[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elf Civ pt2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 1

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop- 265

>Tech-
Ghostbone spears,
Ironwood spears
Advanced Bows,
Ghostbone arrowheads,
Ironwood arrows
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Magical spear
Blessing of Ethaz- boosts nature magic and healing
Adept spirit magic
Advanced healing magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians
Wraiths (The Ghosts)
WraithBark armor
Forest Labyrinth
Forest Sentinel
Grove of the fallen

>Important villagers-
Boris- nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Theonis-Spirit mage
The Wraiths
Root

Secondary Village-
Solcaestra

Pop-54

>Tech
Small temple to Helios
Herds.
Direwolves.
Horses.

Important villagers-
Alleya-Triumvirate mage (Spirit,Solar,Nature)

Captured Minotaur fort-Needs name
>pop-30
>Tech
Iron mine
Forge
Reinforced walls

>3 separate rolls and actions plz
>>
>>1377975

Previous thread
>>
>Nearby Civ

>Haunted Forest-
Myconids-limited contact
Undead-Hostile. Pushed north
????
????

>Plains-
Plains elves- Hostile. Pushed out of nearby territory.
????
????
????

>Mountains
Minotaur-Hostile. One fort captured. Local warlord killed
Giants- uncontacted
Dwarves-Uncontacted
Harpies-Uncontacted

Coast-
????
????
????
????
>>
You are the Village of Arcaestra. In the last thread we defeated a small Undead incursion, fortified our village, gained Favor with three gods, engaged in a brief war with our less civilized cousins, tamed Direwolves, killed Minotaurs and were generally pretty badass elves.
>>
Let's work on integrating the slaves we freed from the Minotaurs into our society.

Only criminals and enemies we conquered may remain slaves.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1401566
roll
>>
>>1401562
Each action requires a D20 roll. Three separate actions with their accompanying roll. Similar rolls in the first 3 will stack.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>1401562
Hold another festival in honor of our gods and increase the pop. Parties bring everyone together
>>
>>1401571
Well shit
>>
>>1401571
F-

Gods are angry that we didn't torch down the corpses of the minotaurs instead of partying.
Now they became undead minotaurs.
>>
>>1401568
OP you forgot to resolve the rolls from last thread.

Earth magic, Ironwood fortress and Luca getting some meh metal gear.
>>
>>1401576
Oh shit I forgot about those. One moment.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1401578
Slaughter the slaves to appease the gods
>>
>>1401588
Well this went bad quickly.
Fricking edgelords willing to kill children and women.
>>
>Previous threads last rolls.
>16. Ironwood wall.

Your craftsmen and mages rapidly begin implementing the fast growing ironwood trees into the village wall, expanding and thickening it. The wall is now a dull silver gray stack of notched logs held in with ironwood poles pounded deep into the earth. A rampaging giant couldn't hope to knock it down.

Along the back of the wall a series of tesnioned straps and levers are installed, a small leather lined pouch holds one of the the heavy, rust red ironfruits. With the pull of a strap the throwing arm will release and fling the dense ball of iron with lethal force.
>Village wall upgraded to IronWood Wall. Small catapults built into it increases the defense of the town.

>12. Research Earth magic

Some of your younger mages sit in a small circle on a collection of smooth stones, channeling their arcana into the soil itself. One of them is struck by an idea and begins channeling more energy while softly chanting in the arcane tongue. Under his attention the soil and small stones flow like water, forming a tiny crude bipedal figure that begins stacking the surrounding pebbles into a small wall.

This could be very useful.
>Earth magic created.
>Basic Terraforming
>Basic Geokinesis
>Crude Golemz

>9. Infused Iron shield?

Your Dwarves blacksmith hammers at a piece of magically infused iron while his mage assistant stands nearby, pumping magical energy into the molten metal. A sudden lapse in concentration sends a surge of power into the metal and the dwarf dives for cover as the red hot iron twists and warps, splitting into small fragments.
"Well.... Shite....."

>Fixed it
>>
>>1401588
How many?
>>
>>1401619
We shave of their hair and burn it as a sacrifice instead of killing them.
Let's avoid the edge.
>>
>>1401619
Like 6 let's try and summon satatn
>>
>>1401619
Let's use the planes elves
>>
>>1401624

Voting for this, make it a ritual sacrifice of some sort at least

Why would we kill our slaves? They're a work force and we should place them under our protection
>>
>>1401774
Our willing citizen or warriors can be used than brought back as golems or wraiths
>>
>>1401779

That's a position of honor though, not one fit for the slaves, only civilians and citizens
>>
>>1401619
Start with a dozen. Keep increasing until the gods are pleased.
>>
>>1401794

At the very least I think there's one that's going to be pissed at us for the plan, not sure that sacrifice is going to fly well with the Fertility Goddess
>>
inb4 we turn into the aztecs
>>
>>1401845
All OPs fault for not updating...
Also some terrible rolls down the line and nobody supporting them to prevent this mess.
>>
>>1401619

OP, if you're not too far into the update can we get a vote for the sacrifices? Seems like a drastic turn to take and if I am out voted on it I'll keep my peace but I would like to see the results
>>
>>1401882
I agree with this
>>
>>1401882
seconding this as well, i think its pretty out of character for the tribe to kill slaves
>>
>>1401624
i vote for this and i support this
>>
>so sorry guys! Ive been busy with farm work since early today and havent had the time to update. The consensus seems to be a symbolic sacrifice of ???? (Im thinking blood?) from the slaves. This will help alleviate the divine wrath from That 1.
>>
>>1402225

Blood would be fine, so long as we're not killing them

A slash across the palm and a collecting basin for it, more than that though I think that everybody should sacrifice a bit of blood for them, civilians and citizens included
>>
>11. Rescued slave integration

The former slave of the Minotaur chieftain slowly begin adjusting to life in the village. The laborers and miners adjust quickly, seeking out work and proving themselves. Yet the former concubines are timid, fragile creatures, used to being beaten or used at a moments notice. Several burst into tears when your male villagers attempt to offer them food or clothes to replace the filthy rags they had been dressed in. Your female villagers take over the job entirely, soothing the hysterical women and slowly getting them used to the idea of being considered people again.

>1. Festival Blues.

Your village leaders get their heads together and decide that in the wake of the successful attack on the Minotaur fortress a celebration is in order. Long wooden tables are laid out and piled high with fruits, vegetables and rich meat from the herds and forest game. Barrels of strong drink and spirits are cracked open and the celebration kicks off. None notice the fading blue flames of the torches and Firewall until they gutter low as a spent match, plunging the village into darkness.

>Helios's eye has been clouded by fell magic.

Your villagers cluster together in the sudden darkness, their panicked voices rising high as the mists begin creeping ever closer, faint, stumbling shapes visible in the gloom. Fire and light leap forth but are swallowed by the mists and drowned

A deep, wet sounding chuckling echoes from the gloom.

"You thought... Your little ring of... Flames could keep.... Me?... out? You... Are a.... Candle.... In a onrushing storm.... Hehehe... Sleep well little elves.... You are mine..."

The mists and ghouls withdraw and the torches and wall spring back to furious light.

>Aldren The Great-Lich has appeared from the north.

>13. Blood sacrifice to appease and strengthen your bond with the gods.

Your priestesses of Helios and Tela stand side by side with Bros, the unofficial voice of Ethaz. They hold a large iron wood bowl while standing in front of the conjoined altar of their pantheon. A great elk and wolf skull, carved with arcane runes and inset into a boulder of white rock, bright burning candles and enchanted flames flicker in small hollows while beautiful flowers bloom around and on the stone.

The priestess of Helios draws a small, Ironwood dagger and presses it to her palm.
"We have been shown that our bond with our gods is not as strong as it may have seemed. The appearance of this dark force makes it known to us all.... That devotion and supplication must be offered even in times of merriment lest our gods turn their eye from us."

With a small wince of pain she slashes across her palm, releasing a scarlet splash into the bowl. Each of the other village elders follows suit. Every inhabitant of the village, old and young, healthy and sick, master and slave follow suit. No matter how much blood is poured into the bowl it never fills and when it the line of villagers finally ends it is placed>
>>
>Cont

At the bottom of the altar. Immediately it erupts into blue, purple and Green flames, sparkling like witchfire as the altar itself glows for a moment before three voices can be heard sighing with satisfaction in the minds of the Priests and priestesses.
>>
>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop- 280

>Tech-
Ghostbone spears,
Ironwood spears
Advanced Bows,
Ghostbone arrowheads,
Ironwood arrows
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Ironwood wall w/ironfruits catapults
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Magical spear
Blessing of Ethaz- boosts nature magic and healing
Adept spirit magic
Crude earth magic
Advanced healing magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians
Wraiths (The Ghosts)
WraithBark armor
Forest Labyrinth
Forest Sentinel
Grove of the fallen

>Important villagers-
Boris- nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Theonis-Spirit mage
The Wraiths
Root

Secondary Village-
Solcaestra

Pop-57

>Tech
Small temple to Helios
Herds.
Direwolves.
Horses.

Important villagers-
Alleya-Triumvirate mage (Spirit,Solar,Nature)

Captured Minotaur fort-Needs name
>pop-32
>Tech
Iron mine
Forge
Reinforced walls

>3 separate rolls and actions plz
>>
>>1402459
I honestly have no idea what to do.
Have we figured out how to smith metal weapons yet?
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>1402459
commune with the spirits to find out info about the lich
>>
>>1402473
We can scout in several directions, make contact with several other civs, design new weapons. All kinds of stuff anon.
>>
>>1402480
Oh right there we saw other creatures in the mountains.
But have we figured out metal smiting?
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>1402459

Strengthen and add Spirit Wards to our Ironwood wall
>>
So last thread we we're going over a System of Law for the Village that we might want to look at putting into place, here is my best effort at a summary of what was suggested and of course is subject to change but I think we should get one in place soon so that our population has something to rely on

Tiered caste system, slaves at the bottom (still have rights to shelter, food, and protection from abuse but work for the state and don't get options in their employment). Slaves can become Civilians (slave children automatically become civilians). Civilians get protection under the law, have freedom of movement and free choice of employment and can become Citizens. Citizens are also bonded to the state (military, religious, and civil service) but can get seating in councils and assemblies and be elevated to the High Councils which hand down decisions and can amend laws. All under the Emperor, the Emperor is chosen in a ritual to the Gods so they can show us the best candidate.
>>
>>1402513
support
>>
>>1402513
Clarify for OP plz. By spirit ward do you mean defensive magic geared toward preventing damage or magical runes geared toward keeping hostile spirits OUT
>>
>>1402486
Yes you have. Its rudimentary no but you do have Basic Iron smithing as an unlock with the capture of the Minotaur fort
>>
>>1402542

Preventing spirit damage, wouldn't want the lich to be able to decay his way through our walls
>>
>>1402554
supporting
>>
Anybody else got a third action they want done?
>>
>>1402684
Go meet one of the mountain races maybe?
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>1402459
Develop our Spirit magic into a less sinister direction away from necromancy to combat necromancy. Things like developing meditation practice for all of our people which will give them stronger minds and spirits to resist the undead and develop better magical potential. Basically focus on the positive aspects of the Soul.
>>
>>1402705
supporting
>>
>Tfw the gods are appeased and good rolls return
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

Try to combine Spirit Magic and Sun magic to create Sun/Light Elementals!
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>1402743

Summoning Tainted
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

By the power invested in me for the next 10 actions no roll shall be above 5!
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>1404975

Doesn't seem like a successful spell, though who knows maybe the DC is super low
>>
>Unlike every other Up these days, I don't fucking bail.

Well that lasted long enough.
>>
He literally posted yesterday, calm your tits, some people have lives outside of this website
>>
>>1407666
Seems so..
>>
So dead so very very dead
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.