[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MOTHER QUEST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (363KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
363KB, 2560x1600px
Welcome... To the world of Mother Quest.

Before we begin, I'd like to ask you all a couple of questions. I know there might be a squabble or two, but I'd like us to be able to come to a consensus if possible. The fate of Bleech Suburbs, and possibly the world, rests on the cooperation of your controlling forces.

Now...
>>
File: OurHeroes.png (303KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
OurHeroes.png
303KB, 1000x1000px
If it's possible, I'd like you to tell us the following. Ignore the stylistic mismatch, please.

-Name the Orange-Haired Boy.
-Name the Blonde-Haired Girl.
-Name the Punkish Dude.
-Name the Loyal Dog.

Thank you for your patronage.
>>
>>1408847
Or, if no alternatives are presented, they can be named by default.

Eric.
Nancy.
Spike.
Prince.

If you can agree with these options, simply reply to this post, and no more needs to be said.
>>
>>1408876
Works for me
>>
>>1408876
Fine with me
>>
>>1408847
>Ricky
>T.H.O.T
>Sid
>Fido
>>
>>1408847
> Lewis
> Sally
> Jimmy Savage
>Rufus Rover Rutherford III
>>
>>1409056
All these names except for Sally, I want her to be called Thot
>>
>>1408876
I like these, but could we name the dog Jove?
I just think it's a fun name really.
>>
>>1408847
> Rick
> Thot
> Jimmy Savage
>>
>>1408847
> Lewis
> T.H.O.T
> Jimmy Savage
>>
>thot

why

>>1409056
Supporting + Jove, if not the defaults.
>>
>>1408847

>Elliot
>Darla
>Iggy
>Boots
>>
>>1408847
>>1409958

Alt:

>Leo
>Kitty
>Rooster
>Enos

>Buster
>Lydia
>Reggie
>Fang

>Bart
>Max
>Jack
>Woof

>Link
>Zelda
>Groose
>Epona

>Rudy
>Nina
>Butch
>Santa

>Albert
>Natalia
>Max
>Dogmeat

....I started having too much fun with this.
>>
Sorry about that, players. It seems my sleeping medication kicked in faster than I would have liked.

You have decided to name the group...

Lewis
Thot
Jimmy Savage
Rufus Rover Rutherford III

A couple of more questions, if you wouldn't mind, before we can get started. These are the last two, I promise.

What is Lewis's favorite food, and his favorite thing?

The default options are:
Soda.
Math.
Simply respond to this post if those are acceptable to you.
>>
>>1410468
Beefsteak.
Math.
>>
Also, as you will find, I tend to move about during the day a fair amount, so I've established this tripod to keep track of which ID is mine at any given moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'll close this vote in either another hour or once we get two or three more voters, whichever happens first, I suppose.
>>
>>1410468
Beefsteak
Math
>>
>>1410562
>>1410481
Thank you.

Let us begin.

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByNvDFHTihc ]

You're... Asleep. You think you are. Right?

Your name is Lewis. You know that much. Let's take a look at you... Pale skin, orange hair. Yep, that's you, alright.

Looking down, you can see... You! You seem to be asleep in your bed, and the you that your consciousness rests within now is hovering slightly above it. You can tell because you realize you are not standing on anything.

Controlling your hover is as simple as willing it to be. Outside the bedroom window, you see the sky - swirls of purple and red and blue, spiraling like galaxy arms, with bright, sulfuric acid yellow clouds drifting across the surface like fog. You realize very quickly that something's not quite right - the bright orange and yellow and brown trees that surround your house have gnarled into dark black hands, reaching and grasping upwards.

Yet, this is the most lucid you've ever been during a dream. The inside of your house is perfectly normal in its coloration. The you on the bed slumbers peacefully, unaware of the transition outdoors.

You hear a heavy rumble, and, seconds later, delayed like a clap of thunder, the house rocks back and forth, furniture rattling. And then again.

You can tell, as the sound gets louder and louder, that they're footsteps.

>Attempt to wake yourself up.
>Attempt to climb out the window.
>Attempt to wake the you on the bed up.
>Other [Write-In]
>>
>>1410620
>>
>>1410657
Seconding
>>
>>1410620
>>
>>1410704
>>1410685
>>1410657
You attempt to wake up yourself on the bed. Grabbing your shoulders, giving yourself a shake, but the more you poke and prod at your bed-self's prone body, the more you feel your own hands grabbing at your dream-self. It seems any sort of physical sensation on your bed-self is transferred to your own dreaming body.

You spend about five minutes poking and prodding at yourself until you realize that the footsteps seem to have stopped entirely. Probably about a minute ago. You look at the landscape outside, a single red, angry moon glaring at you through the window, surrounded by a cyan sky.

And then the moon blinks, and you realize that it's a giant eyeball about the size of your head, and that something very big is very, very close to your dream-house.

>Run.
>Attempt to wake yourself up, now!
>Hit it with something pointy.
>Other [Write-In]
>>
>>1410730
>Hit it with something pointy.
>>
>>1410730
>Attempt to wake yourself up, now!
>>
>>1410730
>>Hit it with something pointy.
>>
>>1410901
>>1410736
Grabbing the nearest pointy object, you instinctively reach for a pencil, finding it weighty and corporeal in your hands despite you being in some kind of strange semi-dream. Or maybe you're just having a particularly vivid dream, you're not sure. Yanking your window up, you ram the pencil into the pupil of the gigantic thing, as it slides inside and disappears, a loud, formless roar shaking the house.

SMAAAAASH! Lewis deals 10 damage to the Acerbic Intruder!

You see the creature as it reels backwards, or part of it, anyway. It has a long, disgustingly long neck, and it's body plan seems strangely equine, with its neck easily being double the length of it's car-sized body. It has a large, pointed, serrated beak in the place of a horse's maw, and two bright reddish-magenta eyes, one of which is leaking an eye-searing yellow liquid down the side of the creature's face. You see an array of rainbow colored organs inside the creature's body, all thumping along at differing tempos and speeds, and a set of long limbs that stretch out of the view of the windowsill, equally as long and gangly as the creature's incredibly hideous neck. It rears backwards, and as it snaps its head forward...

You wake up, with the most horrible sense of deja-vu. Your clock reads 8 AM, and you look at the window - it's open. You look towards your desk, to find your normal schoolwork pencil missing. You know that neither of those things were true when you went to sleep, and you have a perfect recollection of the entire 'dream', if that's what it was. The sensation of you grabbing your own shoulders still weighs on your senses, and the horrific visage of the creature from your dream sears at your head. You look outside, just to make sure, and it seems that reality itself is at peace.

You know you aren't going to be able to get back to sleep anytime soon. The sun's already beginning to peak out, so how should you start your day?

Your name is Lewis Mark, same as it always has been. You have a father, Frank (although his name is Dad to you), from whom you get your tangly red hair from, and your love of mathematics (he's an engineer!). Your mother, Amelia, is a private jet pilot, so she's out of the house fairly often, ferrying around presidents and military officials and other important people. You have her tall, lanky frame. You have a brother, Clarke, who's 6 years your senior, putting him at 19 years of age - he's already moved out to the big city, Aammoni City, for internships.

You're a 13 year old boy, and the world is your oyster! Let's get started!

>Watch the news.
>Make yourself a delicious Beefsteak breakfast.
>Call Mom.
>Other [Write-In]
>>
>>1411164
>sharpen a new pencil
some things MUST BE DONE
>make breakfast
>>
>>1411164
>Make yourself a delicious Beefsteak breakfast
>>
>>1411164
>Make yourself a delicious Beefsteak breakfast
ah yeah
beef
>>
>>1411203
>>1411177
>>1411173
You decide that, first things first, you should sharpen yourself a new pencil. After all, the pen(cil) is mightier than the sword(cil). And you could use something for self-defense! Against bugs!

Obtained Sharpened Pencil!
Lewis has equipped the Sharpened Pencil!

Then, you decide to make yourself a beefsteak breakfast. Normally, you would cook a hunk of steak for yourself - you've taught yourself, with a great deal of proficiency, multiple ways of cooking steak. Braising, searing, broiling, stewing, sous vide, roasted, you get the picture. However, you already have some leftovers from last night's meal with your Dad. That, of course, you cooked.

Leftover steak is not the best thing in the world but it saves you a whole lot of effort. Plus, when it's made by you, it IS pretty good. Your father is already sitting at the kitchen table, reading a very heavy looking scientific publication of some sort. Even with your grades-ahead math knowledge, you're still lost when you try looking at those.

"Say, champ, have you heard the weird news recently?" Says he.

"What weird news?" You respond.

"Apparently, a lot of people have been having strange dreams recently. Horrific nightmares where they get attacked by monsters. Apparently, the local hospital has been overtaken with a rash of catatonia cases. Isn't that spooky?" Your dad says, seeming somewhat excited by the news, in that weird, dad-ly way he likes to get when he hears something grim happening. He's always told you that Halloween is his favorite holiday. He always loves scaring the neighbors.

"Oh? Dad, that's not a good thing at all." You respond in between mouthfuls of food.

"Oh, I know, I just think it's so interesting! I wonder what's the cause - is it some kind of virus with similar symptoms? Maybe a government conspiracy, trying to use radio waves to brainwash us!" Your dad says, chuckling. "Or maybe it's aliens! Can you believe it? Aliens!"

"Yeah... Crazy, huh?" You say. You don't feel like telling him about your dream would be very wise. He'd probably go catatonic with worry himself. "Anything else in weird news land?"

"Yeah! Get this, seriously, this one's crazy - apparently, some of the people that have gotten the dreams but woken up have said they've seen the monsters when they're awake!" Your dad says.

"Dad, that's the same news from before." You respond, rolling your eyes, as your heart jumps up into your throat.

"No, wait, it gets better! Apparently, these visions are starting to spread to other people! I hope you didn't have them, champ!"

You gulp. Out of your peripheral hearing, you hear footsteps in the house that your dad doesn't seem to notice. In the attic, and in the basement. "Yeah. Spooky."

>Go to the attic.
>Go to the basement.
>Go watch TV and ignore the noises.
>Other [Write-In]
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>1411262
>Go to the attic.
>Go to the basement.
Rolling for my choice. Not sure where I want to go
>>
>>1411262
>Dad, umm. I have.
>Go to the attic.
>>
>>1411164
>Your mother, Amelia, is a private jet pilot, so she's out of the house fairly often, ferrying around presidents and military officials and other important people.
>MOTHER QUEST

I was promised mothers. Why would you do this to me.
>>
>>1411349
Because I'm cruel, and for thematic purposes.

Don't worry, you will get your mothers.
>>
OP I've already lost Paper Mario Quest and Kirby quest please don't die on me

Also
>>1411332
I choose this
>>
File: mr_batty_by_ozwalled-d4grb7d.png (169KB, 363x248px) Image search: [Google]
mr_batty_by_ozwalled-d4grb7d.png
169KB, 363x248px
>>1411406
I'll try my best not to.
>>1411332
>>1411293
>>1411406
"Dad, I've had those dreams. I think." You say. Your dad sighs and rolls his eyes.

"Sure you have, champ. Don't you have a summer to be enjoying?" He responds. It seems he doesn't believe you. Maybe he will soon.

You decide to go up to the attic. It's a strange space where you don't go very often - you have to jump up, even with your height, to reach the pull-tab that brings the ladder down. You crawl upwards into the darkness.

The world seems to be blurry at the edge of your vision. You hear scrabbling noises around you, like something moving in the darkness, and when you flick the switch, you catch a strange, twitchy creature, stunned in the lights.

Mr. Batty scrabbles about!

You and him are both immediately startled, and fall on your ass. He gets up before you do and skitters behind an old box.

[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KIDtrS9VDM ]

You've encountered an Intruder - a creature from the world of the mind taking the form of a semi-recognizable being upon being seen by the human eye. Fight Intruders by declaring your action and rolling 1d20 - the action with the most amount of votes is performed, with the lowest and highest roll summed together. In case of a tie, two turns for both you and the enemy are performed, with both actions. The enemy acts in much the same way you do, and rolls the same amount of 1d20 as are chosen for the chosen action, with its highest and lowest results summed up. Whoever's dice is higher has their action succeed.

>Attack with the Sharpened Pencil.
>Defend yourself.
>Examine the Mr. Batty.
>Perform Equations.
>---PSI--- (ERROR: UNAVAILABLE)
>>
>>1411457
For example, say you and two other people choose to attack. You all roll 1d20 with your post, and get a 20, a 10, and a 1. The Mr. Batty chooses to also attack, and rolls 3d20, getting a 19, a 10, and a 1. Since you have 21 and the Mr. Batty has 20, your attack is a success and hits the mark (and, with a 20, is possibly also a SMAAASH attack), and, while the Mr. Batty nibbles at you a bit, his attack is ineffective and deals much less damage than otherwise.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>1411457
>Examine the Mr. Batty.
>talk
"Please don't trespass on private property."
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>1411457
>Perform Equations

Do that Alg 1 shit
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>1411480
This sounds good
>>
>>1411480
>>1411676
Mr. Batty gives you the evil eye!
>>
Rolled 11, 19 = 30 (2d20)

>>1411681
Whoops. Let's roll that again.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1411681
Tell him to turn that frown upside down.
>>
>>1411685
Lewis examines the Mr. Batty!
Mr. Batty gives you the evil eye! (Fail!)
Lewis attempts to converse with the Mr. Batty! (Success!)

From your cursory examination, you can tell that the Mr. Batty is an animal-type Intruder. It is probably weak to something, but it's not anything you have access to, so you don't think about it too much.

Mr. Batty's evil eye fails to intimidate you!

"Please don't trespass on private property." You say. The Mr. Batty looks down at its knees despondently. You can tell by its facial expression that it's very, very sorry.

Mr. Batty has begun crying!

>Attack!
>Defend!
>Examine!
>Perform Equations!
>Other [Write-In]
>---PSI--- (ERROR: UNAVAILABLE0
>>
>>1411696
>>Perform Equations!
show him directions out of the attic?
>>
>>1411696
>Perform Equations!
>>1411686
>>
Rolled 7, 5, 3, 17 = 32 (4d20)

>>1411727
>>1411824
First two dice are for you two, second two are for Mr. Batty.
>>
>>1411829
>>1411824
>>1411727
Lewis performs equations!
Lewis attempts to geometrically explain how to leave peacefully! (Fail!)
Mr. Batty tries to ram his cute little bat head into you! (Fail! - Too busy crying!)

You attempt to perform some simple equations, sketching out the optimal path for Mr. Batty to escape your attic through a crack of some kind, or perhaps a window. You remember that the Perform Equation skill can be used at any time for rather sporadic events, like praying for a miracle, but a bit more scientific. You can attempt to influence the outcome, but who knows what will happen with the power of rigorous logic?

However, your complicated explanation seems to pass right over the simple-minded (and busy crying) Mr. Batty's head! He gets a little angry at your assumed condescending attitude, and starts making that weird noise that people make when they try to yell and cry at the same time, but smaller, higher pitched, and sounding more like a bat. Mr. Batty attempts to ram you, but because its low roll was too low, it stops just short of plonking its head on you, and instead is overcome with emotion!

>Attack!
>Defend!
>Examine!
>Perform Equations!
>Other! [Write-In]
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>1411837
Well if we can't show him the way, may as well guide him ourselves.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1411837
drag him downstairs by the wing
>>
Unfortunately, my sleeping medication is kicking in and I won't be able to keep myself awake for the next update. I have a thing to do with a friend tomorrow, so we will likely resume in the evening/afternoon!

Hope you are all enjoying it so far!
>>
>>1411896
Thanks for running OP. Any chance you'd make a twitter to post when you're running for those that don't check /qst/ everyday?
>>
>>1411902
he's DMcasual. You can find him on discord, at least.
>>
Rolled 9, 13 = 22 (2d20)

>>1411888
>>1411869
>>
>>1411869
>>1411888
>>1413233
Lewis attempts to guide the Mr. Batty to leave peacefully! (Fail!)
Mr. Batty tries to nibble on you like a vampire bat-in-training! (Success!)

You attempt to gently coerce, and then grab, the crying Mr. Batty down the stairs in order to let him out by the window, but he's so pitiful that you can't bring yourself to do it, even when you manage to grab hold of his tiny little fragile wing. You regretfully let go.

The Mr. Batty jumps towards you and nibbles you on the finger! Ow!

Mr. Batty deals 1 damage to Lewis!

You... You don't even think it's bleeding? But it still hurt, and that wasn't very nice. You're starting to get a little fed up with this little bat, and you don't think diplomacy is going to be very effective for much longer, if at all. To be fair, though, it looks like it's drawn out of crayon - if it looked like an actual bat, you'd probably have a number of compunctions about trying to harm it, but since it bit you, you feel like turnabout is probably fair play.

But maybe you can still solve this peacefully. Maybe. Probably not, but maybe.

>Attack!
>Defend!
>Examine!
>Perform Equations!
>Other! [Write-In]
>>
>>1413259
>Perform Equations!
Leave you dumb bat!
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>1413299
seconding
>>
Rolled 14, 7, 9 = 30 (3d20)

>>1413299
>>
>>1413299
>>1413323
>>1413399
Lewis performs equations! (Success!)
Mr. Batty tries to nibble on you like a vampire bat-in-training! (Fail!)

You grab a nearby piece of old, decrepit paper, and demonstrate to Mr. Batty the optimal path through the house, but with a much more simple, first grade layout. You speak in a soft, calming voice, attempting to not aggravate the easily-offended Mr. Batty.

With an understanding nod, Mr. Batty attempts to bite you again, but you give it a stern look and point towards the attic hatch. Its head hangs low as it wobbles towards the hatch and then flops down. You hear a gentle puff as a vague green mist that smells somewhat like crayon and bat fur wafts up from the attic hatch.

Mr. Batty has been defeated!
Lewis gains 2 EXP!

You can end battles in multiple ways, as opposed to just hitting an enemy until it dies. Certain methods of conflict resolution will sometimes offer certain rewards. However, this is not Undertale Quest - there are some fights you can only end through violence.

You look at your finger. It's not even cut, there's not even a slice out of it. Just a poke with a really small tooth.

You crumple up the paper you used to show the layout of the house to the Mr. Batty and shove it in your pocket. You can never know what you can use a paper ball for.

You listen very closely to the house's noises. You can't hear anything in the basement-ward direction, and at this point in the day, having spent an astonishing 10 minutes tangoing in the attic with an imaginary bat, your dad has finished his coffee. You can hear his car peeling out of the driveway and heading out to work. After all, summer vacation is just for students and teachers, not airplane pilots or nuclear engineers.

Just at that moment, you hear a knock on the door. Several, downstairs, long and rapid. You shuffle down the attic's ladder, run down the stairs, and open the door to find your neighbor, Charlie.

Charlie is a nice kid. He's got brown hair and is a little shorter than you. He was born late in the year so he's the youngest kid in your grade - and you like math, so both of you are pretty unpopular. That made the two of you become fast friends.

"Lewis! Lewis, did you hear?"

"No, what, what happened now? Is it more about that dream stuff?"

"Yeah! A giant monster knocked down half the trees in the woods and the policemen can't hurt it! It's asleep in the creek, though! They're bringing in scientists from the White House to examine it!"

You raise an eyebrow. Charlie isn't a particularly truthy kid - he tends to exaggerate a bit, or a lot, but you've seen weirder things happen today. Well, kind of.

"C'mon! Let's go see it!"

"Do you really think that's safe?"

"It's summer vacation! What else are you going to do?"

"Math."

"C'mon, nerd! Let's go!"

You've... Joined Charlie's party, you guess?

(CONTINUED)
>>
>>1413487
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ze7BJPdw4 ]

The trek into the woods is easy, considering that Charlie's statements weren't entirely falsehoods. About a fourth, maybe a third, of the trees seem to have been felled, in a straight line leading right to the creek. They've snapped down the middle, like they've buckled under some immense weight or pressure. You and Charlie scamper and climb over them, and you feel the air around you getting heavier and heavier as you go, although not from your typical out-of-breath exhaustion. It's as if the air itself is growing thick and cold, an icy smog, while the bright blue of the sky mingles with slivers of darker colors. It's now extremely evident that something is wrong. Especially because Charlie seems to have noticed it also, judging by the way he stops and stares at the sky, but he pays it no mind and continues on, without comment.

Eventually, the two of you reach the creek. Where the path of felled trees ends. The creature lying in it, asleep, is the same one from your dreams, the Acerbic Intruder. The air around you is weighing down on your body, and the Acerbic Intruder's eye is bloated with yellow bubbles, like some kind of otherworldly, alien scab, although its eyelids are shut. You're a logical enough boy to know that this is the same creature from your dream - literally, the same creature.

"Whoa..." Charlie says, as he begins stepping over branches and logs to get a closer look.

>Stop him.
>Go with him.
>Other [Write-In]
>>
>>1413518
>Go with him.
>>
>>1413518
>Go with him.
So, after we did our dream battle, its' injury stayed with it when it came into the waking world. Interesting
>>
>>1413518
>>Go with him.
>>
>>1413664
>>1413545
>>1413724
You and Charlie both approach the Acerbic Intruder cautiously, getting closer and closer until you can both reach out and touch it. You decline to do so, while Charlie gently brushes his hand across the creature's serrated beak.

"It's smooth... It's feels like tissue paper. Kind of crinkly." Charlie comments, inviting you over to pet the Acerbic Intruder once he realizes it's not moving at all, its visible organs slowly beating in its chest and neck. You get a little closer, too, and feel the Acerbic Intruder's skin - he's not lying when he says it feels like tissue paper. That's more or less the only comparable texture, the only thing you could say similar in feel to how the Acerbic Intruder's skin feels.

And then, its eyes creak open. It stares at you both.

[ https://youtu.be/6D4b41RYngY ]

Its eyes flash towards you in particular, as its head slowly rises, its limbs detangling from the masses of trees. You can finally get a good look at its hands, placed at the end of four gangly legs, no feet or hooves or anything else. Just large, four fingered hands, grabbing onto whatever's closest. The Acerbic Intruder's mouth curls into what you imagine must be a kind of grin, because you can't for the life of you think of any other expression that fits.

The Acerbic Intruder blocks your escape!

>Attack!
>Defend!
>Examine!
>Perform Equations!
>Other! [Write-In]

>PSI ???
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1413812
>>Examine!
Check his weaknesses
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>1413812
>Examine!
>>
Rolled 6, 14 = 20 (2d20)

>>1413870
>>1413879
>>
>>1413900
>>1413879
>>1413870
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrvbsNlOtoA&t=1s ]
Lewis examines the Acerbic Intruder! (Success!)
Charlie hides behind Lewis!
The Acerbic Intruder swipes at Lewis! (Fail!)

You take a minute to think and examine the Acerbic Intruder the best you can with the information at hand. You know it looks freaky as hell, but its skin feels fragile and tissue-papery. Despite that, it's capable of exerting enough force to snap trees in two. In the middle of your stupor of thought, the Acerbic Intruder attempts to slash at you, but its hands are too big - its nails end up painlessly buried into the ground to your right and left before it pulls its hand away.

Wait a second... It's bleeding yellow, it's eyes are red-magenta, and its skin is cyan? Tissue paper? You look a little bit closer at its organs - pitch black, beating and thumping inside of its chest.

The Acerbic Intruder is an Outsider-type Intruder. Your instincts tell you that it's likely weak to fire. But where are you going to get a fire at such short notice?

You better act fast. The Acerbic Intruder, despite its size, is surprisingly swift, although it's sure taking its sweet time pulling its hand out of the soft dirt and rocks of the stream.

>Attack!
>Defend!
>Examine!
>Perform Equations!
>Other! [Write-In]

>PSI ???
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>1413918
>>Attack!
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>1413918
>Attack!
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>1413918
I see that PSI is no longer errored - rolling to use it and see what happens.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1413918
>>1413977
>PSI ???
Yeah, seconding this
>>
Rolled 14, 3, 6, 2 = 25 (4d20)

>>1413998
>>1413977
>>1413968
>>1413963
>>
>>1414004
>>1413998
>>1413977
>>1413968
>>1413963
Lewis attacks the Acerbic Intruder! (Success!)
Lewis's mind reels... Something's happening! (Success!)
The Acerbic Intruder bats Lewis away! (Fail!)
The Acerbic Intruder tries to take a chunk out of Lewis! (Fail!)

You feel something stirring inside of you. It's deep inside your gut, in your brain. You feel like your head is about to collapse, and as the Acerbic Intruder swipes with one of its incredible paws, you jam your pencil into the palm, causing a spray of yellow to emerge once you pull it away. In its flailing, it attempts to bite at you, but fails!

Lewis deals 1 damage to the Acerbic Intruder!

"Are you okay, Lewis?" Charlie asks.

You can't respond. You're too busy writhing on the floor. Your body feels hot, so hot. You feel like you're about to burn up!

Lewis attempts PK Fire α!

Rising to your feet, you notice that you clutch something hot in your hands, in your hand not holding a yellow-stained pencil. Unfurling your fingers, you find a small ball, about the size of a baseball, hovering an inch off your skin.

A ball made of fire. Raising your hand in front of your face, you see the Acerbic Intruder narrow its eyelids and then begin immediately backing away at the sight of a flame. But it's too late!

Lewis deals 200 damage to the Acerbic Intruder!

The flame projects from your hands without needing to be pitched or thrown, shooting forward like a bullet and striking the Acerbic Intruder in the eye. It screams, a horrible, awful scream as it grabs a tree and uproots it, trying to smash you but breaking it in half accidentally, causing the entire upper portion to fly harmlessly over you and Charlie's body.

"Whoa... What the hell?" Charlie says, dumbfounded, as you stare at your palm.

Lewis has learned PK Fire α!

You watch the Acerbic Intruder flail about as it attempts to put out the fire raging on its damaged eye. It smashes its head into the ground wildly, trying to dunk itself into the creek, but missing every time.

>Attack!
>Defend!
>Examine!
>Perform Equations!
>Other! [Write-In]
>PSI [Designate an ability and a rank]
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>1414057
>PK Fire α
Fire away
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>1414075
Seconding
>>
Rolled 11, 10 = 21 (2d20)

>>1414075
>>1414092
>>
>>1414142
>>1414092
>>1414075
Lewis attempts PK Fire α! (Success!)
The Acerbic Intruder attempts to run away! (Failure!)

It looks like just that one fire bolt was too much for the Acerbic Intruder to handle - it's not even attempting to attack you or Charlie anymore. It's simply smashing its own face into the creek in an attempt to put out the ever-growing fire that's spiraling and cascading down its body. You figured that, from the coloration, that it was some kind of paper monster. After all, it's colored the same colors as printer ink, so it being weak to fire was obvious, but to be able to summon your own flame on a whim astonishes you. There's no mathematical explanation for this!

Still, that doesn't mean it's not really cool though, pun intended. You open your palm and feel warmth flow through your body, starting from your toes and the top of your scalp, and sliding across into your torso. This all happens in the space of about two seconds, by the way. You feel the heat traveling, pooling in your gut, swimming through your veins, until it finds a way into your arm and manifests into another swirling ball of fire.

Lewis deals 210 damage to the Acerbic Intruder!
The Acerbic Intruder has been defeated!

Lewis gains 58 EXP!
Lewis's level increased to 2!
Lewis's level increased to 3!
Lewis's level increased to 4!
Lewis's HP increased to 120!
Lewis's PP increased to 40!
Lewis's Offense increased to 10!
Lewis's Defense increased to 10!
Lewis's IQ increased to 8!
Lewis's Speed increased to 12!

"Holy... Holy shit! That was awesome! What the hell was that?" Charlie asks, as you stare at your own palms.

He's right. What was that?

>Write-In
>>
>>1414179
[ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw8Iyi0hcZA ]
>>
>>1414179
>I'm... I'm not quite sure
>>
>>1414179
A monster. And we're monster slayers.
>>
>>1414249
>>1414254
"I'm... Not quite sure. I think I might be a monster slayer?"

"Hell yeah, you might be! Look at you, throwing fire around and shit!" You've never heard Charlie curse nearly this much. At least, not in one sitting. "Are you some kind of superhero now? How do you even do that?"

"I... don't know?"

"I can explain."

A voice. Loud, heavy, commanding of respect. Gravitas, you think the word is. The voice is ringing out inside of your head, and you see Charlie looking at you funny. "Earth to Lewis?"

"Sorry for the interruption, but I'm afraid we don't have much time to waste. My name is Rufus Rover Rutherford, the third, and I am a dog."

"Sorry, I think some psychic dog is trying to talk to me." You tell Charlie. He shakes his head.

"Yeah, sure, okay."

"I'm sure you've noticed, but your dreams, and the dreams of all humans, are beginning to leak into the real world. I'm not the dog to be able to explain why, but it seems as if you, along with some select others that I have been able to smell with my keen dog senses, have gained psychokinetic abilities, perhaps as a way to combat these creatures. Do you think you'd be able to come to the town park of your neighboring suburb, the town of Sope? As soon as possible, preferably. I will be waiting in the dog park. I'm afraid at the moment that my abilities do not allow you to respond, but I will wait here patiently for you. Best of luck, Lewis."

"So, uh... What does the dog say?"

>"I have to go to Sope to meet a psychic dog."
>"I'm psychic now, apparently."
>Shrug.
>Other [Write-In]
>>
>>1414416
>"I have to go to Sope to meet a psychic dog. So I'm psychic, I guess."
>>
>>1414416
>He says you should join my party, and quit being a coward
>>
>>1414416
>"I have to go to Sope to meet a psychic dog. So I'm psychic, I guess."
>>
>>1414431
Unfortunately, at least for the time being, Charlie is unable to become a permanent party member.

:(
>>
Also unfortunately, it seems the time has crept up on me. I must depart for the evening. Tomorrow, we will finish up with thread one - there's not a ton of updates left.

Also, I will have a full pastebin of mechanics and whatnot available by the time I run again tomorrow. Check my twitter at https://twitter.com/DMCasual if you'd like to make sure when.

Thank you for reading!
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1414440
>This dog said give me all your money. Nerd.
>>
>>1414416
>He says we should totally carry this burnt monster home with us.
>>
>Seems like I'm not the nerd, nerd.
>>
Sorry about disappearing. Real life happened, as well as college finals.

Thread two will likely be around May 20th, unfortunately. However, I have produced an instruction manual for you all to peruse at your discretion.

https://pastebin.com/c6f74YJ6
>>
>>1422198
Thanks boss
>>
>>1422198
Thanks for doing a Mother Quest.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.