[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Hero Quest 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: space hero quest 3.png (13KB, 625x450px) Image search: [Google]
space hero quest 3.png
13KB, 625x450px
Archives: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=Space+Hero+Quest
Twitter: https://twitter.com/QMSimmons

This is a tough memory.

Rules: Actions are determined by votes and the d100 rolls of the winning vote.

Nicofluxine floods your brain as you sit on the back of the subsonic train, watching the colorful flora of APE-3 go by. You were told not to smoke these by the conductor but whose he going to call - the police?

Government has been deteriorating on the planet for weeks. The APE-3 administration is unable to keep up with the black market in providing for the frontier planets denizens. They've been overwhelmed by riots and a crime wave and holed themselves up in the planetary capital, all under martial law.

But out here in the boonies' boonies, they have no authority. Which is why you can enjoy this fine, felony-worthy military-grade nootropic.

In the sealed rear-cockpit of the train you click the cylinder of your revolver around in its' cradle. It's also why you're here, doing the government's job for them as you protect this valuable food shipment on its way to the nearest city for emergency resdistribution. Naira and her lackey, "Helmets" (as your fellow pilots named him when they learned he had not one but a collection of military face visors and helms) turned out ot be decent people willing to work with the government of APE-3 in exchange for gold and they were willing to let you and your 4-man crew in on the work.

You probably never would have made it back in Baalia. Your men could only find hard labor availible for money and they weren't willing to do that. Taking up bounty work was the only way...

Suddenly your vision warps a bit in the peripherals. The scenery seems to change shape around the edges and the light dims a bit.

You pick up your radio to let the others in the middle of the train know you've seen something but... what?

>write-in dialogue
>>
File: waiting.jpg (735KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
waiting.jpg
735KB, 2000x1333px
>>
>>1394212
"I don't know if I'm going crazy guys, but I think something's here."

Sorry dude, I always am working when you fucking run.
>>
>>1394430
Also, appoach the spook. Look around.
>>
>>1394430
>>1394438

"Guys, I don't know if I'm going crazy but I think somethings here."

"What," hisses Ginson, "Be more specific, man."

"I don't know, but I saw movement over my compartment."

The light has returned to normal and all you can see out of the glass cockpit bubble now is the familiar scenery of APE-3. Naira's low female voice comes through over the radio, cautious and alert.

"Whatever it is, go on full alert everyone. We don't want to risk anything."

"I'm going to check out the next car up." you radio back. Naira responds and gives an order.

"Alright. Ginson, head towards him and rendezvous. I'll stay here."

You creep into the next car. It's a passenger car but there's only one or two passengers in here, looking out the window, blissfully unaware of the train's secret cargo of food. A distortion flickers in the aisle at the end of the car.

>roll 1d100 with your post

>open fire with your revolver
>ask if any of the other passengers saw that
>radio back to Ginson that something is moving towards him
>Say nothing and move forward, pretending like you didn't see anything.
>write-in
>>
>>1394475
>radio back to Ginson that something is moving towards him
>follow whatever it is, but keep an eye on the passengers
>>
>>1394633

You radio to Ginson, draw your revolver and advance carefully through the passenger car with it held in both hands, as you were taught in survival training.

You watch one of the passengers as he reaches towards his ear and grab his hand before he can reach it.

"Trying to talk to someone?"

"N-n-no."

You check his ear. It's empty of the communication device you suspected.

"Alright-" you begin, dropping his arm and preparing to give him a warning. His hand quickly darts to his other wrist where he presses down on something beneath the clothing and hits the deck. You're quick enough to realize what's happening so you hit the ground just a millisecond behind him as high caliber rounds rip through the cabin. One grazes your elbow, releasing a small cloud of red mist into the air. The other passengers begin to scream and you quickly pistolwhip the man on the ground as hard as you can.

You're surprised when he gets back up without flinching and levels his index finger at you. The false flesh sloughs off the tip of the finger and reals a small tactical laser which begins to hum.

>Roll a d100 for reals this time

>try and shoot back (name target)
>roll out of the way
>try and strike the infiltrator with another pistol whip
>write-in
>>
Rolled 92 (1d100)

>>1394755
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>1394755
>>
>>1394983
>>1395076

>92

You whack the laser out of your face and then ram the butt of your pistol into the face of the "man". It doesn't give the satisfying crack that you're hoping for but it does seem to stun your attacker, causing his eyes to roll madly in his head for a moment before he reorients on you.

Unfortunately for him, that gives you plenty of time to get your gun between his eyes and pull the trigger exactly once.

The android's brainbox explodes in a mist of red. The sparking gory heap that was its head tilts to one side and then the whole body topples.

"Ginson, we've got combat androids!"

No response. You can hear the sound of gunfire from further down on the train and unintelligible shouting.

Moving into the next car, you find it the scene of a massacre. The passengers have all been executed by what appears to be a single broad sweep of a high powered tac laser at head height. It neatly removed the top of these civvies skulls and exposed the brain matter within. Aside from being opened up, many of them appear to be in a state of perfect tranquility, still gazing out the window as they were when death struck.

A window is open. Something flickers again at the end of the car.

>Roll another d100

>scramble out the window
>take cover
>open fire on the distortion
>write-in
>>
Rolled 73 (1d100)

>>1395108
>use a corpse to shield us as we take cover
>>
>>1395414

>73

You grab one of the dead passengers to shield yourself as you brace for another round of incoming fire but it never comes. Seems the enemy is moving on to the center of the train where the cargo is.

Just as you become unsure on what to do next, your radio flickers back on.

"Sarge! they're sniping down on Naira and I from outside the train windows! They're on the roof!"

>Blow the damn roof off then!
>Don't worry, I'll get out there!
>I'm coming, just stay put.
>Get YOUR ass out there then! Naira's too!
>>
>>1395930
>Get YOUR ass out there then! Naira's too!
>>
>>1396176

"Then get your ass to the roof! Naira's too!"

"I'm already there, McBride. And there's no one up here. They've got some kind of mobile camo."

"Well shit."

>I'll resume this tomorrow with a larger post and prompt. See you then!
>>
>>1396264
Thanks for running dood. Have a good one!
>>
File: mobile camo.jpg (11KB, 288x162px) Image search: [Google]
mobile camo.jpg
11KB, 288x162px
>>1396284

No problem.

>>1396264

Mobile camo... A near perfect distortion of light produced by material science at its pinnacle. You're going to need to find a way to expose these camouflaged enemies if you hope to save your friends on the roof.

>head to the sleeping car (2 cars away)
>head to the dining car (3 cars away)
>head to the train controls (10 cars away)
>pull the emergency brake
>get on the roof
>check the dead passengers for anything that might help
>>
I'll return when there are posts.
>>
>>1399121
>get on the roof as the train slows
>>
>>1399121

this thread is deeaaad

I was a huge fan of exterminator quest btw. Can't wait to see what's in store
>>
>>1399773
>>1401157

Just saw these. It's two in the morning here and I have class all day tomorrow but I will hopefully be able to update in the afternoon/evening.

Not sure if pulling the emergency brake was the right choice there though.
>>
>>1401179
>Not sure if pulling the emergency brake was the right choice there though.

Balls deep, bro.
>>
File: robotgorilla.jpg (82KB, 535x276px) Image search: [Google]
robotgorilla.jpg
82KB, 535x276px
Hey, finally found a few moments of downtime.

>>1399773
>>1401157
>>1401296
You get back on the radio.

"Brace yourselves! I'm going to pull the emergency brake!"

"-what? No!"

But it's too late. You yank the handle down and the momentum of the train throws you into a nearby partition of the train car. The deceased passengers are hurled out of their seats and draped across the furniture, crainial roofs clattering across the floor like loose plates.
The radio is filled with curses and those, combined with the massive liquid clear combat exoskeleton crashing through the roof right next to you.

A robotic monotone sounds out:

"Surrender, flesh."

You respond with a few squeezed off shots but this thing is evidently more mechanical than the infiltrator. Ricochets ping off and embed themselves in the already badly damaged upholstery of the train car. The monstrous machine crawls towards you; Its half-cloaked movements nearly impossible to track. What you can only assume is a sweeping backhand with a metal claw lifts you off your feet and savagely hurls you through a window.

You land in a sprawling heap, sticky with blood and coated with fragments of broken glass. The machine, too large for a proper exit from the stopped train, pushes it's way out, splintering wood and metal alike in the process. You become aware of the screaming of surviving passengers for the first time. It decloaks, revealing a massive steel pseudo-ape that approaches intimidatingly on all fours. It speaks again as it raises a single manipulator to pulverize your rib cage.

"You're dead, archaic one."

A whine is heard and then the monster's chest cavity is vaporized. You search for your savior and spot Ginson atop the train with that stupid antique laser rifle he bought in Baalia.

"What the hell did you do to that weapon, Private!?"

"I tweaked it!"

"You... whatever, help me up. Where's Naira?"

"She's still with the food, sir. Winston and Davis are up front. Geraldo was up top with us. He... didn't hit the deck and magnetize his boots in time."

You wince.

>Lets head to the front of the train, we need to get this baby moving again.
>Let's get to Naira. We can't let her hold down the food supplies by herself.
>Let's secure the area around the train before we do anything.
>Write-in
>>
>>1402134
>>Lets head to the front of the train, we need to get this baby moving again.
A sitting target is a sitting duck, get moving.
>>
>>1403043
You run along the side of the train until you reach the penultimate car before the cockpit, where both you and Ginson leap aboard. Davis is inside, interviewing the conductor in some Outer Territories dialect that you're not familiar with. Winston is slumped in a corner, covered in blood.

You ignore Winston for the moment to try and get a sitrep from Davis. He begins with a grimace.

"It's no good, Sarge. The emergency brake is an analog stoppage, not meant to be quickly or easily reversed. And we don't have the tools we need."

Ginson interjects, panic in his voice.

"What are our options then, Davis? Because we're goddamn sitting ducks out here!"

"We could trek to the nearest settlement for the tools we need... Or we could try and salvage some tools from those androids. If nothing else we could set off our distress beacon."

"That sounds like a bad idea."

"Still better than just sitting out here waiting for death, Sarge."

>Alright, next question. I want to know what those things were that attacked us.
>We'll get the tools.
>We'll salvage the droids.
>We're abandoning this damn mission. We've already lost one man too many.
>Write in
>>
>>1403110

Just verifying this is me.
>>
>>1403110
>>We'll salvage the droids.
And
What were those things, lets investigate their dead bodies.
>>
Sorry for the delay, I was finishing my commute home.

>>1403123

"Okay, well it seems like a good idea to pull apart those droids and see if they've got anything useful."

"Are you sure that's a good plan?"

"Naira? How the hell are you hearing us right now?"

"One of you morons must be pocket comm-ing me."

"Wins, stand up straight!"

Winston does as you order, straightening himself out for the first time since you entered the room. Ginson calls out.

"Can you hear us now, bitch?"

Silence.

"Guess not."

Davis frowns.

"Did you have to call her a bitch?"

"It's affectionate."

"Whatever."

"Shut up, both of you. Be more like Winston. Davis, you know a little bit about tech so you come with me to pull apart one of those droids. Ginson, guard the conductor and this cockpit. Winston... stay here."

You take your leave of the train again. Time to decide on what you want to attack first.

>roll 1d100

>the infiltrator droid
>the steel ape
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>1403439
>the steel ape
Maby we can loot something unique.
>>
>>1403449
>77

Davis inspects the opened chest cavity of the war machine that defenstrated you so savagely. Meanwhile you whisper sweet nothings to your revolver while scanning the countryside.

"Looks to be bio-mechanical," he says.

"So Calvonian."

"That'd be the obvious answer. But it just raises more questions."

"Like why would Calvonians be attacking a small food shipment on APE-3?"

"Right. It's not like they need it. Maybe they're trying to destabilize the government?"

"Don't be stupid, Davis. That's happening quick enough without their help. This place has maybe a month or two of law and order left in it and even that's drying up fast."

"Such an optimist, Sarge. I- hmm."

"What is it?"

"Just that this wiring is kind of sloppy. Doesn't look factory fresh."

"A hack job?"

"I think so.."

"That's interesting."

"Yup. So, don't panic but this thing has a bomb in it."

"Uh-"

"I'm pretty sure Ginson's shot disconnected it from the main power source which is..."

Davis yanks angrily at something in the creature's chest cavity. It comes loose with a wet "floorp".

"Right here."

"Nice work?"

"If I can hook this to a decent grade laser with a refractive lens, I can probably make a steel cutting tool that will allow me to release the brakes."

"Alright, I'll scavenge the train for a lens of some sort while you find a laser."

>roll 2d100

>have Davis use the infiltrator droids tac-laser
>have him use Ginson's laser rifle
>>
Rolled 66, 7 = 73 (2d100)

>>1403500
Let Davis have his pick of Ginson's or the droids laser.

Stupid 4chan eating my responses.
>>
>>1403739

Sorry anon, I'm going to pick this up tomorrow. It's almost 3am and I have to be up at a semi-reasonable time.

Also, 7? Jeez... I guess it could work. Maybe.
>>
>>1403775
Good night op.
Lets hope the second number is the fail rate.
It failed at failing.
>>
Rolled 22, 74 = 96 (2d100)

>>1403500
>have Davis use the infiltrator droids tac-laser
>>
Rolled 54, 88 = 142 (2d100)

>>1403500
>>have Davis use the infiltrator droids tac-laser
>>
>>1403929
>>1403964
>>1403779

Sorry for the lack of response. Got a surprise foreign language take-home test that I'm tackling right now. Might take until Friday.
>>
this qm is deeaaad
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.