[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[Quest] [PACYOA] Operation: "Pretend" Part "2"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 18

File: 1443286876451[1].jpg (921KB, 1920x1059px) Image search: [Google]
1443286876451[1].jpg
921KB, 1920x1059px
Bring an on call pilot is boring. 90% of the time is spent sitting around in base doing nothing because you respond to events. 8% is then normally getting to and from missions, 1% are false alarms, and the final 1% are actually missions where you get to risk your life.

This is one of those times...

"RED ALERT!" Is the repeating scream of the siren as the rec room turns a red hue. Getting your suits ready you head to the your fast drop pods ready to be briefed and fired.

"Alright men." The voice of the day that speaks for command as the pod begins it's last checks. "We have a mission for you. A extraction gone wrong, and we need you all to fix it." The pod fires, the speed not even felt in your suit. "Objectives are simple: 1. Get the VIP suits out. 2. Get as many damaged team out. And 3. Get out yourselves. We have reports of one of the four team members on site already KIA with the rest critically wounded. Your work is already cut out for you. Command out."

Then the feed cuts from command. The only sound is the roar of the drop pod as it slows down for landing.

(mission starts in the next post. Post builds now for the three players known.)
>>
http://the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/Mecoptera
>>
https://pastebin.com/dQaNJnXK
>>
>>1371749
Hooo boy. This is it. A really big one, huh?

Don't worry, Shizuka, you can do it. Caaalm down.

"LET'S DO THIS!" She would shout, grabbing her MP3 out of her bag, plugging it into the suit, and grabbing the controls.

And of course, in that MP3 was her AI, Argentum. "It is advised that you do not attempt shouting while preparing yourself. Excitement is only simulated through your artificial brain, but you may get yourself too excited."

http://the-power-armor-cyoa.wikia.com/wiki/Blitzpferd
>>
File: Kirov_fromRA3FMVpreview.jpg (270KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
Kirov_fromRA3FMVpreview.jpg
270KB, 1024x819px
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zl57aa_nJxM6gJJRi-AN12jJ2h3L91eVsPygxpZ5udg/edit?usp=sharing

>subject to a few edits
>>
File: 1443306560567[1].jpg (180KB, 620x443px) Image search: [Google]
1443306560567[1].jpg
180KB, 620x443px
The camera feed from the pod turns on as the pods slow down. The entire hillside as far as the camera can see shows swarming suits surrounding as a ring around one central hil-...... Super-fort as it swings around at the specks you assume are suits near it. A giant fleshy... giant with no skin making the ground shake and quake as your pods brake apart just above ground to let your suits land. In the distance you see two suits trying to hold the attention of the superfort as one is trying to keep what looks like a medieval knight and a sparkling princess suit (that looks like something that came from the old world deviantart no less.) away from the fight and giant.

You wonder where the fourth team member was until even from this distance you see colored suit metal hanging from the giants mouth. Around yourselves you see the ring of tumbler armor almost meets with you, but they seem to hold back in a stead ring around the superfort.

>Being only about 7 RNG away at a mile you can move and act within the turn to be at or near the site..
>Melee suits can only attack if they have 8+ speed however.
>MISSION START!
>>
High up in the stratosphere, the leviathan floated through the clouds, the world a blur of green and blue below. Peter looks down on his telescopic sight, spotting something. . .pink, standing out amongst the green.

"This is the Kirov reporting, ready to provide high altitude air support. I've got mines and bombs to drop, and can set up minefields.

The briefing didn't detail who the enemy was, what's going on down there? It looks like something big is moving."
>>
Rolled 63, 19, 82 = 164 (3d100)

>>1371865
As Buio breaks from his pod, his suits' four legs unfold themselves, and deploys all of his drones at a safe landing distance, all of them landing and initiating formation onto the top of a hill, whilst the suit itself safely (and relatively quietly thanks to the Levitation) lands behind the hill for cover.
His scout drones being his cameras, he can faintly see the events regarding the superfort unfold.
"Good god, what kind of fuckin' jamboree are they performing over there? Ah well, first things first, time to link up"
>Deploying all four heavy drones and two scout drones
>COMMANDER: Request permission to link up all suits
>Initiate Siege mode: +6 AA
>Scan ASS, Hawkeye, Radar
>TECH bonus: +/- 5
>>
Rolled 14, 84, 19, 29, 33 = 179 (5d100)

>>1371865
The Mecoptera's engines whine as the mech slams into the ground, stabilizers activating and sensors whirring as they scan.
>>1371907
"Not 100% sure yet" Ryman responds, pausing as he looks at the readouts. "But it's big."

>Entering Siege mode
>Deploying heavy drones to surround the Mecoptera
>Deploying Scavenger drones to try and grab any suits
>scanning with ASS, Hawkeye, Thermal, and Radar
>Scanning for open networks with terminal
>+/-15 to scanning
>>1371924
"Linking up."
>>
Rolled 95, 14, 23 = 132 (3d100)

>>1371865
"Objectives spotted. Enemy also spotted. Recommended path: Avoid the Super-fortress."

"All the information I need, Argentum."

"As a part of this unit, I highly recommend against attempting to crash into the enemy unit."

Operation set... No, she had to get in, and ensure those kids' safety! Speed was on her side, after all. Shizuka would attempt to open comms with the assumed VIP units, the knight and princess.

"This is Shizuka Amano, in the Blitzpferd. Can you hear me? I'm coming in to get you two out, so hang in there!"

Breathe in, breathe out, Blitzpferd, roll out! The unit would ride into the battlefield, a warrior upon her magnificent stallion, charging towards the Super-Fortress. When she got close enough, she would leap into the air, descending down onto the enemy unit's head, unloading all three of her Tri-Horn Bunkers onto it!

"This is not a simulation. I repeat, this is not a simulation."
>Moving in to attack with T W E L V E S P E E D .
>Attacking with all three Pile Bunkers
>Engineer AI: +10 Combat bonus
>>
Rolled 51, 10, 5, 77, 14, 6, 72, 78, 9, 52 = 374 (10d100)

>>1371928
"Roger that. I'm going to start start laying down some minefields in its way."

The Kirov starts floating toward the enemy. Once it is a safe distance from any troops on the ground, starts dropping a payload of mines and heavy bombs not set to detonate.

The heavy bombs bury themselves into the ground, akin to the famous Tallboy and Grand Slam bombs, inert. A sprinkle of mines above them, set to detonate upon enemy contact, the explosion of the mines to trigger the much larger Heavy Bombs.

Peter has practiced this for more than a year, and this is routine to him, thanks to much Raven training.

>Set up a Heavy Bomb + Minefield in the way of the enemy

>Proximity Mines *4
>Heavy Bomb Generator *5

Combat Bonus +30
>>
>>1371967
>EDIT:
I had forgottten that out of Siege Mode actions are (Pow+Rec)/2

Just use the first six rolls
>>
File: map.png (22KB, 762x599px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
22KB, 762x599px
>>1371924

At this range and with your effort the area becomes clear for you and everyone near you. You see the superfort fighting the two suits near to it and the other in the team keeping the two VIPs away. The right of smaller suits surrounding the area at about 2 miles. Some throwing debris at you with no effect.

You also see the Giant smack one of the two suits past a PB and scrap it midair. The pilot inside falling out and falling himself.
>One turn until the pilot hits the ground and dies.

>>1371928

You see the same as buio, only you notice there is no TA terminal ports nearby at all. No radio even! These TA seem to have no communication equipment at all!

>>1371932

The response is a simple "Get us out of here!" from the two children in the suits.

The charge from the suit as it jumped was a sight to see. The string of hits however was somewhat of a cringe. The first of the three hit into something that jammed it into place. The rest hit HARD. The meat blowing away to show a shattered skull in two places leaking inert sludge goo. The interior workings showing for a moment until steam rushes out as the wound slowly closes.

The attention from the weakened suits changes to you however as the giant tries to twist to swing at you!
>WEAPON JAMMED EASY TECH TO FIX
>HARD DODGE NEEDED!

>>1371967
As you move forward laying down mines, one of the proxy mine layers jam, at least preventing the worst from happening.

>WEAPON JAMMED. EASY ROLL TO FIX.

In the distance the assault team with the VIPs calls out to you. "We need a line to break though. Not all of us can fly!"
>>
Rolled 3, 100 = 103 (2d100)

>>1372052
"... I repeat, this is not a simulation. Why did you do this?"

"I thought it would work, okay?!"

Well, not everything could be perfect. She'd be out of commission for a while, at least.

... Maybe even permanently. No, that's silly. You're silly, Shizuka-san. Don't think that way.

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon... We can do this!"

The steed who both struck and ran like lightning itself... that was her! That was Blitzpferd! Shizuka would leap off of the enemy unit, attempting to land on some free running space.
>Engineer AI! +/-5 to Tech.
>Duelist! -10 to Dexterity.
>>
File: This way.png (22KB, 762x599px) Image search: [Google]
This way.png
22KB, 762x599px
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>1372052
Peter checks the map.

"Crap. . .I'm dropping mines in the wrong place!"

He spins the wheel of his vessel to start manueverng between the beast and the team, meanwhile he starts running down the gang-plank of his ship to repair the mines. . .somehow.

"Damned Raven Tech, I bet some of the duck-tape got loose."

>move between the monster and the team we're supposed to rescue
>Try to repair the minelayer
>-20 Tech Penalty
>>
Rolled 50, 20, 7, 57, 38 = 172 (5d100)

>>1372052
"There's... nothing to hack?" Ryman says dejectedly. "Vhell, nevermind."

>Move Heavy drones north to try and cover the VIPs
>Fire at the superfort with drones (autocannon*4)
>Send scavengers to pick up bits of suits
>Fire stinger at superfort
>+5 to stinger roll
>>
>>1372089
Your time is up, my time is now.
You can't see me, my time is now.
It's the franchise, boy, I'm shinin' now.
You can't see me, my time is now!
>>
File: 2017-04-16_19-43-00.png (260KB, 554x255px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-16_19-43-00.png
260KB, 554x255px
Rolled 52, 77, 93, 34 = 256 (4d100)

>>1372052
"Goddamnit, horse-suit. Recklessly attacking that giant thing like that. Up close no less. Let me show you how it's done."
Buio mumbles a bunch of technical distance-related mumbo jumbo he himself doesn't understand just to make him sound cool as he calibrates his drones' long-range weaponry and missiles to aim right at the massive Superfort.
>FIRE:
>Drone: Rail Rifle [+13 COM]
>Drone: Helion Lance Rifle [+15 COM]
>Drone: Stinger Howitzer [+7 COM]
>Suit: Guided Missiles [+10 COM] (>Double Spotter Drone: +10 COM bonus to Missiles)

>COM bonus: +25 to on-suit weaponry
>>
File: 200982859_700.jpg (48KB, 600x486px) Image search: [Google]
200982859_700.jpg
48KB, 600x486px
Rolled 82, 68, 91, 20, 31, 62 = 354 (6d100)

>>1372091
Upon arrival at the (Red Arrow) the Kirov immediately starts dropping more proximity denonate set heavy bombs and mines.
>Proximity Mines *3
>Heavy Bomb Generator *6
>>
>>1372173
+30 Combat
>>
File: Kirov2.png (312KB, 892x710px) Image search: [Google]
Kirov2.png
312KB, 892x710px
"Hey um. . .people don't live here right?

I got a big lecture last time I started dropping cluster mines near a populated area."
>>
>>1372173
*edit 3 mines 3 bombs
>>
File: IMG_3758[1].jpg (16KB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3758[1].jpg
16KB, 320x213px
>>1372089

Leaping off wasn't hard. Dodging the fist hat met you halfway was however. There was a sickening crunch as parts of the suit where compacted into the body. Multiple errors and red lights came up on your hud as your cockpit's bottom rose an unconformable foot. Your suit regained mobility and direction in midair about RNG 6 away. The insult coming after the injury after repairs on your weapon reported an error.

>WARNING! HP 1/15!
>Weapon still jammed!

>>1372091

Indeed the ducktape came loose. You try to put it back on, but it almost dislodged the mine into your face! You back off and try to find another roll of ducktape to just put the old strip into place.

>repair failed.

>>1372112
The effect from your drones help as well. As the combined effect from ranged weapons outside of melee range makes the giant focus on you a bit as you pepper his meat and area. The stinger hitting the general body mass and causing the giant to throw a giant rock at you!

The scav units report scrap obtained!
>Med dodge roll!

>>1372127

As multiple drones fire and hit you notice the giant forgets about the smaller suits around it when you and ryman do more damage. The giant slowly moving towards you as it throws a rock at your drones!

>Roll a med dodge for your drones!

>>1372173

Up until now you where creating a line of mines. That was until the giant moved towards buio.
Then all the mines near him triggered and caused at least 2 bombs to go off on his feet. Which with the bombs damage causes him to trip in place.

>GIANT IS PRONE.
>>
File: Bombs Away.gif (1MB, 320x184px) Image search: [Google]
Bombs Away.gif
1MB, 320x184px
Rolled 96, 78, 27, 13, 23, 38, 91, 85, 99 = 550 (9d100)

>>1372238
The Kirov, high up in the atmosphere, stops moving directly above the giant. The Kirov's gyrostabilizers activate as the leviathan stands perfectly still, engaging in Siege Mode for a prolonged bombing on the fallen beast.

"It's down, I'm going in for a bombing run.

CLEAR THE AREA."

Peter grabs the lever to the bombay doors. . .all of them (except the one damaged mine layer)

"BOMBS AWAY!"

3 Mine Layers
6 Hevy Bombs

>Engage Siege Mode
>Combat Bonus +30
>+[Double Range]+[Double Splash Damage]
>>
Rolled 98, 57 = 155 (2d100)

>>1372091
"Do you need a hand vith that?"
>Roll to repair mine deployer
>+/- 5 to tech
>>1372238
The Mecoptera's bridge is suddenly lit red as warning klaxons warn of the incoming projectile.

"Scheisse."

>Roll to dodge rock
>Continue to move drones towards VIPS
>+5 malus to dex
>>
Rolled 86, 17, 78, 77, 42, 57, 77, 70 = 504 (8d100)

>>1372238
"Oh I don't think that'll hit"

>Point Barrier on the drones

>FIRE:DRONES:
Autocannon [+10]
Rail Rifle [+13]
Helion Lance Rifle [+15]
RPG [+6]
Stinger Howitzer [+7]
Magnetic Phaser: Push 1 RA [+14]
Guided Missiles [+20]

COM: +25
>>
>>1372263

As the giant gets back up the bombs reach down to him. And the effect in devastating. While most of the damage it has taken has been healed, the bombs do outrageous damage together with the mines. When the smoke clears stripes of limbs are missing and an almost constant stream of steam is coming out of him. But like all suits it still functions and you see it focus all of it's efforts to lift a chunk of the ground as large as you are loosened by the blast and hurl it at you!

>Roll one hard dodge roll!

>>1372265
As you connect via commander mode you notice the command gui to be a windows ripoff named "window XD." And working though it was a effort in itself. You however break the weapon instead of unjamming it. The round stuck so badly it would be a risk to try again.

>Roll to fix is now a med roll.

Trying to dodge the giant rock, you dodge to the right. However it was a curved rock and it hit you all the same!

>HP 12/15

>>1372273

The rock slams against the PB and settles to the ground. The window the giant gives by focusing on peter gives you the chance to unload. Peppering the giant with multiple shoots to it's already weakened core, but with it throwing a rock at Peter you are safe for now.

MEANWHILE
As flamy/anon settles with it's wounded suit. The assault team has started to gather and move south. The pilot from the scrapped suit now has hit the ground and died. However the pilot next to him has grabbed his suit and is dragging it south with the VIPs and uninjured team member.

"We'll move south I guess with the VIPs. Keep it busy as we set up to fly!"
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>1372238
Systems mostly active, just... okay, no, systems really struck hard.

"I told you."

"You said nothing, Argentum. 'Sides, I'm still... alive."

"Technically, you are not alive, only situating body artificially sustained by a machine imitating a human brain."

"Yeah, and YOU'RE a... a consciousness stuck in an MP3! So there! C'mon, let's get this thing back up and running. We're not letting the team down, alright?"

"... Very well."

>Engineer AI! +/- 5 to Tech.

rip blitzpferd tho
>>
Rolled 21, 91, 7, 11, 20 = 150 (5d100)

>>1372342
Ryman mutters something about gentoo, before turning his sights to a large boulder currently flying though the air, ordering his drones to fire at it.

>Drones still moving towards VIPS
>Drones shoot at boulder (autocannon*4)
>Fire stinger at superfort
>+5 to stinger
>>
Rolled 97, 7, 88, 2 = 194 (4d100)

>>1372342
"Don't think I'm fucking done yet you meatbag. Damn this is a bit too easy for me"
>Fire another volley of Rail Rifles, Stingers, Helion Lances, and Missiles with the usual bonuses
>Move Flamethrower/Magnetic Phaser drone in closer to get within Flamethrower range of the SF
>>
File: DIVE.png (122KB, 1954x1062px) Image search: [Google]
DIVE.png
122KB, 1954x1062px
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>1372342
Peter's radar begins to alarm and he looks through his telescope down at the earth, the ground zooming in to see trees and boulders.

Except he's not actually pressing the zoom button.

"Oh shit!"

With quick thinking he realizes that the fastest way he can dodge this literal chunk of the earth is to-

"Reverse all upward thrust! Nose down! Activate the jump jet! DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!"

The massive hunk of earth and trees was hurtling straight at him, the fastest way to move the ship would be to dive down, allowing gravity to pull the ship while all thrusts were pointed down, as Jump Jets were activated.

The ship entered a free-fall, everything not bolted down inside Peter's cockpit began to levitate including Peter to clung on to dear life to the Wheel of his ship, as the horizon tilted violently outside his window, until he was staring down at the earth below as the huge chunk of earth was coming up toward his ship.

>Dex Roll
>>
File: Jet-Exhaust.jpg (32KB, 450x220px) Image search: [Google]
Jet-Exhaust.jpg
32KB, 450x220px
>>1372463
>Also activate JUMP JETS (down)
>>
>>1372360

Your suit is working, and you even fix the pile driver! You still only have 1 HP, but you can still move and fight.

>>1372370

As you and your drones fire the panic to fire causes many shots to miss. And only come bits of the rock come off.

>>1372428

The drones fire off with some success, but you notice your missile fired, but is stuck in the tube. The warhead doesn't arm until it gets a distance away, but if the fuel runs out with it inside it becomes twice as hard to remove!

>missile jammed! easy tech to fix!

>>1372463

>For actually having a plan I was more than glad to give a bonus, sad it didn't count.

Sadly the maneuver was just a bit to short timed as the rock hits dead center to the front of your hull! However at least it hit one of the most guarded points of any zeppelin and the damage reports show it as when you violently return to normal elevation you notice the rock is still stuck to your slightly caved in nose...

>HP: 8/15!
Also you are now rng 5 above ground. Just out of the giants reach, which it only notices after a barely missed swipe. So it tries to hurl another rock!

>Dodge again!

The assault team is now past you all to the south. It is now getting everyone ready to fly/hop past the line.
The giant is also starting to look normal again as the limb seem to be half healed!
>>
File: 540x360.jpg (15KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
540x360.jpg
15KB, 540x360px
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>1372533
Peter desperately tries to anticipate where the rock will be, and move the ship to be anywhere but there. Realizing his slow zeppelin is only getting closer to the giant and there was a serious chance he'd not dodge the next giant rock, he straps on his parachute, and stands right next to the cockpit door, ready to bail out at the very last moment if it was clear the ship wouldn't make it.
>>
Rolled 92, 89, 24, 37 = 242 (4d100)

>>1372533
"AHHHH, piece of shit"
>TECH bonus: +/- 5
>Helion Lance Rifle on reload
>Fire Rail Rifle, Sting Howitzer and Flamethrower [+12 COM] at SF
>COM bonus: +25
>>
Rolled 44, 52 = 96 (2d100)

>>1372360
"Ho-ho-holy *shit*" Ryman laughs as he looks through the damage reports. "You are falling apart. I should be able to help. Probably."

>roll to repair flamy with scrap

>>1372533
Ryman stares daggers at the drone's blips on his map.

>order drones to fall back to the Mecoptera
>try to repair Ivan's dispenser again
>+/- 5 tech
>>
>>1372590
"ABANDON SHIP"
>>
Rolled 33 (1d100)

>>1372595
"Nooo worries, mister! I can handle this all by myself. But that guy over there... We gotta save him!" Struggling to get its auxillary servos to make it upright, and stumbling a few times before getting there, Blitzpferd would make one last pose, the telltale click of its automated pile drivers saying that they were ready to go.

"Ikuzo! Argentum, Tri-Horn System! We'll bust RIGHT through that thing, before it hits!"

Gradually building up speed as she ran towards what was surely her death, Blitzpferd would leap into the air, and STRIKE THE ROCK IN TWO WITH her right Pile Bunker.
>>
>>1372675
>Duelist! -10 to Dexterity.
>>
>>1372590

And it didn't dodge, and as the is a moment from hitting rock hits you jump. Combined with >>1372591's attempt the slightly knocked off course rock hits, and it hits HARD. As the underside of the blimp is caved in and the second weight brings the zep down, Peter's chute allows him to watch as his blimp crashes into the giant. Causing it to be distracted as it works to tear it apart.

>>1372595

You repair flamy to somewhat normal function as red lights turn to yellow. The frame however will need serious repairs. Ivan's proxy mine layer works again! However the rest of the ship needs repairs however.

>flamy HP at 4/15

>>1372675

You clean the rock in two, but however not enough force was given to break the rock up. And the two pieces only leave more of the ship intact in the hands of the giant!
>>
File: $_32.jpg (22KB, 849x566px) Image search: [Google]
$_32.jpg
22KB, 849x566px
>>1372690
Peter maneuvers his parachute, trying to float away from the Super Fort.

He raises his fist at the giant as it tears the wreckage of his exploding ship apart. "Curse you, giant monster thing!"

Peter sends out a distress signal on his Cyber Brain, in case he lands and its hard to find him. . .he hoped he'd be picked up before then.
>>
>>1372690

>Also the missile is stuck in the tube now as it runs out of fuel.

>med tech to fix
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (58KB, 840x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
58KB, 840x720px
Rolled 92, 35, 58, 89, 99, 19, 85, 53, 20 = 550 (9d100)

>>1372699
As he floats away, Peter has one last trick up his sleeve.

At the last moment, he uses his Cyber Brain to set the ship in siege mode, and ALL the bombs and mines still inside the ship set themselves to detonate, right when the Giant tries to grab at it.

3 Mine Layers
6 Hevy Bombs

>Engage Siege Mode
>Combat Bonus +30
>+[Double Range]+[Double Splash Damage]
>>
Rolled 90 (1d100)

>>1372703
>roll to try and fix the missile... somehow
>>1372699
Ryman salutes as Peter's ship crashes into the giant.

>Pull back all drones to the Mecoptera, forming a cordon around it.
>>
>>1372690
Curses, too late... Uh, well, at least there was part of the unit remaining? And- Oh, explosions. Lots and lots of explosions.

"I believe it is time to stop playing hero, miss Amano."

"I think I got that much, yeah. Let's see if we can't help out with escorting!" Landing, Blitzpferd would change directions, this time to where the VIP units were heading towards. If she couldn't help with shooting, she could at least help with the primary objective...!
>>
Rolled 22, 49, 9, 24, 48, 38, 25, 21, 98, 92 = 426 (10d100)

>>1372690
Buio holds his head and pops open a beer at the events transpiring.
>Mobilize Helion Lance Drone into RNG 4 from the SF
>Mobilize Rail Rifle and Howitzer drones into RNG 6 from the SF
>Reload Rail Rifle and Stinger Howitzer
>Repair Missiles [+/- 5 TECH]
FIRE:
Autocannon [+10]
Ion Cannon x2, aimed at ring of minigiants [+14]
Helion Lance Rifle [+15]
RPG [+6]
Flamethrower x3, aimed at the ring of minigiants [+12]
Magnetic Phaser: Push 1 RA [+14]
COM bonus: +25
>>
>>1372801
"... say, Argentum."

"I know what you're going to say. I have a personal link to your brain, after all."

"Well, gee, way to spoil the mood."

"If you truly do wish to turn back to ensure his safety, then be my guest. However, as this unit's AI, I am obligated to look out for the well-being of this unit first, its pilot second, and nothing else."

"Encouraging," Turning back, Blitzpferd gazed back to the Superfortress, then back to Peter. Then to the Superfortress. Then back to Peter. Running again, first at a ramming pace, then slower, in a non-human-killing pace, she would leap up once more, attempting to catch Peter, and get away from the site.
>>
>>1372750

As the giant grabs at the edge of the hull separated by a rock the bombs go off. The blast, metal, and heat racing across it's features. When the smoke clears and only steam remains, the hands are only just "bone" as the body looked like it did two turns ago. The blast also sent the giant flying backwards and is prone again!

>Giant is prone!
>PETERS COMMS HAVE GONE DEAD!
>>1372757

Trying to get the repair servos in the tube to eject the missile you get an error as the missile spurts out another jet of heat. Causing the servos to reset. At least you can try again.
>Drones recalled

>>1372801

>>1372810

As your drones move into a tiered line and open fire at the SF the damage shows. Some rounds hit, some miss, but all do something. You even think the Mag phase took off a thumb!

>>1372801
>>1372887

Thinking to rush to the team, and then to peter you get a bit to each, but grab peter. You aren't a fort and can't safely hold him at max speed, but you can move without to much issue.

>Speed reduced by 4 to keep the G forces at a level that won't kill peter.

The assault team sets up the suits with thrusts to hop over the large ring of suits around the super-fort. With them now running as fast as they can from the now chasing ring. They are "clear" as on the radio they call for backup. And as command calls you to let you know the objective is clear, the OK to leave the mission area is a go.
>>
>>1372913
Well, uh, this was fine, she supposed. It wasn't that bad, right?

The suit was in that thing's grasps, but hey, only so much you can do.

"Are you okay, mister? Hurt? Wounded? Mentally injured?" Hey, had to make sure he was safe.

"Miss Shizuka, I believe it is best to leave analysis to professionals, as I doubt you had sufficient education in medical fields."

"I CAN TRY."
>>
Rolled 98, 76, 91 = 265 (3d100)

>>1372913
Buio gets a blip on his screen from Command that the mission is clear now. He disengages himself from behind the hill, starts levitating, and begins floating towards the evac point, ordering the drones to pull back from the giant and recall, but not before making a few more shots at it.
>Disengage from siege mode, start moving to evacuate
>Mobilize drones back to the suit
>Fire Rail Rifle, Helion Lance, and Stinger, usual com bonuses
>>
>>1372913
Ryman watches as the heat from the explosion washes over the Mecopetra.

"Cool."

>Get the drones to grab on to the Mecopetra's hull
>Exit siege
>Run the fuck away.
>>
File: mission complete.jpg (34KB, 220x215px) Image search: [Google]
mission complete.jpg
34KB, 220x215px
>>1372942

At 8 speed you still move pretty fast and have cleared the thinning ring around the SF. You can meet up with the running assault team and can help them there, take a potshot at a running TA, or just focus on leaving. Either way unless you get in danger in one turn you will be out of the AO.

>>1372960

As you move, fire, and gather as many drones as you can as you slowly move over the ring this turn as well. Leaving only the Helion lance drone you start firing on the SF you see it grab a small rock and throw it at you as you keep it from regaining all it's muscle. Knowing you have a PB and might be faster than it you don't worry too much.

>Dodge one time?

>>1372964

And as you float away the giant focuses on the drone that was left behind and actually hobbling until it's legs return to normal. Making it so that for now you can all run. Meaning that unless Buio gets knocked down you are all free and clear.
>>
>>1373031
No point in holding around here. Time to leave!

"That could have gone so much better..."

"This is the horror of war, miss Shizuka. There are times when the enemy seems all but impossible to defeat. In those times-"

"You just have to get stronger, until you can beat them?"

"... In those times, you stage a tactical retreat."
>>
>>1373031
Buio has a little feeling of regret in his heart having to discard the Helion Lance Rifle drone. Perhaps there's no worry, HQ will just get him a new one in due time. And when the rock tries to make contact with his suit;
"Try again, double nigger"
As he engages a point barrier
>Activate point barrier
>Put all recovered drones back into platform
>Float it the fuck out of there
>>
>>1373031

And if buio PB like I think he does....

>>1373045

>WELP.
As the group gets to a safe zone firing on the TA giants until they back off. They only have to wait until a dropship comes to pick them up. As they try to get answers from the crying children pilots all they get is the standard trope of rich snobby kids who felt abandoned by their father and try to become heroes. They will get yelled at, but since only people with cyber brains lost their bodies, nobody expects much to happen besides massive fines on the father for illegal pods and parental responsibility. What's left of the assault team thanks you as even the wrecked suit tries to shake a broken hand.

And all the pilots can think about is.... Another day on call as normal...
>>
>>1373054
>oh and everyone gets 15 points.
>Thanks for playing!
>>
Why on Earth did you people stop posting your generals on tg?
>>
>>1373162
Lack of interest? Not sure. Sorry if you weren't aware, we have a discord room now.
>>
>>1373162
Because every time we did it would quickly fall off the board. There just isn't enough of the community left to sustain it. Everything condensed into our discord server, pretty much
>>
>>1373162
The generals were full of nothing but bump posts anyways. TE is a finished game.
>>
>>1373162

Because quests where and still are "banned" from /tg/.

They either get moved here or get deleted. It was never about board speed (It's /tg/ for pelor's sake.)
Although even though there is interest there is a small lack of GMs......
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.