[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Birth of a Civilization VII

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2

Welcome back to BoaC
Notto disu shitto again:

The Chieftain doesn't inform the tribes of the severe consequences of our diplomatic mission, instead he wants to prepare them right away.

He observed the Northern Teals gathering around in a small, open space, where they fight each other for glory. The Chieftain has a better use for that idea.

He takes a couple of stakes and rams them into the ground, outside the village.
Within these borders, he proclaims, all disputes will be settled, by combat.
The Skewjo aren't very fond of that idea, and urge the Chieftain to think of the children.
They propose to use this battleground for religious ceremonies instead, lest either Sun or Moon feel neglected.

Though neither know it yet, the fate of this primitive construct, will dictate our future.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're new and interested in playing, here's how it works:
Everyone decides what our People will do next.
All decisions are made by democratic majority vote.
If multiple decisions are made, only those that do not conflict each other will happen.
Rolling 100 overrides a majority decision.
Multiple cases of rolling 100 will happen in order they were rolled.
Everyone may only roll once per pending decision.
Major historical events, may still occur if the point of Origin remains outside our nation's control. (e.g If we don't own Macedonia by 200BC, Alexander the Great happens, no matter what)
Major Historical events may still occur, if our Nation hosts similar conditions as the Nations we currently occupy, as they would have at the appropriate time.
(e.g If we own Rome after 700BC and our King [you] does some more than questionable decisions, we will become a Republic)
Tripfagging is strongly encouraged!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
A decision has been made last thread already, there will be an immediate update after first post.
>>
The Chieftain gives up on his idea, though not quite persuaded into the ritualistic usage of the field, the warriors approach him as well.
They ask for it to be a training field, though they can't really convince him either, so he makes concessions to both.

The Chieftain proudly declares to the tribes, that to settle our differences once and for all, every month we will hold a tournament - 10 warriors of Sun and Moon will fight each other until they are either on the ground or injured.
The winning team's deity shall be everyone's Patron until the next tournament.

Everyone seems content with that solution, even the Skewjo approve of it, though reluctantly.

In between Tournaments, the first to third day of the week will be for the Warriors to train. The fifth to seventh day will be for the Skewjo to hold ceremonies and festivals.
the fourth day will be for the Chieftain to hold grand announcements and for our people to rest.
>>
>>1289318
>Promote spear throwing and archery.
We need better ranged combat abilities, especially if we intend to fight from fortifications.
>>
>>1289766
That's already the War Meta, remember Head-shot culture.
>>
The trial will be made out of three trials
1. The hunt: two hunters for both the sun and the moon will be sent out on a hunt, the one who can find the biggest and ample game wins the trial
2. Archery: both sides pick a runner and a shooter, the goal is to land a headshoot on the other sides runner, only heasshoots count, if both sides miss or both hit, it is judged by how far the runner got and how many arrows are used.Non lethal arrows are used

3. Combat: 6 warriors vs 6 warriors. A warrior is knocked out of the melee once they fall to the ground. If a warrior kills another warrior their team is disqualified and loses the melee

This tournament will also decide what holidays we celebrate that until the next tournament (ex: fertillity festival if moon harvest festival if sun)
>>
>>1290114
let me fix that up for you.

deity specific holiday celebration is a given, as the winning team forces their Patron onto both tribes.

Melee combat has already been decided by the Chieftain, to be a 10v10, touching the ground with anything but your hands and feet, or getting injured, no matter how minor, means you're out.

I'm giving you a chance to rephrase your idea, as you want to add 2 additional games to the tournament.
>>
>>1290106
I meant we could found archery competitions. That would be a better training than just hunting.
>>
>>1290119
Having the tournament be a month long process with 3 competitions would work
Archery competition: two men for each side, one archer and one runner. Only three arrows per archer, only non-lethal arrows are used. Runners are put in a open field far away from a elevated platform which the archers are positioned. The archers have too hit the runner in three arrows. Point based system, 1 hit equals 1 point headshot equals 3 points. Missing all the arrows is equivalent to -1. 3 rounds in the tournament. First to 45 points wins
>>
>>1290133
No. Thats terribly unsafe. The tourney is fine the way it is now.
>>
>>1290144
I'm mostly making this suggestion so that our archers have more practice and our soldiers become more experinced with what to do when faced with archers
Also, how is this too dangerous?
>>
>>1290155
all of ours Archers are Hunters (and vice versa) you'd think chasing after animals, and shooting them in medium-range in the middle of a forest, would be plenty of training already.
>>
>>1290155
>implying blunted arrows take away from the danger of bows in any efficient margin
>implying headshots should be encouraged at all

Ever actually go to an archery range?
Ever shot a bow?
If you're implying we shoot these arrows with extremly weak bows the meta goes against us.
If you're implying we use warbows then we will have lots of dead runners

If we optimize to hunting bows there will still be inevitable deaths and injuries

Its unsafe as shit.

>>1290159
Also this
>>
>>1290164
(Then again modern arrows and bows dont apply a fair comparison, but its still really unsafe)
>>
>>1290164
I agree with this guy, it's too dangerous.
>>
well good thing you guys agree on something
all you need to do now is find a decision for the next round.
>>
>>1289318
Well ok. Most of our construction is probably shit. Do we readily use fire to aid in construction? If we control it properly we could shape and better cut fallen trees.

Otherwise I think marking the forests and clearing/orginizing the undergrowth would be a worthwhile project. To make hunting easier.

Ummmmm. Yeah I cant really think of anything else
>>
>>1290183
we don't
we don't even know what clay is
>>
>>1290192
Uh.
Do we even know how to use fire?
>>
>>1290198
We aren't cavemen, we have advanced technology from uh....1000 years in the past....but I swear, we can catch up, question is whether we actually will.
We have bronze technology......just no way to mine.....or identify copper....but hey that's what the Royal blacksmith thing was for.
>>
>>1290192
Let's go learn what clay is then.
>>
>>1290205
Maybe learning how to make better wood buildings too.
>>
>>1290201
I think we'll learn how to identify copper just in time for the Bronze Age Collapse
>>
>>1290219
like I said, the Blacksmith knows, that's why we established the system of apprentice girls, being bound to the Chieftain via royal marriage (not to himself tho, at least this first generation).
>>
>>1290229
Welp, I'm gonna vote for smaller social things to make life easier.
Pottery:we discovered clay and jusy never did anything with it. Start fucking with it, molding it, shaping it and just trying to figure out it's properties.
Stone cutting:The Egyptians used stone and granite to cut lime stone. Really I just want the basics to be made, bash rocks to get smaller rocks to make rock walls.
Shift working:Hunting, farming, wood working, cooking and all of the other stuff should be split up so one person doesn't work all day and also equally spreads out experience between more then one person.
>Hopefully it will give the blacksmith girls more experience.
>>
>>1290285
just a small thing
we do have stone tools, the reason we're not into stone masonry yet, is because we have no solid rock deposits nearby.
This is a geographical issue, we didn't have before migrating.
>>
>>1290229
Is society at a point where we could send tribesmen to other places as merchants and learn about the culture they're staying in while selling goods? Probably not the smaller tribes, but it seems like a worthwhile idea with the Prussians. It's not spying or anything that convoluted, just allowing our people to explore and learn about other cultures and their achievements while also helping with our trade on a personal level rather than between tribes.
>>
>>1290393
I feel this would be the quickest way in experiencing to technologies and allowing our tribe to develop and modernize at a much faster rate than just trying to figure everything out for ourselves while being a couple centuries behind.
>>
>>1290393
Eh......
No, but we can, this would require someone - namely the guy(s) we're sending - to specialize in trading, but we have no such thing.
>>
>>1290399
Could the chief pick a volunteer to be trained in trade/diplomacy and have them act as our first real trader or would that be to weird of a move to make?
>>
>>1290407
kinda weird, but not out of the question.
I should note that yet again, the Blacksmith is the only person to go to regarding that, as that's how he originally got his Bronze and copper
>>
>>1290565
Would any of his apprentices be able to go, or would we need the blacksmith to teach someone the values and differences between different kinds of metalwork? I don't think we should send the blacksmith himself, but this seems like a really good way to update our technology and if he's willing..
>>
>>1290636
I don't think the apprentice girls will make a good impression, even the most egalitarian tribal society is gonna frown upon women doing any sort of work, let alone representation.
And the Blacksmith, as we have concluded multiple times already, is too important to involve in anything but smithing.
>>
>>1290650
then male volunteer it is, he doesn't need to know how to actually blacksmith, just the differences in metalworking and trade. Would that work?
>>
>>1290656
technically.
Tho I'm off to bed now, so update will be tomorrow, assuming you reached a decision until then.
>>
Rolled 74 (1d100)

>>1290669
>>
>>1290192
>>1290285
>>1290669
I think we should maybe try to shape and use that weird dirt stuff we found and work it into our building construction as a way to help cool our homes. (some of us assumed it was clay, we could be wrong, but everyone loves AC)
I do not think lighting our forests on fire is a good idea, we have plenty of farming and grazing lands for the time being.
I also think we should focus on breeding and husbanding our current livestock, as with more people we will need more meat.
>>
>>1290883
We have a to low of a population to sustain more live stock currently.
>We would if we raid other and take men and women.
>>
>>1291014
>Raid people who are superior to us militarily
Anon

>>1290669
I'm voitng for
>Learn to use clay and finally invent pottery
>>
>>1292618
>Learn to use clay and finally invent pottery
I don't think we can just learn stuff we don't know yet.
"Try to get more weather resilient storage materials" might be more apt
>>
>>1292700
>>1292618
Why not both?
Play with clay and figure out it's properties and fine better ways to preserve/store food stock
>>
>>1293034
Well yeah, that pretty much was the point of clay for most civilzations anyway. Also does this mean you guys don't want to try >>1290393
>>1290397
>>
>>1293356
Ill second both of those action. Pick a witty and smart guy to he the trader,
>>
No trading we CCCP now
>>
>>1293034
this is good
>>
So, to restate everything agreed abd proposed.
>We agreed on:
Playing with the grey, sticky stuff we found the other day.
Pick the smartest and wittiest man to start going around to semi-peaceful, peaceful and neutral tribe to try to trade and learn about their culture in a non-espionage way.
Find out better ways to dry, stock and store food for emergency or siege.

>Things that haven't been voted on or agreed on.
Working in shifts to maximize labor.
Go to the Prussian lands to find a merchant to buy a Stalion and Mares from.
Play with and experiment with new bow tech to make the arrows fly either faster or farther.
>>
>>1298962
>Play with and experiment with new bow tech to make the arrows fly either faster or farther.
this
>>
>>1301321
Thrid, it's an action now I guess
>>
Ho boi, I just got back to find myself with like 6 decisions all at once.
Holy meme lads, take it easy.
>>
>>1301541
no, this is serious business.
>>
File: 1490394933891.jpg (187KB, 1228x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1490394933891.jpg
187KB, 1228x2048px
If we have any goals for our religion we should probably discuss the dickishness of our gods
Do we want them to do shit like this or be more benevolent?
>>
>>1301541
We're literally building a civilization. The only thing bigger is my coc- I mean ego.

>>1302394
I mean, I was never one for the religious part of a civilization. However if you are go ahead and do what you think is best.
>>
>>1302404
I think what we should do is something like
>Sun: female god: God of passion, fertillity, warmth,lust, wrath, war, and daughters
>Moon: male god: God of logic, carfts, cold, wisdom, appathy, peace, and sons
Both are two different faces of the same god, leaders are supposed to find a balance between the two faces while civilians chose there own path
Im still not sure if these are good enough though
>>
>>1303146
It seems like a good way to balance out how religious beliefs, I'm all for it.
>>1302404
Religion, while not as important in modern times for most people, is pretty important as it gives our people a sense of understanding for the world around them, as well as develop a face for our cultural identity. Our Gods act as mascots that give us a sense of self and helps drive our people further, especially those with religious zeal. Overall, as civilization, a well developed belief system helps to build up civilizations, despite modern day views on religion, so making sure we get our gods straight is probably a good idea.
>>
>>1303146
This sounds like a good start with a sense of duality with in our religion. I can get behind this. But again I'll leave religious things to others.

>>1303459
I don't think it irrelevant I'm just not or ever have been a religious guy. So I don't know much about any outside if the basics. So not wanting to mess shit up I want those who understand it more to make decisions.
>That said, I am in collage with a a major in world history and minor in history of war so I can make logic bases choices.
>>
christ we're at 7 decisions now.
Honestly, if this goes on, I'll just start the new thread with that.
I can easily stomp 3 posts out of that
>>
>>1303146
I think we should switch son and daughter since we want women to be blacksmiths and need soldiers
>>
>>1304529
Make a new thread OP
>>
>>1304588
consider this :
Sun is a Woman, but man most protect woman, thus Warriors fight to protect her beauty.
Moon is a man, but woman must groom man, thus Priestesses live to protect his brilliance
>>
>>1304702
Sounds good
>>
>>1303889
Nah it's fair to have that mind set. It is pretty important in earlier times though so it's just a good Idea to develop early. If we ever make it to a later point in civilization then it won't matter as much, but for now it's kind of like a place holder for until our science is developed enough that we realize the sun is in fact not a curvy lady but a giant ball of plasmic gas. It also helps make a more distinct identity that our people will feel pride in. You should never underestimate a human's ability to do anything, even both the most horrifying acts and craziest feats imaginable, because they think they're in the right and everything they do is ultimately good.
>>
>>1306605
Even then we could probably come up with some shit like "she is only represented by the sun"
>>
Are you dead OP?
>>
>>1310234
yes.
I got so much shit to do and type out your decisions
I might as well be.
>>
Bump
Anyone still here?
>>
>>1317742
Yes, I am there, incidentally I finally have the time to actually get back to updating.
Get ready for new thread.
>>
new thread is up
>>1318333
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.