[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lost Freight Quest 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

“Memo, send out a warning about Ash and Calli.”

“Are you sure?” she says, “They might be... aggressive if they hear about this. It didn’t look like Ash was going to hurt anyone, the last time I saw him.’

“Can’t risk it anymore. Do it.”

A pause. “Okay. Biggs should be ahead. He’s going to need some help.”

You nod at the camera, and check your ammo again.

The ceiling here is higher than the upper two floors, rising high above to a now uncomfortable degree. Even with the lights working fine, you can’t help but feel at unease from the sheer space that any attack can come from. A greater height, a greater number of angles. Your ears perk up intensely, desperate to pick up any sound.

It’s rendered futile when you suddenly find yourself forced to brace your hands on your knees, chest heaving. You cough, your body trying to hack up your lungs. A minute later and your chest burns.

“Shit...” you mumble.

After gathering yourself, you manage to make to find Biggs when you open the last gate to the Flight deck. He’s in his suit, helmet sealed, casually floating upside down respective to you. He looks at you and waves.

“Yooo... Cap.”

“Biggs.”

“Here to do the thing?”

“Yes, the thing.”

“I mean, you gonna use another module?” he asks, “When we make it back, we’d be dead broke.”

“If we make it back,” you say, “And why’d you need me to eject it?”

“Don’t got any weapons, Cap,” Biggs answers, “Look.”

You peek through the viewing window, seeing the tar as effectively melted down and begin covering the floor. It’s as if it had glued the container down. The large clamps on the side that held it is also leaking with it. Otherwise, it would seem to be confined. No vents. No doors. No way out.

“Gonna shoot it? Probably should use the gas, man. I don’t trust that spooky shit.”

“No. I need it.”

The PA box besides you has its light flash.

(1/2)
>>
>>1413048
“Captain,” Memo says, “The three in the Engine room are trying to leave.”

“Stop them, then.”

“I’m trying,” she says, “They’re tampering with the gates.”

“Tell them to stop it or I’ll come over to kick their asses.”

“Already did. They’re saying they can’t spend another moment in there. It’s hot and the air circulation isn’t working properly.”

“Fuck. I’ll leave it to you then,” you say, “Oh, and can you do something about the module?”

“...”

“Memo?”

“...Ah, sorry. Something urgent came up. I’ll disable the module, but that’s the best I can do.”

“What...? I’m not an engineer, how am I supposed to get it out?”

“...”

“Fucking great.”

Biggs answers, “I can help. Maybe. No promises.”

You sigh.

>Open the airlock first.
>Deal with the container while the airlock is opening.
>Airlock shut. Free the container first.

>Have Biggs come in with you to help.
>Have Biggs come, and give him a gun.
>Biggs stays back.

>Shoot at the sludge.
>Shoot away the tethering clamps.
>>
Previous Thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1386910/
>>
>>1413052
>Airlock shut. Free the container first.
>Have Biggs come in with you to help.
>Shoot away the tethering clamps.
It worries me that the air isn't circulating properly since the sludge went into the vents at one point. Maybe it's growing and blocking the air flow
>>
Writing
>>
You go over to the control panel and flip a switch to reverse the clamps. It gets stuck, to no one’s surprise, and you shake your head.

“Biggs, you’re coming in with me.”

“...Huh? What do you need me for?”

You open the door to the deck and say, “An extra pair of hands.”

You step inside, and Biggs shortly follows. Cautiously, you look around, and then at the ceiling of the ship.

“Demagnetize and get up there. There should be a maintenance panel for the decon module.”

“I ain’t maintenance, though.”

“Can’t be that hard, Biggs,” you say, “I’ll deal with this piece of shit.”

He nods, and then he kicks off and away. You turn back, and admire how pieces of cleaning supplies are halfway being eaten by the sludge. Swinging the pulse rifle onto your back, you unstrap the laser cutter from the other side. You take aim, and then you hold down on the trigger.

Heat blasts out, slowly carving through the joints that it’s pointed at. When three quarters of the top are cut away, the machinery behind it kicks in and tears free. It’s about then you stare blankly at the container. It’s physically attached to the flooring of the ship.

“Oh, fuck me.”

You realize you have two options; you can either slice a nice, round hole into the Flight deck and watch it slowly drift it out to space, or disintegrate the tar with your plasma rifle. Remembering Hu’s reaction to the plasma hit, you think about your choices.

Then, you’ve come to a decision. Aiming the laser cutter downwards, you begin to cut free as little of the checker plate as possible. Is this a shitass idea? Obviously.

Do you have any better options? Fuck no.

Slowly, you begin to free the giant mass from the ship in attempt to compromise neither. As you circle the ship, you take notice of the markings on the steel box. After a second of intense focusing, you make out the “Laboratory Disposal” somewhere. The welding done that used to seal the fucking thing in the first place looks sloppy and haphazard too.

When you’re done, or at least believe so, you go around to meet Biggs, who has dragged something past the door of the flight deck.

(1/2)
>>
>>1413356
“You took the whole fucking thing?” you say.

The container along with all the wires, half-cut tubes, machinery, and all sorts of complicated shit that redirects it and distributes the module, and also its contents, is now floating in front of Biggs, who doesn’t seem to be on the same page.

“Yeah...?”

“The Flight deck sure as hell isn’t going to be using one of these again for a while,” you say, “But good job.”

“Whatever,” he says, “You freed the thing, right? I’m opening the airlock and ejecting it.”

“Go ahead.”

He flips a couple of switches, and the deck opens up. You hear the rush of air as it escapes out and the sound of the steel plates groaning as it’s slowly pulled out of the ship. It turns around slowly, allowing you to see the inside. The sludge is moving. It tries to reach forth to grab onto the rest of the ship, latching onto an old panel.

“Ah, fuck.”

You glance uneasily, unsure whether to step out to shoot at it. The problem is solved when the shitty piece of paneling breaks free, letting everything float out and away. That shitty piece of paneling also came with some shitty wires, that come with more shitty paneling. Eventually, a giant hole appears, a giant compromise to the integrity of the deck.

The container and all slowly floats away, and the deck slowly closes, cutting it off from your world.

“Biggs, don’t flood it with air. Just lock the room,” you groan.

“I know, I know.”

As he does his job, you go over to the PA box, dragging the module behind you. The fuck are you supposed to do with this? You could rig it to a suit or something, but you can’t even do that when all of this is stuck along with it. Worst case scenario, it fucking activates in your face and blows up.

You press the button. “Memo.”

“...”

“...”

“...”

“Memo?”

“...”

Probably busy.

>Go to Engines. There’s some smart people there.
>Go find the other maintenance crew member. Not Ash.
>Find Security again.
>Write-in.
>>
>>1413365
>Go to Engines. There’s some smart people there.
>>
>>1413675
Seconded, engine room for smart humans. Ps love the story
>>
>>1413365
>>Go to Engines. There’s some smart people there.
>>
>>1413365
>Check on Memo. Too suspicious.
>>
>>1415628
Yeah this. If she's compromised then we're screwed completely
>>
>>1415628
Thirding.
>>
>>1415628
Agreed. Gota have memo
>>
Is the Quest/OP dead then?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.