[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Day Apocalypse Quest -Cyber Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

File: 1485509081949.jpg (88KB, 650x842px) Image search: [Google]
1485509081949.jpg
88KB, 650x842px
You wake up to the sound of shrill beeping as your alarm clock screams for the fourth time this morning. You turn over from the couch, and the paper plate containing your leftover tendies and cheeto dust fly from your stomach onto the floor.

"Not again."

You ponder about your past and what got you here: (Prior Occupation)
>College Dropout
>Basement NEET
>Union Worker on Strike
>STEM holder with no job

You rise from the couch and turn off the alarm. Things have been quiet lately, even in the news cycle. You go to your computer, stepping over the now-wasted tendies to browse on /pol/ and violently shitpost to begin your day with a laugh. The desktop does not turn on. Odd, the power must be out.

You check, and see that the power plug is unhinged, and realize your mistake.

Maybe I should look for another job in case shit does hit the fan some day... (Future Occupation)
>NEET
>Package Loader
>Gas Station Attendant
>Car Wash
>Grocery

You feel a sense of urgency. Perhaps those tendies are still worth something. You dust off the hairs upon them and begin your day.
>>
File: Laughing Man.png (177KB, 1138x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Man.png
177KB, 1138x1024px
Housekeeping:
All list choices are assumed to have the "other" option listed under them, for future reference.
In absence of a majority vote after a resonable period of time, I will either call for a tiebreaker, or pick the most entertaining/insightful option.
Thread music: (Cyberpunk and post-apocalyptic recommendations are also welcome)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlbRWWUNXxo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP6pT0aYsdE

Other Options:
Resources:
MC owns 2 of these resources:
>An incredibly shitty pinto
>A 10 speed bike
>A Hatchet
>A Swiss Army Knife
>USB with Hacking software
>A USB with a miniature library (Including Survival and First Aid information)
>Tactical Dildo, complete with laser sight attachment and forward grip
>$210 in cold, hard pennies
>Drugs, lots of drugs

Our protagonist also has only one surviving family member:
>Mother
>Father
>Uncle
>>
>>1319754
Prior occupation: STEM holder
Future occupation: Gas Station Attendant

Other Options:
Resources: Dildo and bike
Family member: Uncle
>>
>>1319830
Shitty pinto and usb of hacking
>>
prior occupation:
>STEM
future occupation:
>gas station attendant

resources:
>library USB
>hatchet

family:
>uncle
>>
>>1319754
>>STEM holder with no job

>Gas Station Attendant

>An incredibly shitty pinto

>A USB with a miniature library

>Uncle
>>
>>1319754
>STEM holder
>Gas Station Attendant
>A shitty pinto
>$210 in pennies
>Uncle
>>
File: cyberpunk is not dead.jpg (411KB, 1280x1256px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk is not dead.jpg
411KB, 1280x1256px
Background Music: (Let me know if you want me to keep the music coming)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s26imU3QJtk

You look through the mirror, into your eyes and think about all of that wasted money you poured into college. A major in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in CIT. Now you're going to get a part-time sweeping cigarette butts off of a gas station parking lot. Still, things could be worse.

"At least I have my car, and my licence." You think to yourself. You grab your Keychain, with your Pepper Spray and trusty library attached onto it containing:
>Your Resume
>A Survival Guide
>A First Aid Guide
>Multiple Engineering Guides
>The Entirety of Google Maps information on the US, up to date as of 2016

You also grab your wallet:
>$25 in cash
>Debit Card ($300)
>Credit Card (Just got this day before yesterday... Fuck it, I'm in massive debt anyways.)
>Crippling Denbts ($25,000)

As well as your Nokia Phone. You go online briefly to search for job openings and see that the 9/11 down the street is hiring for all positions. "Fuck it, might as well go full time." You think. That sweet sweet $10.50 an hour might get you an even bigger chunk of change if you walk back and forth to work. Besides, you'd do your uncle proud by getting out of this damn basement for once. Speaking of which, where is the old man?

"Hey Steve?" You call out. "Yes?" He calls back. "I'm heading out for a bit, stay safe," you reply. "Oh? I'll talk to you later then." You latch the door behind you. It's been a good 2 weeks since you've left the house and the breeze feels great.

+Job Earned+
+9/11 is now accessible as a Hideout+ (You have keys to an interior closet)
+Discount on Gas+
+$1,580 added to your bank account+
+2 Months Pass+ (No more time skips will be done without prior warning)
+Full tank of Gas in Pinto+ (13 gallons, 20 miles per gallon)
+Town is now accessible to drive through+
+New Friend at work+ (Tim- He's a handyman, and damn good at holding a conversation)

You wake up to the sound of an shrill beeping. You turn the alarm off and rise out of bed, and in a much better mental state than you were just weeks ago knowing that you're doing at least something for yourself. It is now Saturday, April 1st of 2017; April Fools always had bad implications for you. Today is the fifth anniversary of your parents death, and something bad happens every year to the day.
/Part 1/
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
As you begin to search through the news on the web, it hits you: shit out here isn't sustainable. Sooner or later something drastic and dark can and will happen to the area around you- it's just history. With the resolve to prepare to do something about tragedy before tragedy does something to you a few noticable options appear foremost in your mind:
Survival Options for next Day: (May only choose 3)
>Buy supplies
>Remind your Uncle that we live in the bad part of town (Convince him to move)
>Tell your Uncle you like living here with him (Bonus to relation with Uncle/ Home Supplies here)
>Improve Pinto/Buy a new vehicle
>Meet like-minded people outside of work

In addition, you may also buy snacks and stockpile gasoline from the 9/11 at no extra time cost, and for a 50% discount. As they say: "Our prices are going into a tailspin!"

The screen flickers in front of your face. This shaky status quo cannot last forever.

Conclusion Track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8chrpG6stw
>>
File: A Copy of A Copy.jpg (23KB, 706x720px) Image search: [Google]
A Copy of A Copy.jpg
23KB, 706x720px
Info Post:
Uncle Steve:
>40 Years Old
>Single, Prior Military (Navy)
>Has Shotgun (Mossberg 500), and Pistol (Hi Point)
>Lives in 2 Bed, 2 Bath loft while you're in the basement. Living room and Kitchen on first floor.
>Personable to family, rough to outsiders

Tim:
>New acquaintance at work
>Makes home movies
>Has construction and artistic skills
>Builds things in his spare time

Us/Inventory:
>21 Years Old
>Can build cool shit
>Bank Acct: $1,880
>Denbts: $25,000 (2 months from Debt Collectors)
>Shitty Pinto (Paid off, no Insurance)
>Keychain with USB and Pepper Spray
>Basement with Computer, Bed, Tendies (3 days worth of food, 1 day water), and Clothes

Nearby Locations for Shopping, Raiding, and Fortifying:
>Home- West End Louisville, near Manufacturing
>Louisville Areas: Highlands (Nice, hipster area), East End Residential, East End Distribution and Working area

West End:
>9/11 Gas Station (Haven't been robbed yet. Yet.)
>UPS Distribution Center (Every Amazon box goes through here...)
>Car Wash (I bet they keep chemicals and tools here...)
>Kroger Grocery Store (More ramen. Again.)
>Home Depot (Trying to buy Tap and Die and some WD40?)
>Library (You know no one would go here during an emergency. Excellent.)
>Wal-Mart (Chinese Toys, Guns, and America)
>Local Pawn Shop (I could order almost anything here. Even a tactical dildo.)
>Family Doctor Center and PharmaCo Buildings (Might want to "catch the flu" sometime soon, or get something OTC just in case.)
>Vet Clinic (Poor man's Pharmacy.)
>Storage Lots
>>
>>1323077
>Get a better job befitting of our skills and try to do better at applications this time
>Get some support for doing better at job applications
>Look for some ways to extend the debt-collection deadline or reduce debt rates
So we have a year from now until the apocalypse hits?
>>
File: 1485597625474.jpg (20KB, 275x283px) Image search: [Google]
1485597625474.jpg
20KB, 275x283px
>>1323442
It could hit any time. To be honest with you, I've already started rolling dice and I'm not quite sure when it will hit, but if there's enough interest it can be later rather than sooner if character prep becomes interesting. I have a list of apocalyptic events that CAN occur, on a list from 1 to 20 when it does hit. I roll that 1d20 and the one it lands on happens. All I will say is that it is very possible for the protagonist to be killed or survive in any of these events, and major obstacles can be overcome from any of them early on if precautions are taken, however: being genre savvy here is impossible. You absolutely must be prepared for anything.

What I intent to simulate is true chaos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e7Yip1S2t8
>>
File: Get In The Fucking Robot Son.png (170KB, 900x764px) Image search: [Google]
Get In The Fucking Robot Son.png
170KB, 900x764px
>>1323442
>>1323490
I'll be back in an hour with results. I have nothing to do today, so I'll probably be pretty active. I understand that /qst/ is slow, but I like to add good content when I can. If you have any more questions, let me know.
>>
>>1323498
Is it possible to avert whatever disaster is going to occur, or discover what the disaster is going to be in advance?
>>
File: CHEESE G A P.gif (216KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
CHEESE G A P.gif
216KB, 180x180px
>>1323513
By the time a disaster disturbs the fragile balance of the social ecosystem it is too late, and things begin to shut down and quickly. America is always 3 meals away from anarchy, and a ton of things can take those 3 meals away. While I suppose it's possible to try and become Elon Musk, in the short run it is highly impractical.
>>
File: 1489814771666.jpg (10KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1489814771666.jpg
10KB, 205x246px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qyZQDuUJyk

After a week of improving your resume and receiving help from free classes at the local library, you manage to land a job working at home as a Security Analyst for an antivirus company making $15.00 an hour. The hours are flexible, and you can pretty much choose how much you want to work by this point, or focus on the other parts of your life.

+$566 added to bank account+
+Total of $2,246 in Bank+

You attempt to reason with the college administrators, but they refuse, citing that you signed a contract to sell your soul to Fanny Mae, and that you also agreed to the entirety of the Mein Kampf within the School's policy. Unfortunately, you'll have to start making payments of $600 a month month after next. Hopefully things will go to shit by that point, one half of you hopes. The other half wishes you had more time to prepare. America... Wait a minute.

You do manage to lower the debt rate after some more negotiation. In fact, it comes out to a much more bearable $250 per month, but you're pretty much just paying the interest at this point. Still, much better than having the hounds on you at any given time- and a shit ton more money to work with.

You flip on the television channel to the sounds of screaming, and there's blood covering the street. Looks like they're really starting to ramp up the terrorist attacks in- holy fuck. The bloodied news reporter took you aback, but it was nothing. It was nothing compared to seeing the Statue of Liberty ripped apart and cast in flames.

>Go out of the door, stunned with the rest of the populace for some semblance of human connection
>Search for more news on the internet
>Prepare for immediate happening with online or real shopping
>Talk this out with your Uncle
>>
>>1323625
>Search for more news on the internet
>Talk this out with your Uncle
>Talk this out with Tim, group call.
Why not get everyone in on it? We can multitask in the middle of a disaster and make it into one of those exposition scenes from those movies.
>>
>>1323625
Screw everything
This calls for a happening thread on /pol/

Otherwise it's time to bug the fuck out
>>
>>1332465
Clearly this is any sane person's 2nd step after doing apocalyptic movie exposition.

>>1323625
So we only had the one week to prep before SHTF?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.