[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quest Beyond the Gate: Chapter 63

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 430
Thread images: 3

>/qst/ Thread Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Beyond%20the%20Gate
>QM Twitter: twitter.com/SmileytheQM
>Character list (Incomplete): http://pastebin.com/ffH25ciB

You awaken as your nose catches something good. After a few sniffs, you sit up and open your eyes.

"Smells like breakfast..." You say, as you stretch your arms out.

After you feel a rustling in your lap, you look down to see Coral looking very confused... right, she slept on your chest last night...

"Sorry Coral, I didn't mean to surprise you like that" You say. "Everything good?"

Coral gets up, dusts herself off, and gives you a thumb's up.

"Alright" You say, as you pick her up and put her up on your shoulder.

She's been surprisingly okay with not having your hat to stay in, since you've started leaving it in the cart. Not that you had much choice there, as it would fly off if you wore it on the Rook.

You should give her a treat of some sort... does she like cheese? You know that you like cheese... and you did make her... and there's a lot of cheese here.

Well, sitting in bed won't answer that question. You'll have to get up and-

>Wake Cheska

>See what smells so good

>Do some reading

>Other
>>
>>1371410
>Wake Cheska
>See what smells so good
Hey Smiley
>>
>>1371410
>Wake Cheska

>See what smells so good
>>
>>1371410
>>Wake Cheska

>>See what smells so good
food
>>
>>1371410
>>Do some reading
>>
>writing
>>
You hop out of bed, and after making sure you're still fully dressed, you head out to Cheska's room.

You burst through the door with an amount of enthusiasm that you know she'll hate, and call out "Good moooooorning Cheskaaaa~! How's my favourite arsonist today?"

Cheska throws the covers over her head and grumbles.

"Come on now, that's not a good attitude" You say, as you walk over and pull the covers off of her. "You have to greet the morning with a smile and a- where the hell are your pants?"

"It was too hot in here last night, so I chucked 'em" She says. Luckily she still has her underwear on, but it's still more of her than you were planning on seeing this morning...
"Why not lose the blankets?" You ask.
"Tried that. It was too cold" She says. "Now gimme them back, ya psycho"

Cheska snatches the blankets back from you and wraps herself up.

"You know I could always just leave, and you'd be forced to follow me whether you were wearing pants or not" You say.
"Ungh..." She says. "Fine, just hand me my clothes and wait outside"
"Good" You say, as you grab her pants from the floor and put them on the bed next to her. "But I'm not waiting long"

"What happens if I take too long?" She asks.

>I'll leave

>I'll come back in and poke you

>Not telling

>Other
>>
>>1371490
>>I'll come back in and poke you
>>
>>1371490
>>
>>1371490
>>Not telling
>>
>>1371490
>I'll come back in and poke you
>>
>>1371490
>>
>writing
>>
"I'll come back in and poke you" You say. "And I won't stop until you're dressed and ready to go"

Cheska grumbles under the blankets, as her hand pokes out to shoo you off.

You step outside and check your watch, figuring you'll give her five minutes tops before you go back in.

In the meantime, you rest Coral in your hand and pet her head. She appreciates the attention.

"There, I'm dressed. Happy?" Cheska asks, as she comes out looking like she's still half asleep.

You look her over, and immediately notice that the tail-hole in her pants is on the front...

>Mention it

>Let it be

>Other
>>
>>1371531
>>Mention it
>>
>>1371531
>Mention it
>>
>>1371531
>>Mention it
>>
>>1371531
>>Mention it
>>
>>1371531
>Mention it
>>
>writing
>>
"I'd be happier if your pants were on right" You say.

Cheska looks down, putting a finger into her tail-hole and pulling it out so she can see it. "Ohh... I was wondering why I couldn't get my tail through..." She says. "Fuck it, keep watch for me, will ya?"

"Keep watch, why-"

Cheska drops her pants, flips them around and starts pulling them back up.

"Dangit, a little warning would be nice" You say.
"Nothing you haven't seen" She says. "Now where is the stupid... hole... shit... damn... screw it. Gimme a hand"
"A hand with what?" You ask.
"Put my tail through the hole" She says.

"Why do I have to do that?" You ask.
"Stop complaining and put it in the damn hole!" Cheska says.
"Fine, jeez" You say, as you take her tail and thread it through the hole in her pants. "There"

Cheska shimmies her pants the rest of the way up, fastening them once they're all the way on.

"Now are you happy?" She asks, putting her hands on her hips.
"I'd be happier if I didn't have to help you dress..." You say.
"There's no pleasing you, is there?" She asks.

"I'll be happy when I'm fed" You say.
"Good idea, something smells good" Cheska says. "Let's go"

Cheska heads off, seeming more energetic than before. You let out a sigh as you follow.

>1/2
>>
>>1371581
>"Stop complaining and put it in the damn hole!" Cheska says
heh
>>
When you get to the big holding cell, you see that Meyu's crew are the ones who are up and about. A few more prisoners are awake as well, and each of them has a bowl of something...

"Good mornin' you two" Meyu says.
"Good morning" You reply. "How are things here?"
"Sleepers 'r starting to wake up, so Zaine and I made a nice breakfast soup for everyone" He says.

"Ohh? I never pegged you for a chef" Cheska says.
"More of a field cook than an actual chef" Meyu says. "Nothing I make will ever knock your socks off, but you can count on it to be edible"
"Edible works" You say.

"Well then, come and sit down" Meyu says, as he grabs a pair of bowls. He has a small cooking fire set up in front of him, using what looks like pieces of furniture from upstars, above which a large pot is suspended from a tripod.

>Ask what the day's plans are

>Occupy mouth with food

>Ask where the others are

>Other
>>
>>1371610
>>Occupy mouth with food
>>
>>1371610
>>Occupy mouth with food
NOM
>>
>>1371610
>>Occupy mouth with food
>>
>>1371610
>Occupy mouth with food
>>
>writing
>>
Meyu fills a bowl for you and Cheska, and hands them to you. You immediately start eating.

Definitely not as good as Hella's cooking, but it's still good. You have yet to eat anything that you didn't like, though... you wonder if there's anything you don't like. Like how Munchkin doesn't like broccoli, or peas... she might just be picky.

Either way the soup is edible, just like Meyu said. So you... well... you eat it.

Not really much else to say on that matter.

"You hear back from the commander yet?" Meyu asks.
"Not yet, but it was pretty late when I sent that message" You reply. "We should be getting a sprite back soon"
"Good. Thankfully we don't have to feed all these guys from our own supplies, but that doesn't mean we don't need any help" Meyu says. "That, and I'd like to be moving on from this place before tonight. We might have beaten them here, but that doesn't mean there are no more inquisitors out there"

"We'll just have to wait for that sprite to come back" You say. "In the meantime, I'm fine with chilling here"

"Don't think you'll be relaxing for long. There'll be plenty of work to do, young man" Meyu says.
"What do you think I keep Cheska around for?" You ask.

Cheska turns to you, and smiles. "Sorry bud, but you forgot the whip back in Bell's Run" She says.
"Dang..." You say.

"Do I wanna know?" Meyu asks.
You shrug. "It's nothing bad" You reply.

Looking around, you see that Emi, Michaela and Derrick are all here now...

>Go see them

>See if you can get seconds

>Other
>>
>>1371681
>Go see them

Quiet in here all of a sudden
>>
>writing
>>
>>1371725
Eh were i am it's late into the night and i had to wait for this thread for so long that i fell asleep. I just woke up about 5 minutes ago
>>
"Anyway, I should-" You say.
"Yeah, yeah. Go see your friends" Meyu says. "Just leave ol' Meyu here, all alone..."

"And then he wonders why he's never been able to find a girl" Gerard says.
"Zing" You say.
"That's cute, coming from you" Meyu says. "I've got age workin' against me. What's your excuse?"
"I find plenty of girls" Gerard says.

"Yeah, the pretty face gets 'em all" Zaine says, lightly knocking on Gerard's head. "And then they leave once they realize that there's not much behind it..."
"Also zing" You say. "I'd love to stick around, but I think I'll go before punches get thrown"

"Ah, this is normal" Meyu says. "Besides, if all these little bouts ended in fists, we all know who'd win"
"That's rich, old man. I can hear your back creaking all the way over here" Zaine says.

You get up and head over to where your friends are, with Cheska in tow.

"Aww man, it was starting to get good" Cheska says. "Those guys really know how to rip into each other"
"Yeah, if I hadn't seen them work together it'd be hard to call them friends" You say.

"Not true" Cheska says. "We're constantly poking fun at each other and we're friends, right?"

>Good point

>I think 'servant' is the word you're looking for

>Since when?

>Other
>>
>>1371763
>>Good point
>>
>>1371763
>I think 'servant' is the word you're looking for
>>
>>1371763
>>Good point
>>
>>1371763
>>Good point
>>
>>1371763
>>Good point

Aww, she's making friends.
>>
>writing
>>
"Good point" You say. "Though I think 'servant' might be the word you're looking for"

"Glad to see you're finally learning your place" She says, as she pinches your cheek.
"I meant you..." You say, swatting her hand away.
"I dunno... making my bed at night, getting me up in the morning, helping me dress, getting me breakfast..." She says, counting on her fingers. "Sounds like a servant to me..."

You open your mouth to respond, but come up with nothing. "Huh... maybe I should stop being so nice to you then..." You say.
"Aww, I didn't mean it like that!" She says, as she hugs your arm and leans her head on your shoulder. "You know I love you"

You turn to her wide eyed, and she immediately gets flustered.

"Y-y'know... like... as a friend" She says.
"I know, I just wanted to see what you'd do" You reply.

Cheska pouts, but her face quickly turns to a grin. "Ah, screw it" She says, stepping ahead of you and clapping her hands. "Come, manservant"

Oh she is not getting away with that...

You step up to her and pinch her sides, causing her to squeal and jump away from you. Then you chase her the rest of the way to the others...

>1/2
>>
"You two are certainly... lively this morning" Emi says.
"I'm definitely feeling more energetic than yesterday" Cheska says.

"Can we drain all the mana out of the air again? I like her better when she's asleep" You say.
"Well then maybe you should've let me stay that way, ya jerk" Cheska says, giving you a light punch on the arm.

"So what's new here?" You ask.
"Storm's awake" Derrick says.

You look over to see Storm and Michaela sitting with Emi.

"Good morning" You say.
"Good morning..." He replies weakly.

"We get a sprite back from Bell's Run yet?" You ask.
"No, but it should be coming any minute" Derrick says. "The Commander is always on top of these things"
"Cool" You say.

>Go talk to Storm

>Talk with Derrick about your next move

>Other
>>
>>1371873
>>
>>1371873
>>Talk with Derrick about your next move
>>
So smiley, guessing by how Yu knows words and terms used in our world i would say that he doesn't come from this one. now i am wondering because of the laws of this world ( you know mana, soul and all that) i don't think he can ever return to his own world because he lacks a heart, so unless his world also has chaos, the moment he steps into his home world he would die.
>>1371873
>>
>>1371873
>>
>>1371873
>>Go talk to Storm
>>
>>1371890
I just think that it's a little strange that Yuu suddenly knows, not only words, but metaphors, sarcasm, and the like, that, to my knowledge, no one has been teaching him. Unless Smiley's made a bit of a mistake with Yuu's development, I see it that, as time goes on, he's recovering some of that on his own.

It just sticks out to me.
>>
>>1371873
>>1371915
Oh, and
then
>Go talk to Storm

Also, didn't Storm have another guy in his crew, beside Michaela?
>>
>>1371890
There's more information about that in the Grand inquisitor's notes, if you guys get around to reading them.

>>1371915
It's not a mistake.

>>1371921
He did, and you don't see him around
>>
>>1371926
Also
>writing
>>
Let us pray that more than one person confesses to Yu, I don't really wanna know how that would go down.
>>
>>1371973
forgot to put the word never.
>>
You sit down next to Derrick, and Cheska sits next to you.

"So, what should our next move be?" You ask.
"Depending on what Altea's response is, we either go south or stay here" Derrick says. "If she can help, great. We hold tight and wait for help to arrive. If she can't... we scout out that town to the south to see if it's friendly"

"If it isn't?" You ask.
"Bell's Run is a long way... but we may need to bring these people there" Derrick says. "The 11 of us are not enough to reclaim a town..."
"We could do the same thing we did in Bell's Run" You say.
"We got lucky in Bell's Run" Derrick says. "Unless you have contacts in the Otunan guard too, that is..."
"Not that I know of, but then I had no idea I had a contact in Bell's Run either" You say.

"What happened in Bell's Run?" Storm asks.
"Ah, that's right. You missed it all" You say. "We took the place from the Inquisition, with the help of the city guard"
"So quickly..." Storm says. "You were right... they weren't only punishing the guilty... even here, some of these people are only children"
"Told you so" You say. "They also blew up their prison in Bell's Run, killing a bunch of innocent people there as well"

Storm looks down. "We allowed this..." He says. "I have to talk to Eldric... he has to know what happened here"
"Eldric is... who?" You ask.

"Head of the Holy Order" Derrick says.
"So he'd be back in Leon, yeah?" You ask.
"At the Order's headquarters" Derrick says. "So yeah..."

You look Storm over for a moment. His intentions are obviously good, but last time he went to talk to an authority it didn't end so well for him...

>How are you planning on getting there?

>Are you sure that's a good idea?

>Good luck with that

>Other
>>
>>1372013
>Good luck with that
>>How are you planning on getting there?
>>
>>1372013
>>Are you sure that's a good idea?
>>
>>1372013
>>
>>1372013

>>
>writing
>>
>>1372013
>>Are you sure that's a good idea?

Evening Smiley
All that Cheska teasing, absolutely wounderful
>>
>>1372013
>You won't help anyone if you end up in a cell.
>>
"How are you planning on getting there?" You ask.

Storm sighs. "I suppose the raptors we rodehere probaby either died or ran off..." He says. "They may have some carts in the back, though..."
"And if they don't?" You ask.
"Then I guess I'll have to go on foot" He says. "Not the most luxurious way to travel, but I'll get there eventually"

"I-I could always carry you..." Michaela says.

You look over at the shy angel. "You could?" You ask her. "No offense, you just... don't look that big"
"None taken..." She says, as she slowly spreads her wings until they're at their full length. They are much bigger than they look when they're folded up. "C-carrying another person isn't such a big deal..."

Cheska whistles. "Maaan... I got gypped" She says, holding her tail in front of her "Emi gets a powerful constrictor tail, angel here gets to fly, and I get... this... which can be mildly annoying at best"
"Huh... sounds kinda like the person it's attached to..." You say.

Cheska looks thoroughly unamused. She then licks one of her tail prongs and sticks it in your ear.

"Agh!" You say, leaning away from her and rubbing your ear. "Hey, I was kidding. No need to be so mildly annoying!"
Cheska pokes out her tongue at you. "So can you really carry another person?" Cheska asks. "Seems like you'd have weight issues there"

"I can carry Storm, so long as he isn't wearing any armor or carrying anything heavy" Michaela says.
"Neat" You say.

"I couldn't tax you like that Michaela... not after all that's happened" Storm says.

>It'd beat walking

>Would they actually let you into Leon?

>Couldn't you just send Eldric a message?

>Other
>>
>>1372125
>>It'd beat walking
>>Would they actually let you into Leon?
>Oh hey, I retrieved your sword from the grand Inquisitor
>>
>>1372141
Ill back this
>>
>>1372141
this gets my vote
>>
>writing
>>
"It'd certainly beat walking..." You say. "Would they actually let you into Leon? I thought they had that place on lockdown"
"I'm known there. The order would have them open the gates for us... I hope" Storm says.

"Well either way, you'll be glad to have your sword back" You say.
"Yes, Emi told me you cut it out of Arlen's corpse... may he rest in peace" Storm says, putting a hand at his side, where his sword sits in its sheath. "And uhh... thank you for washing it off first. It must've been quite the mess"

"It really was" You say. "By the way, that third arm made him a pain in the ass to fight"
Storm chuckles. "Had I known he would regenerate an entire arm from my sword, I might've stabbed him somewhere less advantageous" He says. "As it is, you have my thanks for putting that... beast down"

"It was my pleasure, though technically Flit was the one who killed him. I just did all the fighting" You say. "And is there anywhere where having a third arm wouldn't give an advantage?"

"I dunno... maybe if it was on the leg?" Madelaine asks.
"But then he could punch and kick at the same time" You say. "I don't wanna have to deal with that..."

"I feel like we're getting off topic..." Emi says.
"Oh, we absolutely are" You reply.

>Ask Storm how he ended up in the order

>Ask Storm if he knows anything else about this place

>So you're like Madelaine and I, right?

>Other
>>
>>1372275
>>>Ask Storm if he knows anything else about this place
>>So you're like Madelaine and I, right?
>>
>>1372275
>Ask Storm if he knows anything else about this place

>>
>>1372275
>Ask Storm how he ended up in the order
>>
>>1372275
>>Ask Storm how he ended up in the order
>>
>>1372275
>>Ask Storm how he ended up in the order
>>So you're like Madelaine and I, right?
>>
>>1372275
>may he rest in peace" Storm says

I get that Storm sees himself as a champion of virtue, but, after all of the shit that the Inquisition did, Arlen does NOT deserve sympathy, even in death.
>>
>writing
>>
"So you're like Madelaine and I, right?" You ask. "Showed up a while back with no memories and all..."
"Well, yes" He says. "But I didn't know you were like that, too"

"I am" You say. "How'd you end up in the order?"
"Well, the first thing I remember was coming out of the dark... then I was walking without any real direction" He says. "It was a group of pilgrims on their way to the Grand Temple in Leon who found me, and when I told them why I was walking out there, they started calling me the chosen one..."

"You sound like you're not sure they were right" You say.
"I've read the legends and prophecies myself... they say the chosen one would find the path of righteousness and right every wrong" Storm says. "Which... well... doesn't exactly describe me..."

Michaela looks concerned, but you smile.

"There's an order to that" You say. "Maybe you just haven't found the path of righteousness... or whatever it's called yet"
"Or maybe I'm not the chosen one..." He says.
"You don't need to be chosen to do good" You say. "Confronting the Inquisition was a good start, even if it wasn't a very good idea... I'm sure you'll get the hang of it"

"I hope you're right" Storm says.

You stand up and smile. "We won't find out if we sit around here all day, will we" You say.
"You're right" Storm says.

>Go see if the Inquisition has any transports

>Head back to the carts with Derrick

>Go keep a lookout for that sprite

>Other
>>
>>1372410
>>Go see if the Inquisition has any transports
>>
>>1372410
>Go keep a lookout for that sprite
>>
>>1372410
>Go see if the Inquisition has any transports
>>
>>1372410
>>Go see if the Inquisition has any transports
>>
>>1372410
>>>Go see if the Inquisition has any transports
>>
>writing
>>
So Yuu says random stuff from the other world. Madelaine has dreams of the other world, if I'm remembering right.

We should find out what happens with Storm. Maybe if we combine everything it'll create a better picture.
>>
>>1372534
Storm probably hears things
>>
>>1372534
She's also referenced the other world: she called the Rook a motorcycle.
>>
"We'll check if the Inquisition has anything you guys can use to get to Leon first" You say. "Then... well, hopefully that sprite will have arrived"

"Wait... is it really usch a good idea to let him go back to Leon?" Derrick asks.
"I don't see why not" You say. "It's not like he knows anything about our plans... if anything he can tell them that we're all good guys, and maybe we won't have to break the door down to get in"

"Doubtful, but... I guess..." Derrick says. "Could you do that for us? Let everyone in Leon know what the Inquisition did here and in Leon?"
"I will make it my mission" Storm says. "What is left of the Inquisition will find no friends among the order"

"Fine..." Derrick says. "Let's go see what we can find"
"You're coming too?" You ask.
"You gonna get any carts you find started without me?" He asks. "We'll see what we can find, and then I'll head over and see if our cart works again"
"Solid plan. Let's go" You say

>1/2
>>
>>1372600
So smiley, i am going to assume by how in early threads you have stated that this isn't half way through the story, that hell's legion isn't the final enemy.I mean you set up so much stuff like those king monsters on another content some where.
>>
>>1372674
You guys haven't even touched the ruins yet.
That's where the real fun begins.
>>
>>1372684
Oh goodie, more chances at losing friends, i do not look forward to going into them and watching someone like Derrick die.
>>
You, Derrick, Storm, Madelaine, and Cheska all head back upstairs and outside. Emi and Michaela stay behind. Those two seem to get along pretty well, so you let them be.

"I had my suspicions that it was you who destroyed the prison" Storm says. "I'd heard that nothing gets out of there alive..."
"I'm technically not alive, according to Emi. But that's a different subject" You say.

"The people in Leon will certainly find this interesting... the adopted son of Altea, who both broke out of and destroyed Mortifas, took Bell's Run out from under the Inquisition's nose, and then routed them at their own stronghold"
"Well, technically they did that to themselves..." You say.

"I'm not so sure we should tell the people about that..." Derrick says. "I know it's the truth, but it kinda kills the believeability of the whole thing..."
"Does it?" You ask.

"It does" Cheska says. "I saw the stupid things and I can hardly believe it"

"I'd rather not hide the truth..." Storm says.
"Yeah, Michaela warned us about this" You say.

>We should keep the part about the monsters to ourselves for now

>Do what you want

>Tell them what you saw

>Other
>>
>>1372694
I very much doubt you'll lose anyone in the ruins.
Whether they'll be the same coming out... that's a different story altogether.
>>
>>1372702
>We should keep the part about the monsters to ourselves for now

Smiley man, your scaring me
>>
>>1372702
>>We should keep the part about the monsters to ourselves for now
>>
>writing
>>
>>1372712
I thought it was only the dark one that changed you, like how the wind one would blow you the fuck out of itself if Yu tried to get in. The only reason why I am worried about the ruins is because you wrote blood moon dammit, that quest was nothing but suffering.
>>
>>1372786
People have gotten into the Howling Tower at this point. You heard about them through the guild.
>>
>>1372702
>Tell them what you saw.
Storm has only seen so much himself. That much is plausible, and I think people should know about the monsters. What he's seen also doesn't sound like pure propaganda for Altea.
>>
>>1372800
Still you wrote blood moon, no matter what you say i want to avoid the stuff you say is really fun until Yu stats are like 25 in everything, no hard feelings,I just don't want to see the characters we have made friends with over these threads get fucking merced.
>>
"We should keep the part about how the Inquisition turned themselves into monsters to ourselves" You say. "I know it's the truth, but it doesn't exactly lend itself to making the story believeable"

"I... understand" Storm says. "Some of them may have been monsters on the inside, but they should be remembered as evil men. I will keep that to myself"
"Thank you" You say. "You can tell everyone about the rituals they were doing, just not the result"

"Alright" Storm says.

The conversation dies down until you're outside and heading around the back. It's a nice day out, and the sun feels nice and warm. If you didn't have things to do, you could easily curl up for a nap out here...

"By the way, I was wondering..." Storm says. "I don't mean to offend but... why do you have a blood demon with you?"
"Oh, Cheska?" You ask, as you put an arm over her shoulder. "Don't worry, she's friendly... mostly"

"If you bite me, I swear..." You say.
"I wasn't gonna" Cheska says.
"I get that. But... why?" Storm says. "Surely travelling with a demon can't be helping your cause"
"Oh, well we keep her around because she's shackled to me" You say, holding up your wrist.
"Why?" Storm asks.
"Because we tried letting someone else take the shackle, and Derrick almost had a stroke" You say.

"No, I mean why have her around at all?" He asks.
"Starting to feel offended" Cheska says.
"Hush you" You say. "She's an ex-Legionnaire. She told us everything she knows about the Legion, and in return we let her hang around and stretch her legs a bit..."
"That's all?" Storm asks.

>And she's fun to tease

>And we couldn't leave her in a cell forever...

>And she's handy in a fight

>And she's a good friend

>Other
>>
>>1372909
>And she's a good friend
>>And she's fun to tease
>>
>>1372909
>>And she's fun to tease

>>And she's a good friend
>>
>>1372909
>And she's a good friend
>And she's fun to tease
>>
>>1372909
>>>And she's handy in a fight

>>
>>1372909
>And she's a good friend
>And she's fun to tease
>And she's Cute
>>
>>1372909
>Other
>She deserved a second chance and it was the right thing to give her one.
>>
>>1372909
>>And we couldn't leave her in a cell forever...
>
>>And she's handy in a fight
>
>>
>writing
>>
>>1372909
>I think that she *actually* wants a second chance; she wants to be normal again.
>>
"Plus she's a good friend, she's fun to tease-" You say, poking her in the cheek. "-and I think she's earned a second chance"

"But... she's still a blood demon" Storm says.
"I am aware of that, as is she" You say. "We're working on that part"
"You... you think she can be err... fixed?" He asks.

"I think it's worth exploring" You say.
"Well... I hear the Pale Queen grants wishes to people who manage to get an audience with her, but beyond that I think you're out of luck" Storm says.
"I'm sure there's some way" You say. "We just... haven't found it yet"

"Speaking of finding" Derrick says, pulling your attention away from Storm. "Check it out..."

You look over to see a cart parked in a small outbuilding behind the stronghold. It's a bit bigger than Derrick's or Meyu's cart, and it's definitely fancier...

"Well damn" You say. "Can we keep this one?"

The 5 of you head over to it. Derrick takes Storm to help him check the engine, leaving you, Cheska, and Madelaine to check the inside.

The inside is even fancier than the outside. The passenger compartment has nice, cushioned seats, and the driver's seats are both covered like they are in Meyu's cart.

You immediately claim one of the comfy benches, while Cheska and Madelaine take the other.

"Seriously, we should give Storm the other one and keep this one" You say.
"You have the Rook, what do you care?" Cheska asks.

You shrug. "I could actually see myself sleeping in this thing" You say. "Might make longer trips easier"

"So, what do you think?" Madelaine asks.
"Of what?" You ask.
"Of Storm?" She asks.

>I get the feeling that he doesn't like demons

>He might be too honest

>He seems nice enough

>Other
>>
>>1373072
>>>I get the feeling that he doesn't like demons
>>He might be too honest
>>
>>1373072
>>I get the feeling that he doesn't like demons
>>He might be too honest
>>
>>1373072
>>He seems nice enough
>>I get the feeling that he doesn't like demons
>>
>>1373072
>I get the feeling that he doesn't like demons
>He might be too honest
>>
>writing
>>
I think I found the perfect tittle for our MC, Yu, the teaser
>>
"I get the feeling that he doesn't like demons" You say.
"A sentiment that a lot of people share..." Madelaine says. "I'll admit that it... took some time to adjust to Cheska being around. When we were all at Hella's I did have some trouble sleeping... but she's alright, I guess"

"You flatter me" Cheska says.
"At least I wasn't trying to have you lynched, which is what the average person would want" Madelaine says.
Cheska shrugs. "I've recieved worse receptions. Even the way you guys never really took your eyes off me was tame in comparison to the norm..."

"I... didn't even notice that" You say, as you sit up. "Why didn't you say something"

Cheska shrugs again. "It's not like they were hurting me. They were just being... understandably cautious" She says. "It helps that the one person with the most to worry about seems to be the only one who really trusts me..."

"Who-... oh, that's me isn't it?" You say.

Cheska hops over to your bench and hugs your arm with a smile.

You sigh. "I think I am being too nice to you..." You say.
"Aww... you're not gonna stop now, are you?" She asks.
"Probably not" You say. "But back on topic, I think Michaela was right. Storm may be too honest for his own good..."
"That much we agree on" Madelaine says "At least he-"

Madelaine is cut off by the sound of something very small tapping on the window. You turn to see the sprite you sent to Altea floating there.

"There she is!" You say. "I was starting to wonder if mom had forgotten us"
"It is so weird hearing you call the commander that..." Madelaine says.
"Well... get used to it" You say, as you open up the back door. "Now then, little one. What have you got for us?"

>1/2
>>
You take the note from the sprite, feed her a dried berry, pat her on the head and send her off to her jar. Then you sit back down and open it up...

"Look up" You say, reading the note out loud. You check the back of it, but that's all it says...
"That's... cryptic" Madelaine says. "Is she telling you to... keep at it or something?"

"Maybe it's literal" You say, as you stand back up and step out.

You look straight up, and see nothing but sky... and a cloud that looks an awful lot like a dog.

Then you look around, and-

"Well that's a thing" You say, as you spot something approaching the stronghold above the fortress.
"It's an airship" Madelaine says. "See any markings on it?"
"I see a flag... it's ours" You say, with a sigh. "So she sent an airship"

"Is that a bad thing?" Cheska asks.
"No, but she could've said so in the note, instead of being all cryptic..." You say. "Or y'know... told us something about the approaching airship, like who the captain is or something"

"Would knowing who the captain is help you in any way?" Cheska asks.
"No, but it would've been nice..." You say.
"Thought so" She says.

>Inform the guys downstairs

>Wait for them to get here

>Other
>>
>>1373270
>>Inform the guys downstairs
>>
>>1373270
>Inform the guys downstairs
>>
>>1373270
>>
>>1373270
>>
>>1373270
>>
>writing
>>
"Someone should tell the guys downstairs..." You say.
"I'll go" She says. "I've got something to ask Meyu anyway"
"You sure?" You ask.

She shrugs. "You should be up here when they arrive, since you're technically the commander of this operation" She says. "See you in a bit"

Madelaine heads off, back around the stronghold.

"Well, that leaves me with nothing to do..." You say, as you walk around the cart. "How's it going guys?"

"This thing'll run" Derrick says. "It's not fast, like... at all. But it should be a smooth ride"
"Thanks... I'd never have figured this out on my own" Storm says "Where'd you learn so much about engines?"

"Well, engines I learned mostly from Meyu" Derrick says. "But in principle they're the same as generators, which I learned about as a kid"

"Ah..." Storm says. "It's hard getting used to everything here... all of this is stuff you guys have been dealing with all your lives, but to me it's entirely new"
"Yuu's the same" Derrick says. "We've had to teach him things that people his age usually just... know..."

Storm looks around, then slides up to you, speaking in a quiet tone. "Were you uhh... confused the first time you took off your pants too?" He asks.

You smile in understanding. "Nah, I was lucky enough to have Derrick there to tell me what it was after Ilica called me a dick that one time" You reply.
"Ah..." Storm says. "that sounds much less embarrassing..."

>I've had my fair share...

>How'd it happen for you?

>Other
>>
>>1373389
>>How'd it happen for you?
>>
>>1373389
>>How'd it happen for you?
>>
>>1373389
>>
>>1373389
>Has anyone given you The Sex talk yet?
>>
>>1373416
Ill switch to this
>>
>writing
>>
what ever happened to these people that came to this world that made them forget nearly everything? Did we fly through the black god and our mind fucking broke or something?
>>
>>1373462
Traveling between worlds probably fucks with your brain, that or the one who brought them here purposefully removed their memories for one reason or another.
>>
"How'd it happen for you?" You ask.
"W-well... I was being fitted for new clothes, and they sent me into a curtained room to try them on" He says. "And... and when I took off my pants, I didn't know what... it was... and I may have... panicked... and tried to... uhh... tried to pull it off"

Don't laugh. You know it's hilarious, but you can't laugh. If Ilica never called you a dick, that might have been you, so you can't laugh.

"Ouch... that must have been an awkward trip to the healer" You say.
"At the time, no... but every time I think back on it I die a little inside..." He says.

"What are you two whispering about?" Derrick asks.
"Just comparing experiences" You say. "He wins. By a mile"

Derrick looks confused, but shrugs it off. "Anyways, this thing'll run" He says. "And you guys might wanna get on your way before that airship arrives... just in case"
"You're right..." Storm says. "I'll head down and grab Madelaine, and some supplies, and then we'll go"
"Good call" You say.

"Thank you guys" Storm says. "For everything. I hope to see you in Leon soon"
"Good luck, and safe travels" Derrick says, as he shakes Storm's hand.

Storm then turns to Cheska. "And I'm sorry if I came across as rude to you..." He says, as he offers his hand to her. "It is comforting to me that even someone like you is not beyond salvation"
"Uhh... Thanks?" Cheska says, as she shakes his hand as well.

Then Storm turns to you. "And if you could please keep what I told you to yourself..." He says in a hushed tone"
You take his hand. "My lips are sealed" you say. "Good luck out there, and tell Eldric that I said hello"
"I will" He replies. "And remember that you'll always have at least one friend in Leon"

You smile. "Glad to hear that"
>>
That's all for tonight!

Next thread will probably be tomorrow evening.

As always I'll be sticking around for question/suggestion time!
>>
>>1373516
>I'll head down and grab Madelaine

That should say Michaela.

I still need to learn 2 proofread...
>>
>>1373525
Thanks For running Smiley
>>
>>1373525
Thanks for running Smiley
>>
>>1373525
Great thread, Smiley!
>>
Check this out anons. Me and another anon were discussing on how to turn Cheska back to normal.

When Michaela said that when a person's physical and spritual form become malleable they become a demon. We can assume that an intense amount of negative emotion causes this (when Cheska killed her parents with anger), so if we can get Cheska to feel an intesne amount of positive emotion (happiness, joy , ect.) it could possibly turn her back to normal.

Thoughts?
>>
>>1373525
So if I understand what Michaela was talking about int he last Thread, In order to reverse the Demonafaction process we need to somehow cause the Demon in question to go through the inverse of the Heart melting mana generator process
So for someone like Cheska who had it happen when she had enough of the abuse from her parents and murdered them with fire
We would somehow need to Invoke the opposite emotional state she went through at that time?
>>
>>1373601
Basically giving her the dick.
>>
>>1373625
That's lewd anon but that might work
>>
>>1373625
A steady stream of HeadPats, Lappillows, Tender Dickings and loving Teasing will have Cheska's heart back and ticking in no time
Maybe
>>
>>1373601
>>1373607
>happiness, joy, etc

Not so simple. If anything, happiness and joy have more to do with becoming a demon than hate. Cheska didn't just kill her parents, she enjoyed watching them burn. That's the tipping point between a murderer and a Blood Demon: pleasure.

If that really is the solution, you wouldn't be looking for the opposite of hate, but rather that of something more like sadism.

Still, keep at it. I'm glad you guys are working on this.
>>
>>1373668
>Opposite of Sadism
So we need to turn Cheska into a Masochist?
>>
>>1373678
Kek
>>
>>1373678
Masochism and Sadism may be related, but they're not opposites.
>>
>>1373691
I know
I was joking around there Smiley
So we need to make Cheska feel truly remorseful and Guilty about watching her Parents burn to death
That's a tall Order from what little she and Fran have told us about their Parents
>>
Smiley can you give more detail of what this means?

>she went on to tell you that these moments are what causes the mana engine that replaces the heart to start, and that it's likely the engine itself that ultimately destroys what it's replacing.
>>
>>1373700
The moment you become a demon, the "demon heart" (mana engine of a sort) starts working. While there's little practical evidence, many believe that it's the mana engine itself that destroys the now weakened heart, rather than it just "melting" like most people say.

It's not a big piece of the puzzle, just a tidbit about the actual process of how a normal demon loses their heart.
>>
>>1373726
Thanks
>>
Obviously the inverse emotion she must feel is extreme guilt
>>
>>1373803
Guilt is something she's lived with for so long that she's become numb to it. If remorse was all it took, then she'd've been cured long ago.
>>
>>1373822
This is going to be a challenge
>>
>>1373822
clearly she didn't use strong enough guilt
we gotta use more guilt than anyone would ever reasonably experience
the guilt of doing something like using your mom's credit card in secret to buy a videogame online because you REALLY wanted it

nothing compares to it, guaranteed
>>
>>1373822
So a life of Tender and careful emotional Rehabilitation while we figure out what we can actually do for her
Good thing Yuu's a Prince now, get access to all that Royal library Knowledge once this Civil War and dealing with the Legion is dealt with
>>
>>1373868
On the Bright Side Bringing Back Cheska's heart taking a long time means we can Enlist Fran and the Best Tiny Devils Lilly and Daisy to help us
And everything is Better when Lilly and Daisy are around
>>
opposite of sadism but not masochism, so we need to get her to enjoy giving pleasure to other people ( not in a sexual way, otherwise that may just as well as be a demon of the body). Hmm, so maybe we need to make Cheska into a selfless person who would willing put some else's well being over her own.
>>
>>1375040
Maybe if she was put in a situation where she would do a selfless act, such as endangering her own life for another.
>>
>>1375040
So we make her a nun?
>>
Okay.
So, if powerful emotion turned her into a demon, maybe the absolute absence of emotion can trigger the change back. A state of mental emptiness, with not a single thought or feeling interrupting the stillness of mind for a decent amount of time.

I'm just spitballing here, but meditation might work
>>
>>1375265
Doubt it, it is strong emotions that makes the heart malleable, the opposite of that would just make it solid.
>>
>>1375311
A normal heart, yeah.
But this is a DEMON heart we're talkin about. It's fundamentally much more different.
>>
Maybe changing Cheska back is not something that she can do on her own, maybe someone else would have to do something like take her place as a demon some how.
>>
What about we somehow stop the engine in her heart and then give her a heart transplant. Sounds a bit too crazy to work though.
>>
>>1375324
Yes, that is true. But I don't see this adding up in any way. We should try to find some more research and clues, I'm sure if we look we might find something.
>>
>>1375404
even if that would work we would need the mana engine that demons have for hearts to stop so it would fucking melt the transplant heart. We need to find away to stop the demon's biology from destroying a heart and then we need to find away to give Cheska a heart.
>>
>>1375408
Temporarily kill her?
>>
>>1375411
I don't know if necromancy is a thing is this quest, so far the magic types we have seen have been of the element type. so far what the other people have come up with is bit better than the stuff i have, my first idea was to make her feel the opposite of the sin and feeling that made er a demon, i never wrote it in the thread but it was my first.
>>
>>1375419
It seems the most we can do right now is shoot at the dark. We don't know much about the heart other than that it works like a mana engine and comes about when someone finds pleasure in sin. We don't know why the "heart" would cause you to be addicted to commiting a sin. Could be a stain on the soul, as mana is the soul of living creatures. If it is then my plan wouldn't work, it might just revert straight back even if we succeed. Maybe the feeling of despair of loosing someone, something that will make her hate death and invoking it.
>>
>>1375185
I also think that it needs to be for a person she genuinely believes should die.
It's one thing to sacrifice for a love one, hell there is next to no doubt im my mind she would put herself in harms way for Yu. But getting her to feel empathy for someone that is actually repugnant, there is no way she wouldn't get her heart back from that shit.
>>
>>1375516
>>1375516
I doubt that is possible. She already has no qualms against death and has seen countless amounts of people die horriblr deaths. We can't make someone who is less empathetic feel despair for some random wanker she doesn't like. Simply wouldn't work. She would feel indifferent when saving someone like that. Since it isn't commiting a sin doing it, bit feeling good about it, I would assume it would be more like feeling sad about loosing someone she truly loves/saving someone and feeling pleasure in doing so.
>>
>>1375516
>>1375185
Forgot to say that that is me, I switched to another device
>>
So we drag Cheska along while Yuu saves villages, Builds schools, takes care of orphans, provides care for the elderly, brings medicine to the sick and other selfless Princely duties for the rest of her life?
>>
Michaela and Storm are long gone by the time the airship arrives, along with the comfy cart that you were kind of hoping you could keep...

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Derrick asks, as the 2 of you watch them leave.
"We'll see" You say.
Cheska snorts. "You sound so confident" She says.

"He's honest" You say. "Whether or not that is a good thing for us... like I said, we'll have to see"
"Come on, that airship should be landing any second now" Derrick says.

"So it's actually landing? Not sending down those weird chains?" You ask.
"Yeah, it looks like a lander" Derrick says. "Most airships are only meant to land at ports like the one in Locke, but if you look at how the underside is flat..."
"I see it" You say. "That's neat... but then how does the Pride land? It has a curvy bottom"

Cheska giggles, drawing away your attention. "D-don't mind me, continue your conversation" She says.

"The Pride uses anchors to keep steady on te ground, otherwise it'd tip" Derrick says.
"Neat" You say.

You come around the building to see that the airship has landed, and a few people have already come out.

There's a man talking to Meyu who could only look more like a captain if he had a man standing beside him with a sign saying 'this is the captain'. So you go over and say hello.

"Ah, good day your highness" The captain says, giving a polite bow.

You turn to Derrick.

>Is he talking to me?

>Am I supposed to say something?

>Is this normal?

>Other
>>
>>1376095
>>Am I supposed to say something?
>>
>>1376095
>Is this normal?
>Am I supposed to say something?
>>
>>1376095
>>Am I supposed to say something?
>>
>writing
>>
"Do I say something?" You ask.

Derrick chuckles. "No need for titles here, Captain. Yuu is more like his mother than any other royalty" He says.

The captain visibly relaxes. "Glad to hear it, but I'm-"
"He's not the Captain" The woman next to the not-captain says. The woman is only a little taller than Cheska, with black wings instead of arms. "That would be me. Captain Theresa Crow, at your service"

The real captain gives you a polite bow.

You turn back to Derrick. "How about now?" You ask.
"You could start by apologizing for the mistake" Derrick whispers.
"Yes! Sorry about that, your friend looks so captain-y I didn't think he could be anything but the captain" You say.

"Well, I am the first mate" The not-captain says. "That's... kind of like a captain"
"No it's not" Theresa says.
"Aye, it's not. But it's nice to pretend sometimes" The not-captain says. "But we're not here to discuss my hobbies. We've a message for you, prisoners to transport, and apparently a few cadavers to collect"

>Is the captain a crow, with the last name crow?

>We're not being transported?

>We're not burning those?

>Read the message

>Other
>>
>>1376177
>>Is the captain a crow, with the last name crow?
>>Read the message
>>
>>1376177
>Is the captain a crow, with the last name crow?
>Read the message
>>
>writing
>>
"So is she a crow... or is that just her last name?" You ask Derrick.
"Blackbird" Theresa says. "And I get that a lot"

"That makes sense" You say, taking the message from the first mate, as Theresa starts ordering people around.

The message is short but clear. You won't be returning to Bell's Run yet. Instead, the Comomder wants you to check out Otuna and come up to Sherton from the South.

She says that she suspects there could be Something interesting there, though she isn't certain what it might be. The town's been quiet throughout this whole deal, so you're to meet with the local lord and find out what his position is. If he's friendly, great! If not, be persuasive.

"Sounds simple enough" You say.
"What's up?" Derrick asks.
"We're headed south after all" You say.

>Get packing

>Let's help get the prisoners on the ship

>Why couldn't she just send this with the sprite?

>Other
>>
>>1376248
>Let's help get the prisoners on the ship
>>
>>1376248
>>Let's help get the prisoners on the ship
>>
>>1376248
>>Let's help get the prisoners on the ship
>>
>writing
>>
"We'll help load the prisoners onto the ship, and then get everyone together to let them know what's happening" You say.
"Sounds like a plan" Derrick says. "Let's get moving"

You and Derrick head downstairs with the first mate, to show him where the prisoners are.

"So what's it like working on an airship?" You ask.
"Rough, most days" The first mate says. "But we've got a good ship, and the lady's a good captain"
"Lady... is she nobility?" Derrick asks.

"Aye. The Crows are one of the 3 families from Sherton, and she's the youngest of their line" He says.
"Are they one of the ones with the towers?" You ask.

"They were one of the ones with the towers... 'till recently" The first mate says.
"If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, then we were there" You say. "The rubble from that explosion nearly killed us"
"Nearly killed half her family, too" The first mate says. "Not the Lady, mind you. We were all out over the southern gulf when it happened"

"That'd sound suspicious if I didn't already know the Legion did it" You say.
"That didn't stop her sisters from throwing acusations her way" The first mate says.

>Ask him what his name is

>I hear they're already rebuilding it

>How did she become a captain?

>Other
>>
>>1376348
>Ask him what his name is
>How did she become a captain?
>>
>>1376348
>>Ask him what his name is

>>How did she become a captain?
>>
>>1376348
>>Ask him what his name is
>>How did she become a captain?
>>
>writing
>>
To continue the theoretical discussion on demon hearts, maybe I missed something, but I'm not sure why we are considering a simple reversion of the process as a reasonable option with what information we have. Let me put forth a few premises:

1) I think it's reasonable to infer that every non demon in setting has a normal biological heart essentially similar to a real world human or animal (for the monster girls). 2) Demons all once had biological hearts and then got magic engines. 3) The normal heart is destroyed in some manner or another prior to or during the creation of the demon heart.

Even if we could perfectly reverse the process, there is no reason to believe a biological heart would spontaneously regrow if the demon heart went away. It's not some magic construct, it's biology. I think there is probably a greater likelihood that if Cheska reached some pure and holy state she would simply die as the demon heart was switched off and there was no longer anything there.

If we are really serious about this, then I think the only real recourse we have for rescuing a demon like Cheska is to make her a chaotic. This is another magical construct and appears to not carry the serious side effects a normal demon heart has. Unless there is organ regrowth magic that can be promptly used when the demon heart is gone, inverting an evil mana engine into a chaotic engine (and mana and soul are more like opposites after all) seems far more reasonable than turning an evil mana engine into a biological heart. Therefore we need to figure out the chaotic thing first.
>>
>>1376414
Thanks a good train of thought, When we get the chance we need to meet up with Lances mom and see what else the old bird managed to dig up on Chaotics
>>
>>1376414
Not a bad idea anon but we could get more information on how to help Cheska by asking Fran or looking in the library at the palace
>>
"What's your name anyway?" You ask.
"Did I not introduce myself?" He asks.

"Nope" Derrick says.

"Ah, I seem to have forgotten my manners" He says. "I am Robert. No last name, and most people call me Bob"
"Bob..." You say. "Works for me. So how'd Theresa become a captain?"

"Well all you need to be a captain is a ship and a crew willing to follow you" Bob says. "The Captain had the money to buy the first and hire the second so... she's the Captain"

"I guess a better question would be why she became a captain" You say. "Bit of a change from being a Lady"
"Not everyone likes the court life" Bob says.

"The Commander is a prime example of that" Derrick says. "So are you, Yuu. I think you'd hate it there"
"I would?" You ask.
"Picture one uptight noble talking about uptight noble things... now imagine an entire room full of them" Derrick says. "That's basically what court is like"
"I can see how being a captain would trump that" You say. "Anyway, prison's in here. Some of them can walk, but most of them will have to be carried"

"The lads are used to hauling" Bob says. "So long as none of 'em bite, we'll be fine"
"I wouldn't worry about that. Cheska is the only one that bites" You say.
"Who's Cheska?" Bob asks.

"That would be me" Cheska says.

Bob seems to have forgotten that Cheska was with you, as she startles him by speaking up.

"Ahh... yes, the captain warned us about you" Bob says, as he takes a cautious few steps away from Cheska.

Cheska takes a step closer to Bob. "Hmm? Is something wrong?" She asks.
"Uhh... n-no. Just-"

>Cheska, be nice

>See how this plays out

>Don't be afraid of her, Bob

>Other
>>
>>1376457
>>See how this plays out
>>
>>1376457
>>Don't be afraid of her, Bob
>>
>>1376457
>See how this plays out
>>
>>1376457
They can smell fear ya know?
>>
>>1376457
She's mostly tamed
>>
>>1376445
>>1376448
One other thing that comes to my mind as I think on this is that the setting has no "angels" we know of - there is no evidence of a "good" demon heart existing. Nor do we have any knowledge of reformed demons, even if there is knowledge of something so rare as a chaotic. This strongly suggests to me there is no other mystical option for a heart that can be granted by good behavior.

Fortunately, I think this likely wouldn't matter to a chaotic. We have a heart incision and no real personality control. It seems like chaotics are more of an amoral science creation rather than some kind of mysticism based on morals. I question somewhat if it's necessary we make Cheska reform at all as opposed to finding a good chaotic surgeon (and we at least know these existed at some point somewhere).
>>
>writing

>>1376482
I dunno man, the Grand Inquisitor seemed to have a couple hearts to spare.
>>
>>1376491
No, wait. That was brains. I'm retarded.
Here's a picture of a cute thing as compensation.
>>
>>1376501
Compensation accepted.
>>
>>1376501
>So hearts are important to the black god apparently, because even when that fucker melded part of it's self onto the human it only had one. I suppose the having more than one brain would also be an issue, because even if the original brain still exits you have like 5 other semi formed brains telling the body to do something different than the original. Guess that's why they scream stuff like kill whilst they fight for their lives, the person's body has been hijacked and they are in constant pain.
>>
>>1376482
>>1376491
I actually hadn't thought of it, but that actually raises a good point. The evil abyss seems able to create new organs. It's also evident in his demon weapons. If that's the only way though, I'm not sure if it's a very helpful, aside from proof of concept for organ creation via magic. I feel a little hesitant to try it based on past experience though.
>>
>>1376537
sorry, still kinda of getting uses to for 4 chan and stuff like green text.
>>
>>1376542
Well the thing is we don't really know a lot about stuff like the black god and all that. We don't even know why it will eat mana but chaos is a no go.
>>
Cheska takes another step towards Bob, and you put a hand on her head.

"Don't be afraid of her, Bob. She's only teasing you" You say.
"Yeah, lighten up" Cheska says. "Did you really think I'd try something here?"

Bob breathes a sigh of relief. "I guess I overreacted a little" He says, tipping his head to you. "My apologies"
"Don't apologize to me" You say.

He turns to Cheska. "Sorry for my behaviour, Ma'am" He says.
"I'm used to it" She says.

"Anyhow, I'll go lead the boys down here so we can start haulin'" Bob says. "Feel free to help out, if you want. But I don't think the boys would complain too much if you left them your share of the work"

You shrug. "That's what we came down here for" You say. "Come on, Cheska. Let's get to work"
"What? Why do I have to help?" She asks.
"Because you're here and you're able" You say. "Now less complaining, more dragging"

Cheska pouts as she follows you into the holding cell.

>1/2
>>
You decide to sling one of the sleepers over your shoulder and head back up to the ship, while Cheska does the same with a smaller person, and Derrick starts to round up the ones that can walk..

What Derrick's doing will take a little while, so you head up with Cheska first.

"See? Not so bad" You say.
"You're lucky I'm a demon. A normal girl as small and delicate as me would never be able to handle this kind of labour" She says.
"I am aware of that" You say. "You sure you wanna try and return to normal? Without that demonic strength I could bully you as much as I want and there'd be nothing you could do about it"

"You suuuuure~?" She asks, as she lightly tickles your side under your shirt with her tail.
"H-hey, not while I'm carrying someone" You say.

Cheska giggles. "The strength would be a small price to pay... I think" She says. "Although I'm not sure I could live without it at this point... I've been a demon for so long I don't actually know what it'd be like to be normal"

"Well, try arm wrestling Madelaine when you get the chance" You say. "That way you can see how you stack up"
"Are you kidding? Have you seen that girl's arms?" She asks. "I said 'small and delicate', dude. That girl is neither of those"

>So it'd be a fair match

>I'm telling her you said that

>Her arms aren't that big

>Other
>>
>>1376537
>>1376545
Also of note is the heart was put where the brain normally is in a person, which suggests assigning more importance.

>>1376557
I think we might consider it better from the other perspective of why are chaotics so incredibly deadly to the black god? They have anti energy that seems to really screw up its ability to do harm and the one part of their body that can be corrupted into a demon is sliced out and replaced with an engine of that anti energy. I think this is deliberate design, given that chaotics seem surgically altered with purpose.

Incidentally, we are sure that all these other people who came out of caves just use mana, right? This kind of puzzles me more than anything really. But perhaps my memory is just bad.
>>
>>1376586
>>So it'd be a fair match
>>I'm telling her you said that
>>
>>1376586
>>I'm telling her you said that
>>
>>1376587
Madelaine and Storm are both normal, and I'd wait until you know a bit more about how you were turned into a demon before coming to any conclusions.
>>
>>1376586

>>
>>1376586
>>
>>1376586
Madelaine confirmed for /fit/
>>
>writing
>>
"I'm telling her you said that" You say.
"Go ahead" Cheska says. "See, coming from another woman, that is a compliment. If you were to say it, it'd sound judgemental"
"Is that how it works?" You ask. "Either way, her arms aren't actually that big..."

"In comparison to like... Meyu, or Derrick or even you? No, not really. But next Emi or me, yeah" Cheska says.
"My arms are big?" You ask.
"Not huge... but above average, yeah" She says. "Now, it's nothing compared to somebody like Meyu, but that dude is built like a friggin ox"
"He is a pretty big guy" You say. "Not as big as Rhea, though"

"I don't think normal people get as big as Rhea" Cheska says. "That... they just don't"

With that, you reach the doors of the stronghold and bring the people you're carrying onto Theresa's ship, passing several crewmen headed down to get to work.

Bob shows you where to bring them, leading you down to the cargo hold, where a bunch of makeshift beds have been set up.

Once you've set them down, the two of you head back down to keep at it...

>1/2
>>
After a few trips back and forth, the job is done.

As you set down the last of the prisoners on a bed, you dust your hands off and turn to Cheska.

"All done, ready to GRHK-" You say, as Cheska pinches your side with her tail.

Cheska giggles and twirls away from you, as you rub your side.

"Have you been waiting to do that ever since the first trip up the stairs?" You ask.
"Yep!" She says.

You sigh, walk over to her, and lightly bop her on the head. "Come on, let's go and-"

>Get everyone together

>See the captain

>Check the carts

>Other
>>
>>1376724
>Check the carts
>>
>>1376724
>>Get everyone together
>>
>>1376724
>Get everyone together
Progress and forward moment.
>>
>>1376724
>Get everyone together
>>
>>1376724
>>Get everyone together
>>
Hey, Smiley, I gotta question: what do Madelaine and Storm look like, again? I think I remember that she's a redhead, but that's about it.
>>
>>1376762
Madelaine's a redhead with dark green eyes, light-ish skin, and a few freckles.

Storm's got dark brown hair, tanned skin, and brown eyes.

>writing
>>
"-get everyone together" You say. "We'll let them all know what the plan is, and set a time to leave so we can all get our shit together"
"Hey, hey, look who's sounding more like a leader" She says.

"I do try" You say, as you turn and head out.
Cheska skips into step beside you, seeming almost... more cheerful than usual...

>That's probably normal

>Ask why she's so damn happy

>Other
>>
>>1376801
>>That's probably normal

A very Yuu-esque answer, I feel.
>>
>>1376801
>>Ask why she's so damn happy
>>
>>1376801
>>That's probably normal
but
>Ask her why she so happy anyways
>>
>>1376817
Ill back this
>>
>>1376801
>>Ask why she's so damn happy
>>
>>1376801
this >>1376817
>>
>writing
>>
You study her face for a moment, and she's definitely smiling...

"What's up?" She asks.
"Hmm... it's probably normal..." You say.
"What is?" She asks.
"You seem happier than usual" You say.

"Oh... I guess I'm just in a good mood today" She says.
"Any particular reason?" You ask.

She shrugs.

"No reason at all?" You ask.

"Maybe a little one..." She says. "I was kinda glad that you stood up for me... back when Bob got all weird"
"That was nothing" You say.

Her smile softens. "I know... and I think that's why it made me glad..." She says.
"Who knew you'd been so easy to please this entire time" You say. "I could've kept that one slice of cake for myself if I'd just let a guard in and told him not to act weird"

"Too bad, that cake was pretty damn good" Cheska says.
"Heck, I could've left you in that room too..." You say.

"Aww, but what would you do without me to liven things up?" She asks.
"Hmm... you're right. I'd have to find some other entertainment..." You say, as you poke her in the forehead. "But I probably wouldn't have had my first kiss stolen from me"

"Don't lie, you enjoyed that as much as I did" She says.

>What say?
>>
>>1376895
>Lean in close
>"I never said I didn't enjoy it. But a little warning would nice next time would nice next time"
>>
>>1376899
>Lean in close
>"I never said I didn't enjoy it. But a little warning would nice next time would nice"
that extra Next time at the end
Proof read Cleric come on
>>
>>1376899
I got nothing so ill back this
>>
>>1376895
this>>1376899
>>
>>1376895
I've liked Stella since day one for potential romance. Still, if I'm in the minority, then that's cool, just so long as Yuu doesn't end up with, like, 4 (or more) girls fighting over him; not a fan of harem.
>>
>>1376926
I'm still gunning for Illica even though I have no chance there.
Don't stop fighting brother!
>>
>>1376926
Route lock is still a ways away. Yuu is currently in a process of discovery.

And no harems. I sort of semi tried to set up something like that in ODW with the 'open relationship' and it blew up and everyone stopped liking Melissa.
>>
>>1376935
I like your spirit anon, keep fighting!
>>
"W-well... I never said I didn't enjoy it..." You say. "But maybe a little warning next time?"
"What, like an 'incoming'... or something?" She asks.
"Works for me" You say.

The two of you walk over to where the others are waiting. As you approach, they all look up.

"So, what's the plan, kid?" Meyu asks.
"We're heading south" You say. "The Commander has tasked us with meeting the leader of Otuna, and finding their stance on this war"

"If they're hostile?" Meyu asks.
"We'll have to be convincing. I don't think we have the manpower to take the town" You say.
"I dunno... Otuna's a pretty small town" Georg says. "And I don't think... Paula, who's in charge over there again?"

"Was it that blond dude?" Paula asks. "Uhh... Desmond?"
"No, he's the lord of Port Havel down on the south coast" Georg says.
"Oh... shit. Then I have no clue" Paula says.

"Does... anyone know who's in charge there?" Derrick asks.

Everyone looks to everyone else, and you get a mix of shrugs and shaken heads.

"That complicates things" You say. "Hold tight, I'm gonna go ask the Captain Theresa. Maybe she'll know"

>1/2
>>
>>1376935
I'm with you 100%

Poor Emi, we need to pay more atention to the snek
>>
"Something wrong?" Theresa asks.
"Maybe... do you know who the lord of Otuna is?" You ask.

"Nope" Theresa says. "Never actually been there myself"
"Weird..." You say. "Nobody seems to know who it is"

"Really? I figured Paula would know..." Theresa says.
"You know Paula?" You ask.
"Yeah, we go back a ways" Theresa says.

"You two don't really seem like friends" You say.
"I never said we were friends" Theresa says.
"Ah..." You say, choosing to leave it at that.

"If that's all, I should get going before that freaky corpse either comes back to life or starts stinkin' up my cargo hold" She says.
"Good call" You say. "And while I don't think it will come back to life, if it does remember to aim for the head if you want to kill it again"
"Noted" Theresa says. "Best of luck to you, sir. I'll see you in Sherton"

You nod to her, and step back as she steps up the loading ramp. A crewman closes it behind her, and the ship's engines start to power up.

You probably shouldn't be standing this close...

So, a neutral town with a mystery lord, huh... Here's hoping there are no rude surprises waiting for you there...
>>
That's all for tonight!

Next thread will likely be on Wednesday, but I might run tomorrow if I'm feeling ambitious.

>>
>>1377019
>>
>>1377019
Thanks Smiley!
>>
>>1377019
>>
>>1377019
Despite Route Lock being a ways away, I feel like the Yu bowl will always be dominated by characters with combat skill that has the free time to join Yu on his missions.
The reason that Cheska is "popular" now is because she is litteraly tied to us and is getting all the character development.
Considering the situation this is unlikely to change anytime soon, which is troubling to let's say Stella fans because in the grand scheme of our globe trotting adventure how much time do we have to spend with her compared to Cheska who is by our side 24/7.
Ilica might have a chance, and Snek ain't for sexual so I'm not worried about her, but any girl that is set on staying in one location is fucked.
What do you think about this analysis and if you agree how would you fix this if you plan to?
Great thread by the way. The world and lore of this quest is so interesting, and i love the evolution of the mc so far.
Keep up the great work.
>>
>>1377019
Great thread, Smiley!
>>
>>1377019
Thanks for running!

Hypothetically what would have happened if at the very beginning we went into the forest instead of towards the town.
Would we have shacked up with Carthac and the other demons?

I'm just trying to picture a life without Derrick, or Emi, or Illica. I miss them already.
>>
So anons, are we going to replace our dear departed Centipede-kun with a Zapdog?
>>
>>1377057
I will admit to railroading a bit that first thread. All roads there lead to Mortifas, it was just a matter of who sent you there and who you met along the way. You guys ended up taking the most direct route (going to Bell's Run, talking to the guards), but there was no avoiding capture.

>>1377049
Worry not, anon. I plan to even things out. Cheska's getting a lot of Yuu-time right now, but that won't last forever.
>>
>>1377102
Huh, well that's one less thing to think about at night, thanks for answering!
>>
>>1377102
Wanting to separate Yuu and Cheska
How can you be so heartless Smiley?
>>
Just found this scene will reading some of the previous threads

>"Hmm... it was like I was tied up with long ropes, to something I couldn't see" She says. "The ropes were suspending me over a vat of my own blood"

"How would someone manage to fill a vat with your blood?" You ask. "And how did you know it was yours?"
"I dunno, I just knew" She says. "Oddly enough, I think the ropes were keeping me out of the vat. I felt like I needed to go in... what do you think that means?"

Maybe this could mean something
>>
You pull up to the town first, on the Rook with Cheska sitting behind you. You decided to push ahead a bit, arriving a couple minutes before the others.

The place looks... simple. It doesn't have stone walls like the other towns, instead there's just a simple wooden fence around it.

The buildings are clearly old, and you can see a temple of sorts up on a hll in the center of the town.

"Wow" Cheska says. "I spent all that time with the Legion trying to raid the big towns. Who knew there was one just sitting here, ripe for the picking"
"Well... not you, obviously" You say.
"Har har" Cheska says. "Still, even the least fortified towns I've seen had a palisade. You mean to tell me that these guys have been getting along with that dinky little fence?"

"Clearly they have" You say. "Look at the buildings. All old, no sign of repairs. They must have some way of warding off attackers"

"Well, let's ask around" Cheska says, as she hops off the Rook.
You dismount as well. "They probably won't tell a pair of demons know their secret" You say.
Cheska shrugs.

There aren't many people about, but you really only need 1...

>Ask someone about the fence

>Ask someone about the temple

>Wait for the others

>Other
>>
>>1378767
>Ask someone about the fence
>>
>>1378767
>>Ask someone about the fence
>>
>>1378767
>>Ask someone about the temple
>>
>>1378767
>>Ask someone about the fence
>>
>writing
>>
You flag down a middle aged woman with a dog's tail and floppy ears coming out the top of her head. She's carrying a pair of bags, the contents of which you can't see

"Excuse me" You say.

The woman perks up and turns to you. "Oh, hello" She says. "I don't think I've seen you around here before..."
"I just arrived" You say, pointing back to where the Rook and Cheska are sitting.
"Ah..." The woman says, like that somehow tells her more than she lets on. "My apologies, we don't often get outsiders"

"I figured. This place is a little ways off the beaten path" You say. "I was wondering about the fence outside... do you guys not get any problems here without a wall?"
"That's something you should ask the lady" The woman says.

"Is the Lady the one in charge here?" You ask.
"Why certainly" The woman says. "You've come to see her, have you not?"
"Well, yeah... how did you know?" You ask.
"Because outsiders don't travel all the way down here to talk to an old girl like me" She says.

>You don't look that old...

>Ask if the Inquisition's been around

>Does the lady live in the temple?

>Other
>>
>>1378875
>You don't look that old...
>>
>>1378875
>>You don't look that old...
>>
>>1378875
>>You don't look that old...
>>Does the lady live in the temple?
>>
>writing
>>
You tilt your head and look the woman over. "You don't look that old..." You say.

The lady's face reddens, and her tail starts to wag. "My, aren't you a charmer" She says. "I think you'll get along with our Lady rather well"
"Is she the one who lives up in the temple on the hill?" You ask.
"And perceptive" The woman says.

"Already getting friendly with the locals, huh Yuu?" Gerard asks.
"Took you guys long enough" You say.

Gerard bops your head. "The rest of us aren't running with your tech" He says. "Didn't stop Meyu, though. I thought I was gonna have to physically hold his foot off the... gas..."
"Something wrong?" You ask.

Gerard smiles at the woman you've been talking to. "No, just wondering why I haven't come here sooner" He says, as he sweeps his hair back. "Mind you, had I known the ladies were this gorgeous, I would have"

You raise an eyebrow at him, then turn to the woman. You guess she is kind of good looking for a woman her age... Especially when her cheeks are red like they are now...

"Name's Gerard" Gerard says, as he takes the woman's hand and kisses it. "And what might you be called, my dear?"
"E-eve" The woman sputters out.
"A beautiful name, and a good fit for one like yourself" He says.

>You're acting weird

>Go tell Derrick what you've learned

>Go ask Meyu why Gerard is acting weird

>Other
>>
>>1378988
>You're acting weird

>Go tell Derrick what you've learned
>>
>>1378988
>You're acting weird
>>Go tell Derrick what you've learned
Re, that's our milf to hit on, get your own
>>
>>1378988
>>Go ask Meyu why Gerard is acting weird
>>
>>1378988
>>You're acting weird
>>1378993
I don't think that this is normal. Also, stop with the 'ree'-ing.
>>
>>1378988
>>You're acting weird
>>
>writing
>>
"You're acting weird" You say.
"What makes you say that?" Gerard asks.

As you're about to respond, it suddenly occurs to you that you don't really know how Gerard usually acts...

"Anyways, thanks for your help Eve" You say.
"No trouble at all, young man" She says. "Yuu, was your name?"
"Yes" You say.
"I must be going, but if you need anything else feel free to stop by my home" She says, giving Gerard a not-so-subtle look. "It's the one down the street with the blue roof. You can't miss it"

"I'll keep that in mind" You say.

Eve waves and starts heading off, but Gerard goes after her as you head back to the group.

"We needn't part, perhaps I can help carry those for you" You hear Gerard say.
"That would be very helpful indeed" Eve says.

"Is that normal?" You ask Meyu.
"Yyyyep" Meyu says. "Let him be, he'll be around if we need him"

"Learn anything?" Derrick asks.
"The Lady of the town lives up there" You say, pointing to the temple.
"At a... temple?" Derrick asks.
"Is that not normal?" You ask.
"Usually the Lady or Lord has a manor... not a temple" Derrick says. "This should be interesting"

>Anything you want to do before heading up?
>>
>>1379077
Can't hurt to do maintenance on the Rook
>>
>writing
>>
"Should I do maintenance on the Rook?" You ask Meyu.
"Depends... were you pushin' it to get here?" Meyu asks.
"No" You say.

"Then it's fine. We can take a look later, if you want. But even on an old beater you can run for a couple days without needing to open it up" Meyu says.
"Alright" You say. "So we take the carts up to the hill?"

"Not up to the temple?" Derrick asks.
"Doesn't look like there's a road going up" You say.
"Ugh..." Cheska says. "That means stairs, doesn't it"
"Probably" You say. "Let's go"

>1/2
>>
You pull the rook up to the base of the hill, where there is a set of stairs going up. The others pull up behind you, and start getting out.

"Wow... kind of reminds me of home" Emi says.

At the base of the stairs there's a red archway of a sort.

"This is a southern thing?" Madelaine asks, as she examines the arch.
"Entrances to temples and shrines are always decorated with these" Emi says. "In my home, the path leading to the pools has one"
"Neat" Madelaine says.

Emi, Derrick and Madelaine start heading up, while Meyu eyes the stairs with a look of dread.

"They're just stairs" You say.
"Boy, when you get to my age you will find that stairs become your worst enemy" He says. "Permission to sit this one out? I figure you're the one the Lady'd want to talk to, I could make myself useful gatherin' info at the local inn with Zaine"

>Permission granted

>Oh, suck it up

>Other
>>
>>1379138
>>Permission granted
>>
>>1379138
>>Permission granted
>>
>>1379138
>Permission granted
>>
>>1379138
>Permission granted
Though, I don't know if I will be like you when I am your age. Chaotic and all...
>>
>>1379138
>>Permission granted
>>
>writing
>>
"Permission granted, I suppose" You say. "If only because I don't feel like listening to your knees creak with every step"
"Heh heh hehhhh... funny guy" Meyu says. "But thanks, and good luck up there"
"You two. Let me know if you guys find anything" You say.

Meyu nods to you, and then heads off.

Then you and Cheska head up.

"I'm surprised you didn't ask to stay" You say.
"Yeah, it would've been a fun time at the tavern trying to gnaw my arm off to get this shackle off" Cheska says. "Really sounds like my idea of a good time"
"At least you'd be well fed" You say.
"Not on this skinny arm" Cheska says.

You chuckle. "Good thing the shackle is form fitting, otherwise it might have fallen off by now" You say.

It takes a while to get up to the top of the stairs, and when you get there you see Georg trying very hard to catch his breath.

"See, this is what happens when you half ass it on drills" Paula says.
"I don't half ass the drills" Georg says. "The drills don't involve a thousand stairs..."
"It's not 1000" Flit says. "I counted 348"

>You counted?

>Head inside

>Take a look around

>Other
>>
>>1379211
>Head inside
>>
>>1379211
>You counted?
>Head inside
>>
>>1379211
>>Head inside
>>
>>1379211
>>Head inside
>>
>>1379211
>>>Head inside
>>
>>1379211
>You counted?

>Head inside
>>
>writing
>>
"You... counted?" You ask.
"I was bored" Flit replies.

You blink a few times, and then turn to the others. "Shall we?"
"You kids go ahead, we'll join you once Georg can breathe" Paula says.
"Ugh... maybe I should've gone with Meyu..." Georg says.

"Alright. Just don't take too long" You say, as you head up to the main doors of the temple.

The door is the same red as the archway at the base of the hill, with a large ring-like thing on it.

"What is that?" You ask.
"It's a knocker" Derrick says, as he steps up and takes the bottom of the ring, wrapping it against the door a few times before stepping back.

You wait a few seconds, and the doors open. Standing in the doorway is a girl who looks like she's in her early 20's, with cat-like ears. But her tail is more like Layla's, so she must be a Vulpid.

"Hello" You say. "Are you the lady of this temple?"

Her eyes light up with understanding. "Hold on one moment" She says, as she steps away from the door. "GRANDMA! YOU'VE GOT VISITORS!"

The Vulpid turns back to you, and she smiles like she didn't just break your eardrums. "She'll be with you in a moment" She says.

>Can you teach me to yell like that?

>I take it your grandma is the Lady?

>Ask why this place looks southern

>Other
>>
>>1379285
>>
>>1379285
>Ask why this place looks southern
>>
>>1379285
>>Ask why this place looks southern
>>
>>1379285
>>Can you teach me to yell like that?
>>I take it your grandma is the Lady?
>>
>>1379285

>>
>writing
>>
>>1379285
>>Can you teach me to yell like that?
>>I take it your grandma is the Lady?
>>Ask why this place looks southern
>>
"Can you teach me to yell like that?" You ask.
"I-I don't think so..." She says. "It's not really something you can teach..."

"How'd you learn it?" You ask.
"Well my grandmother, she's hard of hearing and-"

"I am not hard of hearing" Another woman says, as she steps into view of the door. This woman is another Vulpid, taller and more mature than the one who greeted you, but nowhere near old enough to be her grandmother...

On top of that she has 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 tails. Wait, no. There's a ninth one there, between the fourth and the fifth. She's dressed similarly to Layla, in a robe of sorts that ties off at the front. Though hers covers much, much more than Layla's does...

You peer past the girl in front of you to look around. "So... where's your grandmother?" You ask.

The nine-tailed woman smiles. "Oh-ho, flattery will get you nowhere with me boy" She says, as she turns away from you. "But feel free to keep up the effort. If there's one thing a lady like me enjoys, it's hearing about how young and pretty she looks"

So that is her grandmother then. Somehow... She looks 10, maybe 15 years older than the other Vulpid. But she's her grandmother...

"Miranda, show our guests to the sitting room" The woman says. "It would be most rude to leave royalty standing on the doorstep"

>What say?
>>
>>1379387
> how did you know I am royalty?
>>
>>1379387
Ask how she knows we're royalty, for starters
>>
>>1379413
This
>>
>writing
>>
>>1379417
>>1379415
>>1379413
maybe she's talking about Derrick?
>>
"How did you know I'm royalty?" You ask.

The woman turns and smiles. "I wasn't referring to you, dear. You may be a prince now, but your blood remains common. I was talking about you two" She says, pointing to Derrick and Emi.

Derrick scowls. "How do you know about that?" He asks.
"I sense much that is not there to see" She says. "But here is not the place to talk. Follow me"

Derrick looks uncertain, but you shrug and follow along.

The woman leads you to another room, where there are 6 chairs. One that is obviously for her, and 5 for the rest of you.

"Please, sit" She says. "Miranda will be around with tea momentarily"
"I'd like to know where you got that information, before I try to make myself comfortable" Derrick says.

The woman smiles. "5 souls come to my doorstep. 5 souls, 2 hearts pumping the blood of kings, 1 of a commoner, and 2 who hold their sins where once hearts beat" She says. "This much I knew, before you even arrived"

"But I'm a pure demon" You say.
"Sacrifice is still a sin, darling" The woman says, as she lounges into her chair and pulls out a long pipe. "Not as dire a sin as murder, rape, or robbery, that the heart discards itself in disgust. But it is a sin nonetheless"

>Ask what she means by that

>Ask how she knows about this

>Ask who she is

>Other
>>
>>1379477
>>Ask what she means by that
>>
>>1379477
>>
>>1379477
>Ask who she is
>>
>>1379477
>>
File: 1318904118617.gif (2MB, 200x174px) Image search: [Google]
1318904118617.gif
2MB, 200x174px
>>1379477
>"Sacrifice is still a sin, darling"
Holy shit the ride never ends

>Ask what she means by that

>>
>>1379477

>Ask who she is
>>
>writing
>>
>>1379477
>I'm guessing this is why you don't need a wall
>>
so....touch fluffy tail?
>>
>>1379543
...maybe. if she lets us
>>
>>1379544
Yuu seems to have a way with the older ladies so anything is possible
>>
>>1379544
She probably knows if we're going to or not already. So she will either stop us before we try it or let us? Or is it then inevitable...
>>
"What do you mean by that?" You ask.
"Like all demons, you are bound to the sin that made you" She says.

"The sin of... sacrifice?" You ask.
"To give one's life for another" She says. "Heroic as it might be, it is also unconscionably stupid"

"I... what?" You ask. "So I... sacrificed myself for someone? Who?"

"That I can't say" She says. "The colour red comes to mind, though..."
"So you know all this other stuff, but-"

"Please, darling. I'm not some all seeing goddess... as much as I would like to be" She says. "I simply know how to tune out the universe for a while, to see beyond what is there"

"You... aren't as old as you look. Are you?" Emi asks.
The woman smiles. "How knowledgeable of you, Miss..."
"Emi" Emi says.
"Good name" The woman says. "No, I'm much older than I appear to be, and older still than anyone you will meet in your entire lives"

"Do you know something about this woman?" Derrick asks.
"She is a Kitsune, not a simple Vulpid" Emi says.
"Ah, may I ask where you learned about my kind?" The woman asks. "Ah, nevermind. It matters little. I am called Namaki, by the way"

"Oh" You say. "I'm Yuu"
"You don't already know our names?" Derrick asks.
Namaki smiles. "Even if I could see something that specific, it is still polite to introduce oneself; dear princeling"

>1/2
>>
Namaki sits back and crosses her legs, plucking a candle out of its stand to light her pipe with as the rest of you sit down.

"But I doubt you ventured so far off the warpath to hear my ramblings" She says. "What brings you here?"
"We wanted to know your position in this war" Derrick says.

"My position is peace, mostly" Namaki says. "But if you're wondering if I'll attempt to stab your backs as you move upon Contique, then the answer is no. Otuna lacks any sort of force with which to stab, anyhow"

"I was going to ask about that actually..." You say. "A town with no guards, no wall, no defenses whatsoever... how do you survive?"
"Says the boy who so easily dismantled my primary defense..." Namaki says.

You tilt your head in confusion.

"So the eyes of truth did not even notice my bit of trickery..." Namaki says. "How curious"
"What trickery?" You ask.

Namaki picks up a crystal ball from the stand next to her chair. "A fork in the road that only goes one way" She says.
"I remember a fork in the road... yeah. But-"
"But you did not turn" She says. "I sensed the approach of a possible threat, and so put up my defenses as per usual. A simple illusion of there being no road... and you blew right past it"

>Possible threat?

>You do illusions?

>So that's how you protect the town?

>Other
>>
>>1379616
>>So that's how you protect the town?
>>
>>1379616
>>You do illusions?

>>So that's how you protect the town?
>>
>>1379616
>You do illusions?

>>
>>1379616
>You do illusions?

Explains how they lived so close to the inquisition HQ but stayed uncontrolled
>>
>>1379616
>You do illusions?
>>
>>1379616
>You do illusions?

>>
>writing
>>
"So that's how you protect the town... you do illusions" You say.
"Indeed" She says, as she draws something in the air with her finger... something you can't see. "Though apparently not for you..."

"Well that explains how you kept the Inquisition out" You say.
"A stubborn lot, they were" She says. "I thought I might run out of mana before they'd stop sending their damned jailors my way"
"Well you don't have to worry about them anymore" You say.

"Hmm... I do smell blood about you" She says. "It is no blood I have ever smelled before though. Not of a man, or a beast"
"They were transformed into something that was neither" You say.

"A blackened sky, and a field of stars that watch you as you pass and smile as you wither away" Namaki says. "Yes I have dreamt of the eyes and teeth of the Black God"

"Can you tell us anything about it?" You ask.

Before she can answer, Miranda comes back in with a tray of tea. She gives one to Namaki first, then to each of you.

"No- thank you dear" She says as she takes the cup from her grand daughter. "Nor will I steep mysef in that madness to get a glimpse. It is a creature that does not belong in this world... which is, perhaps, why it is not here..."

"In this world?- thanks" You say, as Miranda hands you a cup.
"Indeed" She says.

>Ask how she sees these things

>Ask why this place looks so southern

>Ask if she can tell you any more

>Other
>>
>>1379684
>Ask why this place looks so southern
>Other
Mention that you would like some advice about getting into the ruins. And that you are pretty sure that you are one of several that is from another reality or dimension. Also ask about the pure black stuff that only we can see.
>>
>>1379684
>>Ask if she can tell you any more
>>
>>1379687
I think Smiley said that people have gotten into the ruins by now
>>
>>1379684
>Ask how she sees these things
>>
>>1379684
>>Ask why this place looks so southern
>>
>writing
>>
>>1379697
I meant the towers. Regardless, we haven't, and I want to have info before trying to do things, since that tends to lower DC.
>>
"So why does this place look so southern?" You ask.

Namaki laughs, and sips her tea. "I've always enjoyed the southern aesthetic. It's very open, and harmonious" She says.
"Ess-thetic" You say. "What does that mean?"

"She likes the way it looks" Emi says.
"Oh" You say. "Does it being harmonious help uhh... see beyond the universe?"
"No, but it's nice to look at" Namaki says.

You look down at your up, and then take a sip from it. It tastes very... tea.

You're not really certain how to describe it, but you think it might be an acquired taste...

"Can you tell us any more about what you know?" Emi asks.
"I can, but I could do one better..." She says. "I can give each of you a reading if you like. Having general visions is one thing, but by making contact with someone, I can see things more specific to them..."

"I'd like that..." Cheska says.
"I thought you might, given how very uncertain everything seems to be right now..." Namaki says. "Now, who wants to go first?"
>>
That's all for tonight!

Next thread will likely be on Thursday, unless I am also feeling ambitious tomorrow.

>>
>>1379776
>>
>>1379776
Thanks, hope to see you later!
>>
>>1379776
Great thread, Smiley!
>>
"You're just going to... tell us our fortunes?" Madelaine asks. "No strings... just like that?"
"Of course" Namaki says.
"Why?" Madelaine asks.

"Because I've yet to encounter any so young, with such a dark pall hanging above them" Namaki says. "You and you allies will need all the help you can get... and this is all I have to offer"

"What do you mean by 'a dark pall'?" You ask. "Also, what's a pall?"
"The shroud that lay over a coffin" Namaki says. "Yes, I feel that many coffins will be needed in the coming times... more so than you think could ever exist"

"People are going to die?" You ask.
"People always die" Namaki says. "Death is the only guarantee we have in this life... A lesson I have learned many a time, in my old age"

You furrow your brow. "How old are you, really?" You ask.
Namaki smiles knowingly. "I have as many years as the steps to my temple" She says.
"So... 348?" You ask.

Namaki's composure drops. "H-how did you know that?" She asks.
"Flit counted them" You say.

Namaki sighs, and takes a sip of her tea. "Ah, the eccentricity of elves never ceases to amaze" She says. "So? Who wishes to go first?"

The 5 of you look to one another.

"Or we could all sit here until I grow bored and rescind the offer. Your choice" She says.

>Who goes first?

>Other
>>
>>1387510
>Derrick
>>
>>1387510
>Derrick
>>
>>1387510
>Derrick
>>
>writing
>>
Theory: Derrick's dad runs his sword through his own son's heart, and Terry offers to make him a pure demon in exchange for something; I'm pretty sure that he had something to do with making Yuu into one.
>>
"I dunno... why don't you go first Derrick?" You ask.
"Why me?" He asks.

You shrug. "You're the first person that came to mind" You say.
Derrick sighs. "Alright, why not?" He asks.
"Excellent" Namaki says. "Pull your chair up in front of mine, and we can begin"

Derrick stands up and does as Namaki says, sitting down in front of her.

"So... what now?" Derrick asks.
"Your hand, if you please" Namaki says.

Namaki takes Derrick's hand in both of hers, and closes her eyes.

"Hmm... A boy who stands in so many shadows that he cannot see beyond his own nose" She says. "But I see strength deep within... a light that he holds close, and keeps to himself"

"Is it... me?" Derrick asks.
"I should assume so, yes" Namaki says. "He must learn to let go. Let his light shine, spread his wings, and he will find that even the tallest shadows cannot keep him in the dark"

"And I believe that is all" She says.
"It is?" He asks. "That was oddly... unspecific"
"They are metaphors, child. The truth is never so plain" She says. "The meaning is something you must discover"

Derrick stands, looking mildly disappointed... yet satisfied in a way.

"Well, that was me. Who wants to go next?" He asks.

>?
>>
>>1387602
>Emi
>>
>>1387602
Emi
>>
>writing
>>
"I'll go" Emi says, as she slithers over to the chairs that Derrick just vacated.

You never noticed it before, but Emi looks kind of awkward sitting in a normal chair... it's like she's trying to sit like a normal person, but then she has around an extra 6 feet of tail on the end that she either leaves trailed on the floor, or wraps around the chair legs.

Maybe you should look into what kind of chair a Serpid would actually be comfortable in and get one for her...

Which reminds you that you completely forgot to steal that chair from the Inquisition...

By the time you're through with that train of thought, Namaki is ready to begin.

"I see a face, reflected in the still waters of a sea of blades" Namaki says. "The face reflected is not te one the watcher wishes to see, so they disturb the bladed water's surface. In the ripples, the face is obscured, and the watcher needn't face the truth"

You see Emi's tail tighten up around the base of the chair, ever so slightly. You doubt the others will see it, but you know it means she's uncomfortable...

"But the truth is still there" Namaki continues. "And with every ripple, the water digs into the watcher's hand, and their blood mingles with the water. They must either accept what cannot be, or they will pour everything into their denial until nothing remains but a husk"

The room is silent. That was a lot more foreboding than Derrick's fortune.

"I-is that all?" Emi asks meekly.
"Yes, dear" Namaki says. "Please, sit down. I know the tea isn't very good, but drink some anyway. It will help relax you"
"Th-thank you..." Emi says.

>So you know the tea's not very good?

>Ask if Emi is okay

>Other

Also-

>Who goes next?
>>
>>1387683
>Ask if Emi is okay
And
>Cheska
>>
>>1387683
>>Ask if Emi is okay

>>Who goes next?
Cheska
>>
>>1387683
>Ask if Emi is okay
And
>Cheska
>>
>writing
>>
Hey smiley, when are we gonna meet Stella again. I am worried because in a previous thread you said hell's legion would actively try to take her and her family hostage to get to the master.
>>
>>1387738
Not for a while anon we still have to rejoin the main forces and confront the king
>>
"You okay?" You ask.
Emi gives a weak smile, and nods.

"Alright, let's get this show on with" Cheska says, as she struts up to the chair and plops down.

"And here she comes. She who smells of ash and smokes, whose hands drip with blood despite never-"
"-never spilling a drop myself" Cheska says. "Pointy objects were never really my thing"

"I see you're eager" Namaki says. "On the outside, at least"

Cheska swallows, and offers Namaki her hand, which she takes.

"You were born in a flame, and to the flame you must return" Namaki says. "The flame is your only choice... will it be a flicker that none shall notice, Or a conflagration that will burn through the ages?"

Cheska scowls. "And here I thought the last one was bad" She says. "That's it? Just 'you'll die in a fire'?"
"Avoid the gaze of the stone dragons" Namaki says. "It holds naught but death for you... but you may find solace in a place where snowfalls cover the ash in your wake..."

Cheska grits her teeth and stands up. "I'm gonna step out for a bit..." She says, as she leaves the room.

"I-I guess I'll go next..." Madelaine says.

>Stay and listen

>Go after Cheska

>Other
>>
>>1387738
You'll have letters from her and Ilica both waiting for you when you regroup with the main force
>>
>>1387763
>>Go after Cheska
>>
>>1387763
>Go after Cheska
>>
>writing
>>
>>1387763
>>Stay and listen
I know it's not the popular choice, but, dammit, I wanna know about our fellow amnesiac.

Plus, I can't help but think that Cheska will shock herself, if she strays too far, and return anyway.
>>
>>1387763
>>Go after Cheska
We can ask what Madie got later, right now I think Cheska needs some one to talk to, Also given these readings, i think Yu's is probably be something grimmer than the rest, due to the fact that his sin needs him to commit constant self sacrifice.
>>
"I'm gonna go make sure she's okay" You say. "Let me know what I missed"
"Alright" Derrick says.

"Hmm...?" Namaki asks. "I've never known someone to care so deeply for one so foul..."
"She's a friend" You say. "And... if you could please not call her that..."
"My apologies" She says. "Perhaps with a friend like you..."

"What?" You ask.
"Nothing, nevermind" Namaki says. "Go and see to her"

You take a breath and step out, as Namaki begins to read Madelaine's fortune.

"And the lost princess, from a land without such royalty" Namaki says. "Interesting things in store for you..."

You head in the direction you think Cheska would've gone, and eventually find her at the top of the stairs, leaning her head on the archway.

"There you are" You say.

Cheska turns around. "Oh... I was wondering why the shackle wasn't stopping me" She says. "I figured I'd go until I couldn't get any further"
"How are you feeling?" You ask.
"Honestly pretty shitty" She says. "I was kinda hopin' for some good news there..."

>The part about the snow sounded like good news

>She never said when you'd die...

>Other
>>
>>1387831
>She never said when you'd die...
>>
>>1387831
>>
>writing
>>
"The part about the snow sounded like good news" You say.
"Yeah, I'll just go live up north in butt-fuck nowhere in freezing goddamn cold for the rest of my life while occasionally killing a man so I don't lose my fuckin' mind" She says, as she slumps to the floor.

You frown, and sit down next to her. "Now that I think about it, she never said when you'd die... or even that you'd die" You say.
"She never said I'd get to be human again, either" Cheska says. "That's... it's all I want..."

You put an arm over her shoulder and pull her into you. Even if you can't offer her what she really wants, you can give her this much...

After a short while, she takes a deep breath. "Hey..." She says. "I know you'd rather be in there, hearing what's in store for you... so thanks for sticking with me..."
"Not a problem" You say. "Heck, for all I know mine's gonna be worse than yours, so I'm fine with putting it off for now"

"You think so?" She asks, as she stands up. "Now this I've gotta see... come on. Let's go back"
"Dang it..." You say. "You sure you don't need more comforting?"

Cheska rolls her eyes and helps you to your feet. "Come on, you" She says.

>1/2
>>
"I was starting to wonder if you'd come back at all" Namaki says. "I sense some reluctance in you..."

You smile and scratch the back of your head, as you sit down in front of Namaki. "Well I can't very well face my physical enemies if I shy away from something like this..." You say.
"Well put" Namaki says. "And many enemies have you, more so than you know..."

Namaki takes your hand and holds it. Her hands are soft and warm, giving a sort of motherly, comforting feeling...

"Oh, he who laughs in the face of gods" Namaki says.
"I-is that me?" You ask.
"Hush" She says. "Before you is a long road, longer still than any other, and fraught with more peril than I dare to mention... against the eyes and teeth fight you, alongside the scent of firepowder, the shine of steel, and the engine's roar..."

"The... what?" You ask.

"The future lay in your hands, and one day the doors shall open for you" She says. "To turn away will doom us all to silence, but to enter these doors is to never return..."

Namaki stops, and releases your hand.

"Is that all?" You ask.
"I believe so" She says.

>Anything to ask?
>>
>>1387920
>Doesn't Coral get a fortune?
>>
>>1387926
this
>>
>>1387920
>Have you told anyone else's fortunes besides us?
>>
>>1387926
This
>>
>writing
>>
"Does Coral get a fortune?" You ask, picking up the little sprite and holding her out to Namaki.

Namaki smiles. "This little one will likely outlive us all" She says. "And will be happier and more fulfilled than all of us as well..."
"So... you can die?" Derrick asks.

"Of course I can" Namaki says. "I can be killed, like any other... but I will not die naturally until I am replaced"
"That probably won't happen anytime soon..." Emi says. "Nine-tailed Kitsune are extremely rare"

"You speak much too soon..." Namaki says.

Before Namaki can continue, Miranda pops in. "I've finished up here, Grandma" She says.
"You're still here?" Namaki asks. "I thought you'd have left after bringing us tea..."
"I had to clean up..." Miranda says with a pout.

Namaki smiles, as Miranda giggles and pecks her on the cheek.

"I'll be back tomorrow" Miranda says.
"I shall see you then" Namaki says.

As Miranda leaves, Namaki watches her go with a sad expression...

"Will it be her?" You ask.
Namaki shakes her head. "When the war ends she and her husband will move to Leon, and I shall never see them again..." She says. "It is her child that will ultimately be my end"

>Does she know?

>Do you do these fortunes often?

>Can you stop it somehow?

>Other
>>
>>1387920
Could the enter the doors to never return mean going back to Yu's home world, or does it mean something more spiritual, like if you choose to this path you will never be able to return to the person you currently are?
>>
>>1387966
>Does she know?

>Do you do these fortunes often?
>>
>>1387966
>Can you stop it somehow?
>Does she know?
>>
>>1387966
>>Does she know?
>>Do you do these fortunes often?
>>
>>1387966
>Does she have to grow as many tails as you first?
>>
>writing
>>
>>1387966
>>Do you do these fortunes often?
>>Can you stop it somehow?
>>
>>1387966
Also, aren't normal sprites short-lived, or do I not remember correctly?
>>
Smiley, please tell me at the end of this quest that Yu isn't gonna have to return to his own world, that would be increasingly cliche if he would.
>>
"Does she know?" You ask.
"No" Namaki says. "And I don't plan on telling her either. She is happy, and will remain happy until the end of her days. I see no reason to cloud that happiness"

"That makes sense" You say.
"Besides, she's not actually my grand daughter... I've lost count of how many generations there are between us" She says. "My own husband and children died long ago... if that child comes to me, I shall teach her all I know. And when she grows her ninth tail, I will go peacefully"

"I can respect that" You say. "So I guess the nine-tailed kitsune before you passed when you grew your ninth tail as well?"
"Indeed... I also called her grandma, even though my own actual grandmother was still alive at the time" She says. "And she was much older than I am now... I was saddened by her passing at the time, but now I understand the smile she wore"

"So... do you do these kinds of fortunes often?" Emi asks.
"I used to, back when my age was still in the double-digits" Namaki says. "Of course, back then the borders were a little different, and this place belonged to a culture much more like the southerners than the Lubrians..."

"What happened?" You ask.
"The Lubrians invaded" Namaki says. "I kept this place safe with my magic, but the country itself fell... Otuna stayed quiet for a long time, but eventually I had to make this place known to the royalty... of course, I waited until after the power hungry queen had died and ceded the throne to her much more moderate daughter..."

"That would've been... Queen Setra, and her daughter Queen Daria" Derrick says.
"Very good" Namaki says. "But then, you'd know that... they were your ancestors after all"

>Ask if she has any other cool stories

>Ask about the meaning of some things (specify)

>Other
>>
>>1388052
>Ask about the doors
>>
>>1388052
>>Ask if she has any other cool stories
>>
>>1388052
>>
>>1388052
>>
>>1388052
>Ask about the meaning of some things (specify)
>Why is the ninth tail important?
>>
>>1388052
>>
>>1388071
Actually, to add to this, can she tell us anything about the other two chaotics running around?

She might know about Terry and Caiah
>>
>writing
>>
>>1388018
I mean that would be a bigger disappointment then the ending of one piece if the treasure was something like the journey or friendship.
>>
>>1388083
This is actually a really good idea. She may know a lot about chaotics in general just from virtue of having lived through more if nothing else too.
>>
>>1388100
god, i really hope that be the case for the ending. it better be some bitchin treasure and loot really for how long the shows been going
>>
>>1388120
*not be
>>
>>1388120
>>1388100
At this point, I think that is the end Oda has in mind and he knows everyone is gonna be super pissed so he's putting it off as long as possible by making his manga long as fuck.

And you're all assuming Yuu will have a world to return to.
>>
>>1388120
It's why i am asking Smiley now, so I can avoid major disappointment and probably avoid reading anymore quests he writes after it, I of one piece mean the creator has apparently said that the treasure is neither of those things and that he already has the ending planned.
>>
>>1388140
>the treasure is neither of those things and that he already has the ending planned.
>it's another goddamn map
SET SAIL FOR TWO PIECE.
>>
>>1388136
Wait, I never thought of that, the black god apparently exists outside of this world Yu is in, there is a chance that Yu, wasn't summoned to this world by powers here but forced here because he couldn't go anywhere else because the black god already ate his original home
>>
"So... why is the ninth tail important?" You ask.
"Because the tails are a measure of our power" She says. "Most Vulpids can grow a second or third tail, but only a Kitsune can become strong enough to grow nine... that will be the pinnacle of her power"
"But... why does that mean you have to die?" You ask.

Namaki shrugs. "It's not worth questioning, I will be happy to go at that time" She says. "It's not like the child will be alone, either... I see many friends and... how strange..."

"What?" You ask.
"And the scent of firepowder..." She says.

"That's been coming up a lot" Madelaine says.
"That means it will be important" Namaki says.

"What about the other 2 like me?" You ask. "Terry and Caiah... do you know anything about them?"
"They are on their own journey" She says. "They must see the beginning to save us all from the end..."

"What does that mean?" You ask.
"I'm not entirely certain..." She says. "But you should not worry about them... if you dwell too much on the paths of others, you risk straying from the one you walk"

You nod. "So do you have any other cool stories?" You ask.
"Not as many as you might think... but there's plenty to tell" She says. "We've got some time, I think... your friends at the tavern have already started drinking, the ones who came up with you have made themselves comfortable, and the other is-"

Namaki stops talking, and her cheeks turn red.

"Is... what?" You ask.
"I shouldn't have looked..." She says. "By the gods I've known that girl since she was but a child, that is the last thing I wanted to see her doing..."

You tilt your head.

"Nevermind..." She says. "Would you all care to stay for lunch?"

>Sure

>We've got places to be

>Other
>>
>>1388158
>>Sure
>>
>>1388158
>Sure
>>
>>1388158
>>Sure
Yuu turning down free food, never gonna happen
>>
>>1388158
>Sure
And me with y dirty mind has already assumed the worst. This does raise an interesting point though, Yu only knows about sex for reproduction, how is he gonna react if his future love interest asks him to let them suck him off?
>>
>>1388158
>Sure
>>
>>1388158
>"What about the other 2 like me?" You ask. "Terry and Caiah... do you know anything about them?"
>"They are on their own journey" She says. "They must see the beginning to save us all from the end..."

Well, I think we now have some pretty solid evidence that Malteris and Caiah are the first villain and the first hero, respectively. That, or they're the descendants, and trying to find the secrets of their ancestors.

Also, from what she said about both of them saving us from the end, it could either mean that Terry is either trying to save the world, or his villainous actions will lead to the world being saved.
>>
>writing

>>1388172
That'll depend on who he ends up with
>>
>>1388145
ONE PIECE...IN SPACE!!
>>
>>1388184
What do you mean? Also have all the potential love interests been revealed or are their more?
>>
>>1388194
I think he means that only certain girls would be willing to suck him off.
>>
>>1388194
I mean how he reacts will depend on who he ends up with. But while he is not knowledgeable, he is still a red-blooded man so the reaction will usually be positive.

And there's only one more potential lady friend that you haven't met yet.

>>1388188
I'd watch it if it doesn't take 2 fucking decades to finish
>>
"I guess we could stay" You say. "But I would like to get going soon... the battle at Sherton isn't going to wait for us"
"The battle will progress fine with, or without you" Namaki says. "I believe the King wishes for Sherton to be less of a wall, and more of a speedbump. The garrisson there is minimal, and if you leave now you will arrive just in time to watch the battle end"

"Can you tell us more about the war?" Derrick asks.
"No. Nothing is yet set in stone... I believe Contique is where much will be decided" She says, glancing obviously at Cheska... "But I believe that whoever triumphs there will triumph over all"

"And then we still have to deal with the demons..." You say.
"Take these things one at a time, child" Namaki says. "You do not have enough hands to juggle them all"

"I saw a girl with 4 arms once... I bet she could juggle them all" You say.

Namaki laughs. "But you are the one with the problems, not her" She says.
"That's true..." You say. "Hey Emi, is it possible to graft more arms onto-"
"No, it isn't" Emi says.
"Dang..." You say.

"Looks like you'll have to deal with the two that you have" Namaki says. "Fret not, though. For they are strong hands that can carry much"
"Thank you" You say.
"Which is why you'll be helping me make lunch, along with the redhead" She says. "Come with me. The rest of you make yourselves comfortable in the room next door"

>You must know that I can't cook...

>Alright

>Why us?

>Other
>>
>>1388235
>Alright
>>
>>1388235
>>Alright
>>
>>1388235
>>You must know that I can't cook...
>>Alright
>>
>>1388235
>>Alright
>>
>writing
>>
"You must know that I can't cook" You say.
"Me neither..." Madelaine says.

"Well now is as good a time as any to learn" Namaki says. "Besides, I wish to speak to the two of you alone, and this is a good opportunity"
"Well... alright then" You say.

You and Madelaine follow Namaki out, as the others head to the room she indictated.

"So... we're from another world?" Madelaine asks.
"You already knew that" Namaki says. "Before you ask anything, you should first let your friend know what he missed"

"Oh..." Madelaine says. "So, she told me that I would find my home, but it would never be the place I knew. And that I would have to come to terms with that or the scent of firepowder would make me..."

"You skipped a few bits, but that's the gist of it" Namaki says. "Now you may ask questions"

You think for a moment. "Where is our home, and why don't we remember it?" You ask.
"Your home is here, yet... not here" She says. "And you don't remember it because... hmm..."
"What?" You ask.
"I think you haven't left it yet..." She says.

"But we're here" You say.
"And there" She says. "I'm uncertain of how to describe it..."

"Why will it not be the same when we find it?" Madelaine asks.

Namaki smiles. "Because you will change it so thoroughly that it can never go back to how it was"
>>
That's all for tonight!

Next thread will be tomorrow, starting sometime in the afternoon.

>>
>>1388319
>>
>>1388319
Thanks for Running Smiley
>>
>>1388319
Great thread, Smiley!
Thread posts: 430
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.