[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Astronaut Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 416
Thread images: 12

WARNING WARNING! MAJOR MALFUNC-BZZZZZZTT

"JACK, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!" a world of flashing sirens and flaring red lights welcomed you as you sprung from your cryosleep. Taylor was there, her right side was torn by smaller metal shreds. She didn't care for her soon-to-be fatal wounds. She was shaking and trembling. tears and blood trailed down from her right eye.

The Merahl was on a smooth sail to Tiren Cala XII , you were too disoriented to figure out what was going on clearly at the moment.

"I..I CAN'T, THE CRYOBEDS...THEY... THEY ARE LOCKED!!" Part of the ceiling just caved in crushing one of the cryobeds on the far right. Her delicate fingers drumming and rambling on the locking pad.

ALL PERSO BZZZZZZZZZT PLEASE BZZZZZZT EVACUBZZZZZZZZT

>Taylor, Calm down...i am here with you
>Go to the escape pods! leave them to me
>We are all gonna die here if we dont get it move on, let's go!
>[Ignore Taylor, Head straight for the escape pods]
>other
>>
>>1321701
>Go to the escape pods! leave them to me
>>
>Taylor, Calm down. I'm here with you. Calm down, and let's figure this out together. If we can't figure out the beds in time, we'll have to go to the escape pods. Two are always better than one for survival.
>>
>>1321776
>>1321797
should i roll?
>>
>>1321823

It's ultimately up to you. You can wait to see if there is a tie breaker, you can roll, or you can just pick one of your own free will (vote yourself) since you're the author of this story.
>>
>>1321701
>Taylor, Calm down...i am here with you
Need to save our peeps
>>
>>1321701
>>Taylor, Calm down...i am here with you
>>
>>1321797
>>1321836
Taylor twitched a smile in the middle of this madness, She was doing her best to retain her focus. A liquid Crerium pipe exploded at the other end of the room sending a wave of frostbite all of the burning inferno you two were in. The explosion sent a frozen shard which scrapped your right leg at high velocity. you gritted your teeth in pain.

Not a second later the chunk of the hallway has collapsed into the fiery abyss below, you could feel a slight tilt in the spaceship which was growing by the second. A leap of faith or a longer route to the escape pods are your only options...

>[Attempt to hack into the emergency cryobed lockdown] [Roll 1d20 or xd20 according to how many cryobed you want to hack]
>We have to go, now!
>[Leave taylor, run straight for the escape pods]
>other
>>
>>1321906
>>We have to go, now!
>>
>>1321906
>>We have to go, now!
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>1321906
How many beds are there? Do I know these people? If any of them would be super helpful in this situation or useful for an adventure I'd want to save at least one person.

>Attempt to hack at least one cryobed and if that doesn't work then say, "We have to go now." (rolls D20)
>>
>>1321929
About 20 (now 18) bed. The Merahl is mostly automated ship

feel free to ask me other question, this goes to everyone too.
>>
>>1321916
>>1321922
>>1321929

"BUT THE-" A good chunk of the room has collapsed near one of the corners. The simple primal instinct of self preservation has kicked in. If you and Taylor stay here a minute longer, you will join the rest of the crew.

"W-WHICH WAY?" Taylor had to shout to make her voice audible amongst all this chaos. The purposed leap of faith will take you to escape pods; the ship was designed in that fashion in mind. The other option is to take a safer but longer route to the escape pods.
>Let Taylor decide which way to go
>Take a leap of faith [Roll 1d20, anything below than 10 WILL cause jack to fall, I will roll for Taylor]
>Take the safer router
>other
>>
50/50 are terrible odds and I don't know enough about the ship to make an 'other' agreement.

>Let's follow the safest protocol and run out the only way viable. If there is any outer space survival gear along the way I suggest we take it into the pod, just in case of worst case scenario.

Especially a transmitter/communication device.
>>
>>1322039
>>Take the safer router
>>
>>1322090
>>1322100
You are not taking any unnecessary risks, you took a right to the relatively unscathed other hallway.

You knew for certain that the escape pod is not just a glorified ejection seat, it had an Emergency spacesuit, water and rations for one week, an broadcasting E. beacon, a small power supply and a plasma pistol .

The space ship is no way near to your supposed destination. Wherever this pod is gonna land, it will land in one of the untouched Tiren Cala uncolonized planets

The path had some lights flickering but it was mostly stable...not for long though.

The Medbay, Armory, flight deck, the large store depot and of course the emergency exit can be accessed from where you are.

The two of you were barely able to stand properly due to the increasing tilt. You looked behind you momentarily.... the destruction behind you is catching up.

>Go straight for the emergency exit
>Go to _____ instead
>Instruct Taylor to go ____
>other
>>
>>1322209
>>Go to _____ instead
ARMORY
>>
I'd say we go to the med bay to patch us and the girl up but if anons want to send her to the med bay and us to somewhere else I'd be fine with that
>>
>>1322209
>>Go straight for the emergency exit
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

>>1322254
>>1322249
either actions will consume time if that wasn't obvious

>>1322267
since no one is breaking the tie i will roll
>>
Med bay, it's the only thing missing and worth our time if going to an uncolonized planet.
>>
>>1322277
>>1322254

medbay it is.
>>
>>1322287
Cool. Here is some flavor Txt.

"Listen, Taylor. I know you're scared right now but we've got to stop in the Med Bay. Dying on the ground is not any different from dying here in space."

'If anything, it's slower,' he thinks to himself.
>>
>>1322277
>>1322249
>>1322254
>>1322267
"T-thanks Jack, Cora...." the ship's captain was among the cryobeds. You had to wonder why she went for you at first. maybe she felt safer with a man who knows how and when to shoot? you had no clue.

The two of you took a sharp right to the medbay, The emergency powersupply kicked in. The place as expected was in chaos with the ongoing tilt. It was getting hotter as well...

"Shit, what a mess..."panting, Taylor wiped the blood out of her face. "help me to find something useful..." she was disgusted to find her medbay like that. She was the ship's doctor. Both you and her did little during the Merahl long treks. You rarely had to raise your plasma rifle against anything/anyone. this ought to change in the upcoming days.

>[roll a d20, better rolls means faster results, you will find something in the mess at any case]
>[run to the exit with taylor, there is no time to search through this mess]]
>other
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>1322397
>>[roll a d20, better rolls means faster results, you will find something in the mess at any case]
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

>>1322397

Since she's a doctor and sounds like she's familiar with the med bay I'm sure she'll be able to find the right things as quicker than me.

"Even though it's a mess you know your bay right? Search for what we'll need in the rough areas where they used to be when things weren't a mess. I think that'll save time. And direct me where to search too so I can help, we won't have much time."

Jack enjoys the extra heat while he can - any moment he could be out in the cold vacuum of space, and whose to say the planet they land on won't be freezing.
>>
>>1322425
>>1322397
Second
>>
>>1322425
Hear hear.
>>
>>1322421
>>1322425
>>1322432
>>1322444
With Taylor, you hastily grabbed some sedatives, painkillers, STEM syringes , disinfectants, some surgical tools and antirad pills and stuffed it in one large bag.

The emergency power supply was on its last legs. You two ran as fast as you could. Alas the escape pods was just up ahead. there are ten pods in the ship, two for each.

An explosion at the back of the ship tore it into three parts just as you closed the door behind you. You haven't or rather couldnt eject the pod from this chunk of the ship as it was spiraling into the atmosphere down below at an incredible high speed. It was scalding hot here despite the proper pod insulation.
Roll a d20 to see where the pod will drop, it will give me a rather sense of difficulty of what is up ahead.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

^
Rolled.
>>
File: 634225727.jpg (74KB, 450x204px) Image search: [Google]
634225727.jpg
74KB, 450x204px
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>1322527
"That's funny, the damage doesn't seem so bad at this distance.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>1322527
>>
>>1322535
>>1322569
>>1322596
As the pod was breaching the foreigner atmosphere, you could see what was down below

A once hollowed cratered plains claimed by blue vegetation bordering a peculiar jungle to the east, a sprawling monolith to the south, a black sea to the north and a wasteland of molten fissures to the west

A parachute was deployed minutes before landing smoothing this awful experience. The pod landed in the dead center of one of these miles wide craters.

"You alright, Taylor?" you asked the doctor, her skin was pale as a corpse.

"Y-yes, I...i..." she was struggling to stay awake, her right hand clutching to her myriad of wounds.

"I don't think...this is too much for...me..." blood slowly dripped from her side.

before you could reply to her, you heard a rattling of sorts outside, all you could see at the moment was burning blue shrubs around the pod. nothing more.

>hey, hey, you just need some rest. you can do it [give her 1 painkiller and 1 sedatives , you have 10 of those]
>Stay right here, i will be right back [put the emergency suit on, grab the only plasma pistol and go outside]
>I am no taking chances [Inject taylor with one of the STEM syringes. there are four here at the moment]
>other
>>
>>1322654
>>I am no taking chances [Inject taylor with one of the STEM syringes. there are four here at the moment]
>>
>Other

"Don't give up on me now, come on just a little bit of time. Everything is going to be all right. You're a doctor, tell me what you need. Will this STEM needle help you?"

Try to soothe her and make her feel confident, ignore the rattling for now but keep it in my awareness in case it turns out to be a threat. It's imperative that she survive and become useful. And the right thing to do.
>>
>>1322673
STEM syringes highly increases one's regenerative abilities at certain doses. Doses above the approved threshold may results in grotesque outcomes
>>
>>1322654
I'll back this.>>1322684

>>1322687
Will she grow a dick?
>>
>>1322673
>>1322684
"Less than...a third..." She rested her eyes a bit. Before being hired as a guard to a private company, you spent six years of your life on the field as a solider...you have seen so much shit that ironically steeled your nerves at this moment.

You had taken one of these STEM syringes before, an older , yellow version called the SS or the soldier's syringe. You would have lost an arm had it been for the SS.

Carefully, you injected the STEM into her arm, you are no medic but you managed to give her less than required dose just to be safe, she winced in pain from your rather brute input.

The healing cycle should take eight to twelve hours. You could try to extract the shards littering her right side but you arent skilled enough for doing so. The healing process will either bounce the smaller shards out or engulf the bigger ones to form this uncomfortable lumps. Taylor will sleep in said period.

You peaked through the window to see if anything is around....

nothing but pillars of smoke. The wreckage must be nearby. Although with all of these large craters around, it might give you a false estimation of distance. A cracked black screen on your right has sprawled back to life.

It must be the pod's system which is not as automated as the rest of the ship.

>Check the screen
>pull out the surgical tools, attempt to pull out the shards
>check on the rest of the pod
>deal with whatever is outside if any
>other

i think i will call it for today, how did i do?

>>1322698
it is more like cancer on setroids, she will turn into a blob of flesh, bones, hair, teeth/etc
>>
>Check the rest of the pod.

Specifically checking for weapons and to see if the communication systems are up, or anything that catches my eye as particularly needed in this moment.

>I think i will call it for today, how did I do?

You did fine! I like that you started the game with action. I would say think carefully about what you write after you write it, before you post, just in case. Ask yourself a few questions to make sure it's logical enough to pass a first reading etc. You did pretty good on this though and I think continued writing will get you in the groove.

And my only other piece of advice, and this one is probably the only real critique I have of your game is that second person narration and past tense don't mix. I found the explosion post particularly confusing because of the mixture of the two.

Mixing the tenses made me think we didn't make it and died, until I got somewhere around the end of the post. I had to reread it for clarity.

I'm going to bed too, thanks for the game so far!
>>
>>1322790
Also to clarify if I get voted in - I know there is a plasma pistol etc. because you already told us I'm just checking the pod for where those things are, if everything is working right, and if there is anything else in here that I didn't know about that will come in handy.
>>
>>1322790
>Search the pod for any emergency supplies
Such things are commonly stored in escape pods
>>
>>1322815
Thank you!
goodnight
>>1322861
tomorrow anon we will continue
>>
>>1322790
>pull out the surgical tools, attempt to pull out the shards
Bit of prevention now pays off later.
>>
>>1323014
We can just make it worse. Better leave them inside, a professional can remove them later.
>>
>>1322790
Remove shards from the surface, digging into flesh, not knowing about anatomy, invites disaster.
>>
>>1322790
>>check on the rest of the pod
>>
>>1322815
>>1322861
>>1323014
>>1323933
>>1324448
The pod itself was rather small and bareboned in the interior. It had two seats for the escapees with built-in storage compartments so it wont take much space. An external power supply outlet could be accessible via this small box next to your feet.

There might be more hidden things in this pod you haven't seen or activated just yet. You would check the screen later for more details

Aside from the cracked screen and the seats, there was nothing else around you, Everything was packed inside these storage compartment. You did your best to produce the least noise possible as you were compiling a list of what supplies you and Talor got:

Pod Supplies

- Ether-32 Plasma Pistol : Good Plasma pistol, A trusty sidearm but in what could be a hostile world, it might not be enough.

- 20 ERC : You expected more Ether Rechargeable Cartridges for the pistol. These will do.

- 28 bottle of water: 2 bottles a day for each person, should last for a week or so

- 5 Glowing Sticks : Each with a 1 hour or so lifespan.

- 1 Geola : a rather simple tablet where one can write notes, draw maps and play games on it (you dont have really a luxury to do so)

- 2 Myler blankets : really light blankets, they reduce the heat loss

- 28 Ration : 14 different flavors, delicious . they should last for a week

- 2 EMR spacesuits :with decent heat, rad protection and air filtration

- 2 EMR-com : For Communicating with each other and/or the pod itself

- 4 first aid kits : bandages, alcohol and other assortments of medicines.

you double checked on the bag you brought with during your decent, you found 10 sedatives, 10 painkillers, 3 STEM syringes , 10 disinfectants, surgical tools and 10 antirad pills.

Taylor would wince in pain every once in a while, it has been half an hour and you found the tiniest of the shards on the floor already.

You peaked through the window again, it has to be the planet night cycle. it was so dark outside. you didnt notice the sudden shift between cycles when you were on listing duty. Some of the blue shrubs would glow faintly. The ones who glowed the brightest had a overlaying red taint. Strange Fauna.

The rattling is no more, thankfully. That didn't mean you two are alone in this desolate crater.

>Check the screen
>have some proper sleep
>Eat/Drink
>Arm yourself, put on the suit, check what is outside if any
>other

And we are back
Again feel free to ask me any question
>>
>>1324942
>>Check the screen
>>Arm yourself
Don't leave till your crewmate is awake.
>>
>>1324942
>Eat/Drink
>Check the screen
I'm surprised there wasn't a knife in the survival gear. We'll need something to make a knife from, but that's for later.
>>
>>1324960
Seconding.
>>
>>1321701
The plasma pistol was oddly light, perhaps this was because you were used to use rifles pre and post military. You tucked it on your side before checking the screen.

POWER REMAINING: 100%
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome, user. This is Espa 2.0. Would you like to activate the advanced AI? You will no longer require to input orders manually, Espa AI can be a valid companion , requires only verbal commands. it can perform optimal calculations and estimations if asked. [IDLE POWER USAGE WILL INCREASE FROM 1% PER 24 HOURS TO 2% PER 24 HOURS]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

>Activate Advanced Mode
>Disable Advanced Mode
>Exit
>>
>>1325004
>>1324960
>>1325003

>>1325002
i hadn't put that in there? i am sure that i wrote an EMR-multi tool somewhere
>>
>>1325004
Activate it, and ask if it has any sensors.
>>
>>1325004
>Activate Advanced Mode, see what it can do

>>1325011
You didn't
>>
>>1325014
>>1325021
POWER REMAINING: 100%

CONFIRMING INPUT.....
PLEASE STAND BY....

The screen projected what appeared to be a humanoid figure in a blank state with no expression . This projection scanned you briefly before speaking "Hello sir, My name is Espa 2.0. My sole purpose is to guide you through this ordeal in the most optimal way possible. If my energy consumption does not suit you, you can simply switch to the regular mode. I highly recommend scanning this new environment via the pod's probe, sir. "

>Authorize the scanning probe
>Ask Espa about____
>Order Espa to switch to regular mode
>Other

>>1325002
looks like i haven't. I am awfully sorry for that

the following is also included in the Pod supplies:

- 2 EMR-multi tool : Many tools at one's disposal like a knife, fork, spoon...etc.
>>
Use the probe, not like that.
Is the atmosphere nonharmful to humans?
>>1325111
>>
>>1325111
>Authorize the scanning probe
>Ask if Espa can determine which planet we're on
>Ask if there's a SOS beacon and how much energy it consumes
>>
>>1325118
we havent been outside and so we dont really know
>>
>>1325118
>>1325136
A small hatch has opened from outside releasing the rather small probe. It ascended up like a balloon to the dark clouds above.

"The probe should consume about 10% of our overall energy to scan the surroundings and the general atmosphere, sir. It should take about an hour."

"can you establish an emergency beacon?" you asked with a sense of unease

"Of course, The signal will consume 5% per 24 hours according to my calculations. Should i set it up immediately?"

>Accept
>Refuse

and

>Ask Espa about____
>Order Espa to switch to regular mode
>Other
>>
>>1325219
Not yet, lets get a sense of our general surroundings first.
>>
>>1325219
(1)
>Refuse
Unless in character we would be aware of pirates, hostiles or something that would make the ship's fate intentional and not an accident, it makes sense to activate it. However asking Taylor when she wakes up what caused the crash also makes sense.

>Ask Espa about:
Any links, footage or data on the ship itself during or before the incident. Was the escape pod network linked to the ship network?
>>
>>1325230
>>1325467
"Affirmative."

"Do you have any idea why the Merahl crashed in the first place? any recorded footage?"

"Nothing, sir. my apologies. Would you like me to play some music sir? "

>Accept [please specify a genre]
>Refuse

and

>Ask Espa about____
>Wait until the probing is finished
>Eat/Drink
>Other
>>
>>1325536
>Refuse

How far were we from our destination when the ship went down?
>>
>>1325555
one of the untouched Tiren Cala uncolonized planets from I to XI. The probe is yet to figure out where are we exactly

Tiren Cala XII was supposed to be our target planet
>>
>>1325536
>>Wait until the probing is finished
>>
>>1325536
>Wait until the probing is finished
>>
File: SPACE.png (708KB, 1732x1792px) Image search: [Google]
SPACE.png
708KB, 1732x1792px
>>1325644
>>1325802
You spent an hour adhering to the window. This world out there...untouched by man. It felt magical in a way. Across hundreds of years, humanity has discovered and colonized a lot of planets outside of the milky way and yet not a single evidence of intelligent alien life form out there.

Nothing natural at least.

Another shard dropped on the floor. Taylor is recovering faster than expected. This is some good news. You could see some lumps forming up on the bigger shards embedded at her side. She is the doctor here. She will figure it out.

The AI projected itself once more "We have some readings on the surrounding area....but we have lost connection to the probe...Processing the probe's data...."

Espa made this odd buzzing sound for a couple of seconds. All the readings and a small rudimentary map was also shown in the screen.

" Processing the probe's last footage and location...marking it on the map" looks like the probe had simply dropped dead for no reason. It wasn't attacked by any life form in the footage.

"My attempts to reboot the probe are failing, what should we do, sir?"

>I am going out there, the probe didn't fall that far. It is too useful for us to lose.
>Nothing until taylor is up
>[read the readings shown on the screen]
>Ask Espa about_____
>other
>>
>>1325966
>>[read the readings shown on the screen]
see if we NEED to wear the space suit.
>>
>>1325974
Current reading showed that:

-The air is somewhat breathable, It does have a hint of chlorine so over exposure can have rather unpleasant caustic effect

-About 50 rads lingers in the area the probe has explored....One tenth of the lethal threshold.

-Temperature ranges from 20 c to 42 c in the surronding areas

-A full cycle in this planet is about 15 hours. 4 of them is day cycle while the rest is night cycle

-Gravity is slightly more than Earth gravity.

>Arm yourself and go with/without the suit at the site of the probe
>Wait until Taylor is awake
>Ask Espa about_____
>other
>>
>>1326112
Lets prepare by eating, drinking, and resting.
>>
>>1326112
>>
>>1326124
>>1326132
You drank a bottle of water and ate one ration meal before closing surrendering to your body. you needed that rest.

You slowly woke up by the sound of some classical music and a painful grunt. Taylor was using an empty bowel from her used ration meal and extracting all the embedded shards. You must have dozed of for at least eight hours straight. Espa was projecting a mirror of sorts for the doctor

>Good morning...or night [Look through the window]
>Anything eventful happened in my shuteye?
>How are you feeling?
>Other
>>
You guys refused the emergency beacon? You might as well be dead. Doesn't matter if it uses 5% a day you're on an unknown planet and no amount of energy loss is going to change that. Doesn't matter if you turn it on now, or later, except that you have a better chance of surviving a week or two than a whole month.

Also, energy can be engineered if we happen to be stuck her very long term. Not only that but the ship probably has a buttload of potential energy and since it crashed on this planet we'd find it eventually.

Why not use the pod to find the ship?
>>
>>1326204
>>Good morning...or night [Look through the window]
I sent a probe out and it was disabled somehow. I'm about to go and see what happened, but before that anything you need help with?
>>
>>1326204
<How are you feeling?
>>
>>1326245
>>1326312
"I am holding up...god.." And there went the last shard. She took the last sip of her bottle of water "Espa kept speaking with me while you were snoring off. A good company...I..."

Taylor's voice trailed off "Are we the only ones left?? I...I can't believe it "

>what happened? you were the only one awake.
>[try to calm her down a bit]
>Espa told you about the probe, right? I am going outside in a minute.
>Other
>>
>>1326409
>>[try to calm her down a bit]
Then
>what happened? you were the only one awake.
Followed by
>>
>>1326409
>>
>>1326409
>other

Taylor: "Are we the only ones left?? I...I can't believe it "

"Most likely, I don't know how long those cryobeds can last or if they can survive a crash like that."

"--Espa, are we able to fly?"
>>
>>1326432
>>1326435
>>1326457
Of course she didnt want to remember the hell she had been through but it is a must to piece things together "The Ship AI have unlocked my Cryobed requesting my presence at the Storage Depot . It needed some manual help with one of the deliveries in the bio-sensitive section. A blue beating heart from Mars was overheating and acting irregularly inside its container. When i was inspecting it....well, the main engine had an explosion which kickstarted this whole shit show...here we are in a middle of fucking no where. If only I..." words wouldnt just come out. She cleaned all the used bandages and dried blood in silence.

"Sir, Madam, the pod's motion sensors are detecting two unknown life forms circling around the pod. Caution is advised ." The rudimentary map on the screen showed two red dots circling around in the same pace. The rattling was louder than before.

>Espa, shut down everything. No body moves
>[Arm yourself, slowly open the pod's hatch]
>Ask Espa about____
>Other
>>1326457
escape pods dont have thrusters or any aerodynamic support. Its main objective is to land its passenger to relative safety and provide shelter and perhaps means of rescue in the future
>>
>>1326566
Are there any speakers to broadcast your voice outside?
>>
>>1326586
yes

looks like no one is around, that is why i wait for a second or perhaps a third reply

i guess we will call it for today. i hope i did better than yesterday
>>
>>1326566
>Espa, are you able to do anything more than detect those life forms? Since they are so close by, can you scan them without a probe? Any information would be valuable. How big, do they look hostile, exo or endo skeleton, you know, that sort of thing.
>>
>>1326730
You did good both days. I'm sorry I missed most of today. I kept checking but it started back up when I was gone.
>>
>>1326745
Backing this.
>>
>>1326745
>>1327514
"Negative sir, almost of our the pod's Scanning abilities relies on the probe...This might not be appropriate time to mention it sir, but we are below 90% of the pod's overall energy supply. "

They had to be rather small in size; one or two shrubs rattled as they continue circling around the pod. They are not too stupid to rush you at the first glance. This was at their second recon around the pod. You must not underestimate their intelligence.

>Espa, shut down everything. No body moves
>Ask Espa about____
>Other
>>
>>1329486
>other
We're wasting energy just sitting here then. The longer we go without using the emergency contact beacon the less time we get to broadcast. If the planet has life then there are other ways to survive other than this pod.

The only other option I see, is trying to retrieve that probe so that we could possibly find out where the main ship had crashed and use it for parts and energy.

Either way, I can find the ship eventually and this pod will be nothing more than a lifeless shelter once the power runs out.

Espa, what is the temperature of the surrounding air?

For now, please reroute all power to emergency broadcasting. Once I know the air temperature I can go outside and look around for materials to provide heat if it comes down to that.

Taylor, do you see the two life forms outside? Be ready for anything but don't open the door. They might just leave us alone. We don't want a confrontation unless absolutely necessary.
>>
File: draw.png (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
draw.png
43KB, 500x500px
>>
>>1329486
>>
>>1329486
Shock and awe,
Use the outdoor speakers to emit very loud noise, and jump out of the pod with weapons at the ready.
>>
>>1329623
>>1329685
>>1329693

"Affirmative sir, Anything Ship taking the S-R2, S-R1 or D-C6 route to Tiren Cala XII should be within the signal....Activating Signal...[b[the signal should approximately consume 5% per two Tiren Cala III days...[/b]"

Espa then opened a small vertical slide door revealing an actual tiny stall with a toilet at one of the corners, it was kind of pure hidden too.... you certainly didn't noticed it first time "A perfect hiding spot for the sir or madam should the need rises....the pod is able to either expel your wastes or it can repurified using the pod's power supply for clean water...1% to be exact."

i rolled 1 in the deleted post, i will go with >>1329623

>>1329683
thank you
>>
>>1329775
Cool, n welcome :)

K, so with the power routed to emergency beacon, now I guess we just wait on high alert for a bit to see if anything happens from those two lifeforms outside.

>Since I'm military I'll put myself in front in case anything happens.

To other players: I'm thinking we should probably explore as soon as the coast is clear, because if we're stuck here when we run out of food rations etc. we won't have the energy to actually go out and do stuff.

But hopefully it won't come to that, if we get picked up by a rescue ship we need to investigate the initial crash.
>>
>>1329833
>Since I'm military I'll put myself in front in case anything happens.
Definitely this, keep the Dr. alive.
Also agree with exploring before rations run out.
>>
>>1329693
>>1329685
>>1329623
Espa flickered for a moment "24 Celsius or 75 Fahrenheit. The suit should provide extra insulation and protection. Your current choice of clothing is also suitable. The emergency broadcast can not be amplified with more power, sir. Madam should not go outside with so much exposed skin the chlorine might have a rather unpleasant caustic effect on her skin " It was true, her shirt was torn from the right side, her whole arm as exposed.

"Shit," you muttered.

"Are you going out there?" asked Taylor, her eyes flickering over the window as the rattling continued. This planet had awfully long night cycle killing any proper visibility outside. The dancing shadows outside kept troubling both of you. They must be dealt with. Taylor pulled out the multi tool and tucked it in her pocket just in case.

She was counting on you. You have been in worse situations before. You can do this...

>Stay put, maybe they will simple ignore you two and leave
>Go out side with you plasma pistol [Suit is optional]
>Ask Espa/Taylor to_____
>Other
>>1329775
sorry for this error, i can't delete posts willy nilly like that.
>>
>>1329871
>Stay put but inform her we should get suited up just in case.

"No, we should only go out as a last resort. But it would be smart to get suited up just in case we have to. We can survive out there with nothing but a respirator but the chlorine exposure won't be good for our skin."
>>
>>1329871
Suit up.
Are there spotlights outside?
If so, light them up.
>>
>>1329949
We seem to have a lot of standard emergency equipment. There is probably a flashlight somewhere in the pod or built into our suits, no need to turn on any lights.

But then again, lights might not take up very much energy so if we could get a wide area lit up it might be helpful.
>>
>>1329970
Its to blind the unknowns, so we can get into position without being assaulted. They can't hit us if they can't see us. And it would strengthen our side if we need to negotiate.
>>
>>1329949
I've also been thinking about shutting off the AI. It's only useful up to a certain point and without our probe we could maybe turn it on only when we need it.

The AI seems to be extremely advanced so it might take up a good bit of power. I'm thinking about it like a laptop. Turn off everything unnecessary to survival and our power will last longer for the beacon etc.
>>
>>1329949
the pod itself does have a spotlight in all four directions, they can also function as heat lamps provide warmth at the cost of more energy usage. however both the Suit and the EMR-Multi tool have flashlights (the suit has better more reliable source of light. The Multitool, not so much)

we also do have glowing sticks . keep that in mind
>>
>>1329871
>>Go out side with you plasma pistol [Suit is optional]
Suit up.
Tell Taylor to hide in the bathroom.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>1329920
>>1330059
rolling
>>
I disagree with telling her to hide.

We worked hard to calm her down since the beginning of the thingy it'd be better for her to be unafraid and gain confidence.

She needs to be capable in an emergency, not trained to run and hide. If we die then she's extra screwed if she can't rely on herself.
>>
>>1330084
Hmm, that sounds reasonable, just didn't want the dr injured any more.
>>
>>1330096
*nodnod
>>
>>1330084
>>1330096
"Right." Taylor went to the small bathroom to change. while you did so between the two seats.

The suit was vert comfortable from the inside. As you might have expected, it made you feel a bit bulkier and sluggish just a little bit.

Espa flickered for a moment, you heard a small beep coming from your suit "I have calculated the current time of this planet according to the readings brought by the probe. This ought to give you a better scale of time, sir."

You looked at the small screen strapped onto your left hand, it said 10:38 . From 0:01 to 4:00 is the morning cycle while from 4:01 to 14:59 is the night cycle. it did feel very confusing.

At 11:00, Espa confirmed the absence of the unknown lifeforms in the vicinity. It brought some relief to both of you. Momentarily at least , with proper timing, you could study their pattern because you are certain they will be back.

>Say something to Espa
>Say something to Taylor
>Prepare to go outside to retrieve the probe
>Prepare to go outside to scout the area
>other
>>
>>1330211
>>Prepare to go outside to scout the area
>>
>>1330211
>Prepare to go outside to scout the area.

Specifically I'm looking for any sign of the crashed spaceship. Like smoking still rising or whatever.

Say to Espa: Conserve energy any way you can even if it means putting yourself to sleep while we are out. You can even turn off the oxygen converter/supply since the pod is small and will fill back up quickly when we get back to turn it back on.
>>
>>1330246
>>1330218
"I think i should stay, I... am not an outdoor person. I will do more harm than good outthere." said Taylor. Clearly she wasn't as enthusiastic as you at the moment.

>[Convince Taylor to accompany you] [roll a 20 for it]
>You are coming with me.
>Don't open the door while i am gone [Leave]
>write in
>>
>>1330311
That's ok.
I'll keep in touch with the coms.
>Don't open the door while i am gone [Leave]
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>1330311
>You are coming with me. We have a better chance of surviving together than apart. Trust me, I'm military. I know it isn't fun but it's our best chance.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>1330326
>>1330327
rolling

please don't make rolls affect your choices whether it is good or bad.
>>
>>1330354
That was just an accident. I was going to choose 'convince her' then thought, nah, you shouldn't be trying to convince a chick who is freaking out, you have to just straight up tell her she's coming with you. XD Then forgot it in the options field.
>>
>>1330327
Why would the military want a civilian around on a mission? Especially one who probably doesn't have weapons training.>>1330378
>>
>>1330391
A few reasons. 1. We're only alive because of each other anyway - she woke us up from cryo to help her survive, and then we got her to get to the pods.

So staying together has kept us alive.

2. If we go off alone it's easier for hostiles to kill one of us. Or for us to fall into a natural disaster (down a pit, get hid by a rock, slip on something, etc.) and have no one there to help or save us.

3. She needs the confidence.

4. We can almost completely power down the ship while we're out.

It just seems like the most logical thing. Stay together, stay alive, stay apart, bigger risk.

She is medically trained on top of all that. Civilian doesn't really matter, this is a survival situation not a military operation - we're not after bad guys or combat.
>>
>>1330391
Having said that though, your option won out so we'll work with whatever happens.
>>
>>1330433
Just didn't want the dr in a more dangerous situation than she already is.
If she goes with us and something happens to her, it will shake her confidence worse, than if it happened if she was in the pod.
>>
>>1330460
How? I would think being alone in the pod would be worse if something happens to her. Like if the alien life becomes hostile or etc.

It would also then make our survival chances way lower. If one of us gets hurt away from the other one, that's energy, rations, all sorts of stuff, that we'd have to spend to try and find the other person, and we might find them too late if at all. It would also be psychologically harder on the survivor.

Uncertainty, alone, etc. I'm actually surprised she'd /want/ to be alone in the pod instead of going with us.
>>
File: SPACE.png (708KB, 1732x1792px) Image search: [Google]
SPACE.png
708KB, 1732x1792px
>>1330326
>>1330327
You opened the hatch door embracing the atmosphere of this alien planet. You chose not to use the suit's respirator at the moment; you may never know when it might handy.

The air....it had this... smell which you couldn't identify at all. You took a deep breath, there was this sting in your throat. Almost subtle and unnoticed. Other than that, it was totally fine. Only your face was exposed to the air, the rest of your body wasn't exposed.

You got a solid grip on your plasma pistol, your eyes darting left and right for any sudden movement....

None.

Blue shrubs surronded you from every direction, some were charred from the landing. The screen strapped to your suit had also the rudimentary map of earlier. You had to option to place markings on the map. Useful for landmark and assessment of distance.

It was still dark, the flashlight on your suit ought to help you immensely.

>Examine the close area around the pod, there might be something of use [roll a 20]
>Go to the probe
>Go ____[ north,south, east, west]
>other
>>
>>1330488
If she is with us and she gets injured, she'll think she would be slowing us down and increasing our risk.
If she is in the pod, than it wouldn't be "her" fault if something comes around.
Besides if she stays in the pod she can relay information to us.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>1330525
>Examine.
>>
>>1330533
We'll have to agree to disagree - doesn't matter anyway we're on the move. I'm okay with your choice, I don't want to 'undo' it or anything. I just wouldn't have chose it.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d20)

>>1330525
If chlorine isn't good for our skin, it's definitely not good for our lungs.
>>
>>1330567
*nodnod

I second that. We should grab the respirator.
>>
>>1330567
>>1330578

It isn't for the long run, mere traces lies in the atmosphere. Our respirator is a finite resource.

There might be areas in the future where it is needed more.
>>
>>1330588
Eeehhh.
All right.
>>
>>1330567
>>1330543
there wasn't much around the pod. Your found small scraps of metal from the pod most likely. One of them was had a bite mark .

Small jaw

Bulky and yet few teeth

A bluish slag on each side

Interesting.

>Go to the probe
>Go ____[ north,south, east, west] [ also specify for how long]
>other
>>
>>1330689
>Go about a half mile around the pod.

(Like do a small circle around the pod half a mile out.) Just to see if there are any signs of the crashed ship and/or probe in any particular direction.

This would probably be better when it's fully light out.
>>
>>1330689
Survival situation, Search in a spiral configuration centering on the pod. After the immediate area is surveyed and determined to have no hostiles or extremely "hazardous" things, go look for the probe.
>>
>>1330728
>This is close enough to what I said that I can second it. Just adding the part of looking for signs of the crashed ship too.
>>
>>1330726
>>1330728
And look for anything that can be used.
>>
>>1330744
This
>>
>>1330763
Apparently we think very similar.
>>
>>1330775
We should also tell the Dr. exactly what we're doing, like even down to what direction we'll walk.

That way if comm is cut she can estimate where we are and be quicker to rescue us.
>>
>>1330787
Are you me?!?

But seriously yes.
Better yet, place the projected route on the computer.
>>
>>1330802
We'll essentially be doing that by placing the markers on the masks. She needs a mental road map in case everything goes wrong. So what I meant by tell her what we're doing, is like, constantly. Talk to her while we're walking and describe what direction we're going, and what we're seeing.

That would also mitigate the 'aloneness' factor at least psychologically.
>>
>>1330810
Yyyaaaassss.
This.
Don't let her focus on the bad, keep her focused on the now and surviving.
Damn. Seriously though, stop taking my thoughts
>>
>>1330833
>Damn. Seriously though, stop taking my thoughts

Cool :) Its ok that we disagreed earlier its not a big deal, its just a game and I don't /actually/ know what will work out for the best. The GM could have a totally different idea of what will happen, or often times they don't even know themselves and they get ideas from what the players say out loud. XD

I've been a GM way more than a player in my life. I love sci-fi too. ANYhoo, off topic.

I think we're locked in now so we'll just have to wait and see what happens next.
>>
File: SPACE.png (707KB, 1732x1792px) Image search: [Google]
SPACE.png
707KB, 1732x1792px
>>1330726
>>1330728
ten minutes should cover half a mile. It was a rough estimation of course, you marked them on the map to give yourself a sense of distance. The probe doesn't seem to be that far.

In the horizon you could see the walls of the crater engulfing the land around you. they seemed to be awfully high. their concavity combined with the endless vegetation could hinder any attempt for climbing to the other side.

It was 12:14 by the time you finished sulking around in the dark. Something purple shined nearby, it was easy to spot due to the difference in contrast as well as lesser vegetation to the southwest.

it looked...it looked like a crystallized anthill. the ground ahead of you ahead little scraps of metal; most were alien to you but some were indeed from pod/the crashed debris. The entrances can barely fit a small dog, there were also what you assumed to be vents at the top of this anthill.

>head back to the pod
>Speak with Taylor on the EMR-com, ask for her assistance
>Approach slowly with the lights off
>Rush into this alien anthill
>other
>>
>>1330865
>Question:

Does it look like the debris has been carried towards these holes or any pattern like that?

If not, then I want to read the pattern of the debris, to see if some of it doesn't point towards the Pod but rather in another direction and could possibly lead us to the main ship.
>>
>>1330865
>Speak with Taylor on the EMR-com, inform her of your discovery, and ask for her advice.
>>1330885
Determine the cause of the debris field.
Hope it isn't some metal eating creature.
Like the one alluded to from >>1330689.
>>
>>1330865
How small of a dog? Like chihuahua sized, rat terrier sized, or basset hound sized?
>>
>>1330885
they were carried from the pod's vicinity to the anthill, most likely. Judging by the size of this lifeform, it is not likely to drag something from long distances. For all what we know, the pod might be the only thing that landed in this crater. These scraps are still small though. maybe there are too big to be carried inside, maybe it didnt seem to be as enjoyable as the rest inside...who knows?

>>1330896
more of a pug. Various entrances combined with their small size might indicate more than just a couple of these creatures inside.
>>
>>1330915
Hmm, could we make a trap and catch one? Could be a source of food. But if it has a diet of metal, it might be very poisonous.
>>
>>1330896
Well, it's a semi relief in that all signs are pointing to them not being likely to bother us inside the pod, as long as they don't eat metal. XD I was thinking about that too.
>>
>>1330950
If they eat metal, then they are a threat to our continued survival. Maby the metal they eat collects in their hide, and we could make natural metal scale mail from them.
>>
>>1330893
>Speak with Taylor...

I second.
>>
>>1330915
Lets find a stick and poke the anthill.
>>
>>1330978
Not necessarily. I mean. They aren't a complete threat.

Let's say worst case scenerio, they not only eat metal but they can rip it apart (meaning tear apart our ship) the biggest loss there is our distress beacon. That's the only thing I consider a really big deal.

They aren't likely to eat everything we have (like people food) and shelter can be made. We have no evidence they would attack us, or are carnivorous, yet.

And not so worst case scenerio, they might not be able to eat large chunks or tear it off.

Best case scenerio: they don't eat it at all. And were attracted to it's shininess.

Though I think because of the 'slag' thing that was a hint that they do sort of process metal. Unless GM meant slag from the crash (entry into the planet.)
>>
>>1331008
There are good reasons to believe they won't eat our ship though if we're super logical about it. A) They didn't try to in the first place, they fed on the scraps of our crash and hovered around the ship and didn't touch it at all even though they could have then and there.

And B)We don't see lots and lots of large chunks of metal around. So how could they be metal eaters on a huge scale? We see shrubs and crater dust, but no giant natural metal that they'd reqiure to live.
>>
>>1331029
>>1331066
Hmm, they don't need to do massive damage to the pod, all they need to do is to damage some wiring or vital part of the pod to disable it. Like a squirrel eating into the wiring of a house and causing it to burn down That would be devastating to our chances of survival.
>>
>>1331099
While our survival should be number one priority, I admit that we can find a less violent way to deter the creatures if we need to.
>>
>>1330893
You briefly explained your findings to Taylor across the EMR, for the first time, she made a sigh of relief.

"Jack, you are near a Yensarium Collto or Yensa den. They have some structural and behavioral similarity to dogs expect for their tendency to consume metallic objects. Each Yensa den holds about twenty Yensa. They are docile in nature but their altitude may change according to their diet..."

"how did you know all of this?" you were really curious about it.

"I read a lot of E-books, I have a lot of spare time in my job. I didn't think there are records of Yensa on this planet. must be an unrecorded strain." She paused "Careful Jack, they can easily swarm and kill an adult in a matter of moments if felt threatened ."

>any way to kill them? are they weak to something?
>can i befriend them?
>Roger, i am coming back, they are not much of a threat
>other
>>
>>1331099
Losing our ship is only a big deal for as long as we have power, then after that it's just a shelter, even a dangerous shelter if there are metal-eating ants on this planet.

We can't change the environment we can only adapt do our circumstances.

We both voted to talk to Taylor and get her advice, she might have some idea.

I personally don't have any ideas yet, we don't know enough about these creatures to know how to ward them off, even if they are a threat to the ship, and getting close enough to find out that information is just as likely to be dangerous.

I think after we hear from Taylor we should turn around and worry about the probe. The ants haven't bothered us so far, so no need getting worried before our time about something we have no control over.

Besides, we'd want to get to the probe before the ants did.
>>
>>1331132
>other

Taylor, do you remember reading anything about them that could keep them away from our ship? A repellent, a preference, a behavior, anything.

Use your amazing mind and try to think of something. The last thing we want is for them to eat our ship and leave us without that distress beacon.

If we end up running out of power we can worry less about it.
>>
>>1331029
they can process metal, while their teeth can tear metal apart, it has to be somewhat malleable enough for it to bit.

Since it is more or less an open plain, the other viable way of obtaining metal is underground. they can dig their way to the belly of the earth. still, a treat of metal on the ground will surely get their attention.
>>
>>1331132
I want one as a pet.
and this >>1331173
>>1331179
Well when we get back, we're cleaning up the scrap.
>>
>>1331187
The scrap could be what saved our ship. It's probably much easier for them to eat than to try and tear down a solid pod. In fact you just gave me an idea.

If we find the probe and can't save it, we could leave little bits of it around our ship every day so they get a constant feed of metal that isn't our ship, it just might keep them from eating our ship for as long as we have power.
>>
>>1331204
Hmm, could also try to tame one at the same time. We could use them to "sniff" out the location of debris of the main ship.
Not even on the planet one day, and we're already trying to domesticate wildlife.
>>
>>1331173
Taylor remained silent for moment, a single ah broke the silence "They are generally sensitive against heat, since they have little means of cool regulations. They also respect the territories of some species if said species provided a sort of act of friendship or at least neutrality. They form various and mutual relations with other species. Let me think....you have to provide them something that they have never tasted before...."

>so whenever they are close, we will turn on the heat lamps. got it.
>Any way to kill them?
>I am heading back to the pod
>I will explore more for a bit [please specify]
>other
>>
>>1331223
That's what humans do. XD That's not a bad idea but remember we can't let them near us in huge numbers.

So it'd be best if we built a trap close by the pod, using some metal as bait.

After we hear from Taylor we could maybe:

>Look for probe now, and pick up as much scrap metal as we can fit in on our person while walking.
>>
>>1331223
Perfect, never tasted before - we already did that. There is no way they've eaten anything like the metal on our ship before since it's been made not only from metals on a foreign planet, but made especially for space travel.

And heat! Bingo, easy for us humans. We could keep a fire going, no problem. If there is enough oxygen for us to breath like this, then there is enough for a fire. And the shrubs mean there is more than enough fuel.
>>
>>1331261
What he said.
Later we can see if they are out and offer them some food as an act of friendship.
Stupid captcha, I wish i was a robot.
>>
>>1331260
>"Thanks Taylor that is a huge relief. We shouldn't use the heat lamps since that kind of heating takes a lot of energy.

When I'm heading back to the pod Taylor you can go outside and start building a fire.
>>
>>1331313
i think i will call it here for today

goodnight everyone!
>>
>>1331364
Great quest LXC.
>>
>>1331364
Night LXC~

Thanks for the game!
>>
>>1331374
Night Brown :)
>>
>>1331380
Good night, person who thinks similarly to me.
I'm watching you.
>>
>>1331398
But not while you sleep, that would be weird.
>>
>>1331313
"Got it, I will cut some shrubs while you are out , don't stay away from long, you hear?"

"Roger." you replied, ending the transmission afterwards.

>head back to the pod
>go and retrieve the probe
>Continue exploring [Choose cardinal direction+ for how long]
>other
>>
>>1333676
>>go and retrieve the probe
>>
>>1333676

>Go and retrieve the probe, pick up scraps of metal along the way, keep eye out for anything useful. (In honor of poster from last night.)

"Keep communications open with the suits while you're building the fire. That way if anything goes wrong we both know right away and where to find the other person.

If you see more than two ants before the fire is built get back in the pod for safety, if there are only 2 of them you can try feeding them scraps of debris. "
>>
>>1333752
Witch poster?
>>1333676
The more we do now, the less we'll need to do later.
>>
>>1333759
The Brown poster I was playing with last night.

(going by the color of our ID tags.)
>>
>>1333771
I have deceived you, >>1331374 is I!
>>
File: SPACE.png (938KB, 1732x1792px) Image search: [Google]
SPACE.png
938KB, 1732x1792px
>>1333684
you marched onwards where the probe has crashed with a proper explanation. But first you wanted to mark a one mile mark on your map, you went straight forward before taking a right, suddenly the strangest thing has occurred...

you felt really heavy . you exerted so much effort to walk the fewest of steps. All the Shrubs in the area were outright flattened to the ground as if someone has rolled over them.

The screen strapped to your suit has shutdown along with the light. Alone, you were stranded in the dark. If you recall correctly, it was 12:49 before everything went black.

This planet didn't have a moon you were aware of. None was lighting up the skies that's for fure. The luminescence of the flattened shrubs was the best guide you have in this swollen darkness.

You eventually found the probe...or its remains at least. Its outershell has been burrowed in by those Yensas, you assumed. electronic and metal scraps littered the area around it . What a shame.

Eventually, you had to retrace your steps. Everything came back to life; the flashlights, the screen, the EMR-com. You kept walking across this strange zone marking some borders in your map. They were far from accurate but they might help you to identify this area later in the future.

by now, it was 13:45 You were getting tired mainly from the extra effort in the strange zone.

>name this 'strange zone'

and

>keep going in and out for marking the map
>go to the anthill
>go back to the pod
>continue exploring [please specify]
>other
>>
>>1333793
Gravitational Anomaly Number 0001.
Also note there is a negative affect on electronics.
>>
>>1333806
Probably a bit of a negative effect on our bodies too. Body has to work harder, maybe blood can pool, dunno. Remember the overall gravity on this planet is slightly higher than earths, even without the anomaly. But a slight difference shouldn't really matter very much, but when it's flatting out shrubbery, that's quite a lot of weight.
>>
>>1333806
>>1333865

>keep going in and out for marking the map
>go to the anthill
>go back to the pod
>continue exploring [please specify]
>other
>>
>>1333865
If the shrubbery is flattened, then the anomaly is very recent. If the human body is subjected to too many g forces, the blood would collect in the legs and we would passout. G-lock is a hellova thing.
>go back to the pod
Sorry thought i put that in my post.>>1333806
>>
>>1333806
Also, gravitational anomalies are extremely rare. This could be a sign that our ship has crashed somewhere near by and it's gravity system is throwing the area off kilter? At the very least it's a sign of SOMEthing important, and perhaps unnatural.

If there are zones of higher gravity we may be lucky and find zones of much lower gravity.

Wonder how it effects our bug friends.

(I'm probably not gonna make any decisions this game/today and just sit back and read what happens or maybe chat with fellow players, I had a really bad night. Someone's car alarm went off every 20 minutes from 2AM to 7:30-8am. I slept literally only 20 minutes and then because of the alarm I could not sleep at all last night, i'm feeling really really bad.

Sorry everyone. Had to talk to landlord and all that jazz.)
>>
>>1333880
You were thinking same thing abou it possibly being recent then. And yah G-LOC is pretty fascinating. I'm aware of that phenomenon too. Definitely don't want that.

Our spacesuits are pressurised remember, so that might have helped us retain consciousness.
>>
>>1333880
you went back to the pod by 14: 06 , Taylor has already set so fires around the pod.

You were a bit exhausted from walking through this anomaly but you were mostly fine. Espa informed you that the power supply was getting below 80% . between the probe and the ongoing the emergency beacon, it wasnt much of a surprise to lose about a fifth of the power in a about 24 hours.

Taylor sat around the blazing fire, humming and whistling in the middle of the night.

>Eat/Drink
>Say something to Espa
>Say something to Taylor
>Go to sleep
>other
>>
>>1333885
it is alright anon, dont stress yourself out
>>
>>1333921
>>Eat/Drink
>Ask Taylor something
Would you mind talking about it?
>>
>>1333925
Thanx LXC
>>
>>1334054
Forget asking her about it, forgot we already did.
Ask if she is feeling better.
>>
Good night everyone, hope your night goes better than last.>>1333885
>>
>>1334117
You drank a bottle of water and ate one ration by the fire. It was so calm out there in the open. You would image how hard it would be if you landed in the midst of a jungle or other inhospitable environments in this planet.

Taylor felt better, her face was a tad livelier than before. You sat next to her as you were finishing the last of your meal, it was about 14:56 ...almost minutes away from a new dawn

"Jack...." She broke the silence, "I just want to thank you...for everything." she smiled as she was fueling the fire with more shrubs.

"Look.." you pointed at the horizon, the sun was rising like the majestic thing it is. It sent light and warmth upon anything it touched. Perhaps a glimmer of hope trickles along these soothing lights?
>>1334150
good night anon

with everyone gone, i suppose i will go to sleep too. Goodnight everyone
>>
>>1334167
With day so much shorter than night, coupled with relatively high temperatures, we can conclude this planet has very large axis tilt, or alternatively is closer to the sun and we are in high latitudes.
Since we know which system we are in, this should be enough for Espa to deduce which planet we're on.
>>
>>1334817
We need a working probe for that according to >>1325624

Our distress beacon will be picked up by any ship going by three routes. Since there are three routes just in the area it may be a high traffic area of space, so we might have a decent chance of rescue.
>>
>>1336238
High tilt planets are uncommon, so just having general astronomical info about the system should give us a good idea.
>>
>>1334817
read

>>1325624
>>1329775

this system has 12 planets ranging from Tiren Cala I to Tiren Cala XII, where XII is the only colonized planet. The rest are mostly untouched by man. One can assume that Tiren Cala XII is at the very edge of the system.
According to how short the day us combined with what you have already said, the probe has managed to deduce where we are planet-wise. We are currently in Tiren Cala III.
>>
>>1336313
Shit. How did I miss it.
>>
the day has just started but Jack is more or less exhausted from trekking in the dark and stepping into the anomaly zone.

what would you like him to do?
>>
>>1336348
Well, let tired jack get some sleep.
>>
>>1321701
you needed some rest. Thankfully the rests can also be modified as bed eating up a bit more space in the pod.

The pod AI addressed you "Sir, would you like me to wake you up in a specific time?"

>Yes, wake me up after ___ hours [It is 0:06 at the moment]
>No, I will wake up by myself
>other

i would like to apologize, Ironically, I fell asleep; i was too tired since i only slept 3 hours yesterday, now i feel much better
>>
>>1336358
>>1336735
>>
>>1336735
>>Yes, wake me up after ___ hours [It is 0:06 at the moment]
8 hours.
>>
>>1336757
8 Hours, the perfect length for a good nights rest.
>>
>>1336757
"Very good sir," Espa has dimmed the light a tad bit. It was time for a shuteye...

You woke up by the sound of roaring thunder outside, rather than the monotonous voice of the pod's AI. Taylor was glued to the screen, she wore the suit's headpiece. you could hear some awful buzzing sounds radiating from Taylor's headset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbhCeWtX9sg

"what time is it?"

"7:46...ssh..." The doctor hushed you, she was writing notes in her Geola. Espa projected itself and spoke with you in a barely audible voice.

"Sir, We have received an unknown transmission at 3:46 . Mostly incomprehensible but according to the madam, It may have a repeating pattern. Whatever it is, It has responded to our signal. The location of the said transmission is unknown, sir. The madam has confirmed that some of this transmissions are centuries old. "
The AI paused for a moment flickering for a bit "The transmission started along with the black thunder outside"

>Espa, shut down the signal, i don't trust whatever this is on the other side
>Say something to Taylor
>Say something to Espa
>Gear up, start exploring outside
>other
>>
>>1336834
Indeed.
>>1336864
Uh, I don't know what references to do for this situation.
>>Say something to Espa/Taylor
Ask the others if there's been precedence to situations like this before.
>Ask if there's any leads we can follow to the transmission.
Spooky, we'll need some time to consider this.
>>
>>1336885
Could the lightning be an side effect of the unknown broadcast? If the signal is powerful enough it can cause em fields to bisect the higher stratosphere and the planet, causing large lightning strikes to form.
Damn, haven't used my brain since college.
>>
>>1336864
Ask Espa if there is a pattern in the lightning strikes, and what could be causing them to be that color.
>>
>>1336907
>>1336916
All I can think of is that astronaut space tabletop game on Steam where you have to roll a bunch of dice on a failing ship until your crew gets to Mars.

>>1336916
>Ask Espa if there is a pattern in the lightning strikes, and what could be causing them to be that color.
"Espa, analysis. See if we can trace the IP of the caller on this audiogram."
>>
>>1336907
>>1336885
"Processing...." Espa flickered for a moment "Negative,sir. The strikes seems to be random but more focused in Gravitational Anomaly Number 0001. More input is required for further processing..."

Taylor couldn't think of something like this before neither did Espa. The doctor stopped her attempts in total frustration "I KNOW there is a pattern for these transmissions...i just...It is too complex for me to crack it. I am just a doctor not a military grad..."

Her despair morphed into a trickle of joy "Jack, Jack, there were over 531 shipments in the Merhal. Some might help us! Our company ships different objects through the galaxy; from desk decorations to experimental weaponry...this is it!"

>Come on Taylor, there is no way the shipments have survived the crash
>We should try to find as much as we can
>We shouldn't risk time and effort to find these shipments if they exist in the first place
>other
>>
>>1336981
Well, it doesn't matter. Until the storm is over it is too dangerous to go exploring.

If we shut off the emergency beacon, would the unknown signal stop too?
>>
>>1336981
>"Jack, Jack, there were over 531 shipments in the Merhal. Some might help us! Our company ships different objects through the galaxy; from desk decorations to experimental weaponry...this is it!"
>from desk decorations to experimental weaponry
So wait, are we in Cast Away now? Are we Space!FedEx?

>>1336981
>>We should try to find as much as we can
>But we'll need to get our priorities straight and make sure all our necessities are taken care of first.
>>
>>1337006
pretty much. That is why most of the ship was automated. they are simply shipping from point A to point B. I won't be surprised if the shipping company was forced to have human crew in their ships in the first place.
>>
>>1337021
>>1337006
>>1337000
So how long before our ship is washed away, we're reduced to our loincloths, and we start talking to a volleyball embedded with Espa's AI?
>>
>>1337000
>>1337006
"Shutting down beacon...." Moments later, all the unknown chattering has stopped. It was a moment of respite for certain.

In the meantime, you and Taylor had a decent meal together. Two days worth of food and water were almost gone. The thought of another water and food supply became a tad more urgent as time passed on.

A black bolt of lightning has struck very close to the pod, the thunder itself had shaken the pod a tiny bit.

The AI flickered for a second "Warning, hig-BZZZZTTTT " A bolt of lightning had indeed struck the pod, Luckily none of you were hurt as the pod is insulated from inside. The lights inside shined like the sun for a moment before everything went black.

>Attempt to reboot the ship's AI
>Do nothing for the moment
>Say something to Taylor
>Other
>>1337054
heh.

i would rewatch it sometime
>>
>>1337085
Well shit.
>Say something to Taylor
Hope you're not afraid of the dark.
then
Shut everything off, and wait till the storm is over.
We should try to collect the rain next time.
>>
>>1337085
>>1337106
2nded. Safety first, having electronics up will just make it conduct more of the lightning strikes and risk further damage.

>>1337085
>i would rewatch it sometime
Indeed.
>>
>>1337106
>>1337159
The Two of you stayed in the dark for about a whole hours before the lighting outside would subside. It was safe to reboot the system.

One of the four projectors was busted during the strike, Espa appeared to be glitching "Assessing damage....Damage:Unknown. Hello, sirs." The AI made a laggy wave.

"Espa, are you alright?" Asked Taylor

"I am not certain, sir, I am detecting 6421% increase in our powersupply. " The projection kept glitching.

>Say something to Espa
>Say something to Taylor
>Gear up, continue exploring
>other
>>
>>1337230
>6421% increase in our powersupply
Oh boy, the system's overloading right now.
>>Say something to Espa/Taylor
Is there a way to reduce your power draw to reduce the chances of you overloading your system? Are your anti-overloading fuses and switches in good order?
>>
>>1337230
>>1337255
We should get ready to activate the shutdown protocol again before she risks overloading.
>>
>>1337230
Lets hope our battery thing doesn't explode.
>Gear up, continue exploring
Lets not stay in here, just in case.
>>
We have respirators and the planet is temperate. You could just shut everything off and ride out the storm, the ship is grounded (literally) so just turning everything off should save you from frying any more circuits.
>>
>>1337255
Espa took a while to respond " There is no protocol regard this error, sir. I am unable to process a solution fo-r this problem at the moment, sir. "

The projection disappeared for a moment before coming back again " I will activate every possible functio-n, sir" A second later, the spotlights were on and you could hear a small rumbling in the bathroom. The music was on too "I am unable to be shut down, sir. This function is corrupted."

"Shit," Taylor muttered. For the moment,You urged her to go out with you for the second time. This time, she agreed with you.

>pick a cardinal direction+ for how long.
>>
>>1337335
>Check to see if the distress beacon is undamaged. Manually if you have too.

If it is undamaged, disconnect it so it doesn't BECOME damaged. Again, manually if we have to (disconnecting it physically.)

The same goes for our power generator. Because the beacon is useless without power.
>>
>>1337335
Back to the Gravitic Anomolie 0001, map the edges. We might get enough information to triangulate its center.
>>
>>1337366
If we're getting a centuries old transmission then no matter what speed that signal is going, unless it's SIGNIFICANTLY slower than light speed, it's coming from fairly far away.
>>
>>1337361
>>1337366
wait for the other anon, unless you want me to roll staight away
>>
>>1337335
>>1337361
>>1337366
So we'll have to force a shutdown to them off, which probably isn't good for the AI.
2nded turning off the essentials to our escape though.
>Ask Espa what power draw is now that every function is on.
Getting more info from the transmission might just be the key to someplace around here.
>>
>>1337400
>>1337417
>If the power draw is still too high, then force shutdown stuff before more lightning happens.
>>
>>1337417
"At full capacity usage, The energry consumiption is 5% per hour, sir. " The AI lost its lip syncing in the second half of the sentence. "We are to lose all power in 80 Tiren Cala days."

Even if the battery can store so much energy, the possible overheating problem in the future might be disastrous. For the moment, everything seemed the be fine. The beacon was built in inside the pod. Neither you nor Taylor are technical enough to dissect through layers of platings and wires to extract it. The power generator however, was accessible but none was properly equipped to handle it even with the suits on.

The two of you went outside for a moment, there were various puddles of black water, at the first glance, one might mistake any puddle for some oil. The outer layer of the pod was completely black and charred. You were luckily that the damage didn't extend inwards.

>Go and explore with Taylor [please specify]
>Say something to Espa
>Bottle up all the strange black water nearby
>other
>>
>>1337541
i should mention that the power generator/battery has outlets to recharge various electrical instruments.

dont be shy to ask me questions!
>>
>>1337541
Lets try to discharge the electricity into the ground.
We'll have to limit the amount of outflow, but it should work.
>>
>>1337555
>dont be shy to ask me questions!
Got it, thanks.

>>1337541
>"At full capacity usage, The energry consumiption is 5% per hour, sir. " The AI lost its lip syncing in the second half of the sentence. "We are to lose all power in 80 Tiren Cala days."
That's not a lot of time, we should fix this problem ASAP.

>>1337541
>>Say something to Espa
Tell Espa we're going out to fix her overloading and shutdown-inability problem.
>>1337580
2nded, get rid of the source of the problem.
>>1337541
>>Bottle up all the strange black water nearby
Gets rid of electrical discharge into the water and we can study it later.
>>
>>1337555
>>1337621
Tell Espa to limit the electrical outflow to the outside power outlets, then take some power cords plug them in and place the other end in the water.
Limit is to stop the battery form exploding from the sudden drain. We should route the power through nonessential areas incase the limit is excedded.
>>
>>1337674
>then take some power cords plug them in and place the other end in the water.
>in the water.
You sure it's safe to have an electrical discharge in the water? Shouldn't we just ground it in some dirt nearby instead?
2nded for telling her to limit it to prevent explosive sudden drains though.
>>
>>1337674
>>1337580
>>1337621
"Affirmative sir."

Fortunately, there were some cables for this occasion inside the pod, you hooked it to the outlet and went outside.

Taylor has bottled up the black water in the empty bottles while you dragged the cable to the nearest puddle and dropped the cable in it, the water sh-

You woke up with a terrible pain in your back, currently, you were resting on the side of the pod, some parts of the your suit were charred. Apparently discharging high voltage like that wasn't a good idea, the end of the cable exploded when touching this water of unknown properties. You might have died had it not been for your suit. Then again, the outflow might have been alright but this unknown water reacted violently to the surge electricity.

The last possibility is that Espa might not have adjusted the flow as you ordered it to do so...

"Jack, Jack, Are you alright?" Taylor rushed towards you the moment she heard the ruckus behind her.

>just give me some painkillers and i will be ok.
>I am fine. thank fuck we have another one of those cables
>i think i might broke something
>other
>>
>>1337695
Well, it just stormed, everything is wet. As long as we're not in the water also, it should be ok. Lets hope the soil quality is right though.
>>
>>1337706
Looks like we fried an outlet, lets try it backward.
Place end of cable first, then we plug it up.
In the meantime
>other
>Mother is that you? I'm coming mother.
>Ouch
>>
>>1337706
>>1337734
2nded for cheekyness.
>>I am fine. thank fuck we have another one of those cables
>>i think i might broke something
>>1337708
>>1337734
If everything's wet, couldn't we try heating up the area with a fire to dry it out before grounding the electrical discharge, then?
>>
>>1337757
Damp ground discharges it better, If the soil doesn't have enough "salts" in it, it would have trouble discharging anyway. But, lets try discharging it later. We need to recover.
>>
>>1337771
It might not discharge it as well, but wouldn't it be safer for controlling the surface area of where the electricity can move instead of accidentally discharging our suit? We still have 50 Earth days before full power runs out.
>>
>>1337771
>>1337780
In addition, Espa might have a problem with controlling the outflow so we might have to manually limit it ourselves anyways.
>>
>>1337780
Might be safer. I only have a theoretical knowledge of electricity. I don't actually have any experience messing with it, cause, electricity and electronics don't like me.
>>1337797
Resistors, lots of resistors then.
>>
>>1337734
>>1337757
"you are a big baby."Taylor was mildly annoyed from your snarky reply but she cracked a smile or two, she helped you to get up. She checked on your back in the pod; nothing has broken; only two uncomfortable bruises, thats all.

You asked Espa how much power did the pod lost, according to it, it was a measly 45%. Well, it isnt bad but it the cost of on functioning cable, this reward didn't seem to be appealing.

It was 10:20 by then. Still pitch black outside, only few more hours for the dawn.

>Gear up, head outside to explore
>Chill inside the pod and listen to some classical music
>Say something to Espa/Taylor
>other

>>1337757
we have the heatlamps and we can easily set some fire
>>
>>1337815
I have basic electrical engineering training from high school and occasionally tinkering with electronics in my spare time, so I'm speaking with more practical than theoretical knowledge at the moment. Practical being avoiding what happened at >>1337706 even if it's not efficient.
>>1337815
I don't think we have enough resistors for that right now. Does the ship even have any spares?
>>
>>1337829
>but at the cost

whoops

>>1337836
both Taylor and jack are not technical enough to know. Do note that in the future, some skills will be a bit obsolete unless it is one's profession
>>
>>1337836
They never taught anything interesting like that in my school. I've missed out.
>>1337847
Gotch ya.
Soldier and doctor, no electricians/engineers.
>>
>>1337865
>They never taught anything interesting like that in my school. I've missed out.
Indeed. Although I should mention when I spoke from practical experience, I've had a fair few accidents because of inattentive or disinterested classmates. It's not a fun experience, especially if you're saddled up with one of them because no one else wants them. It is one of the things that taught me a great appreciation for safety procedures though, so there’s that. It helped that I followed them well enough the accidents that did happen weren't as worse as they could've been from other people.
>>1337847
>>1337865
What a shame, now we can't Isaac Clarke our way out of this.
How good is their knowledge on basic electrical safety though?
>>
>>1337829
>Gear up, head outside to explore.
Well then, lets go and map that anomaly, and look for food.
>>1337926
Shit, ignorant people suck.
>>
>>1337829
>You asked Espa how much power did the pod lost, according to it, it was a measly 45%. Well, it isnt bad but it the cost of on functioning cable, this reward didn't seem to be appealing.
So are we fine now or should we still keep trying to lower the discharge? How long until the next thunderstorm hits?
>>1337980
2nded. Let's hope we can find a lead on those shipments.

>>1337980
>Shit, ignorant people suck.
Absolutely. Good thing the partners we have are the competent type to pay attention, to my understanding.
>>
>>1337980
>>1337926
With Taylor, you headed to the west where the anomaly zone was. You had to slow down a bit so the doctor can keep pace, even though you barely passed one mile to the west, she was a bit tired.

Some of the purple shiny metal scraps which was similar to the Yensa's anthill top or den was glowing and emitting a small tiny discharge every couple of minutes of so. How interesting. you also managed to mark yet another border of the anomaly zone.

"J-jack look!" You have no clue how did you miss it last time. A small lake steaming small bubble and warmth. The water itself was black but it was slightly clearer than the puddles from earlier.

It wasn't a surprise that you weren't tempted by this lake. In all honestly, both of you were starting to get rather...unclean and stinky. There was no shower in the pod. You were not sure it was a good idea to take a dip here. In all honestly this was the closest thing you came across as a place for a proper bath.

>Suggest taking a bath in the warm lake
>Ignore the lake for the moment
>Attempt to drink a sip of this unknown water
>Dive in, maybe there is something at the bottom [roll a 20]
>other

how are you holding out, anons? since i slept i can continue but i know it is getting late for some.

>>1337926
not much since almost everything is automated.
>>
File: SPACE.png (1MB, 1732x1792px) Image search: [Google]
SPACE.png
1MB, 1732x1792px
>>1338104
>>
>>1338104
Take a sample for analysis. Don't want any space parasites crawling up anything of ours.
It's almost midnight here, and that's when i'm going to bed.
Excellent quest btw.
>>
>>1338104
>>1338132
2nded.
We really should get some replacements for the shit we broke by accident earlier once we finish charting stuff.

>>1338104
>>1338132
>It's almost midnight here, and that's when i'm going to bed.
It's a bit past that for me, but I'm fine with it for now since we're having a decent discussion here between the 3 with the 3 of us.
>>
>>1338111
What do these map markers represent?
White for pod? Purple for us? Black for gravity anomaly we found earlier?
>>
>>1338149
our only options is to scavenge the ship's debris if we find any
>>1338132
Taylor has bottled up some but she haven't figured out what to do with them, the only thing i can think of is heating it.

whenever you wanna call it for today, just say so

>>1338159
white is pod
red is half a mile distance
purple is the yensa den
black patch is the lake
cyan is the borders of the anomaly
>>
>>1338163
other option is of course to outright drink them/apply then on skin
>>
Shit, I'll stay up till 2.
That should let me get 7 hours of sleep.
Discussion quality is excellent, and the quest is very interesting.
>>1338172
Crap he don't have the right equipment to analyse the water do we? Lets boil the water, and examine anything that is left.
>>
>>1338104
>>Suggest taking a bath in the warm lake
Can we lewd Taylor?
>>
>>1338172
>other option is of course to outright drink them/apply then on skin
>Inb4 we get parasited.
Let's not do that.

>>1338182
Fantastic.

>>1338163
>>1338182
2nded.

>>1338104
>not much since almost everything is automated.
What a shame. I'll be sure to provide suggestions for safety later on then.
On further thought, if it's mostly automated then shouldn't Espa have operational safety instructions to give us then, or a manual somewhere in the ship?

>>1338183
>>>Suggest taking a bath in the warm lake
>In an uncharted and unknown area.
This is how we get parasites.
>>
>>1338163
The Dr. should know basic chemistry, so lets get molecular.
Do we at least have a microscope?
>>
>>1338217
Obviously we should test it first
>>
>>1338163
>>1338217
>>1338246
2nded for more investigations.

>>1338287
Just wanted to check. Still, we should do that after we take care of all the necessities and fix our shit.
>>
>>1338172
>>1338182
>>1338183
With the EMR Tool, you heated a small cup of this black water, The water eventually evaporated leaving a Black residue

"What is this?" Curiosity overwhelmed Taylor as she scooped the residue from the cup. It was sand-like at first glance. It felt more of molten sugar rather than grains of sand. It didn't emit an odor but as soon as it remained dry in the air, its colour turned to green . It must have reacted to something in the air.
>Suggest taking a bath in the warm lake
>Ignore the lake for the moment
>Attempt to drink a sip of this unknown water
>Dive in, maybe there is something at the bottom [roll a 20]
>other

>>1338246
highly unlikely anon

>>1338217
I don't think so, even if that was the case, Espa is suffering some minor malfunctions from the excessive surge of electricity from earlier.
>>
>>1338309
>>Ignore the lake for the moment
We don't have enough shit for this unfortunately.
>Continue mapping out the area.
>>
We could be mean and throw one of the metal eating ant dogs into it, but that's just mean. >>1338309
Green? Green That's interesting.
>>1338325
Agreed
We can distill water at the pod.
>>
>>1338183
>Can we lewd Taylor?
Probably, but we should consider that once we're out of this emergency situation.
>>
>>1338325
>>1338335
The two of you kept walking in the north west direction, Taylor was getting more tired as well as you. Your throat was starting to feel more sore the more you inhaled more traces of chlorine. . Your stomach grumbled a bit, it was hunger but it might have to do with the minor exposure to radiation you took in last couple of days.

"Did you see something out there?" Taylor pointed her flashlight to the right, where the anomaly existed, even with the flashlight, your overall visibility was pretty much shit.

After clearing your throat,you squinted your eyes...Is that...?

It was indeed a container, a shipment of many. it was in perhaps the lowest area in the crater as if there was another mini crater in this one, it has half buried in the ground. there were zero vegetation around it. the ground seemed to be crackled and dry.

>go and get the container
>Ask Taylor to help you to drag the container
>go back to the pod, both of you are a bit tired
>other
>>
File: SPACE.jpg (355KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
SPACE.jpg
355KB, 3000x3000px
>>1338409
>>
>>1338400
test!
>go back to the pod, both of you are a bit tired
>>
>>1338183
>>1338400

Don't want to be stranded and pregnant

>>1338416
Can we draw on the map?
>>
>>1338432
yes, obviously i am not much of a mapman but i wanted to give a small sense of direction and distance
>>
>>1338417
>>1338432
i suppose i will call it here for today. I don't want to ruin anyone's day.

Goodnight, everyone!
>>
>>1338497
K
Good night fellow questers.
>>
>>1338497
>>1338507
G'night folks, thanks for the session.

>>1338441
That's fine.

>>1338417
2nded. We can get the shipment later, and hopefully get some loading gear and shovels to help bring the container to base.

>>1338432
>Don't want to be stranded and pregnant
>and pregnant
Isn't that how Stranded Leader Quest almost immediately went, though?
>>
File: SPACE reworked.png (1MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
SPACE reworked.png
1MB, 3000x3000px
Is this map ok?
>>
>>1338541
No clue, just recently started.
>>
There is no reason to take a bath in the questionable water.

If we haven' t been cleaning ourselves since the crash then that's just retarded.

We have clean water in bottles AND the ship can purify our waste. (>>1329775)

All we literally had to do was wash ourselves with a washcloth and some water this entire time.

We technically don't have to worry about our water ration supply (the bottles of water) until the ship runs out of power.

And the only thing worth using the power for is the distress beacon so I say now that the storm is over:

>>1338409
>Other
>Turn the distress beacon back on - come for the container when it's lighter out.

(Run that puppy until there isn't any power. Pray someone picks up the signal.)
>>
I'd also like to note that if that container is one of OUR shipments, that means the crashed main ship might not be far away from that vicinity and that would definitely be worth finding.

The main ship would have lots of usable stuff just with the extra escape pods alone.

Whatever survived the crash.
>>
>>1338558
Looks fine, having labels for the markers is MUCH more helpful than having to refer to a proceeding post.
>>1338571
So are you a newfag to /qst/ and this is your first quest then?

>>1339099
I think the anon suggested as a partially joking, partially lewd response. He did say to test it first before trying to then continue exploring questionable water or bath with Taylor while the rest of our shit is still wrecked.
>>1339159
Certainly, but we're getting what we can first to help prep for the next disaster.
>>
File: SPACE reworked 2.png (1MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
SPACE reworked 2.png
1MB, 3000x3000px
>>1339293
First, not really more like my 7th.
Just started bout a couple of weeks ago.
And I forgot to label the pod. Here it is with that label
>>
>>1339299
>And I forgot to label the pod. Here it is with that label
Looks good to me. Has all the info we need.

>First, not really more like my 7th.
>Just started bout a couple of weeks ago.
So that's including all the quests you've been questing or lurking on, or have you been actually made that many these past couple of weeks that miserably failed before you got to this one?
>>
>>1339317
Questing and lurking on, bout 13 in total.
I'm not counting ones that didn't make it one page.
>>
>>1338409
>Ask Taylor to help you to drag the container
>>
>>1338497
But be careful of the changes in gravity.
Falling in 1g might not hurt us, but in higher g it will be more dangerous.
>>
>>1339501
>>1339570
>>1338541
Shouldn't we come back later with more gear for excavation, if we have any?

>>1339325
Well that's a relief, it would be tragic if most of them were the failed upstarts.
>>
>>1339580
Do we have a forklift or a excavator somewhere on the lifepod? I was not aware we had that kind of gear.
>>
>>1339604
No idea, but we're a shipping company so we should have at least something that comes with that.
>>
>>1339580
Failing to starta quest is almost arbitrary here on 4chan.

Unless you already have followers from previous quests, you could be an amazing writer and still get no responses, it's practically random what gets started and what doesn't.

Someone could decide to keep your thread alive single handedly at the beginning of the quest until it gets enough attention from bumps.

Or sometimes no one picks up on your quest except when you're sleeping, in other words the people who get interested in your quest are in a completely different timezone and so the quest goes wicked slow so you might as well not continue it.

Even people who are popular and have a following sometimes fail to have enough people show up - and those people announce their games ahead of time. (Like the Adventure Thing guy).

Pretty much the only safe way to start a quest and know for sure people are going to play it is if you have players already lined up and ready to go.

Or you can master opening lines/tricks that seem to work on /qst/

Like make options for character creation immediately, simple 'male or female' questions etc.

Stuff that anyone randomly clicking through new quests doesn't find hard to answer or commit to. And you do that for about two or three posts so that your game remains bumped long enough for people to actually know it exists.

So yah, long story short, even if OP failed 13 quests I wouldn't judge him at all. I could probably find at least two or three threads up RIGHT now that are amazing first posts that no one ended up playing.
>>
Rolled 411 (1d531)

>>1339501
>>1339570
The doctor was reluctant at first but she agreed to lend you a hand.

The two of you moved every slowly inside the anomaly zone, The container drew close with each step.

Finally, after great effort. You two reached the container, The container had a couple of dents but it was mostly okay. It was designed to be extremely resistant to almost everything. It was reasonable to having rather expensive prices for intergalactic shipping. It had another smaller container in it which is suspended by anti gravity field to ensure that the shipment inside remain unharmed. Thankfully, The doctor could still open the container; they lazily gave her all access despite her being only useful in the bio-sensitive section. At each end of the journey, the security measures were tight so it was almost impossible to steal anything.

you found....
>>
>>1339703
Take the anti-gravity unit from the container. It can be used to help us move things or possibly as protection against the gravity anomalies if the field is large enough to encompass a person (maybe while crouching?)

Either way, I can't see it being anything but useful.
>>
>>1339703
>Also a question for the Dr. Would the cryobeds also use similar technology? If yes we might be able to rescue crew from the crashed ship.

Because I have no idea what keeps them frozen, if it requires power, or if it has some backup power or whatever, who knows. And if their containers are just as durable, and they have anti-grav protecting their bodies, we might have a whole crew of survivors.
>>
>>1339716
>>1339723

....a set of clothes for what seemed to be a fashion show , they had this neon lining with a plethora of colours. Neither you nor Taylor were thrilled by it.

You read the order details, it said the following:

Sent to
1242 Filstore,
Fangreeen,
Tiren Cala XII

What can i say? the designer is too paranoid to use cheaper means of shipping or else someone will '''steal''' her fabulous designs. who the hell would design both summer AND winter collection at the same time???

Well, she is rolling the money in the company so i can't be too bitchy about it. Store the winter collection somewhere safe, alright?

>continue exploring the anomaly zone
>head back to the pod
>other
>>
>>1339744
>Ask Dr. if Cryobeds had similar technology. Take the anti-gravity unit from the container and test to see how far it's field reaches. Either way, definitely keeping it.
>>
>>1339751
This soünds fine. Voting for it.
>>
>>1339744
>>1339751
>>1339756
3rded.
>>head back to the pod
Time to recover for next time, maybe get some more excavation gear too.
>>
Just to help everyone out:

Items we have:

Escape pod, broken? probe,

sedatives, painkillers, STEM syringes , disinfectants, some surgical tools and antirad pills, large bag (>>1322527)

All pod items >>1324942
Relevant Quest information for the moment:

Since we found a container, we should probably be on the look out for a container containing: A blue beating heart from Mars was overheating and acting irregularly inside its container. >>1326566
>>
We should also turn the distress beacon back on, if we haven't done it already.
>>
>>1339756
The anti-gravity field was built in the external container which was impossible to move in this anomaly zone, the small container however, it was doable. It required more effort. As you two reached the borders, you were extremely tired. Blood dripped from the doctor's nose, she assured you that she was fine.

Power came back to the suit as you exited the anomaly. It was 12:53 by then, still pitch as dark. Had it been for the EMR-multi tool, you wouldn't have seen anything in this darkness.

You sensed some movement ahead of you in the shrubs. It was indeed those Yensa Taylor talked you about. Two to be exact. They were small as you might have expected with a large maw filled with large, bulky teeth, you could spot to glandular protrusions at the base of their necks. They possessed five eyes in a arching pattern across their relatively wide heads.

More of this purple shiny metal protruded from their back, this metal must have been their primary source of food, their front legs were more developed that their hind legs. their short back arched a a little bit in a convex fashion.

They emitted what you could interpret as a whimpering sound, their eyes dart between the large container and your cautious face. Taylor remain still, barely blinking at all.

>Shoot the Yensa
>Ignore the Yensa, head back to the pod
>Shoo the Yensa
>other
>>1339751
i dont think so, the cryobeds weren't build with this in mind, that will simply add more costs to a company that wanted the ship to be automated at the first place.

it is almost an undoubtedly truth that everyone has died in the ship.

>>1339763
the gear is totally unnecessary for survival. it would take space in this small pod. also unnecessary waste of money according to the shipping money.
>>
>>1339824
>Reach into my pockets and take out some of the metal crash scraps I'd been collecting. (>>1331261, >>1331296)

Toss it in front of us towards the Yensa to see if they accept the offer. (>>1331260)

Keep a respectful distance.
>>
>>1339845

Seconding.
>>
>>1339845
>>1339893
Those little creatures ignored it, maybe it seemed to be so bland to them. you were not sure. their eyes were still fixed on the large, now empty container.

>Shoot the Yensa
>Ignore the Yensa, head back to the pod
>Shoo the Yensa
>other
>>
>>1339909
Can we disengage the antigrav unit from the container?
>>
>>1339915
nope, like i said, it is built if the larger container itself.
>>
>>1339925
What are we gonna use the cargo pod for?
>>
>>1339925
built in
>>1339951
as of right now, we can't move it. so none at the moment
>>
>>1339958
Then let the yensa have the pod. There should be more pods out there.
>>
>>1339967
they weren't waiting for a permission. they can't reach it and they saw you two reaching it
>>
>>1339975
Oh ok. Can we give them the small container?
>>
i am sorry anons but i am not feeling too good to continue. so despite what progress we made, i will call it for today
>>
>>1340018
Ok, hope you feel better tomorrow.
>>
>>1340018

Thanks for the session, pray you get well soon :) And get a good rest.
>>
>>1339982
this, but keep the clothes, we will want something else to wear when our current ones start to smell
>>
hey

sorry in advance for this blogposting. but i got food poisoning last night.

A couple of throw ups, fever, aches later, i am mostly fine but my sleeping hours is more or less fucked; i would sleep for 2 hours and wake up. It was and still a horrible experience.

So again, no session for today. I hope i will sort things out by tomorrow.
>>
>>1343541
No problem, it happens to everything. Thanks for updating us, pray you get good sleep, and the same for me too. I have sleeping trouble a lot.
>>
What >>1344481 said.
>>
"Are you sure this is a good idea?" despite her protest, Taylor allowed you to empty the container. The Yensa rattled their back in anticipation as you dropped it gently on the ground. You could interpret their squeal as a joyous one.

Not a moment later, other pure hidden Yensa joined their brothers, they tore down the container bit by bit leaving some mere scraps when they finished.

You checked the clock ,it was 13:07 , dawn was mere hours away.

>head back to the pod
>continue exploring
>continue marking borders for the anomaly zone
>other

i wish i can draw those little guys but i am absolutely ms paint tier
>>
>>1345784
>continue exploring
>>
>>1345784
So the Yensa like us now? That's nice.
>>1345784
>>continue exploring
Find more shipments we can use. Did we already take the anti-grav field?
>>
>>1345834
>Did we already take the anti-grav field?
Disregard that. I forgot it was built into the larger container.
>>
>>1345811
>>1345834
Taylor gave you a look of disbelief "I am not up for this, I am heading back, you may wanna do the same." she wiped off the blood from her nose.

>i will be back in a bit [chose a direction+ for how long]
>you are right, lets head back
>say something to Taylor
>other
>>
>>1345886
>she wiped off the blood from her nose.
Oh, right. Forgot about that.
>>i will be back in a bit [chose a direction+ for how long]
Mark down the location we met with the Yensa then return.
>>
>>1345886
>i will be back in a bit
>Search in a expanding spiral centered on the pod
>Return in an hour
>>
Rolled 2 (1d2)

>>1345901
>>1345919
>>
File: SPACE.jpg (393KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
SPACE.jpg
393KB, 3000x3000px
you spiraled to the south this time, panting in the process as you uncovered more land near the Yensa den, Your eyes would occasionally flicker from your overall exhaustion. You felt like you could collapse any moment.

Nothing of intrest was in your path, perhaps this was for the best; there were some situations you couldn't handle in such state.

>head back to the pod, sleep
>continue exploring
>other
>>
>>1345997
>You felt like you could collapse any moment.
Time to rest.
>>head back to the pod, sleep
>>
>>1346000
welp, looks like the other anon is gone. it is just you and me then
>>
>>1346124
>looks like the other anon is gone.
We hardly knew 'ye, other anon.
>>
>>1346000
it was 14:21 by the time you went back to the pod. You throat was killing you. Once inside, you quickly grabbed something to eat and drink before slipping into a deep sleep.

A bright flash has bolted you out of your slumber. You woke up confused and disoriented "What is going on?"

it was 7:31 and yet it was brighter than day. how could this be?

"some kind of a ....pulse?" Taylor didn't pay much attention to you; she was looking from the window which was awfully bright, She also wore one of these fashion clothes empathizing her rather slim body, the neon on her clothes was barely noticeably thanks to the flashes of light outside.

>Comment on what she is wearing
>say something to Taylor
>say something to Espa
>Other
>>
>>1346188
>>say something to Espa
Espa, readings on the pulse?
>>say something to Taylor/Espa
Think this might be from the anomaly or mystery transmission from earlier?
>>
>>1346216
"There is no transmission, i have checked more than once."

"I agree with the sir. This pulse of light . It originates from the planet itself. Without the probe i am unable to pinpoint its location."

"look at the shrubs." Taylour pointed outside, their colour has turned into green instead of the bright blue.

>Remain in the pod until the pulse would end
>Go outside, explore [please specify]
>Say something to Taylor/Espa
>other
>>
>>1345997

I've just arrived

Let's sleep

and consider opening a new thread tomorrow, this one is in autosage and won't be seen by many people on the board
>>
>>1346277

Do you have a read on the radiation? is it safe to exit? I would like to search for the origin of the event
>>
>>1346277
>>1346335
2nding. However, chances are the pulse is a pulse of radiation like from STALKER. Knowing the radiation levels on this planet without a radiation pulse, it's probably best to stay inside for now.
>>
>>1346335
We do have some rad medications I think I remember and yah I second starting a new thread OP. I been playing this game since the beginning and I missed the session start today because I forgot the game was in permasage.

>Seconding getting rest.
>>
>>1346335
>>1346371
>>1346375
"Processing....there is a 30% increase in radiation, the overall radiation does not cross the lethal threshold."

Well, whatever this light source might be, it did illuminate the whole area, perhaps you might find something new out there. then again, It might be hazardous outside. food is running out, the purifier in the bathroom wouldnt be a perfect choice for sustained water supply.

Not good.

>Remain in the pod until the pulse would end
>Go outside, explore [please specify]
>Say something to Taylor/Espa
>other
>>
>>1346410
If only we had a visor for bright lights..

>Take an anti-rad pill and wait a little longer. Ask Espa to give us updates on the radiation levels to see if they are climbing or going down.
>>
>>1346410
>>Remain in the pod until the pulse would end
>Ask Espa to give us updates on the radiation levels to see if they are climbing or going down.
Let's avoid radiation sickness.

>>1346375
>>1346326
>this one is in autosage and won't be seen by many people on the board
Personally I sort by Last Replies which is how I find active threads like these, as I don't see why I should go by bump orders for a Quest. However, after we resolve this part I don't mind another thread start.
>>
>>1346422

This,
let's search for the source
>>
>>1346465
Yah, that's a good idea. I usually use the catalog too, but today I was caught up playing a few quests (when normally I play just one at a time) so I had it left on the actual bump page.
>>
>>1346410
>>1346422
>>1346484
Mmm... Sure, I'll switch my vote from >>1346465 to we wait a bit to measure the radiation levels. If the stabilized levels are safe enough, pop an anti-rad pill, then go out to search out for the source. Maybe we can harness whatever light is coming out of the place as a light beacon.
>>
>>1346422
>>1346465
both you and Taylor took an anti rad pill just in case, The AI has confirmed that the radiation level is more or less stable.

An hour has passed and The radiance from the continuous pulses remained. You could briefly see a glimpse of darkness before this ominous pulse would shine again. Suddenly, Taylor perked up to a beeping sound she has been longing for...

A direct response from the emergency signal ..

it was a myriad of unintelligible words in various speeds. You thought you have heard a word or two amongst this madness, it was....

[roll a 20]
>>
>>1346533
>response to
sorry
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>1346533
>20
>>
>>1346533
>"Finally!" No matter how tired Jack is, he forces himself to stay awake and alert, bending all of his mental faculties towards listening and thinking about the situation at hand. "Espa, can you decode that? Where is it coming from?"

Nice roll >>1346540
>>
>>1346560
>>"Finally!" No matter how tired Jack is, he forces himself to stay awake and alert, bending all of his mental faculties towards listening and thinking about the situation at hand. "Espa, can you decode that? Where is it coming from?"
Nice command.
>>1346533
>>1346560
>Nice roll
Thx m8. You going to roll too? How does the rolling system work here?
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1346533
>>1346560
this
>>
>>1346607
Normally I'd roll too but I saw your roll before I sent and it's not likely I could do better than a 17.

How rolling works here, I actually don't remember, we almost never roll unless it's to break a tie in a vote. OP Will have to answer. It's either highest roll, or first person to roll.

Either way you've got us covered, I think.
>>
>>1346533
>>1346540
>>1346560
2nding this once we get the results of our roll.

Just so you know, we already slept a full 8 hours if the clock is going by Tiren days, and 18 if it's going by Earth days.

>>1346620
Ah, alright. But since we're all going for the same decision anyways, I don't think there's a harm in rolling.
>>
>>1346540
>>1346560
"Break...the....Dawn. kill the unseen ...."

" Sir, i am detecting multiple lifeforms outside of the pod."

They slithered from the shrubs into the open, twenty or so Yensa surrounding the pod in an orderly fashion. Their eyes... brighter than the sun

"Jack?" Taylor wasn't comfortable with the pack this close to the pod. Wind was picking up as well brimming with endless dust. Caustic substance dripping from their open maw, The Yensa remained Idle for the moment.

>go outside, confront the Yensa
>ask Taylor to___
>ask Espa to____
>other

>>1346560
it is more or less gibberish, there is nothing to decipher from it.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d20)

>>1346634
Ok you've convinced me.

I thought you might be brown/purple. The player whose been with me since near the beginning. (They have a changing IP). I know you've been here pretty long anyway because of your post count, so you know the rolling here about the same as I do.
>>
>>1346634
>>1346620
rolling give an indication of what i am about to write in an arbitrary fashion. i am trying to use it as little as possible.

in this scenario, rolling a 20 would have made the final audible word , well, audible.
>>
>>1346666
Fucking hell, ubersatan

>>go outside, confront the Yensa

Let's hope they remember, don't stray far from the pod, if they attack head inside

I don't like their dripping maws and I fear they will eat our humble abode
>>
>>1346666
>"They can't be acting under their own volition. We've been keeping fire around the POD to keep them away, except during the storm, AND we've given them peace offerings of new metals."

"Something must be controlling them somehow."

>"Espa, I need you to try two things. Try turning on the heat, but ONLY briefly, I just want to see if they run away like they normally would and I don't want to waste a lot of power. After that, if my suspicions are right, I need to know if we can send a signal 'back' through the beacon."
>>
>>1346666
>>1346695
>>1346693
2nding. We must bring them back to the light!

>>1346690
>rolling give an indication of what i am about to write in an arbitrary fashion. i am trying to use it as little as possible.
Sounds good.
>>1346690
>in this scenario, rolling a 20 would have made the final audible word , well, audible.
Thanks for the info on roll outcomes.

>>1346679
>Rolled 18 (1d20)
Nice roll. A bit of a shame it couldn't come in time but oh well.
>>1346679
>I thought you might be brown/purple. The player whose been with me since near the beginning. (They have a changing IP).
Oh, hah. Nope. No idea what happened to that guy.
>>1346679
>I know you've been here pretty long anyway because of your post count, so you know the rolling here about the same as I do.
Yeah, I came around the part where we accidentally shocked ourselves while trying to reduce the overloading battery.
I've only been reading the parts I was directed too and briefly glancing over some of the earlier parts, but I'll try and get back to them before I miss anything important.
>>
>>1346666
>go outside, confront the Yensa
First put on the space suit.
>>1346695
i'm back went home for a little bit
>>
>>1346666
>>1346725
>>1346758
This is also a good idea, 2nding this as well.
We should also tell the others to get ready for a fight.
>>
>>1346758
Welcome back :)
>>
>>1346693
>>1346695
"Affirmative..." Espa had turned on the heat lamps. The response was a violent hiss but none had made an advance. they remained still.

That was at least until a bulking figure came into the scene...

The largest of the Yensa with visible wrinkles and scars, The crystals on its back lost its purple colour, instead, it was almost golden. Its teeth has lost its bulkiness but it became sharper and more slender almost canine like.

It raised its bulbous head to the glowing skies and bellowed, The other Yensa rushed towards you, eager to tear you down.

every action might require a roll so do so just in case.

>hold your ground, shoot the charging Yensa
>Quickly run back to the Pod, close the hatch behind you
>Run away from the pod, perhaps this will attract the Yensa towards you.
>other
>>
>>1346791
>>other
Discharge the extra electricity in a show of power?
>>
>>1346794
This might not be a bad idea.

Our distress call was heard, even though we didn't get the message in return (gibberish) we know that someone got our call and that means someone out there knows where we are and rescue is (hopefully) on it's way.

All we have to do might be to hold out.

If the ground is wet, we can fry a lot of these guys if they happen to surround our pod...

What does everyone else think?
>>
>>1346791
>>1346794
>>1346821
Sounds good. We learned our lesson from frying ourselves earlier, now we can turn said lesson against them!
>>
>>1346794
>>1346821
>>1346827

doing so will require jack to go back to the hatch, bring another cable and drop it in the nearest puddle which is more or less impossible with the current pack rushing at time, the second he is out again, he will be torn

the first cable is more or lest useless to us as well.
>>
Do we have something to broadcast a high powered radio frequency? We might be able to "drown out" what is controlling the Yensa.
>>
>>1346827
Ok, we still have the main ship crashed somewhere too, so that's a back up. I say we give it as much power as we've got and make sure to fry all or most of them. It's our only chance.

Have the plasma ready to shoot any stragglers.

>Let's roll everyone.
>>
>>1346838
we do have a loud speaker that can be used, we are not aware of what is controlling the Yensa.
>>
>>1346838
That was my first plan: >>1346695 but then we left the pod.

Maybe the discharge is still possible if we have Taylor toss the cable out for us/help. We still have communication with her on our suit Comm.
>>
>>1346852
Although I don't remember leaving the pod?
>>
>>1346848
K, was just thinking the odd pulses were "controlling" them. They could very well be objecting to the giving of food, thinking we are trying to usurp their leadership.
>>
>>1346865
I agree with your premise. It's smart. They are giving off radiation and our pods power source could probably disrupt that with our own radiation. I assume the pulse etc. is what's controlling them too.

I think everyone is on the right page, that we have to disrupt them somehow, whether by blasting them apart all at once or by messing with their signal.

>Espa, is there some way we can give off a lot of radiation? I'm willing to spend all of the energy we have left in the ship.
>>
I thought of the distress beacon as being maybe a source of radiation, but then I had the thought that it probably has FTL technology or else it wouldn't be a useful distress beacon for anyone stranded in space. In which case, it's probably not radiation based.
>>
>>1346863

>>1346758
>>1346693
whatever action jack is going to do, it ought to be fast or he will be shredded
>>
>>1346881
It should be a constant power, covering the frequencies that match the pulses. Constant power that is more powerful than the pulses, if possible.
>>1346894
Hmm
>>1346899
AAARRGGGHHHH
>panic
>>
so what will it be?

>>1346894
yep, we have no means of producing bursts of radiation
>>
>>1346912
Oh well, lets shoot the poor little buggers.
Starting with the crystals on the back of the alpha.
>>
>>1346919
Attack the glowing crystals! That must be its weak spot/antenna!
>>
>>1346919
roll
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1346937
Rolling
>>
Rolled 17 (1d20)

>>1346912
Well, outside or inside if we die there isn't anything we can do about it. Our best chance is to hold off for a few more seconds and see if there isn't anything we can do inside the pod, rather than die outside here. It's pretty much our only option.

>Run back inside the ship. "Taylor, Espa? If you have any smart ideas do them now. If you can't think of anything give off as much heat as you can for as long as you can, and pray that we get rescued miraculously in the nick of time or make peace with your life. However you'd like to spend your last moments."
>>
>>1346943
Well fuck screw that.
>>1346946
Thank you for the rescue.
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>1346937
>>1346932
>>1346919
Then
>>1346946
>>
>>1346946
>>1346954
>>1346950
you quickly fired a couple of shots before retreating back to the ship. You melted the innards of six of them. Not bad for a quick reaction shot. As you were sealing the door behind you, the rest continued to ram the door viciously with their head at first. The black crisp formed from the bolt seemed to make the whole gnawing processes so...

hard...

The Sun

so bright....

so...

bright...

You watch in terror as Jack closed the hatch behind him, The EMR-mutitool already shaking and trembling at your grasp. Thank god none has managed to slip by here.
"Jack, are you alright?" The ex-soldier dropped his plasma weapon, he closed his eyes while leaning against the door, you could hear the awful sound of teeth grinding against metal outside. You have no idea how mu-

"J-jack?" Oh god, His eyes.... brighter than the sun

He looked at you, a blank stare. No expression, no emotion. Nothing. He slowly started to walk slowly towards you.

any roll will be of 30

>say something to jack
>go and hide in the bathroom
> open the hatch, go outside
>Other
>>
Rolled 15 (1d20)

>>1347034
>>say something to jack
Happy jack wasn't tall, but he wasn't fat.
>Other
Knock the ever living hell out of him. You're a doctor, you know where to hit to take him out without killing him.
>>
>>1347034
Hide in the bathroom

Then yell at Jack
>>
>>1347034
>>1347054
2nding.
>>1347034
>any roll will be of 30
So it's a 1d20 or 1d30 now?
>>
>I second using my tool to knock him unconscious. Then shield my eyes immediately. We're not getting possessed like everything else.
>>
>>1347054
>>1347064
thirty

Taylor is physically inferior to jack
>>
Rolled 17 (1d30)

>>1347073
>>
Rolled 21 (1d30)

>>1347074
>Taylor is physically inferior to jack
Oh, I see. That makes sense.

>>1347034
>>1347054
>>1347073
2nding.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d30)

>>1347064
>>1347074
>>say something to jack
They jumped on his back, and lied lied lied lied lied.
>Other
Knock the ever living hell out of him. You're a doctor, you know where to hit to take him out without killing him.
>>
>>1347086
Er. Was imagining myself in Taylor's position, started thinking bout that song, and now i have spooked myself.
>>
>I also vote that if Taylor survives this quest alone, she worship at a shrine of Jack for the rest of her life until she dies for everything he's done for her through all of her girl panicking.
>>
>>1347077
>>1347079
>>1347086
the EMR multi tool had a small zapper, you pulled it out instead of the knife and quickly tazed Jack, this ought t-

"So....bright..." He was almost unfazed by the shock, he didn't flinch nor react properly to it. He twisted your arm with ease forcing you to drop the multitool before grabbing you by the neck and slamming you against the wall.

His muscular body pined yours on the floor, you wiggled right and left as he was choking life out of you.

"J-Jack, p-please...." you were struggling to form the simplest of sentences. A blank expression was written on his face in the process.

Espa watched over you both without uttering a single word. The sounds around you started to dull out, same went to your overall vision

any roll will be of thirty

>use the primalest of actions to fend yourself (bite, scratch poke...etc)
>try to reach for the multitool
>Try to utter a word or two to Espa
>Other
>>
Rolled 10 (1d30)

>>1347133

>Strongly suspect OP is tired of quest and is hungry for death. lol

>In all seriousness, since the tool didn't phase him, biting and etc. won't either, this is pretty much the end of the game unless the Espa option will actually do anything. So I'll try the last ditch option, and see if Espa has come up with a solution yet. "ESPA, CAN YOU DO ANYTHING!??" I suspect Espa will answer either as the bad guy, or under control of the thingy.

>Also can hope for a last minute saving from whoever received our distress beacon call.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d30)

>>1347133
>use the primalest of actions to fend yourself (bite, scratch poke...etc)
Bite his hand.
>>
Rolled 22 (1d30)

>>1347133
>>1347152
2nding.
>>
>>1347154
Change my vote to
>>1347152
>>
>>1347133
>>1347152
>>1347175
Also, since it says a word or two, say "ESPA, HELP!" instead.
>>
>>1347232
>>Also, since it says a word or two, say "ESPA, HELP!" instead.

You're a genius lol
>>
>>1347152
>>1347154
>>1347175
" of course , sir. please remain still" suddenly, one of the storage compartments burst wide open crashing into Jack's head. The impact was strong enough that it managed to knocked him out cold with a gashing open wound in the head.

"Why...why...didn't you..." at the moment you didn't have any power in you to argue with the AI. Instinctively, you backed yourself to a wall gasping for air. Blood slowly started to pool under his head. Your eyes darted towards the endless gnawing sounds outside.

One of the Yensa has peaked its head through a newfound whole, its teeth eager to gnaw your flesh and bones, others were to follow.

>hide in the bathroom
>attempt to shoot the raging Yensa
>attempt to stab the raging Yensa
>Other
>>
>>1347242
>"Espa attempt anything and everything to Jam their signal and stop them from reaching me. Turn on whatever heat you have left, blast signals of every kind in all directions. Just do anything."

>While Espa does that, I take Jack's Plasma and shoot out until either I'm dead, or safe. There isn't anything more I can do.
>>
>>1347242
Hiding is not going to help, we're not trained in shooting, soo
>Other
ESPA, I need some ideas here!
>>
Rolled 8 (1d30)

>>1347274
>Oh yah, and I don't know how they possessed Jack, but the glowing eyes makes me think it's looking at them, so I avoid looking at the pulsing light.
>>
Rolled 18 (1d30)

>>1347242
>>attempt to shoot the raging Yensa
>>
Rolled 20 (1d30)

>>1347241
Hah. Thanks, mate.
>>1347242
>>1347274
>>1347278
>>1347275
2nding panic last stand.
>>
>>1347285
>>1347280
>>1347274
"Affirmative, please standby..."
With only twelve shots, you wanted to make every single shot count.

First shot was a total miss as well as the second one. The third one blasted the head of the Yensa in front of you.

You could hear an awful buzzing sound outside, it was the heating lamps. Their temperatures were rising to a ridiculous limit. From the window, You could see their skin bubbling up and peeling down from such an immense heat but they didn't seem to mind, they continued to gnaw through the pod's charred metal.

You popped off every head coming from that hole until you ran out of shots. The heat lamp eventually exploded from all the power wired through it.

The last of the Yensa crawled its way to one of the gaping whole but it eventually died from the scorching hell outside.

You are safe.
We will call it for today. have a good night!
>>
>>1347325
Good night.
>>
>>1347325
>You are safe.
>We will call it for today. have a good night!
>>1347152
Thanks for the session, QM. Looks like it wasn't to focus on killing off one of the characters but to make it a tense last stand.
>>
>>1347334
Mm, I don't know. I've been GMing a super long time IRL, and that last bit was forced.

Usually players decisions are the ones that make the difference.

If the GM starts forcing the players it's usually not to build tension.

And if you did OP, then I have a criticism. This particular part of the session wasn't handled in the best way.

You should always reward your players hard thinking/effort rather than make it all for nothing by forcing options.

You can always achieve the same outcome and effect while letting your players have a choice.

It was turned around into a good tension relief ending where we survived. So, yah, that's satisfying.

How do I word it. You can chose the 'what' but let the player choose the 'how'.

So what was going to happen, you can force, but 'how' it happens, you can't force, or your players will feel it.

I hope I'm not being overly critical here. It's late here and I'm pretty tired, so maybe I'm just saying all this for no reason and I'll regret it tomorrow. XD
>>
>>1347325
But still, like >>1347334 said, thanks for the session! Glad you're back and hopefully feeling well and well rested. :)
>>
Ok I re-read some of the session and the ending there just to be sure. I stand by my criticism.

If players have multiple good moves/decisions/ideas and they have no effect multiple times in a row, or you actually reject their decisions like here: >>1346837, that's forcing the players.

Even if the player fails, you should let them fail with their own decision rather than forcing their decisions.

You have to be willing to sacrifice your own ideas a little bit to make your players feel like they matter/can make a difference.

So for example, you could have went along with some of what we suggested towards the end there, and still had the same outcome, and still accomplished what you wanted to happen. Just incorporate your players ideas into how it happens.

That's the 'what' vs. the 'how' thing I meant.

That way we wouldn't feel ourselves being forced, and you give the players the sense that they're decisions matter etc. That's always super important in any game, even if you're secretly planning something to build tension or etc.

Be willing to let yourself be surprised by how things happen. It's more fun as the GM, too, to be honest.

Be a touch more loose, and give up a little bit of control.

Anyway, sorry for giving my unsolicited opinion. I just felt it tonight.
>>
>>1347495
>Even if the player fails, you should let them fail with their own decision rather than forcing their decisions.

>Discharge the power!
>You try to hastily prepare a discharge, but it takes too long and Yensa are now gnawing at your legs
>WTF QM you didn't say it would take so long!
>>
>>1347495
>If players have multiple good moves/decisions/ideas and they have no effect multiple times in a row, or you actually reject their decisions like here: >>1346837, that's forcing the players.
>>1347747
>>You try to hastily prepare a discharge, but it takes too long and Yensa are now gnawing at your legs
I have an idea. Would the discharge idea have worked had we of had Taylor fire the gun at the Yensa to distract them while Jack discharged them, or would Taylor have gotten mind-controlled by the Sun Satan?

Was there any other options that could've prevented this from happening that we could've reasonably found beforehand and was given adequate hints for?
>>
Thanls for the game man,

Here's hoping we can fix Jack's head
>>
>>1347747
>>1347757
You guys are missing the forest for the trees by focusing on the one post about the discharge.

My critique was only meant for OP, if you're a GM you'll understand what I said.

It's not about what happened. Us getting mind controlled, us failing, or passing, our ideas working, or not working.

It's about how it was handled. Players might not always 'win' but they should always be 'rewarded' for their effort, by having what they choose/vote on matter.

As the GM you can turn any idea towards what you want, if you wanted to force an outcome or a moment of tension. But it's important you use your players choices/input to get there, rather than forcing their /choices/. See, it's about having a say, not about the outcome.

You can even force a choice once in a while I just felt it was excessive in this last particular session, like it wouldn't have mattered what we did. It breaks the suspended disbelief.

Which is why I said it looks like the end of the game. Because the only time I can recall forcing a game like that is when I want it to end really quick and I'm tired of it.
>>
>>1347757
>I have an idea. Would the discharge idea have worked had we of had Taylor fire the gun at the Yensa to distract them while Jack discharged them, or would Taylor have gotten mind-controlled by the Sun Satan?
>Was there any other options that could've prevented this from happening that we could've reasonably found beforehand and was given adequate hints for?

So yah, this is why I said my post was meant for OP, and a GM would get what I meant.

Your post is a perfect example of thinking like a player. 'Was there any other options.. given hints for?' This is assuming way more planning than any GM could ever actually do.

The truth is, you can NEVER predict everything your players are going to do, and so, you can never actually plan for every possible option or solution to a problem in a game.

Because I know this, as a GM, I can see the 'forcing'. Because I know as a GM it's up to you whether or not to incorporate the things your players say or come up with instead of taking control and making it so they can't do anything but what you choose.

There are of course exceptions, like a puzzle in a dungeon or a riddle, where there really is only one answer. Those are the kind of games where you'd be wondering 'what hint am I missing, what's the missing piece of this puzzle.' and you'd be right to ask that.

But you'd also feel it/know that was the case, if the GM did their job, and often there is a mechanic to help you along in those kinds of games. Things like 'detect blah' or etc.

So for example if this end session was actually a puzzle, we'd have been given obvious 'hint' rewards for all our actions. Checking the distress signal, trying to study the radiation, etc. etc. The GM would have found some way to reward us with a hint on how to solve this puzzle.

But it wasn't a puzzle, it was a force. Which is fine! But yah, I already said it all already. Force the outcome sure, but try not to force choices, and if you do, don't do it excessively.
>>
Anyway, now it seems like I've written a mountain of negativity when I only actually said one small criticism because once I start explaining something I can't stop myself.

I'm sorry LX and everyone else too, I didn't mean to go on and write that much about it.

The game has been very good so far. Well written, lots of fun, good solid mood, excellent job, and thank you LXC. I don't want you to think I think negatively or badly because I wrote about that thing for so long.

Even the end session that I just talked about so much, was well written, had the cool scary voice, was a nice twist, an interesting new event, moved the story forward nicely by having our distress call picked up, etc. So yah, please don't think I think negatively about the game or anything I just type really fast and can't stop myself once I start talking about a single subject.

That's my fault.
>>
Also, I won't do it again.

It was wrong of me to say all that without being asked for an opinion. Which I wasn't.

So again, sorry everyone.
>>
Is new thread coming?
Thread posts: 416
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.