[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Last Grease Monkey: Part 9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 16

File: image.jpg (94KB, 633x623px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 633x623px
18 miles East of Yuma, AZ
198X
5 years after the End

Last thread:
>>1370518

You are 28 year old Zoe Devereaux. You like Mopar muscle cars and hate creepy shit. Last time on The Last Grease Monkey, you:
>Finally got off that fucking hill
>Retrieved the Blazer with Jim
>Had to go back to save Hawkins from a shitload of coyotes and some bears controlled by the Wendigo
>Killed a shitload of coyotes and bears
>Wounded the Wendigo
And now you're on your way back to that same shitty hill to save Hank, Chief, and Garcia.
-----

You hop in the driver's seat of the Blazer and fire up its bored and stroked big block. The big off-road bumper seems to have done its job and kept any dead bear parts out of the radiator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EuwjahnYqo

"Can't even drive my own fuckin truck," Hawkins grumbles as he straps himself in the passenger seat.

"Tough shit," you spit, "I ain't having you pass out and flip this motherfucker."

You're pleasantly surprised at how easily the bear carcass peels off the front end. You have to back up in 4wd and slam on the brakes a couple times to do it, but at least it comes off in one piece. The bumper is a bit askew and the whole front end is dinged up and caked with animal viscera. Still, this is one tough truck...for a Chevy. Seeing that you've extricated the truck, Jim blips the throttle his dual-quad Nailhead and pulls out of the gravel onto the highway. Once his rear tires are on pavement, he guns it. You're close behind, catching a bit of air from the bump as you hop up onto the road. Jim's keeping a reasonable pace of 45 or so, so you catch up quick. To be honest, you're a little grateful. You know the truck is faster than it should be, but the handling of this lifted beast is sketchy even for someone used to driving a 30-ish year old heavily modified tow truck.

"Damn man, this is the only Blazer I been in that didn't feel like the axles were gonna snap every time it hit a bump!"

Hawkins chuckles. "Yeah, the old ones did snap. So we put a 14 bolt in the back, Dana 60 in the front, 4.88 gears with lockers..."

"Shoulda gone with a Ramcharger. Maybe one of them Traildusters. Might not have had to rebuild the whole damn truck to make it decent."

"Ramcharger?" Hawkins guffaws. "Them things look retarded with the top off! Like some inbred dipshit cut the roof off his truck but left the door frames on accident!"

Just before you smack Hawkins for his foolishness, Jim flashes his turn signals left and right and begins to slow down. The spike strip is ahead. Doesn't seem to be anyone here, but there's ditches to the left and right. You can hear the gunshots from around the next hill. Jim pulls to the side of the road and hops out, burp gun at the ready.

A) Keep one hand on the wheel, equip Ruger Blackhawk
B) Keep one hand on the wheel, equip Grease Gun
C) Sit up, aim your BAR over the windshield
>>
>>1380442
Forgot to add that you stopped the Blazer about 50 feet behind Jim.
>>
>>1380442
>B) Keep one hand on the wheel, equip Grease Gun
Sun's out guns out
>>
>>1380450
seconding
>>1380444
nice trips
>>
File: 4556396206_db41938105_b.jpg (601KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
4556396206_db41938105_b.jpg
601KB, 1024x683px
>>1380442
B) Keep one hand on the wheel, equip Grease Gun

Here's a Ramcharger for reference
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 760x570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 760x570px
You can hear the noise of battle just around the bend. Jim approaches the spike strip cautiously, but upon getting within 20 feet he recoils and takes a hasty few paces back, aiming his PPSH at the spike strip.

"This ain't right," he yells.

You don't know what he means, from here there's not much to distinguish this from most of the other homemade spike strips you've seen. Although the rope looks kinda pinkish. And the nails are kinda white. Oh shit, did that thing just...twitch?

Jim rattles off a quick burst at the strip, cutting it in half. Blood explodes out of it. You hear a scream from the ditch to the left, and what you now sickeningly realize is some kind of tongue flails around in agony, bony spike-teeth skittering on the pavement as it retracts into the ditch.

"Come back here you little shit!" shouts Jim, and begins to run for the ditch, then stops in his tracks as an unmuffled big block Mopar comes screaming around the bend.

You know exactly what car it is before it even rounds the corner. It's that fucking Plymouth Fury you tangled with back at the ranch. The driver seemed like one tough motherfucker, and he might be kinda sore about you shooting out his windshield and killing his gunner earlier.

You target:

A) The Fury
B) Whatever the fuck is in that ditch
>>
Sorry if anyone thought I was kill again, long day at work yesterday. Also I set up a Discord.

https://discord.gg/qytxw
>>
>>1383328
>A) The Fury
Try to blow out his tires. Maybe he'll flip.
>>
>>1383328
A) The Fury
Just don't mangle it too bad. That Dodge truck from the gas station needs a new heart.
>>
>>1383328
A) The Fury
Sup NT
>>
>>1383328
>A) The Fury
Ditch monster can sit on its ass forever. The Fury is the real problem.
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 672x304px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 672x304px
>>1383331
>>1383350
>>1383392
>>1383451
1d100 time

This pic is a 73 but imagine a 68 set up like this
>>
File: 38716490001_original.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
38716490001_original.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
Rolled 97 (1d100)

>>1383635
Close enough
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>1383635
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>1383635
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>1383635
>>
>>1383649
>>1383650
>>1383854
>>1384095
Jim sprints across the road in pursuit of the horrible thing in the ditch, you stand up and aim your Grease Gun over the Blazer's windshield at the rapidly approaching Fury. Jim ought to be able to handle whatever's down there. You're getting that 440 for your Duster. Maybe Hank would buy your 360 to put in that '67 Dodge D200 of his. While you're making plans, the current owner of your 440 still has the hammer all the way down. Man that's a beautiful sound. The Fury's driver is not the usual scraggly-haired, scrawny, badly tattooed redneck speed freak road pirate but a muscular Indian with a Travis Bickle Mohawk. His gunner, a more typical example of the road pirate breed, levels one of those nifty Striker revolving shotguns at you through the hole where the windshield used to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FBe9l_A3vo

"Aim" is barely an applicable word when you're dealing with a Grease Gun, but you point it low, hope for the best and squeeze the bang switch. A stream of .45 slugs tears up the driver side, hopefully far enough to the left to miss the engine. Suddenly the Fury's front wheels are cut to the right. You must have hit some of the steering components. The Fury veers off the road and begins to tumble sideways in the dirt, tossing the unbelted gunner out the window then rolling right over him.

Down in the ditch a little further down the roadside, a man covered head to toe in spines lurches up on hideously elongated limbs to a height of 10 feet. His jaw hangs open to an impossible degree with sharp teeth and several feet of spiky rope-tongue loll out of his mouth. He reaches toward Jim with long spiny fingers. Then the tumbling Plymouth smashes the abomination into red paste before coming to rest in the ditch.

"Shee-iiiit," says Jim.

You hop out of the Blazer and run up to the wrecked Plymouth. The body panels are battered and twisted beyond recognition but the engine ought to be fine. The driver isn't moving, but he doesn't look quite dead enough until you put a five-round burst into his. But what's that thudding sound you hear now? Is there someone in the trunk?

A) Open the trunk
B) Call out to whoever's in there, maybe it's not a horrible monster
C) Dump a whole mag into that trunk, fuck everything
D) Just go help Hank. Whatever's in that trunk can stay there as long as you're concerned
>>
>>1386085
>A) Open the trunk
This is a bad idea, but lets do it anyway!
>>
>>1386085
A) Whoever's inside, the first thing he sees is a muzzle.
>>
>>1386085
>A) Open the trunk
>>
>>1386085
>B) Call out to whoever's in there, maybe it's not a horrible monster
>>
>>1386085
Gotta get this trunk open. But how? Even if you get the key, the latch is gonna be warped. You take a quick look around. A leaf spring that broke off the Fury after the 4th or 5th tumble and ended up embedded in the dirt about 30 feet away looks like it'll do the trick.

When you get back with the heavy-ass leaf spring across your shoulders, Jim and Hawkins are busy checking out the driver's corpse. They better not be trying to grab any trophies, you get first pick.

"I know this motherfucker," says Jim with a scowl. "It's either Billy Nez or his brother Johnny." He utters the names with an intonation normally reserved for phrases like "kiddy diddler" or "cancerous scrotal lesion".

Hawkins scratches his head with his good hand. "Them two injun crank barons outta Phoenix? Fuck's this one doin way out here?"

Jim shrugs. "We run into the other one you're welcome to ask him. Finally he notices what you're carrying. "The hell you doing with that thing?"

Jim follows you to the trunk and you make short work of prying it open. A blond 13-year-old girl in shorts and a T-shirt half climbs, half tumbles out. She's bruised and scraped but is in damn good shape for someone who's just been in a wreck this bad.

"Aaaahhhh!" The girl screams, jumps to her feet and starts swinging, weakly thumping your chest with her fists. You barely feel it.

Jim tries to grab her shoulders from behind. "Calm down missy! We ain't gonna-ARGH!" Jim doubles over from a hard kick to the stones. Hey, you kinda like this girl already.

You stay back as the girl hyperventilates, her eyes darting around, trying to take in her surroundings. Her breathing slows down and she finally begins to understand that you're not a threat. She looks back at Jim who's still writhing on the ground and gasps.

"I-I'm sorry!"

A) Ask the girl some questions
B) Leave that to the others, it's loot finding time
C) Fuck all this, get back in the cars and get to Hank and the others (take the girl)
D) C but don't take the girl
>>
>>1387413
Ask her things
>>
>>1387523
I know I'm a shit QM for not saying this earlier but you might wanna specify what to ask her.
>>
>>1387413
>>1387661
A) Well, who is she, for starters.
Where's she from, how did she get in this predicament. Also ask her, should we yank the whole front clip or just the 440?
>>
>>1387413
>A) Ask the girl some questions
>"Who the fuck are you and why were you in that trunk?"
>>
Jim Langtry's Highway Convoy, Roadside Assistance, Salvaging and Daycare
>>
>>1388030
>>1388051
"It's all right," says Jim as he staggers to his feet. "Shouldn'ta...tried to grab you."

"Sorry," the girl repeats, her voice quavering.

"Who are you," you ask, "Where'd you come from?"

"Del," she replies. "Short for Delilah. I'm from...a compound. Near Gila Bend."

"Well I'm Zoe and the dude you just did your best to neuter with is Jim. How'd you get in that trunk?"

Del stares at the ground as she relives some fresh and highly unpleasant memories. "Road pirates raided us this morning while Law was out hunting. We thought they'd just take our food and gas and stuff, but they didn't want that. They took me and...oh god, they took Lyn too!"

"Lyn?"

"Y-yeah. She's a little younger than me. Her grandpa tried to stop them, but...he's old. Only has one leg." She pauses. Sighs. "Had. They tied a rope around his ankle, then tied the other end to their car and..." Aw shit, now she's crying.

A) Time to go, bring Del with
B) Time to go, leave Del here
C) Ask her more questions
D) Try to comfort Del (write in)
>>
>>1388704
>A) Time to go, bring Del with
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1388030
No point pulling the front clip/K-member. The Duster's a "compact" A-body and the Fury's a full size C-body so the suspension isn't even close to interchangeable. Here's a crappy drive by pic of a 66 Fury I saw near my work today.
>>
File: screenshot0536.png (367KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot0536.png
367KB, 800x600px
D) Comfort Delilah
>>
>>1388750
Gotta write in how you'll comfort her.
>>
>>1388753
See the image :^)

I'll try to head pat her; hug her and tell her that everything will be alright.
>>
>>1388704
A, C, D) Ask her if there could be any other hostages. Anything else that was unusual, because road pirates are usually too chickenshit to kidnap random people and get every ranger in AZ on their ass, right?.

>>1388727
You can't be a Mopar person and not have ANOTHER project-slash-parts-car. ;^) Bet Zoe has at least 4 A-bodies lying around her place.

>>1388753
>>1388758
Just tell her your story in brief.
>>
File: 1968_Dodge_Monaco_(3736056218).jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
1968_Dodge_Monaco_(3736056218).jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
>>1388763
*C-bodies, I mean
>>
You resist an odd urge to pat Del's head (she has such nice poofy hair, it looks soft) and instead place one hand on her shoulder. She looks at you and her sobbing begins to subside.

"Look, I know it sucks, but you need to tell me what you remember. Anything that sticks out to you. Anything you remember will help us find your friend." Or what's left of her.

Del gulps and inhales deeply, then speaks. "What do you call that weird haircut the big black man on TV used to have? You know, where they shave almost everything but up top they leave a little-"

"Mohawk?" suggests Jim with a bit of a smile. Must have been an A-Team fan.

Del nods. "Yeah...Mohawks, the Mohawk twins. Johnny and Billy. They were ordering the road pirates around. Calling the shots. Johnny's the one who threw me in the trunk."

Jim points to the driver "That dude in the driver seat?"

Del walks around to the driver door for a quick peek and gasps. "He's dead! Did you-"

You nod. "Yup, with a little help from this here Grease Gun. Now what else do you remember?"

She sighs. "I don't even know how long we were in that trunk. When they opened it and let us out to, um, pee and stuff we were at this old abandoned farm that smelled like dead animals."

Ugh. You know the place. "Just you and Lyn? Did they have any other prisoners?"

"Me and Lyn," says Del.

You hate to ask this, but you have to. "They didn't...do anything to you?"

Del shakes her head profusely. "Billy and Johnny wouldn't let anyone near us. Kept calling us 'offerings'. Said to wait till...sundown."

She looks to the sky in the west. The sun is nearly touching the hilltops. She shudders.

"Then all of a sudden Johnny said he had to take care of something. He threw me back in the trunk and left Lyn with his brother and their...friends."

"Road pirates?" you ask.

"No," says Del, "They were, uh, Native American."

Well, looks like you've found the missing link between the skinwalkers and the road pirates. Anything else you need to ask this girl, you can ask on the road.

"We'll find your friend," you tell her, "And the sons of bitches who took her. And we won't stop killing till there ain't none of em left."

Del's eyes widen. "But there's so many! How will you get them all?"

You smile. "Little lady, if you'd seen half the shit we had to go through just to get here you wouldn't have any doubts. And we've got some friends too. Come to think of it, it's about time to go pick 'em up."

A) Take Del with you in the Blazer
B) Have her ride with Jim in the Riviera

Search Johnny Nez's body before leaving? Y/N
>>
>>1390230
>A) Take Del with you in the Blazer

>Search Johnny Nez's body before leaving? Y/N
Yeah sure.
>>
>>1390230
>Search Johnny Nez's body before leaving? Y/N
Fuck yeah. I want some trinkets from Chief Thunder.
>>
>>1390230
(Y), search the body.
>>
File: image.jpg (69KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 640x400px
>>1390253
>>1391061
>>1391193
Johnny's wearing a pretty nice leather jacket...with no shirt under it. Even if you hadn't put multiple .45 holes in it, no way would you want that. Man, he sure had a Phoenix crank baron's taste in weapons.

Weapons:
Trench Knife
Tomahawk
S&W Model 60 .38 Special
LAR Grizzly .45 Win Mag
Astra Terminator .44 Mag
Uzi 9mm
2 grenades

Misc:
750 pesos
Bag of mystery pills (20)
1 large joint
Zippo lighter
Rolex (broken)

Zoe's Current Inventory:
Colt 1911 .45 ACP
Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum
M3 Grease Gun .45 ACP
Browning Automatic Rifle .30-06
Switchblade
>>
>>1392422
Might as well add

Jim:
Colt 1911 .45 ACP (x2)
PPSH-41 .30 Mauser
Marlin 1895 .45-70
KA-BAR

Hawkins:
Browning Hi-Power 9mm
CAR-15 carbine .223
>>
>>1392422
>LAR Grizzly .45 Win Mag
Jaysus.
>>1392467
Jim gets the Handcannon, you get the Astra .44. Hawkins and the girl share the rest.

Okay, the End confirmed to be in late 1983.
>>
>>1392486
>Hawkins and the girl share the rest.
Including the joint and the bag of mystery pills?
That's definitely a theory.
>>
>>1392666
Sure, mystery drugs could be painkillers and pot is self-explanatory, Hawkins could use some pain relief.

>1983, November 3.
>Able Archer 83: Many Soviet officials misinterpret this NATO exercise as a nuclear first strike, causing the last nuclear scare of the Cold War.
>Chrysler introduces the Dodge Caravan, the first minivan.
TLGM's world was spared.
>>
File: image.jpg (473KB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
473KB, 1600x1201px
>>1392486
I can support this.

>Tfw the end was in 1983
>Tfw no Grand National
Feels bad man.
>>
File: buick_regal_sport_coupe_turbo.jpg (481KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
buick_regal_sport_coupe_turbo.jpg
481KB, 1024x768px
>>1393067
There are still 81-83 Sport Coupes, y'know.
>>
>>1393077
That's true. Still, just doesn't feel the same.
>>
>>1393078
>>1393077
>>1393067

No Tofu Delivery Cars
>>
File: untitled-3330.jpg~original.jpg (202KB, 1023x729px) Image search: [Google]
untitled-3330.jpg~original.jpg
202KB, 1023x729px
>>1397261
TE70s exist and are close enough, as well.
>>
>>1397289
>>
File: john.jpg (148KB, 460x700px) Image search: [Google]
john.jpg
148KB, 460x700px
>>1383330

Missed out on the window of opportunity. Perhaps another Discord brand emergency flare launched haphazardly into the rad streaked skies?
>>
>>1398256
Here you go my dude

https://discord.gg/ufCrE
>>
>>1392422
The Astra intrigues you, sure it was made by filthy foreigners but you've never seen a snub nose .44 Magnum before. Looks like a decent Smith & Wesson clone, you'll take your chances and replace your 1911 with it. You also grab the trench knife and a grenade, never know when that might come in handy. As for the Grizzly, you're not sure you trust an automatic in that large of a caliber. Jim takes the hand cannon, tomahawk and the other grenade, and identifies your pills as Oxy. The joint you pocket for later, normally weed ain't really your thing but it'll be nice to wind down once all the freaks are sent back to Hell.

Hawkins chews a couple Oxy's and grabs the Uzi, as it's a little easier to control one-handed than his CAR-15. Del says she sorta knows her way around a gun, you give her the .38 and tell her to keep her damn head down. Seeing as the Blazer has no top and she's already shivering a little and hugging herself, you also loan her your (way oversized for her) leather jacket, which leaves you in your dark gray thermal Henley shirt.

You, Del and Hawkins pile onto the Blazer's front bench with Del in the middle and follow Jim back to the ambush point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2-Wp7D7BVk

It only takes a minute or two to get there. Place is hard to miss, the pile of wrecked vehicles and road pirate corpses at the foot of the hill has grown exponentially since you left. A Baja Bug and a some little 4x4 Jap pickup with the roof cut off are currently trying to climb the hill, their passengers waving machetes and firing rifles and submachine guns. A rain of .308 hellfire from Garcia's M60 at the top of the hill tears the poor little Baja to shreds, while a single rifle shot from either Hank or Chief takes out the pickup's driver, causing it to stall and tumble sideways down the hill, tossing the occupants every which way.

Down on the road, the door of the disabled flatbed Ford opens and a tall road pirate with a long scraggly beard steps out, wielding the biggest pump-action shotgun you've ever seen. Christ, it looks like something a deformed bald midget with a speech impediment would hunt "wabbits" with. He pulls the trigger and the top of the hill your friends are on explodes. Oh fuck, that's not a shotgun. He racks the slide and gets one more shot off, blowing up another part of the hill before Jim slams on the Riviera's brakes and test-fires the Grizzly into his face, twice, turning most of his head into a fine red mist.

Jim then jumps out of the Riv, leaving the engine running and the door hanging open and sprints toward the hill.
"HANK!"
>>
>>1398403
End of thread. Part 10 coming soon.
>>
>>1398671
New thread
>>1403543
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.