[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rimworld Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 15

File: rimworld.jpg (306KB, 1536x960px) Image search: [Google]
rimworld.jpg
306KB, 1536x960px
Welcome to Rimworld Quest! A mostly improvised quest heavily inspired by Rimworld, a game by Tynan Sylvester.

To begin, vote on a scenario (starting difficulty).

>Slaves. You're a cargo of slaves on a repurposed supply barge, either captured or traded from various exotic planets. Your pirate captors have kept a tight leash on you with strict schedules, tight security and the fear of punishment.

>Soldiers. You're a mercenary crew of former soldiers on contract to provide security and other necessary services to a colony ship once landfall is made. The unit is in cryptosleep for the entire duration of the journey, running CQC neurosimulations.

>Rich Explorers. You're a small but well funded and well supplied expedition of curious scientists and entrepreneurs, eager to make landfall on an exotic, wild Rimworld in your advanced science vessel to learn all you can about the planet's flora, fauna and cultures.
>>
>>1350030
>>Rich Explorers. You're a small but well funded and well supplied expedition of curious scientists and entrepreneurs, eager to make landfall on an exotic, wild Rimworld in your advanced science vessel to learn all you can about the planet's flora, fauna and cultures.
I'm guessing this is the easiest option? If so, I'm going for this knowing how the difficulty of Rimworld gets.
>>
>>1350041
It's the nicest starting scenario, though things may change quickly.
>>
>>1350030
>Soldiers. You're a mercenary crew of former soldiers on contract to provide security and other necessary services to a colony ship once landfall is made. The unit is in cryptosleep for the entire duration of the journey, running CQC neurosimulations.

We don't need starting turrets.
>>
>>1350030
>Rich Explorers. You're a small but well funded and well supplied expedition of curious scientists and entrepreneurs, eager to make landfall on an exotic, wild Rimworld in your advanced science vessel to learn all you can about the planet's flora, fauna and cultures.
>>
>>1350030

Mo' money mo' problems
>>
File: tegaki.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
9KB, 400x400px
>>1350041
>>1350205
>>1350573
>>1350622
>tfw i wrote up both and still waiting for the tie to break

In the meantime, if you want to think of traits or backgrounds, general appearance and name for your starting character, you can start proposing those. The background would depend of course on which start we vote for.
>>
>>1350665
>>tfw i wrote up both and still waiting for the tie to break
Why not both? We have a combination of the two with them?
>>
>>1350679
Alright, I'm gonna go with this. They were all loosely tied to the fate of the same ship, so no problem writing them together. But this quest has a main character, and he/she is leading one of the groups, the scientists or the mercenaries.

So are you:

>The brilliant taxonomist of the science team, looking to catalog the planet's flora and fauna?

or

>Former space marine and current mercenary captain of three soldiers, forming part of a larger security detail for the colony ship?

And propose names, gender, general appearance, character traits, etc.
>>
>>1350751
Which one of these classes has more leadership than the other?
>>
>>1350798
They're both the leaders of their personal group, but other than no real difference, you will be the leader of the colony either way.
>>
>>1350837
>They're both the leaders of their personal group, but other than no real difference, you will be the leader of the colony either way.
Oh that's good, thanks for the info.
>>1350751
>>Former space marine and current mercenary captain of three soldiers, forming part of a larger security detail for the colony ship?
If we're going to be the leader of the colony, we're going to need to be one with a sharp eye for matters of security, considering the dangers that lurk on this planet.
>>
The colony ship name was launched from the glitterworld Al-Aghrub almost 3 centuries ago and had been steadily making its way on course to designated safe planet Monsus IV to establish a colony on its fertile soil. The ship was launched with a calculated 99.98% chance of success by the planetary AI and the approval of all the Grand Princes, and with it thousands seeking to join the great journey or profit from it. With almost everyone on board in cryptosleep for the long years the ship had to go without supply, the name had almost no defense when the mechanoids attacked. Their sleek silver ships smashed into the name's hull with their razor edges, panels sliding open to spew forth a storm of mechanical soldiers into the name.
>>
>>1350751
>And propose names, gender, general appearance, character traits, etc.
Character Traits: Should we be referring to the Rimworld Wiki for this?
General appearance: Someone who fits the description of our job
Names: I can't really think of any at the moment, I think I'll just pick one out of a random generator. Does Anon work?
>>
>>1350983
You awaken from cryptosleep naked and retching, the pod hissing and steaming with all the others as men shout all around and the blare of a ship's general quarters alert makes you almost regret being back amongst the living. You remember the horrors of war, however, and force yourself among 100 others forming a security team for the colony to gear up. Fighting the drowsiness, you...

>chug a go-juice and go look for your crew.
>no stimulants, not anymore. Shake it off and try to find the crew.
>>
>>1351047
>>no stimulants, not anymore. Shake it off and try to find the crew.
Addiction in a Rimworld isn't very good for us.
>>
>>1351047
>no stimulants, not anymore. Shake it off and try to find the crew.
>>
>>1351053
You're not that person anymore, and while others around you take their ration you hang onto yours to pass off to one of your crew. Kawada, the enormous SAW gunner, Bilya, the genial shotgun toting ex-con, and Tunudo, the vatgrown medic and rifleman. You could only find one.

>Tunudo
>Kawada
>Bilya
>>
>>1351079
>Tunudo, the vatgrown medic and rifleman.
>Tunudo
MEDIC, WE REQUIRE YOUR SERVICES!
>>
>>1351079
>Tunudo
>>
>>1351087
>>1351093
As the chaos around you grows and grows, you manage to find Tunudo, the poor ugly bastard, but always a good soldier and your right hand man. You hear someone shouting over the rest, trying to make himself heard, and spot a crowd gathering around him, mostly the platoon of marines stationed with the colony but a few mercenary groups as well. It seems someone's trying to rally you to fight the invaders that have successfully boarded the ship. At the same time, Tunudo confirms what you thought you'd heard in passing, that you're all awake because the ship is going down.

"They're gonna be on their way right now!" the wild haired maintenance man shouts from on top of a casket, "you need to fight! They'll kill us all! They're killing us-" his cry is cut short by the hiss of a laser that cuts through his neck, and then explosions rock your world and you black out.
>>
>>1351147
Tunudo's ugly mug is the sight that greets you. He dragged you to the edge of the cryptosleep chamber near a passage and roughly slaps you awake. "Chief! Get the fuck up, it's mechanoids! We have to go now!"

The cryptosleep chamber is sweltering, and the red glow of emergency power is dominated by the flickering glow of flames. Men shout and die across the room, the platoon of marines stationed to guard the colony no match for the miniguns and laser weapons. Tunudo confirms what you suspected, that you're awake because the ship was going down. If mechanoids were on board, it was inevitable.
>>
>>1351239
So are we supposed to do something or are we waiting for the prompt?
>>
>>1351429
did it die already?
>>
Hm...
>>
>>1351239
The two of you hurtle down the passageway, traversing steam leaks, smoke filled compartments, open flames and debris as you navigate your way through a ship failing catastrophically. You're forced into this direction or that by the explosions and collapses. You try to recall the ship's layout, but it's hard to map the centuries-old memory of a blueprint to the rapidly changing environment before you. The ship reverberates with her groans as her steel flesh bends, buckles and tears.

Dropping loudly out a service elevator shaft onto the next level, you hear a girl's cry for help. "Is someone out there!? Wait, WAIT, please, help us, please, anybody! We're trapped in here!" Tunudo points you toward a malfunctioning autodoor, along the passageway, its exposed circuitry sparking around the frame while its hydraulics creak ineffectually. Further down the corridor, you see a clear path to a ladderwell marked "Hangar Deck."

"Please, is anyone out there!?"

>You've never been one to turn your back on a cry for help. See what the two of you can do about the door.
>This isn't your concern, not anymore. Getting to the hangar deck before this tug breaks apart and dumps you into the open grave of space is.
>>
>>1353811
>You've never been one to turn your back on a cry for help. See what the two of you can do about the door.

Get some gloves and reattach the wires by tying them back together.
>>
I've started a pastebin for this, I'll post it later but here is some relevant info for now.

Colonists

Anon (Must be given a name), former space marine, mercenary leader

Equipment:
1x Assault Rifle
8x assault rifle magazines (30rd)
1x frag grenade
1x flashbang grenade
1x Pistol
2x pistol magazines (15rd)
1x Combat Knife
1x Go-Juice
Military fatigues
Combat Armor set

Known Traits: ???

Aaron Tunudo, vatgrown, combat medic

Equipment:
1x Assault Rifle
8x assault rifle magazines
1x frag grenade
1x smoke grenade
1x Pistol
2x pistol magazines
1x Combat Knife
4x medkit
Military fatigues
Combat Armor set

Known Traits: Ugly, Ascetic, Hard Worker
>>
>>1353855
Krieger
>>
>>1353867
Meticulous, athletic, adrenaline junkie.
>>
>>1353853
>>1353867
>>1353879
(Tunudo liked that)

They say innocence is the first casualty of war, and though yours is long gone, your honor is made of sterner stuff. You race up to the door, gritting your teeth as you realize the control panel is depowered. Meanwhile, Tunudo peers through the small crack in the door and grunts as he tries to pull the sliding doors apart manually.

A wide, frightened and piercing green eye presses itself against the crack, along with two sets of fingers that desperately close over Tunudo's. "Oh thank you, thank you so much!" the girl cries, "please don't leave us, my dad is hurt and everyone left us, I can't get him to wake up and now the door's busted!"

"Don't worry kid, we're gonna get you out of there," Tunudo grunts, but pushes his head to the door so she can't see his expression. He gives you a look and shakes his head, there's no way that door is opening manually. Another ominous rumble shakes the ship.

>You can't save everyone. Leave them to their fate and get to the hangar.
>Something's blocking the door, but hydraulic power might be enough to dislodge it and open the door anyway. Reconnecting the control panel to emergency power might work, but electric shock is almost a certainty for whoever has to do the job. (Someone reconnects the wiring, describe how it's done)
>To hell with the door, we'll use the grenades to make a hole. Tell the girl to get far away from the door. (1d100 DC 15 two grenades, DC 30 one grenade)
>Look for something nearby that might help you out. (specify what, 1d100 roll with difficulty check based on likelihood of that item actually being there)
>Take another option. (write-in proposal)
>>
>>1354528
>Something's blocking the door, but hydraulic power might be enough to dislodge it and open the door anyway. Reconnecting the control panel to emergency power might work, but electric shock is almost a certainty for whoever has to do the job. (Someone reconnects the wiring, describe how it's done)

Medic can revive us.

Fortunately, most wires are color coded, so for any exposed wires, strip the plastic/rubber covering away, then make it so the metal copper wires reconnect with the parts that are severed.

Turn off power at a service panel. If one is nearby. If none, then use a synthetic shirt or cloth to insulate our hands. Not ideal, but better than nothing.
>>
>>1354983
Alright, roll a 1d100 for Krieger, Tunudo is standing by with an uneasy grimace, having unpacked a variety of implements from one of the medkits.
>>
Rolled 95, 91 = 186 (2d100)

Alright I guess it doesn't actually matter right now but if you're reading roll anyway, I always take high rolls.
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>1355006
Rolling!
>>
Rolled 59 (1d100)

>>1355006
>>1355016
You just rolled for me lol.
>>
>>1355016
>>1355017
>>1355022

You work quickly while Tunudo assures the girl the two of you are doing what you can, she yells happily back into the room. You use your flashlight mount to follow power to the service panel, and shut off power to all the doors. It's difficult in the rocking ship, but you manage to get the wires coordinated in the red light and connect them. You dash back to the panel and restore power, Tunudo enters the override command, and the door screeches open. Racing back to Tunudo you bump fists, and join him and the trapped girl, and the three of you open the jammed door with assistance of hydraulic power.
>>
>>1355047
The two of you enter the room as the smoke clears, finding the girl lying next to a man who must be her father. She's crying with happiness, telling him the soldiers came and that they're going to be ok. The green jumpsuited old man forces his eyes open from a pained grimace and looks the two of you over as your approach. You return the gaze and see a large steel beam protruding up through his leg from beneath him, blood soaking his pant leg. It must have happened so quickly his skin sealed around the wound. The two of you narrowly missed similar fates in the gauntlet run so far. His breathing is hard, and the look in his eye is desperate. Everyone in the room seems to get it but the girl. When she realizes she's babbling over a sullen silence, she simply gapes and looks between the three of you. The old man speaks first.

"Please, take her," he begs, eyes wide. "No!" his daughter screams, "Daddy you're coming with us!" But the old man ignores her and the pain it takes to reach over and cling to your pant leg with an iron grip. "You're soldiers, you have to protect her, protect my Eithne! She is everything! Take her with you! Get her out of here and take her back home!"

"NO!" the girl screams, grabbing on to his arm and burying herself in his chest. "I can't lose you too." The ship lurches and throws you all to the floor, the old man hollers like a branded steer.

>Wrench her off the man and carry her off, now.
>Try to reason with the hysterical teenager.
>Pull the man off the beam, try to staunch his bleeding.
>The door's open, their fate is their own. Let's go.
>Write in option, anything goes.
>>
Rolled 72, 23, 25 = 120 (3d100)

Doing separate roll for something else...
>>
>>1355054
>Try and convince the man to stop being a wuss! We will save as much as we can, we were hired to protect!
>>
>>1355074
Ok, I'm gonna give that a DC 90 given the circumstances, but it could happen if the dice are hot. Anyone else reading is still welcome to make votes, I'll give a few minutes.
>>
>>1355084
What does DC stand for? The maximum roll for the action to succede?
>>
>>1355091
Minimum roll, so you'd need 91+ to convince this guy it isn't the end for him.
>>
Rolled 37 (1d100)

Harvest the vital organs
>>
>>1355128
Lol, if this vote wins it'll certainly set the tone for the colony. Bear in mind though that you have no way to preserve whatever organs you successfully harvest, and will have to use them quickly.
>>
Rolled 32 (1d100)

>>1355140

>>1355074 <---- Proceeding with this
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>1355167
>>1355128
Alright, writing this now unless anyone shows up and saves this poor old man and his daughter by voting for something else.

anyone, please

For those who did vote for it, give me another follow up 1d100, I'm rolling one as well.
>>
>>1355054
>>Pull the man off the beam, try to staunch his bleeding.
Is this the option that tries to save him?

I went away for a bit and suddenly we're harvesting organs?
>>
>>1355184
>>1355191
Should I roll a 1d100 to try saving him?
>>
>>1355194
Do it, I'm counting this as a roll and vote to save the old man, may your roll be blessed
>>
Rolled 24 (1d100)

>>1355054
>>1355191
>>1355199
Rolling for disaster first aid.
>>
No tiebreaker? I'm actually writing out both so I guess I could leave it open to a tiebreaker.

Unless one of you changes your vote?
>>
Rolled 50 (1d100)

>>1355054
>Write in option, anything goes.
Cut off his leg. and do a quick tourniquet, then lets go.
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>1355054
Try to do a amputation and lets roll
>>
>>1355948
>>1355496
>>1355201
>>1355167
Alright, writing... good suggestion immediately moving forward to an amputation.
>>
(Tunudo liked that.)

Your eyes dart between the two on the floor, Tunudo, and the door you opened. There has to be a way...

...and an idea comes to you. Eithne gasps as you drop to your knees over the old man with a combat knife, but allows you to cut away the pant leg. You're sure, that leg has to come off. Tunudo quickly undoes his belt and ties it above the wound, the man grits his teeth and crushes Eithne's trembling hands in his. Before you begin, you pass him your Go-Juice, which he gulps down gratefully.

Your knives are sharp but not meant for this work, and if not for the stimulants coursing into his bloodstream even as blood pours out of his leg, he would surely be unconscious. Instead he's sitting up, eyes wide open, hollering and swearing and raging as the two of you work through the flesh and bone of his thigh. You help wrap an unfolded bandana over the leg to stop any remnant bleeding just long enough to seal over the enormous wound with soldier glue. It'll need real treatment later on if he's to survive, but he won't bleed out now.

The four of you kneel there over the bloodied metal tile, sweating profusely, when you hear gunfire from the level below. You know the sound: the buzz of a centipede's mounted minigun, and answering it is the prattle of Kawada's SAW!
>>
Some new relevant information:

Eithne

Equipment: Green jumpsuit

Eithne's father

Known Traits: Slowpoke
>>
>>1356173
You're out the door, rifle in hand, as Tunudo helps the father onto Eithne's shoulder. "Get down to the hangar deck, we're going to secure a ship!" he shouts as he races after you. The path to the ladderwell going down to hangar deck is still clear, and you fly down the stairs, hoping in the back of your mind that the two civilians can follow. Every so often you hear a long minigun burst, and breathe in relief as the SAW answers back.

As you emerge into the hangar deck, you slow your pace. The hallway is dark, but your light reveals the bodies, blood, casings and damage all the way down the hallway. Tunudo catches up and covers you, the two of you following the noise echoing through the steel passages as best you can. Then you round the corner and see them.
>>
>>1356199
First around the corner are three civilians in sleek blue synthsuits: a tall, fit girl and a well built man, and a somewhat tubbier figure stumbling as fast as he can behind them. They hesitate for a second when they spot you running towards them, but keep running toward you. "The hatch!" the girl shouts at you authoritatively, "Get it open, now!" Surprised yourself, you look around until you spot the large metal hatch on the deck, then it hits you - the service ladder. Of course the main elevator would be out. Behind you, Eithne's father hops furiously to catch up, supported by both the bulkhead and his daughter. You're amazed he made it down the stairs, though you've seen crazier things with Go-Juice involved.

Then comes Bilya, old lucky Bilya, spotting you as he rounds the corner and shouting over the prattle of the SAW, "Haha, fuck me Kawada, it's the Chief himself here to whisk us away to the promised land himself! Get over here you fat bastard, I'm covering!" he leans around the corner, grenade ready.

"MOVING!" roars Kawada, sprinting around the corner and narrowly avoiding the blast. He's already halfway done replacing the hundred round magazine as he sprints after Bilya. "We don't have long! It's coming!"

Reaching the huge floor hatch sealing off the service ladder, you unbolt and lock it open with the help of Tunudo and the new civilians. "We have a way off of the ship," the girl, actually a lithe woman, explains tensely. "Get us down to the hangar bay and we'll get you down to the planet." A slight stairway leads to a railed ladder going down a chute lined with netting. It's a long way down, all the way to the bottom of the hangar itself.

>The centipede is rumbling down the passageway to round the corner. You need to decide who will fight the mechanoid to buy time, how they do so, and in which order everyone will try to descend the ladder.
>>
And here are some new relevant stats:

>Kentaro Kawada, former space marine, machine gun operator

Equipment:
1x SAW
3x machine gun drum magazine (100 rd)
1x frag grenade
1x smoke grenade
1x Pistol
2x pistol magazines
1x Combat Knife
Military fatigues
Combat Armor set

Known Traits: Bloodlust, Masochist, Strong

>Bilya the Lucky, ex-con, explosives expert

Equipment:
1x Combat Shotgun
37x shotgun shells
2x frag grenade
4x flashbang grenade
3x shaped charge
1x Pistol
2x pistol magazines
1x Combat Knife
2x smokeleaf joint
Military fatigues
Combat Armor set

Known Traits: Chemical Interest, Sanguine, Kind

>Janie, ???

Equipment:
Synthsuit

Known Traits: Pretty

>Victor, ???

Equipment:
Synthsuit

Known Traits:

>Sonny, ???

Equipment:
Synthsuit

Known Traits:
>>
>>1356221
Bilya is ordered to encamp shape charges around the corridor while Krieger covers her to set them up. Kawada and Tunodo will overwatch the civilians descending first, ensuring no Mechanoids bum-rush the hangar if Krieger and Bilya die.

(I absolutely LOVE Rimworld! Nice to see a quest like this!)
>>
Rolled 1, 26, 35, 52, 54, 72 = 240 (6d100)

>>1356250
Glad to have you on board! I'll give a few minutes for any other readers before writing. Roll 5d100 for rng in case no one else votes/proposes an idea.
>>
>>1356250
Also, could you be a bit more specific with the order in which everyone goes down? It may matter.

For example, first Victor, then Sonny, Eithne, Krieger, etc.
>>
Rolled 46, 24, 11, 51, 24 = 156 (5d100)

>>1356262

Eithne and her father will proceed first, considering she is a child with a injured person in tow.

After that Janie will go down first out of her bunch, since she seems to be the leader type of them all. Victor after, then Sonny last to proceed dowb since he is very slow compared to them.

Krieger and his retinue will attempt to pull out after the civilians once the shaped charges are set in place.
>>
>>1356310
>then Sonny last to proceed dowb since he is very slow compared to them.
Isn't it Eithne's father with the Slowpoke trait, who's also crippled now?

>>1353867
2nd, this name sounds fitting for our job.

>>1353879
>Meticulous, athletic, adrenaline junkie.
Are these traits from the game, a mod, or something made for Rimworld Quest?
>>
>>1356310
>>1356250
You hastily deliver your orders as everyone arrives at the ladder, the now significant number of you anxious to get ahead of the mechanical stomping approaching the far corner of the passageway. Kawada lies flush against the base of the large hatch, the SAW loaded. Bilya rushes forward, unpacking the first charge. You tune out the frantic shouting of the civilians making their way onto the ladder and stand behind the locked open hatch at Tunudo's side, rifles braced and ready. As Bilya lays down the second charge, the ship lurches, knocking him onto his stomach as the emergency lighting goes out. You hear a piercing scream from down ladder, but before you can turn around to check, you see it come around the corner.
>>
>>1356366
It's glowing red optic glares menacingly from down the passageway, and the rest of its silhouette lights up as everyone opens fire. In the strobing light of the muzzle flashes, you see everything as if in slow motion: Bilya crawling across dead workmens' bodies, the blinding flash of the spinning minigun obscuring the target, and the hulking silhouette of the centipede itself, stumbling forward through your suppression fire. Bullets bounce off the rumbling deck, overhead, bulkheads and locked hatch, one deflects off of your helmet and another sears your cheek as it passes. A smoke grenade explodes in the hallway, but the bullets just keep coming and you're forced to hunker down behind the hatch. Kawada is shouting so loud you can faintly hear him under the deafening BRRRRRRT of the minigun.

The bald pudgy man is looking at you from the first rungs of the ladder. "Hurry up, come on!" he mouths to you before heading down himself. The civilians are clear, it's just the four of you now. The hail of bullets continues to pour relentlessly, Tunudo has also been forced to hunker next to you. Kawada crawls over, the plasteel of his armor showing through the paint where bullets raked him over. He's also breathing hard, and coughs up a bit of blood, but gives you the thumbs up. The hallway finally goes dark as the centipede pauses, cycling another thousand rounds into its weapon. "BILYA!" you shout, daring to peer out into the darkness from behind your badly battered cover.

The minigun answers for Bilya, spinning up once again...
>>
>>1356422
But before the storm of lead can begin anew, Bilya shouts weakly. "Go! Go, it's over!"

The chained explosions blind and deafen you temporarily and hurl you flat on your back. Ears ringing, you sit up and shake your head. You see Kawada hip firing in full auto down the passageway, no doubt swearing in a frenzy. Tunudo is shaking his head and shouting into Kawada's ear, trying to pull the boulder of a man down ladder. Peering over the edge of the ruined hatch, you see the collapsed deck, the centipede half stuck in the burning wreck of the floor, its weapon trying to spin up but stalling out. Its plasteel shell is cracked, but its evil eye still glows red hot and remains fixed on the three of you.

No trace of Bilya the Lucky.

>Avenge your fallen companion, finish off this centipede while it's down. (how?)
>His death will not be in vain. Slap some sense into Kawada and get your men down ladder.
>>
>>1356475
>Its plasteel shell is cracked, but its evil eye still glows red hot and remains fixed on the three of you.
If we finish it off, will we stop the centipede from doing any other further damage on the ship or is it already incapacitated? How much of our gear do we have left?
>>
>>1356475
>Avenge your fallen companion, finish off this centipede while it's down. (how?)
Grenades, throw all the ones we have on us.
Didn't we set up shaped charges to blow up the advancing machines? Why didn't we set them off when they turned the corner?
>>
>>1356545
I think its only temporarily stuck, and the weapons jammed until it can be cleared. I say throw smoke, and frag grenades. Grab Kawada, leave behind the saw and anything we don't need, and get going.
>>
>>1356545
The ship is already catastrophically damaged, and falling apart as it is. The centipede is struggling to free itself from the collapsed floor, and its minigun was damaged in the blast, but its processing unit and sensors are hardly damaged at all.

As for gear, so far what's changed is:

>Krieger: -1 assault rifle mag, -1 Go-juice
>Tunudo: -1 medkit, -1 assault rifle mag, -1 smoke grenade
>Kawada: -1 machinegun drum mag
>Bilya: KIA, all gear lost

>>1356550
Bilya was moving up and deploying charges when the centipede attacked, and couldn't get away fast enough under the suppression fire to blow the charges without sacrificing himself. The explosion that disabled the centipede was him detonating every explosive he had on him as well as the charges.
>>
>>1356555
Actually ,we can probably keep the machine gun.

>>1356545
pick something.
>>
>>1356475
>>1356555
>>1356572
>>1356556
2nding covering our escape to bail. If the ship's already falling apart, then we shouldn't stay for any longer than we need to.
>>
>>1356619
Agreed. Bilya's sacrifice will nevet br forgotten, but we must continue on!
>>
>>1356619
>>1356572
>>1356555
"That's enough!" you shout, twisting Kawada by the shoulderpad to look at you. "Move your ass, let's go!" While Tunudo hooks his rifle to his tac vest, you take Kawada's smoke grenade and prime it while Kawada does the same with his own frag. The two of you let fly and follow everyone else down ladder, descending swiftly into the chute.

As you descend, the sounds of groaning metal and the centipede's angry mechanical chirps fade away, and the chute opens up to the hangar bay. It's a large, open area with a magnetic shield providing a clear view into space. And when you spare a glance downward, you can tell from the planet's swirling blue oceans that you aren't anywhere near Monsus IV. Not that you're particularly choosy about planets at this very moment.

You manage to make it down the ladder, where Eithne kneels by her father. "Unconscious, but alive," the bald civilian explains, and introduces himself as Sonny Bianchi. "He couldn't hold on and fell, we shouldn't move him." You notice that the other two are missing, and he explains that they're bringing their ride here.
>>
>>1356661
The three of you form a perimeter around the three civilians, and in short order an almost comical looking ship comes hovering over the other shuttles, thrusters firing wildly as it maneuvers precisely for a safe landing. The high stress of the whole situation since you woke up clears for just a moment as you watch your salvation arrive, then comes right back as you hear an ominous creaking from far above.

Looking up, you see a weakened structure of roof begin to crumble, and from far below you can just make out the struggle within the breach. "No fucking way," Tunudo groans. The centipede, struggling with all its might, crashes through the weakened overhead and hurtles down to the hangar bay, landing hard on its side. As your exit plan makes its landing, the damaged centipede brings an inferno cannon to bear, missing widely and engulfing another shuttle in flames. The door of the strange vessel slides open, a retractable silver bridge slides down from the portal. The other civilian man stands in the doorway, waving you over, "Come on! Get to the science vessel!"

Kawada hurls Eithne's father over his shoulder like a ragdoll, and everyone makes one last mad dash for the ramp. You stand inside the door providing suppression and make sure everyone gets inside before hollering, "Take off!"

"We're gonna make it! We're gonna make it!" shouts your pilot, frantically working the controls of the ship a hundred different alerts go off on the consoles around her.

>everyone roll 1d100, highest roll will be taken
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>1356712
Awwww shit! C'mon roll!
>>
>>1356712
>1d100
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>1356712
>>1356747
Forgot to roll.
>>
>>1356748
Well, that's unfortunate.
>>
>>1356749
You're fine, though you would have been anything but fine if he hadn't rolled >>1356720

Writing, rolls still welcome in the meantime if you think you can roll higher.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d100)

>>1356712
>>
>>1356769
>>1356748
Looks like we die.

I should have rolled on a even number
>>
Rolled 80 (1d100)

>>1356773
Test roll
>>
You tumble back onto your ass as the ship takes off, and find yourself startled by the change in scenery. You're in a warmly lit ovular room with soft pastel colored walls, smooth tiled flooring and the amenities of a small house. On the wall is stenciled Around you lie your men, Eithne, and Sonny, all breathing hard after your last exertion.

"We're gonna make it, we're gonna make it-" shouts the pilot, as another fireball explodes outside the ship. The ship rocks violently as the concussive blast nearly sends it crashing into a shuttle, but she quickly corrects course and before the next fireball explodes, you're out the magnetic lock and dropping into open space.
>>
>>1356782
Your pilot gives an order, "Icarus, exterior, on screen," and a holoscreen projects itself along the length of the cream colored wall, acting as a window to the outside. For a moment, everyone shuts up and marvels at the view.

On one side, a beautiful blue planet of swirling oceans, vast and dark jungles, and great arid plans and mountain ranges stretches endlessly before you, slowly growing larger.

On the other, the savage destruction of the Explorator, her carcass torn into three pieces, a silver mechanoid ship still stuck in one of them like a dagger in her back. Gouts of flame erupt from her wounds to lick at open space, debris fields hang like clouds all around, and you can see large chunks breaking away and becoming trapped in the planet's gravity.
>>
>>1356893
But there are immediate concerns at hand. Collecting yourself, you appraise your surroundings and crew.

Sonny is checking out Eithne's father, amateurishly checking his pulse and forehead. He says something to Eithne, who rushes off to fetch something. The father himself doesn't look too good, though it could be said that he's doing great given his circumstances.

Kawada is lying against the wall, having dragged his bloody self across the tile and removed his upper body armor. He's holding tight his side and the blood has soaked through, Tunudo is preparing a medkit to treat his injuries.

The other civilians are at the controls of the ship on a raised platform in the center of the room. You've saved each others' lives and you don't even know who they are, or what this ship is. The woman speaks quickly to her companion and to her monitors, pulling damage reports and giving orders.

>You have some time as you approach the planet below you. This is a good time to get to know your new companions, give orders or reassign people, ask questions, plan for the future, simply strike up a conversation, or do anything else you can think of.
>>
Current Colony Status
================

>****Krieger, former space marine, mercenary leader

Equipment:
1x Assault Rifle
7x assault rifle magazines (30rd)
1x frag grenade
1x flashbang grenade
1x Pistol
1x Combat Knife
Military fatigues
Combat Armor set

Known Traits: Meticulous, Athletic, Adrenaline Junkie

>Aaron Tunudo, vatgrown, combat medic

Equipment:
1x Assault Rifle
7x assault rifle magazines
1x frag grenade
1x Pistol
2x pistol magazines
1x Combat Knife
3x medkit
Military fatigues
Combat Armor set

Known Traits: Ugly, Ascetic, Hard Worker

>Kenzo Kawada, former space marine, machine gun operator

Equipment:
1x SAW
2x machine gun drum magazine (100 rd)
1x Pistol
2x pistol magazines
1x Combat Knife
Military fatigues
Combat Armor set

Known Traits: Bloodlust, Masochist, Strong

>Eithne, teenager

>Eithne's Father, ???

Traits: Slowpoke

>Janie, ???

Equipment:
1x Charged Pulse Pistol
Synthsuit

>Victor, ???

Equipment:
1x Charged Pulse Pistol
Synthsuit

>Sonny Bianchi, ???

Equipment:
Synthsuit

Known Traits: Fat
>>
>>1356906
Check out the cockpit, see where we are going.

Ask for any surviving crew or ships.

Check out the enemy threat, IDK how they attacked our ship, maybe they have a ship of their own.

Introduce ourselves, get to know a few things about them.

Find out how far we are to the planet, our ETA.

How far off course we are to were we were meant to go.

Go back to give some good news to doc, and help him with the wounded.

And try to get to know the rest of the crew.

Time skip to atmospheric entry into the planet, maybe do a scan if we can before we go in to find suitable landing spots to land.

If we are the first wave of colonists then one persons gonna die a slow death. We should see about trying to nab some floating cargo from the destroyed ship before landing.
>>
>>1356906
Learn the names of everyone we haven't gotten to learn yet, their traits, backgrounds, skills, and any info on where any other survivors might be landing. Check to see if we managed to get any more supplies from the shuttle. We'll have to get a peg-leg for Eithne's father once we land, but he's doing well all things considered.
>>
Oh, and I forgot to mention chapter rewards. Your competent assessment and execution of the autodoor fix improved repair skill (+1). Helping Tunudo perform a potentially life-saving procedure under high stress improved your medicine skill (+1).

That's the end of our first chapter, sorry if I've been an inconsistent QM so far! I'll answer any questions or spoiler requests about chapter one, what would have happened if this or that, etc. And of course tune in for chapter two, arrival on the rimworld, right here in this thread!
>>
>>1356952
Nice. What is our main characters skillset?
>>
>>1356955
Your tag skills are assigned by background and start high, they are Shooting 10 (Expert), Melee 8 (Professional), and Social 6 (Practitioner).

Everything else is some random low level and rises as you gain experience performing certain actions or doing a certain kind of labor. The higher level a skill, the harder it is to level that skill.

Other colonists have their skills too, but that you will also have to find out.

I also haven't forgotten to post the pastebin, but I still haven't separated mine from a version questers can look at.
>>
>>1356952
>>1356967
Are we landing on the intended planet or another one?

Is there anything on the planet below or are we pretty much boned in terms of supplies?

What attacked us? Were they from a organic race, or are they a mechanical sentient "species"?
>>
>>1356977
Your intended destination was Monsus IV, a scouted world deemed, "wild, but tameable." The planet you're descending onto is not Monsus IV. You have no idea where in the universe you are, or how safe the world below you will be.

The planet below definitely supports life, but your situation will depend on where you land and your luck.

http://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Mechanoid

Mechanoids are basically autonomous fighting machines, tough as hell, and, as far as you know, only employed en masse by the navies of advanced glitterworlds. You have no idea who attacked the Explorator, or why, though you could make it a goal to find out.
>>
>>1356977
Centipedes are boss-level Mechanoid enemies from the Rimworld game, they're a bit spoilerish if you haven't played the game yet to be surprised by their danger.
>>
>>1357014
I have not. So overkill is the name of the game for these "silver fish".
>>
>>1357021
More or less. You'll have to bring everything you've got against enemies like these if you don't want to lose a large chunk of your colonists or colony in the process.
An apt comparison would be from Centipedes and Mechanoids in general to a bunch of Terminators.
There are ways to fight on even footing with them, but at that point you're pretty much as dangerous as them.
>>
>>1357030
Well instead of frag grenades, we need anti-tank grenades and shaped charges then.
>>
>>1356931
>>1356938
The bridge, as it were, is just a short, circular platform in the center of the room with wrap-around console serving as the ship's controls. It's about time you gathered some intel and stopped stumbling through this situation blindly.

"Hey, the name's Krieger, those are are my men, Tunudo and Kawada," you say, approaching the unknown man and woman. "Thanks for the extract back there."

"Janie Hsiao, Hsiao Interplanetary," the pilot replies tersely, eyes never leaving the monitors. "Mission commander."

"Victor Ross," the man says, offering his hand to shake. "taxonomist. And over there's our mechanical expert, Sonny Bianchi. So..." he looks uncomfortable. "Bilya didn't make it?"

Your stern expression tells all. "I'm sorry, he was a brave man. We wouldn't even have made it as far as we did without your friends." Victor says uncomfortably, not sure what else he can add. Janie breaks the silence.

"Look, I don't mean to be rude, but we can mourn him properly and get to know each other better once we're in the clear, and we're not." She lowers her voice, directing your attention to this display and that. The explosion that rocked the Icarus didn't end up doing any system damage, but it did do significant damage to the hull and some exterior modules. Victor explains that the SV-1 Icarus was rated for atmospheric entry, but not exactly under these conditions. Unfortunately, it'll be impossible to get outside for repairs until you've landed, and there's no telling what kind of damage the vessel will sustain before then. You're in the planet's orbit now, drifting toward the surface and estimated to enter the atmosphere in 15 minutes.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (10KB, 300x245px) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
10KB, 300x245px
Bilya must be canonized. All future generations of the Colony must know of him duely sacrificing himself for innocents, despite being an ex-con. The meaning behind his act is timeless.
>>
>>1358532
You look back around the room at the holoscreen displaying the fast-fading Explorator, watching for any sign of pursuit or other survivors. You doubt in the first place that the mechanoids would clamber back into their boarding ships to chase small prey, but you do see modules continuing to break off of the colony ship, and see a pixel that might have been an escape pod or just your imagination.

Rubbing your eyes, you turn back to the two. "Alright, any idea where exactly we might be?"

Janie frowns, shaking her head. "Not a clue. According to Icarus we aren't on course to Monsus IV, or anywhere remotely close to where we should be. And this planet isn't in any of our records."

Thanking them again, you turn back to the other survivors. "ETA 15 minutes, we don't know shit else. Be ready for anything boys. Kawada, how're you feeling?"

"I'm doing fucking great, boss" he grins, "how 'bout you?"

"Tunudo, how is he actually?"

The vatgrown finishes bandaging his patient, wiping the sweat off his brow as he sits back. "Not bad, considering. 4 wounds, everything dug out, stitched, and bandaged, but he should take it easy for awhile. Not that I expect we'll get the chance," he adds, balefully eyeing the approaching planet.

"This day isn't over yet," Kawada agrees, eyes narrowing.
>>
Rolled 83 (1d100)

>>1358647
Eithne returns to the main room then, carrying a large pouch of water which begins making the rounds. After quenching your thirst, you check on Eithne, who properly introduces herself as Eithne Muir. Her father, gardener Jacob Muir, isn't doing so well according to Sonny, who opens one eyelid to reveal blood filling the eye and a heavily dilated pupil. "Isn't there anything you can do for him?" Eithne begs Tunudo, who doesn't look her in the eyes.

"I'm sorry kid, I'm just a medic, not a doctor. All we can do for now is keep him safe and comfortable, and hope he wakes up. Until then there's no telling the extent of his injuries," he apologizes, tapping his cranium.

"O-oh... alright, thanks..." she mumbles, understanding perfectly. She collapses to her knees by her father's side, placing his hand in her own.

Janie announces five minutes, giving orders to everyone to secure loose items, move the injured, and brace for entry.
>>
File: 20170411152856_1.jpg (249KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
20170411152856_1.jpg
249KB, 1920x1018px
>>1358679
You move up to the bridge as the explorer begins to rumble violently, taking a place by Janie and Victor. All eyes are glued to the holo-port, watching the intense flames lick the surface of your shuttle. A loud, insistent warning begins to blare on one monitor, as red indications flare up on another displaying the ship status.

"Fire in the hull breach! We're losing integrity!"

"Solar panels three and four are gone!"

"Fuel line to thruster four is compromised!"

Janie and Victor scramble over the consoles, initiating emergency procedures and isolating systems. You clench your teeth and brace for shock, but just as suddenly as the turbulence began, it stops, and you feel your stomach lift as you enter freefall. The clouds break before you as you hurtle through them at terminal velocity, and suddenly you can see it all much more clearly.
>>
File: 20170411154020_1.jpg (235KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
20170411154020_1.jpg
235KB, 1920x1018px
>>1358720
dark green is tropical rainforest/jungle, light green is temperate forest, light brown is desert or extreme desert, medium brown is arid shrubland, bumps are mountainous or hilly zones, dark bumps are impassable mountain ranges, blue is ocean

>Thrusters are mostly operational, and you can suggest heading for a specific landing site as you approach the planet. Just mark a spot on the map, and roll 3d100, DC will be dependent on distance from the current trajectory and suitability of the landing site.
>>
File: 1491950522306.jpg (299KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1491950522306.jpg
299KB, 1920x1018px
Rolled 23, 49, 99 = 171 (3d100)

Not sure, honestly. This spot looks good enough. Temperate Forest that should provide us with enough wood, and what seems to be freshwater, if we need it. Close enough to a desert if we need rocks or some other material there.
>>
Rolled 48, 34, 76 = 158 (3d100)

>>1358733
okay lets go with this>>1359425
>>
Rolled 16, 68, 95 = 179 (3d100)

>>1358733
>>1359425
3rd, sounds like a pretty good location for reaching other biomes for additional resources. Plus, the relatively mountainous ranges and proximity to natural barriers makes it seem like it'd be easier to defend from incursions.
>>
>>1356906
Can I just say I think your writing is really cool?
I just wanted to say that.
>>
>>1356967
Question: Will you be making up your own weird alien life for the plant, where as the game settles on normal earth animals? Or naw?
>>
File: 20170412113341_1.jpg (277KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
20170412113341_1.jpg
277KB, 1920x1018px
>>1359425
>>1359853
>>1359882
>>1359425
Using a third of currently accessible fuel, you keep your course pointed toward your chosen landing site as best you can. Janie keeps the holo-port moving around the main room wall and its tiled floor as the ship reorients itself, and your people relax as the explorer stabilizes, marveling at the sights beneath them in spite of all that's happened. For the spacer Eithne, this is the first time even seeing a planet so close, but none of you have seen such a beautiful sight as the wild and uncivilized world passing quickly below you.

On the monitor, the scanners have been active and plotted large ship part crash sites along the route of your descent. But more importantly, on your way down you realize that the coordinates you chose weren't far from what looks like a primitive village built into the hills! From your birds' eye view you see the village's inhabitants scrambling like ants below, no doubt having spotted the Icarus on your flyover. Victor babbles excitedly about the possible implications to anyone in earshot, already excited to make contact with the natives.
>>
>>1360921
Oi boy here we go! Let's hope they aren't tribals that are super pissed at our arrival and instead are rather happy to be friends we could always use the extra hands if we trade some good medicine and build good relations with them.
>>
File: I feel it.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
I feel it.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>1360921
QM has returned. Wonderful.
>>
File: 20170412123959_1.jpg (658KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
20170412123959_1.jpg
658KB, 1920x1018px
>>1360921
And at last, after Janie manages a shaky landing with a disabled thruster, the Icarus makes landfall on a new world. For a moment, not a word is spoken - over the dying hum of the engines, you can hear the cries of birds, and the sounds of nature. Then Janie breaks the spell.

"Sonny, with me, gear up. Victor, you're on the bridge," she orders, before disappearing into one of the secondary pods through an autodoor. Victor moves the holo-port around the explorer's interior, capturing a 360 degree view of your immediate surroundings that you and Victor analyze on the monitor. "There, look!" he says, pointing at a small herd of large, shaggy, white-haired beasts barely hidden by some foliage. "There's nothing like that in any of our records!" What concerns you more however is what you don't see, what could be out there watching you at this very moment.
>>
>>1360942
We'll just see...

>>1359959
>>1359960
>>1360953
Welcome! Thanks, and to answer your question there will be species native to earth, and alien species both from Rimworld and from its many mods. And whatever else I come up with.

And to anyone else following rwq, I want to say this is a reminder, but it was never mentioned in the first place. So PSA instead, don't feel like you guys have to wait for a prompt from the QM to ask someone a question, say something to someone, propose an action, check something you feel is suspicious, start a vote, etc. I'll consider pretty much anything because this is a low speed quest, and I will sometimes write a bit longer without a prompt like >>1360921
>>1360980
>>
>>1360980
>That starting area
Actually quite beautiful. Nice.
>>
>>1360996
>>1360997
Indeed.
This pod is also much larger than I expected.
>>
>>1360980
>>1360996
>>1360921
Some stuff to do before we step foot outside and start actually being Rimworld:

>Start an archive, listing discoveries, both floral and faunal, artifacts, and details about the ship attack that we picked up (and from our 'crew'. Or colony now I guess.
>Do a check on all our supplies. That includes anything scuttlable (useless parts of the ship that we can't use anymore or are broken.)
>Check our tools and weapons (I am aware Rimworld has colonists use 'invisible omnitools' but I wasn't sure you were gonna do that)
>Finally, let's ask around, and see what people's useful abilities and skills might be. Anything they know about themselves is helpful for what's coming next.
>>
>>1360996
>>1361008
Should also set about getting some quick prefab homes set up with some choke points at various points around the camp in case of attack. Establish base and the like as well. Most likely need to set up a storage room as well and see what all needs fixed on the shuttle.
>>
>>1361038
Oh for sure. If we're talking about blueprints for a base I feel like our focus should be:
>A bunk house, to shelter us all (including a medical spot for our injuried father
>A storage room, to keep stuff from falling apart
>And a low wall meant for cover. Something better than just trees would be nice.

That sound good to anyone else?
>>
>>1360980
Victor is at the bridge, busily making a note of each species he spots. Eithne is next to him, almost as excited and asking questions which he happily answers.

Kawada and Tunudo are by the door, locked, loaded and looking like a couple of jarheads ready to deploy and kick ass.

Jacob lies on the sofa, unmoving.

Sonny and Janie return from their rooms, sporting synthread jackets over their synthsuits and charge pistols on their belts. Sonny hefts a heavy box of tools.

"Alright, we're heading out to make an assessment and get started on any repairs we can make," Sonny announces. "Now I'm fat and Daddy's little princess over here isn't gonna lift a finger except to supervise." Janie merely shrugs. "So how's about one of you fine soldiers grab the scrap from my shop and haul it out here?"

>Send Tunudo.
>Go yourself.
>Have Eithne pull her weight.

You realize also that someone needs to stand watch while the work gets done. Victor has eyes on the bridge, but eyes alone aren't going to stop a leaping tiger or angry aboriginal.

>Decide who is going to stand armed guard duty.
>>
>>1361073
Do you have the pastebin of our stats ready? Or should I just ask?

Either way, I think we should figure out who has the best shooting, and who has the best...uh. 'lifting'. Or is the fastest, that is.

And as much as I wanna tell Eithne to pull her weight...I mean. A. It might upset her. But more importantly B. it might upset the others. And we wanna maintain a healthy relationship with people if we can.
>>
>>1361073
We'll haul it our self, though we should get Tunudo to stand watch just in case.
>>
File: CapsuleSpaceship3.png (459KB, 1018x568px) Image search: [Google]
CapsuleSpaceship3.png
459KB, 1018x568px
I'll be back to continue after a meal

>>1361005
It's about as small as I could make it, don't take it as a 1:1 ratio but it is somewhat large. Think just enough space that it's cozy instead of cramped. For the aesthetic picture one of these capsule ships from dragonball, with more pods.

>>1361008
Victor will happily perform the archival of flora and fauna on his own if his needs are met and has no higher priority task.

You make a mental note to give everyone a directive to start writing down their memories and experiences since the attack in a log, as well as a self-assessment of their skills.

A full list of supplies would be found easily in the ship's manifest, which you'll have to wait on the QM to access.

Your known inventory is in the pastebin which will be ready soon.

>>1361087
I'll post a colony update after this post, but as for the best shot, you and Tunudo are on just about even footing, Kawada's good too but marksmanship isn't his role. Kawada is easily the strongest but injured in the upper body, you yourself are athletic.
>>
>>1361134
>Picture a dragonball pod
In all honesty, those things were weirdly comfortable, if Goku's trip to Namik says anything. but I get what you mean.

>We are athletic
Alright that sounds good then.
I agree with this >>1361131
We'll get it done faster and Tunudo is a great shot to keep watch. Assuming he doesn't need to do medical work.
>>
>>1361131
>>1361160
You doubt Eithne could be of much use hauling metal, and volunteer yourself to help the repair team. You set your rifle and other cumbersome gear aside with Kawada, who sets his SAW up by the door, "just in case." In Sonny's workshop you find a pile of sheet metal, careful not to stumble as you haul one of the heavy pieces into the open air and down the telescoping ramp.

Tunudo, Janie and Sonny are already outside. Janie stands in the tall grass, shading her eyes with her hands as she looks up at the smoldering, smoking upper half of the Icarus. Tunudo is walking a perimeter around the explorer, pausing to scan every so often and giving any wildlife a wide berth.

You and Sonny begin working around the ship, patching hull damage with the arc welder and replacing burnt out components in the isolated thruster. He has an eye for solutions, and between pointing out the function of this or that, rambles on about the many uncommon uses of a hammer.

>+1 construction

Janie stands by to help with the odd task, but mostly shades herself from the powerful midday sun, staring up into space or across the landscape. Your stomachs begin to grumble as you work and you realize you haven't had a proper meal in over 300 years, laughing at the thought. It seems to hit everyone at once, as Victor and Eithne emerge from the ship with trays of water and packaged survival meals, and a large fire blanket.

"Victor and I were getting hungry, and we realized no one else has eaten either. I thought we could all sit down and have a picnic! Isn't it amazing out here?" she marvels, grinning from ear to ear.

>It's a beautiful day to be alive. Allow and join the picnic.
>It's a beautiful day to stay alive. Take your meals but forbid the picnic, send her back to the ship with Victor.
>>
>>1361404
This one's a bit of a hard one, but...
I honestly think we should warn them that as beautiful as this place is, it is an alien world. Complete with natives that we saw-and know saw us.

There will be days for picnics, don't worry. Preferably when we have some defenses set up, and don't have several wounded with us.
>>
>>1361404
>It's a beautiful day to be alive. Allow and join the picnic.
Just make sure that someone is on guard is all they can eat but they have to have weapon nearby just in case.
>>
>>1361437
>>1361517
>tfw you're thankful to have enough readers to have tied votes
>but you have tied votes

I'll leave it a little longer, and see if anyone else drops by. Question for any readers though, how do you feel about the low speed of rimworld quest? Is it enough to have a couple updates/votes a day?
>>
>>1361437
>>1361541
Eh, I feel like we aren't going to get jumped if we just have a meal outside, just make sure we have someone whose guarding while everyone eats. If it will settle your mind thenjust have one not eat with his weapons at the ready if you want?

As for speed, its cool having a period of voting through out the day would work though it will amke the quest drag on, but hey that's what happenswhen the board is low yanno>
>>
>>1361541
If need be I will concede my vote to >>1361517
as the only reason I am worried is paranoia.

As for the question: I feel like I could follow this for a while, because I really like your writing style and I also dig Rimworld or any colony sim honestly. I can just keep it open on my dash and respond whenever I see an update, if Im not at work or asleep, so I don't mind at all.

Hope that helps out.
>>
>>1361558
Yeah like I said, if you feel it is safe, then I'll concede. I'm just being paranoid. Probably.
>>
>>1361572
Alright, going with your half measure, unless someone actually does tip the vote
>>
Oh hell, it is a beautiful day to be alive. Everyone comes out to enjoy the day, Tunudo staying out on watch as you set down on the blanket. The packaged survival meals taste as hot and fresh as they did when they were sealed in centuries ago, and there's something you can't describe, a feeling you get eating out here, in the warm glow of the sun, that just feels right. It's surreal how comfortable you can feel in a situation like this, having just hours ago woken on the ship now visible in three great pieces on the horizon, trapped in the orbit of your new, untamed world. Kawada proposes a toast to Bilya, to which everyone eagerly raises their water pouch and drinks. Eithne shivers as she thinks back to her experiences. Stories are exchanged between the soldiers, and you learn how Kawada and Bilya caught two scythers having pinned the scientists and saved them, only to run into the centipede that had been guarding hangar access. You yourself shudder as you recall the fight in the darkness, the unstoppable advance of the glowing red eye, the blast of the minigun drowning all other sound. Tunudo startles you out of your recollection.

"Orders, chief!?" he shouts, his rifle at the ready. You turn to face the threat.

It's one of those large, white haired wooly beasts you saw in the explorer. It's ambling toward your group with intent.

>Engage!
>Stand fast...
>Stand down, keep up the good work buddy.
>>
>>1361718
Oh, also

"Aw, how cute!" Eithne squeals. She reaches out toward the creature, with a fork full of food in the other hand. Victor scribbles furiously in his notepad as he watches, transfixed. Kawada draws his pistol, as does Janie.

>Eithne, sit down and don't do anything stupid.
>Allow her to make contact with the alien and do whatever she's about to do.
>>
>>1361718
>>1361750
>Stand down, but at the ready, watch the rear in case its a distraction....

>Eithne, sit down and don't do anything stupid.
try and mirror its moves and nothing sudden or too touchy.
>>
>>1361718
>>1361750
Hm...well, I won't metagame here, and treat it as we should treat any alien we dont understand.

>Stand ready, Tunudo. We dont know what that thing is, or can do. Even if it does look harmless.
>Back up, Eithne. We don't know what it'll do.
>Victor, you got anything from what you've seen so far? They look kinda like...buffalo. Or bison maybe.
>>
>>1361768
this works for me
>>
>>1361764
>>1361768
"Stand fast, Tunudo. Eithne, back up, sit down. Dr. Ross, what do you know about these things? They look kinda like...buffalo. Or bison maybe." Eithne sits back down, put out, and Victor tells you he's been observing this species, and that it isn't any species he knows of.

"But it is definitely herbivorous and a herd animal, seeming to thrive out here in spite of appearing to be poorly adapted to the local climate. Judging by the fact that the male of this herd seemed to have long horns, it can be assumed that a lot of their behaviors should line up with those of, well, yes, I suppose buffalo would be an adequa-"

The calf has wandered closer and closer as Victor went on, and now sits happily in the grass next to you. It yawns cutely and you swear the thing grins at you from beneath its wool.

"It's a muffalo!" Eithne chimes in.

"No other contacts in sight!" Tunudo reports, checking all around. Kawada has his pistol in hand, but watches with intense curiosity. Janie and Sonny seem suddenly amused by the intensity of the whole situation.

>Chase it away, get it out of here. An animal's an animal.
>Pet the thing, allow it to stay.
>Pet the thing. Feed the thing.
>Give it a bullet to the head, we'll use every part of this beast.
>>
>>1361915
Wow, what a run of good luck.
>It is like a buffalo.
So we should be okay, as long as we avoid the alpha, and the herd during mating season.

>Muffalo. Ha. Cute name. I think it fits.
Then we can feed it a little. It seems pretty friendly. Maybe it'll be our buddy while we're here.
>>
>>1361915
DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS!
>>
>>1361915
Not on a rampage, yet to look out for any of its memebrs that might take exception to us
>>
>>1361924
You allow the "muffalo" to stay, breaking the tension by hesitantly feeding it a bite of food, which it happily holds in its mouth before letting it dribble out of its mouth a few seconds later. The name sticks, and the muffalo sits as the picnic continues on. Eithne, Sonny and Janie all kneel in the grass around it, playing with its soft, silky fur. Kawada finishes his story, adding in, of course, the hundred other scythers he and Bilya took out before finding all of you. Eithne is hesitant at first, but tells the story of life as a spacer, of the fear as the mechanoids swept through her home, killing everyone. Of how she and her father had joined the other civilians heading for the shuttles or escape pods while a group of heroes went to help the ship's AI rescue as many passengers as possible. How the mechanoids had ambushed the civilians and scattered or trapped them, and of the panic of being alone in the darkness with no one left to help. Victor, Sonny and Janie tell you all a little about who they are: the crew of the Icarus, on a mission to be the first scientific team on the surface of Monsus IV, discovering and cataloging all the world's yet unknown species. Victor is here as the expert, Janie is here for the prestige, and Sonny is here because he's indebted to her father, the head of the Hsiao dynasty. Only now, of course, you're out here, and nobody knows where you are.
>>
>>1361950
>DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS!
What happens if we feed it?
>>1361924
>So we should be okay, as long as we avoid the alpha, and the herd during mating season.
Thanks for the info.

>>1361915
>Continue to observe it for a bit, if it proves to be as docile as a buffalo, pet the thing but keep it away from getting too close to the pod.
>>
>>1361915
As you listen, you hear Tunudo yell again. "Oh shit, what the fuc- contact! Chief, orders!?"

You turn and look down Tunudo's line of fire and there, maybe fifty meters out in the tall grass, you see it. Him.

A tall, dark skinned native, bare chested and maybe naked below the grass, painted across his face and chest with white and blue paint, or chalk. His hair is wild and he's walking swiftly toward your camp.

"Orders!"

Upon seeing that he has your attention, he quickens his pace and starts shouting words you can't understand, waving wildly at your group.

"Who is he? What's wrong with him?" Eithne whimpers.

>Orders?
>>
>>1361998
Oh, and roll 1d100 as well. [/spoiler]If you guys would rather have options to select from just say so and I'll think of something[/spoiler]
>>
>>1361998
>Stand on guard and move to cover, we don't know if they're initially hostile or not.
>Get the civilians closer to cover or to the pod, it might not be safe here and he might not be the only one.
>If Victor wants, he can stay and try translating for us or something. He should stay in cover though.
>Try using some universal signs of language to communicate with, like the peace sign or waving back. Try speaking in our native language on the off-chance they actually share the same language.

>>1362011
>If you guys would rather have options to select from just say so and I'll think of something
Some general options would help us to get our bearings on. Normally I wait for someone to provide a suggestion to then work on.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d100)

>>1362011
>>1361998
Quick, assess him for weapons and possible threat!
Get everyone to back up, and point our guns. Just to be threatening.

If he's not armed, then try and communicate. Maybe get someone that knows ANYTHING about linguistics over here. If we don't have any, try and order the man to stay back and see what he does. We dont want no trouble, I'd really like not to shoot him if I can help it.

>Options
Hm...I mean, its always helpful. To give us an idea of what you expect us to do/what is reasonable. But you dont have to.

HAving a prompt at all is helpful for knowing when you are waiting for us though.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d100)

>>1361998
>>1362011
shove the muffalo towards the guy
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>1361998
>>1362041
>>1362058
Amending my post with offer someone who knows the most about linguistics to stay, or Victor if nobody does. Trying to do a quick scan of the area and assessing the native also sounds good.
Our goal is to not try to make more enemies than we need to, because dealing with war when we should be rescuing more survivors will be an utter pain to deal with.

>>1362058
>HAving a prompt at all is helpful for knowing when you are waiting for us though.
Indeed.
>>
>>1362070
>>1362068
>>1362058
>>1362041
"Stand fast Tunudo, Kawada, get everyone together and ready to bug out, Victor, get up here and try to talk to this guy!"

"Uhh, I don't know, I-"

"Get up here!"

He's jogging briskly now, waving one arm in the air and keeping one below the grass, waving as if greeting and sporting a large grin. The muffalo suddenly bleats and shuffles off as quickly as its legs can carry it. Behind you Kawada, Janie, Sonny and Eithne are watching, ready to go with their weapons out. "H-hello!" Victor calls out to the shouting wildman, arms up and palms facing out. "Uuh, please, slow down!"

"Is that the best you've got, egghead?!" Tunudo barks. "Chief, I gotta know, if you need me to shoot I gotta know now!"

"Chief! Movement in the trees!" Kawada shouts, and you turn on the spot to see that indeed a large group of similarly undressed tribals are moving amongst the bushes and trees another 50 meters out, you can't tell how many. 20? 30? Seeing their subterfuge blown, they tear out of hiding and charge out towards you!

>Tunudo, take him down! Everyone to the ship! Weapons free, stay on me! (try to get back to the ship)
>Kawada, get the civilians to the ship, Tunudo, Victor, with me now, let's go! (draw your pistol, find a position and fight the tribals)
>Hold your fire! Everyone, circle up! Weapons ready, hold your fire!
>Everyone to the ship now, don't shoot unless they attack! Go!
>Kill them all! (strike first)
>Write in anything else you've got.
>>
>>1362179
>20? 30? Seeing their subterfuge blown, they tear out of hiding and charge out towards you!
Fug. I'm going to wait for another anon to bounce some ideas out of because I didn't expect a massive raid as soon as we landed.
>>
Colonists
=========
>***Krieger, former space marine, mercenary leader
Equipment:
1x frag grenade
1x flashbang grenade
1x Pistol
1x Combat Knife
Military fatigues
Combat Armor set (Helmet, Upper body armor, elbow+knee pads, boots, gloves, tac vest)

Traits: Meticulous, Athletic, Adrenaline Junkie

Skills: Shooting, Melee, Social

>Aaron Tunudo, vatgrown, combat medic
Equipment:
1x Assault Rifle
7x assault rifle magazines
1x frag grenade
1x Pistol
2x pistol magazines
1x Combat Knife
2x medkit
Military fatigues
Combat Armor set

Traits: Ugly, Ascetic, Hard Worker

Skills: Shooting, Melee, Medicine

>Kentaro Kawada, former space marine, machine gun operator
Equipment:
1x Pistol
2x pistol magazines
1x Combat Knife
Military fatigues

Traits: Bloodlust, Masochist, Strong

Skills: Shooting, Melee, Crafting

>Janie Hsiao, expedition leader
Equipment:
1x Charged Pulse Pistol
Synthsuit
Synthread Jacket

Known Skills: Social

>Victor Ross, taxonomist
Equipment:
1x Charged Pulse Pistol
Synthsuit
Synthread Jacket

Known Traits:

Known Skills: Research, Animals, Growing

Sonny Bianchi, mechanical expert
Equipment:
1x Charged Pulse Pistol
Work Tools
Synthsuit
Synthread Jacket

Known Traits: Fat

Skills: Crafting, Construction

>Eithne Muir, spacer, teenager
Equipment:
Green jumpsuit

Known Traits: Naive

Known Skills:

>Jacob Muir, spacer, gardener
Equipment:
Green jumpsuit

Known Traits:

Known Skills: Growing
>>
>>1362179
We still haven't seen any form of weapon or attack, yet right? It seems like it might be an assault but I really want to believe its not.

>Everyone back to the ship ASAP, get the civvies in there now! Don't open fire-I repeat-do NOT open fire unless you are attacked. Do you understand?

This is the best way to ensure no one is hurt. And...well. Even if they are tribals, I dont know if we can just murder them all effortlessly.

Let me know if I missed something.
>>
>>1362199
This is me signing off for now, so everyone has plenty of time to think about it and vote. I will have the pastebin up tomorrow.
>>
>>1362213
Dang.

Alright then, in case I miss this vote, these are my thoughts:

>They haven't attacked yet (not really) they're just super aggressive. Maybe a friendly kind. It sounds foolish, but its not like we're under fire. Hiding in the pod sounds good until we know what they want, instead of opening fire and guaranteeing that they attack us back. Either decision, though, I wanna make sure we do our jobs and protect the civvies.
>>
>>1362210
Id say we go for this, >>1362213
Night man.

Tbh I dont know what to do here aside from pull back and leave them to bottle neck at us. As it is we need to figure out if they are raiding or not. If attacked mow them down
>>
>>1362223
I have a feeling it's a weird kind of celebration for them, or something. I dont know, the lack of flying spears, and the man was smiling...it just feels fishy you know?

But either way, the only thing we can do is fall back and protect our pod and ourselves. We couldn't exactly fight them well out in the open with no cover anyway could we?
>>
>>1362179
>Tunudo, take him down! Everyone to the ship! Weapons free, stay on me! (try to get back to the ship)

Shoot to wound...
>>
>>1362179
>>1362210
>>1362221
2nding/3rding. Normally in a Rimworld this would be a sign of a raid as peaceful contact normally doesn't involve a bunch of tribals the size of a war party trying to get the element of surprise on us. Usually it's a caravan or one or two visitors instead.
However, if there's a chance to establish friendly first contact, having someone we can trade with will surely help matters.
>>
File: tegaki.png (5KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
5KB, 400x400px
>>1362537
(pic related but not to scale)

"Oh, shit!"

Kawada sums up your thoughts eloquently as the tribals burst out of hiding and start sprinting toward you. You manage to bark some orders before pandemonium breaks loose. "Everyone form up on me, we're moving back to the ship! Don't open fire-I repeat-do NOT open fire unless you are attacked!" you add, seeing that everyone, yourself included, has drawn their sidearm.

"What does this look like to you!?" Victor shouts from across your loose circle as the group of you run as fast as you can through the tall grass. "Stop! Tell your people to stop!" he implores the lone tribal, only to find the stranger has disappeared.

"Oh shit, oh shit," Sonny breathes hard, panting hard as he struggles to keep up with the group. Eithne screams as she trips over a bush root, completely inexperienced in moving across terrain of any kind other than the deckplate of a ship.

The tribals across the field are close enough now that you can hear them, shrieking, yipping and shouting as they brandish wooden clubs, primitive shields, and spears. Their black, white and blue body paint glistens in the afternoon sun across their dark, lean muscles. The fastest among the tribals, leading the pack and carrying what look like bundles of spears, are going to reach the Icarus before your group!

>We can beat them to the ship, we can! Everyone haul ass, go! (Roll 7d100)
>No way we make it before they cut us off, fall back and regroup! (The group stands together and prepares for the tribals' next move.)
>Tunudo, fire some warning shots, try to scare them out of our path! (Roll 1d100)
>We're cutting a path to the ship, weapons free, shoot to wound! (Roll 6d100)
>Kill 'em all! (Strike first, describe how.)
>(Athletic) I can make it. (Sprint ahead of the group, reaching the ship before the tribals. Tell the others what they should do.) (Roll 1d100)
>Take another option, combination of options, tweak an option, etc. (Write in.)
>>
File: tegaki.png (4KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
4KB, 400x400px
Here is the pastebin, I plan to add a section of notes with relevant information, tell me if there are other sections it needs. I'll be back in a few hours to continue.

https://pastebin.com/bsXSg0f9
>>
>>1365480
Shit. This isn't looking good at all. Maybe I should've suggested shooting...but...
Bah. We can't just give up now. Maybe we can scare them away with tech.

>Have Tunudo fire warning shots as we haul ass back to the pod.
>Does the pod have any huge, bright, or otherwise intimidating light shows that we can trigger as a simple minded soldier? Maybe we can set off an emergency light system and scare the piss out of them.
>If not, then we move together, not leaving anyone behind. The fact that none of them have thrown any of their spears is really bugging me-are they really just holding on for melee? Whatever the case
>Shoot to wound, they're charging at us fully armed and armored, hollaring and in mass numbers. Even if this is some kind of weird tribal greeting, there's no way they don't get flak for this.

One quick question that may affect my votes:
>Are the tribals charging US. Or the pod? Like, are they staring at our group and coming around, or is it all aimed at the pod?

Maybe they're just scared shitless of our tech?
>>
Rolled 94, 80, 82, 12, 27, 19, 89, 5, 97, 83, 70, 62, 45, 82, 67, 52, 87, 1, 22, 41, 93, 4, 14, 89, 48 = 1365 (25d100)

>>1365551
Forgot to roll. I think these are the dice I need.
>>1365518
>>1365480
>>
>>1365557
>mfw I rolled way more than needed
Whoops...uh. Didn't mean to do that.
>>
>>1365551
>Are the tribals charging US. Or the pod? Like, are they staring at our group and coming around, or is it all aimed at the pod?

The way you're all oriented, it looks like the large group of tribals is charging both the Icarus, and your group, and will overtake the Icarus on their path to reach you. They're in a loose formation similar to the one in the picture, and while some are simply charging behind their shields, you notice that others are moving more cautiously, not straying far from the cover of the rocks, trees and bushes.

Don't worry about the roll, I can just pick out as many dice as I need in order from left to right. I'll write >>1365551 in a few minutes if no one else votes/has anything to add.
>>
>>1365707
>It's a little unclear it just looks like they're charging both

Sigh.

Alright then yeah I stick with my last post: Try and scare the tribals away as best we can and-if and when that does fail, open fire to wound em.
>>
Rolled 27, 80, 79, 50 = 236 (4d100)

>>1365551
>>1365557
"Eithne, get up!"

"Sonny, move your ass!"

You ensure the group stays together, slowing down but keeping a tight formation with guns facing outboard.

"They're cutting us off!" Tunudo yells as the first few tribals reach the Icarus. Eight of them have formed a loose line between you and the Icarus, daring you to try and pass between them and their spears.

The first solution that springs to mind is noise, and you hope your hunch is right. "Tunudo, fire off some warning shots, everyone else, be ready to clear a path if they don't scatter!" Tunudo's rifle cracks three times in the afternoon air, and you notice the young tribals forming a loose line in front of the Icarus recoil from the noise sharply, crouching low beneath their shields or even hitting the dirt in panic. Others behind them, closing in to join the line, slow their pace as well, cleaving tightly to their cover. It's not a perfect opening, but your group will have to do the rest. Barely slowing your pace, the six of you with weapons open fire.

You line your your pistol up with practiced ease, and double tap a young man in the chest, the first blow staggers him and knocks the breath out of him, the second knocks him to the ground where he clutches his bleeding chest, legs spasming in the dirt as he tries to suck in enough air to wail.

Tunudo keeps his selector in semi-automatic, pulling his trigger three times. A tribal leaning back to hurl a wooden spear catches a bullet in the throat, while another next to him falls over, clutching his stomach.

Kawada raises his pistol but winces as he fires, the recoil causing his earlier wounds acute pain. If he hit anything, you can't tell.

Sonny shoots with one hand while the other clutches a cramp, missing widely both his shots.

Victor holds his gun tight between sweating palms, but his teeth chatter and his arms shake, and he misses his shots.

Janie on the other hand manages to hit a shield dead center, the bullet penetrates hide, wood, flesh and bone easily and the subsequent micro-explosion utterly destroys the tribal's hand up to his wrist. She presses a button on her key fob and the Icarus' boarding ramp telescopes out into the turf near the four remaining tribals, who now hurl weapons at your approaching group!
>>
>>1365886
>Assuming there is more to this post
Well...I guess we're at war with em now probably. Could be worse, I guess. But they did 'attack' first, so I don't feel as bad.
>>
File: tegaki.png (5KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
5KB, 400x400px
>>1365886
(pic related may be unclear, don't hesitate to ask for any clarification)

With trepidation, the remaining tribals in front of the Icarus huddle together behind their shields, interlocking them before hurling a volley of javelins your way. Two of the missiles, hurled by frightened boys, don't even get as far as your group, one planting itself upright in the dirt and the other failing even to penetrate the grass layer to do that. Another two fly true and find their marks: one bounces harmlessly off of Tunudo's armor, the other sinks into Sonny's gut!

"H-oof!" Sonny lurches as the thin wooden stake punches through the synthread of his jacket, then pierces his synthsuit and finally his blubber. He stands back up supported by Eithne and Janie, groaning but alive and able to stumble forward slowly, his cramp entirely forgotten.

Emboldened by the attack, another four tribals emerge from cover, rushing forward to reinforce the forward group while the rest of their party continues to creep forward and to the flanks across rocks and heavier foliage. (The reinforcements aren't there yet, but running)

The four tribals barring the ramp shout and take a ready stance, wooden spears with metal heads perched on top of their shields. Dark eyes peer over the rims of the primitive shield wall, but dart from side to side at their brothers.

>Kawada, Tunudo, Victor and I will charge and clear the way with guns blazing and knives at the ready. That ramp has to be secured or we're all dead!
>Suppressing fire! Pull back and find cover, we're completely exposed out here! We've still got the edge, we'll pick them off if they dare to get close.
>Write-in option I could only really think of two, but feel free to propose anything that comes to mind
>>
>>1366065
Oh, and roll another 10d100 regardless of choice.

I think I actually like that system of rolling, lets me pick up however many I need.
>>
Rolled 65, 100, 16, 5, 100, 99, 94, 47, 75, 81 = 682 (10d100)

>>1366065
>>1366100
>I accidentally helped
Neat.

And well...I have a few questions before I answer this time. Does the pod have anything on it that can help us-weapons, etc, or is everyone carrying what they need right now?

If they have it on them, it might be wise to toss a flashbang grenade under the boys at the front (clearly just teens, no need to murder relentlessly), and with them all disorientated (and probably scared shitless) we bolt past, and shove them out of the way for our crew to get inside.
>>
File: YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH.png (344KB, 578x578px) Image search: [Google]
YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH.png
344KB, 578x578px
>>1366148
>Almost 3-4 100s
Oh baby.
>>
Rolled 57, 56, 34, 99, 71, 77, 75, 79, 86, 67 = 701 (10d100)

>>1366065
>>Suppressing fire! Pull back and find cover, we're completely exposed out here! We've still got the edge, we'll pick them off if they dare to get close.
>See if we can't use any piece of wreckage as improvised riot shields.
Figures these would be one of the starting hostile factions. Since this is Rimworld, any enemy survivors we can imprison and eventually recruit after a while.
>>1366148
>>1362202
The only one with a flash left is Krieger, but I kind of want to keep it as a reference to reverse-engineer to save on time for crafting and research later.
>>
>>1366148
Everything you have on you and on the ship (that I've thought of so far) is separated in the players' pastebin here, it should be up to date.

>>1365518
>>1365518

But to recap, Kawada's SAW and your rifle along with their ammo are on board, as well as both your upper body armor. As far as anything else that'll help... nothing comes to mind, but if you think of something that would be useful for your situation and has a reasonable chance of being there, you can always search for it, like someone else did in chapter one. >>1354983
>>
>>1365707
>The way you're all oriented, it looks like the large group of tribals is charging both the Icarus, and your group, and will overtake the Icarus on their path to reach you. They're in a loose formation similar to the one in the picture, and while some are simply charging behind their shields, you notice that others are moving more cautiously, not straying far from the cover of the rocks, trees and bushes.
From the looks of things, these are tribal raiders that wanted to loot the shiny pod from us, and would be willing to kill us to keep it for themselves.
Figures, I probably should start offering comparisons to Rimworld mechanics for others who haven't played to game to reference.
>>
>>1366176
>>1366181
>One flash left
Damn, really?
Well, I don't think that'll be too hard to research personally, so I'd still vote for using one here, if just so we don't kill a bunch of child soldiers. This may be rimworld, but I assume here, we will probably start to feel bad when the graveyard is as large as our actual base with kids.

In the interest in saving time though, I don't mind falling back if no one breaks the tie. I was sorta wishy washy anyway with what I wanted to do.
>>
>>1366194
>Rimworld mechanics for others who haven't played to game to reference

I actually wonder this about you guys too, and I'm thinking of making it an OP question for any readers in the next thread, "Have you ever played Rimworld before?" I feel like some of this stuff has to be pretty non-intuitive for people who don't know Rimworld.

>>1366204
Alright, I'll be back after putting a load in, and consider your vote to match
>>1366176
>>1366176
>>1366176
if we're still tied when I'm back.
>>
>>1366204
>Well, I don't think that'll be too hard to research personally, so I'd still vote for using one here, if just so we don't kill a bunch of child soldiers. This tribe likely isn't the only civilization around though, and if they were using child soldiers for their first raid, they likely have tons more ready for war. In Rimworld raids can be up to 100+ tribal raiders if you happen to be in the late-game, which we kind of have schizotech to be in.
Flashbangs are normally a bit up in the Rimworld tech tree, being relatively modern. We have a bunch of scientists though and high-tech equipment from the pods. Normally one of the first stuff researched is things like food preservatives so the food doesn't keep rotting away.
>>1366204
>This may be rimworld, but I assume here, we will probably start to feel bad when the graveyard is as large as our actual base with kids.
Yes, but that's why we have the graveyard as far as possible. These tribals have refused peaceful first contact so we'll likely have to send some type of messenger or radio that they can't kill to get them to stop trying to raid us, or we raid them.
>>
>>1366229
>People knowing rimworld
Well, it's not like it's TOO obscure. And some stuff isn't as much fun to meta game right? Like knowing if Muffalo are hostile or not. I think its more fun to treat it like an actual alien world, using what I know about rimworld to understand the game mechanics better.

But uh. That's just me. I like what you have so far, anyway, and as for me, I played the shit out of rimworld myself. Even 'beat' it once, if you count that.
>>
>>1366249
>Well, it's not like it's TOO obscure. And some stuff isn't as much fun to meta game right? Like knowing if Muffalo are hostile or not. I think its more fun to treat it like an actual alien world, using what I know about rimworld to understand the game mechanics better.
Yeah, I was trying to follow what the reasonable approach for any newcomers would be.

It occurred to me we should've fired some warning shots on the tribal war party while we were beating feet back to the pod instead of waiting for clear signs of attack.
From what I understand, the lone tribal was a distraction to seem like they were friendly or lost so we wouldn't pay attention to the tribals on the other side of the pod. Which is pretty clever for raiders.
>>
>>1366248
>Mega tribe raids
Yeah...unfortunately I am aware. It seems like OP is going for a more realistic (our weapons are vastly superior, so of course we can take on 50 dudes in tunics and wood pikes) approach.

I agree with you though, food preservation (aka our Freezer) is gonna be number one on the list.
I guess the reason I dont feel so bad about using a flash here is because I feel like tribals are where it'll be the most useful (I may be assuming things here, but mercenaries with headgear probably have protection from it, and pirates usually do too. But I may be making shit up.)

By rimworld standards, this is probably gonna be the tribal faction you start near that either hates us (-100) or is pissed (-20 or something)

If its the second one, we can repair the relations. If not...well.
We DO have pulse rifles and grenades.

>The lone guy was a distraction
Huh. You're probably right now that I think of it. I am betting they wanted our shiny stuff to sell, yeah. So at least we don't have to feel TOO bad for killing them.
>>
>>1366176
(Sonny appreciated that)

Seeing the tribals closing in around the ship, you realize the group won't make it up the ramp before being swarmed by the gathering tribals. Especially not with a wounded man. "More coming in fast!" grunts Janie, struggling to support Sonny.

"It's no good!" Kawada yells. "They'll swarm us on our way up!" He's right.

Halting in your tracks, you wave your group back, shouting, "Tunudo, suppressing fire! Everyone pull back and find cover, we're completely exposed out here!" As your group breaks for the nearby rock clusters, Tunudo switches his selector to full auto and you catch the ugly bastard smirking.

"Alright, assholes, come get some of this!" he shouts, squeezing off short, controlled bursts at each approaching group of tribals in turn, laying out or scattering them back into the brush. As he reloads, you, Janie and Victor give more accurate covering fire, keeping the tribals from advancing into spear throwing range. A standoff ensues, with only the most foolish tribesmen trying to lunge out and hurl a spear far enough to reach you. When the dust clears, you can see that several tribals are peeking out from behind the Icarus, using its pods as cover. The field between you is filled with the groans, moans and wails of fallen men and boys, while others call out to one another from behind rocks, trees and hidden positions within the grass.

It seems to have been enough. After a tense standoff period, you spot a leader-type figure among the tribals dare to stand from behind his cover and wave his arm, signalling the others as he shouts. He's a tall, thickly built man with facial piercings and an ornately feathered headdress, carrying a long, tasseled war spear. As he exhorts his people, they reluctantly emerge from their hiding positions, crouching low as they approach their wounded and dead.

>That's enough. They're leaving, we can wait. Enough blood's been spilled today.
>No mercy, they came for us. Wait for them to try fetching their wounded, then kill as many as we can.
>Tunudo, give me that rifle. (Take an aimed shot at the tribal leader)
>Emerge from hiding yourself, try to signal to the leader somehow that you acknowledge it's over.
>Write-in option as usual, combine options, tweak options, etc.

And of course, roll the usual 10d100.
>>
Rolled 42, 14, 68, 31, 95, 28, 97, 32, 30, 74 = 511 (10d100)

>>1366569
>They at least care enough about their wounded to try and retrieve them.
Leads me to believe they're not total savages at least.

I vote to signal to the leader that it's over. Hopefully, they learned their lesson, and we can recover from this first contact.

And if they come back hunting again? Well...
We got ammo.
>>
Rolled 38, 44, 49, 1, 37, 85, 97, 29, 75, 9 = 464 (10d100)

>>1366569
>>Emerge from hiding yourself, try to signal to the leader somehow that you acknowledge it's over.
>Maybe a peace sign or whatever. Indicate with bandages that we'll be tending to our own wounded.
>>That's enough. They're leaving, we can wait. Enough blood's been spilled today.
>Try to establish some rules of war with this act of mercy.
>Be ready to off the leader if he's going to send another raid, though.

>>1366229
>I actually wonder this about you guys too, and I'm thinking of making it an OP question for any readers in the next thread, "Have you ever played Rimworld before?" I feel like some of this stuff has to be pretty non-intuitive for people who don't know Rimworld.
It's pretty intuitive actually, it just takes a bit associating the names of what we're talking about with its equivalent.
I haven't played much of Rimworld actually, I've only gotten past the first year because I kept restarting to try out different mods. Most of my knowledge is from reading the wikis, strategy guides, the forums, and watching some videos.
Feel free to change around any mechanics if you think that'll work better for the quest
>>
>>1366600
>>1366612
As the leader of your attackers reveals himself, you think quickly. The more you think on everything you've just seen, the more clear it becomes that these people aren't so different from any other humans. You make your intention known to the group huddled by you, Kawada rolls his eyes but tears a strip of bandage to tie to a slender stick. Tunudo covers you carefully as you stand up, revealing yourself to your counterpart on the other side.

The decorated warrior has his own eyes trained on your last known position, keeping a watchful eye out for more death from afar. He sees you standing alone, waving the makeshift flag and surmises your meaning. Standing up tall so as to be seen clearly, he crosses his arms across his chest, spear in hand, and shouts some more to his men, who relax visibly as they work.

The seven of you wait quite awhile before you feel it's safe to move. Tunudo and Kawada help patch Sonny's wound in the meantime. It's just a flesh wound, no vital organs were disturbed. It'll hurt, and have to be kept clean, but if the latter can be managed it should heal fine. Luckily, Victor jokes, Sonny's third layer of protection is thicker and tougher than his first two. You yourself take the rifle and assume the watch through its scope, making sure every last tribal leaves and noting the direction they leave in. The tribal leader is the last to leave the field, he looks toward your ship and crosses his right fist over his chest, before following his men back home.

The sun is low in the sky, and at long last no trace of the hostile aboriginals remains, save for their blood and some discarded weapons. As you move together back toward the explorer, Eithne shudders at the blood. Finally, you ascend the ramp and filter back into the Icarus.

>+3 wooden spears with metal tips, +2 hide&wood shields
>-2 assault rifle magazines, -some pistol rounds and charge pistol rounds (pastebin will be updated)
>The untrained shooters gain +1 shooting
>>
I've left it open ended because I'm thinking I'll roll this scene into one inside the icarus, this will probably me it for me tonight though, other than updating the pastebin and maybe writing out and posting that aforementioned scene+vote. feel free to discuss or ask any questions about anything that's happened up to this point though, I'll be around.
>>
>>1366802
>feel free to discuss or ask any questions about anything that's happened up to this point though, I'll be around.
So these were tribal raiders we were fighting? Were they after the shiny pod and its goods?
>>
>>1366779
Phew. It looks like things have more or less worked out. The leader seems pretty sharp. Maybe we can eventually talk to this guy.

Later, though. More important stuff right now.
>Wounded just one colonist, minor
Good. We got a solid medic so that shouldn't be a problem.
>Little girl is terrified
Alright, I think it's time someone set her down and tried to calm her. Her dad is the first to come to mind, but I also want our man to talk to her too. Nothing too overly dramatic, just a simple
>Hey are you okay?
>Listen, don't worry. We're gonna protect all of you as best we can.

Just something to calm the nerves, right?

>As for the next step after this.
My instinct is to instantly build a shelter but I guess the pod provides that, sorta doesn't it?
We'll figure things out as we go. Though, we need to start worrying about rations soon, since we are basically stuck here. Maybe see what other wildlife is around here (not just animals, fruit too.)
>>
>>1366802
>Question.
Are you surprised we didn't murder the filthy tribals?
>>
>>1366844
they were definitely tribal raiders, and they've been watching the sky with a hungry eye ever since the colony ship Explorator fell to pieces in the sky far above their world.

>>1366865
no, but I did have to come up with a scenario based on "what if these guys don't get it in time and the tribals encircle and actually capture them."

Oh and regarding confusion earlier, the tribals you killed weren't exactly children, more like older teenagers who, to a combat veteran survived long enough to turn merc, would be "boys" playing at war. No nine year olds were harmed in the making of that scene.
>>
>>1366966
>Capture
That sounds
troubling. Happy we took care of it.

>Not child soldier, Teen soldier
O I see. I sorta was picturing teen anyway, since thats when you get tall enough to hold your own spear.
>>
Should have started some deus vult
>>
>>1366995
Join us and vote!
>>
>>1367066
Just woke up.

Where are the options? Aren't u gonna make another part 2 post to this?>>1366779
>>
>>1367088
I am, but like I said it may or may not be this evening depending on what else I'm doing. This is a low speed quest and I do sometimes just start putting up scenes at odd hours, so it's probably best to just leave the tab open or get alerts if you have a mobile app.
>>
>>1366779
Need either solar panels with auto turrets set up for a rough perimeter or some bunkers our folks can hide in and shoot out at.
>>
>>1367130
Also some camera systems since we don't have our godly bird's-eye view for this quest, unless the pods already come equipped with some.
>>
>>1366966
>no, but I did have to come up with a scenario based on "what if these guys don't get it in time and the tribals encircle and actually capture them."
Get that they were hostile, get that we should start shooting, or get that they would go for the pods as well as us?
>>
>>1365518
What's this image supposed to be? It's blank.
>>
>>1367130
>>1367138
In this regard, rimworld quest won't be like regular rimworld. You came to the planet with just your knowledge and that of anyone with you, everything that was supposed to be done like setting up the pre-fab homes, getting a power grid running, growing food, setting up advanced tech like sentry turrets, etc. was supposed to be done by the passengers of the Explorator, the colonists. As such with your limited manpower, lack of supplies, and character backgrounds, even raising a wooden hut that withstands the first rain could be tough. If you've played the hardcore sk modpack, it will be more in line with that.

Some solar panels are functional on the Icarus, though necessary to provide power to its systems. Exterior cameras are mounted in durable shells along the outside of the Icarus, they're what's used to capture the comprehensive exterior view that can be displayed on any interior wall of the Icarus. Good luck convincing Janie to part with even a single piece of her precious ship while it's still operational though.

>>1367233
just a mistake
>>
>>1367298
>Mfw our gang of high tech brains, and brawn can't build a wooden hut
Fug. This is gonna be really rough then. How do you...like. Learn to build shit out of nothing? All the colonists (the real ones anyway) are dead.

How much of this is like...'the computer tells you how' anyway. Compared to normal survival I mean. Is it
>You find food item
>MAchine cleans it
Or what are we working with.

I haven't ever played the mod you speak of, but it sounds like hard mode alright. At least we have the pod for now. But it does mean making new buildings is gonna be tough...
>>
>>1367393
Follow survival guides or wikis that we know of and see how our characters can deduce that?
I feel like I should've rolled on the post before lucky Bilya's death, but I was waiting for a confirmation on the plan before rolling.
>>
>>1367414
I guess so, assuming there's one available. I doubt the inter-galactic internet gets good reception out here.

Hopefully we have some manuals on the pod, at least.
>>
File: 20170415004850_1.jpg (486KB, 1920x1018px) Image search: [Google]
20170415004850_1.jpg
486KB, 1920x1018px
>tfw it took under a minute after last session to decently portray the previous scene in Rimworld and I made shitty dot drawings with the draw tool instead

Sorry about the Easter hiatus, Rimworld quest is back!

Everyone relaxes to a degree once safely inside, but the tension of the past hour or so lingers as your group takes a breather from being on high alert. You and the other soldiers stow your gear and Kawada begins organizing everything. Sonny slumps into a seat at the small dining table, now feeling the pain of his wound after the shock has passed. Victor joins him, the two conversing about the day's events. Janie goes straight to her pod without a word, the door hissing shut behind her. Tunudo and Eithne are by the sleeping Jacob, the former checking his temperature and pulse and the latter standing timidly by, looking like she's about to cry. You make your way over.

"What's the situation, Tunudo?"

"It's not looking great here, Chief. The blood's clotting alright, but the jury's still out on the head trauma. And..." he spares a glance at trembling Eithne, and sighs. "Well, no mincing words. Kid, if this wound goes septic, I'm not sure I can do anything about it with what we've got on hand."

Real nice. Eithne turns away, trying to hide her tears, but there's nowhere to hide in the main pod. She turns back to her father and freezes, her shoulders starting to shake uncontrollably. Finally, she curls into a little ball by the couch, crying. "W-why is e-everything, why is everything changing so fast?" she manages between sobs. "I just- I just want to go back to the way things w-were! I don't want to be here anymore!"

Roll the usual 10d100 and:
>Make her a promise that none of you are going to let anything happen to her, and that everything's going to be alright.
>Tell her it's time to grow up fast and be strong, because the shit hasn't come close to hitting the fan yet.
>Write-in anything else you want to say, it's also a good time to converse with anyone else in the room.
>>
Rolled 49, 10, 68, 3, 44, 20, 6, 20, 31, 41 = 292 (10d100)

>>1376600
>Spoilers
Oh shit, you're using like an editor to show things? That's cool as hell I figured you just had a file loaded up to give us an idea of things.
>Easter
Yeah man, happy easter! Glad you're back.

>Sad kid on our hands
Oh boy...alright well. I knew this was coming up but I guess we gotta do it in front of everyone.
Let's kneel down to the kid's level and talk to her. It's nice to think about having a heart of gold but...

>Listen Eithne. I know things are looking real scary right now, but you need to understand. Tunudo's gonna do the best damn job he can for your dad, okay? And the rest of us are gonna do what we can to keep us all safe and get us outta this mess in one piece. We didn't get to choose to come to this planet, but now that we're here, we need to have each others backs. To take care of each other. To trust each other. Alright? You can trust me. All of you can.

Maybe like, a hand on her shoulder to try and calm her down or somethin' that sounds good.

After that, try and pull Tunudo aside and ask is there any specific thing that would help with the medicine he needs. Like, certain chemicals that might be in the natural environment or something. If so, then we can ask our scientist if we can gather some of that shit.

If not well. We have hope and that's about all we can do.
>>
Rolled 92, 54, 97, 30, 76, 13, 46, 11, 3, 46 = 468 (10d100)

>>1376600
>>1376814
2nd. Don't make promises because we're in a Rimworld, and anything can go wrong in Rimworld. However, do our best to comfort her and show we're here for each other.
>>
>>1376600
Also be aware OP, we're on page 9. Thread #2 may be a good idea to link at the very bottom of this one, when it prunes so people can follow easier.

Even on page 9 we probably have 1-2 more days but I just wanted to warn you.
>>
>>1376857
Alright, good to know, actually hadn't noticed.

>>1376814
>>1376823
Writing now...
>>
>>1376600
"Listen Eithne. I know things are looking real scary right now, but you need to understand. Tunudo's going to do the best damn job he can for your dad, okay? And the rest of us are going to do what we can to keep us all safe and get us out of this mess in one piece. We didn't get to choose to come to this planet, but now that we're here, we need to have each others' backs. To take care of each other. To trust each other. Alright? You can trust me. All of you can."

At first Eithne is taken aback by your directness, but seems to take comfort in your confidence and your grasp of the situation. Your actions so far have resonated with your words now, and though Eithne's still worried sick, she calms herself down, seeing that you're holding strong in spite already having lost one of your own. Without realizing it, you raised your voice and began addressing everyone in the pod, and at the end of your short speech, Kawada teases, "He's got a flair for the melodramatic, our fearless leader, but he knows what he's doing. If anyone can navigate this shit storm, it's Krieger."

Janie interrupts by reemerging from her pod, looking a bit more energetic. Looking straight at you, she says, "We need to have a talk. All of us do, about what happens now." An impromptu meeting begins in the main pod, discussing matters of long term survival. Everyone finds a seat in a circle on the floor, the soldiers facing the scientists with Eithne sitting next to you.
>>
>>1376956

"First things first," Janie announces, "we need to decide what we're going to do about the native situation. We have a lot to get done before we're in any shape for long term survival, but we can't go out while those... people are out there."

"That's an easy one," Kawada proposes. "We know where they live, and we laid out at least a dozen of 'em already. Let's finish the job."

"No!" Victor exclaims, "Those people are our only hope for survival! Look, I know we got off to a bad start, and... well, I acknowledge that I didn't exactly do a great job mediating our first contact in the heat of the moment. But we have to find a way to make peace with these natives. We could learn so much from them, so much that could be vital to our survival here!"

"So what," Kawada retorts, "you're saying we should go over to that village on bended knee, and hand our asses to them on a plate? What are you going to say to them when you can't even speak their language? And," he adds, "who's going to have to pull your ass out of the fire when they take you hostage instead?"

"They know the land," Victor goes on. "They know what grows, what's dangerous and how to avoid it, how to treat the native diseases, have any of you figured out these things?" he asks, turning to everyone. "We don't have the time to start from scratch," he states matter of factly. "Krieger took a risk today and it paid off, we need to capitalize on that while we can, and the sooner the better."

"I've got a better idea," says Kawada, "How about we don't deliver ourselves into the hands of the guys that could've killed Sonny here today. We wait 'til it's dark, do a flyover of their village in this rustbucket, guns blazing, and tag any of those bastards who came after us. We conquer their village and take what we need, and get your intel using OUR language of diplomacy, the one that always gets results."

"None of you are going off anywhere," Janie snaps, "so don't get ahead of yourselves. We still know next to nothing about them - they could be licking their wounds and preparing revenge, or they could be cowering in fear. There might be 50 of them, or maybe it's a thousand just over the next hill. Just how many bullets did you bring, anyway?" she asks rhetorically, "Because we don't have many ourselves, and after that? What do we have to defend ourselves against whatever else is out there? None of you knows what tomorrow will bring, and we need to find that out."
>>
>>1377024
"And we aren't taking off in the Icarus, not unless we need to," she adds, "We need to conserve what fuel we have for emergencies, and we need to keep our profile here as low as possible. Any time we take off, we're exposing ourselves and inviting everyone to the table for a piece of us. We go on foot."

After listening carefully and considering, you see the merits of each plan. Kawada's assault is almost certain to succeed, you've got every advantage this time and the initiative. Conquering the locals could be considered brutal, but war always is, and the crueler it is the faster it can be over for those fortunate enough to survive. Victor's envoy mission would definitely be a risk, nothing would save whoever was sent from being killed, or worse, being used as a hostage. But he's right about your group's utter lack of knowledge about this world and how to live in it without the advantages of modern technology. And while Janie's scouting mission would give up the initiative in the attack and could run into any number of unknown dangers along the way, it just makes sense to know what you're heading into before you commit.

>Kawada's plan: Flyover of the village in the Icarus, SAW blazing. They are a threat and must be subdued. An assault will be planned.
>Victor's plan: Stay and try to make peaceful contact with the natives. Learning more about them is our only hope of survival. An envoy mission will be planned.
>Janie's plan: Do nothing without more intel. A scouting mission will be planned.
>Feel free to ask for additional relevant information, make tweaks or propose additions to your plan of choice, or think of something entirely different.

At this point, you also need to decide:

>Enforce your choice of plan, this is a dictatorship, not a democracy.
>Voice your support for your choice of plan, we decide on things together. This is a democracy, not a dictatorship.
>>
>>1376956
>>1377024
>>1377068
So I've been giving it some thought and Im kinda torn.
I think the best plan is honestly a mixture of Victor and Janie's plan. But basically it'll be
>We do Janie's plan, we need intel about this place, and as much of it as we can gather, especially immediate surroundings. Flora, Fauna, etc.
>After, we need to figure out Victor's plan. Prepare a proper envoy of peace. But don't worry about that for a bit now. I want to see how they react to seeing us again, anyway.
>Finally, this is a democracy, no dictatorship needed. Support the two of them in working out a compromise.
>Oh and tell Kawada to chill if she gets pissed. The natives were probably just trying to feed their own families, just like anyone would. We will fight them if they come again, but we won't go hunting them down for one attack. Especially not when we had a understanding with the chief.
Maybe bring up the chief's eye contact, if it helps make our case. Who knows.
>>
>>1377164
>>Oh and tell Kawada to chill if she gets pissed. The natives were probably just trying to feed their own families, just like anyone would.
>just like anyone would.
By raiding, you mean.
>>1377068
>>1377164
2nd. The biggest reason we don't want to just up and slaughter them all is because we're drastically low on supplies after dropping down here. We can't afford to frivolously spend our equipment if there're more enemies out there.
>>
>>1377167
This is good too, I didn't add it to my post. But we're not just not attacking because that's bad, we don't wanna do it because we don't have infinite ammo (like regular rimworld). And we need that ammo if we get attacked by.
Oh I dunno.
Anyone with actual guns.

Maybe use this as another reason to make Kawada chill if things get tense.
>>
>>1377167
>By raiding
Also meant to say. Pretty much. Native life is brutal man. Farming is hard, especially if you haven't researched agriculture.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't trying to avoid killing them just because I was a nice guy. I'd like to see if we can pump them for information and shit about the planet first.
>>
>>1377164
>>1377167
"Agreed," you throw in with Janie, "nothing's decided, just yet. Kawada, we've got the time to think this one through, so let's go into this one eyes on. Victor, this'll give you time to prepare whatever you need to get through to these tribals, and Kawada, Janie's got a point, we can't afford to take every situation guns blazing. We could run into bigger trouble later on."

Everyone else agrees on the compromise, and a reconnaissance is set to be planned. Victor will be working on a message of peace in the meantime, and Kawada is content to wait for more intel before committing. Sonny, Eithne and Tunudo seem relieved.

"Alright," Janie continues, "we also need to start thinking about our long term survival here. The explorer came with emergency rations but they were meant for three, not eight. We need sources of food, and water for drinking and hygiene, safe sources," she emphasises.
>>
>>1377283
A source of regular food must be secured, supplies won't last for eight. The explorer has a small kitchen for food prep and mini-fridges, but food was supposed to be produced by the colony. And someone has to be the one to do the gathering, every day, to feed eight people.

>We can send someone out to hunt.
>(Crafting) We will try to trap some small animals to eat, built with gathered materials.
>We could send someone to gather fruits, berries, nuts, whatever this planet has to offer.
>Write-in option, also feel free to combine above options, keeping in mind that someone must be assigned to each task.

You also need to be collecting water, not just for drinking but for hygiene and emergencies.

>The pouches can be refilled, someone will have to do the hauling from the local watering hole. It could be dangerous. Hope it's safe to drink. (Assign someone to do this daily.)
>There must be another way... (Write in option, feel free to reference the field survival guidethe internet, and search for whatever you need.)
>>
>>1377298
>>1377283

Alright so I've been scrawling the pastebin and think I have a set up I am happy with.

>Hunting
Janie, Tunudo, and/or us go here, since we're all the best shots around, and are pretty strong (except for Janie) but this will be combined with water gathering below.

>Traps
Sonny & Kawada should work towards setting up some traps from the stuff we have on hand-both to capture small animals but also to protect us from people peeking in. They both seem like they could be handy at that, and Kawada's a good shot to keep them protected while they go out.

>Gathering
I want Jacob and Victor on this, when they're noot taking care of other duties obviously. The two of them know a thing or two about plants, so hopefully they can at least avoid bringing obviously poisonous plants home. Victor will be checking any food we get though just to be sure.

>Water
Us and Tunudo mostly going out when there's someone else hunting, Janie can do this too, it depends on which works out better.

Let me know if I missed something obvious, but I think I assigned everyone in a decent spot.
>>
>>1377334
>Mfw I forgot Jacob was wounded
Er. Forgot to check health status. Count out people that are wounded currently. We can just get Janie to help Victor out if need be.
>>
>>1377298

>>1377334
>>1377337
Only now am I realizing that I should have included this part, so factor it in to your decision making.
Someone will need to stay in the Icarus at all times on sentry duty, using the holo-port. This has to be done in shifts. At night, they will wake up the soldiers if threats approach the ship. During the day, they will be watching the surroundings and guarding the ship from attack.

>We can spare two people, day and night. (Who?)
>We can spare three people to cycle. (Who?)
>Everyone who is able to will take a shift in turn.
>>
>>1377363
>Who's on watch
Aw crap. Well, I guess we can just cycle it through our best shots (Us, Kawada, and Tunudo. Maybe Junie too if need be)

Basically, it'll be a
>if Colonist A does x today, then Colonist B stays back for y
And we can just keep everyone busy that way. I don't assume we need any specific skills to be on watch, other than vigilance.

We can volunteer for first watch if no one wants to.
Thread posts: 223
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.