[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend of the Five Rings Quest 0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 1

File: 1459414908622.png (543KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1459414908622.png
543KB, 800x800px
Welcome to Rokugan, the Emerald Empire. A large, robust and beautiful lane reminiscent of Japan, China, and other east Asian nations. For over a thousand years, the Hantei dynasty ruled Rokugan with a divine mandate for over a thousand years, before corruption both metaphyical and mundane seeped in and ended their line. Their successors, the Toturi are already the brink of collapse after a little over one hundred years since assuming the title of Emperor. While the majority of Toturi V’s reign was peaceful and prosperous, his refusal to step down during his twilight years turned it into a curse. The Emperor, now a man of one hundred and one, is a senile fool with his line of succession muddled and his court a jockeying pack of feral wolves fighting for nothing but their own influence and wealth. The Clans, the direct vassals of the Emperor and the lords who actually run Rokugan, now turn their armies on one another over land and ancient sleights. Among all this, you have been appointed as an Emerald Magistrate.

The Emerald Magistrates are both the judges and enforcers of the Emperor’s laws, answering only to the Emperor and the Emerald Champion. Emerald Magistrates are among the few and proud, blessed and burdened with great duties and authority that comes with the office. You in particular have been given the position of magistrate in Ryoko Owari, the city of lies. A large trade city located in
Scorpion Clan lands, infamous for being the major and only legal manufacturer of opium in Rokugan. It is also infamous among imperial servants as nearly all of it’s recent Magistrates have met unfortunate ends, your predecessor himself dying in a suspicious fire five years into his assignment
>>
This game will not be using the system Roll and Keep system because it’s too complex for a CYOA/Quest style game. It instead will be using the standard roll 100 system except with actual skill and talent trees. A character sheet will be kept, and a standard difficulty will be applied to actions like a standard pnp RPG.

While you will start this game as a "lowly"
(ha) Emerald Magistrate, over the course of the game a more epic adventure and destiny might await you.

Canon will be played with fast and loose, and in extremely broad strokes.

Let’s have fun.
>>
>>1394105
Hooray! Anyone else excited for L5R LCG?
>>
First what Clan are you from and what is the adult name you have chosen for yourself?

>A.) Crab

>B.) Crane

>C.) Dragon

>D.) Lion

>E.) Mantis

>F.) Scorpion

>G.) Unicorn
>>
>>1394111
>>A.) Crab
Amoro Toritaka
>>
>>1394108
Yes, very much so. I kinda tuned out during the end of AEG's tenure and am hoping they do something nifty with the license.
>>
>>1394124
If you havent seen the big first info release from the 19th, here it is:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/legend-of-the-five-rings-the-card-game/

And a Team covenant interview with some of the designers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC_IZqqcxxI&t=16s
>>
>>1394134
A reboot sounds like a smart idea honestly, can't wait to get back into this game.
>>
>>1394111
>>F.) Scorpion
>>
>>1394111
>>D.) Lion
Daiichi Akodo
>>
>>1394111
Switching for consensus
>>1394194
>>
>>1394111
>>F.) Scorpion
I am incredible bad with names
>>
We have a tie so I'll wait for a possible tie breaker, if not coin toss
>>
>>1394228
I found this wiki with clans and names and things
http://l5r.wikia.com/wiki/Rokugan#Great Clans
>>
I flipped it, Lion Clan it is.

You choose a family name too, but considering the family comes with a bonus, I'll give you a chance to change your mind.

A.) Akodo [+1 Command, +1 Melee]

B.) Ikoma [+1 Charm, +1 Art)

C.) Matsu [+1 Melee, +1 Archery]

D.) Kitsu [+1 Etiquette, +1 Scholar]
>>
>>1394271
>A.) Akodo [+1 Command, +1 Melee]
>>
>>1394271
D.) Kitsu [+1 Etiquette, +1 Scholar]
>>
>>1394271
>>
>>1394271
>B.) Ikoma [+1 Charm, +1 Art)
Bard time!
>>
>>1394271
D. Kitsu
We sophisticated.
>>
Another tie? Waiting for the tie breaker than going to flip a coin again
>>
>>1394271
>>
Daiichi Akodo it is

A.) Bookish (+ 1 Scholar)

B.) A fixture at Court (+1 Etiquette)

C.) Always with a Bow (+1 Archery)

D.) Always with with my Katana (+1 Melee)

E.) Clever (+1 Investigate)

F.) Social (+ 1 Charm)

G.) Convincing (+1 Persuade)

H.) In charge of my friends (+ 1 Command)

I.) Practicing my dueling (+1 Iaijutsu)

J.) Creative (+ 1 Art)

K.) Handy (+1 Craftsmanship)

L.) A Bully (+1 Intimidation)
>>
>>1394271
>>
>>1394489
>I.) Practicing my dueling (+1 Iaijutsu)
>>
>>1394489
>G.) Convincing (+1 Persuade)
We are so gonna die.
>>
>>1394489
>E.) Clever (+1 Investigate)
gotta be able to see things for ourselves
>>
>>1394489
>>
>>1394489
>B.) A fixture at Court (+1 Etiquette)
>>
You'll get the top 3 choices by the way, so don't sweat too much
>>
>>1394489
>G.) Convincing (+1 Persuade)
>>
>>1394489
>>
Daiichi Akodo is Clever and Convincing according to the votes

But is he also

Practicing his dueling +1 Iaijutsu Or a Fixture at Court + 1 Etiquette
>>
>>1394622
>Practicing his dueling +1 Iaijutsu

This is the swording buff. We're an Akodo swording is mandatory.
>>
>>1394622
>>
>>1394622
>Fixture at Court + 1 Etiquette
>>
>>1394622
>Fixture at Court
Etiquette is required for bushi. Keeps their guts where they should be and their head on their shoulders.
>>
>>1394659
Except we're never going to be a good courtier. WE CAN be a good warrior.
>>
>>1394622
>>
>>1394669
We won't be a good courtier if all we pick is "ra-ra, I'mma hit things good" we are a court official/judge thing, in a martial setting yeah, we are not a Crab on the wall or warrior in the field. We need a balance of both.
>>
>>1394669
Don't need to be a good courtier, etiquette is social defense.
>>
Daiichi Akodo is Clever, Convincing, and a a trained duelist.

Why were you appointed as an Emerald Magistrate at the tender age of 15, just a year after the standard Gempukku?

A.) I am the Topaz Champion and was appointed as such shortly after the tournament by the Emerald Champion himself. I was a late bloomer [+2 Iaijutsu, +1 Melee, +1 Law, +1 Etiquette]

B.) I am the son of the [Family Dayimo players choose] and a favored concubine, while I will never have a share in my sibling’s birthright, I of high noble blood and had some higher duty laid out for that I was trained for. [+1 Etiquette, +1 Command, +1 Scholar, +1 Melee, + Archery]

C.) I was an ordinary magistrate when I saved [Dayimo]’s child from a bandit raid. [+2 Melee, +2 Law, +1 Investigate]

D.) I was a charming guest during the Winter Court and by a mixture of lucky and wit befriended Prince Toturi Kenshi over those two months.
[+2 Charm, +2 Etiquette, +1 Persuade]

E.) I solved a notorious theft of a famous imperial treasure, that proved too subtle and difficult for my superiors and comrades to solve. I became a celebrity overnight and an Emerald Magistrate soon after
[+1 Law, +2 Investigate, +1 Scholar +1 Melee]

F.) I wrote a perceptive treatise during my gempukku that highly impressed by my sensei and the Clan Champion
[+2 Scholar, +1 Law, +2 Persuade]
G.) I was a solider who was going to be stationed in the Colonies, when my ship was lost to a storm at sea. While everyone else died, I managed to survive on a remote island where I was soon found by Mantis sailors. It was the talk of the Empire, and when the Emperor heard of it thought I was blessed by the Kami and wanted my luck put to better use

[+1 Melee, +1 Command, + 1 Intimidate, +1 Archery, +1 Craftsmanship]
>>
>>1394748
>E.) I solved a notorious theft of a famous imperial treasure, that proved too subtle and difficult for my superiors and comrades to solve. I became a celebrity overnight and an Emerald Magistrate soon after
>[+1 Law, +2 Investigate, +1 Scholar +1 Melee]
>>
>>1394748
>A.) I am the Topaz Champion and was appointed as such shortly after the tournament by the Emerald Champion himself. I was a late bloomer [+2 Iaijutsu, +1 Melee, +1 Law, +1 Etiquette
>>
>>1394748
>C.) I was an ordinary magistrate when I saved [Dayimo]’s child from a bandit raid. [+2 Melee, +2 Law, +1 Investigate]
>>
>>1394748
>A.) I am the Topaz Champion and was appointed as such shortly after the tournament by the Emerald Champion himself. I was a late bloomer [+2 Iaijutsu, +1 Melee, +1 Law, +1 Etiquette]
>>
Five more minutes for a tie breaker, then I flip a coin again.
>>
>>1394748
>A.) I am the Topaz Champion and was appointed as such shortly after the tournament by the Emerald Champion himself. I was a late bloomer [+2 Iaijutsu, +1 Melee, +1 Law, +1 Etiquette]
>>
That’s it for character creation, time for some questions about the state of Rokugan. What better place to start off with then the state of the Lion Clan, your mother clan.

Four years ago the Matsu Aiko, the Matsu family daimyo, waged war on the Crane’s Daidoji family over a large border dispute. As typical in the almost ritual Crane/Lion conflicts, the Lion Clan won major victories on the field while the Crane won major victories in the courts. In the end it was the Matsu who lost, during the very siege of the Daidoji’s main estate and castle. Matsu Aiko herself was forced to commit seppku to cleanse herself of dishonor of defeat and for ‘disrupting the peace’ of Rokugan after blame for the war was solely placed on the Lion. But how did Lion clan lose?

A.) Much to the shock of everyone, the Crab and the Crane had formed a last minute and important alliance. The Crab’s Hiruma armies lifted the siege and the Matsu Aiko was bested in battle. The Akodo Akira himself stepped in and demanded in an end to the war, knowing with the Crab presence made the war unwinnable.

B.) A surprise alliance with the Scorpion’s are what did Matsu in. The Scorpion Clan uncovered documents proving the Lion casus belli was the war was false, and Matsu Aiko a warmonger. Matsu took responsibility, and a marriage between the heirs of Crane and Scorpion was arranged to cement their new alliance.

C.) The Crane were just that good. The Emerald Champion intervened angered, after having being persuaded of the injustice by Crane courtiers, demanded “an end of the hostilities”. To make sure the peace lasted a marriage between the Daidoji and Matsu heirs was arranged. While tempers have cooled towards each other, both now have grudges against the Toturi
>>
>>1395033
>C.) The Crane were just that good. The Emerald Champion intervened angered, after having being persuaded of the injustice by Crane courtiers, demanded “an end of the hostilities”. To make sure the peace lasted a marriage between the Daidoji and Matsu heirs was arranged. While tempers have cooled towards each other, both now have grudges against the Toturi
>>
>>1395033
C.) The Crane were just that good. The Emerald Champion intervened angered, after having being persuaded of the injustice by Crane courtiers, demanded “an end of the hostilities”. To make sure the peace lasted a marriage between the Daidoji and Matsu heirs was arranged. While tempers have cooled towards each other, both now have grudges against the Toturi
>>
>>1395033
>A.) Much to the shock of everyone, the Crab and the Crane had formed a last minute and important alliance. The Crab’s Hiruma armies lifted the siege and the Matsu Aiko was bested in battle. The Akodo Akira himself stepped in and demanded in an end to the war, knowing with the Crab presence made the war unwinnable.
>>
>>1395033
>C.) The Crane were just that good. The Emerald Champion intervened angered, after having being persuaded of the injustice by Crane courtiers, demanded “an end of the hostilities”. To make sure the peace lasted a marriage between the Daidoji and Matsu heirs was arranged. While tempers have cooled towards each other, both now have grudges against the Toturi

Sup QM
>>
>>1395033
>B.) A surprise alliance with the Scorpion’s are what did Matsu in. The Scorpion Clan uncovered documents proving the Lion casus belli was the war was false, and Matsu Aiko a warmonger. Matsu took responsibility, and a marriage between the heirs of Crane and Scorpion was arranged to cement their new alliance.
>>
>>1395033
>>
>>1395033
>A.) Much to the shock of everyone, the Crab and the Crane had formed a last minute and important alliance. The Crab’s Hiruma armies lifted the siege and the Matsu Aiko was bested in battle. The Akodo Akira himself stepped in and demanded in an end to the war, knowing with the Crab presence made the war unwinnable.

Gotta go with the heart
>>
>>1395033
>>
Okay the Emerald Champion stepped in.

Who is the Emerald Champion?

A.) Kitsuke Shinsuke, formerly a skilled Magistrate of the Dragon Clan and a master swordsman. Under his tenure crime and disorder has massively dropped, but tensions and warefare have flared throught Rokugan due to his lack of poltik.

B.) Yoritomo Kensuke, one of the most distasteful of Samurai...one who knows of and enjoys trade. While political unease has erupted thanks to his stratagem's with the Emperor disposed, the Emperor and his direct holdings have gotten richer and the Imperial Legions are flush with troops.

C.) Soshi Harhui, while Clans might be at each other's throats...so are both Imperial spies and Scorpion courtiers. Whenever a fire starts someone is there to put it out. Eventually something has to give, but the Emperor is lucky for this woman is why the Empire still stands. Crime is unprecedented though
>>
>>1395484
>A.) Kitsuke Shinsuke, formerly a skilled Magistrate of the Dragon Clan and a master swordsman. Under his tenure crime and disorder has massively dropped, but tensions and warefare have flared throught Rokugan due to his lack of poltik.
>>
>>1395484
>B.) Yoritomo Kensuke, one of the most distasteful of Samurai...one who knows of and enjoys trade. While political unease has erupted thanks to his stratagem's with the Emperor disposed, the Emperor and his direct holdings have gotten richer and the Imperial Legions are flush with troops.
>>
>>1395484
>A.) Kitsuke Shinsuke, formerly a skilled Magistrate of the Dragon Clan and a master swordsman. Under his tenure crime and disorder has massively dropped, but tensions and warefare have flared throught Rokugan due to his lack of poltik.
>>
>>1395484
>B.) Yoritomo Kensuke, one of the most distasteful of Samurai...one who knows of and enjoys trade. While political unease has erupted thanks to his stratagem's with the Emperor disposed, the Emperor and his direct holdings have gotten richer and the Imperial Legions are flush with troops.
I like the Yoritomo
>>
>>1395484
>>
>>1395484
>>
>>1395484
>>
>>1395484
B.) Yoritomo Kensuke, one of the most distasteful of Samurai...one who knows of and enjoys trade. While political unease has erupted thanks to his stratagem's with the Emperor disposed, the Emperor and his direct holdings have gotten richer and the Imperial Legions are flush with troops.
Gross nigga inbound
>>
So the Emerald Champion is Kitsuke Shinsuke ah? Good

One last question for tonight and before the actual quest starts tomorrow. Of these four heirs to the throne, who is Lion Clan backing.

A.) Prince Toturi Kenshi, the grandson of Toturi VI through his first born son and a concubine. Currently a general in the Imperial Legions, known for his skill with the blade and brilliant tactical mind. He has the best claim to the throne, though his murky parentage and utterly lack of talent at courtly interguie has left him with few allies. Likewise he is a bachelor with no children at forty.

B.) Toturi Rei, the youngest daughter of Toturi VI from his third wife. While having an extremely flimsy case for the throne, her quick wit in the court, celebrity out of it as a master poet, and the quiet dignity and respect she acquired as Chief Emerald Magistrate has earned her the favor of nearly all of the nontraditional clans. She merely lacks the force to back up her claims

C.) Yoritomo Machiko, the Clan Champion of Mantis and the richest person in Rokugan. Famed as a hero in the Destroyer War, no one can doubts her valor or ability to rule. If anything she is the most fit to the neutral observer. She has many friends, and more importantly, debtors who wish to pay off accounts with deed rather than coin. However her mother gave up her Torturi name for a marriage of love, and even though the Emperor didn't denounce his daughter or her children and in fact gave his enthusiastic consent...it still marks her in many eyes as unfit as she is not a true Toturi

D.) Otomo Josuke, grand nephew of the Emperor, and the master of Colonies. While his mainland support is somewhat limited, he has built an amazing network in the Colonies thanks to his vast poltical skills and admirable ability as an adminstor. He is bringing law back to a land that had lost it ever since Rokugan took over and infrastructure to a level it's never seen before. Likewise he is shipping back innovations Rokugan has never seen before from this distant land. Still is he is a little rustic and provincial for some.
>>
>>1395854

A.) Prince Toturi Kenshi, the grandson of Toturi VI through his first born son and a concubine. Currently a general in the Imperial Legions, known for his skill with the blade and brilliant tactical mind. He has the best claim to the throne, though his murky parentage and utterly lack of talent at courtly interguie has left him with few allies. Likewise he is a bachelor with no children at forty.

Literally the LION choice.
>>
>>1395854
>D.) Otomo Josuke, grand nephew of the Emperor, and the master of Colonies. While his mainland support is somewhat limited, he has built an amazing network in the Colonies thanks to his vast poltical skills and admirable ability as an adminstor. He is bringing law back to a land that had lost it ever since Rokugan took over and infrastructure to a level it's never seen before. Likewise he is shipping back innovations Rokugan has never seen before from this distant land. Still is he is a little rustic and provincial for some

A isnt a bad option either
>>
>>1395854
>A.) Prince Toturi Kenshi, the grandson of Toturi VI through his first born son and a concubine. Currently a general in the Imperial Legions, known for his skill with the blade and brilliant tactical mind. He has the best claim to the throne, though his murky parentage and utterly lack of talent at courtly interguie has left him with few allies. Likewise he is a bachelor with no children at forty.

Of course
>>
>>1395854
>D.) Otomo Josuke, grand nephew of the Emperor, and the master of Colonies. While his mainland support is somewhat limited, he has built an amazing network in the Colonies thanks to his vast poltical skills and admirable ability as an adminstor. He is bringing law back to a land that had lost it ever since Rokugan took over and infrastructure to a level it's never seen before. Likewise he is shipping back innovations Rokugan has never seen before from this distant land. Still is he is a little rustic and provincial for some.
>>
>>1395854
>A.) Prince Toturi Kenshi, the grandson of Toturi VI through his first born son and a concubine. Currently a general in the Imperial Legions, known for his skill with the blade and brilliant tactical mind. He has the best claim to the throne, though his murky parentage and utterly lack of talent at courtly interguie has left him with few allies. Likewise he is a bachelor with no children at forty.
>>
>>1395854
>C.) Yoritomo Machiko, the Clan Champion of Mantis and the richest person in Rokugan. Famed as a hero in the Destroyer War, no one can doubts her valor or ability to rule. If anything she is the most fit to the neutral observer. She has many friends, and more importantly, debtors who wish to pay off accounts with deed rather than coin. However her mother gave up her Torturi name for a marriage of love, and even though the Emperor didn't denounce his daughter or her children and in fact gave his enthusiastic consent...it still marks her in many eyes as unfit as she is not a true Toturi
Giving her support could give us leverage for concesions were she to get the throne.
>>1395874
>Literally the LION choice.
Except the whole no heirs thing. Pretty tough putting an old man with no kids up. He'd need to spend his first few years on the throne doing naught but fucking to make up for lost time.
>>
>>1395969
Lion's are super staunch traditionalist though and a loyal to a fault.

He's Torturri, rightful heir, and follows the traditions. Literally the lion choice.
>>
>>1395995
He is almost a bastard though. Otomo Josuke arguably, has just as good or better of a claim. He's just in the boonies and not near the center of influence as he's busy running the Colonies.
>>
>>1395854
>D.) Otomo Josuke, grand nephew of the Emperor, and the master of Colonies. While his mainland support is somewhat limited, he has built an amazing network in the Colonies thanks to his vast poltical skills and admirable ability as an adminstor. He is bringing law back to a land that had lost it ever since Rokugan took over and infrastructure to a level it's never seen before. Likewise he is shipping back innovations Rokugan has never seen before from this distant land. Still is he is a little rustic and provincial for some.
>>
Waiting for someone to break the tie.

Still thank you all for the major burst of enthusiasm for this.
>>
>>1396258
Counting 3 for D, 2 for A, 1 for C. Unless I'm missing something
>>
>>1396258
dont know what legend of the five rings actually is, but this seems fun, btw when will the next quest start
>>
>>1396258
Ah, soming didn't use green for it. that's how I missed the A
>>
>>1396283
It's cool. I'm the only one who has too

>>1396282
It's a real cool setting, and you have zero to worry about regrading continuity stuff. Making this newbie friendly and frankly outright contradicting most the new canon.
>>
>>1396302
>Otomo Josuke

When did Rokugan get colonies? I thought they literally killed anyone who even came close to smelling or looking like a foreigner after getting their asses kicked by baka gaijin.

Isn't simply possessing gunpowder like, one of the most serious crimes you can be accused of?
>>
>>1396439
A foreign Shadowlands like demon tried invading Rokugan after destroying it's home country. They killed it and in an actual tactical move, went to it's homeland to make sure they posed no further threat.
>>
>>1395854
>>
Also looks like Otomo Josuke is our winner here. Don't worry, it's only who Lion is backing. You are free to back someone else and perhaps convince your clan to switch to them as a candidates to the throne
>>
The first session will be tomorrow. The following one will be Sat or next Sunday
>>
>>1396507
:(
>>
>>1400596
same
>>
>>1400596
Quest is kill. Before it is born. Stillborn.
>>
>>1401164
Have faith
>>
>>1401403
Faith Shattered.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.