[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: ms.jpg (3MB, 9000x6000px) Image search: [Google]
ms.jpg
3MB, 9000x6000px
This will be a typical guide your civilization through the ages thread, but first lets create a map for the world.

Things to decide:
>Map colors (you can link a paper texture if you have one you'd prefer me to use)
>Continent number and shapes
>Forest, mountain, biome locations
>Unique features

Every idea seconded gets incorporated
>>
>use default
>7 continents in 3 separated groups
>normal earth biomes
>glaciar ages, massive earthquakes and stuff
>>
>>131092
The sun is the source of all consciousness. During eclipses, many people faint.
>>
>>131158
Very interesting idea with a lot of possible implication. Perhaps a group have the ability to stay aware during the night. This would limit travel as people wouldnt want to be left helpless on the road over night
>>
>>131193
>>131158
Do this OP
>>
File: PEG13.png (3MB, 1200x918px) Image search: [Google]
PEG13.png
3MB, 1200x918px
>>131092
I can also make the map in this risk style if you perfer
>>
>>131207
Sure thing. Lets work on the appearance first so I can be drawing the map while you guys hash out lore.
>>
>>131236
>the ones that can be out in the night are called ____________ and they are considered ___________ among normal people
>>
>>131236
The world is literally a map. The map IS the territory both physically and metaphysically.
>>
>>131488
unique idea. There are a lot of reasons this could be the case. Perhaps a godlike figure created the map somehow, a past apocalyptic event good be the rolling, where the lands rose up and crushed together.
Another interesting aspect would be how deep would the world be? Could you dig through the bottom of the mapworld?
>>
>>131210
I say roll with the risk idea for easy manipulation, and >>131158.

The map being the world is just a little stupid and over-the-top to me.
>>
>>131670
If you dig through the map gravity would just shift and now you're upside-down. Well for you at least. The people living under the map world will think you're a lunatic and your place is the one upside down.
>>
>>131692
Ok, does anyone second the map shape idea here or have additional thought?
>>131120
>>
>>131708
So if there are people living on both sides of the map, then is the map floating in space? I like the idea of it sitting on a huge table in some dude's house.
>>
>>131715
I think the map world isn't that good, but keep the eclipse thing
>>
How about a "nebulous" world? It is an cloudlike collection of various arcane energies vibrating in and out of solidity?
>>
>>131715
The massive Earthquake thing is a bit too much.
Just an Ice Age like climate would suffice for me.
>>
>>131724
We need a seconded idea on these
>Map colors (you can link a paper texture if you have one you'd prefer me to use)
>Continent number and shapes
>Forest, mountain, biome locations
>Unique features
>>
File: tegaki.png (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
17KB, 400x400px
>>131721
The map suspended by and attached to a table frame.
>>
>>131733
hard to draw a map
>>
FINALLY A CIV THREAD
all the others I participate in are dead. I want in.
>>
>>131770
http://thumb7.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/991943/351268481/stock-photo-seamless-abstract-grunge-monochrome-fractal-illustration-background-351268481.jpg
>>
>>131260
>Nokta
From the Esperanto word for "nocturnal".

>not at all
Because everyone is asleep and they don't even know the Nokta exist.
>>
File: MAP_spawn_3064_zpsd0424779.png (2MB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
MAP_spawn_3064_zpsd0424779.png
2MB, 1024x1024px
Here op use this map. It's got plenty of biomes.
>>
>>131882
Then participate. :P
>>
>>132200
Yeah I've been waiting hahaha
>>
What about a forested northern continent and a lot of islands to its south?

North to south:
???
Icesheet
Taiga
Coniferous forest
Broadleaf forest
Temperate ocean with many islands
???
>>
>>133927
Stepe or mediterranium
>>
Tundra
Rainforest
Savanna
Taiga
Temperate forest
Temperate grassland
Alpine
Chaparral
Desert
Jungle
Estuary
Coral Reef
Coniferous forest
Broadleaf forest
Beaches
Marsh
Swamp
Mire
Deep Sea
Steppe
Plateau
Mountains
Mushroom Lands
Caverns
>>
A sizable lake, located in a valley, that goes down to great depths. There is no shallow, it is just one pit of water
>>
>>134021
Also Volcanic.
>>
>>134021
>>134055
Seconding. Maybe even more biomes
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.