[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Death Knight's Tale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Death Knight Pic 1.jpg (298KB, 1024x1463px) Image search: [Google]
Death Knight Pic 1.jpg
298KB, 1024x1463px
You wake up, unfeeling, uncaring, in pure blackness. You consciousness floats adrift within a black void, trying to remember just who, or what you are, or were. There is nothing but your thoughts, as you try and piece together this being that you are. (Hey guys, I just wanted to start a 4chan quest and actually see it go somewhere, so let's see how far we can take this. I'm going to wait for at least four or five people to show up before we get started, and responses will be chosen randomly from those that are given. I'm hoping to have a lot of fun with this one.)
>>
Feel free to comment and tell me how I'm doing. I could use some tips, since this is only my second or third time trying something like this. And please send a comment to tell me that you are here.
>>
>>1383744
>SINGLE FUCKING SENTENCE quest OP boiling down to "you wake up: wat do?"
>four or five people to show up before we get started
>responses will be chosen randomly from those that are given
>Telling us how inexperienced you are/you might be flaky

Are you actually trying to win at /qst/-fuckup-bingo?
There's zero effort showing from you, op! Why the fuck should anyone take the gamble with you?
>>
Sorry bro. I'll definitely take your tips into account next time around. I know I'm gonna mess up a lot my first few times around, but better to try and mess up than not to try at all, you know?
>>
Alright, next time I'll be sure to think of a more creative starting scenario, start before meeting a set requirement, find a different method of choosing responses, probably through dice rolls, and not telling anyone about my inexperience. Got it.
>>
I feel like you're giving up way too fast.

You can still make something out of this, you just gotta add a few more details and a few more choices.
Also, don't just pick responses at random. Have you seen how other quests run? What they usually do is give a set of options, and whichever options get the most support is the one chosen. Players can also write in their own options, which you should choose if it gets enough support.

I tried to start my own quest a few days ago which went pretty bad partly because I also waited for more people, and what one QM told me to do is start even if there's only one person, and keep going and others will come around and join in eventually.
>>
>>1383744
you also forgot any sort of formatting.

Like, have you even SEEN other quests?
>>
>>1383811
You don't have to take that crap from what's probably a 12 year old. (>>1383799)

Just leave out the inexperience part and asking for advice from your first post next time so you don't attract trolls.

Ask for advice after you've played the quest for a little bit, then you'll know your players are way more likely to respond like human beings instead of angry children randomly entering your board.

Also yah, without having a player base or pre-announcing your game somewhere, you won't likely get 5 players out of the blue. I mean, you could, but it's not likely.

You'll probably get 1-3 players to start, but that's cool!

I've seen quests start way worse than yours and still keep going. I've been GMing games tabletop for over 20 years, so don't listen to the trolls, they have no idea what they're talking about.

Just start a game and try it. It's hard to start a game cold in QST, I think the secret to it is to make options right away and keep things moving fast for the first bit of the game (Post/reply very often) even if it means your writing quality will suffer a little bit.

After you have been playing with 1-3 players for a few posts and have some people invested in the game you can slow down your posting.

I'm just guessing here, so take my tips with a grain of salt, because I'm not super experienced here on QST - I've only started about 3 or 4 threads myself, but that seems to me to be something that often works.

Remember there is a heavy random element here. Different timezones, some players will cycle through your game instead of being continuous, sometimes no one is on or looking for a new game. Etc.

Most QMs here have a twitter where they announce their games to their regular players that's often the case if you see 4 or more players in a game. Hope I've been helpful!
>>
Thanks for your helpful advice. I've taken all of this into account and started a new quest thread based off of the four horsemen that has done much better than this one has. I still have a long way to go, but I think I'm getting the hang of this.
>>
>>1387669
Cool, I just checked it out. Great job!
>>
>>1383744
Kinda tempted to take over the thread because I like the ideas of Death Knights to be honest with you famlam
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.