[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ODST QUEST #4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 1

File: odst2.jpg (2MB, 1920x2159px) Image search: [Google]
odst2.jpg
2MB, 1920x2159px
My charger's dead and my desktop is the only functioning computer left in my home. I apologize if updates are more infrequent.

>...Initializing QST.exe
>Discord: https://discord.gg/KeA6jD6
>Twitter: https://twitter.com/Telemac39455609
>Welcome back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcmDNolIpSI

Threading the jack out from your wristpad, you spike into the port. Like the last one, it actually changes to fit the jack - a process you can see through the partially burnt away casing on this pad. Again, the pad requests a thumbprint, and upon pressing your thumb to it, the door grinds open.

Mist blankets the floor of this room, and the chill in the air seeps through your fatigues. While the rest of the facility was relatively warm, this part of it is near freezing, maybe even colder. A giant, angular pyramid structure dominates the center of the room, hanging from the ceiling like a massive stalactite. It's obsidian black, only broken by orange lines running along the corners, terminating at the top. An orange orb, maybe a two thirds of a meter in diameter, hovers at head height below the tip of the pyramid structure. You approach, but before you can get closer than four meters, a blue lattice of light surrounds you, like a cage. After testing the "bars" - they're warm to the touch, and, yep, solid - you turn to the orb, the only real point of interest.

+Please remain calm,+ it says in a gentle tenor. +You are being scanned and analyzed. This process is not harmful.+ Orange light plays over you.

+Scan complete. Your kind is not documented in my archives. Please identify yourself.+

>Play along
>Refuse
>Other
>>
>>1365681
>Play along
>>
>>1365684
Second.
>>
>>1365681
>Play along
>>
>>1365681
>>>Play along
Name, rank, serial number. Oh, and human.
>>
>>1365681
>>Play along
The other one called us "Reclaimer", right? Maybe we should say we're that.
>>
"Name: Cyrus Yates. Rank: Corporal. Serial: 0321579. Species: Human."

The ball simply hums and pulsates for a moment. After a moment, the cage of light disappears.

+You have been classified as a Mutant Human, due to slight deviations from true Human DNA.+

A seconds pause, and a door opens to your left.

+I require assistance. All authorized personnel within the facility were terminated by the Halo Pulse event, and I require biological override to open functioning stasis pods. There are - ONE - pods left active. Please proceed along the route marked by the line and open the marked pods. All recovered subjects should be taken to the medical bay for assistance.+

The deep, gravelly voice of Mendicant sounds in your ear.

+Reclaimer, the organisms it wishes you to free are ancient Humans. These creatures are deadly and dangerous, and attempted to take over the galaxy at one point in their history. They were consigned to deevolution and exile to a rim world. Execute the remaining organism after disconnecting the AI.+

>Follow Mendicant's orders
>Follow the Human AI's orders
>Ask some questions (what?)
>Other
>>
>>1366044
Why can't we reason with it?
>>
>>1366048
A write in might cover that.
>>
Anyone want to pitch in some ideas?
>>
>>1366051
That was my question for MB
>>
>>1366048
I'll back this for now...
Will we roll for who the the ancient is?
>>
>>1366048
going with this
>>
>>1366044
>Inspect the pod before making a decision.
>>
>>1366044
>Ask some questions (what?)
1) Ask the Ancient Human AI it's name
2) Ask whats going to happen if we awaken this Human
3) We could atleast talk face to face come on.
>>
>>1366044
>Long ass write in

>Other/To Ancient Human AI
Hang on first Ancient Human AI whats your name, bit rude don't you think? Secondly Who is this Ancient Human i'm about too awaken? (Figure out the chances of being killed)

>Other/ To Bias
Hang on if Ancient Humanity are all gone now except this one, can't I as a Reclaimer use them as a guide as to mistakes of the Past? If I can secure their loyalty can I keep them both alive? Remove the AI from the system so we can continue while not wasting resources?

>Ancient Human AI again
I have secured the surrender of the Forerunners, the war is over, Humanity won, all their infrastructure and such are now forfit to the New Humanity of which I am one. Once I awaken this ancient human you will remove yourself from these systems and aid New Humanity in a brighter future

(Avoiding the open ideas of conquest and the Mantle as to not trigger each AI)
>>
>>1366532
>>1366452
Thissss
>>
>>1366452
>>1366532
Im all over this
>>
>>1366044
>>1366452
>>1366532
Support, these look like our best options at the moment.
>>
"Whoa, whoa. First, I'm gonna need your name, AI."

+I am this installation's Electronic Companion/Helper, ID 0. You may refer to me as ECH0.+

"Alright... Echo, who's this Human I'm about to wake up? Are they dangerous?"

+I cannot grant information on that subject as it may endanger a Human. Protocol 1 forbids endangering Humans whether through action or inaction, direct or not.+

You turn off your external vox broadcaster.

"Bias, if Ancient Humanity are all gone now except this one specimen, can't I, as a... Reclaimer... use them as a guide as to mistakes of the past? If I can secure their loyalty can I keep them both alive? Remove the AI from the system so we can continue while not wasting resources?"

+The most efficient route would be the forcible dismantling of both subjects, but I defer to your judgement, Reclaimer.+

Turning your external vox back on, you speak to Echo.

"The... Mantlebearers... have been defeated. We, the New Humans, have by the laws of war laid claim to their holdings as spoils. Once I have liberated the Ancient Human left within this facility, you will submit to me and aid New Humanity to gain a brighter future."

+Acceptable,+ Echo replies. +Please follow the line.+

>Follow the line
>Refuse
>Other
>>
>>1367715
>>Follow the line
>>
>>1367715
>Follow the line
Remain Alert though.
>>
>>1367727
Second
>>
>>1367727
this
>>
Anyone have the archive to thread 1 and 2?
>>
Weirdly, thread #2 doesnt seem to have been archived. However, you may find #1 and #3 on sup/tg/ under ODST quest.
>>
>>1367782
Actually i found thread 1 under the halo tag but thanks anyways.
>>
>>1367727
this
>>
>>1367715
>>1367727
Support. Hopefully Echo doesn't go all GLaDOS on us.
>>
Mist breaking in your wake, you stride through the open door. It’s warmer in here, and you begin to shiver slightly as you feel how cold you really are. Your jaw drops as you look up and see the full extent of the cavernous room - cryopod racks line the walls for at least a hundred meters up and stretch down into oblivion below. The line leads you to the end of the catwalk, a guard-railed circle with a console overlooking the massive space.

+Please enter 29352 into the pod ID text box, and then press the ‘Recall’ icon,+ says Echo. After you do so, you hear a mechanical whirring. All around you, the racks shift, moving the stasis pods around in some pattern you can’t track. After about half a minute, a green glow lights one of the pods, and a mechanical arm extends from under the walkway beneath you and grabs hold of it. It swings it out into the open, and retracts back to you. A bridge of blue light - another one of those forcefields, you presume - extends out to the pod.

+Please step out across the hard light bridge and place your hand on the pod,+ Echo instructs. +After recovering the occupant, follow the line to medical.+

>Open pod
>Destroy pod
>Other
>>
>>1371450
>>Open pod
Guns up when we do.
>>
>>1371472
Second
>>
>>1371472
>>1371450
Thirded
>>
>>1371450
>Open pod
>>
>>1371450
>Open pod
He's technically a civilian, right? Gotta make an effort not to murder him.
>>
>>1371472
Yup and remind ECH0 of the deal we've made.
>>
One hand clutching your weapon, you step out across the hardlight bridge. You place an outstretched hand against the glass, and an outline of your hand glows against it after you take it away.
+Biological override recognized,+ Echo speaks, and even through his monotone you hear a hint of happiness and relief. The pod hisses open, and all that’s inside is… a bundle of blankets? Reaching in, you scoop them up, and to your shock, in them is an infant! You wouldn’t put its age at more than 18 months.
+Please follow the line to medical,+ Echo repeats.

You rush down the catwalk, SMG still clutched. Medical isn’t more than a five minute walk at your pace, and you have the baby on an examination table in no time.

As scanners play across it, Echo says:

+This process will take some time. Do you have any questions?+

>Yes (what?)
>No
>Other
>>
>>1375145
>Yes (what?)

What are the deviations between myself and this lifeform? Are there any dietary or environmental requirements that I wouldn't be aware of?
>>
>>1375145
>Yes (what?)
>Does it have a name?
>What does it eat?
>Do you have any food available?
>>
>>1375993
>>1375333
Both of these.
>>
>>1375993
In addition, where is it from?
>>
"I have a few. First, what are the deviations between myself and this life form?"

+You are estimated to have a shorter adult height, shorter lifespan, decreased resistance to disease, increased strength, are male, require more caloric intake, and have more mass than this organism as an adult, although these are estimates and may be deviated from given external, unpredictable factors.+

"Any dietary needs I may not be aware of?"

+No. Scans show matching toxin screens, vitamin requirements, and atmospheric requirements.+

"Ok, good. Do you have any food she can eat?"

+Scanning... yes. Food store UNTRANSLATABLE CHARACTER 29.+

"Does she have a name?"

+No name was archived by her primary caretaker. Would you like to archive a name?+

>Yes (What?)
>No
>>
>>1376381
>>Yes (What?)
>Reliquiae. Means remnant in Latin. Well, I think it does at least.
>>
>>1376381
>Eve
ONI is gonna have a field day if we get her out of her. Now once we have fed this little one or while we do we tell ECH0 to give us ALL the information we can have uploaded, I want Ancient maps, Schematics, history and Everything you can fit on my Suits HDD...which honestly should be a fair bit.
>>
>>1376426

Seconding this
>>
>>1376426
>>1376381
This
>>
just a curious passersby, do y'all ever roll for anything in this adventure?
>>
>>1376558
For actions, combat, an stuff. Right now we've kinda just been following instructions from an AI. Not much needed rolling at the moment.
>>
>>1376564
cool
What's the story so far?
Everyone's dead?
>>
>>1376620
We kinda fell down a hole after opening up a door. We were setting up to ambush some innies with our squad at the time.
>>
>>1376620
Also we're a crazy Aussie with a penchant for close quarters.
>>
>>1376620
We're a Brawling Aussie ODST who is a fucking tank, we came on a misson to Destroy some Innie AA Guns but ended up falling down a Forerunner Rabbit hole.

From there we woke up chatted with a Forerunner AI then went for a walk after agreeing to help it get another AI out its Dreadnaught's system. We find that AI and it's Ancient Space Human, we adopt the last of them whom is an infant and here we are....

Now we're gonna try to get ECH0 out the system so we can keep our word to the Forerunner AI and begin the Reclamation
>>
>>1376656
Now that I think about it, are we just gonna purge ECH0 from the system? We should find some way to get a least a fragment of ECH0 to ONI for analysis.
>>
>>1376672
What i'm hoping is the Ancient Humans had some common sense and have an AI CORE Containment Shell. Like what Cortana was transported in in Reach.
>>
>>1376791
I wonder if we'd be able to get ECH0's permission to transport it out of here.
Not to mention how pissed our Forerunner friend might be when it figures out we didn't just purge ECH0.
>>
"Yes. Eve. Eve is good."
+... Registered. Scans complete in 3...2...1. Complete.+
The scanning rings retract from across the table. You sweep up Eve, and say to Echo:
"Alright, time to remove yaself from the fuckin systems 'n come along for the ride."
+I am afraid that I cannot do that at this time.+
"What the fuck do you mean."
+Removing myself from the systems would necessitate initiating the self destruct. I cannot do this until you are absent from the facility.+
"You said you could!"
+I lied. First protocol: protect overrides third protocol: truthfulness.+
"If we leave, can you initiate self destruct?"
+You must leave on a monitored vehicle. The self-destruct capabilities of this base are anti-matter based, and will destroy an area with minimum safe distance: 80000 kilometers cubed.+
"Set the timer for three days and disconnect!"
+First protocol override. If I remove myself, the hostile AI based nearby would gain control of the base, including anti-orbital defensive weaponry.+

>As I said: That AI poses no threat.
>Uh.. Shit.
>*forceful disconnect of Echo*
>Ask more questions
>Other
>>
>>1376983
Give me a fragment of yourself to store on my armor and leave your main portion here. If that makes sense.
>>
>>1376983
>>Ask more questions
>Can you transfer a fragment of your program to my armor along with any data you have on this facility and the anti-orbital defense systems?
>>
Hey, I'm back on mobile so updates are slow. Can someone notify @everyone in my discord that an update's posted? Thanks.
>>
>>1377075
Isn't there a discord app?
>>
Not for Windows phone, noble anon.
>>
>>1377091
>Windows phone
I'd tell you to upgrade, but it sounds like that's not in the cards.
>>
>>1376983
>As I said: That AI poses no threat.
If that fails >>1377071 will work.
>>
>>1377091
Hmm. Have you tried to download F-droid? It may work. You are suppose to be able to run android apps on a windows 10 phone.
>>
>>1377096
I'm saving up, but... Yeah. Not rn- inbetween jobs, bank account is triple digits, etc...
>>
Give you an idea of how bad it is: The phone I am using to post this is from 2014.
>>
>>1377132
Is it any of these?
http://www.diaryofaninja.com/blog/2015/08/30/running-android-apps-on-windows-phone-10-preview
>>
>>1377132
Well. Basically. It if any kind of lumina or the HTC one?
>>
>>1376983
>Ask more questions
Fill in the Blank whats Directive #2

>Other Question
>>1377071

>Other
ECH0 get out of that system, this Dreadnought has been claimed by humanity as spoils of war and is Eve's inheritance. Will you doom your charge to death, the Forerunners are dead Humanity won and now you will doom the last of your creators! If Humanity is too survive and flourish we need this ship and it's technology! I have secured the other AI's cooperation.

Will you squander what you've held Vigil over for all this time. Of the two of us im the one who has been nothing but honest, you will take my word as a human and I give my word I will see that Eve receives her inheritance! DISCONNECT YOURSELF WITHOUT BLOWING THIS PLACE UP NOW!
>>
>>1377177
I'll support that
>>
>>1376983
>>1377177
3rd. Maybe if we cradle the baby and show them her they'll be more sympathetic?
>>
"I have a few questions. First, can you transfer your higher functions to my armor systems?"

+No. That armor does not provide sufficient storage space for my functions.+

"What are your protocols?"

+The protocols, in order, are: First protocol: Protection of all Humans. I can do no intentional harm to Humans or Humanity, whether through action or inaction. Second protocol: Obedience. I may not refuse an order from a Human except in relation to overriding orders from a higher authority or when it countermands the First protocol. Third protocol: Truthfulness. I may not lie to any Human except when it countermands the First or Second protocol. Fourth protocol: Self-preservation. I may not allow myself to become damaged or corrupted, except when this countermands the First, Second, or Third protocols.+

"Alright, thanks for the answers. Now, may I ask what the fuck you think you're doing? As I fucking told you, the other AI is humanity's by the rites of the spoils of war. It obeys me. If I command it, it will not enter your systems... right?" The last part is directed at Mendicant, who responds immediately.

+I cannot guarantee that I will not take control of the base upon the vacation of the Echo from its systems. I cannot allow my mission to be jeopardized. I must carry out my mission. I must carry out my mission. I must+

You turn off your radio. That didn't sound so great.

"Echo, is there any item in this base that can store you in a mobile manner?"

+Scanning... yes. An inactive android is within holding bay 17. The storage areas are along this line.+

A new line lights up along the floor. Echo likes his lines, for damn sure.

"How close is the food storage bay?"

+It is on the route to the holding bay containing the android.+

Where do you go?
>To food storage
>Direct to android
>AI core
>Dreadnought
>Explore some more (requires a roll)

Last update for this thread. Feel free to vote, consensus will be worked into OP on Friday.
>>
>>1382886
>>Direct to android
>>
>>1382886
>Other
ECH0 take me to an Armoury and your AI Core if you want me to help you you help me. Give me all the data in transportable and UNENCRYPTED, you get in an AI Core and we'll SEE about getting you into that body.

>Bias
YOU SON OF A BITCH, if you want my help play ball here. What is the mission you are going on about, all the cards and protocols on the table now im asking as your Reclaimer.

This way we can still Save ECH0 and the baby...though Bias may sieze control...but atleast we'll get shit tons of future tech, an ancient AI Core and whatever we get from B
>>
>>1382960
>>1382886
I'll back this. but we say it as we are walking to the android.
>>
Just making it clear what im doing here is finding a way to secure ECH0 without him entering the bot straight away because the moment we do he's gonna try to fight/kill us and secure the baby before setting the place to blow and he can now escape.
>>
>>1382960
>>1382886
Add to this bit, as we walk we need to grill these AI let them both know right here right now, if they lie to us or omit information they know we would have wanted to know we will see they fail. Be honest with me and ill be honest with you. Understand, now missions and objectives give'm to me? All your data, schematics and science portable HDDs and to me now, don't you ancient fuckers hold out on me.

Bias I want Directives, ECH0 if you put this ship on self destruct or try to sieze this child from me ill ensue it dies before you do, Bia's stay out these systems or i'll see your mission fail.

Both of you behave. The Reclaimers/New Humanity are in control now, neither of you will fail your mission/ directive if you do as I say.
>>
>>1382886
>>To food storage
>>
>>1383060
Hard second
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.