[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm up.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 296
Thread images: 47

File: Cover Page.png (561KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
Cover Page.png
561KB, 1000x562px
Hello.

I've made an interactive story made to function as a horror, kind of Silent Hill-esque adventure. Because this is thread # 1, I would like to take the introductory post to explain how things function as well as what you can expect from this story.

You play as a single person going through a personal quest. You don't know your name, you don't know the current year, and you have no idea where you are. Should you choose to progress, you may learn these things. You may even learn why you don't remember them to begin with. You'll probably discover things about yourself that you didn't even want to know. But that's really all up to you, now, isn't it?

The most influence you will have on the world around you is, perhaps, puzzle-solving. Oh, yes, there are puzzles in this /qst/. There is also rolled combat, as well as multiple choice decisions. Some of those choices will be very direct, and others may give you more leniency to do what you would like to do. I do provide images, but you should keep two things in mind. First of all, some of the pictures may just be outlines if the details haven't been explored yet, or seen. Second, I'm on a slight time crunch, as I would like to give regular replies. So the images may not be 100% in quality but they will reflect everything that is happening as the story goes along.

A few more things:

1. Expect the level of violence, gore, sexual themes, etc... In this kind of game to be what you would normally see in a Silent Hill game. As in, we're not going to have explicit sex scenes in here, but if you get spooped or offended easily this probably isn't the thread for you.

2. I do like giving my players a lot of freedom. As long as we just don't run off on a huge tangent, popular vote will be the deciding factor in doing whatever you want to do. If we get so far off track that it's ridiculous, I'll deus ex machina us back to a more appropriate point.

3. Just like the most popular vote picks the multiple choice option, the highest /roll in a combat scenario will be taken. Roll in 4chan, please.

This is actually my first original /qst/, and I'm hoping things will go smoothly but I do expect a bump or two along the way.

Now, if you'll give me just a few seconds to hit the copy and paste buttons, I welcome you into this new /qst/ interactive adventure, "I'm up."
>>
File: first.png (37KB, 605x556px) Image search: [Google]
first.png
37KB, 605x556px
You wake up, coughing, each hack and sputter sending a burst of pain to rattle the inside of your head. You shiver, but you're warm... Warm to the point where you feel as if you're going to boil over and explode. A stinging, prickling sensation travels through your feet, and if you had heard any noises other than your own moans of discomfort you would believe that someone was pushing needs through your skin. You toss, and find that your body is restricted. You try to scream, but can't emit more than a sickly wheeze. Your chest rises and falls in rapid succession, your heart stops and drops deep into the bowels of your body, and something primal and instinctual inside of you tells you that this will be the last thing you ever experience before you die.

And then, nothing. There is no pain, there are no coughs... Your body feels as if it has come out of a cold pool of water, but there is no moisture on your skin. There's not even a bead of sweat on your forehead. You wonder if you've passed on... But a foul, acidic scent hits you with enough force and knocks the assumption that you're in heaven straight out of your head. You wonder if you've ended up in hell, but there's a quiet serenity in the air around you. You can't put your finger on what it is or why you feel that way... But somehow you know that wherever you are, you are not in danger.

All you can register besides these two things is darkness... You then realize that your eyes are shut tight. It takes you a moment to open them, but you eventually do. It takes a while for the blur to subside, although you can already see there's not much light where you're being held. Held... Yes, that's right. This is an enclosed space. You can see three of what you assume are four walls, grey and calloused from whatever has worn them away. But aside from that there are no markings, no writing, and no scratches.

No scratches... You wonder why you would even think to notice that, but you are not sure.

Come to think of it... You're unsure about a lot right now. Where you are, how you got there... The date, the year, even your name. Did any of these things even exist for you to forget them? You have no idea.

It boggles you that you can't even remember something as simple as your name, but you seem to have gathered your basic wits about you. You feel that the room is not too hot, but it isn't cold, either. It's dry, not even a hint of humidity in the air. And you also feel that you are in a sitting position in what is possibly the most uncomfortable chair in existence. You move your arms, each of them hanging at your side, and you rise to your feet-- Several of your joints popping at the movement.

You now stand in this room, facing a blank, stone wall with no door.

A. Turn around to examine the other side of the room.

B. Gather your wits further to examine what you already see.
>>
>>1300237
>You now stand
Well, at least we're up.

>A. Turn around to examine the other side of the room.
>>
>>1300237
A) Look around the room for weird psycho-sexual monsters
>>
>>1300237
>Turn around to see a man with a pyramid for a head.
>>
File: youturnedaround.png (106KB, 605x556px) Image search: [Google]
youturnedaround.png
106KB, 605x556px
(You chose to look at the other side of the room.)

You turn around, and the first thing that your brain registers is that this is really a small room. It's completely made out of stone, the walls and the floors looking to be the exact same material. The only break in color is the light coming out of what appears to be a door on the far right. Some of this light is obscured by a wooden table. Too tall to be a coffee table and too short to be a dining table... It's an odd build. You notice three pieces of paper on the table, all stacked onto each other.

You think that this is quite strange. It looks like someone has left them there for you to take. But you haven't heard any noises to suggest that someone other than yourself was anywhere close to your location.

You wonder how long you've been out.

The only other thing on the wall is a mirror... And holy crap, that thing is disgusting. It looks like a thousand greasy teenagers rubbed their faces on it before trying to solve their acne problems on their own. You can see the reflection of the wall in it, although it is a bit obscured by the dirt and grime. That's not where the smell is coming from, though. You can clearly make out that the acidic stench of rot is coming from wherever the light leads to.

You feel... Uneasy.

You're looking over what you've just examined. From this distance, this is all you can make out.

A. Go to the mirror and see what state you're in.

B. Go to the desk and look over the papers.

C. Move the desk out of the way and bolt out the door. Throw caution to the wind and just go.

D. Look at something else in the room. (Please specify).
>>
>>1300378
>is coming from wherever the light leads to.
Don't you mean where the light comes from?
Light usually comes from one source (which, in this case?) and goes everywhere it can. Or is this place that fucked up even light doesn't behave normally?

Anyway,
>B. Go to the desk and look over the papers.

I don't think we're ready for the mirror and these papers may hold more useful and urgent answers.
>>
>>1300378
>Go to the mirror and see what state you're in.
>>
(While we're waiting for someone to break the vote, I'm gonna toss in a couple more pieces of information.

You will have an inventory as well as restricted spaces for items such as weapons, health restoration, etc... However, for papers, maps, photos, keys, etc... You will be able to carry an infinite amount of those. Later down the line there will be ways to carry more things.

And secondly, I wanna talk about what >>1300419
brought up. Sometimes I doof on my grammar. This is not one of those times. If something doesn't seem right or is seen in a way that it does not normally function... in this case the light... It's probably worth bringing up. It might be just an oddity for flavor text, or it might be something a bit more. However, if it's plot-important, it will stand out more in the description. You'll be able to tell when that happens, trust me.

That's all! As soon as we get a tie-breaker we can progress further.)
>>
>>1300378
>Go to the mirror and see what state you're in.
>>
File: mirror.png (205KB, 555x495px) Image search: [Google]
mirror.png
205KB, 555x495px
(You chose to go to the mirror.)

You gravitate towards the mirror, your curiosity mixing with a primal sense of urgency to see what you currently look like. Of course, you notice the funk on the mirror, the splattered goo of God only knows what, and you hesitate. But no time for that. You eventually see past the disgusting sludge caked onto the reflective glass and look at your form.

You don't expect to see this of all things.

You're tall. You're very tall. Based on how far up the mirror is from the floor, you approximate that you're probably a little bit taller than six feet. You've got long, messy jet black hair, and you're built like a female Adonis. Every curve that defines your body is met with toned, tough muscle. You begin to look over your body's details, stretching your legs and arms, even flexing a bit and posing in awkward positions to see how everything reacts. You feel strange, and you feel like this is an appearance that would take a lot of time to obtain, and one that you wouldn't forget. Just what happened to you that would make you forget what was probably one of the main focuses in your life? But you do feel a bit stronger mentally now that you see your physical image. You feel... Capable.

You rest a hand on your chin, running your fingers to your strong jawline. You're not very feminine. Your nose is long and prominent, not unlike your brow. Your thick, black eyebrows are furrowed, probably from the stress of being in an unfamiliar place. You have no scars on your face, although you do see some lines forming by the corners of your eyes. Then you look directly into your eyes. You lock yourself with your own gaze, your eyes a piercing, ice-cold shade of blue. They add a whole new level of intensity to your stern features.

Although your clothes do contrast with this rough, tough image of yourself. A set of blue and black undergarments... Or maybe they're sport wear... Is the only thing covering your body. Your feet are bare, no socks, no shoes, nothing. Your shorts are wrinkled, as if you've been in them for a long time.

The urge to check yourself for injuries arises. Your hands seem to move on their own, pinching and prodding against your head, your back, and even the more private parts of your body. You are completely unharmed.

Looking back to the mirror, you feel as if you've discovered something about yourself just by getting this image of what you look like. You feel as if you are...

A. Disciplined.

B. Vain.

C. Intimidating.
>>
>>1300872
>A. Disciplined.
>>
>>1300891
>Krag'mar the Iron Hands

Rigobera Menchu has the sustainability to endure the challenges against George Campbell, because Menchu’s speech for the Novel Peace award holds so many values to the community. Succeeding in her use of compelling language, Menchu’s rhetoric is to keep the remembrance of the Guatemalan civil war as well as Human Rights around the world. Menchu acknowledges “I would describe the meaning of this Nobel Peace prize, in the first place as a tribute to the Indian people who have been scarified and have disappeared because they aimed at a more dignified and just life…’
It is hard to believe that a battle between Campbell and Menchu would occur, because Campbell would deduce his lack of experience with human rights, as well as not being from a background of in Campbell would compare the reasoning’s for fighting for the indigenous individual, and would consider if he has experience and passion within the realm of human rights.
>>
>>1300961
I am quite confused,
>>
File: statisticsscene1.png (78KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
statisticsscene1.png
78KB, 650x400px
(You think that you look disciplined.)

You're right... That body didn't get the way it is overnight. What you're looking at took hard work. You get the feeling that only a disciplined mind could produce such a thing. Knowing that makes you feel a bit more secure, like you're the kind of person who tends to make morally correct decisions, and thinks about more than just the present.

You feel a bit of clarity press into your mind. It feels good.

You've grown kind of tired of staring at yourself, though. Now that you know what you look like, you feel that you should address some of the other things in this room.

A. Examine the items on the table.

B. Examine the door and the light surrounding the frame.

(Time to introduce one more mechanic!

There are three emotional statistics, discipline, intimidation, and vanity. You currently have a +1 in discipline for your perception of yourself. Every now and then a decision or even will present itself, and how you handle it will either add or take points away from your meter. Some of these options will be blatantly obvious, where others will be less so. Ranking high or low on these scales will present you with different dialogue options, examinations in the area, and combat options. It will also work to generate a (relatively) unique ending.

That's how this meter works. Every time something happens to alter a bar, it will be shown in an image.)
>>
>>1301034
A. Examine the items on the table.
>>
File: tableitems.png (117KB, 605x556px) Image search: [Google]
tableitems.png
117KB, 605x556px
(You chose to examine the items on the table.)

You stagger around, your legs still adjusting to standing upright, and slowly make your way over to the table.

Laying before you are, indeed, the three pieces of paper you saw before. Now that you're closer you can clearly identify what they are.

The first item is an envelope of standard letter size. It is sealed. You bend the envelope slightly and see that there is something thin inside of it, but it bears no weight.

The second item is an undeveloped polaroid photo. You check the back and the front, but there is no writing and no image. It's little more than a glossy piece of paper at this point.

The third item is a letter-sized print out. At a first glance, it's set up how a 'wanted' poster would be.

...Strange. You recognize that, but you don't even know your own name.
From your previous, brief 'physical' you seem to be fine. You don't feel as if you've sustained any injury that could mess with your memory like this... But you're no doctor. Right? You feel it's best not to think about that right now.

You are looking down at the three items on the table. (For the sake of brevity I'll limit your options here, but you'll have far more freedom in the future.)

A. Inspect one of them further (please specify).

B. Take all of them with you and examine the door.

C. Leave all of them on the table and examine the door.
>>
>>1301407
(WHOOPS.

I'm running two games at once, and it looks like I doofed a bit on my title... Don't worry, though, everything else is in order.)
>>
Rolled 94266 (1d99999)

>>1300234
>>
>>1301407
>A. Inspect the envelope further
+
>B. Take all of them
>>
File: ticket.png (149KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
ticket.png
149KB, 1000x562px
(You chose to inspect the envelope further before taking all of the items.)

You take the envelope in your hands, carefully undoing the seal and reaching inside.

You pull out a single advertising slip. No... It's a ticket for something called 'Moonlight'. You've never heard of it. You're not sure what it is, but good lord it's psychedelic. The finish looks to be foil, changing hues as you turn it, alternating between blue and purple. The writing is equally as disorienting, shining with every turn. There's a tagline towards the bottom that reads, 'The most for your money, guaranteed.'

You turn the ticket over, and aside from the glitter that plagues the back of it you find another line, 'On the corner of Ryse and Cherry Street...' Neither of those names sound familiar to you.

You hang onto the ticket. You examine the envelope and nothing else is inside or on it. You toss it to the ground, then fold all of the items carefully and tuck them into the left hip of your shorts' waistband.

You're standing in front of the table, which is in front of the door.

A. Examine one of the items further

B. Move the table and examine the door.

C. Examine something else in the room. (Please specify)
>>
>>1301461
>Inspect clothing
>>
>>1301461
Do we recognize the face on the "wanted poster"?
>>
>>1301482
(You've only kind of glanced at the format enough to recognize that it is a wanted poster. You haven't looked closely at the details, neither the image nor the writing. You may examine further if you like to get more information, or keep it to the side for a later time.)
>>
>>1301475
You look over your clothing, and find that you're not wearing anything underneath these garments. They're just plain blue undergarments with black trim. They are comfortable and you do have quite a bit of freedom of movement, but you don't think you could do much in these. You don't feel well-protected.

(Any time you want to conduct a self-examination of yourself or what's on your person, that's perfectly fine. I don't consider it a major, vote-selected action because it's a collection of yourself. Normally you'd be able to do that at any time.)
>>
>>1301526
>Flap the Polaroid.

I know it does nothing but who knows.
>>
(You chose to flap the polaroid.)

You take the photo out of your waistband and begin to shake it. You wait, and nothing happens. You attempt to do so again and notice something a bit odd.

When you shake it in front of the light seeping through the door, you see that a few lines appear on the back of the photo. You pause to observe this, and come to two conclusions. The first being that whatever is on the back of the photo can be seen by holding it against the light. The second is that there is currently nowhere near enough light to make out anything legible or with form. If you want to see this thing clearly, you're going to have to hold it against something ridiculously bright.

You put the polaroid back into your pocket.

A. Examine the wanted poster.

B. Examine the door.

C. Examine something else in the room (please specify).
>>
File: photo.png (83KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
83KB, 1000x562px
>>1301675
(And the picture to go with, which I forgot. Brain is not brain'ing today.)
>>
>>1301675
>A. Examine the wanted poster.
Let's wrap it up with the last item.
>>
File: poster.png (105KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
poster.png
105KB, 1000x562px
You take the wanted poster out of your waistband and look it over.

You look at the image first. It's just a silhouette of what looks to be an incredibly burly man. Broad shoulder, bulging muscles, and a jaw so firm you could probably mash potatoes with it. But the face has no features, the skin no color, and the hair no style or pigment. You're not sure how to feel about that.

Beneath the 'WANTED' text is a list:

'Wanted for high treason, assault of a military officer, and desertion. A $10,000 reward will be issued for anyone who brings him in dead or alive. Any information leading to arrest will receive a financial reward of $500. Last seen in a snow-covered stone room.'

...You think to yourself how strangely informal that last sentence is. 'Last seen in a snow-covered stone room'... You look around your own room. There is no snow. Besides, it clearly stated that it was a male on the poster, and despite your muscled physique you couldn't even hope to fill out the silhouette on the paper. Any thoughts of it being you on the poster have disappeared.

You put the poster back into your waistband.

A. Examine the door.

B. Examine the light framing the doorway.
>>
>>1301741
>B. Examine the light framing the doorway.
There's apparently something weird about it.
>>
>Examine the table itself.
>>
File: light.png (137KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
light.png
137KB, 700x500px
>>1301777
>>1301888

(I, uh, well, I can't really choose between consecutive trips... So we'll combine these two! Lucky rolling!)

You take a look at the table itself, checking for any compartments or drawers. You even get on your hands and knees to see if anything is stuck to the bottom, but there's nothing. It seems like it's just an ordinary table. You're almost relieved. You push it out of the way of the door with relative ease and kneel to get a better look at the light.

The door is perhaps a half an inch above the ground. From a distance it seemed as if the light was simply shining... But at a closer glance you discover something a bit more unusual.

Despite there being no source of light inside your stone room, it would appear as if the glow is seeping inside the second room from yours-- Drawing itself into the space beyond the door from seemingly nothing. You watch the ripples as it's sucked past the crevices... Yes, it's not even a centimeter's length but the light is materializing from inside your room.

Still, you feel no heat from the light. No tingling, no prickling, no kind of sensation at all. The closer you get the more a glow forms around the outline of your hand, but there's nothing more than the visual image of it.

At the same time, this light seems to be what's been reflecting in the room. If it didn't exist, you would more or less be blind in here.

You feel like you have several choices ahead of you.

A. Look under the door to see where the light is being drawn into.

B. Put your hand under the door to feel for anything on the other side.

C. Push on the door to try to get it to open. You would pull, but... There's no knob.
>>
>>1302070
>C. Push on the door to try to get it to open. You would pull, but... There's no knob.
We have no other way out of this room, so screw it, no need to be all cautious about this. We gotta get out.

Just make sure we don't stumble and fall if the door suddenly gives away (i.e. be ready to hang onto the frame)
>>
File: the light.png (108KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
the light.png
108KB, 900x900px
(You chose to push the door.)

You place your hands on the door and begin to push.

Nothing happens.

You don't think it's stuck, and you don't think you're too weak to push it open. Your eyes travel along the outline of the door, looking for a hinge, but all you see is the light being seeped into the other room.

You don't think this door's going to push open.

You also notice that the light is getting brighter, and casting darker shadows.

A. Look under the door.

B. Put your hand under the door.

C. (Please specify).
>>
>>1302309
>Look at the light from the door.
>>
>>1302320
Krag the light isn't from the door, it goes out through the door.

>>1302309
>A. Look under the door.
>>
>>1302341
eH. sEMANTICS.
>>
File: room behind the door.png (348KB, 1100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
room behind the door.png
348KB, 1100x1400px
(You chose to look at the light from under the door (I took some liberties to combine these two just to speed things up a little).)

The light is still getting brighter, although it doesn't hurt to look at it just yet. It's still moving in the same direction, and manifesting itself in the same location. You decide to get a better look from under the door.

You shift your position until you're lying on your left side, close your right eye, and peer into the crevice between the door and the floor.

At first you see a plain, yellow room illuminated by the golden light. Little glittering bits shine and reflect in your eyes, and though you're not able to make out any details it feels comforting to see this warm-colored room ahead of you.

You wonder why your room connects to it.

You hear footsteps. You stop breathing, holding in the air as long as you can. When you just can't hold it anymore you let the air pass your lips, and blink for just a split second. When you turn back, your heart nearly stops in your chest.

A translucent, glowing figure stands in front of you, legs thin as a curtain... No, a dress flutters right in front of you. You're startled. Too startled to blink, to breathe, to scream... But it just stands there, its clothes swaying in a breeze that you do not feel. It does not bend, it does not walk away. It just stands, facing your door.

An eerie silence passes for quite some time. You feel like you can talk now, if that's really what you want to do. You hear the crunch of the papers in your waistband, as well.

You're in a situation where you can respond however you like. How do you do so?
>>
>>1302595
Punch it
>>
>>1302595
>Get up and knock on the door.
>>
>>1302595
>"Uh... hello? I'm stuck in here and I would like to get out. Any help?"
>>
(On the free type of answers, I should have mentioned that the one with the most votes wins. Usually the first to get three, that's standard. However, if things run slow I will do a roll 1d however many options there are (the first being 1 and the last being the final digit) and we will go from there.)
>>
Rolled 3 (1d3)

(Alright, it's been quite a while, so I'm going to do a 1d3 to choose which option we go with... Numbers descending, as predetermined. IN THE FUTURE THIS WILL BE DIFFERENT. It's just a bit silly to do things this way. We'll probably do the whole 1d20 next time.

Alright, let's see how we approach this situation.)
>>
File: lookthrough.png (206KB, 1193x550px) Image search: [Google]
lookthrough.png
206KB, 1193x550px
(Since we rolled a 3, we'll be going with >>1302678
. Again, it will be different the next go around.)

(You decided to speak to whatever... Whoever this was."

"Uh..." You clear your throat, you voice raspy and hoarse. "...Hello? I'm stuck in here and... I would like to get out." You punctuate the words with hard consonants, listening to your voice as if you've never heard it before. It's quite low. As far as female voices go, it would probably range somewhere between a tenor and a baritone.

You wonder how you can think of this, but still didn't know your own name.

"...Any help?" You tag on, watching the motionless legs in front of you, the dress still swaying. There is a minute of silence that fills you with both disappointment and dread.

Then, your ears tickle as a sound that's light and airy enters your mind.

"I know." You've never heard this voice before, but something about it strikes a chord deep inside of you. It's girlish, yet soothing, feminine despite wavering... Like someone is trying to hold back either happy or sad cries, and you're not sure which. This voice is undoubtedly female. "I know it's scary. I was like you... I was just like you." Even from behind the door you hear the voice as if it was spoken directly into your ear. You rest your head against the stone floor, feeling oddly relaxed. It continues to talk to you.

"I want to help you. I do." It's almost like a child's voice. Weak, and high-pitched. "But I can't." A shuddering sigh. "...You have to give it what it wants."

You have to give it what it wants. You feel like you could proceed in several directions.

(Please specify what you would like to do. In your options bar, please type 'dice+1d20' sans quotations. The highest number will be the route chosen. Also something's a bit screwy with my tablet... Might be sketch images for a little bit.)
>>
check out the EVO quest thats going on.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1303138
>Trace your finger over the outline of the door.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>1303138
>"Give it? I don't see any it with any wants in here. If you really wish to help could you be a bit more clear about what is... expected of me?"
>>
>>1303166
(You chose to continue the conversation.)

You open your mouth, your lips feeling rather parched. "Give it? I don't see any it with any wants in here. If you really wish to help could you be a bit more clear about what is... Expected of me?" Your mind would be racing in a hundred different directions, but you just didn't know where to begin.

"It..." That sigh expels itself again, and you feel a chill running down the exposed part of your back. You think you hear a small sob, but by the time your brain registers what it could have been, the noise is no more. It does little to comfort you, and you miss the relaxed feeling you had not seconds ago.

"I want to let you out. I want to let you out. You have to give it what it wants." The voice whispers, legs and feet still holding their position. "You have to give it what it wants."

You have to give it what it wants. You feel like you could proceed in several directions.

(Please specify what you would like to do. In your options bar, please type 'dice+1d20' sans quotations. The highest number will be the route chosen.)
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>1303235
>Nick your finger with the envelope, and use your blood to write "open" on the door.

>If you're feeling ballsy, write "don't dead, open inside"
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1303235
Alright, we're not getting anything more from this chick.

Let's try examining the polaroid in the light that flows through the doorway.
>>
>>1303291

(You choose to physically face the challenge.)

You look at the floor for the discarded envelope that held the ticket inside, then push it to your finger. Your mind seems clouded, foggy, almost like the decision you're making isn't your own. You press in just a bit more, but a horrified shriek from the other side of the door makes you jump, and drop it instantly.

That scream turns into miserable wails, sobs so loud that they echo inside of your own room. You look at the legs, and for the first time they have moved-- Pulled back and crouched, as if the person they belonged to was cowering in fear. "Don't do it! Don't, don't, don't hurt yourself!" The voice has lost all sense of its tranquility, the breathless, whisper-like quality now ringing in your ears and sending chills across your body. "I don't want you to hurt yourself. Please, please, don't hurt yourself."

At this point, whatever is out there is practically begging you not to do what you set out to do. You can hear the trembling horror in the voice, as how a victim of some terrible crime would make. There's a sorrow underlying it all, decorated with soft whimpers and pathetic gasps.

The room grows colder every second, but the light does not fade. You're starting to become a bit more stressed.

You have to give it what it wants. You feel like you could proceed in several directions. But you feel like you're running out of time.

(Please specify what you would like to do. In your options bar, please type 'dice+1d20' sans quotations. The highest number will be the route chosen.)
>>
>>1303391
>Knock on the door four times.
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1303296
I still want to check the polaroid. Perhaps either the front or back will help us figure out what to do.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1303443
>>
>>1303447

(You chose to check the polaroid.)

Your hands shake, the animalistic noises setting off a fear in your system that you can't name... That you can't put sense to. You pull the polaroid out from your waistband, turning it over in all directions. You see nothing that you haven't seen before.

You decide to hold it against the light, to see if it would have any effect on the exposure. You see nothing that you haven't established before. There are small markings on the back of the polaroid, but no matter how close you push the photo to the light you can't see anything distinguishable on either side.

You feel like it would take a much brighter light to expose the polaroid's contents.

The wails begin again, and your body starts to heave heavy breaths in response. You don't notice it at first, but your breath is leaving little clouds in the air from the drastic drop in temperature. A pained, agonizing moan seemingly seeps into your stone holding room from behind the door, sending every hair on your body upright.

You have to give it what it wants. You feel like you could proceed in several directions. There's a sinking feeling in your gut that whatever's behind that door isn't going to give you another chance after this one.

(Please specify what you would like to do. In your options bar, please type 'dice+1d20' sans quotations. The highest number will be the route chosen. Also, something I forgot to mention before, you can only roll once per turn, but if someone suggests something you want to do, you can either forfeit your option to give them your roll or you can roll in a reply. I will still take the option with the highest number.)
>>
File: physical sheet a.png (124KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
physical sheet a.png
124KB, 750x900px
(By the way, everyone, this is a physical appearance sheet. Expect it to get better organized and more 'professional' as time goes on. However, it's a quick look at what you're wearing, what attributes you have, and what you have on your person. I will post it when changes have been made, or when it is requested (or I'll link back to the post it's in). Take a look at it.)
>>
>>1303493
Well, if the next one is our last chance, how about we discuss it between players before coming to an agreement on what to try last?
>>
>>1303504
(That is absolutely fine, discuss away and roll whenever you feel like you've got the right answer.)
>>
It clearly want's our snu-snu worthy bod. Men have killed for such a bod.

I saw we give old beasty a little flash of the goods.

>horizontalRule.jpeg

In a more serious note, we can't hurt ourselves, that's been established. We only have three items, and of those, I think the ticket is the way out.

Perhaps we can do something to the ticket?
>>
Alright then, here's some ideas.

1 - Desperately push all the items under the door. Maybe the figure outside speaks of itself in third person and was trying to say it wants something from us.

2 - We could try to break the mirror. We still haven't figured out the source of light, if any exists. Maybe that's it?

3 - We give the being outside the middle finger and resume plan cut yourself.

Earlier on, I actually found myself thinking "What if this is one of those sex is connected with magic and the outer gods must be sated type of setting?" and considered the idea of slicking in front of the mirror (maybe "it" is watching through it), but I decided not to prompt that for obvious reasons and now it doesn't look like we have enough time to get ourselves off anyway.
Hopefully this gave someone a good laugh, at least.
>>
>>1303542
>>1303547
Great minds think alike it seems.

I suppose the ticket might work.
And if not and we lose it, no big deal, we have the name memorized and tickets can't be that terribly hard to come by.
>>
>>1303547
Just realized the figure outside used "I" several times, so the speaks of itself in third person theory is out.

However "it" could be another entity it shares body with or our glowy friend could be carrying deliveries for it.

So we could still try pushing the ticket through the door, if we want to.
>>
>>1303632
So, how does this sound?

>Push the ticket under the door, and if that doesn't work start shlicking up to keep warm.
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>1303686
Haha, I don't think we will have time for the second part. Perhaps for the better.

I'm going to roll for
>Push the ticket under the door, and if that doesn't work try to break the mirror

But do feel free to roll for your alternativesecond action, if you wish.
>>
>>1303493
>>1303501

>>1303504
>>1303516

Hey folks, just want to state before I contribute that I’ve only been lurking around /qst/ for roughly a month or so, and this is my first time actually participating in a quest. From the looks of things, I’m guessing that since this is going slow, the two of you seem to be stuck at what to do next, and this next action is probably our last chance before we die, that I probably should say something.

As the meme option back in >>1303291 confirms, the ghost girl genuinely wants to help us but either seems to not know what the room wants, or is for some reason bound from saying anything. It could either be a representative of the room like >>1303547 or just another spirit that didn’t manage to give what the room wanted before she died. We can’t hurt ourselves either so the room isn’t out for blood and would probably try helping us if it could.

I’m thinking #1 from >>1303547 is the only reasonable choice because the room could either want us to willingly give up an actual object to poltergeist away, or some information from us that only we could hold. It most likely has to do with our past as being a potentially wanted criminal who tried escaping from the police, and made a deal with some mystic entities for a new identity in exchange for our memories or allowing them to find peace in the afterlife or something.

There’s the undeveloped photo, which I’m guessing we or a buddy of ours took a photo for us to inform the ghosts once we got amnesia but it was on too short a notice to use properly. That seems to be what we have the least information on and what the puzzle seems to be around given the bright light outside the door. The envelope and the ticket seems to be the mystic place we went to before we got amnesia. Alternatively, we’re supposed to give the ticket to the ghost girl either our admittance to the yellow room, or the completion of our stay from the stone room. If we lose it, like >>1303555 states it’s no large loss, and it’s probably better than dying anyways.

The polaroid had some information on the back, but we can’t read it without some ridiculously bright light from >>1301675, like the golden light from the yellow room at >>1302595. I’m guessing the light we try putting it up against is only on our side of the door, which is why it’s too dim for us to read off the back of the polaroid. We know the ghost girl is friendly, and probably the room by extension, so there isn’t a loss in revealing anything to them.

Here’s my suggestion: ask the ghost girl to read both sides of the polaroid and ticket we’re about to slide under the door because we can’t read the polaroid from here, and maybe the room wants her to read them out loud > slide and hold the both items under the door to the other side, flipping it from front to back for her to read both sides > leave both items within our reach on the other side of the door.
>>
>>1303697
>>1303686

But we're short on time, so either route works.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

Eh, I'll just roll for this since I don't have any better ideas:

> Ask the ghost girl to read both sides of the polaroid and ticket we’re about to slide under the door because we can’t read the polaroid from here, and maybe the room wants her to read them out loud > slide and hold the both items under the door to the other side, flipping it from front to back for her to read both sides > leave both items within our reach on the other side of the door.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>1303686
Fuck it, bombs away.
>>
>>1303697
(The first 20 of the thread, huzzah!

Let me give you some pointers/answer some of the questions as a reward for the super luck. First of all, you are not currently in danger of dying. If death is imminent, you will be warned explicitly that you might die. Because this is the first instance of a possible failure, there will be very minor consequences. However, that's not going to be the case in the future. You might be locked out of rooms, have items taken away from you, have boogeymen rain down on you from the sky, have your ammo stripped or weapons broken... But you will always be fairly warned if death is a risk.

Also, I do encourage conversations about what to do before executing ideas. First of all it's very fun to see what people are thinking, but secondly your choices will be limited on some events. Now, puzzles and riddles will probably have the infinite timer on them, but an actual interaction with a being will be time-limited.

Secondly, this wasn't designed to be a short campaign. Now, is it going to go on for a year? Probably not. Even though this board is slow, probably not. But not everything is going to be answered immediately. One of the things I rather admire about the Silent Hill franchise is a clue here, a clue there in the beginning of the game, and as you progress further you're able to put the pieces together and make the connections. This is one of those kinds of quests. I like telling stories and building atmosphere... I feel like my writing here is a little poopy, although I am recently recovering from walking pneumonia which... I dunno if you guys have ever had it before, but it makes you a little bit doofy when you try to words.

But in all seriousness I'm very happy because of everyone who is participating. I quite like doing this.

Also the amount of suggested masturbation here is... More than what I expected. Like, significantly so. I did say you guys could do whatever you wanted with a popular vote/high role, but... Just keep in mind there are some things I can mention but can't go into detail with (lol). This isn't 18+, after all.

This post is just a bonus discussion for hitting a 20... I'll be posting the real response in the next post I make.)
>>
>>1303829
>you are not currently in danger of dying.
I'd actually figured that out, but didn't want to call it to not spoil the surprise.
Primarily it was because it didn't seem like this quest was being written to quickly come to an end (though I suppose we could have changed protagonist), but mostly because of the way some of your posts (notably this >>1303501) made it clear that you expected a continuation with this character as certain.

Anyway, thanks for the overview, sounds great.

>I did say you guys could do whatever you wanted with a popular vote/high role, but... Just keep in mind there are some things I can mention but can't go into detail with
Don't make me post sexy faceless nurses.
>>
>>1303829

I was honestly expecting the ominous wording from >>1303493 meant that we were either going to die and had to load from a previous save point or something. I’m glad to know it just means we get spooked real bad for a tutorial sequence with a possible jumpscare from the little girl.

Personally, I wasn’t planning on participating on any quest on /qst/ for at least another couple of months or so. However, since you have what’s seems to be one of the most original quests on /qst/ that’s currently active, and you’re a drawfag – that’s good to boot – which are rather rare on this board, it seemed like it was worth a shot. Great work so far by the way, I was expecting this to be a clone of any other quest if anything.

How close were any of us to cracking the puzzle?

>>1303860

Actually sexy faceless nurses, or Silent Hill horror types that looks good until you get a close enough look? Because your comment made me realize we didn’t look at the face of the ghost from the OP image yet.
>>
>>1303914
I mean, /qst/ isn't really a board you have to lurk on. Since most of the threads are self-contained. There might be a few references you might not get but you should be able to just look those up.
>>
File: bad route.png (1MB, 900x1500px) Image search: [Google]
bad route.png
1MB, 900x1500px
>>1303697

(You chose to push the ticket under the door.)

Your hand goes to your side, feeling around for the ticket. After all, a ticket grants entry. Wordlessly your fingers tighten around the colorful piece of paper, then push it under the door as a last, desperate offering.

The response is almost immediate. An echoing scream reverberates in the room, the source seemingly coming from inside your head. Your hands immediately go to your ears, but the motion does little more than further push the audio assault into your brain. Your legs begin to wobble, and at first you think it's little but disorientation... But you soon realize that you're wrong. The ground is shaking violently at this point, the stone turning and churning as the shrieking misery seems to shatter the very atmosphere around you. A sharp pain shoots down your spine, and you realize that you have dropped.

And that you are falling.

It's dark around you, a chilling, blue hue tainting the pure blackness. Your arms spread out and your legs bend... And for just a moment you wonder how you can be so collected in this situation. You can't even see what you're falling into, and the only things around you other than the nothingness are crumbled remnants of the stone floor you had been sitting on. The fall seemingly lasts forever... And then you fall flat on your stomach and face.

It's a hard hit, and it makes even your vision go blurry for a split moment. Your head spins, turning in a hundred different directions, and it takes you a good five minutes to collect your wits. You slowly look up from where you've fallen, groaning from the discomfort and deep soreness.

(1/2)
>>
File: house map 1.png (187KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
house map 1.png
187KB, 1200x900px
>>1304197

Dust has collected all around you... Or is it fog? No, it's dust. It's definitely dust. You cough in response, shaking the mess of black hair out of your face and behind your head. Once your vision has cleared, you see the ticket you pushed under the door laid in front of you, seemingly unharmed. You think it might not be a bad idea to take it again, and you tie it in your waistband with the other papers. All of them seem to have survived the descent. You don't like being flat out on the floor, and stand as soon as you can get to your footing.

What little light exists in this house looks to be twilight. A somber blue glow shines off of the hardwood floors, and catches freckles of dust debris in the air for all to see. Despite it being dirty, though, the structure doesn't look dilapidated. The floors aren't scratched or damaged, and the walls are all painted one shade.

Standing up, you can see down a rather substantial hallway, and turning left you notice what's most likely the kitchen. You see a sink and several counters in the room, as well as some lighter tile laid across the floor.

There seems to be another open entry for you further down the house, but you can't quite see far enough to make out any details.

You turn to your right and see that there's a shut, wooden door. A little further down, there is another.

You pause, listening for any trace of life, of company, of just a voice... Nothing. The wails of your company not minutes ago have completely vanished, and the only noises in this house are the ones you're making with your breathing.

You look behind you and see a blank wall. You look above you and see a simple ceiling. There appears to be no evidence of your previous imprisonment.

You notice the temperature is a bit cold, but not unbearable.

You are alone in an unfamiliar house. There are quite a few things you can do.

(You are currently free to explore and interact with your environment as much as you'd like. Please specify what you would like to do. In your options bar, please type 'dice+1d20' sans quotations. The highest number will be the route chosen.)

(2/2)

(How to read the map: Any grey squares indicate a door that is unlocked. Black squares indicate a door that is locked. You may not be able to access all of the doors in one sitting. A cut open line indicates an archway, or a passage that does not require a door to enter.

If an area is greyed out, that means it's in the same room (technically) but is not in your field of vision. You can move anywhere in your field of vision, including up to the edge, but not past it.
>>
>>1304224
>Try to find some clothes. As much of a feast for the eyes it is, I'd rather not die from exposure.
>>
>>1303914
(You all were close in the sense that you knew you needed an item. However, you all seemed to focus on the wrong one.

I wanted to make the first encounter a relatively straightforward one and increase in difficulty from there. And since someone rolled a 20 (yey) I'll tell you that the 'want' should have been taken literally. Go back and look at what's in your inventory, and I'm sure you'll all get it.

Some puzzles will take longer than others to solve because they're complex. Some of them are so straightforward they seem silly. I wanted to cover all levels at some point in this quest, however, if people aren't getting a puzzle or riddle they NEED to progress after a significant amount of time, I'll toss you something to steer you on the right track. I'm not that cruel, and because this is my first original quest I know there's going to be some problems along the way.

I'm glad you're enjoying this so far!)
>>
>>1304224
(Honestly, I would love an 'edit' feature in /qst/ because I am dingy today with responses. You do NOT need to roll right now. Ignore that part. You are exploring a finite area so no roll is required.)

>>1304241

You look around the immediate area for something to put on over your clothes, but there seems to be nothing. You have no idea what's behind the first door, but something in your mind tells you there's probably nothing decent to wear in the kitchen.
>>
>>1304224
>Any grey squares indicate a door that is unlocked. Black squares indicate a door that is locked. You may not be able to access all of the doors in one sitting. A cut open line indicates an archway, or a passage that does not require a door to enter.
HeroQuest/10
(I do love me some Hero Quest)

>>1304247
>Some of them are so straightforward they seem silly.
>the 'want' should have been taken literally. Go back and look at what's in your inventory, and I'm sure you'll all get it.
I think this counts as one of those. We probably would have figured it out if the verbal cue was "You have to give it the one it wants" instead of "what it wants".

But hey, at least we got our ticket back. Didn't expect that with a failure (the reason I didn't push all the items through the door was that I figured we'd likely lose them and regret it later), so I guess it's not too bad (in fact, if you hadn't told us otherwise, I would have thought "Oh hey, it worked!")

>>1304256
Doors, uh? What about windows? Are there any that we see? If yes, cautiously peek outside (trying not to be seen ourselves).
If not, inspect the kitchen for knives.
>>
>>1304256
>Head into the living room.
>Check between the cushions of the couch.
>>
File: lost item 1.png (79KB, 201x654px) Image search: [Google]
lost item 1.png
79KB, 201x654px
>>1304572
(Two things would have been different if you had succeeded. The atmosphere of the room would have been the bright, warm yellow, and you would have gotten another outfit... Pictured here, of course.

It wouldn't have any effect other than a visual one. You would still have the same items, the same carrying space... It just would have been another option.

Don't expect to lose something this trivial in the future, however. And I won't always tell you what you lost. You might never know, or you might only figure it out later. Since this is the first example, though, I gave you a bit more information than I will throughout the rest of this.)
>>
>>1304664
This is going to come later as an "Egads, what are you wearing!? Or rather, what aren't you wearing!" moment.

Besides, a frilly dress probably wouldn't fit our character. I hope we find a cowboy outfit, it would great on her probs.
>>
File: house map 1a.png (138KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
house map 1a.png
138KB, 1200x900px
>>1304585

(Remember, anything that's shaded grey is something in the same room but out of your field of vision. I've darkened the environment a little bit to reinforce this.)

>>1304572

(You chose to go into the kitchen first.)

Your bare feet make muted steps on the hardware floor, and you pass into the kitchen. You can feel that the tile laid on the floor is a bit colder, but it does not upset you. From your position you can see that this room has been cleaned to the very last inch. The stove is spotless, the counters are shining, and the sink is absolutely immaculate.

You can also see a round table, two wooden chairs set perpendicular to each other, and a high-chair set up at the far side. In the middle of the table is a trumpet-shaped vase holding grey flowers. From this distance you can't tell if the flowers are really that shade or if they've withered and died. But there are no windows in this room. Perhaps not even in this building.

You wonder where the light is coming from.

Another thing that catches your attention is the stench of that acidic stink you caught from inside your previous room. But you don't seem to be close to it. You gravitate towards the fridge, although you do not open it, and sniff... The smell is not originating from here.

You take it upon yourself to thoroughly search the kitchen for anything that might help you defend yourself. As you look over the counter tops and begin to open the drawers, you feel strange. Almost like you're just on auto-pilot. You stop and gather your thoughts, mind breaking down what you just went through. The pain, the suffocation, the panic... And then this place.

You look up. Everything around you is coated in a moonlight that doesn't exist. You're in a place that you do not belong in, and that feeling sticks despite your location currently being unknown. It makes you feel increasingly uneasy, which only fuels your desire to find some sort of weapon for whatever you might face in and around this area.

The first thing you look for, obviously, is a knife. You rummage through the drawers, finding quite a bit of cutlery. The utensils sparkle, and you can tell they've never seen a single usage. You also find a lot of tools... Thermometers, brushes, skewers. You wrack your brain for knowledge on cooking and find that you have very little. However, you can recognize that these are tools for preparing different kinds of food. But, like the silverware, they've never seen any use.

At last you find a knife. It's rather average, not quite as small as a steak knife but not as big as any of a butcher's tools. You also find a rather hefty rolling pin. It could definitely bash someone to submission, but you find that you have no trouble swinging it in any direction.

Unfortunately, in your current state, you don't think you can carry both of them. You don't have any room to keep the other.

A. Take the knife and proceed to... (specify)

B. Take the rolling pin and proceed to... (specify)
>>
>>1304712
>A. Take the knife and proceed to the living room.
>>
>>1304664
Looks like we would have lost some bicep muscle mass too based on that drawing.

>>1304712
>You wonder where the light is coming from.
Ah, sheeit. Hopefully it doesn't get sucked out again.

So yeah, we take the knife, agreed.
It just occurred to me though: we don't know when we might next be spirited away to someplace else. Maybe we should quickly check if we can find any food that can easily be carried with us (snacks, protein bars and whatnot)?
>>
>>1304809
>you worry about food.
RAID THE FRIDGE!!
>>
>>1304851
Eh, why do I have the feeling that the moment we'll open its door that'll turn to "RETREAT! RETREAT!!!"
>>
>>1304886
Raiding is inheritingly violent, and as such invokes feelings of something or another.
>>
>>1304809
(lol, I just have a base without definition to act as a placeholder while I make a better character sheet. But it is the same base as >>1303501

Goes to show that you can't just put a dress over things and call it a day. But I will have to make a more improved sheet as we progress. Also, remember that popular vote governs quite a bit of the decisions made. That doesn't mean your suggested direction won't get chosen, it just means this course of action is taken first.)

(You chose to take the knife.)

You decide on the knife, setting the rolling pin back in the drawer. If you're able to carry it with you later you might come back for it. Then again, you might not.

The next thing that crosses your mind is the physical need for food. More specifically, the lack you have for it right now. Of course, you don't know how long you've been out for, and if your energy leaves you then you won't be in a good place.

There doesn't seem to be any food on the table in the other room, nor on any of the counters. And there are no overhead cupboards, either. The only other place where there might be food is the fridge.

You're standing in front of the fridge, your knife equipped in your hand. After all, you don't really have any other place to store it right now.

A. Open the fridge.

B. Leave the fridge alone.
>>
>>1304922
>A. Open the fridge.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1304932
Roll just in case.
>>
>>1304922
>lol, I just have a base without definition to act as a placeholder while I make a better character sheet.
Haha I see. I was not being serious though considering you told us to be on lookout for small details like the way light behaves, I figured it was possible our character may start changing physically, kinda like the protagonist of Shattered Memories (you know, NOT-Harry).

We'll have to figure out some way to carry that knife without holding it and without hurting ourselves.

For now let's check the fridge.
>>
File: in the fridge.png (225KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
in the fridge.png
225KB, 800x1000px
>>1304961
(Since you brought that up, just a reminder that at any time anyone can request a quick self-inspection. It doesn't require a roll and you can check on your physical appearance, what you're carrying, what you're wearing, etc... You'll either get a quick written response or you'll be directed to the most recent character sheet.)

(You chose to open the fridge.)

You open the door to the fridge and meet no resistance... And no cold. There's no light inside, and you feel like this thing was either never in commission or hasn't been plugged in for a long time. There's not a drop of water, nor is there any crumb of food.

What there is is a white, porcelain figure of what appears to be an angel. Hands folded in front of the stomach, face slightly tilted down, wings curled in... It is pretty, but it's very simple. Almost like a child made it.

You don't have any room to carry the angel, or even hold it at the moment. But something tells you that it's wrong for this little figure to be in the fridge. Something like this doesn't belong here. You feel like you should respect it and move it, at least to the counter.

One thing is abundantly clear. This kitchen has no food in it.

You're facing a porcelain figure of an angel inside of the fridge.

A. Close the fridge.

B. Take the figure out and put it on the kitchen counter.

C. Take the figure out and put it somewhere else (specify).
>>
>>1305008
>B. Take the figure out and put it on the kitchen counter.
I'm okay with doing this, for the time being.

We'll trust our gut.
But I must ask: is that a sardonic smile on her face? Or perhaps a timid one?
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>1305008
Take the angel with you in your hand as you start exploring the living room.
>>
>>1305019
Keep in hand, if nothing else it can be thrown.
>>
>>1305019
>>1305029

>>1305008
>You don't have any room to carry the angel, or even hold it at the moment.

(It's not like a little figurine, it's about six inches tall. And you will need an open hand. You can move it to somewhere other than the counter if you like, or you might be able to move it later. But you can't take it with you.

Unless, of course, you're all willing to forfeit the knife at this moment?)
>>
>>1305055
>Unless, of course, you're all willing to forfeit the knife
NOPE
>>
>>1305055
Place figurine on counter, and ask it,
>"What is going on?"
>>
>>1305102
No objection.

I still want a description of its facial expression. I wasn't being silly when I asked.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>place angel on counter
>check kitchen for food again
>>
>>1305124
Shure, and any identifying marks, like a maker's mark, or any damages.
>>
File: house map 1b.png (144KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
house map 1b.png
144KB, 1200x900px
(You decide to place the angel on the counter.)

You take the angel out of the fridge and place it on the counter. You feel good, like you've corrected something that was fundamentally wrong.

You stare at it for a moment, looking over its facial features. It's definitely a female angel. Her eyes are closed, and the porcelain has been highlighted with a black ink of sort to give definition to the eyes. Her nose is barely even there, and her cheek bones are high, the jawline formed into a perfect point. Her lips are finely crafted, though not painted, into a small little smile. It's a face that looks quite complacent, just a step down from happiness. With her eyes downcast and closed, she almost looks bashful. It makes you mimic the smile in return, finding just a tiny bit of peace in the middle of the chaos.

You snap out of your tranquil little trance and look around you. After moving to this counter you can see that the little room with the round table leads to somewhere else. The floors are hardwood, and there's a very... Perfume-like scent coming from the room.

You don't think there's anything else you can do in the kitchen.

A. Enter the room ahead of you.

B. Turn back to the hallway.

C. Examine something or move somewhere else (specify).
>>
>>1305139
>>1305179

During your look-over you see no damages, no scratches, and no sort of logo or even date. There seems to be nothing defining about the figure other than its expression.
>>
>>1305179
>A. Enter the room ahead of you.
Might as well.
>>
Enter the room ahead.
>>
>>1305188
*hey, I just noticed something: is that a chair for a baby on the far end of the table?
Interesting detail.
>>
>>1305179
>A. Enter the room ahead of you.
Move north of table, in case there is something in the room after.
>>
File: house map 1c.png (153KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
house map 1c.png
153KB, 1200x900px
>>1305200
>>1304712

(Yep.)

(You chose to enter the room ahead.)

You look at the bare walls of the kitchen, then advance towards the archway into the room ahead. Your feet make muted 'thump's on the floor, and you look down. They're just feet, but you feel like they're a little bit bigger than most. The you remember that you're probably floating around the six foot mark, and you shrug the idea off.

Stepping past the opening you realize that this is a dining room. Like the kitchen the walls are bare. Not even any windows. The moonlight still doesn't have a source. You move in front of the table and see that there are six chairs. That seems normal for a dining table, you think. It fills both of the rows up, at least, which seems appropriate.

In the middle of the table are some candles. There appears to be a candelabra with three places, as well as an additional two, short, glass-held candles on the side. Underneath the table is a faintly decorated rug. From what you can see it just has stripes inside of the border. There are no other decorations in this room.

You also notice that the floor is hardwood, and the walls are plaster.

You're standing at the north side of the table.

(Please specify what you would like to do... Remember, popular vote chooses what we do, but that doesn't mean if your vote isn't chosen it can't be done afterward. You don't have to roll during the investigation of a finite area. Also remember that you can only further examine things within your field of vision.)
>>
>>1305276
I'm assuming all the candles are out.
Anything special about them and their holders?
>>
>>1305276
Can we light or collect the candles?
>>
>>1305335
(Yes, the candles are not lit)

>>1305341
(You're currently in your underwear. You can't carry anything with you other than the knife... And the quest item papers, of course.)

(Do you want to examine the candles?)
>>
>>1305356
>Bring the candles into the kitchen and try to light them.
>>
>>1305356
Examine the candles, but keep an eye out for things sneaking up on us... er you.
>>
>>1305335
>Anything special about them and their holders?
Should I assume the answer to that was no?

>>1305356
>Do you want to examine the candles?
Yes.
Also, if they are normal candles our protagonist can totally smuggle one between her tits. Might be invaluable later.
>>
File: candles.png (216KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
candles.png
216KB, 1000x562px
>>1305371
(If you want to see if anything is special about an object, you'll need to spend the turn examining it.)

(Also, keep this in mind: Just because you see something doesn't mean you have to horde it or take it with you. If you really feel like that's the solution to the problem then by all means go for it, but sometimes observation is also helpful.)

You lift your chin and bend forward to look at the set up on the table. The cloth underneath is a monotone shade of what you're pretty sure is blue, voice of patterns or decorations.

The candles all seem to be burned, save for the one on the far left. Strangely enough each candle seems to be a different height, some taller than others, and some melted down further than the rest. All the candles seem to be the exact same color, and-- Yep -- the perfume smell is coming from them. It doesn't really smell like one thing in particular. It's not unpleasant, but you wouldn't put it in your own house.

The metal section of the candelabra seems to be some sort of stainless steel, or silver. You don't possess the knowledge to determine this metal, but it's grey in hue and is polished to pristine condition.

It's of average size, and from what you assume it's of average weight. And, even though you smell their scent, you don't smell smoke or fire. These haven't been lit any time recently.

You're looking at the table set up of candles. (Please specify what you want to do.)
>>
>>1305439
(Voice of? *Void of.)
>>
>>1305439
>Just because you see something doesn't mean you have to horde it
I realize that, but if we ever find ourselves in the dark, a candle would be extremely nice (if we can find the means to light it, at some point).

This may be completely retarded, but how about we try to switch the third and fourth candle (left to right) and the first and last?
>>
>>1305454
Going with rearrange the candles. If the candelabra isn't expensive, then it is most likely pewter.
>>
>Head into the living room.
>>
(You chose to rearrange the candles.)

You're able to take the first and last candle out of their glass dishes, but when you attempt to remove any of the candles in the candelabra you find you can't do it. The candles are stuck inside, though you can't figure out why. You even try banging the candelabra on the table slightly to jostle the candles, but all that does is make a rather unpleasant noise.

You put the candelabra back how you found it and place the two candles in their glass dishes back the way they were.

You're looking at the table set up of candles. (Please specify what you want to do.)
>>
>>1305548
>living room
>>
>>1305605
Living room? Or do you mean dieing room?
Either way lets go.
>>
>>1305674
Ha.... Ha... Very funny.

*slow clap.*
>>
Move forward to the living room.
>>
File: house map 1d.png (200KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
house map 1d.png
200KB, 1200x900px
(Alright, heads up everyone, I've got tornadoes on the ground where I am. Which... In my location is pretty much business as usual. But it might be an early night tonight if the power/internet cuts out.

Also, we're making an amendment here. Technically you don't know if a living room exists in this house or not, but because we're slower than I thought we would we'll just cut to there.)

You resolve to let the candles stay as they are for now. You don't think they're going anywhere.

You walk back the way you came, looking down at the angel as you pass through the kitchen. It's exactly as you left it, no changes other than the ones you made prior. You exit to the hallway, facing the first door you saw, then turn left. Walking down, you see another closed door on your right, more or less identical to the previous one. Then you turn left and see another arch opening not dissimilar to the one leading from the kitchen to the dining room.

You're standing at the west side of what appears to be a living room...

...You found the smell.

There appears to be a coffee table in the middle of the room, and sitting on said furniture is a clear, crystal glass bowl. Well. It would be clear if not for the overwhelming stench of rotten fruit inside of it. You don't know what you're looking at, but it would appear to have once been strawberries covered with white mold. And now it has turned into a grey sludge. You can still kind of make out the points from the berries, but you don't really want to get any closer to see the details.

Apart from that you notice several things. A very plush sofa and two arm chairs facing a rather retro television on a stand, A bookshelf towards the back corner, and a home phone resting on a night stand.

Also in your field of vision is the archway at the far side of where you're standing. You can just barely make out one more door. Something inside of you tells you that this could lead out of the house.

You are standing at the west side, looking into the living room.

(Please specify what you would like to do.)
>>
>>1305876
Check to see if the phone works.
>>
>>1305901
Hear hear. Land lines have their own power, so if the power goes out they might still work.
>>
(You chose to check out the phone.)

You make your way towards the phone and take a look at it. It seems like any ordinary landline that you've seen before. The numbers are in order, the cords are all connected... Everything is how it should be.

You're standing at the phone.

A. Try to call someone (enter in a number).

B. Dial 0 for operator.

C. Pick up the phone and listen.

D. Move on to something else (specify).
>>
>>1306016
DIal 0 for the 411.
>>
>>1306016
>C. Pick up the phone and listen
That's actually what I meant by check if it works.
To save on time I guess we can do that and follow it with >>1306026

Though I don't expect the phone to actually work.
>>
>>1306071
Check for dial tone. If dial tone call ANYBODY, if not don't waste time.
>>
File: phone contact.png (151KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
phone contact.png
151KB, 900x500px
(You chose to check for a dial tone.)

You pick up the receiver, hearing a little 'ding' as the release is triggered. You look at the speaker for a moment, then put it next to your ear. At first, you hear nothing. Then there's a three-tone beep that makes you jump out of your skin. Almost instantaneously, the generic, automated female voice speaks directly into your ear.

"We're sorry, it appears that this line is already in use. Please hang up and try again. Thank you."

The phone clicks again, and silence plagues the line. You slowly put the receiver back into place, an eerie feeling spreading over your shoulders and down your spine. There was no other phone in any of the rooms you already checked... Maybe one of the others?

In any case, the phone is operational but is currently not available for use.

You're standing at the phone.
>>
>>1306378
(Ugh, my sketches are going downhill fast... I wish I could do quality work quickly. But we're already going rather slow as it is, so... It'll have to do, at least for now.)
>>
>>1306378
Maby someone is using dialup, lets look at the table then bookshelf before looking for what is using the line.
>>
>>1306410
This, then
>Check out the hallway.
>>
>>1306410
Seconded.
>>
File: books.png (371KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
books.png
371KB, 800x1000px
(You chose to examine the objects in the room further.)

You look at the table, and notice that the front has a drawer with a hook. However, when you pull on it, you find that it's locked. There is a keyhole in the center of the compartment, but you don't recall seeing any keys in this house.

Aside from this it just looks like an ordinary table. Average build, typical wood... It's simple, but there's nothing wrong with that.

You turn your attention towards the bookshelf, and your body follows suit. Your eyes stretch over the modest selection of reading material, catching popular titles that you remember reading in high school.

You pause. Something in your head snaps you to attention, as if a hand has cracked across your face. Though, there is no pain, only shock as you make this revelation. You've obtained a memory.

You've obtained the memory that you went to high school.

It dazes you for a moment, but after a few minutes of thinking it over it seems obvious. Of course you received a high school education. It just makes sense. You brush the familiar titles to the side as a few other books seem to grab your attention.

The first book is a novel claimed to be written by a local author. It's called, "Bitterness", and is rather hefty. You flip to the very last page, and see that it's marked '573'. That's a lot of pages.

The second book that stands out to you is an instruction guide on knitting and crocheting. It contains techniques, designs, and ideas for this craft, coupled with illustrations of happy housewives and laughing babies dressed in blankets and pom-pom hats.

The third isn't a book at all. Well, it's a directory. A phone book. You quickly flip through it, looking over the various yellow pages, the silly graphics promoting businesses... It's rather thick. You're not sure if there's anything inside that you might need, but even if there was you wouldn't know where to begin with.

You've put all three books back in the shelves, but nothing is stopping you from taking a closer look.

You're facing the bookshelf.

A. Read "Bitterness".

B. Read the knitting guide.

C. Read the phone book.

D. Leave the bookshelf and see to something else (specify).
>>
>>1306781
>A. Read "Bitterness".
Specifically, is there a summary on the back cover or inside if it has a sleeve?
Small author biography maybe?
>>
>>1306781
Hmm. Did the phone have the number to the house written on it?
>>
>>1306984
Good thinking!
We should check that after we're done with the book!
>>
>>1307012
Fine
Check for synopsis and chapter listing.
See what we can relate to, with our situation in being in this strange house.
>>
(You chose to look over 'Bitterness'.)

You kind of flip through the pages, your interest not really peaking from that alone... Flipping the book over you notice a small paragraph. It appears to be a mix of flavor text and a summary. You read it.

" 'Bitterness' is the true story of a man living with his wife, who suffers from multiple personality disorder. A. D. has weaved a tale of complex intricacy, capturing every bit of emotional essence and painting each grueling obstacle with the harshest tones of reality. Can a relationship truly survive when the person you are bonded to in holy matrimony doesn't even know who they are? It's a twisted tail of misery, betrayal, and self-sacrifice. Author A. D. does it again. "

You've never read such a souped-up piece of crap in your life. It makes you not want to read it.

You put the book back and return to the phone.

You make sure to turn the phone in all angles, searching for anything out of the ordinary. You only find two things, but you're not sure if they're out of the ordinary.

The first thing you find is a bright yellow piece of paper with the words: 'Dial 911 for help'... It's resting underneath the phone, not taped down to anything. The second thing you notice is a sticker on the bottom of the phone, which looks like it's been worn out. You can just make out the symbols: '$5.00'

Looks like it's been discounted.

Nothing else seems to be out of the ordinary.

You are standing in front of the phone.

>>
>>1307964
Lets examine the tv, then continue exploring
>>
>>1307970
And by examine we also mean trying to turn it on.
Don't want a repeat of what happened with the phone.
>>
>>1307988
Yes. And look at the cabinet thing the tv is on, and open anything that can be opened.
>>
File: tv.png (123KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tv.png
123KB, 800x600px
(You chose to look at the TV.)

The television is very retro-style, it even has two bug-like antennae sticking out to get a decent reception. Even in the twilight you can tell that this is a grey television. It wouldn't surprise you if it was a budget item just like the phone was. Still, it doesn't look to be in bad shape. There are no dents or scratches on it, nor any parts missing. You see two knobs on the side of it, one labeled 'volume' and the other labeled 'power'. You find it a little odd that there isn't a channel tuner, nor does there appear to be a remote around.

You try to turn it on but you're met with just a 'tick' and a black screen. You play with the volume knob a little bit, but there is neither audio no visual presentation.

You look at the stand, two knobs in front of it, and pull one side open. You see that there's a VCR player underneath, and a little light is on indicating its current condition. You press some of the buttons, but none do any difference.

There doesn't seem to be a tape in the VCR for any of those buttons to do anything.

You close the cabinet and take one last look around the room. It looks like you've searched through everything this part of the house has to offer.

You walk to the west side and look around you. You know that you've passed one door, and there's another in front of you. You also know that the door probably leading outside is in the far southeast corner of the room.

(See >>1305876 for image placement.)
>>
>>1308109
I'm assuming we did make sure the TV was plugged in, right? (I'd expected static. I guess it's just broken though)

Based on a gut feeling, I'd rather not attempt to leave the house yet. First I'm hoping to find a dresser or whatever might contain any items to carry our knife move conveniently.

Let's try the door in front of the kitchen.
>>
Did we try the stove? Perhaps we could try liting some of the candles for illumination.
>>
>>1308109
Peek out of the door's keyhole before entering the other room. You know, just in case.
>>1308476
Also this before going for the door.
>>
>>1308479
Supporting.
>>
>>1308123

(TV is plugged in, yes.)

(It's really interesting to see how cautious you're all being.)

>>1308476

(You decide to go back into the kitchen.)

You walk back into the kitchen, and not trusting the duration of this origin-less light, decide it might not be a bad idea to try to light one of the candles. When you searched through all of the kitchen drawers you did not find any matches or lighters, so you decide to improvise.

You put your hand above the stove, and feel no heat. Quickly pressing your palm to the surface and lifting it several times, you determine that this stove is off. You see several knobs, but like the television none of them seem to work. Your hand hovers for several minutes over each burner, thinking that maybe it just takes some time for everything to kick in... Nothing. You turn each dial to the 'off' position.

You also sniff the air. But you're not entirely sure what you're sniffing for... Gas? Aside from the perfume-scented candles and the rotten strawberries you don't pick up anything different. No burning, no gas, nothing.

It then dawns on you that this appears to be an electric stove. Your shoulders droop slightly. The only time you've ever seen an electric stove produce fire was when you accidentally spilled oil onto the hot burner.

...Is that a memory, or just common sense? You're not completely sure.

The only thing in this house that requires electricity and works is the telephone... Or, at least it's the only thing you've found so far.

You notice the air around you is getting... Damp. And it's noticeably colder than it was before. It's not unbearable, but it does bother you.

You're standing in front of the stove.

(Is the door you want to check the one opposite of the kitchen? Or the one further down the hall? Map for reference: >>1304712)
>>
>>1308616
The gray one.
>>
>>1308616
>>1308479
Lets look through the keyhole first, if it has a keyhole.
>>
>>1308616
>It's really interesting to see how cautious you're all being.
Tends to happen when the first post describes the quest as "inspired by Silent Hill".

On that note:
>You notice the air around you is getting... Damp. And it's noticeably colder than it was before.
Time limit about to kick in?

>Is the door you want to check the one opposite of the kitchen? Or the one further down the hall?
In front of the kitchen so yeah, opposite to it. The white one.

However, with the encroaching dampness, I now feel more inclined to check if we are able to leave this place, should we want to, and would change my prompt to checking the house's front door.
Don't try to open it right away though, let' first see if it has a spy eye or any other means of looking out without letting anything in..
>>
>>1308639
This
>>
(You decide to examine the door opposite of the kitchen.)

You look over the door to the kitchen, examining the knob first. It seems to be a simple lock knob... Meaning that it locks with the turn of a trigger rather than a key, like you've seen at the phone drawer. There is no keyhole. You turn the knob slowly, without actual intent of opening the door, and discover that the knob turns freely. It doesn't appear as if the door is locked.

There don't appear to be any cracks or holes. The door seems to be in perfect condition.

You hush your breathing... And hear nothing.

You are standing in front of the unlocked door.

A. Enter the room.

B. Look around another area (specify).
>>
>>1308697
(door to the kitchen?

*door opposite to the kitchen.

Don't do this to me brain...)
>>
>>1308697
>open the door a little and peek inside
>>
>>1308697
Still going with this
>>1308643
before some tidal wave from upstairs crashes into us or anything of the sort.
>>
>>1308709
Imma keep it as a reminder, but as soon as we get more carrying space we should try and go back for the angel. It might be useful, and it doesn't feel right leaving the little guy there.
>>
>>1308722
Of course.

Angelbro is gonna stick with us.
>>
>>1308722
Okay.
But are you supporting checking the door to the outside next or not?

To clarify, I'm not planning on running out of the house yet, just want to see if it's an available option or if we're locked in here again.
>>
>>1308707
Keep knife at the ready too.
>>
>>1308729
>Angelbro
>Bro

Do you know something we don't?
>>
>>1308732
Eh, sure.
>>1308742
God dammit, even angel statues are traps now.
>>
>>1308732

(To save time because we're still going pretty slow, I'm just going to tell you that if you check the door that leads to the outside you'll find that it's locked and requires a key.)
>>
>>1308772
Figured as much.
Okay then, white door it is, open sesame!
>>
>>1308772
Ok then, full on grey door.
>>
>>1308742
>Angelthing?
>>
>>1308787
Angelsis
>>
File: house map 1e.png (138KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
house map 1e.png
138KB, 1200x900px
(You decide to enter the door.)

Your hand curls on the knob, the other gripping the knife cautiously, and you slowly begin to push it open. You hold your breath, pushing your body against the door as if it were a shield. The door doesn't even creak open, but you do notice that the flooring has turned to a short, condensed layer of carpet. Your feet, that were growing rather cold, thank you for it.

As you turn your head, a full bedroom comes into view. The closest thing to you is the bed, pressed neatly and made with two pillows. It looks rather sizable, probably a queen-sized mattress.

Pressed against the far wall is an average sized wooden dresser. The dresser itself is rather unremarkable, but on top of the dresser you notice a long box with indentions on top, along with something that looks like a mix of a bowling pin and a doll. There is no mirror above the dresser, no windows... Just the same eerie moonlight that coats the rest of the house.

Looking to your right you see what you think is a baby bed. It looks like a large basket, lined with lace and white silk, pristine and inviting to those who would lay in it. The material looks soft, and there isn't a single hard edge exposed.

And the last object in this room appears to be a nightstand. There's nothing on top of it, but even at your angle you can see that it's got a compartment in the front.

You step into the room, and see that there's also a smaller door to your left.

It's just slightly warmer in this room than the others, probably thanks to the carpet. You're relieved of the harsh stench that the rotting fruit plagued you with.

You're standing in front of the bedroom door, facing the west.

>>
>>1308819
(P.S., I kind of stretched out this room to make it a little bit bigger... So it's larger scale than the rest of the house, but that's a graphical issue. Otherwise the things on the dresser would have been too squashed.)
>>
>>1308819
Check under the bed, then the closet. Keep the knife at the ready. We can look more closely, once we cleared the room.
>>
>>1308834
Supporting.
>>
File: house map 1f.png (214KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
house map 1f.png
214KB, 1200x900px
(You decide to examine the blind spots.)

You lower yourself down to your knees, laying down close to the door to look underneath the bed. The frame doesn't have a dust ruffle, and you can see all the way through. Fortunately, or unfortunately, there's nothing underneath the bed to see. You get back on your feet.

The next place you check is the other door in this room. Treating it like you did previously to the first door, you peer inside cautiously.

It looks like a master bathroom. Toilet, shower, sink and counter with a mirror hanging above it... It's all very clean, too. You don't smell any cleaner or freshener, but there doesn't seem to be even a spec of dust in sight.

You're standing at the door of the bathroom.

A. Examine the bathroom further.

B. Examine the bedroom further.

C. Examine another part of the house.

>>
>>1308923
Soo. Start examining things here, or go back to the bedroom, guys?
And gals too, if applicable.
>>
>>1308923
Anything inside the counter?
>>
>>1308923
>look for clothes in the dresser
>peek into the babby's crib
Also. there doesn't seem to be any phones around even though the line was in use, and there doesn't seem to be any other rooms in this house, so that's worrying.
Also, is the bathub covered by a curtain?
>>
(While we're deciding about the next option to take, I wanna spend a little more time talking about this: >>1301034 because we haven't seen it in a while.

So far there's only been one influence to this scale, but I feel like I should be a little more clear over what it is and what it does.

The emotional statistics dictate how scenes will play out in the future. The thing closest to it would probably be how in Shattered Memories you change into one of the four (five?) different Harry Masons. Of course it's not an exact replica, and the end results won't be as strict as different endings. I wanted to create an ending to the game that was unique to what the players came up with, and this seemed like a good way to do it.

So, how does one go up or down on this scale? Choices, interactions, looking at things, examining things first (again, not unlike Shattered Memories)... But it's not as direct as having four different routes. Probably the simplest way to explain what the meter does is by presenting the phrase, "It's not what you do, but how you do it". What you do is directed by you in the game. How you do it is influenced by the character's personality, thus, the emotional statistics.

Remember, you're starting from ground zero. You don't remember your name, nor do you remember what you were like. Your guess about yourself is just as valid as anyone else's at this point.

Now, we're not going to do something stupid like... 'You looked at a flower, +10 discipline'. Every decision you make will have a direct correlation to how your personality shifts.

With that said, the floor now belongs to you all.)
>>
>>1308954
Seconding this so the quest can advance.
>>
File: bathroommirror.png (147KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
bathroommirror.png
147KB, 650x500px
(You decide to check the counter.)

You walk over to the bathroom counter and check things over. Aside from the sink there doesn't seem to be anything on the counter, but there are several drawers and a bottom cabinet that all open.

...Unfortunately there's not a lot inside. There's some cleaning liquid of generic brand below the sink, but the other cabinets are empty. You pull each drawer out to the end, and the only one with anything inside of it is the top one.

The top drawer has a few hair holders inside of it, little more than black elastic bands. There's not even a brush inside.

You catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and look over your thick, black hair. You could stand to pull your hair back if you wanted. Or you could leave it like this.

A. Pull your hair back (You see four hair ties. Please specify what style you would like.) and examine something else.

B. Leave your hair as it is and examine something else.
>>
>>1309066
>B
Check behind the bathub's curtains.
>>
>>1309071
I'm okay with that, but I'd note that it's actually not a bad idea to tie our hair back in a way that prevents them from whipping around as we turn (momentarily blinding us) or provide for something that can easily be grabbed onto.
>>
>>1309088
You are not wrong, let's do that. But if the little transparent girl sneaks up on us while doing that it's on you, anon.
>>
>>1309108
If the little transparent girl sneaks up on us, imma vote for trying to go through a wall to escape. At least it isn't a giant wasp creature coming for us.
Friggan wasps.
>>
(You now have a high ponytail.)

(You chose to look behind the shower curtain.)

The shower curtain is translucent, and you don't see anything inside of it from where you're standing. You slowly pull it back, and you're met with exactly that. There's nothing past the curtain other than a very clean tub and stationary shower head.

Even the drain is void of hair and grime.

You leave the curtain open and turn back around. You still hear nothing aside from the own sounds you make.

A. Examine something else in the bathroom.

B. Examine something else in another room.
>>
>>1309118
Well you are a strong ass bitch, you could just punch her down.
>>1309130
>A
The toilet
>>
>>1309134
Might as well use the toilet. Don't want it scared out of us later.
>>
>>1309140
Agreed. After we check for any items in it. Remember: inspired by SIlent Hill.
>>
(You chose to look at the toilet.)

You take a look at the toilet, and sure enough it's absolutely spotless. You lift the lid, and even check inside of the tank. Everything seems to be in order.

However, you do not have any urge to use it. Even if you wanted to, you don't think you could.

>>
>>1309140
>>1309146
Does anyone else think that the toilet in the map looks a little like Uboa?
>>
>>1309152
>Check the sink then head back to the bedroom
>>
>>1309152
Is there running water in the house? If so go to the sink and get a drink. Bathroom sink.
>>
>>1309161
Seconding
>>
(You chose to examine the bathroom sink.)

You turn the knob of the sink, which as you expected is clean enough for royalty, but nothing flows out. You don't even hear the suction of an empty pipe, there's just nothing there. You turn the faucet back to where it was, then leave the bathroom and go back to the bedroom.

(See >>1308819 for bedroom details and placement.)
>>
>>1309194
>Peek at the babby crib
Keep a good hold of the knife just in case.
>>
>>1309194
Examine the dresser, look at what is on top, then search it for some clothes.
>>
>>1309201
This.
>>
File: maledoll.png (219KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
maledoll.png
219KB, 1000x562px
(You chose to go to the dresser.)

The dresser is made out of a sturdy wood, holding two drawers. There is one dent on the left side, and from your guess you assume it was probably banged against a doorway on the move inside. It's not very noticeable, though.

On top of the table are two items. There is a box on the right that has five pegs sticking out of the top, and a creased line running down the middle. There are no hinges and no lock, but you pick it up and hear that there is something inside. There are no buttons, no switches... You're not completely sure how this thing operates.

Then you look at the object on your left. It's a rather boisterous, blushing figurine of sorts. It's definitely male, paired with wide nostrils, an elated smile, and a bushy black beard painted on. You can see the brush strokes, and while there's nothing magnificent about this doll it does seem to be well crafted.

You also see a little line down the middle of this doll... And then it hits you. You've seen one of these before. It's a Russian nesting egg doll. You had one as a child, with a farm animal theme. A cow on the outside, working down to a sheep, a pig, a duck, and a little chick.

You obtained another memory.

Despite the questionable expression on this doll's face, it fills you with a little bit of happiness to see something like this.

You're standing at the dresser.

A. Further examine the Russian doll.

B. Try to examine the box further.

C. Open the dresser drawers.

D. (Please specify.)
>>
>>1309234
Look behind us, then open the dresser drawers.
>>
>>1309234
Open the doll, but before that do what >>1309245 said
>>
File: greenjacketandshorts.png (66KB, 193x629px) Image search: [Google]
greenjacketandshorts.png
66KB, 193x629px
(You chose to open the dresser.)

You look over your shoulder, catching a glimpse of the angel through the doorway sitting right where you left it. The kitchen is partially visible as well, and the bedroom is as you left it.

You turn back to the drawer and start at the top. Inside is a rather bulky (even slightly bulky for you) green jacket with two hand pockets in the side. You run your hand inside of the drawer, feeling nothing else, then shut it. You bend slightly to reach the bottom drawer, and inside is a pair of short cargo shorts and an empty bottle of nailpolish. You don't really see how the latter can be of any use to you, but the cargo shorts also have two hand pockets.

(Jacket stats: +4 small item storage, 2 in each pocket.

Short stats +4 small item storage, 2 in each pocket.

Point of reference: A small object ranges somewhere from any minute object to something the size of a D battery.)

A. Wear one of the items (Specify which one.)

B. Wear all of the clothes.

C. Wear none of the clothes.

(Picture is what the two would look like combined.)
>>
>>1309245
Agreed.
Am I the only one who thinks we should later try to fit the five candles into the five indentations?
>>
>>1309298
With your items combined.. I AM CLOTHED!
>>
>>1309298
>B. Wear all of the clothes.
>>
>>1309298
>b wear all the clothes
Allright niggers I'm going to sleep but remember to go back for angelbro now that we have pockets.
>>
Can we try opening the Russian nesting doll?
>>
>>1309326
Pretty sure angeltrap is too big (hurr hurr) to fit.
>>
File: physical sheet 2.png (244KB, 1120x1000px) Image search: [Google]
physical sheet 2.png
244KB, 1120x1000px
>>1309302

(There are pegs sticking out of the box, not indentions. This is important. >>1309234)

>>1309326

(I want to give everyone a heads up with this that the angel figurine is about 6 inches in height. You're not going to be able to fit it in these pockets. Small objects can be no bigger than a D battery.

But you may find something soon that will be able to fit larger items. Also, updated physical sheet, more will be filled out when found.)

(You put on all of the clothes.)

You slip into the jacket and clumsily fumble around into the shorts. They both seem to fit you fine. You push your hands in the pockets and find that they are all empty. You take a look at yourself in the mirror and feel satisfied.

(You are standing at the front of the dresser, newly clothed.)

A. Examine the doll futher.

B. Examine the box further.

C. Examine something else.
>>
>>1309470
>Examine the doll
>>
File: doll lineup.png (320KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
doll lineup.png
320KB, 1000x562px
(You examine the doll.)

You take the Russian doll into your hand and feel enough weight to assume that there's more than just the one. You look over the doll in your hand and find that at the bottom of the doll there's a little hole.

You rest the doll on the table and unscrew the top, finding another inside. It's a female doll, coupled with a green dress and brown hair, her lips painted candy red. You find that she's also holding something inside and separate her to reveal another female doll. This one smaller, more of a young lady than a matron figure like the former. Again you lift the top off of the doll to find another inside. This time, a young, blonde boy with a small frown on his face. And, finally, the last doll is a tiny girl, complete with a painted bow on her head and a teddy bear under her shawl.

The last doll has no line to open her, and you take her in your hand to inspect her. You find that at the bottom there's a groove the same size and length of the one in the first doll. You pour the bottom halves out and inspect them... Sure enough, they all have that indention.

You look at the box sitting next to the dolls and pick up the smallest doll. You put her on top of one of the pegs and, sure enough, it's a perfect fit.

You screw the tops and bottoms together for each one and line them up left to right from tallest to shortest. They look like a little family.

You're facing the doll puzzle with no dolls on the pegs.

(Please specify what you would like to do after reading the rules below.)

(CONGRATULATIONS, YOU JUST FOUND YOUR FIRST PUZZLE!

Because this is the first puzzle, let me explain how this works. Most of you have already figured out that the dolls are going to go on the pegs. There are five pegs, and five dolls. Your job is to arrange them in the proper order.

Now, how are you going to do this in text form? Easy. Just list out the ones you want going from left to right, from left to right.

For example, if you wanted to place the dolls in the picture-shown order onto the box, you would type:

Father...Mother...Daughter...Son...Child

Because there are two girls we won't use daughter twice. Those are the names you'll be using for this puzzle. You can discuss the puzzle as much as you like, but when you're ready to make an attempt you'll have to list out how you want to put the dolls. For the sake of maintaining order, you will vote on the arrangement you feel is correct and the one with the most votes will be attempted first.

Remember, you will be allowed as many attempts as you like, so there's no need to rush. Also if you list, like, 8 attempts in a row simultaneously... Just don't be that guy.

You may ask any questions at any time, and if you feel like you need to leave the puzzle and come back to it, you may if it has the popular vote.)
>>
>>1309573
Father Mother Daughter Son Child
Son Father Mother Daughter Child
Son Father Mother Child Daughter
Father Son Child Daughter Mother
>>
It probably has to do with the candles, so...
Father Child Daughter Son Mother
>>
>>1309606
I agree it's the candles, but it seems to me like it would be,
father, child, mother, daughter, son
>>
>>1309647
*of course it's also possible that we were viewing the candles from the wrong side of the table (meaning it would be the inverse).
>>
File: fcdsm.png (316KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
fcdsm.png
316KB, 1000x562px
>>1309606

(You place the order of dolls in the position:

Father Child Daughter Son Mother

...Nothing happens.)
>>
File: fcmds.png (317KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
fcmds.png
317KB, 1000x562px
>>1309647

You place the order of dolls in the position:

father, child, mother, daughter, son

...Nothing happens.
>>
>>1309676
>>1309680
Could we try the reverse of these two?
>>
File: sdmcf.png (316KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
sdmcf.png
316KB, 1000x562px
>>1309676

You place the order of the dolls in the position:

Mother Son Daughter Child Father

...Nothing happens.

>>1309680

You place the order of dolls in the position:

Son Daughter Mother Child Father

...You hear two clicking noises. When you try to move the Son and the Daughter, you find that you can not.
>>
>>1309768
Okay so I'm guessing the lenght of the candelabra counts.
Let's go with
son, daughter, father, mother, child.

...he's not smiling.
The son. Why is he not smiling?
>>
>>1310191
Cause inside there is a little girl wanting out.
>>
File: dollscorrectplacement.png (317KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
dollscorrectplacement.png
317KB, 1000x562px
You place the order of the remaining dolls in the position:

X X Father Mother Child

You hear three clicking noises. The top of the box jolts a bit, and you notice that the box has opened. You take off the dolls, to make opening it a little less awkward, and rest them all on the side.
>>
>>1310208
Lets open the box pointing away from us, encase there is a trap inside.
>>
>>1310216
Or spiders.
>>
File: chest contents.png (242KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
chest contents.png
242KB, 1000x562px
>>1310208

You open the box and find two things.

The first is a small key. It's not labeled, but as far as your knowledge extends there's one locked compartment in the living room and one locked door that leads outside.

Of course, you haven't checked everything you've seen, yet.

The second looks like a business card. It's a plain, white piece of card stock with a spool of purple thread on the left. The name on the card reads: "Anna's Tailoring", followed by a phone number at the bottom. There's nothing on the back of the card.

Both of these 2 items are small items. You have 8/8 remaining storage on small items.

A. Take the key.

B. Take the card.

C. Take both.

D. Take neither.
>>
>>1310220
>C. Take both.
Lets go to the living room, and cross reference the phone number with an address.
>>
>>1310208
Victory!

>>1310224
Seconding.
But have we checked the piece of furtniture next to the bed? I can't remember.
>>
>>1310229
Forgot bout the night stand.
Lets examine that first.
>>
File: phonerings.png (277KB, 900x1100px) Image search: [Google]
phonerings.png
277KB, 900x1100px
(You chose to check the night stand.)

You make your way to the night stand, kneeling down and giving it a look-over. It's solid, well-made. There's a compartment in the front that pulls open with a hook ring, but you notice that there's a keyhole underneath. When you try to pull the compartment door open you confirm that it's locked. You run your hands over the sides and determine that the front cabinet door is the only door that leads to the interior.

You'll need a key if you want to open the cabinet door.

Your ears tickle with the presence of a new noise. The phone in the living room is ringing.

>>
>>1310282
(Also you took both of the items, they are in your pocket inventory.)
>>
>>1310282
RUSH TO DA PHONE!
>>
>>1310282
Normally, I would REEE at having to specifically prompt for something as mundane as trying out the key in our possession on each keyhole we find, however this IS a Silent Hill-esque quest, so if we're gonna get attacked by a mutated baby hiding inside a cabinet, it's got to be because of a deliberate decision by the players.

Also PHONE!
>>
File: phone.png (180KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
phone.png
180KB, 900x600px
>>1310312
(Would you guys prefer if I gave the keys names instead of having to figure it out? Pretty sure that's a fair thing to do because there are a LOT of locks. I might do that actually to save time. Never mind, I'm going to do that from now on.)

You have obtained the [Phone Desk Key].

You have obtained the business card [Anna's Tailoring].

(There we go. Will this be okay for you guys?)

(You chose to check the phone)

You rise from your knees, intending to make a straight line to the ringing phone. Your feet make loud 'thud's down the hallway as you walk briskly, but you come to a full halt when a resounding 'CRACK' echoes through the house. You instinctively retreat, turning to put your back against the wall.

You freeze, holding every part of your body still. A minute passes, and there is no other noise. Another, and nothing. Even your eyes are like stone, unwavering and immobile. Slowly, you begin to inch your way down the wall, your feet becoming colder with each step you take towards the living room. You hold the knife in your left hand, the closest to the archway, and stop just before you're about to turn the corner. You listen intently, drowning out even the noise of your heart beating in your chest.

"Hello? Hello? Pick up the phone. It's your mother."

To say it surprises you is an understatement. Still, with your knife raised, you turn the corner and see that the phone may as well have been thrown off the counter. The base has been completely destroyed, number keys and metal chips strewn about the room, wires frayed and torn at the edges... Some parts you've never even seen before are laying open, with the case like a empty, corpse-like husk.

However the receiver has been untouched, the cord connecting the two parts of the device intact. And from it comes a voice you've never heard in your life.

"Well, I guess you're not there. I'm just letting you know that I'm leaving in about an hour. I'll stay at Dillon's, like you asked me to, but I'm getting tired of that hotel. They know me on a first name basis, that's how many times I've been in there."

Whoever is talking is undoubtedly female. The voice is stern, almost arrogant. Even from your position you can hear how high this woman must carry herself. There's the rasp of age in there, as well, although you don't think this is the voice of an elder.

"I know you don't have a car, so I'll take a cab to visit your home. No more dodging around it, I will see it this time. And you don't need to be walking that sort of distance, anyway. I don't even know how you make it to the clinic for your checkups. I've got to go, I just called to let you know I'm leaving shortly. I'll see you when I'm there."

There's a click, and you stand over the obliterated mechanism with a blank face, processing what you've just heard. The pieces of the phone simply lay there. You don't think you can fix it.

You are standing at (see reference: >>1305876)

>>
>>1310377
Old desk phones like that were made of iron or steel, so if it was destroyed like that, lets panic.
Internally panic, while not making noises.
oh and lets
>Look around, then open phone drawer cautiously.
>>
>>1310377
Mh, I don't know, seems a bit too convenient.
In actuality, despite what I said in my post, I think I would be fine with just "auto-testing" every key in our possession whenever encountering a lock on something ordinary (i.e. non ominous), like the cabinet. Something that seems safe enough that it's a given we players will want to try and open it ASAP.
When it comes to doors to other rooms or the outside, or weird shit (like say, a tetrahedron box with demonic carvings) of course we will want to vote on whether and when we open it.

Anyway, new prompt.
I find it a little regretful we were given no option to rush to the receiver before "Mom" hung up. I would have prompted to shout in it "Send the police to this house!".
Too late now.

Seems pointless or even counterproductive to go look for who or what smashed the phone. Let's go open that cabinet.
>>
>>1310405
*cabinet
meant phone drawer.
>>
>>1310407
It wasn't a go looking for thing look, it was a make sure it wasn't still in the room look.
>>
>>1310377
>look behind you
>check the phone drawer
>>
>>1310459
>look behind you
I thought it might go without saying that we need to be extra alert, but just in case, backing.
>>
File: phonedrawer.png (251KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
phonedrawer.png
251KB, 900x600px
>>1310405
(The phone wasn't meant to be interactive, of course, it's hard to portray that in a cyoa-ish game. If it was a visual video game, the phone would have been considered part of a cutscene. That's one of the better control aspects of video games, because when they want the player to just observe they can show a cinematic.

I do animate occasionally. If it doesn't take too much time I might try to make that a thing for those kinds of scenes. For the time being, whenever you're not able to interact with anything, there's a reason for it. It's not trying to limit you, rather I'm trying to give you material and let you know you need to observe what's going on rather than try to work with it.

Let's move on, though, because we've got a LOT more ahead of us. I didn't think the first area would take 4 days to get through. I know /qst/ is slow, but still.)

(You chose to try to unlock the phone drawer.)

You stay dead silent for another moment, not a single sound passing in the house. The cold that had gathered seems to have all but dissipated, and your feet are much warmer. Quietly and cautiously you turn behind you and examine the area. You seem to be the only one in the house, at least as far as you can tell. You turn and look at the desecrated phone, taking care to step over the jagged pieces until you're in front of the phone desk. You take the little silver key from your pocket and push it into the keyhole.

It's a perfect fit.

You turn the key and hear the slight click of an unlocked latch. You open the drawer slowly.

There are two items inside of the drawer. One is another key, seemingly made out of brass or bronze.

There is also a pamphlet of a large building surrounded in golden haze. The sky is washed with warm pinks and lilacs, sun hiding behind a layer of clouds... You can't tell if this is a sunrise or sunset, but it's warm and beautiful. Te text at the top says 'Dillon's', and at the bottom there are the small letters 'An absolute vision'.

You fold open the pamphlet and, indeed, it's an advertisement for Dillon's Hotel and Resort. There are quite a few amenities... Pool, golf course, four star in-house restaurant, free laundry service... Then you notice that the rooms don't have any prices listed next to them, and you have the feeling that they probably aren't cheap.

The rooms that are displayed in picture form are impressive. Warm, brown throws and furniture... Save for the presidential suite. The presidential suite is pictured as a blue paradise of all shades and a modern style.

Next to the suite is written: 500A... You assume this is probably a room number.

The [Dillon's Advertising Pamphlet] has been added to your Quest Inventory (unlimited).

This key is a small item. You have 6/8 remaining storage on small items.

A. Take they key.

B. Leave the key.
>>
>>1310505
>A
Never leave keys behind senpai
>>
>>1310505
>A. Take they key.
>>
(You take the key.)

The [???? Key] has been added to your pocket inventory.

You remember that the front door leading outside is locked, and so is the cabinet in the bedroom. You also know that there's a door opposite of the living room that you haven't so much as touched, yet.

>>
>>1310602
Go check on angeltrap first. I suspect that its face might be changed now.
>>
>>1310505
>the better control aspects of video games
If you don't mind me saying it OP, I feel like attempting to implement videogame-like mechanics is something you may have been trying to do a little too hard.
I mean, I'm enjoying the quest a lot, but sometimes it does feel a bit stiff.
One example that comes to mind is the "examine further command". Is it really necessary to have us first find items and then waste a "turn" waiting for us to request to examine them further? I mean, unless there is a time limit or we haven't scouted the room for possible dangers yet, OF COURSE we're going to examine everything further. You know we will and we know we will. So might as well examine items to the fullest right away (much in the same way as you know we're going to try our keys on every lock, no need to wait for the prompt).

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand where you're coming from because I used to do the same thing when roleplaying. Ultimately though, I decided my experience with videogames was pretty much like a crutch: it could be useful here and there, but it's not something to always rely on or you'll find that it's more limiting than helpful.
In the case of the phone call making this, and other events like that, a "cutscene" effectively limited our options in a way that can be necessary in a videogame (which cannot adapt and deviate the flow of the story based on actions by the players the programmers couldn't predict) but may be more rigid than what a quest could be. Of course, there are times when you want to rein in your players so that your vision for the quest can be fulfilled and that's fine (though some people may start screaming "railroading!!") but I recommend providing in-universe reasons (in this case it could be "the MC was frozen with terror") rather than say it was a non-interactive cutscene.

This is of course just my little piece of constructive criticism. The quest is yours to run as you please and I am, all in all, very satisfied with it so far.

And of course we're taking the key. That's another example right there: our inventory is not full and as >>1310520 says, we won't ever, under normal circumstances, leave a key behind. It's really not something you need to ask us whether to do or not. MC can pick keys up automatically so long as we can carry them.
>>
>>1310613
Backing this.
Then we can try the new key on the front door and, if it doesn't work, on the black door opposite to the living room (if it isn't already open).
>>
(Again a heads up because tornadoes are on the ground and if the power goes out it'll be an early night. Apparently there are quite a few this time.)

>>1310620

(I mean everything you say makes sense. I can turn on 'auto' and just type it all out, but my worry is stepping over and doing something you guys don't want to do. I'll do more thorough examinations as things come, save for when you first enter a room (because the players should determine the order of examination).

Just be prepared for later down the line when you start discovering more things. You won't have enough space to hold everything, and sacrificing objects for others is a relatively important part of the game. Aside from the 'quest items', which are infinite. But until something like that comes up, I'll go ahead and assume you guys want to pick up everything you find. If not, though, you're going to have to holler at me and let me know.

I did read your post and I agree, and I'm happy people have been participating and giving input. Don't doubt that, but I'm gonna cut this specific discussion short on my end because big bad storms are rolling in and we need content.)

(You chose to go back to the kitchen and examine the angel.)

You pop back into the kitchen. Everything seems to be normal and all objects are accounted for. The angel is right where you left it, still giving off that bashful little smile.

You then walk down to the hall and try the bronze key on the front door.

It doesn't go into the keyhole at all. This key does not match the front door's lock.

You turn back, and look over the last visible door that you haven't tried yet. You see that there is a keyhole and you attempt to use the bronze key to unlock it.

You get a similar response. It seems the key does not fit in this door, either.

>>
>>1310791
Be careful bout the tornadoes.

Lets go to the bedroom and try the lock on the cabinet.
>>
>>1310802
Seconded.
>>
>>1310791
Damn you tornadoes, leave our QM alone!

That all sounds great. I agree we should be given as direct control as possible when first entering a new room.
And yes, while we can we will surely want to ratpack as much as possible. Unless of course the item as some kind of evil aura (a key with a demon head on its end? Ask us. An item with an arrow pointing to it and the words "Don't you dare take this you motherfuckers!"? We may have to give that one some pondering).

I'm glad I could help and don't worry, questing is always a growing experience for all parts involved.

So I assume the door is locked. Okay then, back to the bedroom cabinet I guess?
>>
>>1310791
Damn you tornadoes, leave our QM alone!

That all sounds great. I agree we should be given as direct control as possible when first entering a new room.
And yes, while we can we will surely want to ratpack as much as possible. Unless of course the item as some kind of evil aura (a key with a demon head on its end? Ask us. An item with an arrow pointing to it and the words "Don't you dare take this you motherfuckers!"? We may have to give that one some pondering).

I'm glad I could help and don't worry, questing is always a growing experience for all parts involved.

So I assume the door is locked. Okay then, back to the bedroom cabinet I guess?
>>
>>1310825
Sorry about the double post guys, my connection killed itself as I was sending it and I had to change router, didn't realize it had actually made it through.
>>
File: satchel.png (269KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
satchel.png
269KB, 800x600px
(You chose to go to the bedroom cabinet.)

You walk down the hall and make your way to the nightstand, kneeling down and lining up the bronze key with the lock.

It's a perfect fit. You turn the key and open up the cabinet slowly.

You find what you first thing is a purse, but upon further inspection you see the straps are too long. You resolve in your mind that this is a satchel. It's probably average size... You don't recall any memories that would deem you a satchel expert, but this seems normal.

There's basic stitching around the seams, as well as a silver buckle on the front. You squeeze the canvas gently and feel that there's something... No, there are several things inside.

(1/2)
>>
File: satchelcontents.png (287KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
satchelcontents.png
287KB, 800x600px
>>1310871

You pop the front snap open and part the canvas flap.

The first thing you find is a purple wallet with a golden clasp. You set the satchel down and dig into the wallet... And it's empty. However, there are about 20 compartments in total that look as if they would fit business cards. You take out the [Anna's Tailoring Business Card] from your pocket and slide it into the wallet... And it's a perfect fit.

You dig a bit deeper and discover another card, this one beige and textured. A red outline of what appears to be a pregnant woman is on the front, along with the symbol of some kind of foliage inside of a circle outline. The right side reads: "Saint George", followed by "Women's Health and OBGYN". There's an address as well as a phone number on the card. You slide the [Saint George's OBGYN Business Card] into the wallet. You currently have 18/20 free slots.

The last thing you find is a key ring with one key on it labeled 'home'. At a glance you're not completely sure how many keys could fit on this ring.

You slide both the [Phone Desk Key] and the [Bronze Key] onto the loop, and have 3 keys in total.

Your pockets now have 8/8 small item storage.

With the wallet in your satchel, you have 3/4 available medium storage slots. (A medium item is any item up to 6 inches. A wallet, a cup, a letter, etc...)

You are standing in front of the nightstand with you newly found satchel and its contents.

>>
>>1310924
(2/2)
>>
>>1310932
Does angel fit in satchel?
>>
>>1310924
Righteous, let's go test the new key on the door opposite the living room.
>>
>>1310956
Try door, but be cautious.
>>
>>1310949
(The angel could fit in the satchel, yes.

Could.)
>>
>>1310924
Go for the angel. It's not right to leave it in a creepy place like this.
>>
>>1310988
We are not leaving just yet though.
>>
(You chose to try the door opposite to the living room.)

With your newly acquired satchel draped over your shoulder you make your way down the hall and stop in front of the room opposite of the living room. You take the key marked 'home' and line it against the keyhole.

It does not even begin to fit. This key does not go to this lock.

You go back to the kitchen and, sure enough, the angel is exactly where you left it. You gently grasp the smiling figure with your hand and place it inside of your satchel. You take extra care to make sure it's not going to break inside, then snap the flap back over and make sure it's shut tight.

The [White Angel Figure] has been added to your satchel.

Your satchel now has 2/4 medium storage spaces remaining.

>>
>>1311000
Head to the other locked door and try the keys on it. But first peek through the keyhole, just in case.
>>
>>1311004
Peek in the keyhole.
Forewarned is forearmed.
>>
>>1311004

(You chose to look through the front door's keyhole.)

You walk quietly to the front door, looking over at the demolished phone on your way. You push the key against the keyhole and it's a perfect fit.

You withdraw the key, the door still locked, and crouch down. You place both hands on the door and look through the keyhole. You keep your eye at a reasonable distance from the small hole, as well.

...Nothing. Legitimately nothing, it's just darkness. There's no outline of any objects, no glow from any light... Nothing.

...Come to think of it, you would have no way of knowing whether or not it was night or day outside. It's very possible that this is just natural darkness in an unlit part of... Wherever you are.

Of course you have no way of knowing whether or not this is actually the case.

Do you unlock and open the front door?
>>
>>1311052
Guess we don't have another choice, do we? Maybe the "moonlight" on this other room will spill into this one?
>>
>>1311052
I don't think there's anything left for us to do in the house, is there?
Before we do anything though, how are we currently carrying the knife? Still in hand or were we able to fit it into something?
>>
>>1311052
Do we need shoes, if we go outside.
>>
File: physical sheet 2.png (274KB, 1120x1000px) Image search: [Google]
physical sheet 2.png
274KB, 1120x1000px
>>1311106

(The knife is equipped. The only items you won't see on this sheet are the business cards, I'm making a new sheet for that now.)

>>1311141

(You may look for shoes if you like, but you've already explored... Pretty much the entire house sans the locked room.)
>>
>>1311149
Alright then, keep knife at ready and open the door.
>>
>>1311163
I'm okay with keeping the knife out, but I was wondering if we have any way to put it away should we want to (either to use both hands or to not look like a maniac).
>>
>>1311181
(Yes, storage for weapons is automatic. I had a system for weapons that isn't going to work, so until you guys find another one let's just say you can equip and store the knife as you please. Just for now.

So you're confirmed to exit the house, correct? Cautiously, of course.)
>>
>>1311215
Didn't we unlock the locked room instead of the outside?
>>
>>1311222
(No, the key did not go to that door.

>>1311000
>>1311052

You found that the 'Home' key fits with the front door, but you didn't unlock it yet.)
>>
>>1311232
Ok lets exit, I'm pretty sure that who or whatever broke the phone is in the locked room anyway so its better to just get out of the house. Preferrebly locking the door behind us.
>>
>>1311215
I'm willing and ready to face the darkness.
>>
(You chose to exit through the front door.)

You take the 'Home' key, the key ring dangling and gently nudging the side of your hand. Slowly you insert they key and turn, listening for any indication of something else anywhere near you. Nothing. Not even the cold that tormented your bare feet has so much as graced you recently.

You withdraw the key and put it back in your satchel, then turn the knob of the front door.

(Please roll a 1d20.)
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>1311287
>>
>>1311304
Oh the ten. A nice, happily neutral number for when you are afraid of getting killed by a ghost that hates telephones.
>>
(Did I mention this before? I probably didn't, but every one can roll one per turn when prompted to and I will take the higher number.

...I recommend one other person gives it a shot, at least. 10... Ain't great for this situation.)
>>
Rolled 9 (1d20)

>>1311304
>>1311397
fug ok
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1311397
Here then.
>>
>>1311397
If someone rolls a 20, could a dead pizza delivery person be outside?
>>
>>1311437
(If someone rolls a 20 by the time I'm done doing the drawing for this then yes, we shall include a dead pizza delivery person in some way.)
>>
>>1311447
For heaven's sake, somebody roll a 20.
Our character is probably starving.
>>
>>1311457
I'd probably be cautious about eating food from a dead man.
>>
File: outside.png (224KB, 822x900px) Image search: [Google]
outside.png
224KB, 822x900px
(Taking high roll of 14.)

You turn the handle completely, holding it for a second before the door makes a small 'pop' noise, perhaps from the wood being warped. You hold it for a second, then slowly begin to push the door open.

But it doesn't matter. No matter how careful you would have been it wouldn't have mattered. At least, that's what you tell yourself when the floor seemingly falls out from under your feet. You don't panic, you don't even scream-- It happens too quickly for your brain to register. The only thing below your feet is an opaque night, a pungent darkness that seeks to swallow you whole.

A sound equivalent to white noise fills your ears, buzzing like a thousand bees in your brain, stinging and screaming inside of your head. Your arms flail on their own accord, searching for a saving grace to grab on to... Nothing. The moonlight shines on your shoulders, abandoning your bottom half and forfeiting you to the abyss below.

Your mouth hangs agape as you begin to sink into the black void. You can't even close your eyes. All you can do is stare, motionless, and accept this.

The humming in your head reaches a level of insanity you didn't know was possible. Your ears ache, and your brain has emptied itself of all thought to make room for the audio intruder. It reaches a peak, the absolute pinnacle of torture.

And then, a voice that you heard not long ago speaks to you. It is different this time. It is not afraid. It is not desperate, nor miserable. It is soft, gentle, and you feel safer than you've ever felt in your entire life.

"Don't worry. I've got you."

You believe her.

(Aaaand that's where we're going to stop for tonight, folks. Gotta get some illustrations ready for part 2 of this crazy ride and we're finalizing more puzzles..

A couple things before we break, I've noticed that our page counter keeps dropping, as we get lower and lower on the list. Not to worry, we are FAR from done, just keep this thread pinned and when it runs out of time I'll link a new one to it.

We're gonna start up tomorrow morning, which will be in about 15 hours. Until then, go home and go to bed, complain about what you didn't like, ask questions (I'll be idle in this thread while I work)... Do whatever you like, and thank you for your interest. I'll see you all tomorrow morning with some spoopy goodness.)
>>
>>1311582
Really looking forward to the next part senpai.
>>
>>1311582
Excellent quest.
Don't need more spoopyness, wasps are sneaking in and trying to get me.
>>
>>1311582
Thethread is in autosage. You may want to consider starting a new one; now seems like a good time.

Wait, if we couldn't have done anything, then what were we rolling for? Luck? Fate?
>>
>>1311662
The place we fall in?
Maybe the transparent loli wouldn't have shown up.
>>
>>1311662
(That sounds like a good idea. STARTING TOMORROW MORNING: New thread. Be there. If you're into it.

10 or below and you would have either taken a significant amount of damage, or lost an item. You would not have died, though, I don't believe in killing off players without warning them that their lives are in danger. Save for combat. Whenever combat is happening, anything can happen. I don't do chance rolls very often because I don't like randomly taking away things from players. This situation, however, could have been incredibly dangerous... As falling into an abyss of nothingness tends to be. But you won't be randomly walking down the street and then lose your spaghetti, I promise that.)
>>
>>1311760
>I don't do chance rolls very often because I don't like randomly taking away things from players.
That's good. It just seems a little weird to roll for something that's (otherwise) completely out of our hands (as the character and as players).
Would have felt more natural maybe if it was hinted that our mental fortitude attracted our savior. Without anything in-universe to connect the die roll to, it kinda comes off as a more complex version of "Hey guys, heads you win, tail you lose" and it breaks immersion a bit.

But hey, it's no biggie. I'm just a little perplexed but otherwise happy with this.
>>
>>1311760
Aww But that's the best time to lose one's pasta.
>>
NEW THREAD:

>>1313913
>>1313913
>>1313913
Thread posts: 296
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.