[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Birth of a Civilization XII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: early-germans-3-728.jpg (307KB, 728x915px) Image search: [Google]
early-germans-3-728.jpg
307KB, 728x915px
The Chieftain decides to do nothing about the current situation, not wanting to disturb the fragile religious peace his father achieved so many seasons ago.
The seasons pass, and eventually a prophet emerges.
As the old generations die of age, the Prophet finds more and more support among our growing population.
Soon the Black Sun cult becomes the majority faith of our people.

In the meantime, the Chieftain together with eager explorers and some people who are deemed decent hagglers, have set up a trade mission to Prussia. After all, while neither side has ever made use of this, they did agree to trade with us under Frithuriks.
While it was more of a practical joke for the Prussians, the Chieftain takes this very seriously.

He sends them off, and after a mere season, they already return with a decent amount of goods.
The Chieftain, eager as always, wants more, but longer missions will require bigger and stronger boats to carry all the goods.
The Chieftain gets to work immediately, to improve his design.

After at least 6 seasons the Chieftain has designed considerably better boats, this time also incorporating some wood for greater structural integrity. These boats are no longer shaped like a square pot, and more like a weird, side-ways Fish.
These boats are long and shallow, perfect for river travel, but too shallow and too thinly crafted for any sort of bad weather.
The people he sent to trade previously, have gotten quite adept at their new job in the meantime. While still novices overall, these traders are our greatest resource next to the Chief himself.
The Traders themselves, are not aware of their importance, and are having a good time.
They use some animal blood to paint crude pictures of the Sun and Moon onto the hull.

Their wives, and the Chieftain wave the traders goodbye, as they sail off to their first, long-term trade mission.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're new and interested in playing, here's how it works:
Everyone decides what our People will do next.
All decisions are made by democratic majority vote.
If multiple decisions are made, only those that do not conflict each other will happen.
Rolling 100 overrides a majority decision.
Multiple cases of rolling 100 will happen in order they were rolled.
Everyone may only roll once per pending decision.
Major historical events, may still occur if the point of Origin remains outside our nation's control. (e.g If we don't own Macedonia by 200BC, Alexander the Great happens, no matter what)
Major Historical events may still occur, if our Nation hosts similar conditions as the Nations we currently occupy, as they would have at the appropriate time.
(e.g If we own Rome after 700BC and our King [you] does some more than questionable decisions, we will become a Republic)
Tripfagging is strongly encouraged!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
There was a decision last thread, but there won't be an update right now
>>
So far i think the consensus has been too talk with the prophet and probably accept the black sun cult as our offical religeon
Our goals for the time skip should probably be turn our village into a trade hub and try to spread our religion as peacfully as possible
>>
>>1380894
>There was a decision last thread, but there won't be an update right now

I know, I need a different decision for now
>>
>>1381081
Well, lets just chat up the teals and get a bit more friendly with the prussins
>>
Lucky for you guys
assuming we don't alter the course of history all that much
the prussians will be around til 1200 AD
>>
>>1381231
Honestly i kind of want to undermine the prussians until they fall into irirrelevan maybe conqur the land if we need it
>>
>Soon the Black Sun cult becomes the majority faith of our people.
Wait did we just become monotheists?
>>
We should get our chieftain to join and learn from the traders before a conflict begins between them.
This will also give us the advantage of having a merchant and inventor figure.
>>
>>1382226
Agree. Make trading general knowledge, that way we can prevent any caste difference in case the merchants suddenly decide they are better than the rest of the tribe
>>
>>1382226
>>1382385

Sounds good, this way our people will develop as a trading tribe.
>>
>>1382226
>>1383222
>>1382385
I'm still worried about the cult
We know nothing about it and for all we know the prophet could be trying to overthrow us
>>
>>1383316
that same action you're suggestion has already passed though.
implementing complex religious decisions is always a pain in the ass, so I'm gonna need greater context first before I can properly put it into motion.
>>
>>1383316
Wait fuck sorry, i had just woken up
>>
Anyways i agree with the other guys, start becoming a trade hub and get closer with the prussians and the teals
>>
>>1383320
Is the Black sun cult monotheist?
>>
>>1384918
yes but so are we.
Remember we host 2 separate monotheist religions.
the cult combines both.
>>
After almost 12 seasons, the mission has returned, bringing unimaginable riches with them.
Copper, Tin, some strange Metal unknown to us, several slaves, wool and leather.
The Chieftain is amazed by their success.
Soon he sends out another mission, this time to the Northern Teals, but he doesn't want to neglect the Prussians, as such goes on the mission himself, together with some of the more experienced traders.

To preserve order back at home, he appoints his brother Athalswaro as his substitute for the time being.

A few seasons later, the Chieftain and his mission return, not bearing all that many riches, but the Chieftain at least acquired the knowledge on what this unknown metal is.
The Prussians call it Gelza (Iron), a material, much easier to get than Copper, they sold it to a low price.
They barely have a use for it, and frankly so do we.

In the meantime, the Black Sun cult has gained even more followers. The Chieftain is not sure what to make of this, but it is time to familiarize himself with it.
The Chieftain finds the Prophet to ask him, what all of this is about.
It will take a while to truly understand what the Prophet preaches.
>>
Lets do a time skip, drop in on the cheofton finding iut what the cult of the black sun is all about, then continue the time skip
I think we should focus on developing our tribal settlement into a small trade hub city and develop metalurgy
>>
>>1387830
this
>>
Oh
Also spread religion through out the lands of our trade partners
I vote for trying to get the teals in on the trade union and making the prussians rely on us economically
>>
>>1387830
>>1391335
Agreed
>>
Anyone still around?
>>
>>1398891
always
>>
>>1398891
>>1402930
No, this is just a phantasm you're seeing.
>>
>>1386249
We got slaves? Has our tribe ever had slaves before, else the concept might seems very foreign to us. Are the slaves from a very different ethic than us or our trading partners?

I support timeskip and trade development but perhaps we can involve slavery into our religion somehow, perhaps by talking to our prophet about these newly aquired slaves and what their role is/shall be.
>>
>>1410206
we never had slaves but the concept is not foreign to us.
The slaves themselves are all balto-slavic
We are Germanic
>>
>>1410345
Would it be possible to start spreadibg our influnce via the prussians and get the germanics to gang up on the slavs?
>>
>>1411222
theoretically, yes
but in our situation that's not going to happen
the other germanics are still lurking about in scandinavia, we are the first ones that left, and way earlier than we are supposed to.

See, IRL a climate change hit Europe in the iron-age, which are currently are at the very beginning of.
Until then, they had no reason to leave their home and migrate. Around 850-650 BC Germanics first began settling outside of Scandinavia, settling in places like Germany and Poland.

As of right now, the Bronze-Age Collapse just happened, it is around 1170 BC and we are the only Germanic peoples outside of Scandinavia, everyone we have met up until now are unknown peoples, except for the Prussians who are Baltic.

If you're wondering what our neighbours are, the Teals are the Trzciniec Culture, and the rest are Unknowns again.
The Trzciniec Culture had a Sun Cult, which is why they're neutral-friendly toward us.
Regarding those Unknown- you might call them Filler- peoples, Historians just have no fucking clue about what was walking around in Central Europe prior to the Iron-Age, with a very few exceptions.

Oh yeah, and those Slavs from the east, they won't be arriving in Europe until 600-500 BC, because their migration west is triggered by the Germanic migrations south and east.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.