[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Birth of a Civilization XI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 2

Welcome back to BoaC
HI BILLY MAYS HERE:

Our Chieftain is nearing the end of his life-time.
With him ends an Era, but not quite yet.

Due to his encouragement of the Warriors and the Skewjo to continue innovating on their practices, things change quite a bit in the last seasons of his life.

The Warriors have adopted Bone-spears, after seeing how effectively Deer use their horns against others.
The Hunters follow this new trend as well, though retain the clay arrows for different purposes.

The continued usage of Clay, has lead to some interesting innovations coming from those who sought to appease Sun, Moon and to some degree the Skewjo as well.
More than mere dirt, Clay has become quite the useful material. Some people with too much free time on their hand, crafted some decent works of art, in the form of beautifully shaped Jugs.
The most interesting thing that occurred though, was the incorporation of clay into wicker crafts.
It made the already cheap and sturdy material. even sturdier.
We're not sure how to use this knowledge yet, but the finest pieces of Art we could muster, were made from Wicker, surrounded by burned Clay.
We buried our Chieftain with them, for he was the wisest man who ever ruled our tribes, deserving of tribute this beautiful and expensive.

Though, it feels like more than just the Chieftain 's life has ended these days.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're new and interested in playing, here's how it works:
Everyone decides what our People will do next.
All decisions are made by democratic majority vote.
If multiple decisions are made, only those that do not conflict each other will happen.
Rolling 100 overrides a majority decision.
Multiple cases of rolling 100 will happen in order they were rolled.
Everyone may only roll once per pending decision.
Major historical events, may still occur if the point of Origin remains outside our nation's control. (e.g If we don't own Macedonia by 200BC, Alexander the Great happens, no matter what)
Major Historical events may still occur, if our Nation hosts similar conditions as the Nations we currently occupy, as they would have at the appropriate time.
(e.g If we own Rome after 700BC and our King [you] does some more than questionable decisions, we will become a Republic)
Tripfagging is strongly encouraged!
>>
We should make some sort of trial system to test the cheifs 2 sons
Also train a story teller to tell the story of our cheif
As time goes on have the story tellers romanticize the cheif more and more
After generations have past if we have a written language, make a epic of gilgamesh like story about the cheifs life
Also implement him into the pantheon
>>
>>1347965
By implement him i mean in several generations
>>
>>1348194
mate we don't even have a pantheon
we are 2 peoples, each with a weak and monotheistic religion.
>>
>>1348328
Whay i baiscally want is to start building up cultural longevity
In the future when we want to expand our religion we should definetly add him
>>
We should start implementing the wicker-clay into our architecture. Maybe build primitive mounds with stockpiles or granaries inside, hell, maybe we could even build temples or big housing structures in them.
>>
>>1348634
Why not keep the monotheism and expand on it instead of making a pantheon?
>>
>>1351863
technically it's Duotheism, because of the Tournament forcing the other tribe's God onto the loser.
That and, if left alone, aka, when I get to decide, it's going to turn into Monotheism proper, because the seed is already there, the tribes' current generation are in part convinced that Sun and Moon are the same thing at different times of day.
>>
>>1347962
Send scout to spy in the yellow tribe, find out where they get their metal, who makes their weapons and tools. How many soldiers they have, their defences and so on.
Start replacing huts with brick huts and make a new buildings hust for brick and pottery production. Set a few people aside to really master the gray goo.
Start weaving shit, make shirts and pants and baskets and other woven stuff.
Have a dual king ship with the 2 sons, one handing domestic affairs while the other handles foreign affairs.
>>
guys I just noticed, I accidentally named this thread BoaC 11 when it was meant to be 9
so, after this I will do 12 just to avoid confusion.
>>
>>1347962
Make boats.
From wicker and clay.
It's time.
>>
>>1355410
>>1354788
Train some really good spies! We'll need then.
Second all of that, make canoes.
>>
well if no one else has any ideas today, I'll count boats as a made decision.
>>
>>1357497
Yea sure let's go boats.
>>
>>1357497
We'll make the best boats from atypical materials!
>>
>>1354788
>>1355780
2nd and 3rding, these all sound like useful foundations to work with. Especially with being able to set a precedence for joint rulerships.
>>
>>1354788
I like this
>>
>>1355410
I will support this.
>>
This is a sad, broken reflection of the first BOAC. It's a real shame those fuckers right at the beginning put us in Germany.
>>
>>1358395
Well, I mean, last time we had time-skips and were surrounded by high-tech civs with low competition.
time-skips though are right around the corner, no matter what your decision for this update looks like, the game-changer will hit, you're gonna love it.

Also, look at Germany IRL, it took them 2000 years to get a civilization-proper going, and when they did they completely fucking curb stomped any and all competitors, until they failed at the incompetence of their leaders.
>>
I support the boats, but where should we take rhem once we get them?
Should we try to go fuck up some britons?
>>
>>1358618
I suspect since we're in hard mode our boats will only be good for river travel until we research better boats in the future. This means we'll be restricted to targets upstream and downstream.
>>
>>1358410
Yeah nah, let's keep it at the pace we're going. If I can my way I want to start some raids, maybe some kidnappings of the yellow.
We could get more metal smiths or people who know how/where to mine.
>>
>>1359594
>>1358618
Are you crazy anons? Literally everyone around is militarily superiour to us, and you want to attack them?
>>
>>1359816
At least this time we have some boats to perform our next exile with. Think of all the sea shanties we'll make!
>>
It is a cold morning, on this day, the eldest son of of Frithuriks the Wise becomes the new Chief of our tribes.
The Northern Teals have heard of the the death of our brave leader, and they came to us on wooden constructs, floating on the water, bringing our new Chief a gift to lament the death of his Father.
It is a peculiar object, it appears to be a metal disc of sorts, with an image of the sky painted on it.
Our people are more perplexed by the Teal's means of transportation, rather than their art.
While most of us still mourn the death of Frithuriks, the new Chieftain has to focus on more important things.
He wants those water vehicles.
Theirs seemed to be made out of wood, but our access to the material is rather limited this season. The Chieftain has long been praised by his father for his ingenuity and tinkering habits.
He designed many forms of spears in the past, though the warriors rejected most of them, due to impracticality.
This time however, the Chieftain is determined to not only copy what he has seen today, but out-best it.
Under the guise of a grieving period, the Chieftain leaves command of the tribe to one of his brothers for a couple of days, in which he spends all of his time, on crafting a boat out of the materials we have at hand.
After days of intense crafting and engineering, he managed to produce results.
A boat made from wicker, with the shape of a square pot, at the bottom side, a thin layer of burned clay to prevent water from getting in.
He brings it to the river and hops in...and it works.

His celebration though was delayed, as he looked up into the sky, not only the Chieftain noticed that it was getting dark, even though the sun still stood high in the sky.

There he suddenly was....the Moon, along side the Sun.
He crawled ever closer to her until he swallowed her, and they became one.
On this day, the Black Sun was born.
It was a sign, a sign for many to question their faith, a sign for others that were proven right on this very day, a sign for the Chieftain that his rule was fate, the son of the Meno chief, and his Sunna lover.
The little bastard born in the 3rd season after our tribes became one, it was his destiny, so he thinks.

Our Chieftain returns to his tribe, wanting to share his boat with them, but what he found after Sun and Moon parted again, was a devastated tribe.
The Elderly crying in fear, anger, confusion, over the birth of the Black Sun.
The people of the Chief's age however, seem joyful, as Frithuriks the Wise had predicted, Sun and Moon were in fact the same, or at least if they weren't before, they are now.

The Skewjo are unable to resolve this conflict between the old and young, they turn to their Chief, looking for advice, we must not shatter the beliefs of those who still hold onto Sun and Moon as separate, but we cannot betray those who held the same belief that we do.
Just...what are we going to do?

(time-skips now enabled)
>>
To provide a little context here, because I hit the 3000 character limit, and couldn't bring it in.

The Chieftain runs back to his tribe with the boat, because he had a vision while staring at the black sun, a vision of mighty buildings falling apart, people killing each other, kings being murdered, in short Civilization collapsing.

Because this full solar eclipse right here, marks the beginning of the Bronze-age Collapse.
>>
>>1359988
Well, Sun and Moon have just married. As the husband and wife are separate people yet as one, likewise our gods are one yet separate. It's a good omen, let's all have a celebration.
>>
>>1359992
Well, we're barely even in the Bronze Age and we don't actually have any civilization, so it won't hurt us much.
We need to develop ironworking ASAP though.
>>
>>1359992
>>1359995
So the collapse of civilization would technically hurt us the least, from lacking any civilization to collapse?
But yeah, we're going to need some tech before raging barbarians decide to invade us.

Ironworking, better boats scaled up to say a longboat design, maybe initiate some diplomacy with the Northern Teals because they were the only tribe to acknowledge our Chieftain's death. Maybe start using clay tablets to record our history since this is a time period in which literacy severely drops?
Start training some scouts, spies, dedicated clay and bone artisans, and continue to spy on the Yellows' source of metals.
>>
>>1360012
Yellows' source of metals will become useless to us in short order, because Bronze Age Collapse.
>>
>>1360019
>Yellows' source of metals will become useless to us in short order, because Bronze Age Collapse.
What metals do the Yellows have?
>>
>>1359994
This, we can say the Sun and Moon are lovers and meet only after a certain time has passed in which for a brief period they become/birth a third kind of God, they then separate and the journey begins anew.
With this we keep our Duotheism but it becomes a monotheism every solar eclipse and we can later develop it into an Epic.
>>
I honestly, cannot for the life of me, recall to have ever claimed the Yellows have a source of metal.
I mean, sure, someone in the area must have access, because everyone is using bronze, but could anyone link me to the thread where I made such a suggestion?
>>
>>1360027
Well what you're suggesting sounds like christianity's holy trinity.
>a single God
>has multiple aspects
>aspects merge to form God
>God-proper not present most of the time
>>
>>1359994
>>1360027
How should the explain the coincidence of the solar eclipse and the start of the Bronze Age Collapse that doesn't make it sound like an apocalyptic omen?

>>1360028
>but could anyone link me to the thread where I made such a suggestion?
I don't know, I'm not sure if the previous threads were even permanently archived yet. I'm just referring to some suggestions the other anons made the past couple of threads that seemed like it given strong evidence.
>>
>>1360032
That's exactly what I was going for.
>>
>>1360033
The knowledge of the Bronze Age Collapse is meta. We don't know this in-game. Also we can't collapse lower than we are anyway.
>>
>>1360028
>I honestly, cannot for the life of me, recall to have ever claimed the Yellows have a source of metal.
You didn't. Come anon just proposed to spy on Yellows because they're the weakest.
>>
>>1360033
Well it seems some threads weren't archived
I did find 1 3 4 7 and 8

also the bronze age collapse doesn't really apply to us, after all, we aren't in the mediterranean or middle-east.
I did do my research though, and there was an actual recorded solar eclipse about a year before the bronze age collapse hit.
>>
>>1360043
>I did find 1 3 4 7 and 8
Oh. What's it archived under? Searching under the thread's name for Suptg doesn't bring up anything, and the ones under Civ and Civilization bring up other quests.
>>
>>1360046
well, I mean, I literally went to google
typed in
4chan /qst/ birth of a civilization site:boards.4chan.org

got almost all of my threads as search results
some of which 404'd instead of archiving, like 6 and 5, which is how I know that not all are available.
>>
>>1360052
>site:boards.4chan.org
Oh, I meant a more permanent archiving service instead of 4chan, since the 4chan archives automatically clear themselves after a while to my memory.
>>
File: dfgdgdgf.png (19KB, 422x438px) Image search: [Google]
dfgdgdgf.png
19KB, 422x438px
>>1360054
idk man, I never bothered with archived threads.
And the thing I did last time I ran a BoaC is just too fucking time consuming
Where I went out of my way, to screenshot every single update I made, and added it to a gargantuan png file that grew to such a retarded size, I eventually couldn't edit it anymore, because gimp couldn't handle it.

I tried uploading it as proof just now, but pic related is all I'm getting
>>
I support starting to develop a written lamguage and taking this as a good omen
Also taking this as a means to start/ end an era and when to start to write epics
That way we can develop a stable culture for our desendents to pull from meaning we won't have to pull a "WE WUZ ROMANS" as time passes
We should probably get into peace talks with the teals so we can ally
>>
>>1361030
I think it's a bit too early to begin writing epics, it should be after we develop
>>1359994
>>1360027
We should definitely do everything else though.
>>
>>1361103
We can do the old sumeria way of oral tradition
Have a story tellers keeping track of shit, teaching the important stuff to the next generation, and polishing the story as generations go by then once we develop a written language we transport our epics to book form
>>
We should focus on becoming great sea-farers, which can only happen if we improve our primitive boat technology and the yet to be discovered ironworking tech.
>>
>>1361191
I agree that we should focus on tech and boats
We should try to get good as fast as possible
Then we invade the british isles, scandinavia, iceland, greenland, and if we want to push our luck canada
But that's why we should ally with the teals
They have metalurgy
We need that shit
>>
well I'm not trying to be pushy, but I'd like to see a decision some time soon.
>>
>>1365087
Now that we have boats, develop river trade.
>>
>>1365087
I was curious how the apprentice blacksmiths were doing? it has been awhile since we checked in on them
Trying to use the clay as a substance to make boats seems like a fine idea by me. I thought we had not developed it yet.
>>
>>1365195
well they're adults now, and married to the Chief and his brother respectively, they will do the same with future generations.
Clay has been around for a while now, and clay as a material for something other than burying shit, has been around for at least 1 thread, not counting this one.
>>
>>1365195
>I thought we had not developed it yet.
We developed it last thread when we realized we basically had next to nothing to work with in the way of natural resources. Which is pretty good as it's practically a straight upgrade to the stuff we can afford using it for.
>>
>>1365168
seconding this
>>
as it stands right now
3 people want some kind of record keeping
2 of which are for oral traditions, as it is too early to write.

and 2 people want to do something with boats
1 river wants trade
the other 1 wants better boats.
>>
>>1367653
sorry , 3 want something with boats
2 of which are river trade
forgot this anon here >>1365716
>>
>>1367658
What if we carved drawings/pictograms into the boats hulls, that way we have an archaic writting system and get to develop better boats/river trade.
>>
>>1368140
I actually really like this, lets go with this idea
>>
>>1368140
so that's 4 for river trade
3 for better boats
and 5 for some sort of record keeping

I tell ya what
1 more for trade and improvements respectively
and I'll let them all pass.
>>
>>1368161
My vote is for trade and bigger boats for it.
>>
well update coming up when I'm back, I'm heading off for now.
>>
>>1368140
THIS
>>
The Chieftain decides to do nothing about the current situation, not wanting to disturb the fragile religious peace his father achieved so many seasons ago.
The seasons pass, and eventually a prophet emerges.
As the old generations die of age, the Prophet finds more and more support among our growing population.
Soon the Black Sun cult becomes the majority faith of our people.

In the meantime, the Chieftain together with eager explorers and some people who are deemed decent hagglers, have set up a trade mission to Prussia. After all, while neither side has ever made use of this, they did agree to trade with us under Frithuriks.
While it was more of a practical joke for the Prussians, the Chieftain takes this very seriously.

He sends them off, and after a mere season, they already return with a decent amount of goods.
The Chieftain, eager as always, wants more, but longer missions will require bigger and stronger boats to carry all the goods.
The Chieftain gets to work immediately, to improve his design.

After at least 6 seasons the Chieftain has designed considerably better boats, this time also incorporating some wood for greater structural integrity. These boats are no longer shaped like a square pot, and more like a weird, side-ways Fish.
These boats are long and shallow, perfect for river travel, but too shallow and too thinly crafted for any sort of bad weather.
The people he sent to trade previously, have gotten quite adept at their new job in the meantime. While still novices overall, these traders are our greatest resource next to the Chief himself.
The Traders themselves, are not aware of their importance, and are having a good time.
They use some animal blood to paint crude pictures of the Sun and Moon onto the hull.

Their wives, and the Chieftain wave the traders goodbye, as they sail off to their first, long-term trade mission.
>>
>>1360057
Are you the same dude who runned the quest in which our civ ended up in america and conquered the old world from there?

>>1371413
I say we develop/promote our Black Sun cult more, create pots and such related to it. Eventually we wanna convert the neighbouring tribes around us to our religion and gifting them stuff related to it might help.
>>
>>1371413
We should probably begin speaking with the prophet about the black sun cult and what it stands for
>>
>>1371506
yes I am.
>>
>>1371506
I think we should see what the cult is all about before we accept it as our offical religeon
>>
>>1371576
Agree, but I feel like it's already engulfing a lot of our people. It might be best to get involved early on with the development of it so we can steer it in a way that might benefit us in the future.
>>
>>1371516
Really cool to have you hosting this civ quest. I liked your previous one but at times it felt like we were too powerful of sorts, but I read we're doing a hard mode with this quest so that should be fun.
>>
The cult of the black sun is probably monotheistic so maybe shed some divine knowledge luke our father once did in order to shape the religeon into something more flexible
>>
>>1371413
>Develop trade more
>Become trade hub
>Timeskip till then.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.