[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_1997.jpg (3MB, 1500x6400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1997.jpg
3MB, 1500x6400px
First to 3 wins race and location.
>>
>>1356595
fauns forest
>>
>>1356595
Kobolds
Ruins
>>
>>1356607
+1
>>
Vampire, Valley
>>
Homunculi
Desert
>>
Kenku
Floating Islands

Learn to fly boys
>>
>>1356595
>>1356658
this
>>
>>1356607
2nd.
>>
>>1356595
>Harpies
>Islands
>>
>>1357500
Supporting
>>
>>1356595
Insects Forest
>>
>>1356595
Genasi
Mana wastes
>>
>>1356595
>Myconics
>Tundra
>>
>>1356889
>>1356607
thirded
>>
Machines
Underwater
>>
And anudda one bites da dust
>>
>>1358467i cry everytime
>>
>>1358473
There's a special place in hell, for OP's that start civ quests and then bail.
>>
>>1363855
Especially without saying anything.
>>
>>1358467
We can pick it up. Or start anew.
>>
>>1364282
I suppose....I could maybe give it a try if I can get a friend to make me map's. But I wont make any promises.
>>
>>1367483
If someone would just start running one, I'll wager a few anons would make maps as we go.
>>
>>1367738
Um alright Ill go look over a few other civ games on the archives and I guess give it a try. I am on pacific time. It's 11:53pm for me right now. So if I do end up going through with it it will probably be tomorrow and at like 2-3pm. Or ill just end up posting randomly who knows. But anyway Its a tentative hopeful yes and seeing what I'm launching myself into. Hopefully its something I can handle :3
>>
What do you all recommend when it comes down to the actual statistics of the game. would you prefer something more minimalist like.
Pop:
Food:
Tech:
Culture:
or something more complex and detailed any suggestions?
>>
>>1367905
Simple. It can get difficult to track every stat down. You could do more stats if the quest last long enough.
>>
>>1367905
simple is best. More can be added as needed.
Don't over stress on too many details right out of the gate. Wait till we get a few dedicated players, IMO.
>>
Whelp I guess I really am doing this.

A small group of faun's inhabited a rather large forest full of heavy set wood. These faun's dident have much in the way of technology beyond simple crafting and cooking. Culturally they were rather bland still.
>>Pop:25
>>Food:Sustainable
>>Tech: Simple cooking, Simple crafting
>>Culture: Rather bland nothing yet.
>>what do you do?
>>((gm state::Satisfied that they managed to convince themselves to do this))
>>
>>1368867
>Create some spears
>>
>>1368884
seconded
>>
I'll wait roughly 10 minutes between each post and pick the answer with the most votes.
>>
After this, should we scout or gather material to build huts?
>>
Rolling for result.
>>
Dice+1d20
>>
>>1368925
Do you want us to roll best of three or just you? Also, dice+1d20 go in Options.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

derp.
>>
>>1368931 capitalized the d like an idiot.
yeah that seems like a better idea next time ill roll 3d20's

Your people set about grabbing various twigs and other sticks and things of the like on the ground. It's proving a bit difficult for them but you think there at least partially figuring it out.

Pop:25
Tech: Simple cooking, Simple crafting, Spear's 1/?
culture: Still bland.
>>
Food:sustainable
>>
>>1368951
>Build some basic housing
Whats the dice roll?
>>
>>1368966
Also, man its been ages since Ive played a civ game, I should do another one at some point
>>
>>1368966
Gonna be doing 3d20's ill be rolling em.
>>
>>1368951
>Build some basic housing
After this, I suggest basket weaving. Need places to carry our food.
>>
Rolled 3, 20, 7 = 30 (3d20)

Rolling.
>>
File: Faun homes.jpg (414KB, 600x392px) Image search: [Google]
Faun homes.jpg
414KB, 600x392px
Your people quickly get to work its starting to become the end of summer one would suppose and rather quickly your people seem to get the hang of building housing in fact. They do so well that everyone now owns a small stick hut for them and any family members they have! This appears to have made some of the faun's closer and a bit of bonds between people are starting to emerge wherein people do favor's for each other and do their best to take care of their bond partner's family. This has resulted in the faun's seemingly caring about one another more and a sense of community to be fostered. Your people seemed to also figure out the spears from working on the houses as well it seems though their simple just a pointy piece of wood.

Pop:25
Food:Sustainable
Tech: Simple cooking, simple crafting, Simple spear's. Small stick hut's
Culture: Bond's,Sense of community

The faun's truly have started to see this section of the forest as their home and are thinking of naming the forest and their small community.

Fall has arrived the leaves are turning motley assortments of different colors and a small chill has began.
>>What do you wish to name the forest?
>>what do you wish to call the community of faun's
>>Winter will come soon it is fall the faun's worry that the food may not be enough to last the winter...many faun's usually die from the winter.
>>What do you do?
>>
>>1369053
>Learn how fire works and build a fire pit
Also, I'm really bad at names, so I'll let someone else do the naming unless everyone else is also really bad at names
>>
>>1369062
Vote
>>
>>1369064
Vote on what?
>>
>>1369062
Fyi you already know how to make fire its part of simple cooking but you don't know how to make a fire pit yet so still a valid action.
>>
>>1369053
>Forest Name
Minglewood
I'm not that good with names.
>Faun Community Name
Kinboq
Maybe...
>Create a fire pits
>>
>>1369085
The Kinboq of the Minglewood
That works
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 1, 3, 3, 2, 5, 1, 3 = 21 (9d5)

Rolling for secret stuff.
Turn will come in a few minutes. maybe 10 or 20 more.
>>
Rolled 4, 2, 1, 14, 13, 12, 10, 2, 11 = 69 (9d14)

Rollling for more secret stuff :3 all I'm gonna say is that the last roll made this game interesting and I'm hoping this one does what I want.
>>
File: Kirby Scare.jpg (47KB, 388x455px) Image search: [Google]
Kirby Scare.jpg
47KB, 388x455px
>>1369167
>>1369140
I'm scared now.
>>
File: this is fine.jpg (116KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
this is fine.jpg
116KB, 1600x900px
>>1369167
Thats not worrying at all
Not at all
>>
>>1369070
Sorry, I misread that as an action
>>
Rolled 17, 20, 14 = 51 (3d20)

Heehehheh welp just to worry you more you will probably only find out what one of those rolls are soon. But that you will eventually find out all the roll's anyone who is smart enough could find out what I was rolling by looking around is all ill say. :3
>>
>>1369085
I like this
>>
File: VIllage grand fire pit..jpg (740KB, 1400x500px) Image search: [Google]
VIllage grand fire pit..jpg
740KB, 1400x500px
>>1369204
Ye lucky bastards and your 20's

The faun's all converse and after some speaking decide to name the forest Minglewood and their community Kinboq.

They quickly get to work on the constructions of fire pits............They go overboard. Every house has a firepit now. There is literally a pit in the center of town and it is pretty big. It burns with a strong and powerful heat. You have also figured out how to contain fire and make it portable via the means of torches. 10 children have been born! ALL PRAISE FIRE!

The Kinboq of the Minglewood.
>>Pop:35
>>Food: Growing a little strained due to population increase.
>>Tech:Simple cooking, Simple crafting, Simple spears. Small stick hut's, Indoor fire pits,Outdoor fire pits. Large firepit's.Torch's
>>Culture:Bond's, Sense of community, Love of fire,
>>Cultural Buildings: Grand Fire pit In center of community. Provides warmth and a central place to cook food around. It is the heart of the community already.

>>It is nearing the end of fall people are happy and cheerful that they can survive the cold. But some express concerns about food.
>>What do you do?
>>
>>1369254
>Go look for food
Nuts are important. They can last a long time.
>>
>>1369260
Seconded
>>
>>1369260
this
>>
Rolled 10, 16, 10 = 36 (3d20)

Welp I think the descision is pretty unanimous.
>>
The Kinboq faun's get to work heading out eagerly to search for food they climb trees scavenge about for berrys even manage to skewer some animals and bring a bit back home though most of it will spoil in some way you think it will at least get you through most of winter! Though the nuts you collected will certainly be able to get you through the end.

>>food:Satsisfactory.
>>Tech:Simple cooking, Simple crafting, Simple spears. Small stick hut's, Indoor fire pits,Outdoor fire pits. Large firepit's.Torch's
>>Cultural Buildings: Grand Fire pit In center of community. Provides warmth and a central place to cook food around. It is the heart of the community already.

>>winter has arrived a frost chilling the land as leaves fall off the world seems to grow...frightening..almost...dark...clunking can be heard strangely at times scraping..clicks...grinding? you...don't understand nesscariily what it is but it doesn't feel right.
>>What are you going to do?
>>
>>1369321
>Commune with the forest spirits
Or make some instruments. We're Fauns. We need music.
>>
>>1369335
>Commune with forest spirits
With the fact we have the trait "Love of Fire", we should commune with Fire Spirits
>>
Alright this is actually an important descion they will give you different advice on what to do here so pick one.
>>Fire spirits
>>Nature spirits.
There will be no role since the faun's can do this basic advice asking with little effort.
>>
>>1369374
>Nature spirits.
While I do want advice from the Fire spirits, we need to know what's prowling around here. I'm sure the Forest Spirits know.
>>
though nothing is stopping you from picking both I suppose.
>>
>>1369376
yeah thats fair, didnt read that bit in the main post, go with that
>>
>>1369384
Can we still do both? Having different advice will still help.
>>
>>1369391
Yes you may if you all are fine with tha :3
>>
>>1369374
Both. Get some variety of inputs. Initiate Congress.
>>
File: f50cae7f0c866ce6e64f94b310829a56.jpg (193KB, 692x1155px) Image search: [Google]
f50cae7f0c866ce6e64f94b310829a56.jpg
193KB, 692x1155px
Was getting sweet grilled cheese grub sorry for slowdown am back now.

The Kinboq decide to consult the spirits on this matter. First summoning the nature spirit's They stare at you all. And the fire....disapprovingly but not nesscarilly angrily. But when you ask them about the sounds...a cold fury seems to descend over their wooded faces. They almost scream in rage.
"THOSE FILTHY ABOMINATIONS!? They...desecrate the forest..with their mere existence give no quarter destroy them without hesistation." They quickly vanish back into the forest clearly upset.
>>Fire elemental advice incoming need to get pic for said post.
>>
The kinboq blink and think over what the nature spirits have said before heading to the great pit and seeking a commune with the fire spirits...they answer. They look around...approvingly almost proudly and many of the faun feel a warmth in their body's grow a small smile gracing their lip's. After the fire elemental is told it seems to flare up in glee.
"KIN! They are your kin wreathed and born from flame their very existeance due to it. My children I bessech you befriend your bretheren take no heed of the nature spirit's. Is it not I who have sheltered and protected you? Even while the nature spirits have let many of you freeze to death in the damnable winter months?

>>What do you do?
>>
>>1369525
>Make instruments
Oh, boy. Conflict of interest. I think it's Machines. let's hope we can find a way to solve this peacefully.
>>
>>1369543
Same, some friend-dude would be nice
>Make those instruments my boy
>>
Rolled 12, 15, 15 = 42 (3d20)

Rolling.
>>
The Kinboq quietly get to work at making a small set of instruments. It appears to be mainly wind instuments. Several hollow pieces of wood with small holes in different paces some put together some not. There rather simple but provide some nice clean note's. Some faun's are noticeably pleased by the music it seam's its soothing..and one person seems miraculously skilled at it! Strangely you feel as if there is something more that could be gained to it by gaining the favor of a spirit.

>>Tech:Simple cooking, Simple crafting, Simple spears. Small stick hut's, Indoor fire pits,Outdoor fire pits. Large firepit's.Torch's, Lightly magical wind instruments.
>>Culture:Bond's, Sense of community, Love of fire, Charming Music magic,Bard's

The sounds are getting louder it is the dead of winter now.
>>what do you do?
>>
>>1369640
>Practice using magic
We are adept at it.
>>
Mechines....wait a second... he rolled 9d5 and 9d14... The 9 and 5...I think I get what the secret roll is...If its correct, that means that he was rolling for the races, though I don't know what the second roll was for, maybe terrain? But there are 16 and not 14 bits of terrain, though, two terrains are probably inaccessible for most races so its possible

If my theory is correct, we have Dorfs, treants, constructs, lizardfolk, bolds, skaven, machines, slimes, and scorpionfolk, in other words another victory for logic and math

I'd say hi to the mechines if we can, fire and flame we are one.
>>
>>1369703
If we can try to make the machines...nature-friendly, I think that would be good. Like dress them up with grass and plants. Maybe use some nature magic to make them walking gardens though I guess we will need to convince them first.
>>
File: FIre robot..jpg (57KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
FIre robot..jpg
57KB, 600x599px
The Kinboq finally muster up the courage. Several of them along with the bard head outside the community holding some torches for warmth in this cold. It is at this point. The sounds grow louder. Something....lumbers forth two somethings. Large...giant almost roughly 9 or 10ft tall. one slim and one wide. The slim one is shiny and some kinda silver color with a kinda knightly style. While the other is much bigger width wise and....seems....to almost be glowing...some kinda fire? some kinda fire burning inside them? They both have strange splotches of some kinda reddish material all over them and parts of them seem ripped open or bent or even caved in. They stare the faun's down...but say nothing as if they were as shocked to see you as you are them.
((going to do another post to show what the other robot picture.))
>>
File: Rusted Machine elder Knight..jpg (118KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Rusted Machine elder Knight..jpg
118KB, 800x1000px
The Kinboq of the minglewood
>>Tech:Simple cooking, Simple crafting, Simple spears. Small stick hut's, Indoor fire pits,Outdoor fire pits. Large firepit's.Torch's, Lightly magical wind instruments.
>>What does the faun party do? Feel free to write a specific response if you choose.
>>
>>1369803
>Try to talk to them or at least find out if they understand us
>>
>Attempt communication, be it simply talking, or drawing things in the snow with a stick.
>>
The faun's begin to speak hesitantly towards the large unnatural beings who seem to focus on them. "Hello do you understand us?" The machines then stop and are quiet all humming or other sounds ceasing...then.

"BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" Loud and almost a roar for a few moments before a click..and a ding. They both speak their voices meshing together almost light...their voices sounding similar to your own....if a little strange.

"We in fact do. Hello we suppose. We are The Collective. We are machine's."
>>
>>1369909
>Where did you come from? Who...created you?
>>
>>1369947
This.

Also, Hilda, was my theory right?
>>
>>1370044
I"ll admit you are right and it was 14 because I dident want anyone in hell. And I messed up and miscounted. Machines would have been somewhere else. I moved em so you would have neighbor's.
>>
>>Where did you come from? Who...created you? The faun's bard asked quietly towards the machines of the collective. They quietly pointed into the tree's north. ".....6.....days that way. We do not know for these unit's. But many of the new unit's are created...via....our leader. What are you? May we head in..to your home?"
>>
>Yes
>No
>>
>>1370104
>"We are the Kinboq, Fauns who live in this Forest."
I can't decide yet. Can't we convince our Forest friends that they can be helpful to the Forest? Like how they are natural evolution of iron and they can be guardians against those who will destroy this land.
>>
>>1370110
Maybe drape them with plants and stuff.
>>
this will be it for the day tomorrow ill start again when I wake up.
Discord for game:https://discord.gg/72dHN78
>>
Suppose someone should archive this as well because the thread may sage soon am I correct?
>>
>>1370424
Thank you for running.
>>1370427
It can last another three plus days.
>>
>>1370447
Ah thanks I dident know that. Should hopefully have a map by tomorrow as well. Having a friend make it.
>>
Hello and welcome back ill be running again today so prepare for a post
>>
After a few minutes of more conversing the machine's look quietly over at the village and stare at it. Observing the giant pit of fire. The stick huts and something akin to a frown grows on the more damaged of the two robots. They then quietly give some pleasantry's before saying they'll be leaving but that they will be back by next winter.

It's now nearing the end of winter things are starting to thaw out water runs freely about places and the air is thick with moisture.
>>What do you do?

>>
>>1371392
>Diplomacy with the Machines
>>
>>1371392
>Make better instruments
Maybe make a shrine to the Forest spirits to calm them down.
>>
Just want everyone to know I dident bail been having a hard time ill continue in a hour or two when I get home.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.