[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mahgic Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: 1483875565604.png (2MB, 840x1150px) Image search: [Google]
1483875565604.png
2MB, 840x1150px
This quest will be relativley off and on depending on my mood to run it.
I'll start a Discord chanell at the end of the thread.
Voting is done in 30minute intervals.
Roll only when i demand a roll.
That being said have fun.
---------------------------------------------------------------
You are awoken from your sleep by prickling electricity assaulting your back and hearing a strange sounding but familliar language.
----------------------------------------------------------
''Is the test subject finally awake?''
''Yes master. May we proceed with our questioning?''
''Let him find his bearings first.''
--------------------------------------------------------
As you open your eyes you find your self looking at two men wearing white garb that you assume is meant for laboratories.
You seem unable to move your limbs or head in any way.
--------------------------------------------------------------
''Allright it seems he's fully awake now Master Gilbert.''

''Do the standard sanity test first. He's one of the rare samples that didn't expire.''

''You there. Tell me how many fingers i have raised up.''

''Five.'' You respond in a hoarse voice following the shorter mans order as if drawn by some strange force.

He walks up to you and checks your eye reaction after which he gives a satisfied nod.

''Allright what is your name young man?''

''Name?'' You sink into thought.

*Wait were the hell am i? Wasn't i just browsing the net on my phone while waiting for green lights to cross the street?*
Your head starts hurting as you let out a muffled grunt. Try as you may you can't seem to focus as some wierd images are flooding your mind. One set depicting you as some farmers son in a not so well of town and the other one as some grown man studying something in a large ''institute'' you think the right word for it. The pain suddently ends but somehow you can't recall your own name again.

''Can you hear me? I sad what is your name?''

''I don't know.'' You manage to mutter.

''Hm. Then do you know how you came to be here?'' Asks the other taller man.

''I don't know.'' You mutter honestly.

''Hm. Alder step back and dispell your hypnotism. I'll scan his spirit. The damage this subject took this time looks different from the others.''

''As you say master Gilbert.'' The small man moves out of the way.

The tall man starts to emmit spme strange noise from his throat. It seems nonsensical but structured somehow. Almost like a language of sorts.
As he finishes you black out again.
>>
>>1377860

''Wake up!''

You are thrown awake after having your head soaked in water.

''I-im awake.'' You manage to stutter out before being lifted up and sat down on a wodden chair.

''Hmph. Newbie, the tower master is generous. You are able to become a servant here now that you survived that sensless Spirit experiment.''
A burly fat man greets your eyes as you look up.

''They say you lost your memories so i will make things simple for your self. You will work here and do as you are told. You are given the priviledge to study certain knowledge and have a half-decent accomodation and food inside the tower. Do not think of disobeying anyone of the acolytes marked in grey robes like my self or the Magi in white robes. Talk only when you are allowed to talk. Do you understand?''

Yo nod your still weat head in understanding.

''Allright. This here is your room from now on. On the table you can find a book detailing the towers workings and the duties you will recieve. You are also given a training manual to train your mind and body or you will die from the magic auras sooner than later. Do you have anything you want to ask?''

''What am i doing here and who am i?''

''You are a slave that was used in an experiment to implant a spiritual artificial Spirit...
Ah let's just say they tried to put something in your head and it didn't work so you lost your memories.
You are quite fortunate to stay alive and healthy after that.
As for your name...I don't really know since nobody cares about slaves anyway. Here's your indentification wristband. I'll let you pick your name so i can carve it into it for you.''

>Pick your name (you are a guy)
>>
>>1377885
I vote Guy. Guy the guy
>>
>>1377885
Guy is good, but I like Marcus
>>
>>1377885
>>1377952
>>1377960
How about Guy Fawkes?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1377952
>>1377960
Allright so rollan for a split.
>>
>>1377984

''Marcus''

''Allright Marcus. I suggest you eat some soop and then read through the manual on the table. You will get called in the morning and will be guided to your new duties with the other servants.''

After he left you quickly chug down the small bowl of soup and sit down.

What do you do now?

>Organize your thoughts
>Read the manual
>Inspect the room
>Inspect your self
>>
>>1377984
>>1377994
Well I got screwed.
>>
>>1378013
Sorry buddy just a minute separates your posts. He probably didn't see it.
>>1377994
Inspect self then room, see what we're working with
>>
>>1377994
>Inspect your self
then
>Inspect the room
>>
>>1378013
You got screwed by the auto-update timer being set at 180.

>>1378033
>>1378046

You decide to look through the stuff in your room first.

There's a book regal.
A stone?-bed with some sheets.
A cabinet for clothes with 3 sets of clean yellow pants and shirts with white rimms, a pair of leather shoes and a large mirror on the wall where you can see your reflection.

You are some 190Cm tall and lanky with barely any meat ony you.
Long messy brown hair and a stubble on your skull-like face.

Well it seems you didn't get to eat well for quite some time.
You don't see any other flaws or injuries on your self and turn your attention to the book regal.
Most of the books are written in the common Roc-land language with titles ranging from ''Basics of precious minerals'' to ''The introduction of courtly etiquette''.

''Um...What's the Roc-land language?''
You ask your self scratching your head.

>Organize your thoughts.
>Better read that manual for now, that fatass said i'll die without it.
>>
>>1378061
Well read the manual, best to not die
>>
>>1378061
>Better read that manual for now, that fatass said i'll die without it.
then read Courtly etiquette
>>
>>1378068
>>1378073
Well for now you decide to read the book on the table.
The first few pages talk about the paths of Mysticism the Magi and the Martial mystics who wield spiritual powers and their life-aura to achieve things beyond normal mortals.
That's some Harry Potter shit right there.

Anyway you stop on a page that describes what each of these represents.

''The Martial mystics train their bodies and vitality through a set of exercises consisting of esotheric coreography , breathing and posture practice. The Magi on the other hand train their minds and spirits through self-hypnosis to build up power to affect the world arround them. This booklet contains a few medium acolyte method for each of these. Each has their own benefits.''

Martial mystic exercizes:

>''6 way dance'' raises coordination along with vitality.
>''Wall heaving motion'' raises strenght along with vitality
>''Lung-drum singing'' concentrates on raising vitality to a higher degree.

Mage exercises
> ''3 Orrourbous rings chant'' solidifes the ability to use magic of the 6 major elements.
> ''Spirit web chant'' enhances spiritual control.
> ''Owl-song chant'' enhances memorisation ability.

>Read further
>Start training now
>>
>>1378119
I vote read further, see what else is in the book
>>
>>1378119
>Read further
>>
>>1378142
You decide to read carefully what comes next.

Further explanations on Magi training mention that one needs to absorb the ''essences'' of the 6 basic elements to gain the abiltiy to use magic. One should however put their main focus on one element. Once one enters the training trance one can notice them as globes of various colours that float arround in space.

Earth = Yellow
Air = Green
Water = Blue
Fire = Red
Light = White
Darkness = Black

The ability to manipulate one element mainly impacts the ability to use spells that utuilize that particular magic element.

''Seems simple enoug.''

The rest of the book is a chart of the tower and surroundings, the etiquette you need to know and rules about higyene and lewells of acces you posess.

''It's getting fairly late right now. Better pick one training method and start with it.''

Pick one from above.
You can re-read the book later to learn the others.
>>
Allright gonna sleep now.
Will be back in 12 hours.
>>
>>1378119
>''Owl-song chant'' enhances memorisation ability.

Seems like the best advantage for our situation
>>
>>1378178
> ''3 Orrourbous rings chant'' solidifes the ability to use magic of the 6 major elements.
>>1378206
Cool I'll be back thanks
>>
>>1378178
>''Owl-song chant'' enhances memorization ability.
>>
>>1378178
>''Owl-song chant'' enhances memorisation ability.
>>
>>1378211
>>1378235
>>1378366
Allright,
I'm back and awake.

''For now this Owl-song chant seems usefull.''

You begin by sitting down in a squatting position and start to read the text of the chant in a mantric way before at some point the sounds of you muttering is replaced by the sound of a hooting owl.
You begin to sense your mind like a small pond and the surrounding elements most of them being yellow, green and black in colour as you gradually absorb them.
The ''pond-water'' seems to get clearer as you continue with the chant and it seems to reflect your memories.
One half of it shows your skinny self growing up on a poor farm living with 3 older siblings and your old parrents their faces however seem blurry or twisted in...You don't know but you feel like you hated them for something.
Ah yes. It was them who sold you off to traveling acolytes of the tower for some money.
It's but a common occurence in the region that you live in.
You spare your self looking through the rest of these memories and jump to the other side where you see the image of a different looking slightly older guy who is apparently studying something in an institution.
You come to read a book title within the fregmented memory:

>Human anathomy (Medical knowledge)
>C++ Advanced (Programming knowledge)
>Intermediate Biochemistry (Chemistry knowledge)
>Precise workings of a Car 2008 edition (Engineering knowledge)
>>
>>1380237
Woohoo! Back earlier than expected but sadly I must go to bed now...
But I'll vote anyway and be back when I wake up
>>
>>1380390
Allright. 30 minute vote is up.

The knowledge keeps flooding in.
You were a student in a slightly well of familly and decided to study Bio-chemistry in university.
All these forreign yet familliar images flood your mind and ingrain them selves to a point where they wipe over most of the memories of your farmer self.
You sit there in a daze contemplating what happened.
Your body definetly belongs to that farmer who was sold of as a slave.
Your mind however belongs to that man who was studying advanced knowledge in a different society.
The term ''past life'' floats in your head as you heave a sigh.
So you awakened some sort of memories of a past life maybe?

''This sort of mess...How do i deal with it.
I can't let those Magi know about this or they'll cut me up for research. For now best to keep a low profile.''

As you ended your practice you find your self able to recall things you saw vividly without effort.
Seems that you achieved the basic practice stage of the Owl-song chant.
From here on practicing it will get slower but if you manage to advance to a high level acolyte then you will be granted freedom as well as the opportunity to become a full fledged mystic.

As you asses your own situation you notice it's allready late at half past midnight.
Better go to sleep now.

cont.
>>
>>1380415
You manage to wake up early at sunrise, taking care of washing your face and other sanitary needs.
Dressing in your yellow servant robes you head out and follow the mental map to the servant gathering area.
You find a few average looking men and women wearing the same clothes as you sitting arround a table , eating breakfast and waiting for something.
You notice a counter where an old lady is handing out what you assume to be boiled eggs and mashed pottatoes.
Heading up there she takes notice of you and strikes up a conversation.

''A new face is it? What's your name boy? Where are you from?''
''Um, my name is Marcus. I don't really remember anything except being an experiment subject.''
''Another one eh. Well at least you seem to be somewhat normal. It's quite rare to remain sane after the Lord had his way with you. Here's your meal. You should join the other servants at the table soon. My name is Milly by the way. Take care of your self.''
''Tahnk you.''

Stepping towards the table you meet the gaze of a friendly looking blonde man.

''Hey newbie. Come sit down with us.''
''Don't mind if i do.''

You sit down at the table with 6 other individuals.
The handsome young bloonde man that called you,
a black haired buff middle aged guy,
a grey haired skinny old man,
a rat-faced teen aged bald youngster,
a brown haired woman with an ordinary face
and a willowy skinny red-haired woman with freckless on her face.

The men are all clean shaven and they old man along with the middle aged man have their hair tied up in a long braid behind their backs.
The young blonde man has his hair combed neatly to the side.

The women both have their hair tied up in a pony tail.

It seems to be related to work ethic here so you quickly take a band of cloth and tie up your messy long hair as well.

''Allright it's time for a round of introduction.'' The bloond haired youth starts.

''My name is Harris of house Gussard.
The grey haired elder across from me is my uncle Peter.
The black haired man beside him is Torm from a family of blacksmiths.
The young woman with brown hair beside me is my sister Janis.
The skiny lass over there is Helen.
So what's your name?''

''My name is Marcus, nice to meet...''

You get interrupted by the rat-faced boy.
''Hey goldylocks why didn't you introduce ME!''

You see a vein popping on Harris head as a cold smile creeps onto his lips.
''Ah i didn't notice there was an animal at the table. This guy is named Ratface.''
You hear the others stiffle a chuckle.

''You are the Ratface. Your whole familly is a Ratface!''
The youngster screams eliciting more stiffled laughs.
''My great name is Ratty! Lord Gilbert himself named me as such and you should show propper respect to ME!''
He proudly announces as if wanting to be the centre of the world.
The others are allready turning their faces away to hide their laughter as he turns to you for approval.

cont.
>>
>>1380459

''Um, nice to meet you Ratty...''
You manage to put on a pokerface and hope this will be over soon.

Thankfully salvation comes in the form of the fat man from yesterday.
He's waring the standard garb of high level Acolytes.
Only servants who achieve that level before the age of 30 are able to wear those grey robes.
You are now also able to sense something like waves comming from his body, indicating some sort of pressure of a higher level acolyte.

''Everyone callm down and sit back to eat.
Ratt-face stop putting on a show early in the morning. You are annoying me.''

''Yes boss.'' Ratty sits down obediently and shuts up.
Thank God.

''Allright i trust everyone met our new friend Marcus here. He was a test subject in one of the Lord's experiments but thankfully only lost his memories unlike some people who also lost their sense of shame.'' He focuses his look at Ratty again.

''Anyway i'll assign him to work with old man Peter in the Herb gardens for now.
Boy which method have you started to train in.''

''The Owl-song chant.'' You anwser.

''Allright. Good choice. I'll now test your elemental aptitude. It shows you which elements you should focus on while training.
Afterwards follow old man Patrick to your work station.
Also each month you will get 5 contribution points for compleeting your regular servant tasks.
Once you reach the mid-acolyte level you will be able to take missions outside the tower for more points.
And if you manage to become a high level acolyte before the age of 30 you will gain a 500 point award.
You can exchange these points with goods, spells and other knowledge with me according to your clearance levels.
Also at the end of this month you will be given a free low level magic spell of your choice.
Any further question?''

''Yes. I wish to know how to adress you as.''

''I'm Fatty Vrban. Just call me Chief-Fatty.
Remember as long as you do well in your work you will be rewarded. Those that don't manage to do their work however will end up as test subjects for the spell practice of us high-level acolytes.
Now give me your hand to test you.''
You obey his command and immediately enter a trance where you see the blobs of light that represent the magical elements again.

Assign your elemental affinity (it determines how god and fast you are with training the spells of a given element).

You have 10 points to assign.

Earth = 0
Air = 0
Water = 0
Fire = 0
Light = 0
Darkness = 0
>>
Rolled 5 (1d6)

>>1380490

>You have 10 points to assign.
3 points per vote and one random determined by a d6 rolled by me

>Earth = 0
>Air = 0
>Water = 0
>Fire = 0
>Light = 0
>Darkness = 0
>>
>>1380491
Water, Earth, Light
>>
>>1380685
>You have 6 points to assign.

>Earth = 1
>Air = 0
>Water = 1
>Fire = 0
>Light = 2
>Darkness = 0

Just waiting for more posters.
>>
>>1380689
>>1380491
Seems like my ID changed again
>>
>>1380689
Try adding a trip code.
>>
>>1380694
How do tripfag?
>>
>>1380695
"Name" #"tripcode"
>>
>>1380697
let's try this
>>
>>1380698
>>1380697
Allright.
Thanks a bunch.

You get an extra vote for one action in the future.
>>
Rolled 3, 3, 4, 2, 4, 1 = 17 (6d4)

Still no posters?
Man this is a slow board.
Rollan since nobody will vote anyway.
Adding 6d4 down the line.
>>
>>1381010
>>Earth = 4
>>Air = 3
>>Water = 5
>>Fire = 2
>>Light = 6
>>Darkness = 1

Anti EDGY POWERS ENGAGED.

Posting in 12 hours again.
It's late for writeups.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.