[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gem Quest 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 10

File: on the coast.jpg (119KB, 960x420px) Image search: [Google]
on the coast.jpg
119KB, 960x420px
Your name is Owen, a 20 year old guy and suspended student of THU. In the meantime you've gotten a job and apartment in the small coastal town of Diamond Shoals. Having been here a couple months, which as a popular tourist destination is already months more than most, you've gotten a rough feel for the town and its people.

Sunday is a day off for you, and while normally you'd head over to the community center to see about getting in on a game, this time you've got other potential obligations. A few days back you helped a local girl, Sarah, carrying a large number of groceries. You saw she lives in the service house for the lighthouse, you met one of the "women" she lives with, and to thank you for your help she invited you to help her collect sea shells for the coming sandcastle contest.

Having gotten breakfast and your morning routine out of the way, it's approaching noon and you're in your apartment above the bookstore in the closest thing to a downtown. You're wearing your usual track suit as well, just in case you want to go for a run. Without a car you'll probably be running anywhere anyway. What do you do?

>Get your shoes on and go for that run anyway, might as well get some exercise in before anything.
>Head on over to Sarah's house, see about helping with her request.
>Head down to the community center anyway, sea shells can wait and you'd have more fun playing dodge ball or something like that.
>[Write-in]
>>
>>132862
>>Get your shoes on and go for that run anyway, might as well get some exercise in before anything.
Already wearing a track suit, why not
>>
>>132862
>Get those gains
Whilst squatting. You must be up to cheeki breeki for your long line of Slavs. Ranging from Father Ivanovich. And Grandpa Gregoivanich
>>
>>132862
>Get your shoes on and go for that run anyway, might as well get some exercise in before anything.
>>
It looks like going for a run is the best idea for now. Maybe you'll help Sarah but you don't know what she has in mind and for how long, so you'll get exercise out of the way beforehand.

So you throw on your running shoes, head on out and set out on a good pace for yourself. Normally you're more a sprinter and top speed is your strength, but you've been wanting to improve your endurance running since getting suspended.

Well, you try. You make it about thirty minutes around town, doubling back when you reached the old Admiralty Estate, before you're out of breath and have to take a seat on one of the benches along an offshoot of main street. While taking a rest, you glance around to the two nearest stores, noticing Missed Connections thrift store and Seaskate Sports. What now?

>Check out the thrift store, could be something cool who knows?
>Seaskate Sports is more in line with what you're after, probably something like sandcastle equipment there.
>Go at an easy pace back in the direction of your apartment and on towards the coast, it'll take you a good while if you're headed to the beach so you'll be able to catch your breath and take up running again.
>[Write-in.]

Sorry, can't find my stylus to draw, but I'll keep looking.
>>
>>132862
>Head on over to Sarah's house, see about helping with her request.

>>132877
Ivan you blin. Yuo forget vodka
>>
>>132985
Last thread as well, to link.

>>71071
>>
>>132985
>Check out the thrift store, could be something cool who knows?
>>
>>132985
>Seaskate Sports is more in line with what you're after, probably something like sandcastle equipment there.
>>
>>133057
>>133058

Well you tossed a coin and ended up settling on the thrift store. Heading in to the sound of an electric tone at the entrance, you seek check the place out for yourself. You've passed by a few times, never actually gone inside, but there's a first time for everything.

"Hey welcome to Missed Connections! If you're looking to drop anything off, the donation bay is around the back."

You recognize Emily as the cashier on duty, a hipster about your age that you've seen around town a few times. Well maybe she isn't a hipster but she's got a really strange fashion sense, and knowing she works here you now understand why.

Perusing the aisles for awhile it mostly seems to be clothes and shoes, a couple of pairs which actually catch your eyes. Eventually though you find the various items for sale past the furniture showcase. All sorts of wacky stuff is here, and while the general theme seems to be seaside decor (you swear that's just a buoy someone stole from the marina), there's a good selection of stuff that isn't. Interested in buying anything?

>Something to help with the sandcastle competition, or at least what you assume you'll be doing when you head over to the beach.
>Something for yourself, your apartment is pretty sparse to be frank so you could drop twenty bucks for some random stuff to litter about the place.
>You're just browsing, there's other places to be... like the sports store!
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>133136
>You're just browsing, there's other places to be... like the sports store!
>>
>>133136
>>Something to help with the sandcastle competition, or at least what you assume you'll be doing when you head over to the beach.
>>
>>134644
You peruse about some of the items and actually come across, appropriately enough, a number of sand dollars! Some are broken just from being shuffled around in display but you get a few that are in good condition. Not sure what to put them in, you figure to just grab a small plastic kiddie bucket and make for the register.

"Ah, taking some of the shells and stuff off our hands? Normally that's Miss Melody's job but we're always happy to clear inventory."

You're pretty sure she's referring to the woman who owns the natural art store a ways down. Either way, you pay the two bucks for the lot and are thanked by Emily, before heading out to...

>>134644
The next door! Ah it can't hurt to make another short stop, and you know your way around the sports store well enough as a semi-regular customer.

"Heeey Owen, still waiting on the new Bike kicks. You know how it is when we're this far out."

Past a number of high schoolers herded by Coach Bradford, you can see Chuck, the owner. He's obviously referring to the new pair of shoes you'd been looking up on for a few weeks now, but he seems busy enough that you don't want to butt in yet.

As before you peruse around looking for anything that might come in handy later on, and you end up going to aisles of the store you normally never would. Eventually you come across more specific-use beachware, in this case an actual sandcaste building set. A boxed collection of typical plastic "tools" you'd expect to see at the Mega World Mart for not more than a couple dollars, but this seems to be a little more professional in presentation. Or at least, it's packaged to make it look cool and serious in a way that would probably appeal to kids. Which Sarah just so happens to be!

12.99 spent for the overpriced plastic after a wait in line, but you've got a pretty good alibi for being late.

>Head back to your place, might as well change into shorts or something if you're going to be traipsing about the beach all afternoon.
>Make for the beach as is, you've put it off long enough and you don't want to carry this junk any more than you have to.
>Might as well make another stop along the way and get something to eat, you're not too hungry now but could be later on.
>[Write in.]
>>
>>134748
>>Make for the beach as is, you've put it off long enough and you don't want to carry this junk any more than you have to.
>>
>>134776
Well it's a little past one, if you're going to do this then you've avoided it all you're going to. It would take you a good while to walk over there form where you are and though you can't run carrying all this stuff, you manage a good jogging pace. Still, it takes you about fifteen minutes just to pass by your apartment and another twenty odd along the beach road to make it to Sarah's place by the lighthouse.

You can't say you expected her to just be waiting out there for you, not this late but you realize you're not really sure where to look for her. She didn't specify where you'd be looking about the beach, and considering most of the island is a beach it would take you more than the rest of the day to circle it looking for her.

You can't even say it's a shame you don't have her number since you're almost positive she doesn't have a cell phone.

>Try ringing the doorbell, maybe she's here or someone who can tell you where she is.
>Go looking for her on your own, she didn't say where she'd be but you'd guess it wouldn't be too far from her house.
>Search the lighthouse grounds, maybe even a trip up to the light itself given it's probably tall enough that you'd see her if she's anywhere nearby.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>134938
>>Try ringing the doorbell, maybe she's here or someone who can tell you where she is.
>>
>>135033
You're not going to just sit around and wait for who knows how long, so you proceed up the steps and press the doorbell. Even standing outside though you can tell it doesn't work by listening, maybe it's intentionally disabled? Unfazed, you try knocking instead. After waiting a bit and knocking a second time, you hear movement inside and eventually the door is drawn open.

"No no, we're not accepting deliveries- ah, it's just you. What brings you out here today Owen... looking to make a sand chateau?"

Standing and holding the door open is Soleil, the "woman" who seems to look after Sarah. At least you think she's a woman, but you've never met one before with almost orange skin and glowing eyes. She didn't look all too happy when she answered the door to begin with, but seeing you holding various kiddie toys brings a smirk to her face. You start to feel that getting a look at yourself, would give you the same reaction considering you probably look at least a little ridiculous.

>Try to be friendly, maybe make light of the situation.
>Just ask her where Sarah is, and try to explain so she doesn't think ill of you like last time.
>Invite yourself in, anything that can be said can be said inside.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>135163
>Just ask her where Sarah is, and try to explain so she doesn't think ill of you like last time.
>>
>>135163

Man, we look like the shadiest motherfucker ever, don't we.
>>
>>135223
>>135262

Your last interaction with Sol was not entirely friendly, so you'd like to not stick around with her more than you have to. Shortly before opening your mouth though, you come to realize how suspicious you come off as.

"Hey Soleil, I'm just here for Sarah. I... we.... last time I was here, she asked me to be on her team for the competition. That's what... all this stuff is for, yeah! Not presents, just supplies, to help us win."

As you drag on it becomes harder and harder, your mind jumbling thoughts and barely making sense out of sentences in awkwardness, as her gaze remains fixed on you and her eyes narrow. You're half expecting to be grabbed and have your arm twisted again, flinching when she reaches out towards you. Instead though she tilts the bucket a little to look inside and check out the contents.

"You remember what we talked about last time, oui? How am I supposed to take zhis?"

She's obviously a little less than trusting of you, her skepticism almost beating you over the head.

>Explain that like last time, this is all a big misunderstanding!
>Tell her if she's worried about *anything*, you have no problem with her coming along. In fact she can probably better lead you right to Sarah instead of giving beach directions.
>Ask her how she would like to proceed with this, being the girl's caretaker or the closest thing to it.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>135388
>>Explain that like last time, this is all a big misunderstanding!
Then
>>Tell her if she's worried about *anything*, you have no problem with her coming along. In fact she can probably better lead you right to Sarah instead of giving beach directions.
>>
>>135404
This is all a big misunderstanding, you swear! You try to better explain what's going on and exactly what happened for you to be here. You don't fare much better than you did initially speaking to her, so it doesn't seem to do much in putting her concerns to rest.

"Once is happenstance, twice is me putting my foot down. You cannot expect me to-"

"Wait wait, listen... look, I know this is sketchy. If I were you I probably wouldn't be ok with this either. But let's not even bother with promises or trust, just come with me. You can take me to Sarah, and can make sure I'm not up to anything."

You interrupted her to try and get your point across before she made up her mind, and while she seemed irritated by it, she ends up taking a deep breath and sighing while bringing a hand to her face.

"You are lucky Sarah is not alone, or else we wouldn't be having zhis conversation. I cannot leave zhe house, I must remain in case Emma returns, but you can go ahead. You'll find zhem out past zhe trail, beyond zhe phare... ah, zhe second trail."

Her directions are vague unlike her disdain for the situation, but you get the feeling that maybe she wants you to get lost along the way. Before you take your leave she does grab you by the arm though, holding you fast, and reminds you of the exchange between you last time. You don't doubt she'd make good on that, if you were stupid enough to give her reason to. Even as you head out, you notice her remaining in the doorway, watching you like a hawk as you leave.

>Slow your heart and go look for the trail, you've made it this far and past the biggest hurdle.
>Once you're out of sight, bolt. You're not sure she won't follow you anyway.
>Take a seat behind the lighthouse out of sight and cry deeply, lamenting your life and how it came to be like this.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>135539
>>Slow your heart and go look for the trail, you've made it this far and past the biggest hurdle.
>>
>Slow your heart and go look for the trail, you've made it this far and past the biggest hurdle.
>>
>>135553
>>135573

Glad to be out of that situation, once out of sight you lean against the lighthouse to slow your breathing and heart rate. Something about Soleil just creeps you out, and it's not her justified attitude towards you either. You wonder if maybe she has some sort of medical condition explaining her appearance, before heading on. Crossing the decently kept lawn of the lighthouse grounds, eventually you come to the periphery where sand starts to take over and dunes begin to rise. You stand looking around for a bit, making out a few clearly designated wooden walkways, but a closer look indicates a couple of unmarked trails besides. You assume these to be what Soleil was referring to, and so take the second.

Heading along between the wild grasses and reeds along the trail, you very quickly wish you hadn't come in your running shoes and stop to take them off before they get any more sand in them. Making your way to the top of one of the dunes along the trail, you get sight of the ocean and are greeted by that sea breeze. You probably should have bought sunblock too, but there's no point going back now, and you don't think you'll be out here all that long anyway.

About fifteen minutes of following the trail along and over the small dunes and you finally come to a point where the grasses end and the beach itself begins. Either by good directions or luck, you also manage to make out two figures a ways down the beach, clearly one of them being a young girl. Jostling the gear in your arms, you head in their direction. Eventually they too catch sight of you though, with Sarah running over to you clearly ecstatic.

"Owen! I knew you'd show up, I kept telling Sol even though she said no way was it happening! With you and Lee now, we've got a full team!"

Sarah jumps about, talking on about her schemes and plans to win the competition, but you notice the person with her. It seemed she too noticed you from a ways away and when she did she also stared running over, but when your attention turned to her she precariously slowed to a walk and nearly fell over. Turning a little red, she closes the distance and hesitantly raises a hand in a half wave.

"H-Hey Owen. Sarah told me you were on the team but... I didn't think you'd..."

It's Lee, a waitress in town from one of the restaurants you frequent, Murricane Holly's. A year older than you if you remember, she's always pretty friendly though tends to linger and want to talk or sit with you whenever you're at Holly's even when she's on the clock.

>Make your greetings, offer up the various stuff you bought.
>Ask them what's up, how long they've been here and what the plan is.
>Meet their enthusiasm in kind, the competition is as good as won!
>[Write-in.]

Got to duck out for a little while, will continue when I return. Feel free to toss up suggestions till then. Also hopefully I'll have my tablet ready to go.
>>
>>135741
>>Make your greetings, offer up the various stuff you bought.
>>
>>135741
to victory!
>>
I return, apologies for the delay.

>>135782
>>135847

They seem pretty invested in the competition, so you feel like matching them in that regard. You're not sure of all the details of the competition itself, but being honest with yourself you think all this might be overkill.

"Was there ever any doubt, now that I'm here? And just so they know how soundly we've beaten them, I've brought some secret weapons of my own."

You play it pretty cool and confident, befitting of a would-be lord of the beach. Sarah's eyes sparkle in amazement till you hand her the box of sand building tools and she figuratively tears into it with curiosity, but Lee certainly seems convinced and tries to add a little dramatic flair in response. It doesn't come out well though, and she trails off when she realizes it too.

"Hey yeah, none will be able to stand against us and the might of our castle! Ahaha-haaa... well I mean, our team..."

"Hold the phone, this is kids stuff! You spent money on this junk?"

Sarah is less than impressed though, gingerly drawing out some of the plastic tools with a level of disgust befitting her scrunched face. After getting a look a few of them, she drops them back in the box and promptly drops it to the sand with a clunk.

"Kid, I don't see you bringing anything to the table. You got something better to contribute?"

She stifles a laugh with a snort, shaking her head with her hands raised at her sides. Arrogance maybe, or dismissal?

"Owen let me just say up front, you're welcome to the team but don't forget yourself, rookie. You brought toys to a battle, I'm bringing the heat."

>Well then, if she's so high and mighty, what's her master plan then to win the competition?
>Show her that you also have the sand dollars, it can't be a total loss if she's on the hunt for sea shells.
>Who does she think she's talking to? She's a thousand years too early to be fronting on the king of the beach! You guess it can't be helped...
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>138285
>>Show her that you also have the sand dollars, it can't be a total loss if she's on the hunt for sea shells.
>>
>>138289

"Well excuuuse me princess, I'm not looking to question your experience but I did more than waste my money on toys apparently."

Maybe you bit off more than you could chew, trying to play it cool and maybe even work your way into becoming the team leader. In trying to save face though, you hand her the little bucket with the sand dollars within. At first without seeing the contents, she doesn't look like she expects much from you, but her demeanor changes noticeably when looking inside.

"Oh cool, frisbee shells! Now this is something we can work with."

"Those are pretty cool, where did you get them Owen? Wait... frisbee shells?"

You make an effort to pick up the box since it's where you're keeping your socks and shoes. The important thing is that your efforts to buy their attention seemed to have worked, and your being late to help hasn't been brought up. If you can avoid being chided by a preteen for something as petty as being late to hunt for seashells on your day off, you'd like that.

>Ask what they've been up to so far then, maybe they don't actually need your help as much.
>Try to figure out more about the competition itself, despite everything to have gone on so far you're admittedly not even sure what it entails.
>So what's the plan then, you're hunting sea shells right? Is there some goal you're striving for, as a team?
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>138459
>So what's the plan then, you're hunting sea shells right? Is there some goal you're striving for, as a team?
>>
>>139188

"So... looking for sea shells?"

You figure not to linger any longer by not having a strange dynamic conversation with a preteen, and try to get to the reason for you being out here in the first place.

"Yes, right. We're trying to get seashells that will hold the sandcastle up from the inside, that way we can make it bigger. People think they're just to make it look pretty but that's not the best reason."

Well you wouldn't have guessed that on your own, but you wonder how that factors into the rules... are there any rules? What even is the prize? You suppose you'll find out when it comes to that, considering by all present company you're going to win. You do ask her though more specifically how you're going to go about all this.

"Me and Lee... ha that sounds like a rhyme! We were looking for shells as we went but now you're here we can split up."

She makes some indication how the two of them had been doing it earlier, by splitting the beach roughly in half and moving side by side together along it. By splitting up though she seems to mean the group moving in different directions along the beach to cover more ground. How this will happen, well you'll just have to assume you're doing it right since she runs off, leaving you with Lee.

"Try finding weird shaped ones, the bigger the better. We've got a few already but now you're here..."

>Start looking in the same direction as Sarah, she's moving fast enough that you probably won't end up doing much work anyway.
>Go in the same direction as Lee, together you can move at a slower pace and cover the same ground.
>Go your own way, and start searching along the waterline. Roll up your pants first though, you're going to get wet.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>139357
>Go your own way, and start searching along the waterline. Roll up your pants first though, you're going to get wet.
>>
>>139374

Well there's no helping it, if you want to at least make it seem like you're pulling your weight, you might as well cover ground neither of the girls have. Taking the chance to roll your pants up and saying goodby to Lee for now, you head down to the waterline.

It's a messy business at first to say the least, trying to slog along through wet shifting sand and the constant wash of the waves. Eventually though you work out a pretty good system by which you alternate running in and out, following the tide as it washes in and recedes. You limit your exposure to the surf while getting a pretty good sight of anything brought in or exposed by the water, and it all works out quite well with your running skills.

Well you might look stupid to other people, whom you notice from time to time either going along the beach or swimming in the water, but they're tourists so what do you care? You can't believe you thought that, you've only been here a couple months and already are starting to fit in and feel like you belong.

---

About an hour of this passes, with the three of you coming to place your finds in some of the plastic buckets that came with the sandcastle building kit. The other two though are quite impressed with your haul so to speak, since while you haven't gotten nearly as many as them, yours have a very nice quality to them; a distinctive sheen in many vibrant colors, almost glowing in the right light. They also have some rather odd shapes, the likes of which you haven't seen before and a couple are even quite big.

It looks like your efforts to scour the waterline paid off, and your contribution to the team can't be questioned. Though did you really care if there was any doubt to begin with?

You're thinking about calling it for the day after not too much more of this, but one thing that's been on your mind is getting out one very large shell you came across earlier on. You made it out just barely underneath the sand, and have been continually coming back to it to dig a little more sand away with your feet each time and let the waves increasingly unearth the shell as a result. Making your way back, you can see it sticking out of the sand pretty well now, and may even be able to try to pull it up with your hands. Like the other shells you found, it has a brilliant color, strange shape and is almost the size of your head.

>Try to pull up the shell yourself, using your hands if you have to.
>Make more of an effort to let it surface on its own, it shouldn't take too long.
>Try to get the help of Sarah or Lee, though they are far away so it'll take a run to get close enough to call for either of them.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>139412
>â–¶
>Try to pull up the shell yourself, using your hands if you have to.
>>
>>139412
>[Write-in.]
make a trench around the shell so it would increase the surfacing process and then pull it
>>
>>139412
>>Try to pull up the shell yourself, using your hands if you have to.
>>
>>139434
>>139438
>>139441

You continue to do what you'd been doing before and dig around the shell some to let the water do the work, giving it a little bit before getting your hands on the thing and struggling to lift. Well it's obviously big though you're surprised how heavy it is, but getting up to use your legs you manage to inch it out of the sand. Finally a last wave comes in and washes over you to about your waist, but amid the water you manage to pull free the big shell. Already under the water you can see the flash of colors as you turn it over in your hands, though when the surf recedes, the moment the shell interior is exposed to the air you're faced with a low groaning sound as the shell itself begins to shake in your arms.

Before you have much a chance to act, some sort of colored appendage reaches out to flail around wildly and ends up hitting you in the chest, hard. You're knocked clear off your feet into the wet sand, dropping the shell in the process. Seeing white, you sit up and try to regain your senses, doing so when another wave washes in and reaches about as high as your elbows sitting up as you are. From the water though you can see much splashing and a flurry of motion as a number of other off-red appendages extend from the shell, and slowly raise it just barely out of the water. You hear the groaning sound again echoing from inside the shell, and the jointed limbs start to splash against the receding tide as it begins to move towards you.

For the most part you seem content to write this off as a hallucination after hitting the sand that hard, though the pain is certainly real.

>Move away from the thing, crawl backwards even if you have to.
>Look around for something to defend yourself with in case it's hostile.
>Try to approach it yourself, maybe it actually is real?
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>139464
>Look around for something to defend yourself with in case it's hostile.
>>
>>139464
>Move away from the thing, crawl backwards even if you have to.
>>
>>139472
>>139505

You don't like the look of... whatever this thing is, and so probably wisely start backing up from it, crawling away at first till you stumble across the remains of a plank of driftwood. Picking it up as you move to your feet, you return your focus to the shell creature to find to your surprise that it has not only followed you out of the water, but paced around to wind up behind you. Looks like it's quite fast, probably due to all those limbs. As it is now, your back is to the water as it approaches, occasionally echoing the same groan and shaking in the process.

You get the feeling that it wants you to continue backing up way from it, into the water now, so you decide to take a stand as the surf washes past your shins. Holding the board at the ready as the creature approaches, you see two of the limbs reach out towards you and think to take a swing, but instead of going directly for you they plunge into the sand and promptly upturn and toss a large amount in your direction. Particularly, at your face. Instinctually you draw your arms up in defense and manage to block most of the wet sand (though some of it still hits you in the face), but almost immediately after you feel a sharp pain in your legs as you are swept off your feet by a solid low blow by the creature. Landing on your back again with a splash, you try to sit up but are promptly pushed back down and hard, by two of the limbs against each of your shoulders. With your head pushed under the water for a moment before it recedes, fortunately the sand is washed from your head but coughing amid seawater, you realize if a bigger wave comes in you're going to be completely submerged.

>You still have the board in one hand, try to swing it at the limbs.
>Make use of your legs, kicking the shell itself could work.
>Try to shuffle your body beneath the creature, maybe you can wrest free of its hold.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>139538
>You still have the board in one hand, try to swing it at the limbs.
>>
>>139564

Well you don't have a lot of options, and you better act quickly. Tightening your grip on the board, you let loose a furious assault of unparalleled proportions. The result being, like a kid madly hitting a statue with a foam noodle. The creature barely seems to register the assault as the board clatters against the red-hued limbs, to the point where eventually the thing just breaks to your alarm, as you look at the remains in your hand.

And then the surf comes in, you're lucky with this one though and it's not enough to submerge your head. Thanking your stars, you figure it will give you more time to act and otherwise get away from this thing. Instead though you're met with a directed bellowing echo from the shell creature, causing a good deal of pain as you try to bring your hands to your ears. Before you can regain your senses you feel yourself hoisted off the ground and into the air, catching a glimpse of the creature from above at the top of the shell, after which you are promptly and rather roughly thrown towards the water.

You can't gauge the distance, spinning as you went, but you landed in the water with enough force to hit the sand beneath hard. Winded from the impact, you struggle to make it above the water and catch a breath. At least you're away form the thing though, but you can guess where it's headed now.

>Try swimming away from it, maybe in the open water it will have a harder time of catching you?
>Make your best effort to skirt around it, between a combination of diving low till you reach shallow enough water that you can run.
>Go straight for the thing, in water this deep you might have a better chance of going directly for it.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>139654
>[Write-in.]
get to dry land and get help. This thing like to drown people
>>
Good sense takes hold and you realize there's no way in hell you're going to beat this thing, especially not in deeper water. With some quick thinking, you paddle back a bit as the creature draws nearer, its limbs extending so that the shell remains just above water. Eventually when another wave comes though, you duck under and swim with it, hoping that the creature gets distracted by being washed over for a moment.

You don't bother to look back as you swim like mad till it becomes shallow enough that you can get up and start running. Moving to your feet, you go at a good pace and finally make it out of the water for sure. Leaning over on your knees to finally take the chance to properly catch your breath, though the pain from the struggle so far is starting to set in.

Ready to continue as needed, you straighten up only to find the creature approaching rapidly, probably having just sighted you after losing track from the wave. You look around for a moment to see if there's anything you might be able to use, but realize it's probably best just to run. Before you get the chance though you hear an approaching yell as you notice Lee fly into the side of the creature in a kick from a full run. The force of the blow doesn't seem like much, but topples the creature with a flail of limbs in a wild attempt to regain it's footing, letting out a distinctive loud growl. A little weird, it almost came off as though it were alarmed.

"Owen, get back! This is a broken one, it'll keep lashing out at whatever's close by!"

You're not sure what she's on about, but she struck where it counted and destabilized the creature. The time just isn't there to ponder it or ask, but quick logic warrants a guess that she's at least partially familiar with this... thing.

>Help her out, following her lead if you can in targeting the shell of the creature.
>Try to get her to leave with you, going as far as grabbing her if you have to.
>Just bolt, it doesn't matter where. You're a runner, make use of it.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>139710
>>Help her out, following her lead if you can in targeting the shell of the creature.
Bad decisions ho!
>>
>>139808

Something something need to protect a woman in need! Never mind that she may have the knowledge or experience to know how to deal with the creature, what matters is that together you may be able to stand a chance.

After being sent reeling by her kick and seeming to focus its attention on her, you run around to what you judge to be the back of the creature and aim to jump on the shell. By your effort and weight, or perhaps just by surprise, you managed to force the shell to the ground.

"Oh- well done! I think if we can just keep it under control until Sarah gets here..."

You start to question Lee's sanity if she wants the help of the little girl in this situation, and as far as you're concerned, that actually is the last thing you would possibly want to have happen. Whether or not she actually meant it though, she soon joins you in attempting to subdue the creature, repeatedly kicking the shell while you more or less lay on top of it. Between the two of you, despite a continued growling from it, the number of red limbs retract within the shell.

"Alright! Now that's more like it, you think we can drown this thing instead? A little payback might be nice."

You feel pretty good about the little triumph, but Lee is clearly concerned, perhaps due to the increasing rumble of the shell beneath you.

"It shouldn't be that easy, the other ones had to be destro-"

With a sudden roar-sounding echo and burst of sand, all of the limbs reemerge together at once in a joined fashion, enough to propel the shell into the air about fifteen feet or so with you still on top. Lee was knocked clear in the process though, and you call out to her as she looks up only too late to notice several of the appendages of the creature swinging together at her. Right before they can connect though, a cloudy transparent sphere forms around her and Sarah who arrived and made a running dive for Lee with a cry. When the appendages make contact with the sphere there is a resounding noise of something like a bottle being struck, but otherwise the creature was unable to damage the sphere in any notable way. It continues to hold up even under the angry continued assault of the shell, seemingly frustrated by the ineffectiveness of it's efforts. For now at least, it seems the girls are safe... safer than you at any rate.

>Try to get down off the shell, with the creature distracted it doesn't seem aware of you and probably won't notice you fall.
>Take advantage of the situation, start pounding on the shell if you can manage.
>Try to draw the attention of the creature without attacking it, see how well it manages to defend itself when you're right on it.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>139837
>>Try to draw the attention of the creature without attacking it, see how well it manages to defend itself when you're right on it.
This can only end well for us
>>
From where you are, the best course of action to you is to gain the attention of the creature but not its ire. How to do that, well...

Yelling at it doesn't produce much of an effect, nor does waving your hand in front of what you believe to be the "front". Finally you try taking off your jacket and struggle to reach underneath the creature in order to wrap the shell up with it as best you can. This definitely provokes a reaction, as the creature now tries to reach for you with some of the limbs while precariously balancing on others. Unable to throw you off, it instead resorts to moving about wildly, likely intending to make you fall off from the rapid movements. Well it has some of the desired effect, as you do fall off but remain holding onto your jacket, so that you now hang from the partially wrapped-up shell by the arms of your jacket like a zipline handle.

Struggling about the beach unsteadily and growling in muffled echoes, you hang onto the creature for dear life till your waist gets caught by one of the flailing appendages, sending you flying to the ground with a sandy thud. Struggling to sit up, you notice your jacket still wrapped around it, as the creature continues to stagger about flailing violently. While it didn't seem to have any eyes, whatever you did has clearly disoriented it. Momentarily you are helped to your feet when Lee rushes over after the smoky sphere around her vanishes like a bubble popping.

"You did it Owen! Maybe that'll buy us some time to figure out... Sarah, what should we do?"

The two of you wait for a response from the girl, but you look over when there's no response. She seems to be caught in a situation of wanting to approach the struggling creature to take action against it, but simultaneously being afraid or unsure of what actually to do. Lee takes a deep breath, turning her attention to you.

"Are you good to stand? We may have to take the thing down ourselves, till Sarah can restrain it."

>Agree to work together to subdue the creature, it's obviously dangerous but you believe in your capabilities together.
>Tell Lee to get Sarah out of here, you'll remain to act as a distraction if and when the creature frees itself from your jacket.
>Try to get all of you to leave, this is too dangerous for the lot of you.
>[Write-in.]

Last post for now, going to sleep. Will continue things after, go ahead and post actions though in the meantime.
>>
>>139895
>>Agree to work together to subdue the creature, it's obviously dangerous but you believe in your capabilities together.
They clearly know what's going on, no need to be patronizing
>>
File: image.jpg (352KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
352KB, 2048x1536px
Back, and found my pen.

>>139904

"Yeah I can stand, and if we do this together, we can manage."

Nodding in affirmation, Lee takes leave of your side to make her way over to Sarah to try to help her get in the game. You take the chance to approach the creature again, and try to get a feel for its struggle and what it's capable of.

Being sure to keep a relatively safe distance for the time being, you watch and make note of its... physiology, if you can call it that. From the look of things the way the shell is, the appendages reaching out of the opening can't actually contort enough to reach the top of the shell and so is unable to properly remove your jacket. At least for the time being, the way it's staggering you figure it won't be long before it tries to just rips the jacket apart by smashing against the sand.

The question is how to make good of the short time you have? From what you know, it seems going for the shell directly had the only real effect, and now it is elevated by about fifteen feet.

"Ok now, got any ideas? We have to do enough damage to destroy it, before Sarah can do her thing."

Lee approaches you carefully in order to speak quietly to you, perhaps to avoid being heard by the creature if such a thing is a risk. Taking the chance to look back over your shoulder, you also notice Sarah having run back to the box you'd all been dropping the found shells in, where she's busy rummaging through a backpack brought.

>Suggest throwing things at the creature, targeting the shell obviously. Only, there aren't many solid things to throw around here...
>Wait to see if the creature can free itself, hopefully by then Sarah will have returned with whatever Lee sent her off to.
>Why wait? Take the initiative and start attacking the legs, even if you can't exactly damage them.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>141617
Lee does
>>Why wait? Take the initiative and start attacking the legs, even if you can't exactly damage them.
While we
>>Why wait? Take the initiative and start attacking the legs, even if you can't exactly damage them.
>>
>>141617
>Suggest throwing things at the creature, targeting the shell obviously. Only, there aren't many solid things to throw around here...
>>
>>141628
Whoops, meant to say lee does
While we do the other
>>
File: image.jpg (347KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
347KB, 2048x1536px
You have the idea to try throwing stuff at the shell if and when the jacket comes undone, and you tell Lee to look for anything she can to throw. You in the meantime will go straight for the legs, maybe in its disoriented state you can actually cause an effect.

Perhaps too late as you run to approach though, you realize you're not exactly sure how to take action against the appendages. With nothing else to make use of, you resort to just kicking them. As before with the plank of wood, no discernible damage occurs and it actually hurts your bare feet, like kicking a solid wall. The benefit though you find out pretty soon, is further making the creature unsteady as you keep kicking whatever pair of legs it alternates on, causing it to stumble about even more and growl as a result.

In order to defend itself, it swings blindly around the ground with a spare limb or two, but on your feet and against a blind foe you're too agile for the most part and only suffer an occasionally glancing blow to the legs. Eventually by your efforts, the creature ends up losing balance and staggering sideways, failing to catch itself before falling over and crashing into the sand with a resultant echoed groan.

"Nice, that'll show you- oh..."

Prematurely dissing the creature, you notice it rising again from amid the sand and dust, now free of the jacket and audibly angry. You think now might be the time to just book it and run, till something whizzes past and strikes the shell dead center, knocking it back down and drawing out what you can only assume to be a yelp of pain.

Looking to the ground nearby, you make out what appears to be a baseball. Fairly confused, you try to see where it came from, and notice Lee a ways away holding a baseball bat while Sarah is holding out another baseball. You can guess that the bag she's holding has more inside, and it seems like they've got a little system.

>Stand aside and let them handle the rest, you assume they had possible combat in mind if they brought more than one baseball.
>Work with their attack, continue your physical assault while trying not to get in the way too much.
>Avoid direct attack but try to hold the creature's attention and keep it distracted while Lee does her ting.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>141788
>>Avoid direct attack but try to hold the creature's attention and keep it distracted while Lee does her ting.
>>
File: image.jpg (313KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
313KB, 2048x1536px
You figure anything you do will just get in the way, so decide to leave the actual hitting up to the apparent big leaguer. It seems like the smartest thing to just sit back and relax while Lee swings for the horizon, but predictably the creature upon regaining its footing immediately proceeds towards the girls. Of course it woudln't be that easy to just defeat the threat from range, so after some quick thinking and hesitation, you try to get your mind back in the game before bolting.

While running towards the creature you also notice that one of the limbs is now missing, and didn't reform after dissipating when the baseball struck the shell. This might make things easier then, as you make a running jump to kick at one of the appendages being used to walk. Sending the creature staggering again, you are met with a directed bellowing growl which jars your head, but serves as a clear indicator that it is now after you instead.

You proceed to keep at a full run around the beach, skirting the creature as it follows and attempts to lash out at you, and occasionally going back to kick it again when it loses interest in you. In a matter of minutes, Lee has delivered solid strike after strike (between a fair number of missed balls to be fair), with each hit visibly damaging the shell and reducing the number of limbs. Eventually the creature is down to one and has to move about by hopping in a pogo fashion, which you take to mean your chance has come.

Turning back to it, you make one final sprint and tackle into the remaining leg, knocking the shell back to the sand with a long echoing groan. Getting up, you quickly move into position to hold the shell down while the last limb flails about, so that Lee and Sarah can close in. The former of whom, runs up and without hesitation delivers a downward blow with the bat with enough force to lift both her feet off the ground for an instant. There follows a resounding low scream before the shell starts to shake violently and the cracks bleed many colors of light. Finally, in a cloudy burst of pressure, the shell shatters and a glowing pink shard of... something drops to the sand.

>Is that victory? Did you guys actually pull through? It seems congratulations may be in order.
>See the result for yourself, pick up the fallen shard to examine it.
>Collapse exhausted, you're tired but you earned it. You don't envy the pain you'll be feeling tomorrow though.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>141991
>>See the result for yourself, pick up the fallen shard to examine it.
"What could possibly go wrong?"
>>
>>141991
>See the result for yourself, pick up the fallen shard to examine it.
Sup Tiki
>>
>>142524
>>142004
>Sup Tiki

Not much, just had to take care of an unexpected errand. Will continue play as soon as I get back.
>>
File: image.jpg (183KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 2048x1536px
Curiosity gets the better of you, as you are drawn to the object which caused so much trouble and nearly killed you. Lee looked ready to celebrate and so wasn't expecting this course of action from you, trying only too late to stop you from touching the shard, let alone picking it up.

"No wait, Owen don't-!"

It's slightly warm to the touch, though oddly it feels as if the heat is radiating from within. This seems doubly true as you bring it up to your face to try to get a closer look, and can make out a dull glow from within. As close as you have it now, you can almost... yes, you swear you can hear something coming from the shard, almost like a voice...

"Owen... can I please have that? If we don't get it to the Vault, it'll come back again."

You feel a small tug at your shirt and turn to see Sarah standing next to you with her hand out. She seems fairly solemn about the whole ordeal, which from what little you know of her is out of place. You can make out Lee behind her, apparently trying to gesture in the direction of the lighthouse and maybe trying to non-verbally answer a little of your confusion.

>Hand the shard over, it's clearly important to Sarah.
>Keep the shard, you want answers first.
>Everything else can wait, for now a victory celebration is in order, at least a short one.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>143430
>>143430
then celebrate in the lighthouse
>>
>>143430
>>Hand the shard over, it's clearly important to Sarah.
>>
>>143430
>>
File: image.jpg (306KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306KB, 2048x1536px
You figure even if you did keep the thing you wouldn't know what to do with it. Plus the idea of it coming back is obviously a little alarming. After getting one last look at it, you hand the shard to Sarah who pockets it.

"YES! Victory! Talk about building sandcastles, our team is unstoppable! You should get the gems to let us take care of more problems on our own, Sarah."

"...Soleil isn't gonna' be happy. We can't hide it from her either since I don't know how to bubble stuff yet."

Lee is clearly ecstatic and does more than jump for joy as she holds up both hands for a double hi-five, which you weakly return. You can tell though Sarah is concerned, more with the aftermath than what actually happened it seems. From your limited experience with Soleil though, you can already guess how things will go, if you're correct in assuming that the shard will have to be given to her.

"Can we just be glad it's over? It's not every day that you pull a sea monster out of the sand."

"Oh right... you've never seen gem stuff before. I guess it explains all the weird shells you kept finding before."

That's a good point, as you recall the smaller similar shells you'd been picking up out of the wet sand since you started looking. Maybe the creature was influencing other shells in the area?

>Call it a day, you survived the encounter and it sounds like the shard needs to be taken somewhere sooner rather than later.
>Suggest hanging out here a little longer, you could use a rest after getting battered and nearly drowned.
>Forget these girls, they're crazy. You'd much rather be back at the community center playing dodgeball.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>145030
>>Suggest hanging out here a little longer, you could use a rest after getting battered and nearly drowned.
Might as well not let some crazy sea monster ruin our day
>>
>>145030
>Suggest hanging out here a little longer, you could use a rest after getting battered and nearly drowned.
>>
File: image.jpg (319KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
319KB, 2048x1536px
Lee and Sarah converse among themselves as the one picks up any stray baseballs lying around to toss to the other carrying the bag for them.

"You've got to admit though, I was pretty good with the bat! Told you it would come in handy, after that last mission."

"You were right, but I don't wanna' be the one to carry a bag fulla' baseballs everywhere we go. Anyways, we should probably head back to the house to-"

You let out a long loud sigh though, stretching your arms behind your head and falling backwards to lay on the beach. The girls notice, and exchange a knowing glance before getting the stuff to bring over.

---

"So what's the deal with the bat anyway? You were hitting better than I can throw."

"Four years of softball, courtesy of my dad. And uh... four years of being really bored after work, and using the field behind Holly's when no one was around."

Sarah laid out a towel on the sand while Lee brought her bag with some goodies from Holly's, a sandwich or two you don't hesitate to chomp into. Sarah also brought some of those Shark Sizzler ice creams, but forgot to put ice in the cooler so they all melted and exploded.

"What about you Owen, huh? I always see you running around, why all your clothes say THU on them?"

Sarah turns the line of questioning to you, half her face covered in melted, crackling ice cream.

>Talk a bit about yourself, tell them the truth.
>Deflect deflect deflect! You can talk about yourself, but they don't need to know the truth.
>It's too... disappointing to talk about, make something up.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>145248
>>Deflect deflect deflect! You can talk about yourself, but they don't need to know the truth.
Tell them the least embarrassing/disappointing parts
>>
>>145248
>Deflect deflect deflect! You can talk about yourself, but they don't need to know the truth.
>>
File: image.jpg (291KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
291KB, 2048x1536px
This isn't somewhere you want the conversation going, not with them, not with anyone. Already in your short time in town, too many times for your liking have you had to respond to questions about the former THU track star.

"It's for Tar Heel University, I was... well you know sports, track and field? Yeah. I'm... taking the semester off though. Got to keep in shape in the meantime though!"

"Oh so that's why you're always running!"

Realization washes over the preteen, and you can sense the gears in her head turning over the information. She probably knows the college anyway, given how big of a summer spot Diamond Shoals is. Not so much spring break though, for some reason.

You take a deep breath, feeling relieved at having deflected the questions to you, but you do notice if only for a moment Lee with an expression of skepticism when your eyes meet. Quickly looking away you bite into the sandwich again and try to shift focus to something else.

"So you think we got enough shells for the competition?"

---

About half an hour later the three of you are on your way back to the lighthouse, following the trail among the small dunes and grasses, all the various equipment and other items being carried between you.

"So what you're saying is, the shell monster was actually some sort of gemstone being?"

"A broken one, right. When they break, they sort of get weird and can turn into monsters sometimes, I think... when they're not broken though, they're more normal, like people. Just look at Sarah."

Along the way you couldn't help but ask about the creature that almost killed you. You'd expected Sarah to be the one to explain, based on how she'd seemed with the shard, but Lee seems pretty knowledgeable on the matter herself. Or at least, more knowledgeable than you. Maybe it was for the best that she explained it, since her obviously limited understanding made her explanation very simple.

"I'm only half a gem, from my mom's side. My dad's normal though."

"Right, sorry. You've probably heard her dad on the radio."

While walking in front of the two of you, Sarah turns her head back to talk. After shuffling things around in her arms, she also lifts up the back of her hoodie by a bit. True to her word, there on her lower back looks to be stuck an opaque grey gemstone, such that for a second you'd almost mistaken it for a tramp stamp.

"With a shattered gem like this one, all we can really do is contain 'em, keep 'em safe. That's why we have to take it to Soleil."

Oh right. You remember having to to see her again, as the three of you reach the edge of the lighthouse grounds, and the wild grass gives way to kempt lawn.

>Suck it up and bear it if you have to, you fought the shell monster as a team and you'll face the consequences as a team.
>No way are you sticking around, already Soleil doesn't much like you so this can't help.
>Question the possibility of finding another way of taking care of the shard, that doesn't involve her.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>145573
>>Suck it up and bear it if you have to, you fought the shell monster as a team and you'll face the consequences as a team.
>>
>>145573
>>Suck it up and bear it if you have to, you fought the shell monster as a team and you'll face the consequences as a team.
>>
>>145573
Suck it up and get some answers
>>
File: image.jpg (308KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
308KB, 2048x1536px
Well you wouldn't call them friends just yet, but you're not going to abandon them anyway. Following along around the back of the service house, Sarah leads the way through the kitchen via a back door and into the living room to drop off all your guys' stuff. Either by the sound of your movements and conversing or just by opening and closing the door, you notice Soleil come down the stairs and stop to lean on the bannister.

"So, how were zhings? Did you have a nice time?"

"Oh it was fine. We ran around in the sun, found some seashells, had lunch. Good team building experience, for the competition."

Lee seemed half a mind to smooth over what happened, or at least lessen the impact. The way she carried on, you can sense a fair amount of familiarity between her and Soleil, and you wonder how familiar she is with this... family? While she's talking though, Sarah sets down the stuff she'd been carrying and slowly approaches the stairs, rummaging through the pocket of her hoodie till she draws from it the shard to hold out. Soleil's attention is held be Lee such that she affords a passing glance to Sarah, but after a few moments she does a double take as her glowing eyes focus on the shard. Lee notices this and her voice trails off, as Soleil gently takes it from Sarah's hands.

"Zhis is... a gem fragment? A corrupted one too, how did you-"

"I found it." you speak up, "It was buried in the sand, beneath the surf. I didn't know what it was, so I pulled it up and it came alive in my arms."

Her gaze turns to you at your interjection with a look that feels like an icy grip on your heart. As she hears your explanation her eyes narrow, and without breaking her stare, she makes a turn of her wrist which appears to create a golden bubble floating in the air with the shard suspended within. Another turn of the wrist and the bubble promptly disappears with a distinctive *voip* sound.

"It didn't come alive, it always was. Typical... you see somezhing shiny, zhat you don't understand, and you immediately pick it up."

"Oh but he was amazing Sol! He fought it on his own till we caught up, and he even kept it busy till Lee could beat it with her bat!"

You feel as though she might immolate you where you stand with her utter disdain, though you hold your own and stand firm. Ironically though it's Sarah who makes the effor to speak up on your behalf, glazing over how you nearly died a bit, but otherwise making you sound like a hero of sorts. Soleil's eyes quickly shift to Lee who quickly nods in affirmation. Eventually though her gaze returns and settles on you.

"Is zhat so? It is still dangerous, you should have come to me..."

>Continue to explain for the team, it wasn't anything you guys couldn't handle.
>Let the others do the talking, you think you've said your bit.
>Take the blame, it didn't occur to you to run back and get her, not to mention your general ignorance on the matter of all this gem stuff.
>[Write-in.]
>>
>>145922
>>Continue to explain for the team, it wasn't anything you guys couldn't handle.
>>Take the blame, it didn't occur to you to run back and get her, not to mention your general ignorance on the matter of all this gem stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (354KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
354KB, 2048x1536px
If you can take the blame, you will. At least in part because you kind of feel responsible for what happened, but also because you have an excuse to get away with it.

"Going to get you was one of our first priorities, but we didn't want to leave the monster alone in case it ended up going after other people. I thought about running for your help on my own, but I didn't want to leave them alone with it either." you gesture to both Sarah and Lee.

This line of reasoning seems to have quite an effect on her, at least visibly so, as Soleil eases up with her stance and glare. You can guess she probably doesn't have much patience or faith in someone like you with no experience in the matter, but your intentions are at least respectable. Definitely a departure from her initial concerns of you being some kind of stalker pervert.

"Well, as long as none of you were 'urt... but you need to understand how dangerous it can be, especially you Owen. Until you 'ave been prepared by either Emma or myself, zhe risk is too 'igh."

You can't help but wonder about Lee on this matter, but make the assumption that she already has been prepared to encounter this weird gem stuff, whatever that means. Either way, you don't plan on repeating anything of what happened, and if you never mess with gem stuff again you'll only be too happy.

"To be fair Soleil, he did handle himself well and we overcame it together. Teamwork, like Emma told us. I think we earned a little congrats at least."

Lee finally speaks up, continuing to smooth things over as she had attempted to from the start, and does a good job of it. Soleil must have some respect for whoever this Emma person is, and she does indeed congratulate the lot of you. She even invites you and Lee to stay for dinner to talk more about what happened and the creature itself, to which Lee literally jumps at the chance. Either she really wants to impress her, or Soleil must be some kind of good cook.

>Accept the offer, it couldn't hurt to stick around and maybe get to know more about this gem stuff, if it's something you could even by accident encounter on your own.
>Decline, you did your job and you did it well, and knowing when to bow out is important. Besides, you're not really friends with these people yet so wouldn't want to butt in.
>Ask if you can reschedule for some other time, you wouldn't mind hanging out for dinner but you're worn out after the day, not to mention fairly injured form the fight with the monster.
>[Write-in.]

Sorry for the amount of time taken, stuff like simple character interaction and speaking proved much more difficult than just basic actions, even during the fight.
>>
>>146324
>>Accept the offer, it couldn't hurt to stick around and maybe get to know more about this gem stuff, if it's something you could even by accident encounter on your own.
Free food?!
>>
You are never one to turn down a free meal, regardless of whatever else may come of it so you accept the offer. Lee and Sarah cheer at your agreement, and set about better cleaning up the living room from all the knick knacks and stuff you guy's had with you at the beach earlier. They look to be headed upstairs, probably to Sarah's room from what you remember of your last visit, and though you go to join them you are stopped fast by Soleil. Unlike the other times though, she isn't forceful about it.

"Owen, if you please. I want to zhank you for your presence today. Maybe you are to blame for zhe danger, but regardless you have our gratitude. Finding fragments is one of our most important duties."

"Oh hey, don't mention it. Maybe you were right about me being up to no good."

For once you actually see her not frown.

"Ha. Maybe so..."

At that asks you to accompany her to the kitchen to help get started on the cooking for dinner. Eventually Lee and Sarah rejoin you, and together you're able to help out where it's needed. That is to say, Soleil does almost all of the work, while the rest of you are able to hang out by the kitchen to talk and otherwise pal around. Not friends yet, but nearly so.

And the dinner, well, you honestly can't remember having tasted anything that good in at least several years. Whatever Soleil is, one thing is certain; she *is* a good cook.
>>
>>146550

>Credits Roll
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDCTzqJc40

I believe that's a good ending point, so thanks to everyone who played! It's a little difficult getting the hang of things, but I'm having fun running this quest, if people are enjoying it and would like to see it continue.

Also with the conclusion of this thread, gameplay as Lee will available in threads from now on.

Wouldn't mind suggestions or advice either, I'm always open to input.
>>
>>146565
Good quest so far, the only problem is that /qst/ is really slow.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.