[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Revolver Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

The story sets in a planet called Terran, a world ravaged by hundreds of years of battle between technology and magic. This war was later known as the First Great War of Terran. Demons, monsters, creatures of the night and cultist worshipping ruinous powers roam the land even after centuries have passed since the end of war. New kingdoms appear along side the ones surviving slowly rise from the ashes and restoring civilisation to the people and yet thousands dies everyday. The multitude of kingdoms across Terrans lack the manpower to handle the ever rising threats left by the First Great War of Terran, and so starts depending on the help of bounty hunters, mercenaries and adventurers. The main character of this quest is Garm, a mercenary from the west sent by the Free Arms Guild to check upon a monster infestation plaguing a backwater village's farm. Simple stuff, he thought as he signed up for this mission. Garm is a no-name mercenary and like any others he couldn't have known any better. A fist full of coins to survive another day is as good as any other after all.
>>
You have my attention, OP.
>>
About the main character:
Garm wears a brown boss of the plains hat, a gas mask, a light brown trench coat, a white inner wit a magically infused (minor) protective vest worn over it and combat pants. His left arm is replaced with cybernetics (he still haven't finished paying for it). A man of average build, he as i said before is not a chosen hero of any kind fighting for a moral high ground, just a no-name mercenary.

Equipments:
-R24 revolver that can fit multiple types of ammunition. Can only hold 6 bullets at a time.
-GR18 semi-automatic rifle for long range combat. Can hold 10 bullets per magazine.
-Battery charged power axe
-3 sonic grenades

Ammunitions:
-30 regular revolver bullets
-20 Spitfire (incendiary) revolver
bullets
-3 Hellfire revolver bullets (Hellfire can burn the target inside out granted it can pierce deep enough and the target is not too large, otherwise it just explode bigger than Spitfire)
-20 rifle rounds
-4 power battery (one battery can be used 8 times)
(Keep track of ammo count, you don't want to be caught with an unloaded gun)

Intro:
A rusty bike rode across the village swiftly, the sound of it's engine can be heard even from the farm. Anna drew a relieved breath, she knew that the mercenary have arrived as none of the people who lives near the village have any motor vehicle. It seems that the request to eradicate the monster infestation aroud the farm that she sent to the Free Arms Guild have been accepted. If possible, she didn't want to rely on mercenaries but the kingdom soldiers could not expend their men to help some bacwater village at the edge the the kingdom. Soon, the bike reaches its destination and its rider walks toward Anna to confirm who commisioned the request.

Garm : Hey little girl, yer parents sent you here to fetch mister mercenary eh?

Anna : Watch your mouth, mercenary! I'm the one who commisioned this request on the behalf of the villagers and my grandma, and that means I can make you work extra for the reward. And for your information, I'm not a little girl, I'm already 14 this year.

Garm : Alright then young lady, show me the way! I'll grant you the privilege of watching a professional at work. Tell me, what am i dealing with today anyway?

Anna : Thanks but no thanks. I would rather lie down and rest while you do your job. The farm is infested with overgrown grasshoppers and oh boy do they bite when you bother them. Our harvest this year is ruined because of them. Meanwhile goblins are ransacking our village and harming traders. They are hiding in the temple ruins deep inside the forest. Now go do your work, chop chop!

>Should i deal with the bugs or the goblins first?
>>
>>1296199
>Goblins

People can live with a bad harvest; what they can't live without is the support of traders after said bad harvest.
>>
>>1296199

bugs
Always the bugs
The only good bug is a dead bug
Also this looks like something
Also how strong are the monster if power wepons we get to start with??
>>
>>1296231

Honestly we need to kill both of them
And looks like the job is to kill both of them
The treaders will only come if theres food / things to buy so meed to stop the bugs for that.
Then we go goblin slaying for phat loot
>>
>>1296231
Garm : The village could survive with a single bad harvest, but they most certainly won't if their stockpiled foods are stolen by those goblins. No traders coming here means they wont be able to restock too. I guess killing tose little bastards takes priority.

Anna : Glad you got your priorities sorted out!

Garm : Hey! Didn't you say you wanted to go back home and re-

Ah there she goes running off back into the farm house, turning around for a moment to stick her tongue out at me.....
I should go around the village first though to find out more about the goblins. Better safe than sorry after all.

(I know this is a bit boring but i want to explain the combat system first before really going into the story by making the first group of enemy weaker ie you fight the large insects while its still eating and vice versa.)
>>
>>1296264
>>1296259
Oops didnt see you guys fuck
>>
>>1296277

Its just one of me
Its ok just keep rolling
Out what we doing.
Would combate be a d20 an a action?
>>
>>1296283
If d20 is good with you then imma roll with it
Also yea
Imma go bath 4 a while
>>
I drove my bike back to the village and parked it next to the inn. The villagers looked at me funny, mostly because a motor vehicle is rarely seen outside a technologically advanced kingdom, much less in one relying on magic. I talked a bit with the villagers.

Villager 1 : Damn greenskins stole my boots last night! And my favourite ones at that! Just wait until I get my hands on them for stealing me precious boots!

Villager 2 : My poor children couldnt sleep at night fearing that the goblins might take them away while they are sleeping.

Villager 3 : We men of the villagers must now stand guard at the warehouse every night because of those goblins. Why i ought'ta give them goblins a good beating or two. Why i haven't done that already...well...err...oh look a flying squirrel!

>with this information i can deduce that.....
>>
>>1296338
Well, I suppose that the goblins are looking for labor, supplies, and equipment. This seems indicative of gearing for a battle of some kind.

Perhaps there's some sort of activity or entity in the forest that's causing them to behave like this?
>>
>>1296349
Could something or someone somehow influencing the goblins one way or another? As i ponder on this thought, a fat man wearing a rather gaudy outfit accompanied by tall and scrawny man with similar outfit.

Fat Merch. : Hey! Wait! *pant* Mercenary!

The fat merchant is catching his breath as I stood infront of him, his companion no different.

Fat Merch. : You...you... mercenary... I have an offer for you....

Garm : Whoa, whoa take a deep breath first will ya?

Fat Merch. : Oh yes of course excuse me.
*Really deep breath*
Okay...mercenary! I have a proposal for you

Garm : Well spit it out fast. I need to kill these goblins before nightfall.

Fat Merch. : Why you...! Arghh it doesn't matter. The goblins stole my sapphire ring. Its not just any ring, its the prof of my connection to the most influencial house in this kingdom. Get it back from those accursed goblins and i will reward you handsomely. Do you get it mercenary, I want that ring with no scratch on it!

Garm : Firstly my name is Garm, and secondly I cant make any promises but i will try. But you better uphold your end of the bargain.

Fat Merch. : So the deal is sealed, yes? Do not dissapoint me mercenary.

And there he goes walking all high and mighty into the inn....
(All right, primary objective, kill all goblins. Secondary objective, recover the Fat Merchant's ring unscathed.)
>>
I traversed deep into the forest and approached the temple ruins carefully. A few goblins walked about lazily around the temple ruin, guarding it during the day. Goblins are not very active during the day though so dispatching the guard would be easy.

4 goblins stood guard infront of the ruin. 1 nearest to me, 1 walks around the ruin and 2 guards the entrance. I should engage the nearest ones first

Should I :
>Shoot it with my revolver ( Regular ammo)
>Swing my power axe (Charged)
>Swing my power axe (not charged)
>>
>>1296426
>Power axe (uncharged)

Stealth is our ally right now. After this, I vote that we dispatch with of the two guards, Hunt down the roamer, and infiltrate.
>>
>>1296426

Go around the cave and dispatch the wandering goblin with the uncharged axe, this way we take one out while still unoticed
>>
>>1296457
>>1296491
Roll d20=8
I managed to get a clean hit on the first goblin with my axe uncharged. As i tried to take down the roamer it managed to let out squel before it dies, prompting one of the goblin guarding the entrance to check it out. What should i do?

>Cover's blown, might as well use the revolver
>Prepare to go melee on these goblin's ass
>Try to hide, they might not realise I'm here
>>
>>1296523
>Hide

Goblins aren't known for being clever. Don't forget to also hide the body.
>>
>>1296533
Roll d20=10
I quickly jumped into the nearest bush dragging along the dead body of the roamer goblin. The guard goblin seems tohave not realised the trail of blood leading to the bush I'm hiding in. Goblins have heightened sense but this is mitigated during the day.
>>
Afterwards i managed to kill the goblin that was checking the squaling sound. The one guarding was easy pickings too. Now the real challenge is killing every goblin hiding in this ruin, they could even be hiding inside the crevices of the sealing for all I know. As I entered the ruins, i was shocked to see the temple hall crawling with goblins guarding a single shaman which i presume is the leader. This is very clear as the shaman is wearing cremonial clothing, Villager 1's favourite pair of boots (which is indeed a very beautful boots) and...the Fat Merchant's sapphire ring! Stealth is out of the question due to the sheer number of goblins present. As I took position I.......

>Fire Spitfire round to kill a large amount of goblins at once
>Ready my rifle to snipe the shaman
>Charge my axe
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>1296559
Oh hay im at work.
Hmm so your doing all the rolling for us?
Thats new.
Normaly you would let the olayers do that and you know how to roll useing the options i 4chan?
dice1+d20
Ir you could roll argest us its up to you
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>1296585

>Fire Spitfire round to kill a large amount of goblins at once
>>
>>1296589
Im fucking stupid i know and im new to quest and 4 chan as a whole
>>
>>1296592
The shot missed the center of the goblins and hit the ones rallying on the sides. About 8 of them is killed while the majority is bewildered by the sudden attack. There is about 27 goblins left a d the shaman goblin. I proceed to....

>Line my rifle to snipe the shaman
>Fire another spitfire round
>Run away
>>
>>1296585
>Snipe the Shaman
>Standing at the gates, deal with the now disorganized group of goblins.
>>
>>1296632
Roll 1d20=15
Yes! The shaman was shot staright in between the eye, its (stolen) belongings unharmed. The goblins are now in disarray and just about half of them are charging directly at me. Retreated back to the entrance of the rtemple ruins so I can fight them in smaller spaces as to not get swarmed. The goblins are dfwaing near.

>Fire a Spitfire round
>throw a sonic grenade
>charge power axe
>>
Hooo boy its 1:08 in the morning and i need to sleep so i will see the decision tomorrow
Or later in the morning whatever
>>
>>1296661
Sonic grenade.
>>
>>1296661
>Power axe

I mean, they're gobos. They're not going to be that big of a deal. Let's save the Sonic for the giant grasshoppers.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>1296661

>Fire a Spitfire round
>>
>>1296936
What is with me rolling 3 6s??
>>
>>1296938
He rolls for us so you don't have to roll.

>>1296661
Under the name field there's the options field, just type dice+[number of dice]d[size of the dice]

So if you want to roll 3d25s dice+3d25.
>>
>>1297072

I thought i explaned that bit too him
Idk his new but hil get the hang of it soon enguh.
At frist but if you look higher up he took one of my rolls for thr action
So idk ask him for more info when he gets back
>>
>>1297072
>>1297228
I will roll for this round but you guys will roll for the others
>>
>>1296936
>>1296773
I fired a Spitfire round at those goblins. Sadly it only kills the ones charging infront. I charge my power axe as I brace myself against the swarm of goblins. Its easy to slice a bunch of them at once since they are all trying to get at me at once in a tight corridor. Some of them managed to score a hit on me, missed my vital organs though. Some even tried to chew my (mechanical) left arm but to no avail. Killed some stragglers along the way as i re-entered the temple hall. Theres not much to loot as the few surviving goblins took off with most of their stolen things. Fortunately the shaman goblin's body is left untouched. I retrieved the Fat Merchant's sapphire ring and Villager 1's favourite pair of boots along with some gold coins found on the goblins.
>>
As i roamed around the temple to find any human prisoners in the temple's dungeon, I realised there are footprints, well, shoeprints, human ones alongside the goblin's. I find this rather peculiar as there are regular human footprints too but its owner seems to be dragged in and out of the dungeon. The shoeprint however walked beside the goblin's. Could someone had been giving orders to the goblins somehow? And most suspicious of all is that the shoeprint starts and ends at the temple's altar, the prisoners dragged footprints ends there too. But I digress, my work is to kill these goblins, nothing more, nothing less. Although, I can't shook off the feeling that something terribly wrong is about to happen. I swiftly returned to the village to collect my reward from the Fat Merchant.
>>
(Starting from now the story will progress in Anna's point of view)

About Anna :
Anna is a 14 year-old girl living in backwater village. She wears a white dress and dark red vest. Anna is a prodigal mage, capable of casting basic spells like fireball without basic understanding of fundamentals of magic. She's an orphan and lives with her grandma who owns the village farm. The village owes much of their food to her family.

Spellz :
-Fireball (As poweful as a Spitfire round, uses 1 mana)
-Lightning Bolt (Long range spell, uses 2 mana)
-Lesser earth golem (Familiar that can be summoned for combat, uses 5 mana)

(Anna have 10 mana in total, she cannot cast magic without it)
>>
(Anna POV)

Grandma : I'd better see the lights out before midnight young lady or you'll be in serious trouble! And I better not find you playing with magic when I get up there, you wouldn't want to set fire on your room again would you?
Anna : Ugh....yes grandma.

I havent seen the mercenary since this afternoon, I wonder if he's goblin chow by now. Oh well, not my problem! I cant seem to shut my eyes tonight, mostly because of the noise made by those bugs back at the farm. The sound is slowly getting louder. What should i do to kill some time?

> Play with fireball
> Play with lightning sparks
> Play with Barry the golem
>>
>>1298683
>Barry

Like she said, let's not burn the house down.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.