[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wizard Quest, Chapter One

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 5

File: download.png (6KB, 205x246px)
download.png
6KB, 205x246px
The vast majority of mortals live humbles lives and die quietly beside their loved ones. You were once a mortal, but no longer. Through the strange whims of fate, you've awakened to your true potential, and are no longer mortal. No, you are now a Wizard, one of a handful of mortals exalted to godlike power.

With years of diligent study and hard work, mortals are able to wield magic, but their power is nothing compared to the faintest glimpse of your potential. Now, you're scarcely an apprentice mage's equal, but you ascended to such power in a mere two weeks, where others would be prodigies to do so in two years.

Only two weeks before, you were a peasant boy, a mere sixteen summers of age. Your father had been a farmer, your father's father had been a farmer, and you were destined to carry on the tradition of being a farmer, an inevitable fate you dreaded but accepted nonetheless. But now, as a Wizard, you are no longer mortal, and the laws of men no longer bind you. You are free to blaze your own trail, to forge your own destiny. It is a feeling like no other, and the air seems to crackle with possibility.

But first, a question.

> How did you discover your power?

> You were out in the barn, when you stumbled into a haybale, the next thing you knew, it was up in blazes!

> You were fishing and cursing your bad luck, when damned near the whole lake jumped out at you!

> You'd been digging a hole for hours, when you dropped down your shovel and kicked the ground, you weren't expecting that much dirt to move!

> You were fooling around by the old cliff when you slipped and fell to your death, you nearly had a stroke when you realized you were walking on air!

> You'd been visiting great grampa's grave and shed a tear, you almost died yourself when he reached up and grabbed you!

> You were walking in the woods when you a wild dog jumped you and got ahold of your throat, you almost bled out but a flick of your wrist sealed it shut!
>>
>>1363905
>> You'd been visiting great grampa's grave and shed a tear, you almost died yourself when he reached up and grabbed you!
Maybe we can commune with dead spirits if we get good enough.
>>
>>1363905
> You were walking in the woods when you a wild dog jumped you and got ahold of your throat, you almost bled out but a flick of your wrist sealed it shut!

Nobody expects the healer
>>
>>1363905
>You were walking in the woods when you a wild dog jumped you and got ahold of your throat, you almost bled out but a flick of your wrist sealed it shut!
>>
>>1363984
> You'd been visiting great grampa's grave and shed a tear, you almost died yourself when he reached up and grabbed you!

Does this determine our power? Or do we not specialize?
>>
>>1363905
>> You were out in the barn, when you stumbled into a haybale, the next thing you knew, it was up in blazes!

Don't play a healer, that's boring. Do we want to do cool things, or empower NPCs to do cool things?
>>
>>1363905
>You were walking in the woods when you a wild dog jumped you and got ahold of your throat, you almost bled out but a flick of your wrist sealed it shut!

>no option for 'needed to get somewhere and was suddenly teleported'
>>
>>1363905
>You were out in the barn, when you stumbled upon a haybale, the next thing you know, it was up in blazes!
>>
Necromancy requires resource management

Fire is very limited in what you can do compared to other elements

Healing can harm, manipulate bone growth to cause an enemies bones to elongate and protrude out of them

Water, earth, and air are very versatile.

I'll vote for

> You were fishing and cursing your bad luck, when damned near the whole lake jumped out at you!
>>
File: pyro.png (577KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
pyro.png
577KB, 1024x614px
>>1363905
>> You were out in the barn, when you stumbled into a haybale, the next thing you knew, it was up in blazes!
>>
>>1364596
This man is thinking. Ill vote for his vote
>>
File: medic.jpg (245KB, 964x807px) Image search: [Google]
medic.jpg
245KB, 964x807px
>>1364596
That just makes me want healing
Also healing hurts undead
Changing >>1364650 to healing
>>
>>1364596
>Fire is very limited in what you can do compared to other elements
wut
>>
>>1364822
Think about it. Fire:
>needs air to function
>cant be used on the self for any obvious reason
>utility is limited to light, heat, and chemical change of stuff

Meanwhile
>air is everywhere where earth and water are not
>air can be used to fucking fly effortlessly
>water is in everything and at high pressure can go through essentially anything
>water can be used to sustain yourself on a fundamental level, even aid in healing
>***water completly extinguishes fire, so does a deprivation of wind or blanket of earth***
>earth is literally earth. Like, jesus why make a planetside firestorm when you can use the entire fucking planet?

I dont think I have to say much more than that. Fire is stupid if we are thinking at a long term starting commitment.
>>
>>1364849
Depends how realistic this turns out to be, magic doesn't usually follow Realism with things like that
>>
>>1364865
Well how the hell else do you explain it? If fire magic also encompasses plasma then things start to change, but seriously? Fire burning away water vapor? Functioning in a vacuum at a high level I can buy it. But also burning throw solid earth/metal? How the hell does that work? What about healing? How in the world could you possibly heal with fire besides cauterization? I dont see how you could make fire any more fantastical besides having it be the representation of energy and channeling of ki or some bullshit like that.
>>
File: wu xing.png (196KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
wu xing.png
196KB, 720x720px
>>1364976
You could have fire represent more than just literal, physical fire.

And to begin with, you're assuming that, just because the MC set something ablaze, manipulating fire would be the extent of his abilities when we haven't had a post from OP in 6 hours, so the quest is quite possibly dead anyway.
>>
>>1364987

If op doesn't respond in a day I'll take the majority vote and get this thing rolling.
>>
>>1363905
>You'd been digging a hole for hours, when you dropped down your shovel and kicked the ground, you weren't expecting that much dirt to move!
Objectively speaking, I feel Earth has the most utility, and permanence. Its rather hard to create anything out of most of the other options. Except Necromancy, but everyone's a necromancer these days and undead don't keep as well as you'd think.
>>
>>1363905

I miss grandpa.
>>
>>1365125
do it mon
also healer all the way. imagine the intrigue possible by having the people on your side.
>>
>>
>>1364987
>>1365125

Don't worry, I just need to run some errands, and I'll post sometime later today. Possibly later tonight, but rest assured, I will be posting.
>>
>>1363905
>> You'd been visiting great grampa's grave and shed a tear, you almost died yourself when he reached up and grabbed you!
>>
>>1363905

If this turns out to be flesh/life manipulation, we'll be able to create our own monster species to carry on our wizard's legacy.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

After a very long and unexpected journey, I have returned to regale you with wondrous tales of mystical wizardry n' stuff.

>>1363984
>>1364093
>>1365180
>>1365242
>>1365245

5 votes for necromancy.

>>1363992
>>1364034
>>1364100
>>1364673
>>1365381

5 votes for biomancy.

>>1364483

1 vote for pyromancy.

>>1364596
>>1364665

2 votes for hydromancy.

If my divination is correct, there is a tie between necromancy and biomancy. To ensure a completely unbiased result, I'm going to roll a 1d2 for the result.

> 1: Necromancy
> 2: Biomancy

Led'er rip!
>>
>>1365381
This sounds interesting.
>>1363905
Switching >>1363984 to
>>
switching >>1364093 to >>1363992
>>
Ever since you were little, you'd been strange. Winter's cold didn't bother you at all, your skin was deathly pale, and you sunburned much easier than your peers. Everyone tended to avoid you, because you always seemed a little... off, somehow. You never really cared for anyone but your close family, and even they weren't really as, close, as you feel they should've been.

You don't know if you really loved your family, but you cared. You broke your back day and night out in the fields, trying to make up for something, to compensate, somehow. It never worked. You could till with the best of them, but near everything you planted shriveled up and died, no matter what you did. Your brothers and sisters stopped talking to you, making excuses to be in other places, and eventually, just outright avoiding you.

Even though ma and pa didn't act like it, they were the same. They never tucked you in at night, never spent any time with you, or treated you like you were theirs, for that matter. They never said they loved you, and at times, it felt like they pitied you more than anything. When everyone around you became cold and detached, you responded in kind.

You never said or did anymore than you had to, and you spent your days working or out in the woods thinking. Nobody cared about you, nobody but your great grampa, that is. By the time you were old enough to know him, he was already hobbled and bent with age, but he filled the void your family left. He cared about you, no matter how bad it got, he was always there for you, you honestly think he really, truly, loved you, which only made his passing worse.

He went quietly in his sleep, a mercy to be sure, but it felt like your heart had been ripped out. Your great grampa, your only real family, the cornerstone of your everything, was gone, gone forever and there was nothing you could do to change that. As time went on, you became cold and detached, bit by bit, your emotion left you, you stopped caring about anyone but yourself and who you'd lost. Every day, no matter how hard, no matter how bad it was, you always found time to visit great grampa.

You'd spend hours in the cemetery speaking to his gravestone, telling him all your thoughts, feelings, and innermost secrets. Nothing was hidden from him, you laid it all bare, and even though that engraved headstone stone never spoke, you felt like he heard you. somehow.

> cont
>>
>>1367698

On your sixteenth winter, you were resting against the back wall of your family cabin, when you overheard your parents. They talked about how their harvests had failed ever since you were born, that they were being driven to bankruptcy, and that unless they did something to get rid of you, they'd lose everything. You listened as they went over possibilities, getting you drafted, kicking you out, and even selling you to slavers, talking about your fate in the same, detached way they would a dog's. When you heard them, your heart shattered. You realized they never loved you to begin with, that you were nothing but an inconvenience to them, a curse.

Filled with pent-up rage with nothing to do, no way to stop or change what was happening, you went to the cemetery, where at least someone would understand. In front of great grampa's gravestone, you laid it all out. You confessed your hatred for hours on end, until finally, you'd ran out of hate to give, You fell to your knees, and let out a single tear, and a murmured prayer, "I want you back."

A thunderbolt went through you, the air seemed to go still, no sound but the rain could be heard. You felt an energy like no other pour out of you, and when it left, you felt it, somehow. You felt it plunge into the soil, into coffins and graves, into the corpses and bodies of your "friends" and "family." You felt your mind fracture into a dozen pieces, each one entering a cadaver, each one thinking on its own while linked to your own consciousness.

You felt what they felt, sensed what they sensed, and at the sudden sensory overload, curled into a fetal position, shaking as the unnatural power left you. Shortly after, you felt a cold, clammy hand grip your coat, and force itself through the ground. You looked up, unbelieving, both horrified and hopeful at once, at your great grandfather. His browned skeleton stood above you, rotting strips of meat hung off him, he was clothed in rags, and he had no face, no smile, but he was there. He was alive, no, not alive, somewhere in between, an abomination, but he's still your grampa all the same.

You stood, and looked around you. Almost a dozen corpses rose from their graves. Old man dulver, slim pete, the village carpenter, all of them, hollow shells, animated by your presence, clinging on to only the basest of instincts. In life, they ignored your plight, and in death, they will serve you. You realize, you great grampa isn't really there. Whatever he once was has moved on, leaving nothing but an empty vessel behind. Maybe you'll never get him back, maybe it's not possible, but there's hope. Maybe, just maybe, you could bring him back, maybe, just maybe, it could be you and great grampa together again, like the good old days, the best days...

> cont
>>
>>1367698
>>1367704

But first, your home. The corpses, you're a witch! No, no witch could do so much in so little, no witch could have so much power bursting from every part of their being! No, you're a WIZARD! Finally! You have the power to make yourself heard, to make them listen to you, to make yourself loved! But, not yet, let's not get carried away, not just yet. The village will panic once they see you, they might lynch you, or destroy your corpses, or worse, they might hurt great grampa... You can't let that happen. You've got to do something. But, but what?

> Revenge? But great grampa wouldn't want that, but you, you do... Oh you do...

> Flee to the nearest town and hope something's different there? There's nowhere else to go!

> Scratch that, flee into the wilderness! You can't hurt anyone there, and you'll be able to get far, far away from everyone who might judge you or hurt great grampa...

> NO NO NO! That's not a good idea, no not at all... The only thing you can do, is show the villagers what you've done. Maybe they'll understand... Maybe it'll all be alright...
>>
>>1367718
> NO NO NO! That's not a good idea, no not at all... The only thing you can do, is show the villagers what you've done. Maybe they'll understand... Maybe it'll all be alright...

Get the show on the road
>>
>>1367718
> Flee to the nearest town and hope something's different there? There's nowhere else to go!

Try to get to the city?
>>
>>1367718

>calm down
>see what we can make these corpses do

Once that's done I say we fake an undead attack on the village and "quell" said undead assault with our "holy" power.

If we gotta pick options provided though I say into wilderness.
>>
>>1367718
>> Scratch that, flee into the wilderness! You can't hurt anyone there, and you'll be able to get far, far away from everyone who might judge you or hurt great grampa...
>>
>>1367718
>> Scratch that, flee into the wilderness! You can't hurt anyone there, and you'll be able to get far, far away from everyone who might judge you or hurt great grampa...
>>
>>1368066
I like this
>>
>>1367718
> option 4

Fellow 4chaners we can not forget out history our true calling! Farming! Our grandfather would be beside himself in shame if we did not follow in our family's foot steps! We have come across a great power! And must use it for what born for. FARMING!!
>>
>>1368180
Imagine the economic consequences of massive necromantic agriculture.
>>
>>1368984
It would be beautiful we would run farming world wide. They could call us... the farm wizard
>>
>>1367718
Farming is the answer
>>
>>1367718
>>1369008
>>1368180
Thirding Farming
>>
>>1367718
>>1368180
>>1368984
>>1369003
>>1369008
Farming is always the answer.
>>
This op better goddam come back so we can play undead farm quest.
>>
>>1369130
I agree wholeheartedly, I believe it is our destiny as a great magician to solve the world hunger crisis.

And probably get very rich doing it too
>>
>>1369130
Necro farmville
>>
>>1369103
>>1369130

Anons, I've just finished a long and arduous day of weeding, tilling, and planting for my mother's garden... Undead Farm Quest is meant to be. There can be no doubt.

I'm posting on mobile away from home, so it'll be one or two hours before I'm able to update. I hope you all understand. Roll three 1d100s for NECROMANTIC AGRICULTURE!!!

> Best of 3, 100s and 1s take precedent!
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>1369224
Praise be!

Our dreams of necromantic agriculture live on!
>>
Rolled 100 (1d100)

>>1369224
>>
>>1369242
Fuck that's good
>>
File: IMG_1908.jpg (33KB, 316x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1908.jpg
33KB, 316x313px
>>1369244
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>1369224
>1d100s
>>
>>1369242
The quest gods have clearly blessed us. This is truly ment to be
>>
>>1369242

...Sweet Demeter, what have I wrought?

*begins typing frantically*
>>
>>1369541
Bout time, had to switch to mobile and lie in bed for this shit
>>
>>1369541
MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>1369559
Our conquest over the food market starts here
>>
Dozens of ideas come to you, each one with merits and risks of its own. You have to choose wisely, or you'll hang no doubt. Maybe, you should speak to them? Show them what you've done, and tell them you mean no harm? No, you're a gods-damned Corpse Wizard! You can't trust yourself, let alone them!

Or, would it be best to just leave? That's a good idea, maybe it'd work, just maybe, but where? You could head to the nearest town, it wouldn't be subtle but maybe you could think of something along the way, or even find help... No, the chance of being caught is too large, you don't dare risk it. The woodlands, those are your only chance! They'd be perfect, no-one to judge, no-one to hurt, or... disappoint. You'd be all alone, just you, great grampa, and whatever corpses you bring to life.

Rnngh, no! That'd be cowardice, great grampa always told you to face problems like a man, it's what he'd want you to do, and damn, you're going to do it! But, they'll never accept you. They'll treat you like a monster, run you through with pitchforks and burn you with torches... They can't understand your power, or great grampa, they're all so blind! All any of them care about is... is, FARMING!
FARMING! FARMING! FARMING!!!

WAIT! That's the key! Farming is the key! How could you have been so foolish? Your father's father was a farmer, your father was a farmer, and you, regardless of any power, are destined to become a farmer. It's fate, and there's no point in fighting it. Great grampa always wanted you to leave the village, get married, and start a farm and family of your own. You'd always thought no-one would ever love you, but now you've got a family of your own, and power to grow!

You wait until dawn, before walking into the village, undead close behind. Their hands are raised onto their heads, and your own are held palms out, signifying peace. The villagers stare at you and your horde in horror, disbelief, and in a few cases, morbid curiosity. When they stop staring and someone thinks to speak, it's the village smith, william, a man strong in mind and body, he's the defacto village leader in times of crisis, and that time is now.

> "Wha-, what is the meanin' of all this? How, and why are ye controllin' my dead granny's corpse!?! It's unnatural, and I, I want answers!"

You grin,

> "Just last night, I discovered that I am none other than a Wizard."

You wait a moment for the crowd's gasp to subside before continuing,

> "With a wave of my hand and a muttered oath, I brought them back. They aren't there anymore, but their hands are."

William's eyes widen,

> "Hands? You raise a feckin' dozen men and women from the grave, mind ye, some of 'em don't even have meat anymore, and their skeletal, half-rotted hands are what ye concern yerself with? Have ye lost yer mind boy?"

> cont
>>
>>1369700

You chuckle,

> "I don't mean the hands themselves, but what they can do. Look out at those fields, and just imagine, just imagine, how much more could you accomplish if you never slept, and never got tired. Just imagine how much easier your lives could be. That's what I'm offering."

Another villager speaks,

> "A ye suggestin' we kill ourselves so ye can steal our souls? I ain't gonna fall for it, no sirree."

You shake your head,

> "No, I'm suggesting that we use the corpses to farm for us! Before you panic, think. There's nothing left inside of those bodies, they've long since left, alright? Now, don't you think if they got the chance to use their lifeless corpses help make their family's lives easier after death they'd jump right on it?"

The villager scratches his head,

> "I, I s'pose so."

You keep talking,

> "You see, there's no reason not to! With my powers, I can make our farms bloom like never before, just give me a chance!"

Jed, the village priest recoils at your words.

> "No reason not to!?! No reason not to!?! Folks, listen, this boy is trying to convince us to use our dead family as slave labor ! It's an insult to the gods, it's an insult to our dead's memory, and I won't stand for it! I'm headed straight to Oarbrakes 'fore this puts a curse on us all! If ye trust the gods more than a child playing with dangerous forces far beyond him, come with me!"

Most of the village seems to understand your reasoning, and are intrigued at the concept. That, and after years of famine, they're willing to try just about anything. The rest of village, pious church-goers for the most part, share Jed's skepticism and leave with him. William speaks up,

> "What's yer plan boy?"

> Traits:

> A bit unhinged: Doesn't have an effect most of the time, but if something triggers you, you might snap.
> Lv 0 Necromancer

> Resources:

> Unfathomable arcane power
> 5 Zombies
> 7 Skeletons
> Old Great Grampa
>>
>>1369711
What is our property situation looking like?

How much land do we own for farming? Do we have gold (or whatever currency) to use to buy things like tools and extra land?
>>
>>1369711
>> "No reason not to!?! No reason not to!?! Folks, listen, this boy is trying to convince us to use our dead family as slave labor ! It's an insult to the gods, it's an insult to our dead's memory, and I won't stand for it! I'm headed straight to Oarbrakes 'fore this puts a curse on us all! If ye trust the gods more than a child playing with dangerous forces far beyond him, come with me!"
So is this guy going to send some forces to tear down our undead farm now, or did they all just peace out?
>>
>>1369729
No worries

We can summon an undead army long before they come with any forces.
>>
>>1369711
Also do we know what/who/where Oarbrakes is? Is it going to cause us trouble of any kind?
>>
>>1369727

Roughly thirty villagers stayed, at least half are women, children, or elderly. The village has roughly 2,000 munzes, (the empire's currency) which is enough to buy a dozen cows and a bull, if you're lucky. Unfortunately, the munzes belong to individual villagers, who aren't willing to give them to you without compensation.

Through careful negotiations, you've managed to gather 200 munzes, a stockpile of old, rusted secondhand farm tools, and three acres of forested woodland to kick-start your farm.

You have to choose two of the following seeds to start your farm, the villagers can't spare anymore.

> Beets
> Broccoli
> Brussels Sprouts
> Cabbage
> Potatoes
> Peas
> Spinach

It's in the middle of winter, spring will arrive in roughly two months. Before you begin farming, you'll have to clear the woodland, and till the soil at bare minimum.

>>1369729

*ultra super-duper secret coin toss*

You don't know, but like great grampa always said, it's best to prepare for the worst.

>>1369735

You have nigh limitless arcane energy, but you've still only just begun your Wizard career. Any competent battle-mage or large mob could push your shit in.

>>1369737

Oarbrakes is a large coastal city of 3,000+ humans two week's travel to the south. From what you've heard, Oarbrakes is a fishing town, and most of its people worship Luminoes, the Moon, whose followers aren't known for inciting crusades. All the same, the awakening of a Wizard is a once in a lifetime event, and if word gets out, people will be curious.
>>
>>1369785
> Peas
> Spinach

Two pretty hardy crops, should survive the cold end of spring.

I suggest we get all the reanimated to take up tools and get busy clearing land while we head out and practice our magic on whatever we can find. Getting used to our powers and knowing our limits will be important in case of an attack. Plus we could end up with more hands for the farm, although even practice on dead animals or plants could help.
>>
>>1369785
>>1369808
I haven't really looked into crop hardiness, so I'll 2nd this since they sound like they'll work.
Perhaps we can also link up with other like-minded necromancers that are into the utility of the undead moreso than obtaining power?
>>
>>1369985
How would we find other necromancers is the problem, apart from making ourselves well known and hoping they come to us?

Ah well, spinach and peas both resist cold well, but perhaps potatoes are a better idea than peas as they're a fair bit more substantial and optimal planting time is as spring starts to warm up. Changing >>1369808 to Spinach and Potatoes.
>>
>>1369808
>>1369985
>>1370007

Interesting. When you're out practicing, do you want to try to do anything in particular, or do you want to do random things with your magic to get a general feel for your abilities?
>>
>>1370020

A bunch of random experiments on both living and dead things, maybe try to develop some kind of directly offensive spells.

Really we need to know what we can and can't affect with our magic and our offensive capabilities should we end up in a fight.
>>
>>1370020

I'm gonna be dead for the next day or so, so make sure people make smart decisions in my stead and help us provide food to the world.
>>
>>1370020
Couple things I'm curious about

Is our magic used via catalyst? Our first experience raising seemed to come from transfer of magic via tear.
Can we kill the trees to make them easier to fell?
Can we raise undead trees? If so, does this harm the soil/crops?
Can we raise small creatures, or is there a mass requirement? as I understand it, all our current minions are humanoid. Lets get some dogs, birds, cats, squirrels. Everything we can. Also do they retain their original instincts? Dogs chase after cats ect.
Are bones a requirement? can you raise a worm? if so, are you able to raise things inside living things? ex: bird eats worm, raise worm inside the bird.
>>
>>1370214
>>1370032
>>1370020

I think the biggest think we need to an concerned about is in the past plants died around us! We need to work on making life bloom as well as death. Or at least prevent ourselves from killing the plants!

We should experiment with trees nature and animals. Breath life into the world while shaping death
>>
I partially agree with the choice of crop but I suggest potato and peas.
Second if some one is going to warn the oarbrakes then we should send someone on our side as well so that we get less of lynch mob.
Thrid some land has chronic problems with rocks as they are pushed up from the ground as the winter freezes the ground water.
Lastly if all else fails we could always start a mining.
>>
>>1370897
>Lastly if all else fails we could always start a mining.
But we're a necromatic farmer! It was our destiny to farm!
>>
>>1370897
same fag
Some thing that is necessary and soon is to gain the appreciation of the village, by bringing them fire wood for the winter, and building roads, cobblestone roads, if the mc knows about irrigation we could start redirecting rivers to maximize water availability and perhaps even creating a specific river for wastes. It could even be covered with a vaulted rock ceiling and be the start of the sewers.
>>
>>1370918
spellling due to phone.
>>
I'm going to be spending Easter with the family, and won't be able to update until later tonight. Before I go, I'll answer this anon's questions.

>>1370214

> Is our magic used via catalyst? Our first experience raising seemed to come from transfer of magic via tear.

To one such as yourself, a catalyst is not necessary, though certain catalysts can increase the focus and potency of certain spells. To find out which do, you'll have to experiment. The tear was a side effect of the intense emotion that worked as a catalyst to awaken your Wizardly potential.

> Can we kill the trees to make them easier to fell?

You could, though making a spell designed to do so would require a fair bit of trial and error. You could do it without a spell, but you'd expend much more arcane energy than necessary.

> Can we raise undead trees?

As you aren't a tree yourself and your knowledge of tree anatomy is limited, it would require extensive research, but it could be done.

> If so, does this harm the soil/crops?

With your current knowledge, you can't be certain.

> Can we raise small creatures, or is there a mass requirement? as I understand it, all our current minions are humanoid. Lets get some dogs, birds, cats, squirrels. Everything we can.

There is no mass requirement, but humanoid minions are arguably more useful to you for their ability to wield tools.

> Also do they retain their original instincts? Dogs chase after cats ect.

No, under your control they act as you will them to, left alone, they revert to a primal instinct to kill and feed on the living.

> Are bones a requirement?

Not at all, though a skeleton makes the reanimation process much easier.

Can you raise a worm?

I don't see why not, given enough research.

If so, are you able to raise things inside living things? ex: bird eats worm, raise worm inside the bird.

It would be tricky and would probably require extensive research, but again, I don't see why not.
>>
I say focus on learning not to kill plants should be top priority can't feed the world if the plants are all dead
>>
We should develop a spell that animates the skeleton inside a living body. No one will want to fuck with us ever. In fact we should make this out primary defensive spell.
>>
>>1371166
That would be fucking sick, but what about creatures without skeletons, like slimes and shit? Some fag summons an army of slimes and we're fucked.

>>1371161
Knowing how to keep plants alive is paramount to our success in becoming an agricultural God.

Although, we need to prepare for an angry lynch mob from Oarbrakes. I say we try to develop some offensive necromantic spells. Perhaps we could try and make a sort of necromantic laser to steal the life force of our foes and use it to make our plants thrive.
>>
>>1371534
And send a second opinion.
>>
>>1372210
Wat?
>>
>>1372224
sebd some one to tell speak for your side...
>>
>>1372314
Ah I understand
>>
>>1372210
>>1372462
Not anyone from our family though. We might have other plans for them...
>>
>>1372579
And what might that be?
>>
Alright everyone, I've returned.

Roll 3 1d100s.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>1372849
>1d100s
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>1372849
>>
Rolled 36 (1d100)

>>1372849
What are we rolling for?

>>1372579
Well they were contemplating on how to get rid of... actually does the MC have a name or am I stupid and missed it?
>>
I'm sorry, but the cleanup took longer than I'd expected. I've got work tomorrow, it's extremely late where I am, and I'm sorry, but I have no choice but to update tomorrow.

>>1373005

> What are we rolling for?

General success with farming and experiments, a broad statement of how much you've accomplish in the turn.

> Well they were contemplating on how to get rid of... actually does the MC have a name or am I stupid and missed it?

That comes later anon...

>>1372853

Hmm.
>>
After much consideration, you decide that it would be best to plant Potatoes and Peas come spring, and you set your undead, minus great grampa, to clearing out the 3 acres of woodland. Almost immediately, you run into some problems, the zombies and skeletons are mindless, and if you aren't actively commanding them, aren't able to use their tools effectively. For now, this isn't hindering productivity as you're able to subconciously command them without issue, but it might be a problem once you've gathered more farmhands.

When you ask for someone to travel to Oarbrakes and vouch for you, no one volunteers, fearful of being lynched if things go south. Dan, a younger man, who wants to see your project come to fruition, wanted to go, but his pregnant wife wouldn't let him, as their baby is due sometime in the next two weeks. You would go yourself, but your undead would be uncontrolled and might attack the villagers in your absence. There's nothing to be done, and you aren't able to send anyone to vouch for you.

In between sleeping, eating, and talking to great grampa, you spend your time out in the woods, experimenting and toying with your new powers. You learn several things of interest.

> Some kind of energy is present everywhere, especially in living creatures. Compared to the villagers, you have an enormous reservoir of energy, a small ocean before a raindrop would be a good comparison.

> Every living creature has a reservoir of energy, which sustains the processes that make life possible, intelligent living creatures have the highest resevoirs of energy, and with training or natural talent, some are able to develop a larger resevoir, gaining a surplus of energy. You realize that Wizards are the result of natural talent taken to its logical extreme, explaining their rarity.

> This energy seems to hold everything together, and keep things from fading into entropy. You are able to absorb this energy, imprint your will onto it, and release it, where it will manipulate reality in accordance to the command you've imprinted on it, resulting in a Spell.

> The more energy you absorb from a single object, the more tedious and difficult it becomes to drain, until it is a net loss of energy to continue. You suppose the Gods must've put this in as a safeguard of some kind.

> Most energy has a signature of some kind that differentiates it from energy with other signatures. This signature tells energy how to behave when in contact with other types of energy, keeping reality in balance. Given the right processes or natural conditions, one type of energy can transition or transform into another type of energy. It is impossible to create energy without destroying an equal amount of energy, and vice versa.

> cont
>>
>>1375247

> This explains why there different types and disciplines of magic, as one who has mastered one type of energy may not have the ability to control another type of energy. For example, the energies in water and air, though similiar, are different enough that one versed in the control of water energy will be unable to control air energy without significant difficulty, and vice versa. You realize this means that you are able to learn other kinds of magic, but it will take plenty of study, as non-necromantic energies are somewhat foreign to you at the moment.

> The undead have no reservoir of their own, instead they contain a small reservoir of your energy, linking themselves to your will. You don't want to think about the implications of this concerning great grampa.

While you're in the woods, you learn how to replace the life energy in a living creature with death energy, killing and reanimating it in one Spell. This Spell is extremely costly and impractical, as it costs much more energy to artificially change energy than it does to naturally change it. For example, killing a living creature is much more efficient than outright removing its life.

You aren't anymore component overall, but this knowledge should prove invaluable in further experiments.

During the two weeks you spend practicing, the undead manage to cut down a fourth of the forest, less than you'd hoped for, but you suppose that's just bad luck. Unless Jed and his followers ran into trouble on the road, they should've reached Oarbrakes by now. If they gather a lynch mob to kill your undead again, it'll arrive sometime in the next month.

> What do you do the next two weeks?

> Traits:

> A bit unhinged: Doesn't have an effect most of the time, but if something triggers you, you might snap.
> Lv 0 Necromancer

> Resources:

> 5 Zombies
> 7 Skeletons
> Old Great Grampa

> Land:

> 2.25 acres of forested woodland.
> 0.75 acres of untilled land.
>>
>>1375250
Experiment in minion control find our range before they become mindless see if we can give them simple orders to follow with out our direct control
>>
>>1375250
If there are enough and suitably sized rocks in the area we should build rock fortifications otherwise wooden fortifications will have to do.
It'll probably have to be the latter since stonewalling the village would take to long. also ar there any cave systems nearby? we could fill the entrance with rocks and hide inside.And have the dead hide far and wide so you can escape.
>>
>>1375822
Also try moving the road. covering the old road with the grass from the new, if we have time.
>>
>>1375250
shouldn't we have some wood in our resources?
also, set one or 2 minions to building a fence (or palisade if there's enough) around the land.

also see about selling what's leftover or useless for building to the village as firewood or something to try and get some better tools? Maybe livestock or fertilizer?

sorry I'm not to familiar to what would be most useful in this situation.
>>
>>1375250
Practice to determine the different kinds of energies that exist.
Focus on sensing them and their interactions first.

Practice commanding and controlling the undead by stripping the fallen trees from branches and cutting them up for firewood for the town.

Deliver it to the town.

Prepare an escape route should they chase you and ensure you can dismiss the raised corpses back into their graves.
>>
>>1375250
I mean my idea was to animate the skeleton without killing the person. So we wouldn't have to remove life energy just give death energy to the skeleton who could then kill them in a somewhat more traditional way by bursting out of the flesh.
>>
>>1363905
'cmon post the future, do it.
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.