[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xiaolin Showdown Quest One Shot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 19

File: XSQ.png (11KB, 347x145px) Image search: [Google]
XSQ.png
11KB, 347x145px
This is just a one shot I'm doing to get experience and also see if anybody is interested in the idea.
>You are a traveling martial artist who has been hired by a mysterious girl to help her collect several artifacts that she refers to as "Shen-Gong-Wu".
>She has warned you that the journey will not be easy as you will face many trials and even face others who wish to obtain the artifacts for themselves, but she promises that the reward will be worth it.
>You have tracked the first Wu to waterfall hidden in the forest.
Before anything else, please roll a 1d20.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>1374489
Oh shit, a Xiaolin Showdown Quest.
>>
>>1374489
Cool
>>
>>1374489
Now, what kind of person are you?
>Cool, Calm, Collected
>Loud, Brash, Arrogant
>>
File: jack spicer.jpg (35KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
jack spicer.jpg
35KB, 210x240px
>>1374586
Loud! Brash! Arrogant! Some might say, GENIUS!
>>
>>1374586
>Cool, Calm, Collected

If it ends up a tie, then I'll switch my vote.
>>
>>1374586
>>Loud, Brash, Arrogant
>>
>>1374586
>>Cool, Calm, Collected
No real preference here.
>>
We got a tie here folks.
>>
>>1374586
>>Cool, Calm, Collected
>>
>>1375113
And we have a winner. Prompt incoming.
>>
File: raimundo pissed.png (195KB, 448x338px) Image search: [Google]
raimundo pissed.png
195KB, 448x338px
>>1375113
>mfw we can't be Kung Fu Jack Spicer
Nah it's okay. Reporting in, >>1375123
>>
>>1375139
Don't worry,this is only a One Shot, if I decide to make a real quest I'll be starting over. This is more to test out fights and such.
>>1374586
So you're Calm person, a strong mind and will that allow you to not lose your cool in situations that many warriors can crack under.
Now, you already know that you are a martial artist, but what is your weapon of choice?
>My fist are all that I need.
>My sword serves as an extension of my body
>A magical staff gifted to me by my old master is one my most prized possessions.
>>
>>1375160
>>My fist are all that I need.
>>
>>1375160
>>My fist are all that I need.
>>
>>1375160
>My fist are all that I need.

>Xiaolin Showdown quest
I need this
>>
>>1375161
>>1375170
>>1375197
Should I just take these three and continue?
>>
>>1375253
Up to you, man.

From what I remember, some quests set a time limit for how long people can vote for until OP starts writing.

Board seems kinda slow right now though, so if you're looking for more people to participate then you can either wait until more show up which might take a while, or keep going and eventually others will trickle in probably.
>>
>>1375261
Oh, and
>My fists are all that I need.
>>
>>1375160
>My fists are all I need
>>
>>1375160
>My fist are all that I need
>>
File: Cindy.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Cindy.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>1375160
>Fists
Right! God gave use two hands for a reason, to hit things obviously. Now onto the story...

Two figures strolled through the forest at an even pace as the only sound between the two was a steady beeping sound coming from the smaller of the two's device.
"We're almost there, see?", Cindy, your employer and travel companion said as she raise a small circular device for you to see. Not even giving you enough time time to process the sight, she pulled it away and began looking at her map, mumbling to herself about which 'Wu" she found this time.
>Make conversation to pass the time (Talk about what?)
>Roll for Awareness of your surroundings
>Stay quiet
>>
>>1375335
>>
>>1375335
>>Roll for Awareness of your surroundings
>>
>>1375335
>>Roll for Awareness of your surroundings
>>
>>1375335
>Roll for awareness
>>
>>1375335
>>
>>1375335
Roll me some 1d10, I'll take the first three and if you can pass 18 it's a success.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1375366
Think you meant 1d20, if not I'll roll again.
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>1375366
>>
>>1375373
Nah I meant 10, but I'll change the DC to 15
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>1375366

>>1375373

Unless he meant that he would add up all the rolls of d10
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>1375366
>>
>>1375366
3+8+6= 17
17>15 = Success!
You guys are lucky I lowered the DC

While your 'friend' babbles on about something or the other, you clear your mind as you listen for anything suspicious in your surroundings.
It takes a while, but soon you're able to pick up on the faint sound of something moving in the treeline. You cast a glance at Cindy to see to if she heard it as well, but she seems to be writing down notes in her book as she speculates on what 'Wu' she she hoped this one would be.
She obviously isn't going to be any help, so you theorize on your follower. It could simply be an animal, or perhaps someone who's just traveling in the same direction as you and her. Although, considering how 'off the beaten path' your route is, plus the warnings she has given you in who else searches for these artifacts, if the follower is hostile, things could turn ugly quick.
What do you want to do?
>Warn Cindy of the follower.
>Tell Cindy continue ahead and intercept them yourself.
Continue ahead, if they want the artifact themselves, you'll just stop them.
>Write In.
>>
>>1375667
>>Warn Cindy of the follower.
>>
>>1375667
>Warn Cindy of the follower.
>>
>>1375667
>Warn Cindy of the follower

Being the cool guy that we are and this being an 'off the beaten path' that it is, I vote that we attempt to find an ambush location (dense trees, sharp turns around obstructive terrain, etc) and use it to turn the tables on our pursuer.

Just make sure to mutter this to Cindy so she knows the plan.
>>
>>1375704
Supporting
>>
>>1375667
Keeping track of followers possible location in the back of your head, you slow down your pace until you are walking right next to Cindy. As she cluelessly prattles on, you quickly pull her in close to you. You're quite taller than her, so she comes up to just about your chest and while you are well filled out with muscle, she is so small that in her current position, someone approaching from behind would most likely not see her. As she sputters in surprise, swinging her arms as her face heats up, you quiet her down.
"We're being tailed", you say beneath your breath.
"W-what?"
"Someone is following us, they've probably been at it for while too. I'm gonna try to cut him off though, if we're lucky he's only expecting you so I can't ambush him, but if we both move it can possibly throw him off as well."
Cindy looked absolutely scared, perhaps she wasn't good with physical altercations.
"W-w-what are you gonna do?"
>Have Cindy push forward and circle back to get them
>Both Cindy and you change path and lead him away from the treasure.
>>
>>1375866
>Follower's
>Can ambush
>>
>>1375866
>>
>>1375866
>>
>>1375866
>have cindy push forward
>>
>>1375866
“You go ahead, I’ll deal with our guest here.”
“N-no wait! You could get hurt.”
She grabs your arm with as much strength as her small body can muster. For someone who you wouldn’t consider yourself to be very ‘friendly’ with, the way she seems scared for you is a new feeling. As she continues to beg you to stay with her and push ahead, you not that you don’t hear the follower moving again.
Well, at least now you know for sure that you’re being followed.
You try to push the girl off, but this time she simply wraps herself around your torso in a bear-hug. “P-please, I don’t wanna go off by myself”
>Fine, I’ll stay with you and we’ll go ahead.
>No, it’s too dangerous to get you involved if a fight breaks out.
>Stay silent
>Write-in
>>
>>1376227
>Fine, I'll accompany you
>>
>>1376227
>Fine, I’ll stay with you and we’ll go ahead.

inb4 she's the villain and needs us as a human sacrifice
>>
>>1376227
>>No, it’s too dangerous to get you involved if a fight breaks out.
>>
>>1376227
"Fine, I'll stick with you, but we need to pick up the pace and get the treasure okay?"

Cindy nods her head quickly in relief as the two of you continue forward. You try to listen out for the follower's sound but find nothing anymore.

"Not good."
"What's not good?"
"I can't hear him anymore, either he's gone or he realized I heard him and got more quiet.", you strain your senses, trying to pick up the smallest of disturbances, but come up empty handed.
"Well it doesn't matter, we're really close, I'm sure if we hurry we can get there before the stalker."

>You're right, let's push ahead.
>No, I want to make sure they're gone.
>Write-in.
>>
>>1377803
>No, I want to make sure they're gone
>>
>>1377803
>>No, I want to make sure they're gone.

We can't have them popping up at the last minute with an evil laugh before ruining everything in the most crucial moment
>>
File: Cindy17.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Cindy17.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>1377803
You let out a sigh, as much as you feel obligated to stay and protect her, like she hired you to do, you just can't leave the follower alone.

"Push ahead, I'm going back."
"Bu-"

You give her a light push as you turn your back on her, "We can't risk them popping up when we find what we're looking for, you said it's close right?", you ask as you cast a glance back towards the girl.All Cindy can seem to do is just nod weakly in response as you grunt in acknowledgement.

"Then run the rest of the way, when you get the artifact hide and wait for me to show up. Then we can leave. Got it?"

You look back at her, scanning her face for any sign of defiance, but all she shows is fear. Letting out a sigh, you turn to hear fully and tell her this:
"I'm not gonna die, if that's what you're worried about, now hurry up and go"

It's far from your best speech, but it'll have to work for now. Cindy looks to think something over for a while before shaking her fear off and flashing you a smile.

"Be safe big guy, okay?"

Before you can answer, she's already running off to the treasure. With that finally dealt with, you turn to face the forest and attempt to sense you stalker's presence again.

>Because he is weary of alerting you again, the DC is 16, roll me 3 1d10s.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>1377907
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>1377907
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>1377907
50-50 chance
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>1377907
probably too late to roll but I wanna roll anyway

>tfw the first three were just 1 away from DC
>>
As Cindy's footsteps fade into the distance, you begin to focus. Clearing your mind, you listen closely for anything signs of your follower.

> 7+4+4 = 15
> 15<16
> Failure!

You stand there for minutes, but you can't hear anything! Did you lose him somehow? Your eyes jump around frantically as you look for something, anything to help you locate this predator.

Perhaps, maybe he got pass you while you were focusing? That would mean Cindy could be in trouble?

OR

Maybe he's just laying back, waiting for you to let your guard down and strike?

>Stay here and look for them
>Go to Cindy
>>
>>1378053
Cindy could be in trouble!
>>
>>1378053
>>Go to Cindy
Even if we can't find him now, he's bound to pop up when the wu appears. We just have to be ready to intercept.
>>
>>1378053
>>Go to Cindy
>>
>>1378053
>Go to Cindy
>>
File: Cindy5.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Cindy5.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>1378053
Staying here waiting for this person would take to long, you decide that it's best you catch up to Cindy and wait for them to reveal themselves.

Running in the direction you saw her take off in, you soon end up at a small lake in a clearing. You find your employer on her knees in the middle of looking under a rock. You approach her quietly and stand at her side until she finishes and sand back up.

"Ahhh!", she jumps back, startled fro your sudden appearance. "When did you get here?"

"I only just got here."

Upon hearing this, Cindy gets a cocky grin and puffs her chest out in victory. "So they were no match for my bodyguard huh? I knew getting you was the right choice."

Before you can correct her, she turns around and continues searching. "If you're wondering why I'm searching, my tracker only says the general area that the Shen-Gong-Wu is in, I have to pinpoint it myself unfortunately.", she grumbles that last part under her breath as she resumes her task, leaving you to your devices.

>Help her search
>Sheng-Gong-Wu?
>Sense for the stalker
>Do nothing
>>
>>1378197
>would take too long*
>>
>>1378197
>Sense for the stalker
>>
>>1378197
>>Sense for the stalker
>>
>>1378197
>sense for the stalker
>>
>>1378197
>DC: 15

Roll!
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>1378424
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>1378424
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>1378424
>>
We've got that assholes's number
>>
File: TheWuIsSomewhere.jpg (40KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
TheWuIsSomewhere.jpg
40KB, 600x400px
>>1378424
As you tune the sound of Cindy searching in the back of your head, you try to sense the follower one last time.

>5+5+8 = 18
>18>15
>Success!
If you weren't listening out, you probably would've missed it, but it seems as though he has gotten cocky, disregarding stealth in favor of a full-frontal assault. You hear his footsteps loud and clear as he sprints towards the clearing.

(Due to your success in the last roll, you have the upper hand. Instead of me rolling for the follower, their DC is set at 35, now roll a 1d100 and try to beat that!)
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>1378545
>>
>>1378563
"Very sloppy. While you have some aptitude at stealth, you clearly have little idea of how to plan an ambush. i give you a D minus"
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>1378545
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>1378545
>>
>>1378563
>>1378709
>>1378842
That poor bastard never stood a chance
>>
>>1378545
You square yourself up and brace for the attack. As the blur darts out of the bushes in your direction, you're ready for him.

The first strike you blocks instinctively, and the follow up is easily swatted away. Oddly enough, he somehow manages to get a third punch in his combo, this one coming in low. However, you simply guard low and deflect it. Finally seeing an opening for a counter, you deliver a stiff strike to the attacker's jaw, sending him back quite a distance.

As the two of you stood opposite each other, you finally had the opportunity to properly assess the man before you. He looked to be of African descent, as his dark brown skin told you. He stood a bit tall than you, but the previous exchange showed that he could still move nimbly. His face seemed carved of stone as it was devoid of emotion, simply sizing you up just as you were doing to him.

Your eyes traveled to his clothes, he seemed to be wearing a traditional karate gi, except the top was red and black, with a black pants and black shoes. He also wore a blue belt that oddly complemented the outfit.

Before you could continue the bout, a scream broke the silence as you both turned to the source. Cindy stood up, jumping up and down as she clutched at an odd looking helmet made of bronze. "I found it, I found it!", she sung as she twirled around in excitement.

>What is that? (To Cindy)
>Who are you? (To Stranger)
>Say nothing
>Write-in
>>
>>1379474
>Who are you? (To Stranger)

Get him monologuing
>>
>>1379474
>>Who are you? (To Stranger)
>>
>>1379474
>>What is that? (To Cindy)
>>
>>1379474
This guy doesn't look like a monologuer
>What's is that? (to Cindy)
Faster we get access to Sheng Gong Wu the better
>>
>>1379474
"Discretion is the better part of valor, friend. Leave before we make things messy."
>>
File: AfricanXiaolinWarrior2.png (114KB, 350x254px) Image search: [Google]
AfricanXiaolinWarrior2.png
114KB, 350x254px
>>1379474
Deciding to keep your eyes glued to the immediate threat, you tune Cindy out as you turn to face the warrior once more.

"Who are you?"

It is only after you have asked your question that you realize the entire time he's been keeping his eye's on something behind you, so either Cindy,,,,or the artifact.

Upon finishing her happy dance, Cindy turns towards you, holding up her prize."Look! It's the..." she seems to freeze in place as her eyes finally rest upon the stranger. "WHAT IS HE DOING HERE!!!!!" she screams at the top of her lungs.

Without a moments hesitation, Cindy move to cower behind you, her face turning pale as she kept her eyes on the man.

"Cindy, who is this?", you ask her, your patience beginning to wear thin at this point.

"That's a Xiaolin Warrior you idiot! What are you doing fighting someone like him? How are you not dead as yet?", she continued to berate you as you eyed your opponent in this new light.

"What's so special about those guys?" you say, gesturing towards the statuesque man.

"They want these." Cindy answers as she lifts up her treasure. "They're called 'Sheng-Gong -Wu', and they are used to defeat beings." she explained as though she was reading straight from a book. "This beauty right here is the, uhm....", she digs through her bag looking for her notebook.

"The Helmet Of Jong,it grants the user the ability to see behind them", the African warrior spoke up.

"How do you know?"

"Because Xiaolin Warriors are the protectors of all Sheng-Gong-Wu. We stop them from falling into....irresponsible hands."

Cindy sticks her tongue out at the man. "It's mine I found it!"

He turns to look at you,"You seem reasonable. May I please ask that you hand the Helmet of Jong over to me?"

>Yes
>No
>Stay Silent
>Write-in
>>
>>1380552
>stay silent
>>
>>1380552
>Write-in
On one condition, you gotta train me if your supposed to be so strong.
>>
>>1380552
>Stay Silent
>>
>>1380552
If you are meant to be the protector of the Shen Gon Wu, you are doing poorly.
I will give you a second chance however:
If you can defeat me in a duel, I will hand over Jong's Helmet.
>>
>>1380552
>>Stay Silent
>>
>>1380585
>>1380588
It's not ours to give. It's our employer's.
>>
>>1380595
I have no intention of losing to this fool
(I have every intention of starting a Xaolin Showdown though)
>>
>>1380597
I imagine few people lose intentionally. Regardless of your intent, it's still not ours to promise him.
>>
>>1380552
>Write-in

It is not mine to give, and I have been hired to protect my employer, are you planning on harming her?
>>
File: OhShit!.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
OhShit!.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>1380552
You mull over his question for a short while. It's truly not your's to answer, so that's what you tell him.

"I'm just a bodyguard, the fate of the...", you pause and try to remember the name they were using from before, "... Helmet of Jong, is out of my hands."

As you finish your piece, you move so that you stand between the warrior and Cindy, taking a defensive stance.

Just in case he got any funny ideas.

The warrior lets out a heavy sigh, stepping back a bit as he enters his own stance. "I was hoping this could be done in a more 'civilized' manner, but you have forced my hand." Suddenly, he shouts out.

"Third Arm Sash!"

>Roll to React! (First three rolls, beat his roll.)
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>1380901
>>
Rolled 31 (1d100)

>>1380901
Should've started a Xaolin Showdown on our terms, but nooooo...
>>
>>1380907

We are honurubu bodyguard
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>1380901
>>
>>1380964

Well fuck
>>
>>1380964
>>1381013
Shit happens.
>>
File: CindyRN.jpg (44KB, 490x390px) Image search: [Google]
CindyRN.jpg
44KB, 490x390px
>>1380901
The Sash darts past you before you can even react. Somehow it began moving on its own, curling around you like a snake and swatting the helmet from Cindy's hands, sending it flying through the air.

"HEY!!!"

>Grab the Helmet!
>Attack the Warrior!
>Write-in
>>
>>1381425
>>Grab the Helmet!
>>
>>1381425
>Grab the Helmet
>>
>>1381425
>Grab the Helmet!
>>
>>1381425
>grab the helmet
>>
>>1381425
>Grab the Helmet!
>>
Rolled 86, 80 = 166 (2d100)

>>1381425
Ignore the rolls and Roll for that catch! First 3 of course
>>
>>1381491
1d100 or 2d100?
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>1381491
>>
>>1381500
1d100
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>1381491
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>1381491
>>
>these rolls
Is this the part of the episode where we turn into a jobber?
>>
>>1381518
I guess we aren't the cool villain that gets things done, like Lizard-Man or the Shen Gon Wu Golem-thing... fuck I need to watch this show again.
>>
>>1381502
>>1381511
>>1381514
I'm going to give you guys a choice here, do you wanna go one with these rolls or should I take the next 2-3 rolls, I know you all are waiting for the showdown, so I'll give you guys this chance and we can get to the main event (hopefully I don't fuck that up as well).
>>
>>1381527
Give us another 3 rolls please
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>1381527
A second chance would be nice.
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>1381527
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>1381527
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>1381527
I just wanna start a Xaolin Showdown man, it's what we've been waiting for.
>>
File: zayn2.jpg (22KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
zayn2.jpg
22KB, 360x360px
>They still don't beat it.
This quest was a mistake
>>
>>1381651
This is what happens when you don't choose Kung Fu Jack Spicer
>>
Hey, OP, can Cindy deus ex machina us into not losing the roll?
Or is she just a Mcguffin?
>>
>>1381684
Yes actually, she was the 86
>>
>>1381738
Cindy is best grill
>>
File: Cindy13.jpg (8KB, 207x244px) Image search: [Google]
Cindy13.jpg
8KB, 207x244px
>>1381651
As the helmet goes flying through the air, you three scurry to grab it. As you go to jump, the warrior's sash grabs your foot and keeps you grounded.

Before you can shake it off, he speeds past you and goes for the helmet, only to be met with a kick to his chin.

Cindy stands scared as he falls before her, looks like she caught the Wu. Her head darts back and forth before she sees you, quickly throwing the helmet your way.

As it lands in your arms, you find some resistance. It seems as though the sash caught it ass you grabbed it, which then caused the helmet to glow oddly enough.

"W-what's happening?"

The warrior slowly raises himself from the ground, he looks surprisingly well for someone who just took an open kick to the face.

"I was hoping we wouldn't have to settle it like this, but you leave me no choice I'm afraid.", he says, his eyes stony as he makes his way over to you.

You take some steps back in defense, wary of his next move. "Come to what!"

"I, Yannick Biyombo of the Xiaolin Temple, challenge you to a Xiaolin Showdown.", he says, his calm demeanor putting you on edge as he only got closer

"Do you accept?"

>Yes
>No
>What's a Xiaolin Showdown?
>Stay silent
>Write-in.
>>
>>1382725
>>What's a Xiaolin Showdown?
>Yes
>>
>>1382725
>What's a Xiaolin Showdown?

As the challenged I have a right to know the rules we're under
>>
>>1382820
Sure, I'll support this.
>>
File: AHelmetForAnts.png (29KB, 136x143px) Image search: [Google]
AHelmetForAnts.png
29KB, 136x143px
>>1382725
You looked at the boy, who you now knew as Yannick, tried to process his declaration.

"What's a Xiaolin Showdown?", you ask, looking at him and Cindy to see if either could provide an answer. Yannick actually waited a bit, probably to let Cindy answer if she could, but after it was obvious that only he knew the answer he began to explain.

"It is a tradition that has carried on for centuries. Where two or more people contest for possession of Sheng-Gong-Wu. It is usually a challenge or game of sorts, with all competitors allowed the use of their own Shen-Gong-Wu. Be wary of what Wu you bring to the battle however, for the winner walks away with all the Wu involved in the showdown."

You nod your head, "So we're just gonna have a game or something for the helmet?"

Yannick finally breaks his stony exterior as he chuckles at your simplified explanation. "Yes, I suppose so.", he returns to his usual look as he continued to the declaration of the challenge. "As the challenger, I shall name the game, and it will be 'Last To Fall In Wins', it will be played in the adjacent lake.", he gestured briefly towards the lake. "For this challenge, I shall wager my Third Arm Sash, and what do you wager?"

>I don't need a Wu
>Cindy, pass me your Wu
>Stay Silent
>Write-in
>>
>>1383302
>>I don't need a Wu

As much as I'd like to use Cindy's Wu, it's still not ours to wager. We'll just have to try and win without it.
>>
>>1383302
>I don't need a Wu
Especially a low tier Wu like the Helmet of Jong
>>
>>1383327
You can ask her, she wants the helmet so she would happily help you.
>>
>>1383302
>>I don't need a Wu
>Write-in
My life.
>>
>>1383302
>I don't need a Wu
>>
File: TheseInTheLake.jpg (370KB, 1300x956px) Image search: [Google]
TheseInTheLake.jpg
370KB, 1300x956px
>>1383302
"I don't need a Wu.", you say proudly as you never break eye contact with Yannick. " I handled you pretty easily when you ambushed us, I'm confident that I can do it again."

Yannick stands his ground as he hears your challenge, "Very well, while it is certainly uncommon, it is not unheard of for one forfeit the right to a Wu in a Showdown. I hope you do not live to regret your brash decision."

Did he just.......kind of insult you?

"It would be wise of you to step back a bit Miss", Yannick says as he turns to look at Cindy. "The area tends to alter for Showdowns, but you will most likely be able to view the fight if you wish."

Cindy nods as she steps back closer to the treeline. "Come on bodyguard, show him who's boss!", she began cheering from the sideline as you and Yannick now stood with both your hands on the Helmet of Jong.

"With that settled, may we begin?"

"Sure."

"XIAOLIN SHOWDOWN!", he shouts as the area begins to alter. The lake widens a bit as several stone pillars of varying heights rise up from its depths.

In the blink of an eye, you find yourself teleported to one of the pillars as Yannick stands on a pillar of his own, a fair distance separating the two of you.

Your eyes move around to get the lay of the land, not only are some pillars higher and lower than others but the distance between some also seem to vary, with some within stepping distance and others that seemed too far apart for a man to jump.

Factor in your opponent's experience over you and his Third Arm Sash. This was gonna be tricky.

"GONG YI TAN PAI!"

Wait, what?", was all you could say as Yannick began racing directly towards you, hopping from pillar with ease.

>Meet him head on
>Move and try to attack from a different angle
>Write-in
>>
>>1383591

>>Move and try to attack from a different angle
>>
>>1383591

Also, keep an eye on our surroundings. Let's make note of isolated pillars and pathways so that we avoid being forcefully 'maneuvered' into them. Normally, I'd recommend doing something similar to Yannick, but the extra mobility conferred by the sash might neutralize this plan.

Do we have any surprises hidden away in our inventory? We don't have Wu, but maybe we can capitalize on mundane items and use our brain.
>>
>>1383660
>Extra items

Just some cooking utensils you Cindy made you carry.

If anyone's curious, would you like to hear what Wu you would've gotten had you choose to ask Cindy for one?
>>
>>1383591
He has the obvious advantage so we gotta think about this.
>>
>>1383686
She had more Wu?
SHE HAD MORE WU AND SHE DIDN'T USE IT BEFORE???
...it's the mantis flip coin isn't it.
>>
>>1384403
N-no....
>>
File: YannickAin'tDumb.jpg (92KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
YannickAin'tDumb.jpg
92KB, 800x532px
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>1383591
Fighting head-on isn't an option in this case. You aren't sure on the maximum reach of his sash and in straight combat you aren't sure if he's gone all-out as yet

Waiting so that Yannick could get closer, you quickly dash to the left. The first few steps and jumps are a bit hesitative as you gauge the strength of .the pillars, but as they seem to hold your weight well you continue to circle around Yannick.

As you reach his side, you hear him shout, "Third Arm Sash!"

>Roll to React!
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>1386490
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>1386490
Please, dice gods, help us
>>
>>1386522
...well, fuck you too dice gods
>>
>>1386490
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>1386490
>>
Rolled 63 (1d100)

>>1386490
>>
File: Yannick1.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Yannick1.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>1386490
You try to dodge the incoming sash, but find yourself too slow as it strikes your side and almost knocks you clean off the pillar. You hastily grab the edge of the pillar as you're left hanging.

At least you knew the range and strength of the sash now.

You pull yourself back up on the pillar, only to notice that Yannick never seemed to move from the spot he hit you from.

"I didn't know manners were allowed in this fight."

"It would dishonorable of me to not give you a fighting chance. Just because we stand on opposite sides now doesn't mean that my moral code must be removed. Perhaps, maybe one day we shall fight side by side against a common foe.", Yannick said as he returned to his defensive stance. "It is your turn to attack.
"
>What do you do!
(How is it going for everyone so far? Any advice/criticism?)
>>
>>1388132
>Try to get a feint off of him.
Only thing I don't like is the slow update time but other than that I'm liking it so far.
>>
>>1388132
I'll go with what >>1388186 suggests.

I do hope you decide to make this more than just a one shot because I'm liking it too.
>>
>>1388186
Supporting
>>
File: Cindy9.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Cindy9.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Rolled 85 (1d100)

>>1388132
You crouch down low, your eyes trained on both his hands and the sash. Together, they greatly extend his reach, but perhaps apart, they become disjointed. You move over a few pillars to your right as Yannick remained still.

You had an idea.

You dash forward quickly as you come at him from his right side. Seeing the attack from a mile away, Yannick turns to face you, "Third Arm-"!

Before he can finish, you push off your right foot and jump to his left side. By the time the sash shoots forward, it's hitting nothing but air.

His back to you, you take the chance to pepper it with heavy blows, each finding it's mark easily. Yannick shouts out in a mix of surprise and pain, turning to face you.

"Third Ar-!"

You get in close this time, sending an elbow aimed for his chest that finds its mark. He stumbles back as you continue your barrage of punches and kicks, Yannick only able to put up a weak defense against each blow. You finish the combo with an uppercut, sending the monk flying back and hitting a tall pillar before falling below.

You smile in victory, finally feeling a bit relaxed as you wait to hear some kind of indicator that the Showdown was over.

"WUDAI ELEMENT, WATER!!!"
Roll!!!
>>
Rolled 77 (1d100)

>>1388430
>>
Rolled 29 (1d100)

>>1388430
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>1388430
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>1388430
>>
File: Cindy15.jpg (11KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
Cindy15.jpg
11KB, 259x195px
>>1388430
The incoming jet of water strikes your chest with the force of an iron pillar, sending you flying off your own pillar.

You collide with some of the lower lying pillars as you reach and grab for a ledge or groove, anything to stop your fall.

>Roll to grab something!!!
>Roll a 1d20, taking the first 3, DC of 15
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1391496
>>
>>1391496
Shit I meant 1d10 sorry.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>1391533
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>1391533
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>1391533
Rolling. We lost anyway.
>>
File: Cindy7.jpg (8KB, 259x195px) Image search: [Google]
Cindy7.jpg
8KB, 259x195px
>>1391496
Unfortunately, you find nothing as you fall into the water below. All you remember after that are the bright flashes of light and the sound of stone moving.

You swim back to the surface, grumbling beneath your breath as you pull yourself up on the bank. Cindy is at your side in an instant, a small towel in her hand as she tries to help to dry off.

"Are you okay?! That drop looked rough, are you sure there are no broken bones anywhere?" She fretted like a mother hen as you tuned her out, your eyes trained on the victor as he held the Helmet of Jong.

"You fought well bodyguard, but not well enough I'm afraid," Yannick said as he turned his back to the both of you, "May our paths converge yet again."

And with that, he was gone, you sat there, in a sour mood as Cindy pulled out a few more towels to keep drying you. Both of you sat in silence as the sound of nature soon filled the space between you.

>Talk to Cindy (About what?)
>Stay silent
>Write-in
>>
>>1393675
>>Talk to Cindy (About what?)
I need to get stronger.
>>
>>1393675
>>Talk to Cindy (About what?)

Apologize for the fuck up
>>
>>1393675
The two of you continued to sit in silence as you reflected on your defeat. It's not even that he was that much stronger than you, at least that's what you think. Did he hold back when he first jumped you and Cindy?

"Arms up."

You mindlessly raise your arms as Cindy pulls your shirt off so she can dry you better. Your eyes travel to her as she continues to wipe down your body, a slight tint of red on her cheeks as she turns her head away from your muscular form.

You failed her.

"I'm sorry.", you mutter softly, not really intending for her to hear you in this moment of weakness.

"Hmm? You say something?"

You hold back a curse as you slump your shoulders."I said I'm sorry. I lost the Wu."

You failed at your ONE job, help her get Sheng-Gong-Wu. You half expect her to blow up on you and fire you on the spot. Instead, all you hear is soft giggling behind you.

You turn to see the girl with her hand over her mouth as she fights the urge to break out laughing."What's so funny?" you ask, a little upset that she finds humor in a moment like this.

"I'm not upset you idiot, there's like.....dozens of Wu out there, so what if we lose one.?"

"But-"

"Plus how were we supposed to know a Xiaolin Monk was on our trail? Not to mention you charged in a Showdown with no Wu to defend yourself."

Oddly enough, you find yourself shrinking under her judging gaze as she criticizes your efforts. "Okay okay I get it, I messed up." you push her away as you stand up, "But I still need to get stronger.So that when another Showdown comes my way, I'll be ready!"

Cindy rolls her eyes behind you as she raises her Wu tracking device to check it. "Looks like we're in luck, I got another reading near here."

As the familiar beeping of the device begins, you pack up your things and step in line behind her, ready for whatever comes next.
And that's the end! Thanks for playing guys, I'd love to hear your thoughts/opinion/criticism/advice.
>>
>>1400555
It was tons of fun
I need MORE
Please make more
>>
>>1400555
I like it, although the long update times would definitely be the only downside I can think of when it comes to this quest.
>>
>>1400842
Yeah it's my own fault for the update times.I waited too long just to see how many replies I could get before writing the next prompt.
>>
>>1402061
I'd definitely follow a quest.
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.