[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D.R.A.G.E - Sector 1 Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

The sector 1 cops could see the silhouette of her athletic build against the night sky as she hopped from one building to the next.

“Hey, give it back!”

“Not a chance,” she said.

Ah, sector 1 cops are my favorite; no authority to shoot and they're basically stooges. No, the real authorities that I have to worry about are the Guilds.

After putting some distance between herself and the puppet cops Kinsau looked down at the orb that she was holding in her left hand. Its light reflected back into her eyes.

I wonder what it does?

She would have been horrified if she knew--but we’ll get to that all in good time.

Rounding the corner of an alleyway now, she is confronted by a massive shadow blocking the way forward.

Wow, this is a big one.

As it moves into the light though this cyborg of the man is most definitely not a cop.

Kinsau’s smile drops. “Crap. Fighter’s Guild.”

“You got it, toots,” the man says as he lifts a heavy machine gun and points it at her legs.

>Fight
>Run
>Talk
>Clever

Some explanation of the options is in order here: Fight and Run are obvious but “Talk” isn’t, and “Clever” isn’t. Talk suits the situation, for example talk can mean getting information out of someone. In this case talk probably means, ‘talk her way out of it’ which you might have guessed. But you’ll never know exactly what it means until you choose it.

Clever means ‘be clever’ by some means other than just talking. It means ‘solve the puzzle’. If there is something clever she can do in this moment to escape the situation that option is your choice, but be careful, because that doesn’t mean you’ll be successful, though the same is true of any option.

Write ins: You can write a ‘write in’ at any time and if I think it’s a good idea or direction I might choose to pick it up.
>>
>>1310575
>Clever
>Hold the orb threateningly towards him
"Back off or I'll use it"
>>
>>1310575
>Clever
>>
>>1310600
>>1310644

Kinsau flicks a strand of hair aside and thrusts the orb forward saying “Back off or I'll use it!!”

The hulking mass hesitates in the dark for only a moment.

“Let me introduce an unwelcome truth, “ the Cyborg says and smirks. “I know who you are and I don't think you know how to use that orb, now do you?”

He flicks a shining strand of metal on top of his gigantic weapon. It clicks and the wheel of the gun starts to spin.

Kinsau tosses all of her weight back and leaps through the air as a bullet bites her in the calf.

Hot pain screams up her leg as she crashes into a pile of trash bags.

“--Ngh!”

The jarring landing causes the orb to slip from her fingertips. It tinkles across the asphalt as it rolls down the middle of the alleyway.

The cyborg’s orange ringed eyes stop focusing on Kinsau and follow the orb. His gun spins down and the firing stops.

>Tch--I have to get out of here and heal up.
>That’s it you bastard. (Fight)
>Talk
>Clever
>Write in

(How was this outcome determined: GM rolled 2d6+applicable stats)

Question:

Would you guys enjoy the game more if I wrote in the second person? I noticed I'm the only one here using the third person.
>>
>>1310743
>>That’s it you bastard. (Fight)
>>
>>1310765

Kinsau grits her teeth and stands up on shaky legs. She plays through the pain and launches herself forward springing off of one hand and her good leg.

The cyborg is crouched down over the orb, his fingers enclosing it as Kinsau’s knee connects with his face. His jaw swings back and forth from the force of it.

He howls with rage. The vein in his temple looks like it's about to pop.

There is a loud clang as the heavy gun hits the ground. At the same time, the cyborg grabs Kinsau by the arm and pulls her down out of the air.

Just then, one of the cops rounds the corner of the alleyway followed by his partner.

“There it is!!” He points at the orb.

>Keep fighting
>Look around (Clever)
>Talk
>Write in
>>
No one interested int his thread/story? If so I'll just abandon it.

It's getting an odd amount of silence for an action sequence.

I started it 8 hours ago and there are only three replies that are not me.
>>
>>1311434
>Keep fighting
We ain't got time to look around.

>>1312282
Yeah, I'm not sure why this has nothing. It seems fairly decent so far.
>>
>>1312282
Keep going, the first thread is always slow
>>
>>1311434
>Keep fighting
>>
>>1311434

>Look around (Clever)
His trying to rape me help!!!??
>>
>>1313316
>>1313946
>>1314155

The cops make a dash for it.

The cyborg man exchanges a look with Kinsau now pinned under the weight of his arm. His eyes move up part way towards the orb but this time he doesn’t take them completely off her.

“You don’t know what you’ve done,” he says.

“Yah?” Kinsau says.

“...Yah.”

The muscles in his arm swell as he lifts Kinsau up by the jacket. He drags her along the road running towards the orb.

Pain strikes like bolts of lightning each time her wounded leg bounces off the hard pavement.

Kinsau bites her lip and grips his wrist with both hands. She pulls her knees up around his forearm and squeezes them to anchor herself in place. She takes aim and throws an uppercut to his jaw.

Crack! The cyborg’s head jerks up as a piece of tooth goes flying.

She swings again, this time knocking his head to the right. She keeps hitting his face left and right. He stumbles back.

The first arriving cop snatches the orb up off the ground. He holds it up, “I’ve got it!”

>Let’s finish off the Cyborg first. (Fight)
>There has to be another way. (Clever)
>Talk
>Forget this, I’ve got to get to those cops…
>Write in
>>
>>1314371
>>Let’s finish off the Cyborg first. (Fight)
>>
>>1314371
>Write in
>Dash for the cop with the orb, try and grab it and escape.
>>
>>1314371
>>Let’s finish off the Cyborg first. (Fight)
>>
>>1314371

>There has to be another way. (Clever)
Try to thow the cywborge intot he cop
>>
Here are your stats so far:

Clever voted in 1 time.
Fight 3 times - as of right now.
Talk 0.
Run 0.
Write in’s accepted 1.

Fight gains a +1 to succeed.

You already have Steal +1. (Started the game with that.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinsau lands a punch square on the cyborg’s nose and it caves in with a crunch. Apparently his face is still mostly bone.

She unlocks her knees and drops to a crouch. The giant man stumbles back clutching his face, blood and purple liquid streaming from the nasal cavity. His eyes look sincerely frightened.

A little too hard.

The crackling snap of a hoverbike causes Kinsau to whip her head around to see that a third cop has just arrived. Tch--, time is short.

She looks back at the cyborg. He’s on his knees now, arms locked, hands pushed flat against the pave, fighting to stay conscious. She looks again at the cops. The one with the hoverbike is pocketing the orb.

The other two are standing to either side of him, one speaking to his Comm and the other looking right at her.

>Kinsau is filled with rage, “I’ve got to WIN this!” (Fight everyone until it’s over.)
>I’ve got just enough time to get to that orb, but if I do, I’ll definitely take a hit from one of those cops.
>Kinsau snaps her fingers, “I’ve got to think of something.” (Clever)
>Kinsau’s leg is pulsating with pain. “Forget this whole mess, I’ve got to get out of here, now!” (Run)
> Write in
>>
>Talk is still an option I just forgot to put it in.
>>
>>1315715

>I’ve got just enough time to get to that orb, but if I do, I’ll definitely take a hit from one of those cops.
>>
>>1315715
>>“I’ve got to think of something.” (Clever)
>>
This is the game so far. In case anyone wanted to catch up.

All game text has been taken out and since it is all action this is very easy reading.

https://pastebin.com/DHPn3BWq

I still need a tie-breaker or more votes on the last decision.
>>
>>1315715
>>Kinsau snaps her fingers, “I’ve got to think of something.” (Clever)
>>
Kinsau looks at the machine gun lying on the ground. Too heavy. Maybe, if I could prop it up but I still don't think I have the time. I'll keep that idea as a last resort.

She taps her lip with a slender finger. A smile slowly rises.

Kinsau puts up her hands. "Officers! Wait!”

All three police look at her.

Good, I've got their attention.

“I've been shot. I willingly submit myself to arrest. I need medical attention, please!"

She lifts her pant leg to reveal the gaping red wound in her calf. It is streaming blood down her ankle and into her boot. Her leg suddenly buckles for effect and the worst part is she didn’t even have to fake it.

The two cops on foot start talking to each other. One is gesturing with his hands while the other nods and rubs his chin. The man on the hoverbike speaks once but keeps his eyes locked in her direction.

"Alright,” says the cop on the left.

Kinsau breathes out.

"Stay right there."

Kinsau purses her lips.

He pulls out a metal cylinder. It's a pair of field-cuffs.

"Turn around and put your hands behind your back."

She turns around. She is now facing the cyborg who is lying flat with one arm propped under his forehead. His breathing is heavy but he has managed to stay conscious. She puts her hands behind her back.

The sound of small rocks skipping across the ground grows nearer until the officer is close enough she can feel him blocking the wind. Kinsau fights the urge to throw him across the pavement. Not yet.

He presses the cold rod of the field cuffs against her wrists. “I’m sorry. Well, not really, but you know… you’re dangerous.”

Kinsau takes a deep breath, closes her eyes, and shifts all of her weight over to the injured leg.

She lets out a sharp cry. Her face contorts with pain as her body falls.

The cop instinctively throws his arms out and catches her. Kinsau pulls his hands forward and slides her finger over the metallic cylinder activating the field cuffs.

A look of horror crosses his face. His wrists are locked.

“That’s right. I’m dangerous.”

She ducks beneath his arms and swings him around into a choke hold. She yells to the cop on the hoverbike, “Toss me that orb or I’ll break his neck.”

This is not one of my finer moments.

The two cops on the other side look to one another, faces red. The one on the bike yells, “By the guilds!”

The bike glides over the alley sending debris swirling beneath it.

“Not too close.” Kinsau tightens her grip.

The bike stops about five feet away and two feet off the ground. The man reaches into his pocket and pulls out the orb. He nods and tosses it towards her.

She catches it in her left hand and receives an elbow to the gut. With her arm now loose the cop in the choke hold is able to turn around. He spins and leans in with a kick, driving his foot into the injured leg.

(Continued)
>>
Kinsau falls back and pulls herself into a roll. She stops several feet away, rightside up and nearly kissing the ground. The pain is unbearable and it is taking all of her willpower not to pass out. To her amazement she can still feel the orb clutched in her left hand.

Sirens can be heard sounding in the distance.

>”I’ve got it, it’s time to get out of here.” (Run)
>”I need to get to that machine gun.” (Fight)
> Write in
>>
>>1317888
>>”I’ve got it, it’s time to get out of here.” (Run)
>>
The cop with the cuffed hands takes two paces towards her, “Come on, let’s get her!” The far officer is now running to the scene. The man on the bike revs up the engine and glides in.

It’s time to get out of here but I can't outrun anybody like this.

She fixes her gaze on the bike cop about to dismount. If he gets off that thing, I’m done. Just one more effort, come on, you can do it.

The biker twists in his seat to get off. Kinsau raises her legs over her head doing a handstand. The cuffed officer pauses for a moment in confusion.

She bends her elbows then propels off both hands sending her body flying feet first. Her two heels strike true hitting the bike cop in the back. He flips over the side of the bike. She reaches out and grabs a handle to prevent herself from doing the same. The bike abruptly rises before it adjusts to the lesser weight.

The third cop is just arriving when Kinsau orients herself in the seat and shifts the throttle.

Hair whips against her face as the air around her becomes cold. She looks behind her to see the scene quickly speeding away. The last thing she views before rounding the corner is the cyborg being hoisted up by the two cops whose hands are free.

The ambulance will be here soon big guy.

(Continued)
>>
Kinsau rode the bike all the way to the northern edge of Sector one stopping only once to use a med terminal to have her leg patched up. Once there, she got off the bike and started to walk.

There was a clean divide, everything on one side of the street bustled with energy and light while on the other half people shuffled through the darkness in silence. She crossed the divide into the north half of Sector 1 and everything went dead just like before. Her Comm, implants, and all of the electronics on her person. It always made her feel a little sick.

Hover vehicles littered the ground lying every which way, upside-down, sideways, or however they had landed at the time they fell out of the sky. One was lodged into the side of a building.

Kinsau walked three blocks joining the silent and shuffling through the darkness until she could see the fire of Johnny Keys. When the alien spotted her she opened the flap of her jacket ever so slightly so that he could see the orb. Johnny smiled out of the mouth in the side of his neck.

Kinsau approached him and looking left and right to make sure no one was watching passed him the orb.

“I bet you want to see what this thing can do.” He brushed back his green mohawk with his upper right arm, he had two on each side. “Follow me.”

Kinsau trailed behind Johnny until they reached an abandoned building. Johnny pulled out a small box with his lower right hand and struck a match. Kinsau’s eyes followed the light through the pitch black building until they entered a bare concrete room with nothing in it at all but a bland curtain at the back of the room. Johnny shook the match out.

“I think it’s safe now,” he said as he pulled the glowing orb from one of his many pockets.

Johnny walked to the side of the room and placed the orb in a small enclave recessed in the wall. The orb started to spin and the light of its glow grew brighter and brighter until it lit up the entire room.

“Impressed?” Johnny said.

Kinsau was horrified - I told you she would be.

“I went through all that to steal a LIGHT BULB!?”

She grabbed Johnny by the collar and pulled until they were nose-to-nose. She slapped him across the face on the side opposite his second mouth.

Johnny’s brows furrowed in irritation. “Not just any light bulb - - by the way you reek like garbage.” He then crossed the floor to the back of the room and whipped open the curtain.

The city was now all lit up with bright lights, things were moving again and humming with power.

If that thing is a power source then what stopped working when I took it. The thought made her feel cold.

“You did a good thing.” He smiled out the front this time. “And just like I promised, I’ve pulled some strings and can grant you a membership into one of the guilds, uhhh…
which one was it again?”

>Fighter
>Mage
>Intelligentsia
>Actually, I wanted to rank up as a Thief
>>
>>1319546
Once a scumbag, always a scumbag.
>>
>>1319546
>>Actually, I wanted to rank up as a Thief
>>
>>1319546
>>Fighter
>>
>>1319546

>Fighter
>>
Hi everyone, we need a tie breaker or more votes.

(More than 2 votes for something else, or a third vote on what's already been voted on.)

The current options are:

>Fighter
>Mage
>Intelligentsia

Thank you for your time.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

^
I'm going to roll for it to get things moving. Hope no one minds: 1. Heads = Thief 2. Tails = Fighter
>>
Okay. So when/if I continue this you guys have ranked up as a thief.

I'm thinking I should probably close the thread here. This thread has been incredibly slow from the start and has almost no interest.

It's in a groove where I'm going for a full day before there are enough votes to keep going. It makes it hard to write with so much time in between and probably equally hard to play.
I end up having to reread everything up to that point.

I have about one or two kind players who have stuck with me from the start. And thanks guys, thanks for everyone who played, it's appreciated.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

Is there something about the first post or two that made this game unappealing?

I am a very experienced GM in real life, but I'm new to QST I'm not familiar with what works here.

I thought the opening post was good. It had a mystery, had some action, I am actually a little surprised it didn't catch on.

Thanks in advance,

GM.
>>
>>1323865
It's fine GM, quests here are a hit and miss. If you want a quest with lots of certain players do it in more popular settings like ASOIAF etc.
>>
>>1323939
Okay, cool. Thanks for the advice.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.