the same sense of urgency, and rush towards the scene.
"Shit, the fuck's going on? THREE mobile armors? Ain't NO way we can take them all down!" Jamik says.
"We HAVE to try!" Veronica replies.

As you get closer to the city, you approach a squad of three Hugos fighting off dozens of pluma. They're getting overwhelmed, one of the three being swallowed by the swarm as the plumas aggressively tear apart the mobile suit with their drills.
A quick check with the team realizes that everyone except Veronica and Dean have run out of bullets. You'll have to fight the pluma in melee combat, a much more difficult task.
What will you do?

>Join the fray and help them out, the city can wait
>Circle around and let the squad of Hugos be a diversion so you and your squad can safely pass, the city is more important
>Split the team, some staying to help and others advancing forward (state who)
>Other

Sorry for the slow updates, I realized I picked a terrible time to do this since I have exams to study for this week.
But yeah, you got some unbelievably lucky rolls which kind of ended the fight a little anticlimactically haha. I'll try to make things more exciting and challenging from now on, though.
>>
>>1421529
Oh and, whatever you choose to do, roll a d20
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>1421529

>Split the team, some staying to help and others advancing forward (state who)
Those with ammo carry on
The rest help and hopefully find ammo
>>
>>1421563
You order those with ammo to go on ahead, Dean and Veronica complying and moving on while you, Edgar and Jamik close in on the Hugos and pluma.

You grasp the lever on your left hand tightly and push it forward, causing your mobile suit to thrust forward with its verniers at full speed, lance raised as it soon rams into some of the pluma eating away at the recently fallen Hugo.
You push some buttons and step on a few pedals and your mobile mobile suit plants its feet firmly into the ground, skidding a bit before finally stopping. Edgar and Jamik follow shortly after, using their melee weapons to destroy the remaining pluma on the Hugo.

Unfortunately, it appears your team arrived too late, as closer inspection of the Hugo reveals that the cockpit had riddled with holes, a mix of blood and oil seeping out.

You turn around and face the remaining pluma, and count about a dozen remaining.
Meanwhile....
You are Veronica Azure, and you are en route to the city with your enemy-turned-ally, Dean.
The closer you get to the city, the more you realize how bad things are really getting. Smoke and fires engulf the city, the defense forces are spread thin trying to defeat the hordes of pluma, and those trying to stop the mobile armors are quickly and easily torn apart.
Your current magazine is half full, with one extra magazine remaining. Dean tells you that he's on his last magazine, although it's still mostly full.
What will you do?

>Get back to base to resupply first
>Link up with the outer city defense forces, stop the pluma from getting into the city
>Link up with the inner city defense forces, try to do something about the mobile armors.
>Other

Roll me a d20 to see how the first group is doing, too.
>>
>>1421651
Did the suits that we try to help out have any weapons left ammo grenades rockets
>>
>>1421732
The pair of Hugos that your character stayed to help out?

One has a rifle with two magazines remaining, the other has its rifle hooked to its backpack, deciding to use its axe since the pluma are getting in too close.
Neither of the two have grenades.

However, they tell you that their fallen team mate still had two unused grenades, an axe and a rifle. They don't know how much ammo the rifle has remaining, though.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>1421651
>>Get back to base to resupply first
>>
>>1421927

You are still Veronica Azure. You decide that you won't be much help to anyone when low on ammo, so you tell Dean to follow you back to base to resupply.
The path there isn't smooth, and you used up the remaining half of your magazine on approaching pluma, but you make it. The base is a concrete fort right at the edge of the city, some roads and buildings destroyed by the battles. The base is in utter chaos as tanks and mobile suits come in and out for repairs, refueling and resupplying. You and Dean aren't even asked for any type of identification or details, you are just told to make your way to an empty lot to do your business and head back out.

Countless injured men are being carried across the base in stretchers, and you notice that most of the tanks and mobile suits leaving to jump back into the fray have already suffering various levels of damage. You see a mobile suit limp toward the base before collapsing shortly past the entrance. Things aren't looking good.

You hear a voice that shakes you out of your thoughts, asking you if you'd like to switch your armaments.

>Stick with the machine gun
>Switch to a bazooka
>Switch to a shotgun
>Switch to a 180mm cannon (limited ammo)
>Switch to a 4-tube missile launcher (limited ammo)
>Switch to a sniper rifle

Also, if you have anything you'd like to say or ask about to the workers/pilots here, now is the time.
>>
Keep the assault rifle and get a shotgun
>>
>>1422173
You request extra ammo for your assault rifle along with one of the spare shotguns.
You now have four assault rifle magazines and three shotgun magazines.
You also replace your medium shield that got pretty banged up during the first fight.

You soon start up your mobile suit once more after refueling and head out with Dean following close behind.

"I asked the mechanics and I heard most civilians managed to evacuate to the bunkers on time, so that's good.. problem is, such a huge cluster of people in one place is bound to get the attention of the mobile armors sooner rather than later, and no solid assault force has been assembled yet to deal with them. Any who tried got wiped out pretty fast, so now the pilots are afraid to try." Dean informs you.

"To make matters worse, the outer city defense forces are slowly getting overwhelmed, they need help or the hordes of pluma will flood into the city. What should we do?"

You think for a moment.. You were never really the commanding type, leaving that for the lieutenant and Jamik, but if push comes to shove, you won't back down.

You choose to...
>Head deeper into the city, link up with the commanding officer in charge of inner city defenses and help them with the MA problem
>Head outside the city and link up with the outer defense forces to stop the pluma from reaching the city
>Other
>>
>>1422246
Are you able to communicate with both Defense Forces? If yes how much damage can you do to the city because I was more or less thinking of making a choke point with the buildings but there is three mobile armors so that might be too much
>>
>>1422279
The mobile armors are blocking long range radio frequencies, which is why you couldn't contact hq on your way back.
The only way to communicate is through short range communication, which requires you to be, well, in short range.

You can guess though that they'd like to keep damage to the city to the bare minimum since you'll be destroying people's homes and places of work which will greatly hinder the city's recovery speed when this is all over. But, if they had to choose between city property and the lives of the people, then the city can be sacrificed.

If you want to discuss it with a commanding officer, you'd have to find him first. You can see some green blips on your radar signifying friendly mobile suits inside the city, you can discuss it with them if you wish.

>Meet up with inner city forces
>Do something else
>>
>>1422365
>>Head outside the city and link up with the outer defense forces to stop the pluma from reaching the city
must take out the little ones that can heal it
>>
>>1422675
Do this
>>
>>1422675
>>1423148
Hey guys, I decided to just end the session here for now and continue on Friday, since I'm a little too busy up until then to do proper, timely updates. Hope you don't mind.

Thanks for playing, and for bearing with me on my first attempt at trying out a /qst/. It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be, but I've got a lot of ideas for a story, characters, mobile suits and mobile armors and other things that I'd like to throw at you if you all stick around to see it.

Any criticism is appreciated too, I'd like to know what I could improve on so I can create a better experience for all you guys who took interest. I know it wasn't the best first try ever, but I'm looking to improve the more I do this.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.