[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lich Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 2

File: lichquest.jpg (154KB, 786x1017px) Image search: [Google]
lichquest.jpg
154KB, 786x1017px
The æther flowed meticulously through the forest on the mountain. Drawn up the flat peak, the air flowed into small shafts hidden throughout the jagged stone surface. Pulled deep into the mountain like the breath creatures take, the æther poured out into hallways and rooms deep in the cavernous depths. The Subterranean Complex was vast, consisting of many rooms, hallways, secret passages, caves, mineshafts, and hideaways. Ultimately, the æther reached into the deepest depths of the dungeons to the innermost chamber. It is here that it brought to life the Ancient Slumbering Evil.

No sentient creature had stepped foot on this mountain in many millennia, but the presence of even one sentient soul was enough to wake the sleeping lord. Groggily, you reached out to the hosts of your land, the soldiers waiting for commands from this ancient king. Many bodies were available for you to inhabit, from simple townsfolk to the skeletal remains of any dead creature on the mountain, though skeletons took more mana to summon than was currently available. More souls were needed to recharge both your æther and mana, the stronger your æther the more power you have, the more mana you have allows you the ability to cast more complex spells.

You waited patiently as life slowly seeped into your being, and as you reached a more conscious state, you could feel your strength returning to your lifeless corpse. The being on your mountain had spent a fortnight in the lower forests. It was after he arrived at his second campsite on the mountain that you had pulled enough of his lifeforce to properly reach out to your minions in the deep woods. You didn't have the energy to awaken any of your strongest creatures, so you had to settle for one of the nearby corpses frozen in carefully placed hideaways along the forest paths. You converted the energy that you leeched into mana, but you weren't sure which creature to possess.

1 | 5 | -27
>possess bear corpse, -3 mana, 1d20+3
>possess decomposed corpse, -4 mana, 1d20+1
>possess preserved cadaver, -5 mana, 1d20+6
>wait a fortnight, 1d100
>>
Rolled 10 + 1 (1d20 + 1)

>>1368195
>Possess decomposed corpse, -4 mana, 1d20+1
>>
Rolled 20 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>1368195
>Possess bear corpse 1d20+3
>>

A bear can make mincemeat out of humans at any and all times of the day
>>
>>1368204
Burning four mana, you reach out to the decomposed corpse on the trail. This particular body was once some form of humanoid, maybe elf or human, but the body had decayed so badly all signs of the former race had been obliterated. Due to the body not being stored in a Preserved Hill, you had cast a time freezing spell long ago on the spot this person had perished in. Unfortunately, the person had suffered a broken left leg and was missing its right arm below the elbow.

Opening the host's eyes, you see the bright world of lush color as sunlight streams in through the canopy. The daytime will make this difficult for the host to maneuver, but after all this was only a scouting attempt. The scent of pine and decaying leaves was pungent as you lay just off the beaten path, but the host's sense of smell was not strong enough to detect the being. Groaning, you push the body to its feet and stabilize your balance on the broken leg. You start to lumber towards the dirt trail and you could feel the being's lifeforce just south of you down the hill.

Slowly stumbling down the trail, you feel the rays of sunlight pounding into your focus. The sun was never a friend to you and diminished you ability to control the host. Tripping on a root, you faceplant on the trail making a loud noise. The being's lifeforce reaches out into the world and you feel his observation of you as his energy brushes against yours.

You push yourself up with your one arm and restabilize yourself again on your broken leg. Hobbling forward you notice your vision is cloudy with dirt and you reach up to wipe it away. Up ahead past a bush, you see a man cautiously approaching you as your vision clears from the debris. You notice the man is dressed in a ragged robe with his hood pulled up over his face. You stumble faster towards the man as your energy starts to drain quickly. As you start to close the distance, the man raises his hand and a bright orb of lighting strikes out hitting your host in the face.

You lose consciousness as your mind pulls back to your lifeless body deep in the mountain. You knew this day would come, but you had been prepared. Adventurers would try to end your existence, but little did they know that their trespassing on your mountain was just what you needed to begin your plans of rising to power. Another fortnight passes and the being retreats from your forest, but as the fourteenth day comes to a close, you notice the presence of a small adventuring party advancing into the lower forests, the man who you encountered before leading the way.

You leech 7 lifeforce from the intruders. Converting energy can be done as many times as you want but there are dire consequences for dropping your æther into the negatives.

8 | 1 | -27
>convert three æther to one mana point
>convert ten mana into one stamina point
>convert one stamina into two æther points
>wait 3 days
>wait a fortnight
>>
>>1368229
Stamina is a representation of your physical body, once you reach a stamina of -100 your physical body cannot be restored. A positive stamina score allows you to utilize your lifeless corpse and a score of positive 100 would allow you to look like a normal human. Think of stamina as a representation of your body's decayed state.
>>
>Wait three days
>>
>>1368229
>wait 3 days
>>
>>1368229
How does the life force leech work? Just a passive on this mountain? Or a side effect of being near us?
>>
>wait 3 days
>>
Yeah just wait 3 days.
>>
>>1368229
>>convert ten mana into one stamina point
>>
>>1368283
Sorry for the delay, roommate came home earlier than expected. You leech a random amount of æther from sentient beings in your sphere of influence, which at this time is limited to your mountain.

>>1368243
>>1368252
After your initial encounter, you decide to wait a few days and allow yourself the time to draw more æther for use. You cautiously observe the group of adventurers as they scout their way through the mountain's lower forests. On the first day they set up camp at the second campsite the mage had initially camped at, and the following two days were spent slowly scouting the trails up the pass. They discovered on of your Preservation Hills and destroyed the cadaver you had stored inside. Luckily it was a weak underling and not a powerful warrior cadaver. You almost regretted exposing yourself so soon, you might have been able to take the mage on yourself had you drawn him in and leeched off him long enough, but with this whole party to supply you æther you felt quite charged by the end of the third day.

You leech 37 points of æther from the party. As you collect the energy, you discover that you are dealing with no less than seven and no more than eight adventurers. It was hard to discern if one particular life force was one or two entities.

Your body decays slightly, you take one point of stamina damage.

Please pick a first and second action.
45 | 1 | -28
First action options, may do multiples but choose only one conversion type.
Second action options, choose only one.
>possess decomposed corpse, -4 mana, 1d20
>possess preserved cadaver, -5 mana, 1d20+6
>enchant trail with Poisonous Fog, -15 mana, 1d20+2
>wait three days, 1d10
>wait a fortnight, 1d10
>>
So 30 aether to stamina would be the conversion rate?

Convert 30 to Mana but wait three days.

Can we possess a deceased bird or something to scout out?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>1368484
>wait a fortnight, 1d10
>>
>Convert forty-five aether into fifteen mana points

I´Let´s make a gamble. If they can´t pass over the fog, thew won´t be able to reach us and perhaps they may rest near, allowing us to suck more aether out of them. At least this will delay them and time is all we need here.

Who far (travel days) are from us?
>>
>>1368495
I'd like to use the fog against them, but I'd like to wait until we also have enough Mana to attack them with a strong corpse while they're in the fog.
>>
>>1368492
Conversion rate works as follows:
3 > 1
6 > 2 etc...
30 > 10

Birds have not existed on your mountain top since you first inhabited the mountain.

>>1368493
You convert three of your æther into one mana and then decide to slumber for a fortnight. The days pass as slow your conscious mind and leech energy from the party. As the fourteenth day begins you start to focus on the group again to assess their progress.

They have made it a third of the way up the mountain, almost to the Dead Pines. Their campsite appears to be at the trail bottle neck where the switch backs crawl up the first cliff face. They have been cautious but have also successfully destroyed a dozen more of your Preserved Hills. The cadavers you kept in the lower forests were weak minions, but as they make their way up the first few cliffsides, there will be select cadavers hidden away for combat.

You reach out and discover they have also destroyed three more decomposed corpses you had frozen in time.

You leech 343 æther from the party of adventurers.

388 | 2 | -28
First action options, may do multiples at a time but choose only one conversion type.
Second action options, choose only one.
>possess golem, -50 mana, 1d20+4
>possess decomposed corpse, -4 mana, 1d20
>possess preserved cadaver, -6 mana, 1d20+6
>possess warrior cadaver, -75 mana, 1d20+2
>enchant trail with Wicked Distortion, -30 mana, 1d20+1
>enchant trail with Continuous Storm, -100 mana, 1d20+10
>wait three days, 1d10
>wait a fortnight, 1d10
>>
>Convert 360 aether into 120 mana
>Enchant trail with Continous Storm

If we want delay this is the option to take. Besides, it appears to be natural, so they might not try tocounter it.
>>
>>1368522
>Convert 360 aether into 120 mana
>Enchant trail with Continous Storm
>>
what does Continous Storm do? is it just a normal storm?
>>
>>1368535
>>1368561
Dice roll to continue, please.

>>1368565
It is a continuous thunderstorm and a high dice roll ensures a tornado should exist in the storm at all times.
>>
>>1368587
so it never ends? and i dont know how to roll a dice
>>
Rolling

>>1368591
I think you have to type dice+d20 to roll in options
>>
>>1368595

Or was it roll+d20?
>>
/dice+d20
>>
Qm can you roll the dice
>>
(1d20)
>>
LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN
>>
i cant roll and i dont know how
>>
Rolled 3 + 10 (1d20 + 10)

>>1368522
>>1368535

Seconding the 360 aether to mana and continuous storm
>>
>>1368522
Supporting
>>1368535
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>1368522
>>
>>1368195
Ded?
>>
>>1368684
thirdening
>>
>>1368684
How did you roll?
>>
>>1368842
In the options box up top when you're typing a post put "dice+xdy+z" where x is the number of dice, y is the type of dice and z is the number you're adding to it.

Also type it without the quotation marks"" around it
>>
Rolled 14 + 10 (1d20 + 10)

Lets see, this might be my roll if I manage to do it right
>>
>>1368900
Nice
>>
Rip quest, was looking forward to this one too
>>
File: tegaki.png (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
6KB, 400x400px
Deus VULT
>>
>>1369048
It's not even been a day.
>>
>>1369422
I'm still here, t'was just a joke
>>
is this still undead?
>>
>>1371197
It would appear so
>>
>>1371566
RIP :'(
>>
is it dead or is the QM coming back
>>
>>1376406
Life grabbed me by the balls, sorry about that folks. Also, I haven't run any quests since 2013ish I think, but I've been brewing this Lich quest for a while now and wanted to spring it on /qst/ spur of the moment. I'm still trying to get a feel for this board and I'm pleased to see the thread still active. I'd also like to continue this quest, thanks for your patience.

>>1368684
You convert three hundred and sixty æther into one hundred and twenty mana. Your body takes two points of stamina damage due to the large conversion and you black out for a short while. As you regain consciousness, you begin the continuous storm ritual. Air escapes your lungs for the first time in centuries as you speak the words for the incantation. Burning one hundred mana, your body takes another point of stamina damage, and the weather around your mountain starts to change.

The winds begin circling the peak of the mountain and at the top, a bolt of lightning streaks through the forming clouds which rush through a valley in the mountain peaks. The sky blacks out over the trail as the rain begins to fall on the decayed trees of the Dead Pines. A small cyclone touches down and begins tearing through a meadow the trail runs through.

You could feel the adventurers become frantic. They had been lucky enough to be near their campsite, but unlucky in that the storm had been called at suppertime. You felt the mage reach out in the æther searching for your presence. He must not know that your lifeless corpse keeps your existence hidden away.

You feel the adventurers tuck in for the night and you grin at the satisfaction that the storm will never die until the enchantment is broken. They'll wake in the morning to find the rest of this journey will not be easy.

You feel weak after casting such a difficult spell and are unable to cast possession spells while in this state.

28 | 22 | -31
First action options, may do multiples at a time but choose only one conversion type.
Second action options choose only one.
>wait x days where x is less than 7, 1d10
>wait a fortnight, 1d10

NEWFAG PROTIPS: roll dice in the Options field as "dice+1d10" sans quotation marks, and obviously you can type any dice roll instead of 1d10, and you can do math such as "dice+5d6+6" would roll 5d6 and then add 6 to the total.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>1377072
HA! You think you can just vanish for days on end and there will still be players! Not very likely OP
Also
>convert three æther to one mana point x9
>wait 1 day
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>wait a fortnight, 1d10
>>
>>1377226
Hey if the thread's still up. This is mostly a test run see if there's interest in a Lich story

You convert twenty seven æther into nine mana.

Now to wait and see what the adventurers do. As the following day unfolds, the adventurers pack their camp. As they continue up the pass into Dead Pines the storm pounds down on them with rain, but luckily for them, you didn't quite summon the right storm for hail. As the day progresses, they discover the night of raining had made the trail soggy with mud. The adventurers were soon covered in as much dirt as they were soaked with water. Coming up on the meadow, they easily spot the small tornado slowly travelling down the path. Taking a wide birth around the meadow's edge, the adventurers easily skirt the tornado and continue their climb up the mountain.

As the night begins to set, the party appears to be struggling on up the trail. You felt amused that they were going to continue on, that will surely make it easier to leech æther from them.

You leech 43 æther from the party.

You are still weak from the taxing spellcasting.

44 | 31 | -31
First action, may do multiple but choose only one conversion type
Second action options choose only one.
>wait x days where x is less than 7, 1d10
>wait a fortnight, 1d10
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>1377255
>convert three æther to one mana point x14
>wait 2 days
>>
>>1377264
i support this
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>1377255
>>1377264
3rd.
>>
>>1377637
i do a roll
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>1377788
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1377792
fuck
>>
>>1377794
sorry rolled wrong dice do this still count for a 10?
>>
>>1377795
I think he just disregards rolls if they aren't the proper dice, but he hasn't stated what his rolling system is.
>>
>>1377801
>wait x days where x is less than 7, 1d10>wait a fortnight, 1d10
>>
>>1377808
that whas what he wrote and this is not my vote
>>
>>1377819
or she
>>
Did you used to run Lord Quest?
>>
>>1377795
>>1377801
>>1377808
>>1377819
>>1377822
Rolling system, as in how they count rolls, not how you roll. Maybe I should've clarified that to dice counting system.
>>
goddamnit OP
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.