[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Write a novel instead...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

I have been drawing a manga for a while, and I had become a pretty much decent mangaka. The problem is that I can't compete with other mangaka's drawings. Plus, I have a really limited schedule now. I came here to ask if you think it's a good idea writing a book with several drawings instead of drawing a manga.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>138206
Take off hat
>>
File: Sin título.png (128KB, 487x844px) Image search: [Google]
Sin título.png
128KB, 487x844px
Here.
>>
>>138247
Drink a coffee
Get ready for the day
Stop with this "dreaming" bullshit
>>
>>138206
Like a light novel? I mean, I guess you could try and get published with that idea. Not sure what the viability of a light novel is in western markets though

Also, don't listen to that other anon. Dream on.
>>
>>138253
I don't see any problem about wanting to become Leader of Illuminati.
>>
>>138265
I'm talking about the story dude, not the OP
It would make a nice theme about the story
"HE WILL CONQUER THE WORLD.... by being a minimum-wage barista"
>>
>>138265
I mean like a western novel.
>>
>>138247
Make sure you make your bed and shower before getting dressed too. Todays the day we were gonna work up the courage to ask her out. no amount of dreaming wi help us prepare
>>
>>138276
He is not a dreamer. In fact, he is too realist.
>>
>>138267
Kek, that could be one of the ways he (hilariously) fails to take control of humanity
>>
>>138286
.... at least in the first chapters....
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>138291
Get on the bus to school. Rolling to encounter our best friend or bully.
>>
>>138297
Which one is it anon?
You didn't specify
>>
"Friends? One can't feel symphathy towards anybody without a selfish reason. I don't need someone that will betray me in the future"
>>
>>138309
>saying protag while holding back some tears
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>138309
Suplex bully if thats the case since we obviously didnt encounter friend.
>>
>>138318
That's exactly what happened.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>138309
Nah, if we're fighting a bully, dick kick, throat punch combo is the best for this situation
>>
He seems mad.
>>
ok, which is your answer? should I write it as a novel?
>>
>>138499
No, keep drawing
>>
>>138499
Nah, continue it as a manga, like you first were, drawfags are really praised here.
Plus, it's good experience.
>>
>>138529
>>138532
The problem is that I have almost no time. I can't even watch anime, read manga or play videogames, and even tho I make just like 3 pages a week. And well... the story is large as fuck...
>>
>>138588
We have time if you don't have
>>
>>138588
Every writers problem: money and time. You need to find a stable environment to support your passions even if it means smaller income. You'll have to humble yourself a bit before success strikes
>>
>>138592
You won't watch anime for me >:v
>>
>>138605
I can whisper the summary into your ear while you slave away and draw for us OP
;^)
>>
>>138607
..... seriosly, what the fuck?
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>138607
this, also flaming dropkick the bus driver.
>>
>>138616
*seriously* :v
>>
>>138621
want to hold hands?
>>
>>138627
you can use my nat 20 if you can make a three things happen. As long as we never wear that hat again i wont complain.
>>
Let's just get back to the story at hand
And let's also give a backstory to the character
His name is Reginald Fil. (Feels) Almondo
Also known as Reggie Fil. A
He's an aspiring high-school student working part-time as a barista in his local cafe
He currently has no friends and is socially inept
His dream is to rule the world with an iron fist
AND GO!
>>
I would write the novel a little like this: https://tapastic.com/episode/336261
>>
>>138666
Obviously we have to work towards changing things about ourselves to obtain this goal, especially from a sicial stand point. Without the aid of doofy hats or glowy eyes. With English as OP's native language from henceforth till eternity.
>>
>>138676
You see? We'll get a lot of drawings and a lot of writing. And I'll get a little time to recreate myself watching anime.
>>
>>138676
You don't have to make a panel every time, only when introducing important characters and wanting to show off something important/cool
>>138678
That will be the biggest of his challenges to attain domination
Since in his school, he's known as Redge Edge, because of his edgy remarks about a worldly dictatorship ruled by him
>>
>>138666
>>138678
>>138688
I'm not doing that, but pretty funny story. Someone here should write it :v
>>
>>138701
You gotta give us a story OP
This is /qst/ quests happen here
And even though I'm glad to help, this is technically not the appropriate board for such things
>>
>>138712
Ok, ok. Here it comes.
>>
>>138701
YEAH SO HOW MUCH PROGRESS HAVE WE MADE OP, WHATS OUR NEXT OBJECTIVE, HOW MUCH RAILROADING WILL YOU RAILROAD, ALSO WHATS IN THE ROOM WE'RE IN AND IN OUR INVENTORY
>>
Bóreas Jackson was an american kid who got into a japanese highschool. As he isn't asian gifted, then he feels like shit. In there he slowly discovers the truth about the world, revealing the Eye, the world dominating society that is economically omnipotent. Cont.
>>
>>138736
Bóreas meets an optimistic girl to whom he slowly grows a friendly relationship after she was raped. Bóreas discovers an ancient energy that he could use as a tool to become the Ruler of Humanity and overthrow the Eye. Bóreas' journey is basically a trip through the dark side of society.
>>
>>138763
Is Boreas the guy on the first pic?
>>
>>138768
Yes, he is.
>>
>>138778
Can we get a name and a panel for the girl
Also our current situation
Don't worry about time, we can wait
>>
File: 003.jpg (679KB, 2172x1700px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
679KB, 2172x1700px
Here is the first chapter cover. Her name is Sanju. (As you see, my main language is Spanish, but the title is in English :v )
>>
>>138807
Give us a room
And the characters right now
Then we say what happens, and you pick the post that is best suited for you, and you work with the story
People usually make stuff like
7 chooses or highest roll in the first 5 posts chooses etc etc
>>
>>138825
Ok. Room: Rooftop
Characters: Bóreas, a.k.a. Crowed Eyes
Sanju
Saito, a.k.a. Fuckboy Chad (Bóreas hates him. He raped Sanju. Talented in everything.)
Mashiro, a.k.a. No Bad Intentions, But Still Pervert Guy
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>138846
Roll to kick Saito's ass
>>
>>138676
Dude. Draw it man. You draw real good.
>but muh bad drawing complexes and muh better mangakas out there.
STFU with that shit. I know you can do it. Your story is original, so original in fact that is hardly impossible anyone will copy it from you. My question to you is: Which is more important for you, your dream or watching other people'swork?
>>
>>138918
P.D I know this guy IRL
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.