[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 457
Thread images: 71

File: 1491753766901s.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1491753766901s.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads. Or at least it was, in times long gone. All it is now is another tomb full of ghosts howling shitposts into the graveyard known as /qst/.
It also used to be a place to share advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. The only advice worth giving now is LEAVE.

Please do (not) shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means you, as you can't be anything else since you are posting in this thread.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities. It should also say to stay away from /qst/ but doesn't for some reason.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal. Enjoy being cyberstalked!

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics, and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anima)
>slightly related to quests
>barely related to quests
>enjoys politics
>enjoys Larro quests and anime
No comment needed.

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense) ----> Most Nonindicative Sentence Ever Award:
https://discord.gg/pXfcXZJ

http://qst.wikia.com
This abortion of a wiki gives brief summations of quests and QMs as well as quest culture in general. Additions are encouraged.

Archive of quest reviews (if you find a review that is not on the list, please link it in the thread):
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Question
What made questing fun for you?

>Player Question
Ever thought of making a quest yourself?
>>
>Player Question

Already done so. Stardust Wuxia Quest. Basic premise is Wuxia in Stardust CYOA setting. Did a prologue edition to test waters but did it on a Sunday night so I had to cut it short. Next thread is coming up Saturday morning or evening CST, and I'm absolutely terrified.
>>
>>1385267
>Player Question

Absolutely. Still in planning stages since I really don't wanna bail at the beginning (or halfway through) and I also wanna make sure I do all I can to make sure I don't end like one of those quests that someone has clearly put at least SOME effort into and just nobody plays.
>>
>>1385544
Good luck, Anon.
>>
File: Cheers.gif (987KB, 348x323px) Image search: [Google]
Cheers.gif
987KB, 348x323px
>>1385577
I'll need it.
>>
>>1385267
>This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads. Or at least it was, in times long gone. All it is now is another tomb full of ghosts howling shitposts into the graveyard known as /qst/.
>It also used to be a place to share advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. The only advice worth giving now is LEAVE.

Please, sunshine, tell us how you really feel.
>>
>>1385641
I blame Akunfags. I've been seeing more of them trying to convince QMs to go to Akun.
>>
File: sad mike.jpg (36KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
sad mike.jpg
36KB, 663x579px
>>1385695
It's working on me, at least.
>>
>>1385702
Weak sauce, Anon.
>>
>>1385732
No trolling intended, but it's not like it's a horrible idea or without merit. Been thinking about it myself.
>>
>self insert quest about a children's cartoon born from a shitty meme in their general
>writing is just greentext
>so far had 3 sessions
>63 unique ids, current thread has over 900 replies
Is this how you make a successful quest? Just transplant the faggots from some general?
>>
>>1385972
Try it and find out.

No seriously, seems like an interesting experiment.
>>
>>1385973

Pretty sure that poster is talking about this one.
>>1375238
>>
File: 3cd8a33a.png (216KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
3cd8a33a.png
216KB, 600x338px
>>1385983
>>1385972
>MFW
How does one be an hero the least painful way possible?
>>
>>1385998
This is the form quests have to take to survive. Can't deny it having success.

>60+ unique ID
>900+ replies
>>
Pretty much as long as you can run cookie cutter fanfic quests of popular franchises your quest will succeed.

Soon /qst/ will be the place you come to see fanfic of your favorite anime and akun will be the place you got to jerk off.

Anything in between will just be niche shit on either site.
>>
>>1386008
THEY PLAYED US LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE
>>
>>1385983
No, I know, I'm just saying he should try himself and see the results.
>>
>>1385972
Successful quests have an audience, no matter the quality of the components of the quest itself. If people are having fun, can you blame them?

A lot of people don't want to open up On War and sip tea as they read about the war theory of a Prussian officer who would define conflicts into the 20th century. They want to be entertained. They want to peel open a comic book and watch Mongoman the Retard Fist punch some fucker's head into the ocean, causing them to skip like a fucking flat smooth stone over the water until they smash into an iceberg with such force that they disintegrate into a thick red paste that freezes into a disgusting flesh sorbet.

Also, it's a lot easier to catch people if you use something they know they want, which is why fanfic tends to do well more often than not. People like knowing things about a setting- that feeling of potential power over a setting feels good. There's never a situation where you just don't know what to do, or you don't know what's going on; you can relatively accurately theorize on how a setting you know works, even if the QM is smart and doesn't let you just predict how everything's going to happen based on your meta knowledge. You still [i]feel[/i] you know what's going on, even if you don't.

In /v/ terms: People don't know they want Sicilian Octopus Stew. People know they want a burger and fucking fries.
>>
>>1385267
>This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads. Or at least it was, in times long gone. All it is now is another tomb full of ghosts howling shitposts into the graveyard known as /qst/.
>It also used to be a place to share advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. The only advice worth giving now is LEAVE.
>All these edgy apocalyptic statements in the opening paragraph of the opening post, especially for a general.
Confirmation that OP is a massive faggot.

>>1385267
>>Player Question
>Ever thought of making a quest yourself?
No, there's not enough questers to make all the quests active simultaneously. Plus, questing can actually be rather time-consuming and somewhat difficult if you're doing it in multiple quests or doing HIGH ENERGY POSTING in a few.

>>1386008
>>1386011
This was all part of their master plan for making this board, wasn't it?

>>1385972
>born from a shitty meme in their general
What's the meme? Didn't even know it was from a general.
>>1385972
>Just transplant the faggots from some general?
So they're from another board?

>>1385972
>>1385973
>>1385983
>>1386001
>>1386022
As a quester in that quest who's unfortunately not actually acquainted with the rest of whatever culture it's from, I can also offer a few bits of observations on what seems to make it so successful.
>>
What are the most active/popular quests currently?
>>
>>1386055
What metric is that by? There's post count, post frequency, amount of posters, and so on.
>>
>>1386060
Amount of posters
>>
>>1386064
Hive Queen Quest is currently sitting around 105 unique ids. That's probably it.
>>
>>1386064
Well that's rather easy: Hive Queen Quest > > Black Company Quest > Star vs Quest > Star Wars Quest: Dark Empire for those at the top. This is discounting those that are about to be bumped off the board.
>>
>>1386055
Mecha Space Pirate Quest is by far the most consistent and successful transplanted quest from /tg/.

>>1386028
Do elaborate on how a quest based on preteen animation is doing so well on /qst/
>>
>>1386069
Followed by
Mecha Space Pirate: 73
Star vs: 63

>>1386077
>Mecha Space Pirate Quest is by far the most consistent and successful transplanted quest from /tg/.
Its honestly a really well written quest and the system plays well for the genre.
>>
>>1386055
Audit, whenever it actually runs has thousands of posts each thread.
>>
There are many sorcerers, wizards, priests, and other users of magic in thew world, but you're one of the veery few, the one in one billion who is a mage. You don't use magic, or cast spells, or perform rituals; you manipulate the very power and substance of magic itself. There are only eight of you in the world, and you all avoid annoying each other like the plague.

You have the dubious honor of working for the Centre for Occult Research and Rehabilitation, and your 'job', if you can call it that, is to rehabilitate the souls or spirits of reincarnated evil and use their assistance to recover occult artifacts and rituals from the people who would use them to commit atrocities and wreck the tenuously safe world that you live in. This is not a fun job, but it is exciting and you get to play with the best toys. The voyueristic psychic who serves as your observer and contact with the Centre is laughing her head of because you've just received your third rehabilitation subject.

Hitler.

Literally Hitler.

Adela is the fifteen year old blonde girl who is host to Hitler's soul, and the Centre has pulled his memories completely into her life, so they can use her to find the occult artifacts and tools he used in World War Two to nearly conquer Europe. You are not pleased by this. Even with an enslavement device, she's still going to be one of the most skilled demagogues in the world, and you need to keep her on target before someone else finds what she's got stashed across the world.

You're especially concerned about how Jackie The Ripper and Ginger Khan will react to their not nearly so rehabilitated new companion....

>Coming Never To A Board Near You.

Reposting this idea to see if the anon who made it can be convinced to run it.
>>
When do you know that its time to give up on the quest you're running?
>>
>>1386199
Previously: It's become an unfun slog to write because you only get 1 or 2 votes just quoting your prompts back at you.
Recently: Your quest fails to get even one reply within 12 hours.
>>
>>1386209
Soon: I posted an OP.
But nobody came.
>>
File: shadow quest.png (107KB, 966x1228px) Image search: [Google]
shadow quest.png
107KB, 966x1228px
The good old days.
>>
File: Wilhelm and Chiri.jpg (197KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Wilhelm and Chiri.jpg
197KB, 1200x1200px
Crusader quest sequel when?
>>
>>1386262
That quest was trash and the players were autistic fags on a level that shouldn't even be possible
>>
RIP Crusty
>>
>>1386297
Shut your whore mouth, /qst/ wishes it could be graced with quests like Shadow Quest, now all that's left are a few holdovers from /tg/ and shit.
>>
>>1386268
When Three Kingdoms Quest comes back
>>
>>1386268
Too soon ;_;
>>
>>1386268
>He will never be King of Alexandria and wage an unending war with Egypt.
>>
>>1386268
Wilhelm and chiri lived happily together and had many children
>>
>>1386317
Sounds like a fever dream that took place while dying of gangrene in a ditch.
>>
File: 1491312941267.png (95KB, 336x353px) Image search: [Google]
1491312941267.png
95KB, 336x353px
>>1386317
Yeah. Iovetta's children.
>>
>>1386154
Probably not.
>>
wow read Princess Guard Quest and it was a best ever but im sad about why not are we pairing best bro and best girl.

i mean look at it

Reinhold with Nicollete or Sylvie as waifu maybe both will share with each other
or i would be content about
Reinhold being a sly guy taking two princess threesome or Reinhold hooking with dragon girl with half-dragon bro
or if not about that it would be
Melon our attentive waifu while we still bodyguard Marie or Princess Karel and now we are guarding TWO princesses
But that is just me and the quest is end like a year ago.
Any good read that is similar as this quest?
>>
>>1386372
Dude just read a dating sim VN. You'll get a better experience than the trash you just read.
>>
>>1386344
>Implying this is a bad thing {spoiler]for Wilhelm[/spoiler]

Meanwhile being Mathilde is fucking suffering
>>
>>1386379
>implying she isnt getting railed by teenage Prince Baldwin while she is in Jerusalem while waiting to get wed.
>>
File: horror.png (250KB, 349x313px) Image search: [Google]
horror.png
250KB, 349x313px
>>1386302

:(
>>
>>1386375
hell its a good trash even though i hate how this QM managed to run that piece of shit of a writer he is.
>>
>>1386344
Legit, when is the that quest coming back?
>>
>>1386391
Never ever. HF died to dropbears.

>>1386344
You take that back!

Chiri and Wilhelm had many beautiful and genius level children who grew up to do great things all across Europe
>>
What qm is most known for making basic bitch quests?
>>
>>1386424
Not sure what you mean by basic bitch quest.
>>
>8 hours to babby cup deadline
I guess /qst/ will have to wait for the next cup to make our debut
>>
I don't think it's fair to say that the only good quests are /tg/ immigrants. There's a couple I follow right now, Overwatch Quest and Goat Girl's Fantasy Quest that are both great. GFQ doesn't have a lot of players though.
>>
>>1386372
Magic swords in non-magical duels are bullshit.
>>
>>1386385
RIP Zhu Xing the General who once manifested might
>>
>>1386436
And I wanted to see the board play against /tg/ and /pol/.
>>
>>1386428
Uninspired garbage that doesn't try to differentiate from anything else.
>>
>>1386520
General of Kettles.

His crush on lu lingqi was the worst kept secret in the entire army.
>>
>>1386436
For as much as people complain here about us having no players, we didn't really do anything to join the one thing that would get us more players
>>
File: 1486172014687.jpg (8KB, 135x264px) Image search: [Google]
1486172014687.jpg
8KB, 135x264px
>>1386297
>that shining gem of QM-player interaction
>trash
>>
>>1386529
Only one I could think of that could be KNOWN for that kind of thing is Sominus. I mean, I only ever see a million dragonball quests and yu yu hakasho and the occasional avatar quest from him and his writing style is incredibly fucking bland to the point where he might as well be greentexting. Not to mention his tendency to just arbitrarily fuck over the MC when he feels like it. And yet, he's got like a thousand players. So what do I know?
>>
>>1386529
Merc Command is so basic bitch he doesn't differentiate from himself.
>>
>>1386589
Only Merc Command could run quests in a dozen settings and have them all feel exactly the same.
>>
Is there some deep want to play as a girl in quests? It seems that a large amount of popular quests I see or interesting ones I pop into or read up on have you immediately playing as a girl or large majority vote to play as a girl in character creation. It's fine if people want to play as a girl, makes it harder for me to relate to the character and enjoy myself a bit, but that's fine. I just want to understand the reasoning. Are people just tired of playing dudes or something?
>>
>>1386572
It's hilarious when he tries to QM under a different name but everyone knows instantly due to the bland and soulless writing style.
>>
>>1386642
they're just gay
>>
oi post your quest ideas so i can call them shit
>>
>>1385267
What would you say is more important for a quest?

Being fun, having a consistent theme that creates deep thought, or a consistent setting and rules?
>>
>>1386643
I only know of one case where that happened. He do it more than once?
>>
>>1386658
Yup. At least twice but I think there was a third time
>>
>>1386642
What happens is a bunch of people initially vote to play as a girl and then mysteriously disappear after that vote, effectively killing the quest more often than not
>>
>>1386654
first and last you simpering garand
anons don't think deep, they "happen" upon thoughts with deep-likeness
>>
>>1386660
The fuck? How does still run without people constantly harassing him for being a shit? The last time I tried to follow one of his quests was the first YuYu Hakasho one. Not only did he somehow manage to make it boring as shit, last I heard of it he killed off the MC for some bullshit reason.
>>
>>1386672
People are thirsty for fanfic and the dude runs relatively consistently which is rare nowadays.

Even if it the quest itself is mediocre.
>>
>>1386642
I don't write men well, so I don't write them as MCs usually.
>>
I used to have a quest running for a while here, and I'd like to pick it back up again, probably next week. It's been almost five months since my last update, though, Do you think anyone will even remember?
>>
>>1386776
If you said what quest that was maybe you would find out.
>>
>>1386776
Just say what quest it is, otherwise there's no reason to even ask
>>
>>1386672
I've never seen a character experience a single genuine emotion in any of his quests
>>
>>1386796
What do you mean?
>>
>>1386802
They're emotionless robots in everything they say and do, I think it's a pretty straightforward criticism
>>
>>1386642
I actually find female characters easier to connect with than male characters
There's a popular myth in our culture that women are more emotional than men. It's a load of crap but it's very prevalent in our society especially in fiction. This makes it easier for me to relate to female characters on an emotional level.
>>
File: RainCityAnimated.gif (83KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
RainCityAnimated.gif
83KB, 500x708px
After a long, long hiatus, Capes of Rain City is coming back on May 5th. (It was going to be the 28th but there was a real life conflict).

Does anyone besides monotreeme even remember this?
>>
>>1386848
Yup, I'm excited
>>
File: tegaki2.png (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki2.png
10KB, 400x400px
>>1386789
>>1386792
The Legend of Peter Titmouse
>>
>>1386862
OH SHIT YES.

Gnat still best.
>>
File: too far.jpg (87KB, 662x901px) Image search: [Google]
too far.jpg
87KB, 662x901px
>>1386862
Holy shit
>>
>>1386796
Exactly. I don't see how people can enjoy it. It's the flattest, barest, most boring "style" of writing I've ever seen.
>>
Hey, you. Stop crying about how quests are dying and actually play in a good quest. Lost freight has looks like it's written by a competent writer and has an interesting premise and I'm one of two voters.
>>
>>1386866
>>1386879
Looks like people remember.
But are you ready for the trivia contest???
>>
>>1386589
>>1386610
Guess it's kinda inevitable when you run quests for four years straight.
>>
>>1386931
Writing quality may as well be a dank meme when it comes to quests because it's basically fucking irrelevant to whether or not a quest is successful or not. The bare minimum is not being outright illegible trash.

What matters is what the players are getting out of it. Big clue there; players, not readers. You could have three posts of fucking beautifully written scenery and character interactions with thematic clues and hints that show, not tell, the reader what's going on, but it matters for dick fuck all if the players don't see what they can add to it. They copy and paste a prompt and nobody talks about anything and everybody's miserable.

The quests that do the best have quick, punchy updates that constantly have shit happening. It isn't like traditional prose where you can have actions winding down or quiet bits to contrast the action. From my experience the players just stop fucking caring because they aren't having a needle jammed in their arm.
>>
>>1387035
>From my experience the players just stop fucking caring because they aren't having a needle jammed in their arm.
>having a needle jammed in their arm.
When it's in, it feels good though, doesn't it?
>>
>>1387035
>players only want to vote if the vote matters
I don't see how you're painting this as a fault of the players, that's the whole point of questing
>>
>>1387047
It isn't a fault to want to only vote when it matters.

It's a fault to only vote when it's blindingly obvious that it matters like when shit is blowing up, and not caring about who and what is exploding until it's in several fiery pieces. Character building, interactions, the ACTUAL important shit? Nah let's fight some more my favorite movie is Transformers 17: Return of Starscream's Robot Gallstones
>>
>character is a rough and macho manly man
>players play him like a bitch, choosing non confrontational dialog and actions
I want to actively intimidate people with my body language, and directly threaten just for fun. Why won't they go along with it?
>>
>>1387095
Which quest?
>>
>>1387065
Isn't it up to the QM to write characters that players will get invested in and care about? Maybe you're just better at writing action than the things you think are more important.
>>1387095
Quest players like to be as non confrontational as possible. They tend to default to overly friendly and passive personalities for the most part because they want to be the good guy and doing anything else is too edgy. They'll always vote logically instead of emotionally which can make for very boring MCs.
>>
>>1387095
You ever hear that thing where people complain that all nearly all quests have the same protag? It's kinda like that. The MC has a defined personality and mannerisms but they are given the chance to go against that at every turn and take it every time. The best way to prevent this from happening (as the QM) that I've seen is to just make sure that none of the actions available are out of character and make it clear that write ins that don't line up with the MC will be vetoed.
>>
>>1387101
The problem is that anons don't understand the point of questing. Most players think that the point is to "win" when its really to play a character and experience a story through their perspective. So they vote for the options they feel are the best answers to a situation and then focus on making sure they have no flaws that will hinder them from making those decisions.
>>
>>1387123
>It's what you do.
>You talk, and you justify.
>You get into people's heads and you try and you think of little options to choose from, and try to pick the one that nets you the best result.
>You know I want something. Congratulations.
>What's the matter?
>Give me something.
>>
>>1387099
>Isn't it up to the QM to write characters that players will get invested in and care about?

It's up to the players to care in the first place. They clearly are interested enough to vote, just not enough to put effort into a response that takes character into consideration.

Quests aren't typical writing. They require interaction from players. The QM simply cannot do all the work. The players have to meet the QM at least partway, elsewise why are they even playing instead of jacking off.

>Maybe you're just better at writing action than the things you think are more important.

Much to my displeasure this is far from the case.
>>
Is Akun fucked again?
>>
File: TQ.jpg (179KB, 1024x510px) Image search: [Google]
TQ.jpg
179KB, 1024x510px
>>1385267
>QM Question
The collaborative nature of it all, seeing my vague plans go completely off the rails via players and the world expand because of it. Furiously drawing and improvving 95% of everything for a couple hours hasn't lost its enjoyment for me, yet.

Also, I swear to fucking God ever since I started QMing I've gotten bent over by physical ailments, one after another. Quite literally, in the case of the currently excruciating hemorrhoid, adding to the pile of coughs, colds, and a couple weeks of the flu. Looks like my promise of a new thread this weekend is gonna get broken, throw it onto another pile.
>>
>new quest is going well
>suddenly shit gets real, hard but interesting choices have to be made
>participation drops
Are players here just too afraid to vote when it requires thought?
>>
>>1387453
>>1387453
>>1387453

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now live.
>>
>>1387354
>Looks like my promise of a new thread this weekend is gonna get broken, throw it onto another pile.
Ah dam!

Trawler Quest is right up there with Black Company Quest for me, best two on this board.

Hope you feel better mate! Great drawing as well.
>>
>>1387446
Less that, and more people don't want to take a risk. Players actually generally love trying to stretch their thinkmeats- but only when the consequences of failure aren't dire or have a life at stake.
>>
>>1386209
Thank you. I think its time for me to call it quits.
>>
>>1386862
I looked up the archives of this and it's pretty great, I support bringing it back 100%
>>
>tfw Khornette Quest doesn't run this week
All I have to sate my 40k questing desires in the meantime is that shitty guardsman one. Despair.webm
>>
What's the lewdest you can get away with when doind a drawquest?
>>
Join us, we have bible verses.
>>1388347
>>
>>1388407
Most extreme I've seen on this board is a QM posting a tegaki-drawn actual furry porn image at the end of each thread
>>
Has /qst/ had any finished horror drawquests?
Or any memorable finished drawquests in general?
>>
>>1388412
Do you only write in greentext?
>>
/qst/ sure has seen better days.

I used to come here to play the god game threads, the QM was named Domino or something similar. How long have those been dead?
>>
>tfw no quest has breeding and pregnancy mechanics.
>tfw no quest has you obtaining a cadre of waifus that you fill with your baby batter over and over again

I just want to raise an entire village of progeny.
>>
>>1388644

This is a Blue Board, dumbass.
>>
>>1385267
Im new to 4chan and quests. Are ther any tips for "playing properly" as a newb? Also im confused about these dice being rolled....how do i roll the die?lol
>>
File: dicepost.png (32KB, 312x262px) Image search: [Google]
dicepost.png
32KB, 312x262px
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>1388722
In the Options field of a post, type "dice+(number of dice)(type of dice).
>>
>>1388722
>Im new to 4chan and quests.
>Also im confused about these dice being rolled....how do i roll the die?
Read the welcoming post:
>>2

>Are ther any tips for "playing properly" as a newb?
Take a look at some quests where questers have been either collaborative or have put thought into their votes, get a feel for the paradigm.
The biggest pieces of advice I can give is don't be a dick and don't try being dogmatic. There's no regulations for how one should play besides following these courtesies.
If there's any questions you have regarding a quest, normally you can just ask and either the questers or QM would be willing to answer. Some quests have summaries of recent events, read them to understand what's going on if you're jumping into a later thread.
>>
>>1388730
Ok, so i make up a # and write it out like that or do i actually roll a die?
>>
>>1388730
>>1388737
Write it out like that, case-sensitive. It's supposed to be rolled by the generator.
>>
>>1388740
But wheres the generator? Do i download one? Or when i wright >"dice+(number of dice)(type of dice) itll generate a number. I know its a dumb question
>>
>>1388757
See how it's typed in the picture?

It's just that. Do it exactly like that and it'll spit out whatever dice roll you define the dice as. You don't need anything else.
>>
>>1388734
>>1388757
Do what the anon with the image did. Yes, that's what the command means. >>2
>>1388759
Is correct.
>>
>>1388759
>>1388760
Thanks for explaining
>>
>>1388764
No problem. If you happen to have any questions feel free to ask and we'll try answering where possible.
>>
Rolled 81 (1d120)

Im really bored and i have like twenty of these quest idea that never come to fruitition because i was afraid that no one will read my quest but whatever ill roll this shit.

1. A High School Magic Academy setting You are the Transfer Student
2. A Fantasy Cyberpunk era where you are a bounty hunter who chase the girl who has the highest bounty on his head
3. A SciFi Grimdark Setting where every faction is fighting for one planet the has everything in it
4. A modern slice of life became action/suspense too quick. Also you are a neet.
5. A modern era where you are secret agent to protect the NSA daughter from everything. YES EVERYTHING!
6. A fantasy adventure where your goal is to have a band of princess in your own adventuring party
7. A Cyberpunk Idol Simulator where we gain fans by doing raid concert in other idol group.
8. A SciFi era where robots dominates human. You are a robot destine to free humans
9. A Fantasy genre where an adventuring party of misfits in search for fame and fortune.
10. An investigation quest where we are detective conan....not really but a close second.
11. A generic fantasy with generic party and generic boss with generic everything....except that we have monstergirls.
12. A pirate quest where we search for our missing crew because someone fuck it up.
13. A SciFi fantasy where a man from a future got sent in the medieval times.
14. A guy stuck in video game....yeah super generic
15. A girl suck by a story book and now must finish where she make her own story.
16. A child assassin who wanted to kill his target...saved instead now a butler-in-training and a bodyguard for a spoiled brat girl
17. A Maid Quest where we serve young master. Ara-ara is involved
18. A Crusader quest got transported to modern times. Deus Vult intensifies
19. A Normal Dude got dragged out by a female mad scientist in search for something that may help in his research.
20. A fantasy setting where we have a ridiculous party members. It just happens normally.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1388811
uhhh rerolling wrong dice
>>
So /qst/, what is your favorite quest that's currently running?
What about your favorite quest ever?
>>
>>1388817
Mecha Space Pirate Quest

The first quest that got me interested into questing.

I've tried others. But they all either were too slow, had long breaks in between with the QMs fucking off, or gotten bored and unable to continue. I'm looking at you, fkin Spartan Quest and Wulin Quest
>>
>>1388644
Ryukuza Quest had random rolls for what type of dragonettes the MC impregnated her harem with.

>>1388700
Liike the mods care what happens here.
>>
>>1388428
kek Sounds like me, minus the furry part
>>
>>1388817
Hive Queen Quest
>>
File: wallpaper3-1920by1080.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper3-1920by1080.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>1385267
>QM Question
It's an outlet for the many writing ideas, plots and world-building points that I have stored up. It provides both immediate feedback on the quality of my work and helps me evolve as a writer (I hope). I would probably not dedicate the time or effort to jotting this down in a notebook or typing out an actual book in this stage of my life, this is one way for me to keep the edge and also revel in praise when I do well (or apologise and try to do better if I muck up).

I take pride in seeing people enjoy it enough to dedicate time and effort in either drawfagging or analysing the MC's situation. Outright compliments make me as smug as a pug in a rug.
>that feel when anons in the general mention my quest in their favourites list

>>1386862
Definitely, I didn't participate on active threads much and I could tell it was VERY popular.

>>1388817
>Current
I'm not actually following anything at the moment, at least not on a schedule where I can participate in reliably since I run at the same time or work at others. Fantasy Crusader I guess, Trawler Quest looks promising. I'm tempted to binge on Mecha Space Pirate Quest even though Mecha's aren't my thing.

>Ever
Straight off the bat, House Harrock. That estranged family reconnecting man...
Also Ex-Guardsman Quest (before it got weird and off-canon). Certainly there are better that I've read in the archives, but these ones are my favourite that I've participated in regularly.
>>
>>1388817
>what is your favorite quest that's currently running?

N/A though I do like lamplighter when Ouro runs

>What about your favorite quest ever?
CRUSADER FUCKING QUEST
>>
>>1388817
Mecha Space Pirate, the qm is actually a really good writer and does a great job at writing interesting characters and getting you invested in the story.

>>1388941
You should binge it, right now we're mostly doing nothing so its a great time to catch up before shit really hits the fan.
>>
>>1389073
Isn't that the harem quest with traps and shit?
>>
>>1389131
Yes, but the focus is usually on us building up out crew and robbing people.
>>
>>1389150
Oh so the focus is only on chicks with dicks some of the time. Sounds like a quality quest
>>
>>1389169
Only one "girl" is a trap
>>
>>1385267
>QM question: What made questing fun for you?

It wasn't fun. It was never fun. And I quit because I was tired of pretending it was.

Here's the bottom line: People will tell you that, as the QM, it's your job to make things fun for your players, to give them something to come back to and a reason to keep playing. But this is not an objective board. If someone legitimately does not like your quest's theme, no matter how much you have going for it, the writing, drawings, character development... They just won't play it. You could have the best military quest out there objectively, but if that's not what people like then they're not going to play it.

/qst/ has been very little but disappointing for me over the years, and I gave up on it. I have made original quests, fan quests, generic quests (civ threads, and whatnot), and nothing has ever stuck. Objectively I had improved my writing, I had provided art, I took advice, I advertised my quests repeatedly... I got three players maximum if I was lucky. This board is disappointing, and what's more is that its community is disappointing. The only thing you faggots do here is complain about the QMs (I've got news for you, there are some toxic QMs AND players on this board) and spew hot shit that this board sucks, effectively turning away any new players that might want to see what this board is about. If they've got half a brain cell, they'll run after seeing the general thread and never come back.

>Sounds like a 'you' problem.

I have no problem with getting the fuck out and staying out. This is the last post I will ever make to this board.

I would bet every piece of money that I've seen that this board will be dead by the end of the year. And if it isn't, it should be. If you're serious about being a QM, I strongly encourage you to find a different outlet to project your writing. Not here. This whole site is just terrible.

Yes, I'm bitter. Yes, I'm salty. But I'll tell you what, I'm not wrong.
>>
>>1389229
>/qst/
>over the years
>>
>>1389233
maybe they hit c at some point in their qming and transported themselves into the future from their perspective who knows?
>>
>>1389229
t. akun shill
>>
>>1389229
>If you're serious about being a QM, I strongly encourage you to find a different outlet to project your writing.
So what sites would you suggest instead?
>>
>>1389318
THERE IS ONLY ONE.
>>
File: 1492617173027.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492617173027.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
>Read Advice QMs should never meta post in their threads.
Why exactly?
>>
>>1389332
>Advice QMs should never meta post in their threads.
>meta post
What would a QM meta post about anyways?
>>
>>1389318

All I know for sure is that I have what """"""looks""""""" to me like a larger, more engaged fanbase on Anonkun(Fiction.live) and that makes me happier and feel more fulfilled with what I do on that site as opposed to this one.

And in that same line of thought that goes

>your quest isnt popular, well its your fault!

I'm going with the

>your site isn't popular, well its your fault!

Of course no shade thrown towards any QM who feels fulfilled with the audience they have on 4chan.org/qst, no matter if its huge and filled with arguments or small and /comfy/.

Different writers require different things to feel good and keep writing. Some people HATE when there is any sort of conflict in their quest to the point that it gives them anxiety. Personally, I don't understand it, but I don't begrudge them for what they like.
>>
>Don't meta-talk during the thread. Save anything not about clarifying the vote until the session's done.
Is the exact advice.

>>1389347
>What would a QM meta post about anyways?
Well based on this advice, "meta" here seems to mean anything not about that exact moment in the quest.

So saying "You guys are fucked later" or telling a joke or making side conversation "I saw that movie too, it was great"

I mean, I get don't derail your own thread, but any reason aside from that?
>>
>>1389366
Do you recommend anonkun over /qst/? Is it any easier to gather an audience there?
>>
>>1389373

Run your exact same quest on both sites.

Seriously, just fucking do it.

See for yourself.
>>
>>1389367
>Is the exact advice.
>>1389367
>Well based on this advice, "meta" here seems to mean anything not about that exact moment in the quest.
Ah, thanks for clarifying.

>>1389367
>I mean, I get don't derail your own thread, but any reason aside from that?
Probably to not kill the mood for any scene besides that.

Personally, I'd encourage it so long as it's properly spoilered and indicated that the QM's just fucking around. It helps make the thread seem more lively. Up to the QM's discretion of course when it's appropriate.
>>
>>1389373
>>1389376
If you can handle the extra workload, I'd agree too for a proper experiment.
>>
File: thimkgen.png (8KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
thimkgen.png
8KB, 112x112px
>>1389376
>>1389396
I'm tempted to try this out on a quick one-shot or something, anyone wanna pair up to properly test this theory?
>>
>>1389412
>anyone wanna pair up to properly test this theory?
Pair up as a QMs or questers, or QM and quester pair?

>>1389412
>I'm tempted to try this out on a quick one-shot or something
One-shots would be a great way to experiment, yeah.
>>
>>1389396
>>1389412

The one thing I would say though is that the experiment really doesnt say much other than what the best environment is for that particular quest.

For example,

I'm running a quest called SMT: San Francisco Bay Area on anonkun.

Its fanfic. SMT doesn't have the largest audience in the world and my quest certainly isn't the biggest thing on anonkun.

Now if i ran it on /qst/ would it get a similar sized audience? Perhaps. I honestly don't know. It could potentially be bigger on /qst/. For all I know all the SMT fans hate anonkun and love /qst/. And thus this piece of fanfiction would work better on this site.

Like there's a quest on this site called SMT: Spain that I participate in and I think it has a good five or six players, despite it being relatively sub-par in quality

Don't do this shit as an "experiment" to find out which community is better for you.

Do it as an experiment to find out on which site you should run your quest.

There is literally no backlash to switching back and forth between anonkun and /qst/.
>>
>>1389423
>Don't do this shit as an "experiment" to find out which community is better for you.
>Do it as an experiment to find out on which site you should run your quest.
That's correct, I forgot about statistical bias or interpretation. Thanks for reminding me.

>>1389423
>There is literally no backlash to switching back and forth between anonkun and /qst/.
The only backlash is from yourself cursing your crushed aspirations.
>>
>>1389420
Ideally as QMs, one in /qst/ and the other on anonkun (although this would depend on trafic), trying to maintain the questline as similar as possible.
Since I'm not interested in fanfics I'd sugest we do something original or at least mostly original.
>>
>>1389412
Dude nobody plays one shots regardless of the site it's on
>>
>>1389454
>Ideally as QMs,
Oh, shit. Sorry, I don't have any experience QMing nor do I have the time to QM with all the quests I'm currently questing in.

>>1389508
Well since we discussed that the quest one-shot won't be representative of the site's viability, perhaps it'll be like a demo version preceding the actual quest thereafter?
>>
>>1389508
Now that you mention it, I agree, however, it doensn't need to be a one-shot, but it would be ideal to keep it contained to a small size, like >>1389535 suggested.

>>1389535
That's okay anon I don't have any QM experience either.
>>
>>1385267
What other places host quests like /qst/
>>
>>1389604
Anonkun, Spacebattles, Questionable Questing, there were some other places.
But anything but Akun is barely heard about these days.
>>
>>1389604
Anonkun, Reddit (kind-of), Spacebattles, Sufficient Velocity, and then that's all I can think of.
>>
>>1389623
>>1389629
Cool, thanks! What /r can I find the quests from, can't seem to find it from google.
>>
>>1388887
But Spartan Quest died with two players

Its funny because I was on the absolute verge of running it again this week.

Unless you're talking about something else
>>
I haven't followed /qst/ at all, though I used to run on /tg/ a little a long time ago.

With the board change and all, can quests manage if they aren't run on schedule but you just make an entry once or twice a day since threads are up for longer? Something closer to web fiction formats than game formats.
>>
>>1389722
>I haven't followed /qst/ at all, though I used to run on /tg/ a little a long time ago.
I'm one of the newer questers around so I can't speak for any differences.

>>1389722
>With the board change and all, can quests manage if they aren't run on schedule but you just make an entry once or twice a day since threads are up for longer? Something closer to web fiction formats than game formats.
If you're okay with running with a few questers, there's already a few quests that currently do this. I know one of them has been around for roughly 2 months or so.
>>
Rate my new class-based rock scissor papers combat system:

Kickboxing beats Grappling
Grappling/Wrestling beats Martial Arts
Martial Arts beats Kickboxing
>>
File: 1490755097190.jpg (39KB, 272x309px) Image search: [Google]
1490755097190.jpg
39KB, 272x309px
>>1390042
>Martial Arts beats Kickboxing
>Kickboxing beats Grappling
>>
>>1390042
But literally all of this is wrong.
>>
>>1390042
Boring/10
>>
>>1390042
Kickboxing isn't a Martial Art?
>>
>>1390042

/asp/ bro-science/10
>>
Academy Tournament Organization Quest is up!

>>1390022
>>
I'm contemplating running a Godbound quest, let me know if it strikes your interest and what specifically you'd like to see out of a game like that.
>>
Re:Creators but with quests?
>>
>>1389717
Did it? Cuz I swear the last thread I saw us being threaten by the General asking us about the status of his daughter
>>
File: walking garbage.jpg (97KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
walking garbage.jpg
97KB, 520x600px
>>1391685
>>
>>1389229
>one post by this ID
Yeah whatever.
>>
>>1392871
It's okay. He was a time traveler, he knew what was talking about.
>>
File: touch luck pal.png (119KB, 611x432px) Image search: [Google]
touch luck pal.png
119KB, 611x432px
>>
Yeah. It was only Wrenloft and Sleepy at the end IIRCC and I think i ran for like 10 hours maybe more that day on top of announcing that is run
>>
>>1393071
Meant to link>>1391738
>>
>>1393072
Ah, too bad. Well, if you would like to try again sometime, I would be there.
>>
File: jerrica.png (1MB, 1600x2539px) Image search: [Google]
jerrica.png
1MB, 1600x2539px
>>1393685
Peter Titmouse
>>
>>1393698
>draw quest
die pls
>>
>>1393718
actually anon, no you.
>>
Is anime still okay I want to run a Boku no Hero Academia quest.
>>
>>1393759
Literally anything is okay
>>
>>1393764
Well, not everything. For example, shitposting quest.
>>
>>1393759
Is fine.

Just be at least slightly unique with the story
>>
>>1393770
Nobody's going to stop you even if you do that.
>>
File: fanart11.jpg (2MB, 1447x1860px) Image search: [Google]
fanart11.jpg
2MB, 1447x1860px
>>1379169
MoonQuest
>>
>>1393718
>Not wanting draw quests.
Man, what a faggot.

>>1393759
>>1393764
Yeah, but take a look at some good quests before you start for some pointers.
>>
>>1393950
>encourages draw quests and anime quests
the cancer that drove us off of /tg/
>>
>>1393955
No, that'd be the retarded mods.
>>
>>1393955
>the cancer that drove us off of /tg/
>>1393961
Wasn't there for what happened so I don't know either of you are talking about.

>>1393955
>>encourages draw quests
Draw quests are fine, they take effort at a minimum.

>>1393955
>anime quests
Read >>1393764
I don't necessarily support anime quests, depends on the QM and questers.
It's a quest, so there's nothing stopping one from making them.
>>
>>1393969
>this method of replying
>willingly admits to being a newfag
You actually have to leave
>>
>>1393975
>>willingly admits to being a newfag
I suppose being around for 2 months counts as being a newfag by /qst/ standards.

>>1393975
>You actually have to leave
>>1393718
>die pls
Now you're just being a massive faggot.
>>
>>1393982
I will fully accept the existence of /qst/ and never complain again if this anon is publicly banned for being such a giant faggot.
>>
>>1393975
>>this method of replying
No arguments there, just the way I reply.

>>1393988
So now you're just being petty, alright then.
>>1393739
This anon had the right idea.
>>
There are people who want fewer draw quests?
What is this madness?
>>
>>1385267
Would you guys accept /mlp/ quests here?
>>
>>1394008
Although there's nothing stopping you, /mlp/ quests aren't banned on their home board so I have no idea why you'd want that.
>>
>>1394008
>>1394016
Yeah, but last I checked MLP stuff was only allowed on one or two boards.
>>
>>1394008
There aren't even mods here to ban/move you if you did
>>
>>1394025
There are, they've responded to reports in the past.
Whether they'd care enough to enforce that, I'm not sure.
>>
>>1394026
What kind of reports?
>>
>>1394027
The ones that I'm sure they've responded to are the standard stuff that breaks the global rules and /qst/ rules. So off-topic stuff for the most part.
>>
>>1394008
Fuck no.
>>
>>1393996
The only one that I've seen to be against draw quests in general is >>1393955 anon, but I don't know the things he's seen to know whether he has legitimate reasons or not.

>>1394051
It'd likely be unspeakably cancerous if it ever did take off the ground, yeah.
>>
>>1394078
/mlp/ quests are of no lesser quality than the ones here, but understandable.
>>
>>1394084
That really isn't saying much,

In any case there's absolutely no reason for them to even be here. If quests were banned from /mlp/ that would be one thing, but they aren't. I can see everybody being much happier if things remained as they are now.
>>
Quests in /mlp/ is in the position they need to be on all other boards.
Anime quests on /a/, vidya quests in /v/ or /vg/, quests in tabletop game's settings on /tg/.
This would've been better for everyone.
But instead, we have /qst/.
>>
>>1394147
OC quests where?
>>
>>1394155
Either /b/ (I'd rather not) or wherever they fit better thematically. Like harem quests on /a/ or generic OS fantasy on /tg/.
Akun is also always an option.
>>
>>1394147
>Quests in /mlp/ is in the position they need to be on all other boards.
So you'd support /mlp/ quests being on other boards for its viability, or supporting the strict global ban on them outside of it being in /mlp/?

>>1394155
>>1394167
>Akun is also always an option.
I knew this day would come...
>>
>>1394167
>/b/

No.

OC quests go on /tg/ because tabletop games cover such a broad range of settings and themes that honestly anything fits there.
>>
>>1394172
I'd support them being able to be run on other boards while not supporting them actually being there. Like, free speech, man.
They would be driven off back to /mlp/ pretty quickly anyways.
>>
>>1394172
>I knew this day would come...
I'm not sure what you mean.
>>1394183
>free speech
Ah, and free market. That too.
>>
>>1394189
>I'm not sure what you mean.
Mostly in jest of Anonkun being advocated over /qst/ on /qtg/, since it seems to be brought up a lot.

>>1394189
>free market.
Sorry, what? What does that have to do with 4chan?
>>
>>1394147
>this ridiculous idea again
>>
>>1389229
What a faggot
>>
>>1394201
>Sorry, what? What does that have to do with 4chan?
Running a quest is kinda like running a shop, but instead of money, you're trying to get players and their attention. You should be allowed to run an mlp quest anywhere, but the players (the customers) won't give you their attention (their money) anywhere outside of /mlp/, because noone needs that shit anywhere else. Hence the quest will just die.
>>1394213
Wonderful reasoning and argumentation, shithead.
>>
>>1394229
>Running a quest is kinda like running a shop, but instead of money, you're trying to get players and their attention.
>Running a quest is kinda like running a shop,
>like running a shop,
So those astroturfing theorists were right after all... I should've known.
>>
>>1394320
Please elaborate.
>>
>>1394329
Shilling.
>>
File: 2.1.jpg (614KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
2.1.jpg
614KB, 890x890px
An update on the Paladin of Avalon is up!
https://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/29-the-age-of-a-new-moon/4mHiSfnEtCb8zAujx
See the lands of our hearts
>>
File: spacebattles_logo.png (19KB, 388x132px) Image search: [Google]
spacebattles_logo.png
19KB, 388x132px
Come home QMs
>>
>>1386807
>it grows stronger
Should we be worried?
>>
>>1396743
No.

There might even be a slim, slim possibility of it drawing people here since it's a crossboard meme or whatever.
>>
File: impressive.png (102KB, 391x350px) Image search: [Google]
impressive.png
102KB, 391x350px
>>1396743

>No prompts
>Not a draw quest
>Not an established qm?

>1000000 replies, image limit reached, 100 posters
>>
>>1397135
more like absolutely disgusting

but hey
its the future of quests
>>
File: star quest.png (410KB, 1300x1876px) Image search: [Google]
star quest.png
410KB, 1300x1876px
>>1396743
>>1386028
>>1386001

It has tons of players because the quest comes from /co/

Like this guy >>1385972 said, it comes from a meme thread from /co/. The quest was also advertised on the svtfoe general.

It's ingenious! One could run a quest on a non-ded board but disguised as a meme thread to hide from the wrath of the janitors. After using the population of the board to hire players move the quest to /qst/ bringing in much more players than you would making the thread in /qst/. (not to mention giving this board some exposure)
>>
>>1397302
How was your investigation, Autism?
>>
>>1397302
I have been tempted to try that on certain generals.
>>
>>1397302
This is freaking ingenious. Quest threads might be banned, but actually shilling quest threads on whatever general/board that might fit it could work.
>>
>>1397437
>>1397542
>>1397302
I feel like this is something that depends on the board and the general, though. /co/ seems fairly accepting of fanfiction, I imagine not every board is.
>>
>>1397567
No we must become the cancer they said we were, we will fill all the popular boards with thinly veiled shill threads.
gas the jews quest for /pol/
boxxy quest for /b/
you're not white quest for /int/
all of them
>>
File: mcree stuns you.jpg (23KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
mcree stuns you.jpg
23KB, 500x281px
>>1397574
>recruiting from /b/
I know morale is bleak but I don't think /qst/ is that desperate yet
>>
>>1397598
But it is.
>>
Would a dwarf fortress playthrough but with the quest format such as prompts and stuff be welcomed on the board?
>>
>>1397686
Yes.

Video game playthroughs are good if it's a game with lots of decision making (since that's the only thing the players on your quest can do) like RPGs or dwarf fort. Video games that are just challenges with little to no decision making like fps games and puzzle games are extremely bad.

>Good tier
Dwarf fort
Character progression rpgs (eg: fallout)

>okay tier
strategy games

>bad tier
puzzle games
fps games
action games
platformer games

>shit tier
visual novels
rhythm games
cookie clicker
>>
>>1397706
I see, thanks for your input. Maybe later I'll hit up /dfg/ to see if they're interested in a dwarf fort quest.
>>
If you lose players because of a shitty mistake, is there no way to get them back?
>>
>>1397800
don't make mistakes if you don't want to lose players
>>
>desire to spend over a hundred dollars on art for my favorite quest
Thank god I just finished paying my bills and am back to max poorfag status.
>>
>>1397800
What did you do?
>>
>>1397816
>over a hundred dollars
What would you even spend so much on? You can get very good commissions for 40 or less if you find the right artist.
>>
>>1397800
Depends on what the mistake was.

>>1397816
I can't think of a better investment of money.
Although I'm fairly sure you'd be entitled to a sloppy blowjob from the QM if you actually dropped that much cash for them, even indirectly.
>>
>>1397820
I was looking at one specific artist, but I think if I actually had the money to spend I would hope to have enough sense to back down to few other cheaper artists I like.
>>
>>1397813
I wish I was a questing robot too
>>1397819
>>1397822
I forgot I was writing a quest and not a book. I also forgot what made the quest good in the first place. Had a moment of clarity and realization, but none of my players even bother telling me it's gone down the shitter.
>>
>>1397901
>Had a moment of clarity and realization, but none of my players even bother telling me it's gone down the shitter.
Did you ask them at the end of a thread for feedback? Usually they don't unless prompted to.
>>
>>1397906
I do. I'm sure they just filter it out as white noise.
>>
>>1397901
>I forgot I was writing a quest and not a book.
Could you elaborate on this?
>>
>>1397910
I was forcing in plot points I liked instead of letting them develop naturally. I must have been huffing paint or at least momentarily brain damaged, but I thought those bits would be fun for my players to read.
>>
>>1397800
Depends on the mistake and anons, but don't hold your hopes up for the most part.
>>1397813
General attitude you should be expecting. It'd be pretty difficult to get anons to consider looking at your quest again unless it was something relatively minor like being on a hiatus, not accounting for sending a message that’d even be someplace they’d notice.
>>1397901
>I wish I was a questing robot too
You don't necessarily have to be a robot to do well, but gathering a questing base of players that are willing to hold discussions in depth is rather difficult and essentially a luck of the draw for most QMs.

>>1397901
>>1397910
He likely became a railroading master without even realizing.
>>
>>1397929
>>1397934
I see. Well, you done fucked up anon.
>>
How do we get quests off this half-dead containment board? Either to /tg/ or to relevant boards (anime quests on /a/, capeshit quests on /co/, etc).
>>
>>1397820
Care to recommend those artists?
>>
File: 9NZ_vJYAJrc.jpg (662KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
9NZ_vJYAJrc.jpg
662KB, 2560x1600px
>>1398062
Uh, it's a bit complicated.
4chan doesn't let me post links, so read more here: https://pastebin.com/fyRRG96G

In short, Russians are cheap and decent you can be a bit of a pain to find.
>>
>>1398147
>you
but
I don't know how this happened.
>>
File: 2.jpg (646KB, 892x890px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
646KB, 892x890px
https://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/29-the-age-of-a-new-moon/4mHiSfnEtCb8zAujx
Who threatens the peace of the Realm of Man these days?
>>
>>1397929
>>1397934
And what do you do when everything your players do is stupid and uninspired but they're nonetheless relying on you to turn their shit into gold and they keep saying they love your quest but it's honestly awful having to deal with their bad decisions, cheesy dialogue and low effort posting? Most can't remember even the major plot points.
>>
>>1398464
Are you the same anon as >>1397929 or is this a rhetorical question? I'm guessing rhetorical because of the sudden shift in tone.
>>
File: 1428731120434.jpg (113KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
1428731120434.jpg
113KB, 1300x866px
>qm likes to link songs to set the scene but they have an atrocious taste in music
>>
File: 1490986852503.png (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1490986852503.png
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>1398601
>qm works the suggested songs into the story as battle themes
>>
>>1398601
It's always the same shit, too.
>and for this ~epic battle scene~ I'll put on Light up the Night!
>>
>>1398464
if you're asking genuinely
you seem to know what you're doing to the point where players say they like your quest

that's not good enough to get players thinking or posting above minimum. "like" is nebulous

players by default don't care to think too hard
players who think too much, by default, don't post until they feel the need to
braindeads who overthink rely on carpet bombing thousand monkeys on typewriters style to get from point A to point B
players shift from these pools at random, one might be on point one session, the next they're a drooling retard. can even be the same ID and usually is if a session runs late into w/e timezone

the hard way to get medium effort posts is to throw challenges at them that if they don't think through they will very obviously suffer from

sounds like a bad idea at first; and it is if you don't make the consequences supremely obvious, no hints here, have characters (even tough ones) explicitly state the badness of fucking up, and do not give them solutions, make all of your default in character greentext suboptimal or just plain obvious garbage

not what you see as obvious garbage, what is obvious garbage to any decent player, options like: surrender, let another character sacrifice themselves for your retreat (I'll hold them off, anon, you go on!), extensive loss of resources, limbs, or other progress and incredible setbacks.
once again, no hints. none. they won't use them even if they're there, and they're looking for them, know they're there, and they deserve them. still won't utilize them.
so don't put them there
rely on them thinking outside the prompt
or
putting it positively
trust your playerbase to make an attempt

if they give up, congratulations; you've succeeded establishing a divergent setup
mov the fuck on

if they claim you're making things impossible, thus railroading a plot point, just state you'd never give them an impossible challenge they didn't choose. it's the classic ezpz dm statement of hands-off freedom.
it's okay to lie here; if you get results you can just change things behind the scenes so you're not lying in hindsight.
railroading is taking choice and opportunity away from players for arbitrary story contrivances, so giving different potential narratives to them in a challenging manner can be seen as the same; but so long as you continue doing it it's not gonna stall you, you just have to play the waiting game until an anon, or anons, decide to finally PLAY the quest & stop sucking

the rest is a combination of your skills and luck
90% luck
just like any other kind of success, maximize your luck by forcing cumulative decisions in the vector you desire

by the way, it could be too late to apply any of this trash advice. it's better to start a game in mind either with the idea of how you're intending to engage players. if it was your plot, congrats, you failed. rarely has any transmutation from shit to gold worked out in the same quest.

actually, don't know if it ever has.
>>
>>1398464
>>1398509
>>1398637
Well, since another anon took the effort to respond, I'll guess I'll throw in my observations too.

>>1398637
Most of this post is on post for what you're trying to obtain. I should mention that outside of what we suggested, your best chances are talking to your questers directly. They’ll be the ones who make or break your quest, and the ones who have to put in the effort to be less retarded for its survival.
If you want any more feedback from us, I’d suggest you link your quest with the points you want to talk about so we can provide more precise and relevant discussions.

>>1398637
>players shift from these pools at random, one might be on point one session, the next they're a drooling retard. can even be the same ID and usually is if a session runs late into w/e timezone
This is accurate from personal experience. One of the troubles of human nature. Not really much I can offer here besides making clear, consistent schedules for anons to prepare.

>>1398637
>no hints here,
At first, there should be hints, with slowly declining levels of hints in which the challenges presented in the increasing difficulty of the prompts should be something the anons have prepared for in their previous prompts. Of course, this is a time consuming process and likely something you'll have to explicitly state to them and guide them through for preparing their anuses.
>>1398637
>and do not give them solutions,
In the tutorial section of the difficult discussion prompts, solutions should be given after the outcome has been decided, whether they succeeded or not, to give them pointers in future instances on how to not be monumental fuckups.

>>1398637
>if they give up, congratulations; you've succeeded establishing a divergent setup
>mov the fuck on
This is the sort of stuff that works best in a demo or tutorial for a quest, so it'd be rather difficult to implement in the middle of one.

>>1398637
>the rest is a combination of your skills and luck
>90% luck
>just like any other kind of success, maximize your luck by forcing cumulative decisions in the vector you desire
This is pretty much it. You'd have to be either incredibly lucky or skilled, preferably both, to achieve a rather lofty goal such as this. Getting your questers to help would make this much easier, but also be a feat in of itself.

>>1398637
>by the way, it could be too late to apply any of this trash advice.
A shame in the life cycle of quests.

>>1398637
>rarely has any transmutation from shit to gold worked out in the same quest.
There's one QM that I know of that's trying to salvage his quest, I don't know how well he's doing though.

>>1398637
>actually, don't know if it ever has.
Most quests that has what this QM's looking for pretty much started with it within the first few threads, beyond that I haven't seen cases where it's managed to change much.
>>
File: Trolley Carrier.jpg (161KB, 1019x473px) Image search: [Google]
Trolley Carrier.jpg
161KB, 1019x473px
If any of my players are here, I'm not dead, just still badly under the weather. Been working on some light art and worldbuilding for TQ though. This particular one isn't in the quest - yet - a 'trolley' carrier, a hefty cargo ship converted into a double-decked carrier and named after the ubiquitous two-level trolley cars in the Citadel.
>>
Academy Tournament Organization Quest has resumed!

>>1398888
>>
File: deathamongthestarsquest.gif (41KB, 190x223px) Image search: [Google]
deathamongthestarsquest.gif
41KB, 190x223px
Death Among the Stars Quest continues today with a special thread to deal with the undead crisis in Refuge

>>1399268
>>1399268
>>
>>1385267
Anybody remember that one quest where the players played as a stone age human civilization that lived next to a bunch of dwarves and the dwarves would take human women as sex slaves, cripple them and then return the crippled women plus retarded half breeds?
>>
>>1396583
Eh. I'm trying a one-shot there right now just to see how the other half lives and thus far it's kinda slow. Like. Maybe it's the status as a relative unknown, maybe I fucked up my hook, maybe it's the fact that thus far there's been zero non-narrative mechanics, but there's three people who've voted thus far and that's about fuckin' it.
>>
File: count them SIs.png (151KB, 765x938px) Image search: [Google]
count them SIs.png
151KB, 765x938px
>>1401170
It's a meme, you dip.

This is the general tastes of that creative shithole.
>>
>>1401083
Yep, but that was a civ. One of the first, if not the very first one, iirc.
>>
>>1401205
Why didn't you take a screenshot of their quest forum?
>>
>>1397300

Tarot Quest is running again!
In this update: the players have managed to crit-fail dreaming by having a close encounter with The Devil!
Only on Tarot Quest!
>>
>>1398631
>Not Wu-Tang
>Only having music for battle scenes
>Not having Music that relates to the Plot/Event/Current Theme
>>
>>1398601
am I the only one who wants songs without lyrics all day everyday?
>>
>>1401415
you are not

the best music for quests is wordless ambiance or theatrical trailer music

or, very rarely, classical

spice girl grunge idol redux battle tempo can go and stay gode
>>
>>1401409
>>1401415
>>1401419
https://my.mixtape.moe/fcpplp.webm
>>
File: 1492370337600.png (116KB, 604x572px) Image search: [Google]
1492370337600.png
116KB, 604x572px
>>1401419
>Not choosing music that is thematically appropriate regardless of genre
You're probably one of those people who listens exclusively to video game OSTs, aren't you?
>>
>>1401500
Music with lyrics isn't good for dialogue heavy scenes.
>>
>>1401505
Fair enough. I don't really see the point in putting music to anything but action-y scenes though, or at the end of the thread as mood music.

And to be fair, I listen to vidya soundtracks sometimes when I'm writing to keep myself in a rhythm.
>>
Never thought I would say this but I miss Soma.
>>
>>1401533
Fuck Soma
>>
>>1401533
>>1401633
I think we all need to have a serious discussion pertaining to the fact that our gracious quest master known as Soma. He is not the proficient writer we once thought him to be, in all actuality he is a hack and a fraud peddling low quality goods, he is equatable to the snake oil salesmen of yore. We have seen him throw out worthless and petty drama time and time again yet accepted his skill as a writer nonetheless, we suck in his scenes of mindless violence like a starving calf does his mother's teat, we do this even though it is obscenely obvious to even the lowest of the common plebes that violence could be written by a third grader. For far too long have we debased ourselves reveling in simple adrenaline evoking scenes and suffering through mindless drivel between. I say it is high time that we demand of Soma a higher quality quest and that he should be held accountable for his poorly thought out setting and plot lines that are so blatantly come up with on the spot. I personally have spent several weeks deep within the bowels of the beast known as the ircabal and in my times there I have gathered evidence which leads me to believe there is a origin point for all the flaws which our quest master has. I propose that soma is a autistic pedophile lacking in the common moral fiber that binds upstanding society, I assert this to have been the driving factor in his early leave from home as he had made unwelcome sexual advances upon his underage sister possibly even raping her. The resulting social backlash and banishment from his normal everyday life would be an extreme stress factor to someone with autism, leading to him seeking a way to vent his frustrations in some way. That way is Banished Quest; Banished Quest is an autistic pedophiles emotional vent enabled and allowed to continue for far too long. I thank you for your time reading all of this my fellow questing individuals and I welcome all constructive criticism.
>>
>>1401638
Nice copypasta, m8.
>>
File: boring_shit.png (139KB, 566x877px) Image search: [Google]
boring_shit.png
139KB, 566x877px
>>1401363
Good luck unless you started a few years ago, or want to write a RWBY or Worm quest
>>
File: nost.png (112KB, 1300x768px) Image search: [Google]
nost.png
112KB, 1300x768px
Havent been to /qst/ since last summer, do people still do culture evo quests, or is it dead?

Also Im thinking of doing a twist of on the civ quests with a cult instead, so you're managing to take over modern day town with a population of cult members and you progress in cult beliefs, gonna try it later today/tomorrow
>>
Regardless of whether or not you follow the quest, and ignoring any IP infringement that might occur, what is the general consensus (or lack thereof) on Point of View novelization for a Quest?

http://www.strawpoll.me/12825669

I have noticed that First Person Limited is how most women enjoy their smut/romance/urban fantasy/historical fantasy nowadays.
>>
>>1401913
There's no option to put it in the trash
>>
>>1401918
Of course not. If Stephanie Meyers, GRRM, and Jay Fucking Naylor can publish, anyone can.
>>
>>1401951
Doesn't mean you should publish. Who else besides the pathetic weebs sad enough to read some cringy and god awful yuri shit would really want to buy that kind of book anyways?
>>
When QuestDrone inevitably dies the last string binding me to /qst/ will be severed and at long last I will finally be free of this cursed place.
>>
>>1401959
Know your audience, and publish for them, anon.

You'd be surprised. And probably horrified.
>>
File: 1480778018754.jpg (9KB, 236x159px) Image search: [Google]
1480778018754.jpg
9KB, 236x159px
>>1401913
>novelization for a Quest
>>
>>1401980
It wouldn't be the quest itself being novelized.

I'm crazy, not insane. Also, IP infringement hell.
>>
>>1401951
>Jay Naylor
Fucking what?
>>
>>1401980
But why?
>>
What quests are everyone reading right now? Are you even reading any at all?
>>
>>1402223
>thinks there are quests worth reading
>>
>>1402223
Too busy setting something up for my own quest and delaying an update so I can actually finish said something
>>
>>1402223
Same QMs as always. The new ones keep going with the rookie mistakes, and i dont have time to set all of them straight right now.
>>
>>1402107
Degenerate furry porn. The man should be gassed.
>>
>>1403817
>REEEE people are enjoying something i dislike REEE
No, it's actually you who should be.
>>
>>1401971
Nothing's stopping you from joining the shitposting hellstorm that's Star Vs. the forces of autism
>>
>>1404016
>>1403817
The degenerate part is that Naylor shoves his objectivist views into his furry porn.
>>
>>1398921
Man, your art style is so cool!
>>
>Soma is gone for good
>Ouro has horrible debilitating illness
>Sylvetican presumably in medical school
>Moloch is now writing a magical girl quest
>Diarca is still too bootyblasted about /asthma/ to run
Is the age of good worldbuilding in quests over? If not please give recommendations
>>
>>1406073
>/asthma/
Fucking autocorrect. Should be /qst/
>>
>>1406073
Wong does a lot of good worldbuilding in Mecha Space Pirate.
>>
>>1406073
Check this nigga out. >>1398921

>>1406079
/qst/ confirmed for causing breathing difficulties.
>>
File: 1488088507281.jpg (114KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488088507281.jpg
114KB, 1920x1080px
>>1406086
>>
>>1406073
When in doubt,

Blame yurifags.
>>
You like Fantasy? You like Detectives? Well I got both, here, Fantasy Detective Quest is live.

>>1406055
>>1406055
>>
>>1406086
It's a shame that this good worldbuilding is hidden behind all the waifu harem shit you guys plaster all over your OPs.

You're damn right I am judging a book by it's cover. That's half the battle in getting players to look at your quest in the catalog.
>>
>>1406119
Honestly I get it man, the harem doesn't bother me but that fan art does put out the wrong message and looks like shit while doing it. I don't know why Wong likes to use it so much.
>>
>>1406073
There's always Valen. It's been around since /tg/ but never seems to catch much interest. QM's been flaking out lately, though.
>>
>>1406122
Because he's grateful his fans actually care enough to do something.

Its a fucking harem quest dont shy away from your core concepts, my dude.
>>
>>1406137
The issue is that that isn't the core concept, its being a space pirate.
>>
File: 1493075164049.png (641KB, 636x616px) Image search: [Google]
1493075164049.png
641KB, 636x616px
>>1406073
>Moloch is now writing a magical girl quest
Have you even read the quest before you judged it or are you one of those edgy faggots from /tg/ who automatically hates anything too """weaboo"""? Because it's actually his best worldbuilding to date.
>>
>>1406148
Surely he'll take your word for it.

Because its not like smug anime girl posters are literally the lake scum of this fucking site.

Oh wait.

They fucking are.

Fuck off you weeaboo faggot.

>>1406147

Space pirate with his harem of six waifus.
>>
>>1406159
The waifus are a product of him being a space pirate and living a life where he can take whatever he wants. And his old captain did the same thing when the mc was still new to the group.
>>
>>1406159
>Complaining about weebs
Uh..

You realise what this site is about, right?

Right...?
>>
>>1406168
I'm sure the girls had little problem with just be taken then, right?
>>
File: 1383589370603.jpg (96KB, 944x712px) Image search: [Google]
1383589370603.jpg
96KB, 944x712px
>>1406127
I've been slowing catching up but I have utterly no fucking idea what's going on sometimes.

>>1406159
pic related
>>
>>1406173
>>1406179

Newsflash buckos: The insult there was faggot, not weeaboo.

Also when they post enough of the exact same loli doing the exact same smug face its no longer just "muh anime".

Then it becomes avatarfagging which IS looked down upon by this site.

Now go play your Naruto quests, you dumb weeaboo cunts.
>>
>>1406183
>>>/pol/
>>
File: wendys_wendy_4.jpg (237KB, 1077x1149px) Image search: [Google]
wendys_wendy_4.jpg
237KB, 1077x1149px
>>1406159
>Because its not like smug anime girl posters are literally the lake scum of this fucking site
You are correct. That'd be /tg/ posters.

But no, go ahead and tell me about your HI-larious elf slave meme or how HFY is totally a legitimate genre and not just masturbatory drivel. Maybe throw in an edgy sickdark subversion or 40K meme while you're at it.
>>
>>1406176
Well two of the girls have been in love with the mc for years before the quest and the rest we're wooed by the mc and knew about him seeing multiple women before hand. Though all of them have at least one other girl they don't like and there's a least three who just about hate each other and fight all the time behind the mc's back.
>>
>>1406183
I don't think you know what avatarfagging means.
>>
>>1406148
>>1406159
>>1406183
>>1406186
>>1406189
Ah... Now I see why /qtg/ is so notorious for its shitstorms.
>>
>>1406190
And yet none of them are bound to fall out of love with the MC for it, will they. Probably not, that would ruin the fantasy of it all.

Why are harm defenders the worst?
>>
>>1406195
>37 posts by this ID
>>
>>1406209
Remember though, he's been here 2 (two!) whole months, so totally not a newfag
>>
>>1406189

You got me. I called out your cancerous fucking posting style so clearly I support other types of cancer.

In reality, I support chemo.

For the anal cancer that you are and the lung cancer that /tg/ retardation is.

>>1406186
>>>/a/
>>>/reddit/

>>1406194
If you save hundreds of pictures of the exact same anime character and post it along with every single post you make, you're avatarfaggin. That's not up for debate.
>>
>>1406214
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1406206
Maybe, I don't know I can't see the future.
>>
>>1406209
Didn't really pay attention to previous /qtg/s before this one to really notice how it goes in progress.

>>1406213
Hm? I didn't say I wasn't a newfag. I just said it in remark to one of his prior points.
>>
>>1406218
Kill yourself
>>
>>1406218
God, the way you fucking type is so annoying
>>
File: 1490234577378m.jpg (64KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1490234577378m.jpg
64KB, 1024x576px
>>1406214
>I called out your cancerous fucking posting style so clearly I support other types of cancer.
See, smug anime posting is great because it draws out the thin-skinned normiefags that don't belong on this site. Like you.

Ironic that you should tell others to go back to that site when you're acting like a regular from there.
>>
>>1406222
Hm. Well if that's how you're going to be, alright then.

>>1406224
If you actually bothered to say something about what exactly you find a problem with, I might actually consider it.
>>
File: Baby.jpg (3KB, 137x90px) Image search: [Google]
Baby.jpg
3KB, 137x90px
>>1406228
>See, smug anime posting is great because it draws out the thin-skinned normiefags that don't belong on this site

>hurr durr I was pretending to be retarded. U mad???? U mad, LOL XDDDDDDD.
>>
>>1406214
>hundreds of pictures of the exact same anime character
You can exaggerate only so far, anon.
>>
>>1406148
>not liking the magical girl genre makes me edgy
I gave it a shot, it's just not really my thing. Thanks for derailing the helpful recommendations I was starting to get though.
>>
>>1406241
Its a trend I've seen before. At least this loser has the decency to keep it to different characters.

Even if he's going full REDDIT by buying into the Wendy's girl meme for his reaction folder
>>
File: supergrass.jpg (147KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
supergrass.jpg
147KB, 1200x700px
>>1406233
But I'm not acting retarded, chief. That'd be you. Or at least, I HOPE you're acting.

All I'm doing is posting mockingly cute girls while I laugh at your flailing, shrieking normiedom.
>>
>>1406250
Is that actually a meme on Reddit? Most comments I've seen there for any popular threads are almost pure text.
>>
File: Double Faggot.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Double Faggot.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>1406319

And you're practically the poster boy for exactly why no one wants to read a magical girl quest.
>>
File: Shinobu-nise.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu-nise.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>>1406249
Just because it's not your flavor doesn't mean it's not good or that it lacks worldbuilding quality. Think before you whine next time and this would have never had to happen.
>>1406343
Clearly people do, as Moloch has a sizeable audience. As has every other MG quest ever. Shouldn't you go back to your dying general dumping ground of a board and bitch about weaboo That Guys and wank off to bearded manlets some more?
>>
>>1406073
>>1406073
I can't say much here because I haven't gone to quests primarily for worldbuilding. If I were to attempt to think of any examples exceptional worldbuilding, the only ones that I personally think could fit that definition are ones that are original content at a minimum.

>>1398921
Out of the upstart original content quests, I'd say hands down the best example would be Scribe's A Wretched Sea Trawler Quest.

Beyond that, I haven't read many quests to completion so for me to provide any more suggestions, I'd have to base them on premises if that interests you.
>>
>>1406343
Really digging out those high tier memes, aren't you, buddy? You're looking pretty damn normie, you know that?
>>
>>1406361
>>1406249
Messed up the linking on that one.

What types of quests or genres interest you, then?
>>
File: Come On Now.jpg (7KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
Come On Now.jpg
7KB, 284x177px
>>1406358
>Shouldn't you go back to your dying general dumping ground of a board and bitch about weaboo That Guys and wank off to bearded manlets some more?

Alright, I know you're pretty fucking stupid because you post smug anime girls.

But let me get this through your thick head.

Your cancerous posting style has nothing to do with whatever shitty /tg/ cancer you're trying to strawman me into supporting.

>>1406362
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>1406371
What, is there something wrong with a lurker chiming in to point our your retardation?
>>
>>1406367
I guess I'd say low fantasy if I had to pin down a somewhat specific genre. But a few of my favorites are the quests made by the QMs I mentioned earlier.
>>
File: Sasha.jpg (175KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
Sasha.jpg
175KB, 1440x810px
>>1406391
He actually took the bait.
>>
File: Netoge c11-018.jpg (277KB, 1284x870px) Image search: [Google]
Netoge c11-018.jpg
277KB, 1284x870px
>>1406413
>>
File: 1482125455560.png (558KB, 871x490px) Image search: [Google]
1482125455560.png
558KB, 871x490px
>>1406413
>Just pretending to be retarded
>>
File: tegaki.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
9KB, 400x400px
>>1406424
*it was a hologram*
>>
File: No way.png (404KB, 1014x684px) Image search: [Google]
No way.png
404KB, 1014x684px
>>1406440
>>
>>1406433
>1 post by this ID
>>
File: 1487836587595.png (3MB, 1690x1577px) Image search: [Google]
1487836587595.png
3MB, 1690x1577px
>>1406457
One pussy ruined by this dick.
>>
File: Ara ara.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ara ara.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>1406464
>>
File: 1485297762241.png (102KB, 386x544px) Image search: [Google]
1485297762241.png
102KB, 386x544px
>>1406371
>I know you're pretty fucking stupid because you post smug anime girls.
Oh man, he tried to turn my own insult back on me! What a clever, unheard of subversion!

Maybe you should spend some more time on /tg/ and Facebook grabbing those fresh, hot memes from 8 years ago you're posting before you try an actual board on for size, even if /qst/ barely even passes for one of those.
>>
File: Quiet.jpg (5KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
Quiet.jpg
5KB, 299x168px
>>1406490
>Oh man, he tried to turn my own insult back on me! What a clever, unheard of subversion!

What did he mean by this?

I literally just called you an idiot for doing the exact same thing all these other shitheads are doing right now in the thread. Posting smug anime girls and being retarded.

There is no subversion here. There is no psuedo-advanced insult playbook I'm relying on right now.

You're pretending like you think I think the simple tactic of calling you an idiot for being an idiot is some master ploy.

>my own insult

I didn't realize you own the insult of calling someone a fucking idiot you fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1481646994937.png (194KB, 448x468px) Image search: [Google]
1481646994937.png
194KB, 448x468px
>>1406509
>he's so dumb he doesn't even comprehend the simple thing I mocked him for
>>
>>1406361
>>1406403
Oh, good. Thanks for the references.
So for now I'll just list some quests that I can either think of off the top of my head, or that are off the catalog because this isn't one of those topics I've put much thought into.
I'm not too familiar with the listed QM's quest histories to make close equivalents, besides Ouro, so I'll go for something more general.

Low fantasy. Are quests that involve harems or waifus your thing? A number of quests seem to have that.

Worlbuilding:
Storm Paladin Quest is a rather high fantasy, OC with some fanfiction references, waifu or harem quest, but the QM does a rather unique thing of making lore posts to bump his quest. A lot of threads within the quest’s lifespan.
Bladebound Retainer Quest is an OC one that is something I'd say is mid-fantasy or so and had a lot of worldbuilding, no waifuing there. Not many threads of it though, to my memory.
Panzer Commander Quest isn’t one I’ve read much of, but from the threads I’ve read it seems like the QM spends a decent amount of posts worldbuilding for the low-fantasy, historical fiction setting. Threads go at a glacial pace.

Premises:
Lost Freight Quest is a fresh, upstart original content one that has an interesting space horror-like premise. It’s new so there isn’t a lot of world building.
I’m up. Quest was a new modern horror OC. Sparse amount of threads and the QM recently got too busy to continue it to my memory.
>>
File: words of the lord.jpg (13KB, 159x318px) Image search: [Google]
words of the lord.jpg
13KB, 159x318px
>>1406528

>I can't communicate properly and my message is not only stupid but a garbled mess of over inflated ego and logical fallacies but its the OTHER GUY who is stupid
>>
>>1406539
Hell yeah, I played Lost Freight quest and I'm way into it. Hopefully the QM actually comes back on Friday to continue. Thanks for the recs. I don't usually play anime-ish quests, especially not harem but I'll give em a chance.
>>
File: GG_05.28.rar-GG_05.28_14.png (708KB, 995x1355px) Image search: [Google]
GG_05.28.rar-GG_05.28_14.png
708KB, 995x1355px
>>1406554
pic related is you right now
It's time to stop posting fampai
>>
I gotta know. What's the deal with this Star Vs Quest? Its been literally getting upwards of a thousand posts per thread and is already on yhread 5.
>>
>>1406576
From what I understand it started out as a thinly viewed thread on /co/ and draw people in from there. Honestly its worked out super well for the qm and other anons should take advantage of it to get more anons to find out about the board and get more players for everyone.
>>
>>1406576
I took a quick peek at it and from what I could tell the other day it was getting hundreds of posts just from circlejerking players and the QM just made the thread for that purpose instead of actually running the quest
>>
>>1406565
Good to hear. To be fair the Storm Paladin Quest was a tentative recommendation were it not for the lore bump posts. Personally I don't think waifu or harem quests focus much on or are good for world building.

>>1406576
I was going to write a response to a previous request about it, but it's a few things. Mostly the QM getting lucky in making good decisions and making atypical ones to get more questers, quester gathering decisions that is.

>>1406594
One of the major things, yeah.
>>
>>1406576
I just checked out the current thread and I don't understand how so many people play that quest when it's written entirely in greentext. I'm glad we're getting some more players on the board I guess. He must be doing something right.
>>
>>1406073
>give recommendations
Read my PoA translation :^)
I'm actually dead serious. If you're looking for good worldbuilding, you'll find it there.
>>
>>1407654
What quest PoA stand for in this case?
>>
>>1407659
Paladin of Avalon.
>>
>>1406073
The Raiders has worldbuilding intensely in the first six threads.

Totally yurishit. Because the witer doesn't write men well.
>>
>>1407849
so trash quest not worth reading?
>>
>>1407876
>quests
>worth reading

Honestly basically every quest is a matter of "if that's your thing" even if your thing is gay sex with hats on.
>>
Is there anything even worth reading at this point?
>>
>>1408395
Why ask a question when you already know what answer everyone is going to give you?
>>
This is the land of the dead.
>>
>>1408441
>This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here. What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us.
>>
Is this is still the place to share bad ideas for quests and see if anyone is interested in playing them?
>>
>>1408489
yes
>>
>>1408489
>>1408513
The one and only.
>>
I have a quest idea. It involves some vague, inoffensive and yet interesting setting that I'll get tired of after a single thread and drop without warning, leaving all of my players bitter and shaking their head because they were yet betrayed again by new qms
>>
>>1408551
Sounds great.

Run it immediately!
>>
>>1408551
>>1408556
But wait! Before you flake out on your questers, make sure to time it at just the right moment so that you leave when it either starts to get interesting or show promise.
>>
>>1408566
I get it. I keep making the mistake where I drop it when the players get disinterested and my spirit drops with my writing quality, creating a vicious feedback loop that I try to end by flaking before the lowering ips and votes cuts too deeply to heal.
>>
File: HQ.jpg (75KB, 439x375px) Image search: [Google]
HQ.jpg
75KB, 439x375px
Coming tomorrow, work schedule providing, as a brief mechanics test for Trawler Quest.

And thanks for the mentions of TQ in here, guys. It doesn't seem like TQ is too popular, but when it does get mentioned the opinions seem to be largely positive, which is victory enough on /qtg/. New thread of TQ on Saturday or Sunday, since the literal pain in my ass has mostly faded.
>>
>>1408683
>It doesn't seem like TQ is too popular
scribe, that you get 5+ responses that are bigger than this post means that you are already amazing.

Stop comparing yourself to 1000 reply threads that are mostly waifuposting and bandwagoning, the start of Trawler Quest is already near the top in terms of write-in heavy questing, competing with DASQ and HQQ.
>>
>>1408683
>It doesn't seem TQ is too popular
Holy shit this guy has no idea how good he has it
>>
>>1409010
>>1409049
Shit, meant that in the terms of /qtg/, sounded like a greedy prick.
>>
>>1409144
Nice backpedaling you entitled cunt
>>
Hi /qst/.
How goes the board activity? I've basically stopped reading everything except one or two quests I follow. In fact, I'm starting to stop visiting /qst/ and /tg/ altogether unless I can immediately find a thread I like.
Anyone else?
>>
>>1409717
I only follow three quests here. So pretty much the same. Worldbuilding and art threads on the other board are all that attract me there.
Mainly wondering why I threw away an active quest when I could have just hiatus'd it. Thinking about running something, I'unno. QMing is fun, but life has ways of making it not, so I dunno.
>>
>>1409760
>only three
>only
It's disappointing how niche each quest actually is. No wonder this board is dead.
>>
>>1409144
....you get shilled on qtg as well. I don't mean you linking the thread, I mean people recommending TQ to other anons.
>>
>Digimon quest in SB
> Waifu can get pregnant
>"Feel free to. From my data reading, your womb has changed significantly. I do not believe you will have less than two children at a time now. Maybe...more."
>"It would appear I was right about your body being quite capable of multiples. You are about to be a mother of twelve rather than four."

Who knew good things could come from SB?
>>
>>1385695
I've considered doing it, but I'm going to nut up and run my quest here when I've finished setting everything up.
>>
>>1410215
I need more pregnancies in quests.

Which quests can I read for impregnation?
>>
>>1410215
>mother of twelve
>good
do you not know how awful child raising is? What kind of asshole wants to saddle a mother with 12 babies at the same time?
>>
>>1410356
>What kind of asshole wants to saddle a mother with 12 babies at the same time?
A follower of the Cult of Aku.
>>
>>1410356

We're digimon. We're literally raising our own army to take over the digital world.
>>
>>1410356
Someone who's going to abandon their wife
>>
Last time i was in /qst/ there was a byzantine quest.. what happened to it?
>>
>>1410356
Silly anon, just abandon them and let God sort 'em out!
>>
>>1410377
It's dead, like everything you love.
>>
Yo guys, I ran a quest a few months ago on here called Jedi Knight Quest. I put it on hold to focus on school more but it'll be starting back up again in a little more than a month.

Here's a pastebin I typed up a while ago if anyone's interested
https://pastebin.com/TvVmcf59

And here's the archive if anyone wants to get caught up. http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Jedi+Knight+Quest

Also, I've been gone for too long. What quests are going strong still? Any new quests you guys think are interesting?
>>
>>1410986
>What quests are going strong still?
Every quest I loved is now 6 feet under.
>Any new quests you guys think are interesting?
Arthur Fan Fiction quest looks like a masterpiece already.
>>
>>1411133
>>1411133
>>1411133

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now live.
>>
https://pastebin.com/N4REXLru

Here's an attempt at an interesting intro for VenomBuster
>>
Here is a simple question for everyone here.

>Who is the scariest villain in the modern setting.

Is it the rich corporations shadow master, who can change landscape's by paying the right people? Or is it the criminal mastermind crime boss who has no morals to restrain him in his pursuit for power. Maybe it's the mad politician who only has to Garner the public's support, and this one being particular at it, to begin his rise to power and murder all who oppose him with the nap of his finger to his deathsquad. Is it the Everyman, an average Joe who makes the most terrifying of enemies, a man so unsuspecting but every day when not working engages in task to ready himself to become the greatest threat another man can face on the planet.

So many possibilities, they are literally endless, from the man In the woods to the woman on the lap of the wealthiest in the country, who would you be the most scared of, who do you think would be the worst to fall under the radar of?
>>
>>1411977
>>Who is the scariest villain in the modern setting.
How realistic do these villains have to be? Are these like villains from real life or any measure of fantasy or fiction?
>>
>>1411984
If your not sure, answer in tiers, I don't want to put limits the idea of what makes someone in the modern world scary. Be it if the world is as normal as we have it or so insane we have people flying around in spikey armor and spandex.
>>
So,what would you fellas think about a present day horror quest?

I got the idea to make one a day or so ago and thought I'd ask to see if there was any interest.
>>
>>1412259
I've never seen one succeed, or be horrifying.
If I saw it in the catalogue advertised as a horror quest I'd avoid it.
Because I've never seen one succeed, or be horrifying.
>>
>>1412296
Oh but you have to believe in yourself, it CAN be horrifying.

Horrifyingly bad.
>>
>>1412296
>>1412299
Fugg :--D

Guess i'll do something unoriginal and do a "/QST/ plays KoDP' or something like that
>>
>>1412371
Eh, there's plenty of successful OC quests that incorporate horror elements and fear related themes. It's just not the focus, bits and pieces, or maybe the setting is horrifying but it's not spelled out because the people in it are deadened to the fact.

Horror is an extreme hit or miss thing, and it's one of those genres that doesn't really lend itself to quests, quests themselves being their own extreme hit or miss things. Put all that together and it's not a great outlook.

You can still just run whatever you were going to run without any horror related expectations or advertisements. Then it's still a question of the staying power of your characters/narrative game and whatever it's actually about.
>>
>>1412259
A Matter of Taste
The End of the Aftermath
>>
>>1386262
Good concise writing that is to the point. As to whether the quest is good or not, I never read it.
>>
File: op2.jpg (126KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
op2.jpg
126KB, 500x500px
Bastard's Boars is live! It's a skirmish quest where we're playing a band of mercenaries.

>>1413103
>>1413103
>>
>>1408836
>>1413259

Mother (Earthbound) Quest is Live. Continuation of thread 1. Maybe we can defeat the Mr. Batty at this point.
>>
File: Title No. 7.jpg (249KB, 1023x639px) Image search: [Google]
Title No. 7.jpg
249KB, 1023x639px
Trawler Quest is running, after yet another long pause!

>>1413759
>>
/qtg/ seems dead tonight but I've gotta get answers. I've been fleshing out a Pokemon quest in the same vein as the handful of Medieval Pokemon quests we've already seen. I'm planning on going down a more fantastical route and traying to do things that the others didn't such as putting more personal power in the player characters and trying to basically translate Pokemon into a fantasy setting. Not the most original thing in the world I know but that's what I'm interested in writing. My main questions are, what is the interest level for this? And, I need opinions on a concept I'm unsure of. Going with this theme, I decided Pokeballs or an equivalent to them wouldn't exist. To balance this, I made up what I just call 'bonding', simply put, I'ts when a Mon and a human connect on a deep level and they become partners. This bond is much more powerful than anything in canon, with the human and monster pair being able to practically read each other minds. Mons can also reach levels of power different from canon and can achieve other abnormal things. Humans are also able to obtain much higher levels of personal power, similar to what you might expect of any other high fantasy setting. The rub, is that you get one Mon. One. Not necessarily for life, but definitely one at a time. I realize this premise of course only appeals to Pokemon fans but it seems we've got plenty on the board. Look at Pokemon Island Adventure Quest. So, would this be a deal breaker? Do you dislike it enough to complain? I'm fairly certain to finishing up my notes for this Quest and can start relatively soon if I get some interest.
>>
>>1414983
I don't hate it enough to complain
At the same time, I don't like it enough to praise
Maybe that's just me being burnt out with /qst/ing
>>
>>1414983
Why does it have to be pokemon? Use it as inspiration and make up your own abilities and monster partners. I'd play it.
>>
>>1414983
Look into ni no kuni
>>
>>1415059
I agree with this guy. If it's going to be that different to pokemon, why not make it something else?

You could easily adapt a lot of fantasy creatures to be like pokemon and invent new ones as well. What I'm saying is making it original gives it a more lasting appeal.
>>
>>1386372
Arch is turning it into a dating sim/vn. Even has a demo Imodium the first few days up on his blog. Also an April Fools demo of Stupid Loli adventures starring Carina.
>>
>>1415040
>>1415059
>>1415813
>>1415882
So it seems what I'm getting here is that this would, ultimately, be more interesting and engaging if it were an original concept. Understood. Thanks for answering and giving suggestions.
>>
>>1386848
>>1386855
I suspect I am simply the fanatic minority.
>>
>>1386848
Hype
>>
Do you prefer episodic plots with small hints to the main conflict which lead to the endgame, or have one long conflict spanning the entire quest with a few 'breather plots' sprinkled throughout?
>>
>>1416922
I prefer freedom tempered by character goals with a thousand side quests comprising a journey.
>>
>>1416922
I prefer most things to be dictated by player goals but I know that can be hard considering sometimes players just don't know what the fuck top do with their freedom. I certainly don't mind it though if there is a very large goal from the beginning that will take a long time to achieve.
>>
File: Black Company Quest Cover.jpg (215KB, 642x924px) Image search: [Google]
Black Company Quest Cover.jpg
215KB, 642x924px
QTG seems deader than usual, but I'll post here anyway just in case.

>>1417623
>>1417623
>>
File: 19.1.png (3MB, 1438x1600px) Image search: [Google]
19.1.png
3MB, 1438x1600px
https://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/29-the-age-of-a-new-moon/4mHiSfnEtCb8zAujx …
Wonderful, Sirin

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z22tfnc3z07oqwz/19.1.mp3?dl=0
>>
>>1418429
Come to Answerer's Hall and recall Damborill.
Thread posts: 457
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.