[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dawn of Worlds I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: freshworld.png (111KB, 4801x4801px) Image search: [Google]
freshworld.png
111KB, 4801x4801px
Rolled 1, 4 = 5 (2d6)

Old thread
>>1283569

This is the new thread. To learn to play this game, please check out the OP of the old thread. It takes about ten to fifteen minutes.

I will create, modify, and delete house rules to expand, customize, and fine tune this game. Suggestions are not only welcome, but demanded.

If things get too silly with the number of players we receive, there will be a cap. At this point, more strict drop-rules will be observed.

RP is entirely optional.
If someone wants to establish an OOC thread, go ahead.

I recommend the use of a grid overlay of 100 by 100 to aid in accurate measuring.

To start off with, if you think the dimensions or scale of the map is inappropriate, say so.

---

Rolling for starting points
>>
File: freshworld.png (140KB, 4801x4801px) Image search: [Google]
freshworld.png
140KB, 4801x4801px
>>1288123
Oh, and I'll keep track of the turn order. Please notify if you are dropping in or out, and wait until the end of the turn order to hop in.

I create an extension of the mountain ridge, for 3pp. I have 2pp left.
>>
Really oughta get a hex grid or something on that, OP.

Reposting rules from >>1283569 (except the booklet) because I'm lazy and don't want to keep excess tabs open.

Dawn of Worlds is a collaborative World Building exercise where the players are gods in a new world. They can choose to work together as a pantheon for their combined prosperity or compete as they struggle for dominance.

Submit Gods like so
>God Name
>Domain/Sphere of Influence
>Alignment (Lawful, Unaligned or Chaotic)
>Personality Traits e.g. Aggressive, Cruel, Protective, Secretive, etc. You must have at least two Personality Traits and a max of five.
>Appearance (Optional) e.g. a Giant Six armed humanoid with golden skin and no eyes.

Rule Changes (In addition to the attached PDF)
-Start with 2d6+5 Power Point, and gain 2d6+4 Power Points each round, with the bonus decreasing each round until it reaches 0.
-1 inch=2 Hexes on the Map I'll post next.
-If a player is inactive for three rounds, they are removed
-Players can act in any order, regardless of their points.
-Race Creation undergoes the following changes
>Races have three Personality Traits. They must share at least one Personality Trait with their parent god, who decides their personality traits. These effect how the race acts. Lots of Corruption/Purification can affect their traits. A sub-race must share at least one trait with the parent race.
>Races also have physical traits, stuff like Long-Lived, Regeneration, Flight, etc. They can have any number of these, with real-life average humans serving as the base. When a players makes a race, they list as many of these as they want but if I or another player feels they are OP, they can veto the race's creation until the other player changes the trait. Same applies with subraces
>>
File: cannotunsee.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
cannotunsee.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>1288131
Fuck off with those shit rules my man, this is my thread. You don't have to do any of that bullshit.

DELET THIS
>>
>>1288123
Woo! I'm glad cause this idea seems fun, died too soon. As far as the map goes, if it's just to b on one island, it's pretty good, but If you wana do a more world thing like last thread, I suggest adding a bit more in atleast one direction, aswell as having less stuff already placed. Gives more creative room for the goods to play.

Also, are we creating our own gods like last time?
>>
>>1288137
Then why did you tell people to use the old rules and specifically tell them to check out OP, instead of the DoW rulesbook?

Also, there's no scale on the map and no idea how big anything is supposed to be.
>>
File: 1427758175581.gif (57KB, 74x98px)
1427758175581.gif
57KB, 74x98px
>>1288143
Creating your own god is optional. I'm going to wait a while personally before I commit to anything.
If you don't want to RP, you don't have to. If you want to, go ahead.
If you want to carve away part of the islands, or extend parts, you can. Too lazy to make a new map.

>>1288147
Fuck, I'm sorry. I meant to say "check out the OP - IMAGE - of the last thread". Woops. I'm also a bit drunk.
>>
Rolled 1, 6 = 7 (2d6)

>>1288159
Welp, Ok I guess. Gonna make a god just for the sake of making it tho.

>Name: Kolth'ak
>Domain: Life, Change, Death
>Alignment: Lawful
>Appearance: A giant floating ball of flesh. The flesh constantly looks like something large is wriggling under it. Limbs, faces, body parts, and other shapes occasionally melt out of one portion of the ball only to arc back into the flesh.

Rollin for points.
>>
>>1288175
I will then use 3 of my points to carve a bottomless pit onto the island in the bottom left.

This leaves me at 4 points.
>>
>>1288190
Fug. Please draw your own pictures. Forgot to mention that as well. Shieet.
>>
File: 1490047393720.png (181KB, 4801x4801px) Image search: [Google]
1490047393720.png
181KB, 4801x4801px
>>1288192
Alright, but you're seriously gonna have to create a grid or something, cause otherwise I can't tell the distance of what's allowed or cost.
>>
Rolled 5, 6 = 11 (2d6)

>God Name: Zimuth
>Domain: Solar, Heavenly spirits, Glyphs and Runes
>Alignment: Unaligned
>Personality Traits: Gentle, Frightening, likes offerings of silver, favorite shape is circles, favorite buildings are towers.
>Appearance: Kindly normal humanoid with head surrounded by a physical halo radiating awe.
>>
File: yellow.png (7KB, 300x300px)
yellow.png
7KB, 300x300px
>>1288424
I assume we go on a 1 turn every hour system, right?
>event: the invention of the heavenly writing, the glyphs of the gods, by myself. this system allows the transcribing of the names of the gods and other heavenly spirits, and allowing magic through the words of power they represent. The first of these I place in the sky to give form to the formless lights, making the sun.
>>
>>1288123
>Merian
>Domain: the sea
>Personality: Tempestuous, Generous, Wrathful
>Appearance: A fishheaded man dressed in driftwood armour, wielding a barbed fishing spear
>>
Oh, the thread was dead or at least inactive... that's a shame.
>>
Rolled 6, 4 = 10 (2d6)

>Name: Bor the Bold
>Domain: Ancestory and Progression
>Alignment: Chaotic Good
>Personality: Bold, Trustworthy, Stubborn, Hot Headed, Loyal to his Word
>Appearance: An 8 foot Barbarian holding a two headed ax, one side rusty the other polished, riding a cloud with hundreds off arrows piercing his chest
>>
>>1293858
>>1288294
Bor the Bold chooses to use all of his points to take the little island from the upper left corner and use it to create a breeding spawn for the Brothers of Bor
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.