[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quest of Dai Shan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Crossbow Kid.png (77KB, 723x890px) Image search: [Google]
Crossbow Kid.png
77KB, 723x890px
Dai Shan, an ancient land once ignored by all is now a forefront interest of the world. In the absence of free movement through the seas, this place has become a crossroad of trade between some of the mightiest nations of the world. And yet, its steep mountains, harsh jungles, and sturdy peoples prevent this place from ever being fully conquered by a single power.

Many peoples call this place home. There are of course, the various tribes who first inhabited this land. Constantly in conflict with one another for hundreds of years, unless they unite, they will pose little risk to the bigger players. The proud Rajas of the west, secure in their long history lay claim to the land by right of battle. Their military might is impressive but their constant bickering will likely prevent them from making any substantial gains. To the east lies the dying empire of Sihai, once again on the eve of a most vicious internal war for supremacy. Their holdings are weak and ambitious officials seek to claim these lands for themselves. The central lands possess many kingdoms that sprout and die with ease. The only constant here is the Federation of City States. Controlled by cunning merchants, it has survived all. The highlands of the North are home to a single kingdom. One that is constantly accosted by demons and their ilk. Left to their own devices, the land is considered by all to be simply not worth the trouble. Should the kingdom fall however, the demons would have free access to the rest of Dai Shan. To the south, a once mighty sea faring republic lies all but destroyed as Zorostrians take this land for their god and the nomadic peoples raid the countryside in the confusion. From the far west, traders bearing the orange flag and soldiers of the checkerboard flag look on with patience, waiting for the right moment to make a play. Finally, the island peoples of the far south, so easily forgotten. Refusing to be subjugated, they razed their ancestral homes and conjured malevolent spirits to make them uninhabitable, deciding to take their chances on the mainland. They slipped past the Zorostrian armada and set their sights on the north.

Through all this you accompany an orphaned lad named Nhek, a foolish boy who drank a concoction from a mischievous witch with the assurance that it would help him rise to greatness. Now both assisted and tormented by a manner of spirits (you), he seeks to improve his lot in life and perhaps find happiness. Clothed in a rice sack and a rusty kettle helmet, with only a crossbow to his name, he begins his adventure.
>>
"Oi Nhek, where are you, you little shit?"

Nhek groaned, his head throbbing as his face rose out of the mud puddle that he had fallen into last night after drinking the witch's concoction. As his eyes adjust to the morning light, the familiar ugly face of the resident Sihai man gone native, make its appearance. To most, he is simply known as Shi.

"There you a-- Oi, were you drinking last night!?!?! You better not be holding out on me you little tribal piece of crap or I'll sell you to the slavers!"

He picks up the witch's canteen which lies nearby and sniffs it.

"Deeuugh, smells like a bad brew, and I can guess who made it."

An image of a very pretty lady with the most untrustworthy expression humanly possible flashes through Nhek's mind.

"I'm surprised you're still alive, I imagine it won't be that way for long. Don't worry, I'll have a drink in your memory. Or several. Bwahaha!"

Nhek stands up from the puddle and fixes his kettle helmet.

"What kind of idiot drinks what a witch gives him. Aren't you tribals supposed to be afraid of them? How could you ever think it was a good idea?"

>"She told me it would make me powerful. Strong enough to not have to live this kind of life."
>"Yeah, I realize that was dumb. Let's just stop talking about it."
>"After I drank it, she said Spirits would seek me out. What should I do?"
>"Are you missing a new tooth, Shi? If you keep getting punched in the face there won't be any left for you to eat with."
>Remain silent.
>Write In
>>
>>1289601
>"Are you missing a new tooth, Shi? If you keep getting punched in the face there won't be any left for you to eat with."

>the most untrustworthy expression humanly possible
Was it a smug loli witch?
>>
>>1289716
>Was it a smug loli witch?
Mostly smug, not so much loli.

--

"Are you missing a new tooth, Shi? If you keep getting punched in the face there won't be any left for you to eat with."

Nhek is met with the lovely sight of Shi getting very red in the face which usually predates an imminent physical altercation of some sort.

"Ohoho, so you noticed? I think I'll take out some of yours so we can be a matching pair."

Shi removes his sword belt and chucks it to the ground before tackling Nhek back into the mud.

Roll for grappling. There is a -30 point penalty for being an untrained child going up against a grown ass man.
>>
>>1289748
*roll a d100

Oops.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d100)

>>1289748
Can we just run away and hope he embarrasingly slips in the mud?
>>
>>1289772
>"Can we just run away and hope he embarrasingly slips in the mud?"

No such luck.

--

Nhek wrestles with Shi in the mud yet neither are able to gain an advantage over the other. Maybe it's because they're both malnourished bums or perhaps Shi really is that weak. Either way, this pathetic display continues for some time until a couple of new faces come onto the scene.

"Ah, Shi, I see you found our resident guide."

Nhek and Shi stop trying to kill each other for a moment and gaze at their new arrivals. The man clad in simple but good quality robes and a simple central lander turban can only be Khlot, the "boss" of these two muddy fools. With an arquebus resting across his shoulders, a Zorostrian Shamshir on his belt, and an amused expression, he is a very imposing figure. To his left is Sang, a vengeful looking woman clad in simple clothes and a rice hat. She carries her Handgonne like a club and clearly intends to beat Shi and Nhek over the head with it if they don't stop fighting.

The two muddy idiots cease their conflict and get up.

"Heya, Khlot, me and Nhek here were just having a bit of fun, ehehehe."

"Right. Anyways, a good job came in today and we're going to need everybody to do it. Especially you Nhek. It's too early for this shit and it's better if we wait for everyone to show up before explaining the details. There's still some time if you want to do anything in town, but I imagine you're hungry. Just show up before noon."

He gestures to Sang. "Make sure Shi doesn't throw another fit in town before the job is done."

She nods silently and starts ushering Shi in the direction of the camp. Khlot starts walking towards the Jungle without a further word.

"Hey wait Sang, I still gotta go visit Um in town, there's still plenty of time after all, bwahahaha!"

Sang's handgonne finds itself once again held like a club.

"Hey you crazy bitch I just told yo-- Wait stop! Fuck off already!"

Sang begins to chase Shi to the camp.

Left to your own devices. What do you do?

>Head to the camp with Shi and Sang
>Follow Khlot and see where he is going
>Head to town to see if anything is going on
>Go to the outskirts in hopes of finding the witch
>write in
>>
Gonna stop for now. Feel free to make your choice and I will continue tomorrow.

To be honest I had a different idea on how I'd do this but I guess I'll wait and see if more people become interested before trying it out.
>>
>>1289863
>Head to town to see if anything is going on
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.