[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silverlin, City of Magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 17

File: Untitled-2.png (166KB, 1270x918px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
166KB, 1270x918px
Greetings my wizardly friends and welcome to massive quest in the wondrous city of magic, Silverlin.

What is this Quest?
This quest is to have as many different players going forth and experiencing the city in their own unique way. This means you all will not be playing the same character

What Is Silverlin?
Silverlin host many schools of magic and more then half of its residents can use magic in some form but not always to great extent. There are 8 districts each dedicated to a school of magic

Below is each district name and the magic that they are associated with.

Graystone: Abjuration
This magic is used for protection such as wards and barriers

Fellward: Conjuration
Magic that summons mundane or magical creatures from other planes.

The Eyes: Divination
These spells are used to spy on people or find object and places over distance and also to glimpse the future.

All-lux: Enchantment
Used to mess with peoples minds using this magic will help in getting people to like you, or cause confusion or anger in others

Fizze Diocese: Evocation
Ice, acid, fire , lightning, use the elements to destroy your foes in a variety of ways.

Parish of Dreams: Illusion
Create walls where there are none, imaginary creatures out of nothing, and voices everywhere with this disturbing magic.

Fleshwall: Necromancy
Bringing the dead back to life and cursing anyone who would get in your way area few ways to use this foul magic.

The Gilded Heart: Transmutation
The art of turning one form of matter to another weather it is stone to mud, flesh to steel, or lead to gold.

When getting in just let us know what kind of magic you prefer to use and a bit about your character. you are each free to roam where every you feel and trust me there is plenty here for you to see!
>>
File: sqxOlIc.jpg (123KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
sqxOlIc.jpg
123KB, 640x640px
My name is maryam. I'm a ginger female (human), around 18-19 years old. huge junkie (if possible in this world). and i'm in the school of enchantment.
>>
File: 960e5526e828c375.jpg (60KB, 949x2048px) Image search: [Google]
960e5526e828c375.jpg
60KB, 949x2048px
>>1378066
My name is Simone St. Martin. I'm a 18 year old girl and I love reading about history. I'm in Graystone.
>>
>>1378066
Tine. I'm a human of course. 18 years and a glasses wearing nerd. I'm a quite guy with a sinister smile.
I main evocation.
>>
>>1378218
You have found yourself here in Silverlin in hopes of finding what is hushed in rumors that are spoken in hushed wispers many brothels that line the street in All-lux. It is said that there is a secret location deep in the sewers call Dark Passion Ally where those who seek to fulfill their dark pleasure can go. You have heard that there is a place where one can go to try the most satisfying of drugs that are hard to come by.
>>
>>1378252
Graystone has been your home for as long as you can remember and its safe walls have always been a boon as you read the books piled in its stocked library. You read just about all there is about the history of the founding and rise of Silverlins two hundred year rise from nothing but something strikes you odd, as if something important has been left out of these books or stricken from its history yet you find it hard to place what it is...
>>
>>1378262
With the help of a passing caravan that passed through your small town you finnaly managed to make it to the fable gates of Silverlin, and grand they were swung wide to welcome you inside. Or it would if the line that stopped every few moments would go any faster. as you look ahead you noticed that guards in shining silver armor stopped each wagon at the gate for inspection. there was a brief conversation and then they were left to pass. when it is your turn the gaurd turns to you and ask " Welcome to the City of magic, will your stay be long or short?"
>>
>>1378300
"Long."
I proceeded to stare at the guard in silence.
There wasn't much to be said after all.
>>
>>1378293
Strange. I should ask the Librarian if he knows anything about his.
>>
>>1378305
With a smile and a nod he hands you a peice of paper, which you can tell is a map. he points to a few buildings. " As it does not seem like you have a lot of money on you at the time I suggest these inns to stay at till your on your feet."

>>1378312
You meet with a short and tubby old half-elf with a balding head who runs the place but when you bring up the information that might be missing he frowns deeply " I see what your talking about, I cant believe i never saw it before now, but just as I grasp at the idea it slips away. how curious this is."
>>
>>1378389
"Thanks."

Well check to see if one of the recommended inns is in Fizze Diocese.
If so let's go there
>>
>>1378066
Here is some info concerning each district and what they do.

Graystone
Graystone stands as the city of Silverlin main line of defense from outside threats and a place to train those willing into being members of the cities guard, The Silver Ward. Located at the district center is Graystone Manor, the guild of Abjuration spell casting. Many who seek to enter its walls and learn from its head mage. Racor Graystone , whose family help make the very walls of the city and the fiercely loyal mage will give everything to protect.

Fellward

Monsters summoned from across the planes walk these streets like everyday citzens. Some of which may very well be, for this is where one can find devils speaking freely with angels, and beings made from pure shadow sipping tea at the local bar. Here is where the Fetchling Guild master Irvin Hathor and his every present gibber squad of imps run their school of summoning

The Eyes
Every city needs to know what happens inside and outside its walls, and the Spymaster who runs the guild here makes sure of that with her handpick selection of watchers that keep tabs on the whole city via head sized light orbs that act as their eyes and ears through out the city.

All-lux
A variable den of debauchery and sin, here is where one can go to satisfy their urges in many ways, as the brothels line the streets with smiling courtesans at the doors using their friendly attitudes and sometimes sly magic to bring in customer. Ember Yulkin, a teifling Enchantress takes those willing to learn the ways of enchantment with more then just open arms.

Fizze Diocese
One would be wise to mind their heads while in this part of the city, for wizards who practice the art of battle magic can be found sparing in the unlikely of places. Shoot shards of ice, or globes of acid in every direction. The people here have grown accustom to the rowdy display and are quite lively themselves. Quinn Geth is a gnome who runs the Evocation school here and does so with a smile to new comers but keeps a cold whip to take care of anyone who oversteps their bonds.

Parish Of Dreams
When one enters into the Parish of Dreams they are greeted by a beautiful seance of individuals throwing birds of rainbow light into the air, and floating orbs or soft music that dance about. for here is a place of making ones thoughts real! An old elf leads a select few in his guild of Illusion and teaches them how to make their spells feel even more real.

Fleshwall
The first thing one will notice upon entering the doors of this area is the overwhelming smell of rotting flesh. A smell that thankfully is nullified by wards placed to keep it contained in Fleshwall. What is noticed next are the totting swarms of shambling corpses that follow behind their masters, or the chattering bones behind stalls selling wares to passerby's.When a body is to be made into an undead they would go to the alchemist who runs the school of necromancy to get it registered
>>
>>1378415
You remembered him pointing to a place on the far side of town and start heading in that direction. on your way you make note of a few stores and places you pass by that might be interesting for later in till you finally duck behind a alleyway with a sign at its entrance that says " The Torched Tunic" despite the ally being dark the entrance was lit by the candle light from inside which threw a light onto the sidewalk as clear noises of things breaking sounded inside
>>
>>1378066
>>1378447
The Gilded Heart
When one needs to find that is hard to come by they go to the Bazaar city of The Gilded Heart and browse the many stalls that host a great many things to purchase for varying prices that can change on a whim. Here is where magical merchants can make their fortune , or lose it all to the tides. Hearty and quick witted , the human guild master of the transmutation guild, Herman Fillstead keeps an eye on all transactions within Silverlin and makes sure that the flow of illegal substances stay out of his beloved city.
>>
>>1378461
Well alright then.
Now to check out the evocation guild.
That's one of the reasons I came here.
>>
>>1378066
I'm in.
Muabal Baldor is a rather young(18) fellow who studies divination.
>>
>>1379889
The evocation hall is surprisingly not to far from the tavern you were just at and you find your way there easily. Stone walls tipped with silver bars surround the rather large complex with two gates doorways north and west for traffic. Etched into the side of the gate you enter is a plague that reads "We commit to the elements we call, and bear their burdens well" after which you pass through the gates to find students in a large court yard with several rows of circles burned into the ground where pairs of wizards practice magic on one another. Past that are the doors to the main chamber's of the guild, where you are greeted by a female human. "Greetings young traveler, are you here for the tour?"
>>
>>1380006
Ever since a young age you have always had fuzzy glimpses of events that were always to out of focus to be of any use. You sought to change that when you enrolled into The Eyes divination school and though you still are not able to control these visions you are now able to make them out more clearly. An the most recent ones have troubled you greatly, glimpses of sharp rows of teeth, pale rippling flesh, burning homes, once friendly faces fighting amongst fellow wizards and screams that echo throughout a ruin city.
>>
>>1378066
My name is mot. I'm 19 male tall 6.4 and skeletal thin with silver hair in a braid. I've just moved to the fleshwall.
>>
>>1378480

OP!
Oren Miranthous is a 24 year old adept who's a member of the school of metals. I work in the bellows of one of the mechanists shops in the Gilded Heart, issuing reagent implimentations on magical constructs, imbuing metals with properties, or even transmuting some materials into others.
>>
>>1380560
*Nods*
I hope I do well.
I wouldn't want to mess up on the first day.
>>
>>1380603
Your frist impression of fleshwall was "gloomy" when you walked through the gates, but as you walked its streets you began to see that the despite being a place for death it was certainly lively in its own way. People always seemed to be eager to chat and the undead where always helpful when close by. One bleached intelligent skeleton even gave you directions to your new apartment in the shallows, which are cheapest living in Silverlin due to the conditions of fleshwall. The shallows are A complex of building stacked on one another with small roomies, one for sleeping and the other for cooking. Now with your stuff neatly tucked away you are free to venture forth into your new home
>>
File: 247729-blacksmith.jpg (123KB, 900x535px) Image search: [Google]
247729-blacksmith.jpg
123KB, 900x535px
>>1380614
You enjoy the work that you do, even if others call it nothing more then a "Glorified Blacksmith" work, for you have used your command over your magic to weave many a spells into the works you have help with, from making sure horseshoes stay study, to having gears keep cool from the heat produced by their construct. Yet you have always been to busy at your work to truly make something your own and your magic is still at its infant state compare to the grand wizard who is said to hold the secrets of all metals within his own personal library.
>>
File: Workshop.jpg (194KB, 980x700px) Image search: [Google]
Workshop.jpg
194KB, 980x700px
>>1380638
I look over the orders for the workshop today, see what needs to be done. heck might as well check the letters I have stockpiled too, maybe one of those higher ups with their golden capes finally accepted my request for them to tutor me in transmutation.
>>
>>1380616
She gestures you to the rest of the group then takes point at the entrance to the grand hall. " My Name is Zera and i will be your guide " the mage sweeps her hand out " My hope is that all of you will come to know this place as home but we must see that you are ready for that step" with a wave she motions for the group to follow here. As you wind yourselves through corridors she list off the rooms of importance, magic studies, the schools personal library, spell casting training and so on, till you all come to a stop in front of rotunda with three doors. " Each of you will choose a door and venture into it, choose wisely for it will test you in many ways."
>>
>>1380655
A stack of letters lay on your work desk, on the top of wish is one with the guilds insignia waxed into it. Upon opening the letter it reads " We here at the esteem collage or transmutation thank you for applying to join are ranks- unfortunately we currently are not able to accept new members but do hope you will apply again in the future" Three other distinct notes lay on your table. One from Graystone " Dear Miranthous , I would like to inform you of an opitunity here at the Silver Ward head quaters that could use a man of your skills has come into light, for more information please see me at Graystone Manor
Sincearly Racor Graystone"
Another with a blue wax seal of book over a metal gear. " The Spell and gear company is seeking skilled metal workers to assist in building a true construct empire with in the walls of Silverlin, seek us out on scrap all located in The Gilded heart"
and last one with a name of a man you had not seen in awhile " Tom Fingltos"
"Hey old friend, you will not beleive what I found while messing around in the sewers, an old abandon study hidden away! Isn't that weird? Anyways I found some old diagrams that look like the blue prints for building something and thought you would like a look at it."

You feel like you have only enough time to answer one of these letters personaly
>>
File: Graygard Manor.jpg (734KB, 1400x528px) Image search: [Google]
Graygard Manor.jpg
734KB, 1400x528px
>>1380705

an audible sigh escapes my lungs as I read the 2nd time the transmutation college declined my petition. the thought of sending them a letter insulting their prissy attitudes and girly capes came to mind but it was suddenly sidetracked by the three interesting letters that was just behind the college's response.

"An invitation from those armored dudes in Graygard, I guess every citizen in Silverlin owe it to these guys for the protection and order we enjoy. this might be my chance to pay them back. although I heard the Spell and Gear company pays well and that they're one of the workshops that funds the college, might even get a reccommendation from them but unless I secretly joined the Spell and Gear company, Uncle Wilbur would be furious at me if I joined a rival workshop, he might even kick me out, leaving me homeless and jobless in Gilded Heart, a practical death sentence, and then there's Tom. Tom and sewers isn't really a place I would like to be in, but that talk of an abandoned study... I've been aching to learn more about magic and having a private study like those rich kids in the college sure is tantalizing. who knows what kind of magicks can be learned in that abandoned study.

I'll write back a letter to tom's house which is in one of those backwater alleys in the GH, telling him to wait for me tomorrow evening as I got to prepare gear for our foray into the sewers. After finishing the letter, I start walking towards the Graystone Manor
>>
>>1380660
Nonchalantly walk through the second door.
I'll either pass or fail.
Simple as that
>>
>>1380705
>>1380750
OOC
also, why you gotta do this OP why give me such important choices so early T_T
>>
>>1380750
Graystone Manor is a single massive rock cut right from the mountains to the north and carried hundred of miles by the Graystone family to serve as a symbol of their power and stubbornness. This all shows as you walk into its doors ushered in by guards dressed in full plate and while the outside is much to be desired in its dullness, the inside it dressed to the teeth with extravagance. You are asked to wait for a bit and then you follow a steward up the main stairs to a large study with one wall covered in a glass window. sitting at a to big of a desk is the Stoic Racor penning down a mountain of paperwork. he looks up and with a voice of gravel greets you. " Oren, I'm glad you came. I have quiet the opportunity for you. I've seen your metalworking before, and while its not top of the line, it has much potential." He fixes the specticals briefly then moves off his chair to walk around the desk. " You see , my family has always been stubborn with how we make things, but me, I peruse any ends that will garentee the protections of this city. I'm sure you have seen the guards armor around this city, you would be blind not to, but I find that we need better protection and a steady hand to provide it." He stands before you and looks sternly up into your eyes. " If you agree to this endeavor, you will not be some simple blacksmith, you may very well be the future of Silverlin. "
>>
>>1380758
Each person chooses their door and passes through, then the next group, and the next till it is your turn. You notice that none of the others ever came out when the next group was sent in, but you pass through the archway and the heavy wooden doors close behind you. Before you is a great tunnel, on its lip are texts carved into the stone, they read. " Step gently with burning hands to doors unseen, go forward bravely and bare thy flame
>>
>>1380568
how long have i been enrolled for?
could you describe the school more vividly?

as for my action: I will report this to my tutor in divination of course
>>
>>1380626
I take a small raven skull from my pocket carved with the name of my new master. My father had arranged for my apprenticeship to his old friend
>>
>>1380822
In my hand ignite a small flame.
Then step forward into the tunnel.
But gently and slowly.
>>
>>1380812
Its the least I can do for the guards, Although, Uncle Wilbur at the Gamble Arcane Mechanist Shop will surely want something out of this deal seeing that he'll also be loosing one of his adepts, and If I can ask for a request before joining, I often gawk at the guard's armor. Seems quite nifty to have those, you know... so people know that I'm official with ya guys in the silver ward.
>>
>>1380867
You have been enrolled four years now training in the art of prophetic knowledge , the school is a large circular complex with three stories high. throughout its halls zoom the Irises , small light globs that act as the eyes and ears for the head master and her select few, but there are others used by teachers in the school as well. Bringing your findings to your teacher has him quite parplex. " Visions like these are not uncommon but sometimes they are just of what COULD come to pass and it is never easy to tell if it will be your true future." He writes down an address on a slip of paper and passes it to you. This is a colleague of mine and they might be able to help you discern its meaning better.
>>
>>1380872
The skull twitches to life as you pull it out, growing black wings and flying off to show you the way to its master. following it down the streets leads you to a blacken wood tavern called "The Starving Ghoul" which the raven ducks inside. When you follow you see your keepsake perch on a rather short fellow mealing at the bar.
>>
>>1380882
Your hand brushes against an invisible door right at the entrance of the tunnel, which the flames from your hands ignite in a burst dissolving the blockade but also setting the whole tunnel ablaze with fire, you feel the intense heat radiate forth from its depths

>>1380970
I see you still wish to look after your family, very noble of you, we do intend to compensate him for the lose and as long as you are in are company he will be paid for the time. You of course will be paid as well." he gives a slight chuckle at your request the leads you to a side room. He places his hand softly on the door and looks up at you. " I'm not sure you understand, you my son will be making the guards new armor, better armor with the help of something special, and you, you will receive the title of Everward, the rare few who protect the protectors." He opens up the doors to revel a tight fitting robe with short sleeves trimmed in silver leaf fitted with leather under the cloth. " This will be yours, that cloth is made from finely hammer strands of mythril and enchanted for protection against fire, a very unique work of art." He gives you a small smile " all you have to do is say yes and there will be much more for you."
>>
>>1381076
I walk up to the man and introduce myself "hello master I'm mot son of yord I look forward to studying under you" I then bow deeply
>>
File: 250px-Kalizandrex_Poppo.jpg (15KB, 250x235px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Kalizandrex_Poppo.jpg
15KB, 250x235px
>>1381113
"Well look what we have here! You have grown up so fast Mot, then again it has been awhile. I see you kept Prie with you all this time." the old gnome pets the ravens skull head and lets it fly pack to you. " You have finally come to learn then? I have much to offer you, just tell me what you are looking to be taught."
>>
>>1381105
Burst into a sprint heading forward.
I can't turn back,
I might fail.
>>
>>1381154
"what I have always wanted to animate the dead and bend them to my will and achieve my lichdom" I sit and order a drink pet the raven skull and await his response.
>>
File: 78fe85be4f41411cf34374cb8cddfd58.jpg (988KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
78fe85be4f41411cf34374cb8cddfd58.jpg
988KB, 1920x1200px
>>1381219
The flames lick at your flesh as you run through, shearing skin and burning deep. the pain corses through you deeping with each step you take and yet the tunnel does not end.

Roll 1d20 meet or exceed 15
>>
>>1381236
"Woah now!" he looks around and waves to to a far off corner of the tavern." Mot, look there are no liches in Silverlin, Officially, all undead are registered to one person or another and are mostly used as the labor force to farm the fields" with a nod a blaken skin zombie brings you a glass filled with a green foggy liquid. "We only animate creatures or people who donate their bodies to magic after they die, besides There are strong wards that keep undead inside Fleshwall, put there by Graystone himself to prevent the spread of plague , you would be trapped hereafter your transformation." He sighs deeply and looks up at you. " I can still teach you how to use your magic though
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1381280
Through fire and flame for my dreams!
>>
>>1381064
I walk through the (possibly) golden halls and up (perchance) the stairs of (maybe) Moorish architecture. And he (might) expects our presence.
>>
>>1381389
You fall to your knees and the flames devour you hands leaving nothing but ash. you look back to see the opening to this accursed tunnel so close to you all you would need to do is jump towards it, and the exit is lost in flames. what cost are you willing to bare to make it there?
>>
>>1381420
White marble halls, smooth surfaces and low light. The piece of paper given to you has an address on it, meaning he most likely is not in a school room, which might give you time to prepare before heading there or perhaps attend to another need and go there at the end of the day. So you can go down the stairs of the three storied building to do that or keep reading in the study in till the end of the day its really up to you.
>>
>>1381105
I slowly copped a feel for the fabric of the robe, The mythril strands placates an aura of strength on the silken weave.
"this is great work, someone from the transmutation college? those prissy brats sure can weave mythril like its no buddies' business. I bet their gold cloaks also features the same arcane weaving..." I grimmace as I wore the silken robe and laugh as I look at myself in a mirror.
"I look like I'm an officer, this feels grand!
I've thought about it sir, And I'm in! Give me 3 days to fix my things back in the workshop, I'll atleast take a day to explain all this to Ol'Uncle Wilbur"
>>
>>1381519
"Ha! no son, my fore fathers made this here item using a lost art that toke them years to perfect, and' he coughs briefly eyeing you in your new attire. " is why I am delighted to hear you accept my offer. You have two days to get what you need done. The rest can be handled by the guild I assure you." Racor hands you a closed envelope and a ring. " the ring goes with the robe and the envelope has the details for where to go."
>>
>>1381535
"Thank you so much for the oppurtunity sir! I'll make you proud, I'll make sure of that!" as I shake his hands furiously. then I walk back to the workshop proudly wearing my new robe.
>OOC
for items,
do we make our own sheets and display it for you? or should we just keep it to ourselves, to make the thread look spiffy.
>>
>>1381572
Once outside the guards who ushered you in now bow before you. One rises to his feet. Well met sure, my name is Jeffery and ill be your escort from now on"
>>
>>1381482
As tempting as it might be to stay and read, I 'll assign the page number to an architectural feature and leave to visit the address.
what do the decorations look like?
>>
>>1381572
OOC
Oh sorry forgot about that, just keep the items to yourself, you can always look back to see what you got!
>>
>>1381600

"Escort? Hahah! You do not need to worry about me umm.... knight Jeffery?... " the thought of speaking so casually to these veterans fighters makes me bit nervous

"sir, I'm not a lady. I grew up in the streets of the Gilded Heart, you don't survive in that place if you lack wits. I'm sure can take care myself."
>>
>>1381604
Most walls lay bare save for a single strand of light located at the top of the most walls giving the hallways and rooms a twilight feeling. Some rooms have hanging tapestry of white with blue trim at the center of which is a collection of six eyes line in a circle. All of which you take in as you make your way out into The Eyes to the location on the peice of paper which turns out to be a small stone house on the edge of town. After a breif knock on the door a middle aged man with black hair and beard opens up. " hello young man, how can I help you?
>>
>>1381670
He shakes his head and protest. " Sir Everward, I must accompany you. Your new position may come with new enemys. I promise to stay out of your way as much as I can. now where please lead the way sir I will keep watch." he stands at attention and ready to follow you
>>
File: Jeffrey.jpg (551KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Jeffrey.jpg
551KB, 1920x1080px
>>1381701
"It's hard to get used to that title of Everward, sounds imposing, incredible, and important..., big shoes to fill...
" cough "
Jeffery, I know you'll never stop bugging me about this if I kept refusing so instead I just need to know one thing first before I accept this arrangement. I trust that you will always pass your decisions first through me, your everward, before anyone else. I need to know I can trust you with my actions if you're gonna be following me all around.
>>
>>1381813
He nods in agreement " of course sir Everward. I am here to protect and serve." He goes to one knee and places his hand on his chest. " we calm the magic of this world so every one may enjoy its glory."
>>
>>1381472
I am a mage of evocation.
This kind of heat shall be something I wield.
If I cannot handle it then it shouldn't be mine.
Go forth and try once more.
I'll put my all into this.
>>
>>1381295
"alright I shall not bring it up again. That said when do we begin I am eager to learn" I take out a small note book write out my address and hand him the page " this is were u can reach me if anything urgent comes up"
>>
>>1381680
"Hello. I'm Muabal a student of (inset proff name). He referred me to you after I had told him about the visions I've been seeing."
I suppose he lets me in?
I tell him about the visions in the most vivid way possible.
>>
File: 1.jpg (39KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
39KB, 852x480px
>>1381993
Picking yourself back up you rush forward into the flames once again. It feels like you run through them for ages feeling the pain for the flames take pieces of your body away with each step. then you step into an opening, falling to the ground feeling like nothing was left of you, only to notice your burns are gone, you are as you were when you entered and the pain has left as well. " You did most impressively there young mage. I commend you on completing your first lesson." A short gnome with graying red hair stands in front of you in elaborate robes. " What have you learned from this?

>>1383332
He takes the paper and writes down his own giving it to you " Take a few days to get to know your new home then come meet me at my abode and we shall start teaching you." He places a few gold down on the table. " I got your meal this time mot,now go have some fun" with that he leaves through the tavern doors

>>1383341
"Greg sent you eh? well come on in and lets see what I can do. I'm Raynor" He leads you to a room with a small round table adorn with a purple cloth trim in gold embroidery atop which sets a crystal ball. He ask you to sit then listens to you recount your visions. "hmm quite the ill omen I would say, lets try something, what I want you to do is look into this ball thinking about those dreams of yours and see if we can't get a bigger picture." He pick himself up "Meanwhile I'll grab some tea for us" He leaves the room

roll 1d20 better then 10
>>
>>1383455
"Not to give up...and more importantly. Fire hurts. Alot."
>>
>>1383455
"Great, Cause where I'm going, I might actually need an extra pair of arms and eyes."
we begin walking towards tom's house
>>
>>1383476
He reaches out a small hand to help you up. As you grasp it you feel the firmness and strength in his grip and many scars that layer them. " That is a good lesson to learn, but it is also to teach you the pain that these spells can inflict should not be cast on others lightly and should be saved for when all else fails." He hands you a glass of cold water, " I am Quinn Geth"
>>
>>1383581
You reach your old friends ram-shacked house without much trouble. The Jeffery waits a few feet back his eye trained the streets and proceed to know on the door only to find it lightly ajar. You figured he might be home and call out but no answer is your response. through the door you can see the living room in shambles.
>>
>>1383708
"I know tom's a slob but this looks weird even for him..."
I go inside the room further, looking for a sign of tom's whereabouts.
I also try to cast mage light to help me search.

OOC
if we try to make magic retroactively, should we roll or not?
>>
>>1383705
"I'm tine."
Take the water and chug it.
That as an ordeal.
>>
File: Summoner.jpg (434KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Summoner.jpg
434KB, 750x1000px
>>1378066
Duncan belongs to Fellward and he often travels around wearing armour. He love of large, carnivorous monsters and similar entities is the main reason he wears armour.
>>
>>1383732
The inside of the house is in shambles, tables knocked over , couch ripped open , bookshelves toppled everything a mess. You do not see any signs of Tom but a puddle of blood in the living room bears bad tidings.

OOC
No that is fine no need to roll for that
>>
>>1383825
Quinn waits while you chug the glass then hands it off to another mage. " Follow me" he says, turning to walk away. The open space you were in was a small room with a chair and table off to the side. The table held a candle and a book which he went to and sat down. "Now I know you have come here to practice evocation and we can more then happy teach you that. What element would you like to focus on? Fire,acid,lightning, or ice? "
>>
File: cA2uy.png (766KB, 453x884px) Image search: [Google]
cA2uy.png
766KB, 453x884px
>>1383935
The darken round room smelled of the old books that cluttered it, several heavy wooden tables sat to your right covered in herbs and magical instruments and the smell of incenses filled the air. the source was a smoking circle with a insignia that glowed bright white A
blacken hand sets firm on your shoulder as the fetchling man gives you a stern look. " It is time to summon your eidolon to serve as your companion, speak now his name and throw your mind towards the plane you wish to call from. Form him within your mind and drag him back to this world. I know you can do this." Irvin steps back and begins the ritual.
>>
>>1384035
Close !Y eyes.
Think of which one calls to me.
"Lightning. I want to focus on lightning."
>>
File: HYDRA!.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
HYDRA!.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>1384069
From the lowest pit, to the highest peak, I call upon a beast of all places, a creature of the Natural Order! I call a Great Hydra to serve me. Appear in the summoning circle outside, not in this room!
>>
>>1384088
" Ah you seek to ride the waves of air and use the force of storms ." he makes a note in the book and which he gives to the same mage who brought the glass of water. " You are to report to room 4 B tomorrow for work. Unfortunately we do not supply lodging here on ground so you will need to find a place. I am expecting great things from you."
>>
>>1384114
A bright flash comes from the ring on the floor , followed by a soft thud, then another, and another. You see the inner circular rise upwards, cracks forming across the floor. With one final push the bridge between worlds gives way in a burst of energy sending pebbles and wind gusting into you. from the hole rises large scale feet bringing with it a lumbering form baring the three heads of a hydra. Each of them trained on you, yellow eyes flickering with primal rage. " Now bind him to you with your life energy and bring forth his mind with a name!"
>>
File: orgynth.jpg (204KB, 1012x790px) Image search: [Google]
orgynth.jpg
204KB, 1012x790px
>>1384256
I name you ORGYNTH, Fierce Devourer. Take this offer of unity, so none can ever stand against us united!
Duncan holds up his hand and forms a large ball of red energy out of his life-force.
>>
>>1383935
As the light floods the room, The gory sight almost churned my stomach out
"...tom, you idiot... what have you gotten yourself into.."
I took a few moments to regain my composure before I could take a gulp of air worth of speech
"Jeffrey! you have to see this mess"
"From all of the bad shit I have seen, having your whole room repainted with blood is something new, there's something wrong in this city if someone would even horridly mutilate a sewer diver's shack"
and as I heard Jeffrey's footsteps change from the patter of the cobbled streets to the deep thumb of the wooden floor. I looked to his direction and said
"I supposed this is the occupational hazard of being an everward?"
>>
>>1384227
*Nods*
"I do as well."
Guess I should explore the guild and get to know people
>>
>>1378066
Lucien is a 28 year old human, so long as he can remember he's lived in and has been one of the armor clad guards of the city's, thus as one he knows abjuration so he can do his job with less risk to himself when dealing with more voltile situations. Unfortunately for him his station is to keep order in fleshwall and with the post it comes with dealing with all manners of "unique" situations.
>>
>>1383455#
I stare at the sphere intently and try to recall my visions.
dice+d20
>>
>>1384493
dice+1d20
?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1384502
there we go
>>
>>1384286
A load roar issues from all three heads at once showing their fangs fiercely which lash out to devour the red orb. The beast thrashes and shivers then settles down lowering its heads and mummering softly "I am Orgynth ,I will serve you and what ever deeds plans you may have. " the magic sigh fades snuffing out entirely leaving only the beast behind.

>>1384324
After servaing the scean the guards eyes narrow. "This....most deffeintly has nothing to do with your new tittle, after all it was just pass to you so no one knows." He reaches down and touches the blood lightly " the blood is dried as well so this happen a few days passed, who ever did this has something against your friend. Ether way I'll have to tell the Ward what is going on"
>>
>>1384543
Duncan bows respectfully to Irvin, then gestures to Orgynth.
"Come, let us explore the city. I feel a need for fresh air and the chaos of the city."
>Duncan walks out, with Orgynth looming next to him as he walks outside and down the large pathway
Yes Duncan is Green in terms of MTG colours
>>
>>1384331
Quinn motions to the mage behind him. " This Is Drisen he will show you the way out or around the guild if you wish it. For me I will take my leave." Quinn nods to you both and with a flash gone. "Greetings Mot, it would seem that I will be your guide for the remainder of the day, follow me and I will take you to the main hall." With that he leads you out the door and through stone hewn narrow hallways. The only thing on the walls are murals of elementals or mages doing battle. Drisen speaks up " We don't keep to many paintings and the like around here, it would surely be a shame to have such pricey things be ruined by some stray spell yeah." You follow him past several rooms and a few more hallways till you both pop out into a great rotunda with a high ceiling. A balconay with stone railing lined a secound floor above you while wizards fly about carrying books and bags to their destination. The ground floor split into 12 different hallways each marked with some sort of signed etched into stone next to them." Now is there any thing else I can do for you?"
>>
>>1384543
"No kidding, you think someone who liked tom would do this to him? sorry, I'm abit tensed right now"

"hmm... Tom sure had a wellspring of enemies, for a sewer diver, he was a transmutation savant, he managed to learn how to transmute silk into leather when he was young and got me into alot of trouble through one of his famous pranks with the local tailor. but I doubt that tailor would do this."

I take a solemn glance around the now ruined house, one of the books that was strewn on the floor caught my eye. "Introduction to transmutation, the art of material magic". past memories flashing as I flipped through the pages.

"Seven Hells Tom"
"this house was given to him when he was just a teen, his dad's trading caravan got ambushed and we got to see his dad's charred corpse. took a real toll on poor tom. he stopped coming to school after that as he was left to fend for himself."
"we used to learn transmutation together with the books he got from his father's will..., his father was a good metal wizard too, well... that's what I got from all of the stories Tom told about him"

I closed the book and put it neatly on a bar stool just below one of the paintings depicting tom's dad. then I look to Jeffery.

"help me search around for clues. anything that might tell us of what happened and more importantly to where we can find tom is important. Tom might be a dick, but he's a good friend of mine, and I need to know what happened to him."
>>
File: Tom's Dad.png (2MB, 1016x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Tom's Dad.png
2MB, 1016x1296px
>>1384653
here's the painting.

also, I keep on using the pronoun "I". Sorry about that.
>>
>>1384483
Fleshwall has always been a quite place to keep watch thanks to Graystones wards that kept most troubles at bay, but when ever it did arise you could be sure it was a good bit to deal with. Like the death of a necromancer, such events freed all undead under his control which normally leads to a whole mess of chaos. Today though has you dealing with the weird situation of an arguing couple of a male flesh eating ghoul and his living half-elf wife. A common domestic violence dispute that droned on for to long...suddenly you see a dark cloaked figure pull a pedestrian out of the crowed down the street and as you try to go and investigate you hear a small explosion behind you as a store falls to the ground and several figures dart into the crowed in the other direction. You have only enough time to go after one.
>>1384509
Your vision clouds as you look into the ball smoke rises up and your mind goes blank for a moment. Then the blakness parts to revel a faceless man in red robes trimed in gold. He holds up a wrinkle hand it before him the city rises, but a city bathed in flame. The man chuckles out "The shackles are placed, The will is feed." then all goes dark again and you are once more in the small room infront of the crystal ball. As you rub your tempels from the pain you began to call out for Raynor you feel a great pain in the back of you head and fall to the floor, meeting darkness once more. You awake, at least you think you do, as darkness is still all you see, but you can hear the sound of water running close by."
>>
>>1384667
"So its going to one of these days huh, that explosion will most likely attract my colleagues so they can deal with that. I'll go and pursue that cloaked figure to ensure they aren't kidnapping that person for some convoluted ritual or other dark deed."
>>
>>1384707
(the explosion may attract our fellow guards but the people running away from it will most likely get away.)
>>
>>1384768
(I am aware of that)
>>
>>1384574
growling low the beast follows your lead through the guild and out into the city the large walkways of the school giving your beast ample room to move. Once outside in the light of day you can see your beast clearly. Orgynth stands 7 feel tall his body full of rippling muscle and covered in greenish blue scales that shine brightly in the sun. Each head snaps with rows of teeth sharp as daggers and drip with acidic yellow saliva. "This place is load" the beast mummers.

>>1384653
You search the house for a hour with pit in your gut. What can you find that these cretins didn't? you shake the thought from your mind and keep at the work. After awhile you finnaly give up and sit on the couch. Jeffery shakes his head and stands at the door. " Sir I don't know what happen here but I'm sure the Guard can handle it. Do you have any idea what could have made someone do this?"
>>
>>1384582
Ask him about the sign. Also more details about the guild master.
And notable individuals in this guild.
>>
>>1384838
maybe you're right. Let's head out to the silverward and report this.
on the trip to Greystone, I showed jeffrey the letter from tom.
"he told me he found a private study full of spellbooks in the sewer. but I fail to see how an abandoned study would lead to this."
>>
>>1384838
"Well it is a city composed of several major schools of magic, so some explosions are to be expected. And Fellward, where we are now is quite possibly the loudest. Imps tend not to have a volume control, and object to being silenced." Duncan looks around, before heading off South East. "Greystone will probably be quieter, we can find something to eat. By the way, what sort of hydra are you? You're clearly more traditional, due to the legs, but apart from that, I can't tell anything about you from just looking."
>>
>>1384707
>>1384768
(Cool just wanted to make sure I was clear!)

You ignore the shouting behind you and rush toward the ally the figure had taken with due hast. Moving past gawking spectators you turn the corner and find a man drab in a black cloak with an emblem of a closed eye in an open palm. he is holding a his hands to the forehead of a women, her eyes blank and distant. His other hand touches the ground and your not sure what he is doing till he grasp at the darken spot her shadow is an rips it off the ground, he shadow squirms in the figures hand.

>>1384875
"The signs next to each tunnel are a way of knowing where you are, theytell you whats down each hallway and then where the hallway goes. This place is big after all so itseasy to get lost."he places his hand to his chin." As for master Quinn... He is a very stern man, but extreamly kind. His has lived through many battles and has mastered all the elements and more. Though he is a busy man he still finds time to greet every new comer to walk into this school." he looks up from staring at the floor " now as for people you would like to meet, there is Yuka who is are head librarian and Hakel who teaches the wind class, but im sure you will meet them both tomorrow. Then there Greg one of the seniors he can make scrolls for you at a good price as long as you are in his good favor and then their is Terrko he makes rods,wands and staffs ."
>>
>>1384894
Orgynth snorts "Perhaps I should eat these imps to quite them" he follows beside keeping in stride. " I am and Eidolon as from that I do not know. " You are remained that these creatures are from your classes and if you need further information you can always ask a teacher.
>>
>>1385027
Duncan heads into Greystone and makes a line for an open air restaurant. "The issue with Imps is that when you get rid of half of them you find out the other half have collected their entire family and have trashed your room. They're vindictive, and always come back."
Finding a table, Duncan orders the largest cut of meat they have done blue, and a rare steak for himself.
>>
>>1384986
"You there! Release that shadow and surrender now in the name of the guard! Refuse to do it and I will do so for you with force!"

As I say this I draw my weapon and prepare my wards.
>>
>>1384986
"Thank you. I'd like to go see the librarian now please.'
If he lets me I'll head off to see yuka.
>>
>>1383455
I nod and bow "thank you master I will see u in a few days goodbye" I finish my meal step out of the tavern and take a deep breath taking in the smell of unlife all around me. I decide to head for the market
>>
>>1385047
A gracefull female half elf nods at your order and goes to ready the food for you. Making sure to stay clear of your large beast as she does so. "Why eat half of them ? At them all and problem is solved." The hydra lays two of its heads down while the other stares at you with yellow eyes. Shortly after the waitress returns with your food, carrying a good size raw meat on a silver plated and a smaller cooked one on another. Before she is able to place the dinner plate down one of the hydras heads snatches it up and two of them fight over the meal. The waitress gasps in surprises then backs away. " W-will that be all for you sir?"
>>
>>1384879
Jeffery green eyes scan over the letter quickly and he places a hand on his growing blond beard. " this is quite odd, the sewers beneath Silverlin are highly maintain and the blueprints are updated monthly by a head of the silver ward." He hands the paper back to you. " the sewers are extremely dangerous for people due to the nature of how we dispose of things. The undground is full of acid oozes that get rid of waste. These creatures funnel into a channel forming a river of variable death, but sometimes one will spit from that river and venture out. Needless to say access to the sewers is strictly regulated for people stafty. What your friend was do in down there is beyond me, but I have no doubt that what ever he found is illegal. For only fool's and outlaws would go to such a place."
>>
>>1385075
Quick as a snake the figure pushes the woman toward you and bolts down that ally at top speed. As you look on you notice that the path begins to get darker makin it hard to see far.

Roll 1d20 to chase after , you need a 15
>>
>>1385261
"Most surely" he says havin you follow him to the library. You go down a few more halls, some depicting large swaths of fire forming into a a bird and others deep seas with treslucent Shark swarms. After awhile your guide stops and points to a grand two two door entrance with mages pouring in and out. " there is what you seek, if you need me after your done there just let the Liberian know and she will inform me. May the elements bare with you sister."
>>
>>1386312
"Yes that will be all." Duncan thanks the waitress, before eating. He then turns to Orgynth. "The issue with Imps is that they are everywhere. And some of them are off limits, because the head of the school summoned them, and he looks poorly on those who eat his servants." Duncan finishes his steak and waits for Orgynth to finish his.
>>
>>1386319
"if tom's anything, he's capable. He can transmute your sword into rubber in a flash, I'm sure he could handle the sewers. that something that trashed his house was not of the ordinary...
something's afoul in this city. Jeffery, we need to make sure the city knows what's happening."

We head to Graystone and report this incident to the Silver Ward.
>>
>>1384667
I have a question: do the divination classes include astronomy/logi?
also, considering that magic and science would be very close in a world such as this one,are magic and science intertwined or are they separate?

Muabal sits up and starts feeling around. "Hello. Is there anybody here?"
what does the ground feel like? Is the water close?
how magical am I? Is there eco(am i in an enclosed space, say, the sewers?)? if so does it smell like waste sewage or stormdrain? else, do i feel the cold of what i assume is night or do i feel the light of the sun on my skin? how close to the coast is this city? If no information is available Muabal approaches the flow of water with very careful steps and probes the water to obtain the direction of flow and walks in the opposite direction.
>>
>>1386360
"Sister? but I am a guy though..."
Grumble a little (I don't look THAT feminine.)
and look for a book regarding the history of the magic school of evocation.
>>
>>1386367
After consuming his meal he licks his chops and lays his heads down on the ground. " To many rules for my like. More simple to just eat." He mutters one of his heads giving a yawn as they bath in the sun. After awhile the waitress returns and hands you the bill for the meal, which total your cost to 126 gold, after checking your wallet you find you have only 50 gp on you.
>>
>>1386439
You guys make it to the Silver Wards HQ just as the sun starts its dip bellow the horizon and the street lamps ignite into blue heatless flames. Jeffery takes your findings to a head officer who assures you they will do everything they can to look into it. " They should be able to handle it from here sir, or was there something else you wanted to do about it? remeber you have to meet with Master Graystone."
>>
>>1387217
"Hmm I don't have my full wallet on me. Could you use some summoned help in the kitchen? Just as busboys and dishwashers, nothing strenuous. Enough to cover the bill."
>>
>>1386444
The classes do indeed cover Astronomy , magic and tech are integrated but on a base level, such as golems. You are magical enough to cast minor spells, such as making light emanate from things you touch. detecting the presence of magic when concentrating, casting a protective ward on yourself and making a small fire. You can also, once a day determine the intimidate future for yourself such as what 10 seconds down a right side of a fork in your path will be like. The city is extremely far away from any natural bodies of water.

The ground beneath you feels to be man made stone, slightly damp most likely from the water a few feet away. You can tell your eyes are open but darkness is all you see. once you sound out your voice you hear an echo go for a good ways in two directions
>>
>>1386571
History of this school? well there are not to many its been around for less the 200 years, in any case wait here and I will retrieve them for you." After some waiting Yuka returns carrying 3 impressive size books in hand plopping them down in front of you with a loud thump. " Here you are then, they will be due back for inspection in a weeks time."

>>1387228
The waitress glances over to your creature then back at you. " Im sorry sir but we would not want to make a mess , or cause are guest to get frighten but may-" " Now now girl, I've got things from here." Says a low voice which comes from a man who walks out from behind her. " Well if your unable to pay, I do have a job for such acomplsih fellow such as your self." The man was short, tubby with a thin mustache , he wore no shoes and the sure signs of a halflings hairy feet strode over to the chair opposite of you.
>>
>>1387315
"Lets talk. I'm always happy to come to an arrangement rather than any unpleasantness happening." Duncan sits down again, and steeples his fingers.
>>
>>1387262
Muabal runs like a madman in the direction from which the first echo came from(shortest end of the tunnel (stormdrain) sending pulses of light every now and then behind him self so as to not be blinded by the light. until he either reaches the end or finds an exit.
by the way is it possible to cast postnotion spells? if so he does so when he isn't in panic mode.
>>
>>1387315
"Just please let me know immediately if something comes up..." was the last thing I said after I explained everything that happened.
I took a breather outside of the guardmen's office while waiting for jeffrey to formalize the report. I grabbed a coin and start flipping it around with my thumb, cyclical motions kinda allieviates the stress, Thoughts of Tom being shredded apart by an ungodly beasts races through my mind, but the thought of the city guard helping with the investigation eases the mind.
Then jeffrey broke the silence as he went outside of the guardhouse with a wanted reminded in his next sentence.

>" remeber you have to meet with Master Graystone"

as the words reached my ears I immediately scavenged my pockets to look for the enveloped Graystone gave me.
"he told me that inside the envelope where the directions on where to meet him next." I said, as I showed the envelope to jeffrey.
I opened the envelope and read the document for the next step.
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.