[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ quest? Civ quest.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 488
Thread images: 7

File: 1492370833867s.jpg (7KB, 125x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492370833867s.jpg
7KB, 125x250px
>Unlike every other Up these days, I don't fucking bail. Pick some shit. Ill write. We all enjoy. First to 3 votes wins. Go go go!
>>
File: civ3.jpg (962KB, 1841x3681px) Image search: [Google]
civ3.jpg
962KB, 1841x3681px
>>1377975
demons anywhere
>>
>>1377978
Thanks I have no idea why my image posted to be so fuzzy
>>
>>1377975
Elf
Forest
>>
>>1377978
FOR ALL JOINING ANIONS THIS IS THE IMAGE TO USE. MINE SUCKS BALLS
>>
>>1377975
Slime
Islands
>>
>>1377975
Insects desert
>>
>>1377975
Goblins in the Ruins
>>
>>1377978
>>1377993
>>1378067
>>1378091
>>1378097

Well Fuck my dickhole. You guys can't agree on anything
>>
>>1378097
Goblins and Ruins for me
>>
>>1377987
Because you saved a preview you big dummy
>>
>>1378114
OP DOES NOT DO THE SMARTS
>>
>>1377993
Voting this
>>
Awoos mana waste
>>
>>1378136
Supporting
>>
Elf

Haunted Forest
>>
>>1378138
Haunted forest is best forest
>>
Hmm.......i count 11 votes for goblins/ruins. Which just happens to be the one I picked too.

;p
>>
>>1378140
You mean you can't count.
>>
>Elves. Haunted Forest.

Gimme a minute to write this shit out fgts
>>
>>1378138
Your memes shatter my dreams.
Dreams of goblins in ruins.
>>
>>1378067
This
>>
>>1378141
maybe that too
>>
Your tribe has wandered through this accursed wood for days. There is food enough, if one lowers their standards. Water is availabe, though it is foul smelling and bitter. You cannot find a way from this forest of misery.

At night the mists move in like sentient creatures, shrouding your eyes and bringing the stench of rot and decay. Screams and howls echo from the distance.

Occasionally one of your number ventures out or dissapears from their bedrolls. They never return. This must change. You must master this place or you will all die here.

>Tribe name?
>population-30
>Tech-crude wooden spears, crude clothing, crude shelters, fire.
>Important villagers- One elderly mage-Spirit magic.

>Actions? 3 per turn. A turn is a week. Roll a dD20 with your action . First 3 go.
>>
>>1378168
Elderly villager is a nature mage. Not spirit. My bad. Got confused.
>>
Rolled 9, 9, 13 = 31 (3d20)

>>1378168
>build huts in the trees to limit opportunity for disappearance

>develop necromancy

>have the nature mage grow us better food
>>
>>1378181
Taking the highest of your rolls to allow other anons a chance. I meant select one action, roll for it. The first 3 separate actions go. Hope that clarifies.
>>
Rolled 12, 7, 3 = 22 (3d20)

>>1378168
>build huts
>gather food/water (go in groups)
>start building farming areas/ crops of some kind
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>1378187
Got ya.

Build Huts
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>1378168
> Set up various torches and fires around our camp to keep the beasts at bay
>>
>>1378187
got it

>necro
>>
Rolled 11, 3, 6 = 20 (3d20)

>Develop Necromancy
>Build walls
>Use nature magic to scout for animal companions
>>
>>1378196
That's some nice torch and fire setting m8.

>20
>>
>>1378207
We're straight up learning fire magic.
>>
>>1378207
Yeah do that fuck my post
>>
Rolled 10, 9, 14 = 33 (3d20)

>>1378204
this
>>
>13. Small Garden patch created.
Your nature mage seats himself upon a gnarled stump in front of a small, cleared patch in which he has directed the young of the village to deposit seeds and edible roots.

His eyes take on a faint glow as he mumbles and arcane tongue. Green tendrils rapidly sprout from the garden plot and begin thickening and ripening before the astonished elves.

His energy for the day depleted the nature mage is carried to his tent by grateful villagers!
>Small Garden patch created. Will supplement food and allow +1 growth.

>16 Build huts.

Your villagers rapidly set themselves to the task of creating better shelter. If they seek to survive this place then they must have a safe space to sleep. Quickly they create huts throughout the clearing you inhabit, crafting them of stone, earth and wood. They aren't much but theyre warm, relatively dry and the doors can be barred from the inside
>Basic Huts- Prevents villagers from being taken in their sleep.

20! WALL OF FIRE

As night creeps upon your villagers one day an idea strikes them. If the beings in the forest fear light and fire, why not fill the village with light and surround it with fire?

The set to work surrounding the village with torches, piles of slow burning wood and scatter torches on poles all throughout the village, lighting them at dusk and extinguishing them each dawn. Several of your villagers report they feel safer in the woods nearby due to the torches and begin carrying several with them.
>Torch barrier created. You shall fear no darkness for it can't penetrate your shield of light and flame.
>Scouting available-Your villagers can make short forays into the forest without fear of the dark due to carrying bundles of torches.

Turn 1 over
Tribe name-?
Population-31
Tech-Crude wooden spears, Basic Huts, small garden, Wall of flame, crude clothing, Torches.
>Important villagers-Elderly nature mage.
>3 separate actions and rolls pls
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1378247
Build bows
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>1378247
>In light we trust
Begin praying the Sun god, as he bathes us in his warmth and protects us from evil.
>>
>>1378267
Dayum....
>>
>>1378267
AHAHHA
PRAISE IT
PRAISE THE FUCKING SUN.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

Name: Giltleaf
Scout for animals companions, like Wolves, ROUS or ravens

>>1378267
Well we are Deus Vult's now.
>>
>>1378267

So i get to make these crappy bows, and the other guy literally has the Sun god appear and bless him?

Imma quit rolling.....sheesh
>>
>>1378281
Just start making posts tied with warmth and light.
The sun god blesses them
>>
>>1378247
Hunt
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>1378287
>>
>>1378277
Meh.

How about SunSpears.......or something sunny? We've clearly got the Sun God's blessing after all.
>>
>>1378291
We didnt before. And its a bit too early to wrap our entire concept around the first two turns.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1378247
make bows
>>
>11. Make bows

During their leisure time several of your villagers gather around and tinker on a small project. A curved stave of wood, bound with sinew and using tension to fling a small dart-like spear. Its crude and unwieldy for now but they assure you they can only improve from here
>Crude bows created. Wooden arrows.

>20! PRAISE THE SUN.

One of your female villagers sits upon a small log, enjoying the warmth of the sun as she peels some small roots for dinner. She smiles brightly at the ball of warmth and light in the sky.

"Thank you Sun! Its a lovely day!" she says brightly.

Suddenly her body goes rigid as a presence enters her mind. A multitude of voices enters her mind, pushing her thoughts to the side like dust

"Thank you my child. Go forth unto your people with my blessing and a small gift of my appreciation. You shall carry warmth and light with you at all times alongside the roaring flames. Tell your people Helios is watching them closely. They are a light in the darkness."

She reels with a soundless scream as light and knowledge pour into her mind. Her long brown hair turns white and her eyes glow with a warm yellow similar to a sunrise. She looks down into her hand where a small flame flickers for a moment...

>Blessings of Helios gained. Allows solar (Light magic) and Fire magic to be used without research. Research is necessary to improve them however. Or perhaps a temple to Helios?
>Priestess of Helios gained. Expert in Light and Fire magic. Direct voice to Helios.

Hunt for beasts-2.

Two of your braver hunters take a brace of wooden spears each and venture out into the forest to search for suitable creatures to use in the village.

Several days pass before one of them returns, ragged, raving and wounded heavily, bitten and slashed all over. He does not survive long but informs you that they found a large pack of DireWolves in the nearby forest. They had tried to capture a pup but had been ambushed and his companion had been killed. He barely survived.

>DireWolves nearby- can be hunted for food, Trained as war beasts, companions or mounts. Requires a beast pen.

>Tribe- PICK A NAME
>Pop-30 (2 kids but you lost 2 hunters)
>Tech-Crude wooden spears, Crude Bows, Crude clothes, Basic Huts, wall of Flames, Worship of Helios, Fire magic, Light magic, small garden patch
>Important villagers- Elderly nature mage, Priestess of Helios.

>3 separate actions and rolls please
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1378334

Nice.

Now, I vote for a wall of some kind. I don't want wolves wandering in.
>>
>>1378342
ok ok.......i'll quit rolling and let you all do it.
>>
>>1378346
Pray to the dice gods
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>1378334
name: Arcaestre

>Build glorious temple to the sun high in the canopy
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>1378387
See, guys? Helios protects!
>>1378334
Advance our agriculture.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

Build beast Pen
>>
Hmm...Is it time to worry yet?
>>
>>1378486
No lol I had to run to Lowes
>>
>>1378489
thx m8.

We're suffering from battered players syndrome when it comes to CM's.
>>
>4. Walls.

Your villagers, keen on the idea of defenses quickly begin crafting a large wooden palisade. Log poles are sunk into rows along the edges of the village and reinforced with dirt along the back and bottom to strengthen them. However zoning exists for a reason as one of the torches is much to close to the wall, sparking a literal ring of flames around the camp. You may have better luck on a rainier day.

>20! Temple to Helios!

The new priestess of Helios expresses desire for a tall, arboreal temple to the god of the sun, light, and fire. Unfortunately the trees of the haunted forest are stunted, diseased husks, not nearly tall or sturdy enough. Your elderly nature mage solves the problem however, generously donating a heirloom acorn of his. With a bit of nature magic and a healthy dose of the priestess's magic a tall, straight, beautiful oak sprouts and soars to the sky, easily offering a clear view of the sky and surrounding forest for miles.
>Temple to Helios created. Advanced Fire/Light magic research available

>7. Improve Crops.
Your nature mage seats himself near the small garden patch, observing as villagers pick the fat, healthy fruits and berries, digging up nutritious roots and tubers that grow back within hours. He attempts to channel more power but his assistance with the Temple tree appears to have drained his reserves. Possibly with an apprentice or two he could accomplish more magical feats.

>Tribe- Arcaestre
>POP-31
>Tech-Crude wooden spears, Crude Bows, Crude clothes, Basic Huts, wall of Flames, Temple of Helios, Fire magic, Light magic, small garden patch,

>3 separate rolls and actions plz
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1378525
Improve bows and spears
>>
>>1378525
Im gone for an hour and everyone bails :(
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1378525
develop improved sun magic
>>
>>1378581
His glory departs us!
>>
>>1378584
don't worry, i've still got my solid 3's and 9's going!
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

My 18 wasnt counted
Feels bad.

Improve clothes
>>
>>1378625
you can replace my crap roll with your excellent roll of you want. if cm will allow it. will cm allow it?
>>
>>1378625
Your 18 was 4th. I take first 3.
>>
>>1378633
Cm unfortunately cannot on principle. If it was in the first 3 and I mistakenly missed it i would use it but alas. #4
>>
>>1378641
A shame
>>
>>1378584
>His glory departs us!

lol....it's night
>>
>9. Improve Bows and Spears

Your villagers who had been tinkering with the bow begin working on the spears. They try carving and grinding new edges against large rocks, smoothing points and hardening tips but they make no real progress. Perhaps they will have better luck next time.

>3.Attempt to improve sun magic.

Your Priestess practices her sun magic all day, wielding dazzling light and roaring flame yet she makes no headway in her attempts. The sun god seems unimpressed by recent activity and refuses to grant further boons until he feels he is properly honored, possibly with a sacrifice or hunt in his honor.

>7. Improve clothes.

The women (and more fashion conscious men) of your village have decided to improve their wardrobe. They attempt to make new garb out of leather, fur, plant fiber and cleverly smeared dirt but to no success. Maybe next time

>Tribe- Arcaestre
>POP-32
>Tech-Crude wooden spears, Crude Bows, Crude clothes, Basic Huts, wall of Flames, Temple of Helios, Fire magic, Light magic, small garden patch, nature magic

>>
>>1378679
Gotta praise the moon for those nighttime bonuses
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1378689
Build beast pen
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

Learn basic medicine
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1378689
Water supply. Well, fountain, something.
>>
>>1378693
thats not a bad idea
>>
>>1377975
Myceanea in the ruins
>>
>>1378728
Dude you are WAY late. Welcome to join though :)
>>
>3. Beast pen

Your villagers take to the idea of domestic beasts quickly, animal companions for company and assistance would be a great boon. They set to work on a large pen that would be able to hold several large creatures. Unfortunately it collapses halfway through and nearly crushes several villagers. Maybe next time.

>5. Basic medicine.
Your nature mage decides, in the absence of his youthful power he needs to design some herbal medicines. The haunted forest is largely unknown to him however and so he has no immediate luck finding herbs and mushrooms that aren't poisonous.

>11! Water supply

There is a small spring nearby according to your hunters, with a little effort it can be diverted to run into your village. A small trench is dug from the spring to the edge of your village, terminating in a shallow, stone lined pool. The water is bitter but clear, perfectly drinkable and pleasantly cool.

>Tribe- Arcaestre
>POP-31
>Tech-Crude wooden spears, Crude Bows, Crude clothes, Basic Huts, wall of Flames, Temple of Helios, Fire magic, Light magic, small garden patch, village spring.

>>
>>1378754
Pop is 32. My bad.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>1378754
Trying to make better bows and spears
>>
>>1378791
Much better rolls
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>1378754
Scout the forest for any useful material
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>1378754
>improve shelters
>>
>>1378843
THANK YOU
>>
>>1378853
No problem
>>
>Sorry I was updating Tainted Earth.
>15. Upgrade Bows and spears!

Your group of amateur craftsmen report a breakthrough on their work. With the discovery of several small supplies of flint nearby they have been attaching carefully napped flint blades to the shafts of spears and arrows using rawhide and resin. Using discarded feathers from the forest birds they attach fletching to the arrows, greatly increasing their accuracy.
>Flint Spears and arrowheads created! Fletched arrows created!

>2. Scout surrounding for usable materials.

A small group of your villagers venture into the forest to scout for resources. They are armed with new bows and spears and carry torches and 2 of them are novice fire mages.

Its not nearly enough. Faint screams and bloody smears are all that your villagers find when the rescue party arrives.

>-4 villagers

>19! Upgrade Huts!

Your group of craftsmen turn to the huts around the village, adding multiples levels, porches, windows and reinforced doors. They make heavy use of wood and stone and the huts are now quite sturdy and secure.
>improved Huts!

>Tribe- Arcaestra
>Pop- 29
>Tech- Basic Flint spears, Basic Bows, Flint arrowheads, Fletching Crude clothes, improved Huts, wall of Flames, Temple of Helios, Fire magic, Light magic, small garden patch,

>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1378949
train apprentice nature mages
>>
>>1378969
these rolls! why helios why?
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>1378949
Practice using the Spears and bows
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>1378949
scouting party to get rid of some of the dangerous beasts that are killing our tribe members
>>
>5. Train apprentice nature mages

Your elderly nature mage sits upon a stump, resisting the urge to beat his class of young elves with a stick as they try and fail to coax a flower to bloom. One succeeds in turning his flower into a sentient thorn bush that rapidly attempts to strangle him.

The old mage sighs. Idiots.

>16! Train with spears and Bows

Your more combat oriented villagers begin regularly sparring and target shooting with their bows, a small area is set aside for them to train as the razor sharp stone is dangerous

>All adult elves are capable warriors

>18! Scouting party!

Your villagers have had enough of these scouts disappearing. A group of 10 set off into the forest, armed with stout spears, stone knives, bundles of arrows and pouches of torches. They refuse to be taken unaware. They follow the tracks of the previous scouting parties to the scene of the massacre.

Not much is found among the torn earth, scorched trees and broken spears until one of the party smells scorched, rotting meat. Kicking aside a clump of fallen brush a body is found.

Its a human yet.. Rotted. Its body is decayed where it isn't burnt. As your scouts poke it with a spear it twitches, flailing its arms. Its rapidly pincushioned with arrows and set alight
>Undead have been attacking scouts. Their trail disappears to the north.

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>Pop- 30

>Tech- Basic Flint spears, Basic Bows, Flint arrowheads, Fletching Crude clothes, improved Huts, wall of Flames, Temple of Helios, Fire magic, Light magic, small garden patch, basic warriors

>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>1379056
Undead...yuck

Focus on training up our Fire and light magic. We may need it.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1379056
Build beast pen
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1379056
Continue to train in combat
>>
>16. Focus on training light magic and fire magic.

Your villagers rapidly work to counter the Undead menace, working in growls they practice throwing fireballs and solid shards of light, producing infernos and blazing beams of pure sunlight. They even discover that proper application of fire magic can boost the power of a weapon temporarily

>All adult elves gain moderate ability with Solar and Fire magic. Can slightly imbue weapons with fire magic

>4. Build a beast pen

Your craftsmen again put their heads together on building a beast pen. They reinforce the walls and roof and bind them tightly with rawhide strips, unfortunately they don't sink the supports deep enough and a strong wind tips the structure over. Dammnit.

>13. Train in combat.

Your villagers spar for hours each day, strengthening their abilities with spear and bow. Their weapons may not be mastercrafted but against beast and primitive foes? Theyre deadly.

>Expert warriors with current weapons.

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>Pop-32

>Tech- Basic Flint spears, Basic Bows, Flint arrowheads, Fletching Crude clothes, improved Huts, wall of Flames, Temple of Helios, skilled Fire magic, skilled Light magic, small garden patch, expert warriors, nature magic

>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>1379256
Build some basic defenses?
A tower or two, a pit trap, maybe an escape tunnel of some kind?
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

Develop medicine
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>1379256
C'mon sun man, bless our Old Man with some good Nature Magick Pupils!
>>
>16. Village tower defense.

Your craftsmen decide to take another crack at making defenses. They sketch out plans in the dust and set to work. A solid palisade goes up around the village, tall poles backed by a walkway that allows villagers to stand upon the wall. Rows of torches spread light into the forest and allow watchfulness at all times. At each of the six corners of the village a watchtower springs up, towering twice the height of the wall. Magically enhanced torches burn bright as a noonday sun. Around the outside base of the palisade a spiked barrier is sunk into the ground, preventing it from being scaled.
>Basic Wall and watchtowers created.
>3. Medicine.

Again your nature mage and his pupils venture out into the forest. They find some strange mushrooms that seem to be... Looking... At them. When they move to pick a few they squeak loudly and a loud rustle in the bushes prompts the group to retreat back to the village, large shadowy figures following them the whole way.
>Myconids possibly angered.

>17. Nature mage school

Your nature mage sits atop his worn stump, watching his class as they finally make progress. Small flowers of various shades bloom from the soil and are growing rapidly under the gentle pulses of arcane energy. Even the nearly throttled student has improved, his flower seems to have developed small sharp teeth however and is nipping his fingers.

Your mage strokes his flowing beard. That COULD be useful.

>Nature magic improved. Floral Creature creation unlocked

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>Pop-32

>Tech- Basic Flint spears, Basic Bows, Flint arrowheads, Fletching Crude clothes, improved Huts, wall of Flames, Temple of Helios, skilled Fire magic, skilled Light magic, small garden patch, expert warriors, Improved nature magic, floral creature creation, basic wall, basic watchtowers.

>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>1379494
Find our best Nature Boy. Work more closely with him, so that we may have both a future leader in nature magic and a possible ambassador to the Myconoids.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1379494
>Pray to Helios for increased fertility
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

Hunt the undead for Helios
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1379494
Practice imbuing weapons with magic
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1379494
Build a food storage.
Smokehouse or cellar
>>
>>1379517
>>1379545
>>1379607
>>1379650
Well, we're a shit bunch of elves, aren't we?
>>
>>1379657
The Sun God must be angry

>>1379656
Just withdraw my roll, I vote for this slightly succesful roll
>>
>>1379665
Ok because Im feeling magnanimous.
>>
>Train Skilled nature mage.

Your elderly mage sits in front of his student, the young eleven man with heavily bandaged fingers due to his snapping tulip. The scowl on the elderly mages face could carve granite as the Young man fails to produce a tree without fangs or claws.

"Ow! Stop biting me you twiggy fuck!"

"Ugh... Again! You worthless moron"

>11. Build storage cellar.

Again your craftsmen put their collective brains together. Your food stores must be more protected than simple wooden baskets and leather sacks. A small hut is built atop a stone lined pit, the inside is cool and dark and dry, allowing the preservation of food after it is smoked or dried.

>Storehouse created.

>5. Hunt Undead for Helios.

Several of your hunters give praise to the noonday sun, venturing forth into the forest to hunt the vile Undead. They take their skill with solar magic, the ferocity of their flames and their skill at arms.

If only they could fucking FIND some Undead. they find nothing but rotten flesh and rags hung on thorns and brambles leading north.

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>Pop-32

>Tech- Basic Flint spears, Basic Bows, Flint arrowheads, Fletching Crude clothes, improved Huts, wall of Flames, Temple of Helios, skilled Fire magic, skilled Light magic, small garden patch, expert warriors, nature magic, storehouse

>>
Pop is 34. I keep forgetting to update it
>>
>>1379686
This might be a shit idea, but times seem desperate.
We should consider the possibility that Helios likes his elves well done.
Can our priestess ask the big man in the sky if he wants a sacrifice?
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>1379686
Build. Beast. Pen
>>
>>1379707
Im gonna go ahead and say Helios is more the "Dedication of a kill" sacrifice god than a "eleven sacrifice "god
>>
>>1379711
YOU KNOW WHAT. 4TH TIMES THE CHARM
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1379686
>Hunt the wolves
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

BACK UP BEAST PEN ROLL
Use nature magic or something to help
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1379713
Cool. Cool cool cool.
Summon our best hunter and send him out to bring back a direwolf for our Solar Savior.
>>
>>1379722
motherfuck, these adept fire magic elves are gonna get their shit handed to them by wolves.
>>
>>1379726
>>1379727
Same roll, and duplicate action (or close enough)

I'll support sending out the hunter for Helios Favor.
>>
>>1379738
Wolves the size of Horses
>>
>>1379743
... screamed the stable boy
>>
>>1379743
Domesticate the wolves.
>>
>10+8. Beast pen (multiple rolls)

Again the collective mental might of your craftsmen is wielded against the rebellious logs and stones. Three times they have been driven from the field of glorious construction. Not this day. This day they build!

Thick heavy logs, heavy stone, thick rope and rawhide bind them tightly. A mighty pen for any beasts you may capture.

>Beast pen created

>10+3. Holy Hunt. (Multiple rolls)

Helios visits your greatest hunter, a tall, muscular elf-man with black hair and wild eyes named Luca.

"My son. Venture forth into the wilds and bring unto your home the greatest of the Wolves. Alive. Bend it to your will and the beasts of this land may serve you with my favor."

Luca gathers his weapons and some dried meat and fruit and ventures out into the dark forest. Alone.

He tracks a wolf taller than any horse, a great shaggy, blackhaired beast with fangs like knives, a hide that could withstand arrows. With a rope of twisted vines Luca binds the great Direwolves feet in a trap. A lasso of rawhide binds shut its jaws.

Luca spends days breaking the will of this mighty wolf, bringing it under his heel. Eventually the beast calms and willingly follows its new master.

Luca rides into his home atop this back of the mighty wolf, spear held high to thunderous cheers and a blazing sun.

>Hero unit gained. Luca the wolfmaster.
>Beast taming unlocked.

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>Pop-35

>Tech- Basic Flint spears, Basic Bows, Flint arrowheads, Fletching Crude clothes, improved Huts, wall of Flames, Temple of Helios, skilled Fire magic, skilled Light magic, small garden patch, expert warriors, nature magic, beast pen, beast taming

>Important villagers- Elderly nature mage, Priestess of Helios. Luca the wolfmaster

>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>1379788
Yes, YES!
Now, lets see if we can make a plant with no desire to kill us. Train the younglings!
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1379788
Turn the wall of flames into a Wall of HOLY flames. To help satisfy Helios
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

Enhance Garden Patch

>>1379803
Well we clearly pull that off
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1379788
Scout with our new wolf. Surely we will be successful with a native this time.
>>
>19. Non-biting plants? But why?

Your elderly mage finally sits back, cackling in glee as his protege finally manages to produce a berry bush that doesn't bite, scratch, claw or even try to strangle!

"Aha my boy you did it! A perfectly normal.... Ah yes no teeth or eyes... Yes perfectly normal Heartfruit bush. Well done boy well done"

The apprentice blushes furiously, obviously overwhelmed by the praise
>Nature magic boosted, Floral creatures boosted.

>13. Holy firewalls.

Your priestess of Helios gracefully descends her temple. She inspects the walls of firepits and bonfires that light the dark forest around the village. With a wave of her hand the blaze bright blue and without heat to the faithful of Helios. To those that wish harm or serve dark powers? They have the heat of a thousand bonfires and can scorch bones to ash.

>Holy FireWall created. Automatically damages nearby evil units

>10. Enhance garden patch.

Using dark, fertile soil from the forest floor your nature mages expand the garden patch to twice its size, filling it with improved and healthier fruits and vegetables. With a few spells in the arcane tongue and a application of the apprentices significant power the crops bud in hours.

>garden upgraded to Farm. Pop +2 each turn

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>Pop-32

>Tech- Basic Flint spears, Basic Bows, Flint arrowheads, Fletching Crude clothes, improved Huts, Holy Firewall, Temple of Helios, skilled Fire magic, skilled Light magic, Farm, expert warriors, boosted nature magic, boosted Floral creatures, beast pen, beast taming

>Important villagers- Elderly nature mage, Priestess of Helios.Luca the Wolfmaster

>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>1379869
Let's find some undead to suplex.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>1379869
Tame more wolves.
>>
>>1379877
Whelp. Theyre dead.
>>
>>1379877
F
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1379869
Build a library, the information of tthe elderly nature mage needs to be preserved.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

Ask Helios if he minds us expanding to a holy pantheon.

If so
>Seek assestance from holy Gaia

if not
>increase spears

>>1379877
F
>>
>1. Undead hunt

A group of your hunters get it in their minds that they are prepared to remove the Undead menace (fermented berries may have been involved) they set off to the north and pick their way through brambles and thick tree cover into a small clearing with a stone lined tunnel leading deep into the earth. A pair of the hunters venture inside, their screams echo out moments later, cut off with wet gurgles. The remaining hunters turn tail and run, tearing recklessly through the forest as they are picked off one by one. Only one returns from the forest and he refuses to speak of the horrors he saw.
>-5 villagers
>Crypt found.

>12. Tame more wolves

Lucia leads several hunters into the woods, armed with traps of rawhide and sinew, nets of woven vines, muzzles made of tough, dry leather. They track a small pack of Direwolves and trap them in their burrow, subduing them one at a time, Luca's wolf rapidly dominates them, bending their will to the elves.
>Direwolves domesticated
>Direwolf warbeast unlocked
>Direwolf mount unlocked

>13. Library
Your nature mage sits atop his carefully carved stump chair and dictates his knowledge of magic and all forms of life and healing he knows of as exasperated elves shuffle off piles of thick, clay tablets inscribed with his knowledge. The building they go into is strong, sturdy, dry and safe. A depository for knowledge.

>Library gained

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>Pop-33

>Tech- Basic Flint spears, Basic Bows, Flint arrowheads, Fletching Crude clothes, improved Huts, Holy Firewall, Temple of Helios, skilled Fire magic, skilled Light magic, Farm, expert warriors, boosted nature magic, boosted Floral creatures, beast pen, beast taming, Domesticated Direwolves, Library

>Important villagers- Elderly nature mage, Priestess of Helios.Luca the Wolfmaster

Post a Reply.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>1379948
Can we use our big-ass Tree Temple as a vantage point to see what's in the distance?
>>
>>1379961
FINALLY
>>
>>1379961
>>1379970
YEAH, MY PLANS WORK!
SUPLEX THAT VISTA!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

Improve spears

>>1379970
I assumed as a haunted forest it wasnt going to be so easy to find anything. Like a trapped forever deal
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1379948
Time to increase fertility. Pray to a fertility goddess so that we can procreate quicker
>>
>>1379982
I don't even know how to write this critfail out
>>
>Ill continue this thread tomorrow guys :) be on the lookout for my next installment of Tainted Earth tomorrow around noon :)
>>
>>1380064
Goodnight OP, I am keen
>>
>>1380019

So either villagers try new spear prototypes on each other, or a great mind rises, makes a new spear that would revolutionise spears as we know them, but trips and falls on it while running to show it to someone. The spear breaks, and the great spear scientist dies before his time, taking the knowledge with him. That's my headcannon now
>>
>>1380547
I like the idea that a nature mage grew a stick for the craftsman to make a regular spear out of and while sharpening he's eaten by it.
>>
Hope to see more tommorow.
>>
>>1380064
Let us know when you're back m8.
>>
>>1380673
Im back just currently shipping some pigs to a guy up the road. Ill be back in an hour or two hopefully.
>>
>>1380682

Damn.......shipping pigs? You live next to me bro? My neighbor was doing that this morning.
>>
>>1380717
17 little shits for $0.87 a lbs averaging 69lbs
>>
>>1380736
Nice.

You aren't from Oklahoma are you?
>>
>>1380741
Nope. Kentucky :) land of bourbon, horses and meth
>>
>>1380741
Ah. OK here. Cattle, lakes, and meth. lol
>>
>>1380736
You topped out at .87 bro. That's about .20 higher than locally here.
>>
>>1380749
Selling privately is the secret. The guy wanted feeder pigs and .80 was too low for me and .90 was too high for him. He bit on .89 so I took it lmao
>>
>>1380759
.87 I meant.
>>
>15. Scout from the top of the Hellos temple

Your keenest eyed villagers report to the temple of Hellos at noon, offering praise to the solar God. They scale the wooden steps carved into the titanic oak and quickly rise high above the trees. A hundred feet. Two hundred. Three. They feel as though they could reach out and touch the clouds drifting by. The ptriestess of Helios joins them, aiding their eyes with her magic. They see far and learn much of the surrounding terrain.
>Forest continues to the North, Mists deepen and the forest seems.... Darker
>To the south the Forest seems to end at a faint.. Shimmering blueness.
>To the west a series of misty peaks rise from the forest floor, their caps are snowy white
>To the east a faint expanse of light green can be seen in the far distance

>1. Spear Troubles

One of your craftsmen is struck by a idea in the night. He rushes from bed and begins working on a new spear design, a sturdy and devastating weapon. All through the early hours he works and finally completes a masterpiece, a spear of exquisite perfection. As he rejoices he suddenly realizes he is in front of the village with no pants.

With a start the panicked craftsmen wakes from his dream, his magnum opus spear quickly forgotten as he assures himself, nobody saw his donger.

>14. Fertility time.

Your young women and men of the tribe who seem to have trouble conceiving begin offering prayer to any Fertility goddesses that may be listening. They offer nourishing foods and soft fabrics into a small altar at the blessing of Helios's priestess. The sun god encourages worship of the pantheon as long as he is not ignored. Before long a small voice whispers in the back of a particularly fervent young elfwoman.

"My sweet child, thank you for your kind faith. You wish to feel the quickening of life within you? More darling children and new life? Ah this is within my power. Take the blessing of Tela and be fruitful"

The young woman gasps, her body surging with energy as her mind floods with knowledge. A small sensation in her belly brings tears of joy as she realizes her wishes have come true and her mates seed took root.
>Blessing of Tela. Increased fertility and Crop growth. +3 pop.
>Priestess of Tela gained.

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>Pop-37

>Tech-
Basic Flint spears,
Basic Bows,
Flint arrowheads,
Fletching
Crude clothes,
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
skilled Fire magic,
skilled Light magic,
Farm,
expert warriors,
boosted nature magic,
boosted Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela

>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>1380829
The undead menace will not stop unti it is weeded out with holy fire.
Organize an expedition to the crypt.
Bring sun and fire mages.
>>
>>1380843
Would you like to bring a hero unit along? You currently have 1.
>>
>>1380869
I guess bringing the priestess of Helios around wouldn't be a bad idea.
>>
>>1380896
The priestess actually isnt a hero unit, just a important villager. Luca the Wolfmaster is the Hero unit you currently have
>>
>>1380921
Wolves and cavalry aren't that useful in a crypt's small hallways and restricted spaces, so no.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>1380829
Explore towards the mountains

Glad your back
>>
>>1380933
... every time.
>>
>>1380941
THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR NOT PRAISING THE SUN
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1380948
PRAISE TO THE SUN!
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

Seek the blessing of keke,

Or improve clothes
>>
>>1380953
WHY!?
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>1380829
Burn that lair of undead
>>
>17. UNDEAD PURGE

the lives of your scouts and hunters will no longer be in danger of the undead menace. A group of twenty set out, blessed by the priestess of Helios and carrying weapons imbued with Light and Fire. They burn a direct path through the forest, searing away the occasional zombie or skeleton with jets of blue flame.

At last they come upon the crypt entrance, the bodies of their fallen hunters and scouts standing before them, mangled and torn but holding cracked and chipped spears in clammy hands. With a gurgling groan the zombies shuffle forward and are met by flaming arrows and bursts of holy light.

They fall in smoldering heaps, fingers twitching as they cook. Your warriors bind rags soaked in cleansing herbs over their mouths and venture into the dank crypt. Occsssionally a skeleton or zombie steps out of a passage in a shamble but is quickly cut down. Leaving a trail of enhanced torches in their path they cut through the stumbling corpses and eventually find a large open chamber with a sealed sarcophogus in the center mounted with a large green gem.

a large group of skeletons armed with simple iron weapons stand before the sarcophogus in a defensive position. With a wordless rattle they charge and are met with a flurry of flaming spears and arrows, lances of sunlight and torrents of flame, reducing them to scorched bones and glowing red weapons. Your images surround the sarcophogus and bathe it in flame and light, the foul presence within screeching as it is incinerated. The gem atop the tomb glows brightly and splits asunder, releasing a sickly green specter that fades away with a howl of rage.
>Crypt cleared. Undead vanquished. Lich and phylactery destroyed. Iron weapons looted (swords and axes)

>2. Scout mountains

A pair of your scouts head off toward the peaks in the distance. They arm lightly and carry food and drink. They set off after offering praise to Helios and make a quick pace into the brush.
They do not return.
>-2 pop

>3. Make better clothes

Your female villagers get together with the craftsmen and put their heads together. In the absence of available cloth they attempt to make clothes out of broad leaves glued in layers and held on with small vines.

The leaf tunics hold together well until it is discovered the vines cause painful itching and hives in the nether regions.

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>Pop-40

>Tech-
Basic Flint spears,
Basic Bows,
Flint arrowheads,
Fletching
Crude clothes,
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
skilled Fire magic,
skilled Light magic,
Farm-+2 pop
expert warriors,
boosted nature magic,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Looted iron weapons
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela

>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1381001

Weapon research. Let's make better quality bows and spears. I dont' want to rely on magic too much
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1381001
Study the nature of the tools we looted. What kind of strange material are they made of?

Basically study iron.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>1381001
Have the nature mage inspect these strange metal weapons
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>1381001
Look for ore deposits. Iron, copper, tin... mythril? Maybe a washed out cliff somewhere near a river, or at the beginings of the mountain range nearest to the village.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1381001

Have the elderly nature mage study the phenomenon of petrified wood.
>>
>>1381024
Looking at the other posts I think I might have jumped the gun. Are we aware of things like metals and are just a bunch of backwater elves that don't have any metal, or are we in an age so primitive, that we don't even know things like that exist prior to stumbling onto some iron tools?
>>
>>1381026
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>1381028
A group of isolated, wandering nomad elves that are slowly getting their shit in order
>>
>>1381041

The process in which trees turn to stone. If he could learn the cause of this we could have long term housing and strong building materials.
>>
>>1381044
What I meant to ask is the development level of the world at large. Are the largest cities pre roman empire level, early midle ages, victorian or somewhere in between?
>>
>>1381059
I want to know, since it wouldn't make sence if we're in an age where smithing is still a well guarded secret that only a chosen few are allowed to learn and we sudenly decide to go look for ores without having any way to know what that is, how it looks like or how to shape it if we did.
>>
>>1381053
Oh ok :)
>>
>>1381068
The setting is late-medieval tech. Smithing and mettalurgy is known, your tribe just hasn't had access to it yet.
>>
>Improve weapons.

Your warriors and craftsmen again put their heads together and attempt to improve your current weapon designs. Different spear heads and shaft designs are tested, new bow types are drafted and thrown away. They don't make a bit of progress yet but the believe they are close to a breakthrough

>8+5. Study iron weapons (Similar rolls stack)

Your craftsmen and msges cluster around the looted weapons from the crypt. They are in poor shape for the most part, chipped, bent and rusted yet they are sturdy and capable of vicious wounds. They cannot make heads or tails of the material however until the elderly nature mage offers his knowledge.
"Tis iron you twits. Forged a couple centuries ago from the rust most likely. Much better than the sticks and rocks we've been using. If we found some ore we may be able to make some if we're lucky. For the life of me I can't remember what the damn ore looks like. Red rock I think"

>16. Search for ore deposits.

Your scouts fan out far and wide, in teams of 3 they search for any rocks that glimmer or seem... Metallic. They find multiple deposits but they don't know them from regular gravel and bring back small samples
>mysterious ores discovered.

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>Pop-45

>Tech-
Basic Flint spears,
Basic Bows,
Flint arrowheads,
Fletching
Crude clothes,
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
skilled Fire magic,
skilled Light magic,
Farm,
expert warriors,
boosted nature magic,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela

>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1381122
Turn the undead crypt into a temple to the sun god, and see if they have any other tech or learning
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>1381122
Go through the ores, trying to shape them into tools. If it turns out that we have diferent ores, try to mix and mach them into alloys as well. If not, then just iron is fine too for now.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>1381135
Must have.
>>
>>1381142
I'll just be quiet from now on...
>>
>>1381148
similar rolls add
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1381122
We're making slow progress on this new metal...let's try it again.

Improve weapons using new metal
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1381122

Have the Elderly Nature mage reach out to the god of Nature, see if he can provide some insights into the forest around us
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

omg.
>>
>Sorry guys I was making some food and on the phone with my brother.

>10. Crypt to Temple renovation

The priestess of Helios, upon learning of the cleansing of the crypt leads her most faithful and the most talented craaftsmen to the crypt. With prayer to Helios and the proper application of light and fire magic the crypt is brightly lit, the evil magic scorched away. The center chamber is cleared and the walls inscribed with praise to Helios and artwork depicting the tribes warriors slaying the Lich. As they toil they find several stores of tools and weapons, all made of rusted iron save for a long spear of black wood, its shining spear head glowing with a faint nimbus of energy
>Crypt converted into Small Temple of Helios.
>Blessing of Helios increased. Adept Fire magic and light magic research available

>7+2. Attempt to work Ores.

Your craftsmen pick through the selection of ores the scouts brought back and fiddle with them, they hit some with wooden mallets, submerge them in water, even rub them on their spear heads. All with no luck.

In frustration one craftsman casts a ferocious fire spell on a pile of ores. After the onslaught ceases he sees small, glowing drops dripping from the glowing red stones.

"Now what's this then?..."

>4

Your nature mages sit in their hut, focusing on a small altar decorated with moss, mushrooms and animal bones, praying to Ethaz, god of the wood.

While they know theyre god is listening his voice cannot seem to pierce the miasma of the Haunted wood. Perhaps another day.

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>Pop-50

>Tech-
Basic Flint spears,
Basic Bows,
Flint arrowheads,
Fletching
Crude clothes,
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
skilled Fire magic,
skilled Light magic,
Farm,
expert warriors,
boosted nature magic,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela

>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1381298

Continue reaching for the God of the Wood, seems like a key figure for the elves to be in touch with
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>1381298
>research greater levels of light and fire magic

Praise Helios
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>1381298

Keep working metal. Possibly even getting the priests involved and seeing if the metal accepts magic well.

>Improve weapons/metals
>>
>>1381362
fuck me.........

>hey priest, check this metal out
>accidentally stab priest
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1381362
it does not take to magic i think

roll to save?
>>
>Sorry about the Delay, my phone died on me.

>14. Prayers to Ethaz

Your nature mages redouble their efforts, mumbling prayers in the arcane tongue as they reach for the presence of the Green god.

Suddenly your elderly mage gives a wordless cry as a presence of distilled *LIFE* enters his mind, speaking in a voice of rustling leaves and burbling water.
"Ah, finally you hear me. I was worried the foul presence of this cursed forest was preventing my voice from reaching you. Your efforts have not gone unnoticed by me. I already showed you a small boon, the living flora. Make use of them as you will. Know that as long as you respect the wood, you have the blessing of Ethaz."

The old mage relaxes as the presence withdraws, leaving him feeling sixty years younger.

>Blessing of Ethaz acquired. Increased Nature magic abilities and Floral creations.

>12. PRAISE HELIOS BITCHES.

Your priestess of Helios leads her small group of powerful solar and flame mages as they practice their art. Fireballs gradually become lances of solid flame. Streams of flame become blades. Broad blasts of light become focused beams that can burn through flesh. Truly their craft is powerful under the blessing of the Sun god

>Advanced Flame and Light magic created. Helios is pleased

>1. Implement magic in the research of the iron weapons.

Your craftsmen and mages apply their collective genius to solving the riddle of these new weapons. A certain enterprising pair have taken to infusing raw arcane might into a iron sword in an attempt to... Well not even THEY know what their plan was. suddenly the blade begins glowing white and vibrating. The mage rapidly abandons his partner and runs for the door of their workshop. He can't outrun the detonation
>>
>>1381697
>shit I posted early by accident

As the shack is consumed in a roilinh fireball of arcane might. Neither survive.
-2 villagers

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>Pop-53

>Tech-
Basic Flint spears,
Basic Bows,
Flint arrowheads,
Fletching
Crude clothes,
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Blessing of Ethaz- boosts nature magic and healing.

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela

>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1381707
Create screaming tulips that alert us to any trespassers.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>1381707
Practice creating sentient plants
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1381707

Research spirit magic
>>
>9+7. Floral creation time

Your younger mage sits across from the older one, shock plain across his face.
"Wait... Youre telling me... You.. You WANT me to make more of those mean ass plants? Why?"

Your elderly mage rubs his temples, this is going to take a while.
"Because, my boy, even the most seemingly useless and wrong of creations may become useful. I mean, look at you!"

The younger mage smiles and nods before the implications sink in
"Ah well thank you mas- What? Hey!"

The two nature mages begin walking around the village, raising strange new plants from the berries and flowers and trees. Some become stationary alarms, squealing in rage if an attacker is sensed. Some become roving guards, leaping upon enemies in a tumble of thorns, fangs and claws. A select few trees become massive guardians similar to Treants, their bodies made of thick, hard wood and their clublike arms lined with long thorns
>Floral constructs created
>ShriekBerries
>WolfThorn
>Oak Guardians

>11. Research spirit magic

One of your more, misunderstood, elves begins working in secret. He seeks to understand the efforts of the Lich of the crypt and ensure none of that evil befalls his beloved village. One night, after meditation he has a breakthrough and manages to conjure and ethereal mist for a few moments. With practice he may gain more control over this... Spirit magic.

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop-58

>Tech-
Basic Flint spears,
Basic Bows,
Flint arrowheads,
Fletching
Crude clothes,
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Crude spirit magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela

>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1381823

Spirit Magic, with having control over it we should have more control over the forest
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1381823
More buildings for our growing population
or if that's an automatic thing, improve our buildings.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1381823
Let's take a turn off, and relax/celebrate a bit. Hopefully it turns into a celebration where we get some babies on the way
>>
>>1381840
Automatic for more structures.
>>
>13. MOAR SPIRIT MAGIC

your loner elf continues his research into spirit magic, practicing day and night he is eventually able to summon persistent mists that cloud the eyes of all those caught inside unless he wishes it. He manages to create a small dart of pure spirit energy and uses it to shoot a crow from the sky, he hurriedly takes its corpse for "Research"
>Basic Spirit magic Unlocked

>5. Improved buildings?

Your craftsmen turn their attentions once more to the housing issue. They cut additional sod and wood and reinforce the walls and floors of the houses, adding additional rooms and basements to several.

That night however the sod is warmed by the fires inside the houses and the slumbering creatures inside them awake. Swarms of crawling insects emerge, creeping and biting heedlessly. Several elves resort to using their fire magic in panic and a few homes are set alight in the panic.

>13. Festival time

Your priests, village elders and Luca have an idea, a grand festival to celebrate their successes so far and give praise to Helios, Tela and Ethaz.

The villagers take to the idea of a festival and begin setting up vast trays of food and strong drink, effigies of all three gods are constructed and decorated with flowers, torches and cloth.

The celebration goes on until nearly dawn the next day and leaves everyone hungover, sore and in many of the females cases.. Fertilized.
>+20 pop

The festival is such a hit however it is decided to be a monthly occurance to blow off steam and praise the gods

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop-83

>Tech-
Basic Flint spears,
Basic Bows,
Flint arrowheads,
Fletching
Crude clothes,
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Basic spirit magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela

>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1381904

Weapon upgrades. Either better bows/spears, or better metals

>Weapon/armor research

Have we researched even basic leather armor?
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>1381904

Oh dear, I didn't want us to get into skin and bones Necromancy. Was trying to aim more for commune with spirits and control the mists so of deal. Ah well, nothing for it, lets see how crazy this mofo can get, MOAR SPIRITS
>>
>>1381945
Nope nobody has suggested armor at all
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>1381959
No worries.......i'm stuck on 1's and 3's again.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1381945
>>1381959
I guess research armor
>>
>3+8. Better weapons

Your warriors again consult your craftsmen, seeking to improve their weapons. New spearheads are designed, crafted to punch deep into flesh and slash open soft bodies. The bows are upgraded, increasing their range and accuracy further. In some cases runes are inscribed upon the spear and arrow shafts, enhancing their potential to be enhanced with magic
>advanced flint spears created
>Advanced bows created

>19. SPIRIT MAGIC GOOOOO

Your Spiritually adept elven mage sets himself across from the corpse of the fallen crow. He reaches deep into the immaterial realm and pulls forth the soul of the fallen creature. A transparent, vaporous, skeletal crow appears, fluttering around his home before roosting on his shoulder
"quork?" it squawks in his ear. He suddenly lurches, seeing his home, his FACE from the crows eyes.
>Adept Spirit magic unlocked. Allows spiritual familiars and commune with the immaterial.

>9. Research armor.

Your craftsmen and seamstresses put their heads together and begin putting together plans for armoring the tribes warriors and hunters. They entertain several ideas but leather reinforcement upon the chest, arms, back and thighs seems to be the consensus. They make no real progress but believe next time will be successful

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop-88

>Tech-
Advanced Flint spears,
Advanced Bows,
Flint arrowheads,
Fletching
Crude clothes,
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Blessing of Ethaz- boosts nature magic and healing
Adept spirit magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Spirit mage

>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1382220
>They make no real progress but believe next time will be successful

Alright then, we'll give it another go. I'd like something more than fig leaves to protect us.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1382220

Introduce Spirit Magic to the greater community emphasizing it's utility and turning a weapon used against us to our own benefit
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1382220
>>1382225
Better clothing as well then the horrid, stinky rags we've been wearing this whole time.
>>
>>1382248
Im a little fuzzy myself on the uses of spirit magic. Is it necromancy or illusion?
>>
>>1382270

As I understand it it's necromancy, we've been having a real tough time with it in the haunted forest
>>
>>1382270
I think it's more illusion and enchantment. Maybe a small amount of necromancy insofar as it deals with the non living.
>>
>>1382270
From what i understand it allows you to speak to the dead, we can start a ancestral culture with this.
>>
>10. Create armor

Again your seamstresses and craftsmen attempt to create some protective garb for your warriors and hunters. They begin sewing layers of leather to new, cloth backing and implementing straps to hold it in place. Its not much but vastly better than nothing.
>Basic leather armor created

>10. Introduce spirit magic to the masses

Your Spiritually inclined elven mage tentatively steps into the village center near noon. He offers a quick prayer to Helios and claps his hands loudly, gathering attention.
"Ahem... Pe-people?! I-I have an announcement to ma-make.. Ive been...um ..experimenting... With...uh... Sp-spirit magic. Ive gotten ki-kinda good at it i guess. I just wanted to...uh...let you know..in case anybody...um wanted to... Learn?" he flushes beet red as the elderly nature mage walks up, stroking his long beard in thought.

He nearly scares the poor spirit mage to death by clapping him on the shoulder and laughing loudly
"Good for you lad! Tricky bit of business the spirit realm. Im sure some would love to learn from a natural prodigy like you!"

The terrified spirit mage is nearly drowned in a torrent of congratulations and praise.
>Spirit magic is accepted

>13. Better clothing.

Your seamstresses put their heads together and work round the clock, refusing to accept failure they crank out project after project. They finally settle on soft, supple tanned leather back with rabbit fur and soft squirell tails.
>Basic clothes created

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop- 93

>Tech-
Advanced Flint spears,
Advanced Bows,
Flint arrowheads,
Fletching
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Adept spirit magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Spirit mage

>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1382561
Perhaps this is over ambitious, but if our nature mages can animate plants, could we make armor from wood, and have them animate it so as to work in concert with its wearer, increasing his strength?
>>
>>1382603
Possibly. It can be researched
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>1382561
Luca need to do some work. Let's have him and is Bark Boys adventure towards that prairie we saw from the tree.
>>
>>1382621
bark boys?
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>1382561
Try communing with the dead ancestors.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1382603

Supporting this
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1382603
supporting bark armor
>>
>11. Organic power armor?

Your nature mages are struck by an idea one day as they watch a large ant dragging a dead beetle many times its size. Its exosekelton supplying great strength despite its size

Eureka!

Your mages rapidly set to shaping wooden plates into gauntlets, chest pieces, back guard, pauldrons and greaves. A willing volunteer dons the rune carved wood and with the application of a bit of nature magic to spark the enchantment thin tendrils of living wood sprout, connecting the armor pieces together and bracing the elves arms, back and legs while protecting his chest and neck. He braces his arm against a tree as he stumbles and yells in shock as the tree begins to lean, roots cracking from the great force he is exerting
>Organic power armor created (increases strength)

>7. Luca and his wolf riders scout the prairie.

Luca leaps upon his mighty wolf, his curiosity gaining the better of him as he gathers a pack of his wolf riders and leads them away toward the distant prairie. They cover the miles quickly and eventually they make their way through the walls of mists around the edge of the haunted forest.

The prairie is endless, rolling green. Large herds of fat beasts wander by, snorting curiously at the new arrivals. Your scouts move forward but a group of deeply tanned elves rush forward on gangly legged beasts, firing short bows as they come. Your scouts fall back in shock as one of their number is wounded
>Plains discovered.
>Plains Elves discovered-Hostile

>7. Commune with the fallen.

Your spirit mage sits in his hut, rolling a jumble of bones and crystal laden stones in his hand as he attempts to make contact with the fallen of the tribe. Faint voices and murmurs reach him but he can't make out anything specific.

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop- 98

>Tech-
Advanced Flint spears,
Advanced Bows,
Flint arrowheads,
Fletching
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Adept spirit magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians
Organic power armor

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Spirit mage

>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1382816
Continue to reach your ancestors using spirit magic
>>
>>1382827
Shit. I didn't mean to post that picture
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>1382816
We should show the plains elves that we are not to be attacked. If Helios can give us power in the shadowy forests, surely the power of the Sun can be even more impressive on sunny plains. Our Priestess should provide them a demonstration of our god's power, with Luca and our other fighters protecting her.
>>
>>1382888
well fuck
>>
>>1382888
Lel. Elven Khalasar sound fun?
>>
Like last night, im calling for the night on a 1. I shall return tomorrow :)
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>1382816
Improve huts
>>
>>1382986
mother of fuck our infrastrcutre needs to be improved
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

The dice are cruel today. Playrolling for damage control.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1382816
Set up some sanitation.
A bath house and a sepparate public toilet.
Preferably have our nature mages grow the constructs as an experiment in magic architecture.
>>
For when you come back, we should teach our warriors how to scale the tree's and set up ambushes. If we end up at war with the Plain Elves, we need some advantage in our home turf
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

Forgot to roll lel
>>
Welp. Shit.
>"look ma, no hands!"
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1383347
>>1383345
>>1383093
>>1382986
>>1382888
>>1382827
We should stop rolling straight away and try to support some of the others so we don't expirience setbacks all the time.
The dice-gods are angry.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>1382827
>>1382986
>>1383093
>>1383345
>>1383347
>>1383349
>>1382888

This tirn is a complete disaster.
I can only hope OP takes mecy on us and says a giant storm or something came through preventing us from actually doing any of this
>>
We should clearly use spirit familiars to perform aerial surveys before sending scouting teams supported by Dire wolfs.

Teams will be 6 elves strong and advance from covered position to covered position.

Develop magma bombs that we can drop from spirit familiars for air support, and smaller versions for use as grenades.

Begin the final campaign.
>>
>>1383413
Yes, we will enslave them, put them in camps, I'm sure they could all do with a good... shower...
but in all seriousness we've found pretty close by elves, we should make a big federation of elven averageness
>>
>>1383426
Or you know like normal conquerors kill their men and take their women.
>>
>>1383426
A 2 for first contact bodes ill
>>
Rolled 11, 14, 20, 9, 19, 16, 20, 18, 19, 3 = 149 (10d20)

Dice-Test-bumb.
>>
>>1383479
You took all the good dice after all the bad. Good job.
>>
Rolled 1, 3, 15, 1, 6, 9, 12, 2, 12, 8 = 69 (10d20)

>>1383479
Dice fortune reversal kata
>>
Rolled 14, 1, 17, 4, 13, 17, 11, 4, 3, 19 = 103 (10d20)

>>1383607
you sure showed me
>>
File: tegaki.png (5KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
5KB, 500x500px
hopefully OP will be back soon, civ quest is fun
>>
Hey guys, im not dead, just busy :) I shall return shortly. Feel free to post ideas and discuss plans. No idea is a dumb idea.
>>
>>1383699
Yay!

Allright.
Suggesting the idea of setting up a labyrinth with the magic plants we have and then lure the plains elves inside to capture their women and get rid of their men.
>>
we're all elves, we should band together so that when something bigger inevitably comes, it doesn't completely destroy both of us

we don't have to like eachother of course, it can be like a france-britain thing, where we're allies, but just kinda hate eachother
>>
>>1383710
Exactly.
That's why we need a stretch of ocean between us to separate us.
Or in this case a labyrinth of magical plants.
>>
>>1383743
i'm sure we can get an earth mage and a water mage and just create a canyon between us then fill it with water

like full on Avatar style
>>
>>1383743
I say we wipe out those thrice damned dark skinned abominations who dare call themselves elves. Kill the men to the last, and take their women as slaves and breed them out of existence.
>>
>>1383707
i support this with an extra that we have those women for breeding and we asimmilate them into our tribe after a few generations of interbreeding those women are going to be breeding cows we can most likley get milk from them
>>
>>1383788
>>>>>/d/

How about we keep it to the normal slave-brides, Roman style?
>>
>>1383795
how do you mean? can you explane the roman style?
>>
>>1383813
Slaves were not exploited completely and could earn back their freedom.
Captured women would often remain concubines or wives of their masters.
>>
>>1383823
how about we treat it like a religious merit system?

slaves are lowest rung, they work very hard. but by paying attention to the sun priest lectures they can test upward into higher rungs. the upper echelons of society require serious acta of devotion even for native elves.
>>
>>1383845
Non-Inheritable Citizenship through service you mean?
I can dig that meritocracy.
>>
>>1383857

I would be down but once you're a citizen you're children should be citizens as well.

And the tests should be expanded along the pantheon as a whole, that way we can get a theological meritocracy, the best suited priests for the best suited gods
>>
>>1383863
>I would be down but once you're a citizen you're children should be citizens as well.

That's what Romans did and turned their kids into wimps who let Germanics run their military.

A militant meritocracy focused on progressing their own society and pantheon should be our goal.
>>
>>1383885

So would you aim more for a Starship Troopers vibe? Where in order to become a citizen you need to serve in the military or be clergy? Everybody is born at the same level and through dedication you can raise yourself above it
>>
>>1383902
That's about it.
Either military , religieous or intelectual service needs to be achieved before one has the right to vote on anything.
It's just like turning 18 a bit later after going through certain expiriences first.
This also promotes a better work ethic and the value of the ability to speak up publicly.

I'm sure there's flaws in that kind of society as well but its merits cover for it.
>>
>>1383885
>>1383845
>>1383857
>>1383863

No. Dont let nigger elves in our civ
>>
>>1383938

That sounds fine by me, military, religious and intellectual service would certainly work for now. If we make it to the point of early capitalism we should open up voting slots for Guild Leaders so that merchants can have a voice as well but that's for later down the line
>>
>>1383970
>deeply tanned

Uh, we're not?
>>
>>1383970
They are plains elves, not drow.
So they have a copper tan at worst.

Also COLONIZING makes sure the male genes get passed on which are more important in the regards to the extremes of the intelectual bell curve.
>>
OP bby pls come home
>>
>Ok niggers im back. You better lube the fuck up because this update is gonna hurt.

>3. Attempt to commune with the dead once more.

Your young spirit mage attempts once more to contact the fallen and ancestors of the tribe. He mutters the arcane tongue over a handful of knucklebones and crystal laden rocks, imbuing them with his power.

He succeeds in making contact with the spirit realm for a moment, the shock and excitement lowering his guard long enough for a mischievous spirit to emerge and wreak havoc upon his hut before he can dismiss it

>1. show of force

Upon the border of the haunted forest and the plains your warriors and wolf riders emerge, backed by priests and mages wrapped in flowing robes. They are led by Luca the Wolfmaster and the priestess of Helios, as Luca raises his Spear and shouts his challenge the warriors around him follow likewise, the mages and priests firing blasts of fire and light into the sky. Your priestess of Helios steps forward as a large party of the mounted plains elves approach at full speed.

With a wave of her hand the ground before them bursts into flame and causes their steeds to wheel with shrieks of fear. Their riders desperately tug on the reins and shout in a guttural tongue.

Your priestess clasps her hands together smugly
"Good folk of the plains. We desire no conflict with you. We wish only to bring you into our fold and under the watchful eye of He-Aahh!!"
She cuts off with a pained groan, collapsing backward with a barbed arrow lodged in her shoulder

A storm of the painful barbs descends upon your warriors and mages, several falling limp upon the ground, feathered with shafts.

>-8 villagers.
>Plains elves openly hostile

>2. Improve huts.

Your craftsmen sit at the site of their latest bungle and try to figure out where it went wrong. The house wasnt made of insect laden sod. It wasnt infested with vermin. The wood wasnt soaked in flammable oil. They did everything right EXCEPT check if the trees they had cut weren't infused with necrotic energy and didn't sprout ghostly fingers in every direction when they were cut into boards. They look at the softly moaning pile of burning timber and shake their heads as one

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop- 95

>Tech-
Advanced Flint spears,
Advanced Bows,
Flint arrowheads,
Fletching
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Adept spirit magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Spirit mage

>>
>>1383788
You ok anon?
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>1384325

>Further Research into Bark Armor

We need to make the enchantment permanent and signatured to the user
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

attempt to make amends with the plain elves with gifts of food
>>
>>1384352

Nonsense, they have struck our high priestess of the sun god, now they shall burn in the holy retribution of his fires

Where is that screencap about the Balkan Elves when you need it
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1384325
Pray to sun god to smite plains elves
>>
File: Elf.png (63KB, 1235x474px) Image search: [Google]
Elf.png
63KB, 1235x474px
>>1384368
You mean this?
>>
>>1384391

That's the one, we shall never forget this slight, throughout the millenniums that pass
>>
>Whats up niggas, sorry I had familial responsibilities pop up and fuck me in my free time. Hard. Give me a bit and ill post some updates :)
>>
>>1384966

No worries mate
>>
We should improve the bark armor to function without a user, an organic robot soldier of sorts
>>
>>1385043
When our spirit mage is strong enough he could imbue the armor with the souls of our fallen soldiers
>>
>>1385060

>inb4 Waithbone Construct
>>
Things to consider for civilization. The Ironwood spell. using spirit familiars as scouts. quartz arroeheads infused with light magic.
>>
>>1385066
You mean Wraithbark
>>
>>1385060
To add to this, they should be able to shoot beams of light/sun
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>1384391
I remember this thread.
Was a fun shitstorm... Until they started banning an anon when he made Muslim Orcs while being completely fine with Mongol Orcs and KANGZ Orcs.
Can't reason with sjw-nazi mods on /tg/.

>>1384325
Get plant mages to start raising the forest labyrinth carefully step by step.
>>
>Hey guys! Sorry for being a shit up last night. I got home later than I meant to and didn't post the update, I just wrote it out -_- but I'm back one so lets party you fucks.

>8. Further research magical bark armor

Your nature mages fiddle with the enchanted circles and segments of wood that expand into the magical wooden armor. They speculate that they may be able to make the enchantment more powerful and permanent, its current state the magical charge depletes far too quickly. They make small amounts of progress but no breakthroughs

>Conflicting rolls, Taking the Higher.
>14. SMITE THE HEATHENS HELLOS

Your priestess stands atop the temple of Helios, staring at the plains where she was wounded. Her shoulder bandaged and her eyes glowing with divine fire, She raises her good arm and offers prayer and praise to Helios in the arcane tongue.

Far above a figure of our light, a outline of flame around a glowing nimbus, a god of flame and light answers those prayers. A bow of pure light draws back and releases a storm of divine arrows. They fall upon the herds and villages of the plains elves, bringing with them fire and ruin.

Your priestess smiles as she watches the rain of fire upon the enemies of Helios.
>Plains elves smote by Helios. They are weakened and disorganized.

>19. Labyrinthine forest

Your nature mages stroll throughout the nearby forest, chanting in the arcane tongue as they send out their magic in steady pulses. Trees and bramble grow thick along the paths, winding turns and dead ends coming into form. The forest around the village becomes a maze to those who do not inhabit it. Wolfthorn and Oak guardians stand ready, embedded in the surrounding foliage, ready to strike out against any intruders
>Forest Labyrinth created.

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop- 100

>Tech-
Advanced Flint spears,
Advanced Bows,
Flint arrowheads,
Fletching
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Adept spirit magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians
Forest Labyrinth

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Spirit mage

>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1386452
Build a forge for armor and test the metals we found. We have little need for conventional weapons with our magic but metal armors should help greatly when grafted onto the wooden power armkr
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>1386452
Research some metal!
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1386452

Commune with our Ancestor Spirits

(See if they would be willing to help fight and protect our village or if that would fuck up their afterlife, I was thinking about seeding our labyrinth with them first and then seeing if they can inhabit the planned Wraithbark)
>>
>>1386470
>>1386483
>>1386493

God damn, this quests dice distribution is all sorts of fucked, I know that it's random chance every time but still
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>1386452
>attack the plains elves
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1386584
Kill the infadel
>>
File: 12814622459.jpg (8KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
12814622459.jpg
8KB, 310x163px
Rolled 4 (1d20)

Develop metal.
>>
OP is banned so they can't post yet.
They'll be back later or tomorrow.
>>
>>1386867

Da fuck

What's the ban for?
>>
>>1386867
WHY?
>>
hey people, quick question. Since we seem to not be able to to figure out metal for the life of us do you think we should maybe focus on using bone weapons and tools enhanced by spirt magic or maybe have our nature mages figure out how to grow iron wood or something, hell maybe just go full sun god and make it that all our weapons we just form from our will and fire. Or possibly a mixture of all the above. What do you guys think?
>>
>>1387469

That sounds like a much better direction to turn, especially given the lack of ore in the area in the first place
>>
>>1387469
After we wipe out the tan elves we could use all their bones as a resource
>>
>>1387469
FIREWOOD WEAPONS!

Magically enchanted spears and staves for melee and arrows for ranged.

The plains elves will never see it comming when a simple wooden stick sets them on fire!

All hail the STICK!
>>
>>1388712
Sounds awesome
>>
if we can bless bone with spirt magic I suggest adding bones to our wood power armor like bone claws and maybe a deer's skull with antlered skulls for more important fighters... which then we can enchant the horns to be on fire to add intimidation to the mix.
>>
So much for
">Unlike every other Up these days, I don't fucking bail"
>>
>>1389297
Im back I actually got unb& about an hour ago.
>>
>>1389300
Well don't I feel like a royal cock gobbler.
>>
>4Chan is a fuck about b&'ing me randomly but im back and ready to party

>3+6. Study metal. Fourth times the charm (similar rolls stack.)

Your craftsmen who had fireballed the pile of ores has been working non stop on a secret project. A squarish box of rough clay bricks and a small trough of clay hold a pile of burning charcoal. Embedded within the pile is a large selection of the ores. The stones glow red and as the proud craftsman watches the molten metal drips down the trough and collects into a small mold.

This could be interesting.
>Metal discovered. You will require further research but you will be able to craft basic metal tools (copper, iron, etc) once a steady supply is secured and forging is researched.

>10. Commune with ancestors again.

Your young spirit mage kneels in his tent, a eleven skull embedded with a large quartz crystal in his hands. He chants loudly in the arcane tongue, his voice echoing into the immaterial realms. His chant reaches a crescendo, the incorporeal crow on his shoulder quork'ing nervously as a rent in the the air opens, swirling with spiritual energy.

A ghostly figure emerges,an elven warrior of ages past, flesh long since rotted away and replaced with swirling energy and crimson flame over ancient bones and cracked armor.

"To walk among the living... And Guard my people once more....you honor me..." says the Wraith in a voice of crackling bone and smoke.

>Wraiths can be summoned. Warriors of ages past they can be imbued into magical weapons or used to defend the Village. Can be damaged and banished by magic or silver weapons.

>15. Attack the plains elves.

Luca sits atop his great wolf, spear raised as his warparty comes to a halt behind him. Fifty elven warriors, hunters and mages stand behind him, Many mounted upon the great direwolves. They clutch spears and bows, stone axes and knives, their faces smeared with war paint and their eyes hard.

They stand before the smoking remains of the Plains elves village. Their herds have beam scattered, much of their homes destroyed by Helios's wrath. A paltry selection of warriors stand before your warriors, bows ready and spears held in shaking hands.

"They struck first my friends. Spare the women and children. Kill every man old enough to wield a weapon."

With a roar your troops charge forth with a howl of rage....
>Plains elves village destroyed.
>slaves taken-+35 pop
>-4 pop
>Horses captured.
>>
>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop-139

>Tech-
Advanced Flint spears,
Advanced Bows,
Flint arrowheads,
Fletching
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Adept spirit magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians
Horses
Crude metal refinery.

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Spirit mage

>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1389342
Build a temple for Helios on the ravaged plains
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1389338
Create a small colony in the plains.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1389342
Study ways to combine our magics
Kind of like how we combined holy and fire for the wall. But with all our magics. Holy, fire, nature, spirit
>>
>>1389464
Actually, thinking about it, would we create elementals by combining spirit with other magic?
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>1389446
A mighty temple that we will force these slaves who would dare harm the priestess of fire and light to build and then we will sacrafice 10 to our sun God as without his power we would not have this grand victory!
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>1389342
use nature magic to expand the woods into the plains because fuck the plains
>>
>13. Build Temple to Helios on the plains.

On a small hill overlooking the ruins of the destroyed Plains village your followers of Helios construct a small temple to the Sun God. Composed of white stones and twisted, sun hardened wood the temple is open to all forms of natural light. As your priests watch a beam of pure solar energy descends and carves a design depicting a drawn bow overlaid upon a blazing sun
>Helios approves of your conquest. Ethaz and Tela may require more worship soon.

>11. Plains outpost.

Some of your priests and followers of Helios decide to set down their roots at the newly constructed temple and rapidly a small village forms around it. It is easily within a days travel of your main village and they are quick to supply meat, hides and Bone from the bountiful herds.
>Secondary village created.
>Name?
>pop-35
>Small temple of Helios
>+5 to total pop per turn. (+15 total)

>9. Combine magics?

In a circle of arcane runes your strongest mages stand with arms linked. Flame, Solar, Spirit and Nature mages, voices echoing with arcane might as they chant. A roiling mass of magical energy is slowly forming in the center. An oak guardian, infused with a Wraith, being tempered and blessed by Flame and Holy light.

Its too much.

With a cry of pain the oak guardian begins folding in on itself, twisted light leaking out around the edges as it is compressed into a small, smoking lump of charcoal...

Perhaps the spell could be refined with time...

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop- 128

>Tech-
Advanced Flint spears,
Advanced Bows,
Flint arrowheads,
Fletching
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Adept spirit magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Spirit mage

Secondary Village-
Name?

Pop-35

>Tech
Small temple to Helios
Herds.
Direwolves.
Horses.

>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1389789

Animate Bark Armor with Waiths

(If it doesn't happen this turn next turn I'll vote into pantheon worship)
>>
>>1389801
Now when you say animate Bark Armor with a Wraith do you mean give the Wraith the armor to inhabit and use or use the Wraiths power to do.... What exactly. Just clearing some confusion up
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>1389789
Helios for life! BUT we should share worship let's make small shrines near put temples to Helios for the other two gods
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1389789
research bone weapons enhanced by spirt magic
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1389789
Explore past the plains. See what mysteries lay ahead
>>
>>1389801
With all these upgrades we should find someone new to conquer
>>
File: FB_IMG_1491927496534.jpg (30KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1491927496534.jpg
30KB, 720x720px
>>1389842
Well then anon. Im going to offer up a choice because a 20 on divine worship rolls confers immediate bonuses.

>Select one for each god/ess.

>Ethaz-
>Spirit of the forest-Your elves can use the trees to travel nearly instantly through the woods.
>Great beast-A Nature Spirit given flesh, a great Beast will guard your Village for eternity unless it is slain.

>Tela-
>The gift of Life-confers immediate +30 to overall population. +5 pop afterwards.
>A mothers kiss-offers advanced Healing magic without research. Can be used to restore critically wounded Heroes and villagers (decreases failure costs)
>>
>>1389881
>spirit of the forest

>a mother's kiss

Awesome now we can have tree highways. Better expand that forest to the second village.

By near instantly how fast? Are these tree highways or teleporters?
>>
>>1389902
Damn near teleporters. Melting into the wood and reappearing out of the nearest tree to their destination
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>1389881
Great Beast
And
Gift of life (can always do a lil research later)
>>
>>1389909
Well shit thats Op as fuck we can run a proper Empire now with almost none of the logistical problems just gotta make trees everywhere forest for life. And our armies can teleport around meaning we only need like 1 large one that can split accordingly. Yess

>>1389929
Fuck the great beast vote spirit
>>
>>1389881
Spirit of the forest
The gift of Life
>>
>>1389830

Have the wraith inhabit the armor, hopefully that means they can move it but even if it requires being with but an elf having the extra experience and perspective would be like having an pin board Jarvis
>>
>>1389881
>Spirit of the forest-Your elves can use the trees to travel nearly instantly through the woods
A mothers kiss-offers advanced Healing magic without research. Can be used to restore critically wounded Heroes and villagers (decreases failure costs)
>>
>14. WraithBark armor.

Hours of chanting. Hundreds of carefully carved arcane sigils. The combined efforts of your nature mages and your spirit mage culminate in a masterpiece.

Luca steps forward out of the smoking ritual circle, his body encased in ornate armor of white wood and bone. His head covered in a closed helm reminiscent of a horned skull. In his hand is a spear of razored flint, the edge shimmering with ethereal flames.
>Wraithguard armor created. Increases strength, speed and magical abilities/resistance. Highly intimidating.

>20. PANTHEON TIME. BONUSES EVERYWHERE.

Your nature mage kneels before the totem to Ethaz. The carefully carved altar is decorated with skulls, bones, living plants and small mosses. It is inlaid with designs of beast and bird, fish and flower. All the life of the forest. The Nature mage feels a faint sense of pride and satisfaction from his quiet deity along with the knowledge of a boon.
>Spirit of the forest. Allows fast travel between trees. Decreases travel time to nearly nothing.

Your priestess of Tela hums as she redecorates the small temple to the Goddess of Fertility and Joy. It is a small, warm, homey structure filled with flowers and small pieces of colored cloth. She traces her hand along her growing belly and smiles as the Soft voice of her goddess speaks in her mind. She strokes her fingers as a small, softly glowing aura slips between them.
>A mothers kiss. Confers advanced healing magic.

>13. Ghostbone weapons

Your nature mage kneels in his hut on the edge of the village, idly carving a large piece of antler with a flint dagger. The arcane runes come second nature to him, as if some other presence was guiding his hand.

Suddenly his hand slips and the razor sharp stone Knicks his thumb, drawing forth a bead of blood. As he watches the rune-inscribed piece of bone shifts and elongates, becoming a long, wickedly sharp spearhead with a faintly shimmering edge.
>Ghostbone Spears and Arrowheads created.

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop- 143

>Tech-
Ghostbone spears,
Advanced Bows,
Ghostbone arrowheads,
Fletching
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Adept spirit magic
Advanced healing magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians
Wraiths
WraithBark armor
Forest Labyrinth

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Spirit mage

Secondary Village-
Name?

Pop-37

>Tech
Small temple to Helios
Herds.
Direwolves.
Horses.

>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1390094

Train an elite unit of military with Luca as it's commander, once they're experienced enough we can outfit them with all our most advanced weapons
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>1390094
Use spirit of the forest to explore
>>
>>1390110
Got a name for this elite unit?
>>
>>1390121
In which direction?

North- Further into undead/ghost/2spooky turf

West-Mountains. Possibly other civs there

South-Maybe an ocean or a big lake

East-Plains. Who knows what else could reside there besides more plains elves.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>1390094
Train/upgrade nature magic
>>
>>1390147
Fucking everywhere we can teleport anywhere there are trees! Walking is for plebs
>>
>>1390220
I mean I take that as a "scout" action which is in 1 (one) direction per action. SO GRAB A COMPASS AND PICK ONE BOYO
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1390094
Explore the mountains
>>
>>1390252
Every. Fucking. Time. Mountains cursed.
>>
>>1390147

West, could give us more access to metals

And simply the Wraiths would be my vote, straight forward and terrifying
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1390147
>>1390094
East of plain.
>>
>11. Elite unit time. We Wraiths now.

Luca sits astride his great Alpha wolf, riding easy in the the thin saddle of padded leather. In his gauntleted, clawed hand is a spearshaft of smooth bone, terminating in a vicious, bladed point sharp enough to hiss in the air every time he gestures to his gathered men. Fifteen of his best warriors, Each of them stand perfectly still in their new WraithBark armor. The spirits of great, fallen elven warriors imbuing them with skill and strength. Each mans helm is different, showing his true nature. Some are snooty domes of bone, cold blooded killers. Some are snarling beasts, vicious fighters. A select few share the horned skulls of their leader, the mark of a skilled and merciless killer.

"I have selected you men because you are the best we have. We will be the first and last defense of our great village. None shall escape us. None shall pass. The Wraiths will show no mercy. Feel no pity...."

>Wraiths formed.
>Elite unit created. When involved in combat increases threshold of success.

>18. Explore to the western mountains.

Your scouts slip through the woods as they advance at a pace unheard of. Melting through the bark of the trees on the outskirts of the village they flit by as quickly as shadows, the miles blurring by as they rocket along ever faster.

They finally emerge on the far end of the forest near the mountain range. They crouch in the high branches of the trees and observe the mountainsides.

>A few solitary, colossal figures that seem to be carrying tree trunks as clubs can be seen in the far distance.

>Large, bestial figures carrying heavy axes and hammers are conducting a small logging operation at the edge if the forest.

>In the distance a large, squarish opening in a cliff face belches smoke along with the faint peal of metal.

>Large, flying creatures occasionally swoop down upon the plentiful goats and rabbits of this area. They aren't eagles... Too many scales and too cruel.

>2. Train nature magic

Your younger nature mage stands aside as his small class of potential apprentices practice channeling magic into small flowers in their hands. For some the flow of magic is steady and strong, in some it comes in bursts and in one case simply Isn't coming at all. He steps forward to attempt to correct the child but is suddenly blasted back by a gout of arcane energy. The child screams in terror as the suddenly overcharged seed becomes a writhing mass of roots and snapping pods. Your mage regains his senses and disintegrates the unruly flora with a gesture.

Now he knows how his master felt.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>1390490
>Large, bestial figures carrying heavy axes and hammers are conducting a small logging operation at the edge if the forest.

Scout this civilization out more, they are cutting down our trees
>>
>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop- 158

>Tech-
Ghostbone spears,
Advanced Bows,
Ghostbone arrowheads,
Fletching
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Adept spirit magic
Advanced healing magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians
Wraiths (The Ghosts)
WraithBark armor
Forest Labyrinth

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Spirit mage
The Wraiths

Secondary Village-
Name?

Pop-39

>Tech
Small temple to Helios
Herds.
Direwolves.
Horses.

>>
>>1390525
GONNA NEED A NAME FOR THAT SECONDARY VILLAGE YOU FUCCBOIS
>>
>>1390512
Welp. Youre gonna know what they do, when they eat, where they shit, what hand they wipe with. EVERYTHING
>>
>>1390530
>Solcaestra
>>
>>1390537

Perfect and now we have something for our nearly formed standing military to practice on

People gotta learn to stay away from our trees
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>1390490
TRAIN THOSE IDIOT NATURE MAGES HOW TO SPELL
>>
>>1390554
Have we become the plain elves?
>>
>>1390849

Of course not, the plains elves were weak, we're the guardians of our sacred forest of ancestors (or what will be our sacred forest of anscestors once we take care of the hostile spookiness)
>>
>>1391019
I say since we know everything about these people we leave notes and signs in the most conspicuous places saying "Don't cut our trees or ELSE!"
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>1390490
>>1391043
Since nome else roll gona roll this.
Lay traps near the treeline to deter them cutting down our forest
>>
>>1391043

>conspicuous places

So carved into the loggers as they hang from the trees of the haunted forest?
>>
Can we kidnap one and encase it in Wraithbark armor to indoctrinate it?
>>
>>1391176
and by one, i mean the gian- er bestial people
>>
>>1391186

Would probably be easier to just kill them and reanimate the bodies. There's an easy hierarchy there, people who attack the forest get reused to help the forest and all elves, even the dead, must dedicate themselves to the same.
>>
>>1391208
Sound's like necromancy, the Sun wont like that.
>>
>>1391208
No because then they die, they cut down our trees. They deserve to be incased in armor and watch as they kill their own people with their own hand. Such is the price of cutting down trees.
>>
>>1391219

I'm not sure that the Sun has an actual stance against it, we haven't heard anything against our current use of it
>>
>>1391243
Helios wouldn't approve of Necromancy in his name (Ex: a priest attempting to use necromancy to reanimate corpses) but he most likely wouldn't object to its use as long as the worship of any death gods didn't exceed his own.
>>
>Sorry, OP required nourishment and familial time. He has returned to you in glory and a full stomach.

>20. WHATCHA DOING WITH THOSE TREES

Your scouts venture forth again, wrapped in green and brown dyed leather, hands and feet encased in soft leather tipped with bone spikes that let them grip the trees like lizards. They dart from tree to tree, melting into the bark and reappearing elsewearas as they observe the loggers.

Large, bipedal figures, bulging with muscle as they drag the fallen trees away,sometimes two at a time. They have the bodies of enormous men but the heads of great horned beasts, several of the larger ones have jewels gold rings through their nostrils and seem to direct the others imperiously.
Your scouts follow the loggers to a large, fort like village partially embedded in a large camp, inside can be seen dozens of the large creatures alongside a great many smaller humanoids, many female and wearing thick metal collars. Your scouts also take notice of the large gnarled oak in the center of the village.

It may as well be an invitation.
>Minotaur village found
>Entry point found.

>12. Nature magic class

Your younger nature mage sits atop the same gnarled stump his master taught him from. The elderly elf prefers to commune with Ethaz and create new forms of flower and tree to hone his power.

His class is a group of magically gifted children, currently pouring their power into a small sapling, attempting to create a miniature oak guardian. Their brows furrow and sweat as green arcana flows from their fingers and the sapling thickens, a squarish head appearing atop a thin neck, small, stumpy arms and a rounded torso. A pair of small legs appears and the construct pulls itself from the soil with a small grunt of effort.

The children cheer as it stumbles around curiously, poking a small finger at the ground.

It opens a small, slit-like mouth as it turns to you, already visibly growing larger.

"I.. Am ..Root?"

>Forest sentinel created. A more intelligent and agile version of a Oak Guardian. Human intelligence and fiercely loyal to the Village.
>Unique Hero Created- Root. Close combat specialist and Nature adept.

>18. Trap the Treeline.

Your scouts and hunters again venture forth to the logging camp, angry at the removal of their trees. They carry bundles of rawhide loops lined with razored flint and bone. The carry Ghostbone stakes that line small pits along the trails. They lay tripwires attached to saplings lines with Flint knives. They turn the immediate forest edge near the logging camp into a killing field for the unwary.
>Minotaur loggers and several warriors and lieutenants injured.
>>
>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop- 158

>Tech-
Ghostbone spears,
Advanced Bows,
Ghostbone arrowheads,
Fletching
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Adept spirit magic
Advanced healing magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians
Wraiths (The Ghosts)
WraithBark armor
Forest Labyrinth
Forest sentinels

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Spirit mage
The Wraiths
Root

Secondary Village-
Name?

Pop-42

>Tech
Small temple to Helios
Herds.
Direwolves.
Horses.

>>
>>1391462

For the second village name
>Solcaestra (sol-kess-tra)
Since it was provided for us by Helios

>Make contact with the Minotaurs
Make sure to send a party out of the forest the normal way, without tree shifting, we'll want that back door. Then order them to stop cutting the trees.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>1391493

Forgot my roll
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1391454
Combine Spirit and Sun magic to create Sun Elementals
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1391454
Present Root to Ethaz and Helios for their blessing
>>
>>1391552
shoot
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>1391552
I'm going to try to help this roll
>>
>>1391462
damn and I was going to suggest we make a special grove we're we burry our dead, plant trees over their graves then use sun magic to make sure no evil sprits emerge from said grove by placing a torch on each tree grave and have a sprit mage watching over the grove to speak to the dead and make sure they are resting peacefully. Maybe ask them for advice from time to time.
>>
>>1391735
This is actually a good idea.
>>
>>1391752
>>1391735
I agree with these
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1391454
Use the >large gnarled oak in the center of the village. to spy and prepare an ambush
>>
>2. NO LOGGING PLZ.

A small group of your warriors armed with Ghostbone spears and bows drop from the trees. They are encased in leather armor overlaid with cloaks dyed green and brown. They advance upon the Minotaur fort in a loose formation. They stand in the tree line and blow a horn of hollowed antler with a echoing drone. After a brief commotion on the wall of the fort the gates open and a large band of the hulking brutes emerge. Their leader, a massive specimen with slate Grey fur atop his head and back strides forward.
"What want Little people? Why noise make on Ur-gash land? You want be slave? You slave now! Come now!"

He gestures imperiously as your warriors who share a sidelong glance at each other.
"As tempting as your offer is oh great.... Ur-gash... We must decline. We come to insist you stop cutting the trees of our forest. It insults the great nature gods and insults us as well"

The Minotaur chief snorts loudly, not being used to backtalk. He shifts his weapon around and draws it, a massive iron battleaxe/hammer hybrid.
"You slave of Ur-Gash now! You shovel Dung pit for life! Now come!"

His warriors step forward menacingly, several hefting heavy javelins and throwing axes while other adjust their grip on mauls and Axes.

"Well it seems diplomacy has failed" says the squad leader, leaping back into the tree line while releasing a barbed Ghostbone arrow into Ur-Gash's shoulder. His squad follow him in retreat, several firing off arrows as they scramble for the trees. With a cry of agony two fall limp and tumble to the ground with heavy javelins jutting from their backs.
>-2 pop
>Minotaurs openly hostile

>5. Attempt to make Sun elemental.

Your priestess sits in a rune inscribed circle with the most faithful of Helios's followers. They chant together in the arcane tongue as streams of coiling fire and holy light collide in the center. A figure of pure, glowing flame appears for the briefest of moments before collapsing into smoke and ash.

They simply are not strong enough at this moment. Perhaps with more preparation....

>4. Present Root to Helios and Ethaz.

Your nature mage leads the diminutive sentinel around, the curious creature gripping his finger tightly.

"I am root?"

"That's the Village spring. We get our water there"

"I am root?"

"That's Luca. Hes a bit serious but a good fellow, his wolf is a mean thing though"

"I am root?"

"Oh that's the temple. It holds the Totem of Ethaz, the Altar of Helios and the Shrine to Tela."

"I am Root! I am Root!"

The deceptively strong Sentinel drags the mage into the temple, eagerly poking around. Although the mage attempts to make contact to apologize for the small creatures accidental rudeness. They don't even seem to notice, their divine attentions focused elsewhere perhaps.
>>
>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop- 179

>Tech-
Ghostbone spears,
Advanced Bows,
Ghostbone arrowheads,
Fletching
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Adept spirit magic
Advanced healing magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians
Wraiths (The Ghosts)
WraithBark armor
Forest Labyrinth
Forest Sentinel

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Spirit mage
The Wraiths
Root

Secondary Village-
Solcaestra

Pop-44

>Tech
Small temple to Helios
Herds.
Direwolves.
Horses.

>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>1391957
This
>>1391735
>damn and I was going to suggest we make a special grove we're we burry our dead, plant trees over their graves then use sun magic to make sure no evil sprits emerge from said grove by placing a torch on each tree grave and have a sprit mage watching over the grove to speak to the dead and make sure they are resting peacefully. Maybe ask them for advice from time to time
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>1391957
Attack the Minotaurs, have one group come out from the forest to distract them while another uses the Large Oak to take their village.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>1391957
Fortify Solcaestra
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1392041

Support roll to aliviate some of the hurt
>>
>>1391969
quick question, our libary is also record all the fire, light, sprit, and healing magic as well right?
>>
>>1392004

I like this idea a lot, not all of our ancestors spirits would want to be warriors, this allows us to use the wisdom of our ancestors as well as their strength
>>
>>1392021
Are we involving the Wraiths and any hero units? If so which ones?

Also you can bring along Oak Guardians and WolfThorn as they ARE technically your troops.
>>
>>1392094
Only similar rolls in the first 3 stack I said that earlier I think. If post 1 and 2 are the same thing basically they will stack because more people on the job. So if post 1 and 3 are the same and posts 2 and 4 are also the same then they will stack and ill end up taking the first 5 rolls Lmao. If that makes sense.
>>
>>1392195
I think we should involve Luca and a couple wraiths, maybe bring Root along?
>>
>>1392219
Root technically is still a "baby" but I guess he can come.
>>
>OP has started and stopped on the same paragraph 3 times. The signs and omens say this... OP needs sleep. He shall return rested and with Minotaur violence. Goodnight you glorious fucks.
>>
>>1392195
Oak guardians should be on the distraction team, acting as the heavy hitters and shields.
The Wraiths and Luca should be on Village duty.
What are the WolfThorns again?
>>
>>1392262
Theyre a Floral construct similar to a bobcat made out of thornbushes. Quadripedal, fast moving and literally made out of barbs and pokey bits.

You guys feel free to post any ideas or suggestions and ill answer while im awake :)
>>
>>1392268
have archers attack from the woods to draw them in, then have nature constructs tear apart any that take the bait. Then have the wrath warriors come out and attack with archer taking the rear to aid them
>>
>>1392278
No, the wraiths take the village, that way they won't have a home.
They might even try a siege.
>>
>>1392268
WolfThorns goes to the village team.
>>
>>1392308

This, use oak guardians as shields for arches to shoot behind from the woods. Luca, the Wraiths, and Wolfthorns take the village. Kill the warriors and take the slaves
>>
>>1392721
Aye, and since we can teleport as long as we have trees those that can still fight from the distraction team can join the village to help.
>>
supporting these two
>>1392004
>>1392021
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

I am the Britbong, I speak for the slaves, I wish for one of one or a group of villagers to try and emancipate and free the captured plain elves and run off, perhaps ending up trying to get help from a god of justice? I dunno, but this gon be some prison break shit
>>
And yes I do mean the ones we captured, cos fuck slavery yo, there's got to be atleast SOME elves that are against it
>>
>>1393376
Get a load of William wilberforce over here!
>>
>>1393376

Dude, the fuck, we all speak for the elves and we've got a plan for this. We promise their children better lives and get them loyal to the Empire, their children get the same rights as our own civilians do and they get the chance to promote to citizen through work valuable to the Empire (such as military, religious, or civil service)

At least that was the plan I was getting from all this and obviously is up for change but something like that should be voted on
>>
it's up to OP how he wants to do it so
>>
>16. Grove of Spirits.

Your spirit mage and elderly Nature mage kneel over a small hole in the edge of a small clearing. They lower into it a small clay jar holding the ashes of a fallen villager. In the open top of the jar the Nature mage plants a small seed of a Silverwood tree. As he chants quietly along with the spirit mage (Our mages need names Btw guys) the seed takes root and begins rapidly sprouting into a slender, elegant tree with a faintly shimmering silver bark and metallic leaves. In a small hollow in the trunk a small flame of ethereal blue fire burns, allowing the spirit of the fallen elf to be easily reached for guidance. The Grove shall be a resting place and a repository of knowledge for the living and dead.
>Grove created. Increases research into spirit magic and prevents necromantic effects on the dead.

>15. Attack the Minotaurs (Gonna be a long one)

In the Twilight of the forest faint shadows can be seen flitting from tree to tree at speeds incomprehensible to the eye. Some appear to be mounted on great wolves while others appear to be lumbering giants of iron hard wood.

Around the Minotaur fort they emerge from the wood, grim faced elven warriors dressed in leather armor mottled the dark green and brown of the forest. They carry spears and knives of shimmering Ghostbone, the enchanted material faintly glowing in the gloom.

Lumbering ahead of them are the Oak Guardians, their clublike arms lined with thorns as long and sharp as daggers. They form a defensive line ahead of the trees as archers melt from the upper branches, wickedly sharp arrows already nocked as they wait for the signal.

One of your warriors steps forth, bracing his spear in the dirt and cupping his hand around his mouth, facing the rough hewn log walls of the fort
"Let the master of this... Fortress... Come forth! So that justice for our fallen warriors may be dealt upon him! Stand and defend yourself warriors of Ur-Gash! Your lord has signed your death warrant with his own hand!"
The interior of the Fortress springs to life, Minotaur warriors throwing aside slave women and grabbing their weapons, forming up into a angry mass more reminiscent of a stampede than a armed force. The gate is slammed open by sheer force of the impact and the bellowing brutes rush forward, their lieutenants urging them on with roars of rage

Your archers smoothly draw and fire, sending forth a arcing rain of death into the Minotaur ranks, several of the hulking beasts tumbling the ground, studded with shafts. Their charge falters as they attempt to cover themselves with their shields, only to be hit again from the opposite side.

Your Oak guardians stagger their formation as your warriors charge forward into the faltering Minotaurs. Howling Direwolves leap onto the beast men, bearing them to the ground with powerful jaws locked onto their throats. The clumsy swings of the Minotaurs heavy axes are easily dodged by your agile warriors
(Continuing cause too long)
>>
>>1393490
>cont

Razor sharp Ghostbone spears punch through thick muscle and bone, piercing hearts and lungs and leaving the Minotaurs to drown in their own blood. The secondary line of Oak guardians smash into the rear of the Minotaur formation, laying about with their heavy arms. The Minotaurs heavy axes only embed in their thick, wooden bodies, leaving them defenseless for the bone crushing blows of the towering constructs.

Ur-gash stands atop his gate, watching his warriors be slaughtered to a man. Only his most loyal and best fighters remain with him yet he is still to stupid to realize he has already been defeated.

"More slave girl for Ur-gash now. Weak warriors killed by puny elf men. Puny elves and little arrows! Hurt Ur-Gash! Ur-Gash crush them all and take their women!" he snorts, spittle dripping from his jaws.

He fails to notice the armored figures emerging from the central oak of his Fortress. Sixteen elven warriors, armored in bone and wood as hard and strong as steel. Faceless monsters that felt no pity for the massacre they were about to partake in. The Wraiths had come.

Lucia twirls his spear as he and his men silently rush forward, spears thrusting and slashing, arrows cutting into throats and punching into eye sockets.

Ur-Gash turns with his bodyguard, preparing to meet the new threat as they approach. He barely has time to draw his weapon before Luca's great Direwolf seizes his arm in a crushing grip and bears him to the ground as the Wraiths fall upon his bodyguards like a scythe through wheat. Lucia dismounts his wolf and coolly inspects his victim. Ur-Gash struggles to free his arm but the enormous wolf refuses to budge

"Ur-Gash crush you all! Burn your homes! Kill your old! You all slaves of Ur-Gash now! Die! Die! Puny elf! You all-Grrrk!"

Ur-Gash's final tirade is cut short by Luca's spear punching into his soft throat, the dripping point emerging from the back of the Minotaurs head. Lucia turns to his troops, raising his fist in victory as the wolves and troops howl and cheer.
>Minotaur fort captured
>+50 rescued slaves.
>-8 pop
>Forge captured
>Iron mine captured

>2 Fortify Solcaestra.

Your craftsmen attempt to Construct defenses around the small village of Solcaestra but due to the unfortunate windstorms of the plain and a disastrous stampede of herd beasts the crude wall they managed to construct is destroyed along with several homes. An unfortunate young elf is crushed in the mayhem, Solcaestra's first fatality
>-1 pop
>>
>>1393539
>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop-236

>Tech-
Ghostbone spears,
Advanced Bows,
Ghostbone arrowheads,
Fletching
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Adept spirit magic
Advanced healing magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians
Wraiths (The Ghosts)
WraithBark armor
Forest Labyrinth
Forest Sentinel
Grove of the Fallen

>Important villagers-
Elderly nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Spirit mage
The Wraiths
Root

Secondary Village-
Solcaestra

Pop-45

>Tech
Small temple to Helios
Herds +10 pop to Main village per turn
Direwolves.
Horses.

>>
>>1393539

>Construct a Spirit Graveyard for Solcaestra

>Spirit Mage
Theonis
>Nature Mage
Boros
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1393556

Forgot roll
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1393539
Move some of our population to the fort and begin using the mine and forge.
>>
Rolled 1, 4 = 5 (2d10)

>>1393373
Same as I did here, I'll assume I need to reroll it
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

ohfuk I rolled twice
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>1393552
expand the woods to both of our new strongholds/villages
>>
welp, either way, it failed. fuq
>>
I see the dice gods are giving us one of those turns again
>>
>>1393539
What is the species of the slaves?
>>
>>1393599
Mostly elven, some human and a few dwarfs.
>>
>>1393619
Cool. We should welcome them to our tribe and try to get informationout of them like we're they're from and there tech. The dwarves should help improve our metal working and mining at the least. We should also give thanks to our gods as well.
This round is going to suck though
>>
I like how despite all the bad rolls we are still pulling through
>>
>Hey guys im having some familial responsibilities pop up (nephews want to go fishing) so quest will resume later today. Sorry for the interruption you guys. No hate pls.
>>
>>1393678
No problem. Have fun Tainted
>>
So while there is a bit of a pause here how do people feel about the slavery angle?

My idea for what the structure should be has already been outlined and I believe that the system should be regulated so as to alleviate as much abuse as possible, slaves are still protected by a rule of law guaranteeing that they receive proper food, shelter, protection, and their punishments are not random (should have a code of law). They don't have a choice where in the society they work though. That is for the freedom of our civilians which they can become if they marry into a civilian line.

>We promise their children better lives and get them loyal to the Empire, their children get the same rights as our own civilians do and they get the chance to promote to citizen through work valuable to the Empire (such as military, religious, or civil service)

I think there can be an interesting dynamic made without going edgelord, slaves work for the society but have no choice in the matter, civilians have the most flexibility in their life choices but don't get a vote in how the society is set up, and citizens are people who have undergone testing to dedicate themselves to our areas of structure, they get locked in (in a mirror version of the slaves) but get a voice in the creation of laws and weight on any councils.

And this is all of course just my view, feel free to pick it apart or riff off of it or ignore it outright but it feels like this should be something we can aim for and we should iron it out before we start to put too many rolls into slave revolts and counter-slave revolts that will drain our society.
>>
>>1393760
I rather not go about making new slaves though if we do I agree they shall be treated fairly and we attempt to indoctrinate they're offering. Maybe take them from they're families when they're young or give the slaves the choice to let they're children live as free citizen or slaves.
>>
>>1393773

I feel like taking them from their families would be counter productive, hence the guarantee that their children will be civilians and can choose to become citizens should they go through the testing

A secondary issue I just thought of; in this system would only elves be able to become citizens?

I vote yes because the other races simply aren't as long lived and that would be a lot of turn over in government for a slow growing race
>>
perhaps have a seperate colony for the other races? but where they can still be free, and can visit the other cities, just so that they, as shorter lived races, can have their own space to live (they would still be under our rule though)
>>
>>1393793
The other races should be allowed to be apart of our civilization and be citizens if they agree to our ideals. I don't see a reason why to segregate them from us. If they don't agree but are not a hazard, they are allowed to leave

Also, let's settle our stance on gathering lumber. I think it's okay as long as we don't take large amounts and we insure that it will regrow. We have nature magic to replace wood that is taken.
>>
>>1393760
would going full edgelord include killing all the slaves, using both our solar magic and spirt magic to makes sure their sprits pass on to the next life, and then raise their bodies with spirt magic and then enchant the bodies with nature magic having vines and roots grow around their bodies so they can wonder out of the forest plant themselves in the ground and then turn into a tree letting our forces fast travel to that location?

Or if you really want to go full edge lord, kill all of them for their bones so we can use that to make more weapons and armor and then replace all of them with nature golems or something similar to our oak guardians but smaller and meant for labor instead of protecting the village.
>>
>>1393811

Seems like it would encourage them to try to split off at a later point, it's better to have them integrated so as to prevent losing that chunk of territory

>>1393851

Sounds like a fair compromise, and of course, civilians are free to immigrate should they so choose. Slaves and citizens should both be bonded to the state though

As far as lumber goes I agree with you there, people from outside our society have to ask us before they can harvest though, set up a fair and equal trade.
>>
>>1393853
Let's not plunge into edge, but we could use the minotaurs corpse for whatever
>>
>>1393860
We should also consult our nature God about this too.
>>
>>1393851
in terms of lumber, for every tree, we plant two? (so we can spread the glorious sacred forest) or have specific groves for lumber perhaps.
also we need to make ironwood soon for better weapons and armour, bones seem too... barbaric
>>
>>1393760
I'm against slavery. The idea of Civilian and Citizen has merit I'll support. Civilians aught to be able to choose their life. Be a worker, mage, warrior etc. but can't hold permanent leadership positions or have a say in who holds them until they become a Citizen. Becoming a Citizen shouldn't be based off some standardized test either. Time spent (X years based on profession) being a productive member or, in the case of women, married to a Citizen is how Civilians move into Citizenship. Children are considered Civilians until they reach adulthood AND graduate from their apprenticeship(s). I'm thinking adulthood aught to be around 14-16; Which should also be around the time they finish their apprenticeship.
>>
>>1393930
Dude we are elves times all the ages by 10
>>
>>1393930
I'm cool with this, but we have slaves at the moment who may become hostile if just given freedom. We need to figure out a way to deal with the people left from conquered villages and territories in the future. Having a single generation slavery and allowing for ways for them to become citizen is a good way to handle them without slaughtering them all.

Also, I assume that each race matures at a different date. I do think that children should look for an apprenticeship and possibly make it as a right of passage.
>>
>>1393930

I was going with the testing because then we could find the best people suited for the best lines of work, thinking a similar system to Ancient Chinese Bureaucracy, hence why the tests are also voluntary

And as far as slavery goes this guy >>1393956 has about the same picture I am going with, we provide them a good system and a good quality of life but as conquered subjects I am more comfortable having some oversight on them and this way we also have the necessary labor force for the jobs civilians might not want to do
>>
>>1393922

Hey now, the bones are A) an excellent weapon especially since they're a resource that we can collect even if we lost control over a mine and B) have cultural meaning to our society. Even the dead stand with our empire, ready to serve always and in whatever capacity
>>
>>1393949
Age is relative. It's why I said adulthood and apprenticeship graduation so as to be applied universally. The elven equivalent to a human 14-16 year old is what I was suggesting be the time frame for reaching adulthood.

>>1393956
I don't like the idea of keeping a generation of slaves, but I see the point you're making. My concern here is that you're keeping them from having an upward mobility of social status by telling that generation "You're slaves for the rest of your life. But your children won't be".
The concern in this is the integration into our society, and I don't think permanent slavery, even for the initial generation of the conquered is a good solution to this. Perhaps some slavery, for the purpose of integration where they can work their way into becoming a second class Civilian. In this state, they don't have an option to become a Citizen, but regain their freedom from the integration-slavery.
>>
>>1394104

I would be alright with Civilian level being accessible for slaves, give them something to strive for and keep on good behavior for, it's not too different from their children being civilians automatically

We'll need to figure out a good way to keep differentiation between classes
>>
>>1394180
Maybe we should create a monarchy or patriarchy
>>
>>1394186

Was thinking of a council made up of the leaders of the military, religion, and civil service. Could be useful to have a figurehead though in case something was too close to call when it came to voting. But not a hereditary position, when one dies the next one could be elevated from the Council of Elders.
>>
>>1394186
FUDAL SYSTEM! Let's get knights serfs Freemen kings barons it'll be great
>>
>>1394193
I'd like to have a council as well, but having Central head of power is also useful. Maybe we have an emperor who choose a successor based on ability rather than bloodline. Also each town or city is operated by some council who is under the emperor
>>
so a variant of a roman republic, where instead of the next emperor being elected, they're chosen by the emperor, but still with the senate in place to dictate what can and can't be done
>>
>>1394349

Chosen by the emperor could lead to nepotism, elected from the council itself maintains flexibility for changing times, that way if there has been a time of peace a representative of the merchants could be placed there and have better insight into what needs to be happening around the Empire
>>
>>1394388
True. They're are always ways that will corrupt the system. A theocracy is a valid option, asking the gods to select a choose individual, each with an equal position in a high council.
>>
>>1394414

Theocracy would be a good thing to throw into the mix here, especially since the Gods are prevalent in our lives and have unquestionable authority. Plus it would a good way to honor Helios and we could have a kick ass Sun-Emperor
>>
>>1394421
We would need to discuss with the other gods. If we give the choose of each to much political power or favour, the gods may see it as an insult. For example, having Helios choose be the emperor may lead to the forest God to become jealous. We either have the emperor be chosen by all or the gods agree to the positions of each head in the government, like Helios either emperor or commander of the army, forest God for the preservation and agriculture, and ect. Another is a high council each with an equal vote
>>
>>1394465

Wouldn't be a bad idea for the High council to all have a ritual that would associated them with their patron diety, do remember though that we already worship Helios more than the other Gods, it doesn't need to be an even relationship when they're involved
>>
>>1394535
Still need to be careful. I'm uncertain of each of the gods personalities.
Also, I think each town should have an elected leader while cities should have an elected council.
>>
>Ok you degenerate fucks. Im back and ready to party. Didn't end up catching anything besides a few little Bluegill and a baby catfish. Gimme a minute to write out this update
>>
>>1394246
How about a council with a rotating head?

The council should consist of the highest authorities of magic/gods (Helios, Ethaz and Tela) as well as a grand architect (builder) and the highest military commander.
>>
>>1395085
We could have a set life positions for the choosens and several rotating elected positions
>>
>>1395053
Glad you're back
>>
>>1395053
Welcome back
>>
Is op dead? I hope not, was enjoying this
>>
>Sorry about that guys. OP fell asleep int he middle of writing this out. Long day yesterday. Anywho, lets get this ball rolling again. 4chan ate my first draft so im just throwing a quick one on you.

>3. Spirit graveyard in Solcaestra.

Your villagers at the small colony of Solcaestra begin work on a burial plot for their fallen. In the absence of a skilled nature or spirit mage they fail to produce any effect upon the silverwood seed or the soul itself.

>3. Colonize the minotuar fort.

Your villagers entertain the idea of relocating some of their number to the now abandoned minotuar fort. However the stench of death is offensive to many and the former slaves are still too traumatized to return. Perhaps at a later date.

>6. The not so great escape

One of your villagers has taken it in their mind that the servitude of those taken in combat is wrong for some reason. Under cover of night he steals into the slave huts and frees a small number from their bonds. As he attempts to make their escape the ragtag group is surrounded by silent oak guardians and snarling wolfthorn. Moments later archers appear in the nearby trees with arrows nocked.

"Going somewhere Felian?"
>Felian in custody for attempting to steal village property (5 slaves)

>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop- 251

>Tech-
Ghostbone spears,
Advanced Bows,
Ghostbone arrowheads,
Fletching
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Adept spirit magic
Advanced healing magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians
Wraiths (The Ghosts)
WraithBark armor
Forest Labyrinth
Forest Sentinel

>Important villagers-
Boris- nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Theonis-Spirit mage
The Wraiths
Root

Secondary Village-
Solcaestra

Pop-47

>Tech
Small temple to Helios
Herds.
Direwolves.
Horses.

>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

HE SHALL BECOME A MATYR FOR US ALL

Also we need some stronger materials, so let's research some stone/wood hybrids or metal/wood hybrids
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1397740
Start clearing out the fort to make a new colony
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>1397740

Train a Triumvirate (sun, nature, and spirit magic) for Solcaestra
>>
>>1397837
WELL THAT JUST PICKLES MY BALLS.
>>
>7. Hybrid materials.

Boros sits atop a sun bleached stump, singing a soft melody In the arcane tongue to a small seedling in his hands. The faint glow of his arcane power is visible even in the daylight hours. He attempts to infuse the seedling with the strength and qualities of fine iron. He succeeds only in dusting the leaves with a small coating of rust. He huffs, blowing out his lengthy moustache. Perhaps next time

>9. Corpse piles everywbere

Your villagers have been hard at work the fallen minotaurs from the fort. The beastmens enormous size makes the job difficult but they manage with the assistance of the Oak Guardians in dragging them into large piles outside the walls. They hope to be done within a few days.
>Fort will be auto inhabited next turn.

>19. TRIUMVIRATE

Boros, Theonis and the Priestess of Helios sit in a triangle formation in the temple, regarding the young woman sent to them Solcaestra. Even at a distance her magical aura can clearly be felt, a faint wisp of ethereal energy following her like smoke. She bows her head shyly, fearful of the near mythical figures around her.

Boros speaks first
"So... Alleya? Was it? I do think you have a... Significant... Amount of talent and would be delighted to teach you if you wish it"

Theonis smiles slightly, his Familiar resting on his shoulder
"With a pool of arcana as powerful as yours, you could accomplish great things with spirit magic. Raising wraiths and phantoms, returning the freshly fallen to life, even seeing into the past and future. I would be happy to teach you"

The Priestess of Helios smiles warmly, her eyes releasing a faint puff of sparks as she lets out a small laugh
"My dear, Helios has blessed you. With a power such as this, you could serve the sun god most mightily. I would teach all that I if you wished it"

Each of the masters sits back as the young girl clears her throat, raising her head and revealing eyes with irises as white as snow.
"Could... Could I learn them all?"

The masters are taken aback by the question before Boros bursts into wheezing laughter
"Well I bloody well don't see why not!"

>Solcaestra has gained a triumvirate mage- Solar, nature, Spirit.
>>
>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop- 265

>Tech-
Ghostbone spears,
Advanced Bows,
Ghostbone arrowheads,
Fletching
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Ores
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Looted iron weapons
Magical spear
Adept spirit magic
Advanced healing magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians
Wraiths (The Ghosts)
WraithBark armor
Forest Labyrinth
Forest Sentinel

>Important villagers-
Boris- nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Theonis-Spirit mage
The Wraiths
Root

Secondary Village-
Solcaestra

Pop-49

>Tech
Small temple to Helios
Herds.
Direwolves.
Horses.

Important villagers-
Alleya-Triumvirate mage (Spirit,Solar,Nature)
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1397877
Began training Alleya
>>
>>1397895
To do what?
>>
>>1397895
In magic, to master solar magic
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>1397877
Try to gain a deeper understanding of metals and how they interact with magic. If we can make wood as strong as steel, imagine what we could do to actual steel.
>>
Gimme a bit, gotta run some errands guys
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

Try the hybrid material again, need some barksteel in this shit
>>
>>1397879

Oh shit, I am this dude >>1397837 (from a different computer) and I was thinking of having that be the title of the council of mages, didn't know you we're going to pack them all into one hero but hey now we have a super powerful hero

At what threshold will the smaller villages get their own turn or will it always be 3 actions for across the nation?
>>
>>1397994
Its 3 turns across the nation. Keeps things from devolving into a massive beauracratic mess.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d20)

>>1397877
One of the Elven youths decides to research about metal in the Minotaur village.

If i get a 20 on this gib METAL MAGIC so we can be FUCKING BRUTAL
>>
>10. Train Alleya, Fire magic.

Your priestess of Helios sits across from Alleya, the young elven prodigy rapidly proving proficient in all forms of Light magic the Priestess tests her in. She forms shields and blades of pure light, small globes of Solar energy like miniature suns, even a momentary beam of pure light that scores a molten line in the stone wall.
The priestess looks at the smoldering line burnt into the wall above her head and smiles tightly
"That's enough for today dear, run along"
>Alleya gains adept Light magic abilities. Combat against unholy enemies is boosted.

>18. Magical metals.

Your craftsmen and mages observe carefully as one of the freed dwarven slaves shows them how to work the molten iron and forge it into weapons and tools. He waves forward a elven mage he had been experimenting on a project with and the mage rapidly begins channeling arcana into the molten iron as the dwarf hammers the metal into shape. The coiling wisps of magic are folded into the iron as the hits rain down upon the metal until with a hiss and puff of blue flame it is quenched in a vat of oil. A gleaming short blade is pulled out, a faint wisp of arcane energy following it.
"Tis Infused Iron. Stronger than t'regular kind. Lighter. Doesn't rust. Can deflect spells too if'n yer fast enough m'lords. Cuts like a sawtoothed razor."

>Infused Iron Created. With a proper supply of iron, a skilled blacksmith and a powerful mage this special material can be created. Blades and arrowheads crafted of Infused iron have a bonus against magical enemies. Infused Iron armor can deflect spells and is much lighter than regular iron armor.

>11. Ironwood Forest.

Boros sits upon his customary stump, chanting in the arcane tongue. He directs his power toward a small seedling planted in a mix of fertile top soil, ash, iron filings and powdered rust. As he chants the seedling begins sprouting, leaves turning a dark, shining Grey in the center with reddish brown edges. The trunk is a smooth, dull Grey, flecked with red patches similar to rust. It stretches tall and straight with long, smooth branches emerging in perfectly circular rows. Your mage strokes his beard and steps forward, drawing his flint knife and slashing hard at the trunk. The blade shatters like glass in his hand,leaving only a faint scratch on the trunk.
"This'll do"
>Ironwood created. The wood of this magical tree can be ground, filed or magically worked into swords, spears, arrowheads or staffs. It is light and strong and readily accepts enchantments. They occasionally grows ironFruits which should be avoided as they are quite heavy. IronFruits can be melted down and forged like typical iron.
>>
>Tribe- Arcaestra

>pop- 265

>Tech-
Ghostbone spears
Ironwood spears
Advanced Bows,
Ghostbone arrowheads,
Ironwood arrows
Basic clothes,
Basic armor (leather)
improved Huts,
Holy Firewall,
Temple of Helios
Small temple of Helios
Advanved Fire magic,
Advanced Light magic,
Farm- +2 pop
expert warriors
Adept nature magic
Adept Floral creatures,
beast pen,
beast taming,
Domesticated Direwolves,
Library
Iron mine
Forge
Infused Iron
Blessing of Tela-+3 pop
Magical spear
Adept spirit magic
Advanced healing magic
ShriekBerries
WolfThorn
Oak Guardians
Wraiths (The Ghosts)
WraithBark armor
Forest Labyrinth
Forest Sentinel
Grove of the fallen

>Important villagers-
Boris- nature mage,
Priestess of Helios.
Luca the Wolfmaster,
Priestess of Tela
Theonis-Spirit mage
The Wraiths
Root

Secondary Village-
Solcaestra

Pop-52

>Tech
Small temple to Helios
Herds.
Direwolves.
Horses.

Important villagers-
Alleya-Triumvirate mage (Spirit,Solar,Nature)
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

use this ironwood to build a bigger and stronger perimeter wall, and expand the actual village proper further into our forest

also, this wall should have contraptions that throw ironfruit, that'd be pretty useful
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>1398702
Start research on Earth magic.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

Lucia should be made the first infused iron full mail and sword.

He will be a vanguard against any outside magical threat and a contingency against rogue magis
>>
>>1398747
Before I start working on this can you give me some uses of earth magic that youre thinking of? Just so were clear on things
>>
>>1398717
Like a small Trebuchet?
>>
>>1398810
*Luca and He already has a suit of WraithBark armor which is quite magically resistant in its own properties. He could be give a equipment piece of Infused iron. Perhaps a sword or Shield? He already has a GhostBone spear.
>>
>>1398871
yeah, and since they're technically wood they could be infused with fire quite easily

also even though i wasn't the one who said it, maybe in terms of earth magic, minor-major terraforming? i'm thinking like avatar type stuff
>>
>>1398868
It can probably be used for construction of walls, buildings, trenches, tunnels and other such things.
>>
>>1398875
Infused Iron kite shield
>>
>>1398868
Went to sleep last when you answered.
Sorry.

By earth magic i meant kinetic manipulation of earth (digging at a moderate pace, propeling pebbles at high speed and being able to run faster ) , being able to condense it into denser forms like granite or disolve it into less dense forms like sand(for construction and crafting for example) and sensing through the earth within a certain radius (being able to discern the material composition within the ground for mining and farming).
>>
>>1400181
>>1401273
This. And also possibly the use of golems and some the legend of aang avatar tier shit
>>
>>1401547
>>1401547
>>1401547

N E W. T H R E A D
E
W

T
H
R
E
A
D
Thread posts: 488
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.