[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Incredible Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Spashscreen.png (454KB, 1963x835px) Image search: [Google]
Spashscreen.png
454KB, 1963x835px
<- Click here to biggie-size your fries.

Choose your character and name yourself something that includes their color in the name.

All players with that color control that character through votes and dice rolls.

You will be rewarded in this game not for your successes, but your failures. Failing a roll gains your character +1 towards their next roll.

--------------------
THE INCREDIBLE QUEST

Your party is stranded in a desert themed shopping mall. You all stayed too late getting lost in the ball pit and when you finally emerged you found the doors were LOCKED. And to make matters worse, this isn't any ordinary shopping mall, but it is in fact rented out to VILLAINS at night to become their lair.

Adventure your way through the mall to riches, glory, and INSANITY!

--------------------
>>
File: Draw.png (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Draw.png
80KB, 500x500px
As the introduction said, you're all locked in the mall at night starting with the ball pit at Mc Donkles. When you emerge there is nothing and no one but yourselves. Oh yah and this guy. A creepy skeleton.

"I would just sleep here until the night is over, if I were you."
>>
Seriously, no one?
>>
File: Draw.png (47KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Draw.png
47KB, 500x500px
>>
File: Draw.png (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Draw.png
58KB, 500x500px
Game still needs players to start. Come one come all!
>>
File: Draw.png (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Draw.png
65KB, 500x500px
Okay, I'll try one last bump then I'm assuming nobody wants to play this quest for reasons I can't understand.
>>
Maybe if I put up some random options.

>Attack the skeleton!!
>Try to break the doors!
>Use another player as a brick and hurl them through the wall.
>Try to think my way out of a paper bag.
>>
Ok, it's been 2 hours without a single reply. This board is officially abandoned.

Before I go, can I get a pity reply with someone answering Does anyone know why this board didn't get any replies? And What could I have done better to make a first post that people actually wanted to play?
>>
>>1326488
Hmm, I truthfully don't know, but while I'm still here I'll play.
The green reaper
>>
>>1326559
I really appreciate it, but I'm sorry I can't now. It's too late for me to start in my timezone. I'll have to wait until this thing is archived and try again some other time.

I had a really good adventure planned out too. Lots of fun drawings etc. I didn't expect no one to answer for so long.

This is the first time this has happened to me. I'm especially surprised since it's a drawing game with pick your character and all that.

I'm really baffled.
>>
>>1326683
Thats ok, it's almost 10:00 here.
Then i'll see ya later.
>>
>>1326694
Yah, see ya! And thanks again for being the only reply here. I do appreciate it.
>>
>>1326488
Persuming that you are trying to copy the general premise of that other drawn co-op quest thingy, I think the biggest problem is that there is no real 'character creation'. The thing that allowed the /qst/ Adventure Thing to get off the ground was such ability to create a character, creating some investment for the players involved. However, you just offered up pre-made 'wacky' characters. That, and the fact that the people who played in the thing I mentioned might be tired from this kind of thing, may explain why this thread didn't get any players.
>>
>>1328532
As far as Adventure Thing, Notapaladin has a lot of players who follow him. They have his twitter etc. So they generally know when a game is coming up.

I'm definitely ripping him and those who came before him off, but this type of game isn't new or anything, people generally like them.

You could be right about the character creation though. I should have started the game with some options or votes as bait for people to actually start playing it.
>>
>>1328532
I don't think people in general get tired of fun games. He has his players and I'm sure other people could get into mine. And I enjoy his games too.

Also I didn't 'just' give people whacky characters I put a ton of thought into this quest, I have fun stuff written up for the characters specific powers etc. It's actually more work to come up with stuff than to improvise.

I actually flipped a coin as to whether I should improvise a game first, then do the more planned adventure, or to start with the planned and then take it easier and do an improvised, because I wasn't sure which type of game would get players to want to play first.

Now I know! Maybe XD I'll have to start an improv sometime soon and see if that works. Or to be honest, this is a brand new day if people wanted to play this game I could still do it. I just couldn't start late last night.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.