[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cryptid Survival Quest 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: Cryptid Quest 2.png (2MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Cryptid Quest 2.png
2MB, 3000x3000px
What the fuck do we do in this Quest?
-Your goal is to survive one year on this plot of land.
-Every night a random Cryptid will appear and attempt to kill you and your partner(s)
-By morning it will disappear.
-They cannot appear in the house but they can spawn absolutely anywhere outside the house.
-Where they initially spawn is usually random but they will be within 3000 feet of your house usually.
-When they spawn is also random. It may happen as soon as night falls or it may happen a few hours later.
-You must stay on the plot of land and cannot leave it for the whole year.
-If you survive the year you will get 50 million dollars and any partners or boon you have may also stay with you.
-Cryptids can be killed by conventional means, but some may be harder to kill than others.
--------------
Synopsis of the Story so far!
------------------
It's day 3 of the year long quest to survive!
-Beaten Giant Grasshopper
-Beaten Yuki-Onna
-Received a small gem from the giant grasshopper and a chest of tools from the Yuki-Onna
-A map of the island detailing, A hospital, a school building, a post office, a town, and a cemetery was discovered.
-A possible budding romance between Donovan and Maven has occurred.
------------
(Chu was a result of the luxury food package. Sort of a fun boon on top of a boon.)
------
"Maven please don't go running off like that from now on."
>"Whatever, fine."
Maven walks off up to her room.
"Well, I guess that just leaves you and me eh Don?"
>"I guess."
"Hey Chu, what's the food storage situation look like?"
>"We good on food. Helicopter come every month with fresh supplies, you no need worry."
"Gotcha."
>"The closest location on the map is the one me and Maven went to.. We didn't really explore much, and honestly it was getting late."
"Alright, well, lead the way. Whatever we can find there might give us an edge."
>The snow seems to be gone.

1/3
>>
File: Mosswood Paper.jpg (1MB, 1050x1371px) Image search: [Google]
Mosswood Paper.jpg
1MB, 1050x1371px
>>1278137
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zRIc1Y7-PQ
>"There are three areas here as far as we can discern, the elementary, the middle school, and the high school.
"Gee Don three schools?"
>"I know it seems like a lot. Any place in particular you'd like to start? We checked out the middle school for a bit but then got out of there. We knew something was wrong when we saw snow on the ground the other day."
"Let's start with high school."
>You walk toward the large decrepit building and enter through it's doors.
>Peering down the long disheveled hallways you're already filled with uneasiness.
>You walk inside.
>You grip your gun tightly, approaching the first classroom.
>A dull white light peers through the window.
>Classroom chairs and desks covered in dust.
>There are many papers scattered on the ground but one strikes your interest.
>"What's that?"
"Mosswood school mission statement. Looks like they're not big fans of religion or superstition."
>"Somehow that's the opposite of what I was expecting to hear."
"It seems ironic doesn't it? Wonder what could have happened here."
>You find pens and pencils in the desk, but something compels you not to take them for some reason and you put them back.
>You check out the next classroom across the hall.
>Heart racing in the deafening silence.
>Nothing is here and yet..
>Every step you make echoes through the vacant school.

2/3
>>
>>1278140
>Your mind is screaming red alert, ready for something to jump out at you at any moment.
>You spot a tape on the ground and pick it up.
"What the heck is this?"
>"Here, let me see."
>He takes it from you.
>"This is an old camcorder tape."
"Oh really?"
>"Yeah. Pretty useless though unless we find the camcorder that goes with it."
"Well, I doubt this would be here unless someone was using that particular camcorder."
>"That would imply they left it behind here."
"For our sake I hope they did. We desperately need clues about what's going on here."
-------
>An hour goes by digging through the old desks and classrooms.
>You've found a firemans axe.
>It's old and covered in what looks to be dirt.
>"You gonna lug that thing around? You realize we have guns and another axe at home right?"
"I know, maybe I just don't want anyone else to get ahold of it is all."
>"Fair enough."
>One of the lockers is opened part of the way.
>You open it.
>Dust falls out, but also a camcorder partially wrapped in cloth.
"Alright yes!"
>Donovan picks up a jacket next to the camcorder.
>He rifles through the pockets a pulls out a scrap of notebook paper.
>He takes a moment and reads it.
>A grave expression forms on his face.
"Watcha got there?"
>"Nothing."
>He shoves the note into his pocket.
>You shrug and pick up the camcorder dusting it off.
>There are cords hanging off of it.
>There are etchings on the side which read:
>"UNDER THE FRIDGE."
>You pop open the door for the tape and slide the tape labeled "50" inside.
------
-You emerge from the high school with 3 hours remaining.
What will you do?

3/3
>>
Head home and check under the fridge.

Perhaps you were the first soul the government has put on the island.
>>
>>1278144
Well for starters, we could tell Don to not be like that and, if the piece of paper is not nothing to the point of throwing it back on the ground but rather it is enough of something to pocket, that he should let us see what the hell it is about.
>>
>>1278154
>>1278177
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnFbUfDXR4o
"Hey Don, about earlier."
>Donovan is facing away from you.
>"We should get back soon, it's gonna be dark."
"Don wait, hey come on, what was with that note?"
>He grits his teeth,
>"It doesn't matter! Come on, let's get back."
"Well if it doesn't matter, why didn't you just toss it on the ground instead of shoving it in your pocket?"
>He seems shocked for a moment but then composes himself.
>"It's nothing you need to concern yourself with. Anyhow, we shouldn't linger out here."
>You sigh.
------
>You get back to the house.
>You and Donovan move the fridge.
>Underneath are some floorboards which aren't nailed down.
>You pull up the floorboards.
>Inside is an old t.v with A.V jacks.
You get the thing set up in the living room.
Chu and Maven also gather around.
>"So, back from your big trip? What's all this stuff."
"Well, it's an old camcorder and a tape we found in the highschool."
>Hopefully there isn't anything disturbing on the tape..
>"You sure theres something on it Donovan?"
>Donovan remains silent.
>You turn it on and the feed plays on the t.v
-----
>"Woah hey hey hey, it's the man, Ronnie."
>He's walking through the abandoned school with his arm around a girl.
>T.v lines occasionally streak across the screen but it's mostly clear, albeit older quality.
>"Got my girl here Wildflower, a.k.a Gloria, a.k.a the sexbomb of the free world."
>"Oh stop, come on."
>"Got my man here Reggie behind the camera, Reg you wanna say hi?"
>"You can't see it but he's smiling and giving me the bird."
>"Ron, come on, why don't you tell them why you're making this?"
>"Easy easy, one thing at a time. Now Reg here was our chef, got him as a package deal with the whole deluxe dining experience. And I had the option to choose another partner, but I spent that on electronics instead. Top of the line stuff, CD players, VCRS, Arcade machines, some of them handheld, shits barely on the market right now."
>Wildflower is giggling nuzzling into Ronnie.
>"Anyhow, you wanna talk about the man, I mean, Reggie here, served a tour in Vietnam, and he's also one hell of a cook. That guy behind the camera is the REASON we're sitting here alive today. The man is a goddamn genius, learned his shit good from those Viet Cong fuckers."
>"We also get fresh food, and it's dang good, Reggie here can really cook."
>"Oh yeah, for sure."
>He pulls out a small book from his pocket.
>"You see this shit here? This, is a diary, leftover from the last people here. We were fucking around in the bedroom and saw one of the floorboards looked off. There were no nails so we lifted it up, and we found it."
>Wildflower starts chewing on something.
>"Yeah, things like 20 years old."
>She grabs the book from him.
>"See this? First date, April 17th, 1960. I was barely even born."
>He takes the book back.
>"And even weirder, the guy in it writes about finding a diary even older back in the 1950s. Shit goes deep man."

1/2
>>
>>1278302
>"Government has been doing this for a long time, why? It's anyones guess."
>"Right. But what we do know is we're not the first ones here."
>"25 Million Ronnie, what the hell are we even gonna do with it?"
>Ronnie laughs.
>"We're gonna split it, rent a fucking mansion together, and raise some kids I think, someplace, not tropical."
>She snorts a bit as she laughs.
>"Yeah, fuck the beach."
>"Anyhow, we're on day 50 right now. This shit is a cinch with Ronnie here. He rigs explosives, sets traps like the Congs did, he's a good ol' GI Joe out here. Now I'll tell you one thing and I'll tell you right now. Every tenth day."
>"Oh god."
>"Yeah every tenth day man. I mean, the other days all have their challenges, but day ten, it's like a whole nother level. Damn near lost our lives."
>"We got this. Fifty days!"
>"A whole fucking year of this shit, But.."
>Ronnie hugs Gloria close.
>"As long as we're together, we ain't got nothing to worry about."
>"I think the batterys getting low, you want me to cut it here?"
>"Yeah cut."
---
-You have about an hour left before night.
-What courses of action will you take?
>>
Can we pray to god or something? Is there a god or are there multiple gods?
>>
>>1278310
Buck down and prepare for the night I guess. Not much else to do.

>>1278326
Hey, you won't get better if you worry about things like that. ;p
>>
>>1278302
This situation with Don and his paper scrap is a classic damned if you do, damned if you don't one. If we push it, we're messing with a volatile person and it can end badly, perhaps for something that really was nothing.
If we don't it might turn out later that it would have been super useful to know whatever was written there earlier on.

Let's try this: we speak to Don privately (away from the girls, and try to get him to see this from our point of view, ask him if he realizes that given the deadly circumstances we are in, this whole "I found some info I'm keeping for myself" is naturally making us feel a bit paranoid. But we also tell him that if somehow (Lord knows how) it is something personal, we will trust him to keep it for himself, we would just really appreciate if he could at least tell us the general subject of the note. If it is about him (again, Lord knows how), the whole group, a cryptid, or if he's just found a hentai print-out he wants to jerk to and not share (we got no problem with that).
It's just that at this point for all we know it could be a warning from the future about how the government occasionally poisons the food they send and if it's something like that, true or false, as the leader of the group it would be good to know.
>>
>>1278326
>>1278423
>>1278609
>"Hey Don listen-"
>"I'm going to stay close to Maven tonight, to keep her safe."
>You pull him aside into another room.
"Look, we need to talk."
>"Can't it wait?"
"Look, do you understand we're in a fight for our lives right now? And this whole "I found some info I'm keeping for myself" is making me feel a little paranoid."
>His face seems cold.
"Look, I understand if its somehow personal, fine, keep it to yourself, but at least disclose the nature of what you found."
>He's quiet.
>"It's about death."
"Death huh?"
>"But it's not putting you, or anyone else here at risk. I just.. I think I should hang on to it for now. I don't think people should see this."
"Is it really that terrible?"
>He has a serious expression on his face.
"Fine."
>>
>>1279178
>You're sitting up on the roof at night.
>The air is rather cool tonight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfZr59XteDk
>Suddenly a reddish pulsating sphere radiates across the sky.
>It goes down and crashes into the house going straight through it.
>No one was hit, but there's a gaping crater running straight through the middle.
>Your eyes begin to burn, watering.
"Agh, Maven, what are we dealing with!?"
>Maven takes in a breath.
>It's hard to see because the ball of red light is so bright.
>"It's.. The Flatwoods Monster."
"Flatwoods what now?"
>You see a ten foot tall green grotesque looking creature with two thin arms with claw like appendages. A cowl behind the head shaped like the ace of spades. It's face blood red and circular, and its eyes emit pale blue beams in front of it.
>It begins gliding toward you.
>You fire at it but your bullets are near misses.
>The burnt, metallic odor so powerful and sickening pervades the air.
>It makes your eyes and nose burn.
>Donovan and Maven are firing at it to, but the bullets seem to curve around the creature hitting the ground beside it as it floats upward to where you're at.
>You feel your throat swelling as the monster grabs you and sinks its claws into you.
>It makes a shrill hissing noise lifting you up off the ground.
>You squirm trying to free yourself.
>The fumes so overwhelming it makes you want to vomit.
>You see yourself being taken toward the big red thing which seems to be upon closer inspection, some kind of aircraft.
>You hear gunfire and bullets being shot all around you.
>You struggle to try and free yourself against it's otherworldly strength.
>But it's no use.
>You're put inside the glowing aircraft and are flown away.
------

>After having passed out for sometime you find yourself submerged inside a vat of liquid.
>You pound against the glass.
>You see the monster.
>It speaks with a serious of hisses and clicks, some noises which almost sound like words.
>You kick against it, but it's too thick.
>How far away could it have taken you?
>Are you even in the same solar system?
>The thought of your friends being so far away terrifies you.
>Suddenly you see the space-door hatch open.
>3 people wearing cloth face covers open fire against the monster.
>It seems caught of guard and is riddled with bullets.
>They shoot open the vat and release you.
>You feel incredibly weak as you're dragged up and out by your friends.
>You pass out again.
--------

>You're back in the house on the couch, Chu has made you tea and cookies.
>"Thank goodness you ok! Monster take you away near hospital, we pursue and hunt it down. We worry you die, but you fine now!"
>You feel queasy and your body aches.
>You still feel it's claw wounds in your arms, although they've been covered by bandages.
"Fine in a relative sense. Where are Maven and Donovan."
>"They upstairs, they share room tonight."
"Oh. Wonderful."
-----
It's a few hours before dawn, what will you do?
>>
>>1279159
"Would you mind sitting with me tonight? I'd like some company..."
>Just sit and rest. Try to process what just happened.
"You seem pretty knowledgeable, would you mind telling me a bit more about yourself?"
>>
>>1279184
Dammit, I didn't get to make a joke about it being perfectly safe to keep these guys at buy with just bow and arrows, possibly a bunny hood.

Anyway, go to the bathroom, locate a mirror and inspect own ass.
No really.

After that, whatever the result, we can hang out with Chu. Hopefully she can make us feel a bit better, at least emotionally.
>>
>>1279186
(Sorry I had forgotten to post a paragraph of dialogues, so I deleted and reposted.)
>>1279245
-------------
>You go to the bathroom and make a quick "inspection" of your anal cavity and any other weird things that may have happened.
>Fortunately other than the feeling of fatigue and dizziness you're in good shape.
>You mosey on back to the couch where Chu is.
"Would you mind sitting with me tonight? I'd like some company..."
>She seems a bit caught off guard but then says,
>"Of course! I was very scared when the monster took you. But I'm glad we were able to find you and bring you back."
>You're sitting and resting trying to process what happened.
"You guys really saved my butt.. Anyhow, you seem pretty knowledgeable, would you mind telling me a bit more about yourself?"
>"Of course. My mother was stay at home Mom, but she die when I was young. Dad raise me well, teach me about how to be good cook and how to use sword."
"I see, anything else?"
>"I have no brothers or sisters. But I make some friends as chef."
"Ah. So the chef life treats you well?"
>"Being full time chef professionally very hard work. I not mind so much, but it not something I want to grow old doing. I come here so I get chance to get lots of money and never have to work again. Maybe find a nice husband after it all done, we move to countryside and have lots of babies."
"Oh.. I see.
>"How you feel about your friends become in love like that?"
>The question catches you off guard.
"It uh.. I mean, it's fine."
>"You not jealous huh?"
"Pfft, of course not. I just think something like that.. I mean, this really isn't the place for romance."
>"Why you think that?"
"Huh?"
>"How you want to stay alive when you have nothing to fight for?"
"Well, I mean, 50 million dollars is something to fight for."
>"Still, you not want woman to settle down with, or you have someone back home?"
"I mean, not really. I've been single for a while but-"
>"You need woman take care of you. You not strong enough on your own."
>Chu leans herself against you.
>Your heart thumps.
"Yeah."
>"If you want, I make you happy, I do what you like."
>You're not sure what to say.
"Uh, well.."
>She laughs.
>"You shy."
"Er.."
>"We not have to rush. You need rest anyway. I let you get sleep."
>Chu gets up.
"Chu.."
>"Yes?"
"Don't go, just yet."
-----
>You and Chu share a bed together.
>You feel her softness and wamth.
>You fall asleep together, and nothing sexual happens.
------
-You wake up feeling pretty well rested, 6 hours till night comes again.
What is it that you will do?
>>
>>1279390
That... Happened... I guess?

How about a tethering system? That way we cant be dragged of by any cryptids. Also how about some walls. Or some spikes that face outward.
>>
>>1279390
Mh, well Chu is a gold digger. We knew this from the picture in the thread's first post.
She's being very straightforward and honest about it too (definitely not in love with us yet, too soon, but not pretending to be either).

It's now up to us to decide if this is a plus or con and if we're willing to go with it or not.

It's possible of course that she's in -only- for the money and would divorce us to get half of it.
Or perhaps she just wishes to become a devoted housewife.
It's a gamble.
>>
Well i told you to act like fucking emotionless badasses...
but noooo you felt the need ro romance a fucking gold digger. Also we need to push donovan harder since he is probably going to die. Also im preaty sure we gonna turn into a cryptid or something. or we got injected with some sort of government spy drones.

>>1279421
when a monsters kidnaps you in less than 10 seconds dont think you have time to tether your self to anything. Besides i think fixing the gaping hole in the house is priority.

>>1279438
im already calling it she is some sort of shapeshifting crytid.

So tl dr: dont trust chu, donovan is a fucking retard and we need to slap some real world knowledge of horror movies into him(also he will probably die soon) and we need to fix the house since we probably have a massive hole in roof(also i pray we didnt get that shit in our armament bunker). reaserching cryptids is still second priority after damage control. We cant let ourself get ambushed like that all the time.
>>
>>1279639

Donovan does need some talking to but that's about all that I'll agree to.

The point is that you're already tethered. Dumbass. The point of a tether is that you're already tied to something, no that you tie yourself to something.

I doubt it, since she was hired by the government and this seems like an experiment by the government to see how humans interact with cryptids, so it would invalidate the experiment if we had constant contact.

I don't know whether it's on purpose or not, but you sound like such a self-righteous pretentious know-it-all.
>>
>>1279639
Well, we only found out about her being attracted to wealthy men in the first post of this thread.
And to be fair, who isn't attracted to easy money?
>>
>>1279683
Dont think limiting our movement is worth on the chance that hte next monster is gonna snatch us... thats why i didnt even think on perma tetheering our selves. Mobility and rational usually trumps in this since most of the cryptids tend to be quite erretic.

Do i really sound that know it all? oh well. Its just that some stuff is annoyingly horror movie like and we as bready knowlagable anons need to reduce the opportunity for retarded deaths. and right now we barly managed to do that.

(i know my grammar is shit)
>>
>>1279390
Start a journal/diary of all the monsters we fought, their strengths and weaknesses, what night they came on, description and how we get defeated them.

Have it in this format, a monster name, a quick description, and a drawing of it by our most capable artist, and its powers and strengths, followed by its weaknesses and how we defeated it.
>>
>>1279390
>I come here so I get chance to get lots of money and never have to work again.
>Maybe find a nice husband after it all done
Reading this again, I think I might have misunderstood something about the conversation and jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Because she says she came here to make money and then immediately brings up the intent to get married, I thought she was flat out admitting "I came here in the hope of marrying the guy that will walk away with 50 million dollars".

Now that I look again though, she clearly said she "maybe find husband" -after- all is said and done.

So the question occurred to me: how much money will Chu be paid if she lives to get off this island?
I figured it wouldn't be anywhere close to 50M, because she was supposed to just cook, not fight (supposedly she's doing that just because it's in her interest for us to stay alive and continue to protect her. And possibly because she cares).
But then again, to have accepted coming here and risking her life, she must be getting paid WAY more than she normally would to cook her world class dishes elsewhere.

So author, if I may I'd like to ask: how much is Chu getting for this job?
Because if it's a sum in the tens of millions, then she wouldn't need to marry into riches. In fact, even if she married and divorced us, she probably wouldn't get nearly as much alimony as she would otherwise.
Meaning that it would be easier for us to believe that her feelings and intentions are honest and genuine.
>>
>>1279421
>>1279438
>>1279683
>>1279768
>>1280094
>>1280252
>>1282057
>It's early in the morning. You hear the pounding of nails into wood.
>Chu seems to have already gotten out of bed.
>You take some time and write a small entry about the monsters you've seen.
>Then you walk out of bed to find Donovan and Maven hard at work repairing the house.
>Chu brings you some tea.
>You take a cup in one hand and rubbing you other hand against your forehead.
>Maven speaks.
>"You feeling alright? We were all really worried when the alien took you."
"I uh, I'm fine."
>Donovan speaks.
>"Dunno if it has to do with last night, but I wound up puking this morning."
>"Eww, I kissed you this morning!"
>"I-i brushed!"
"Gah.. I uh.. You know, I'm just gonna leave the repairs to the two of you, or three if Chu wants to help out."
>Chu gives you a curious look.
>"What you do?"
"I'm gonna go check out the hospital, hell maybe I'll even visit the town while I'm up there."
>Donovan chuckles.
>"Good luck, all the areas are so far apart unless you had someway to fast travel you'd never be able to get around. And FYI the village is the farthest location on the map."
"Gah, alright geez no need to be such a smug asshole about it."
>Chu tugs on your arm.
>"I go with."
"No, you can't, I'd hate for something to happen to you."
>"I think you forget I was one of the people who save your butt last night!"
"Ah.. Well."
>"I bring my sword, and gun. You feel safer with a helping hand."
>You sigh.
---------
>>
>>1283060
>After trekking through the dense jungles you arrive at the space-craft which no longer is glowing.
>An orange haired man in a priest outfit comes out of the space hatch.
>You raise your gun at him.
>He notices you.
>"Ah! Blarney! Yeh scared the potatas out of me!"
>Chu unsheathes her sword pointing it at him.
>"You no play dumb! I kill you if you play tricks!"
>He lets out a heavy sigh.
>"Saints preserve us, I'm not Alien or demon. I found this quare spaceship parked outside the hospital figured I'd have a look. I not no expert or nothin, but can't get the lights inside to come on inside."
"Who are you?"
>"I'm father Conell, a catholic priest on a mission from the Vatican. You wouldn't harm a man of the cloth would you?"
>You lower your weapon.
"Chu, take it easy, let's hear him out."
>She lowers her blade from his neck.
>"I knew ya could be reasoned with."
>He pulls out a pack of smokes and lights a cigarette.
>"Now, the order told me I might find others. You're on a survival mission from the government aren't you?"
"You sure know an awful lot."
>"You might find it a bit quare, but we're all on a mission too. Every 2 years or so one of us gets sent to cleanse the evil spirits, sometimes we run into the people the government sends."
"Cleanse the spirits?"
>"This place is mankey with curses, demons, the supernatural."
"Why?"
>"Can't say. But I gotta go around to the 5 mainstays of the island and cleanse them all. The order says you need a priest, but any mercenary with a bit of holy water and some luck could do just the same."
"So there are other spirits here other than the ones that come out at night? If you have holy water and stuff, would you mind sharing?"
>"I'd love to oblige you. But I don't have an unlimited supply, and it takes time to get more."
"What if we were able to kill the spirits?"
>"You'd have to come to the buildings at night, that's when they're most active. When you cleanse it, it'll drop a ribbon of sanctification. Bring me some ribbons and I'll trade you for some holy water and weapons."

Well? What will you do?
>>
>>1283072
>"I'll keep it in mind."
>"Before I go, father, would you kindly bless this weapon? I know it may be a bit blasphemous to bless a weapon, but it's better than nothing."
>>
>>1282057
No diclosure, Author?

Anyway
>>1283072
Not sure how trustworthy this guy is.
As far as I know, Holy Water while difficult to procure to begin with for someone who's not a member of the clergy, is anything but a finite resource.
Mixing some of it with a larger body of water (like half a glass into a bucket, not a lake of course) should make all of the regular water it is mixed with holy as well.
Furthermore, a member of the clergy should be able to turn regular water into Holy Water by reciting a formula
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_water#Formula

But eh, things might work differently in this setting.
This is another matter in which it'd be nice to have a direct response, in case our real world knowledge clashes with what applies in the story.
>>
>>1283407
>>1283440
>You raise your eyebrow.
"Well, before I go, can you at least bless my weapon?"
>"And bless mine too."
>He seems reluctant as you hand him your weapons.
"What's wrong?"
>"Its just.."
>He bites his lip.
>"My wife is expecting soon, I want to get back as soon as possible. I don't want to bless your weapons and then have you run off to fight your own monsters without helping me with my problem."
"So it wasn't a matter of resources was it?"
>"Well, I mean.. It uh.."
"We're in a survival setting here. Look, we can't help you get home sooner if we won't even live long enough to help you."
>"Anon is right! You not understand how hard this is!"
"That ship behind you belonged to an Alien who kidnapped me and was probably going to do God knows what with me if my friends hadn't come to save me."
>"Alright alright!"
>He takes some time to brush the weapons with holy water and say a blessing unto them.
>"Here you go."
"Thank you."
>"You are most kind."
>He sighs.
>"You'll help me won't you?"
"We'll think about it."
>"I uh.. Just so you know, these spirits, you'll want to watch out, they can take hold inside the uninitiated."
"Take hold?"
>"Possession, what a fine mess that'll turn out to be. If you can't manage to cast the spirit out on your own, just remember, I live up on a hut near the post office."
>"We keep that in mind."
>"Funny thing about that ship, I mean, I flipped all the buttons but nothing responded. Alien technology is pretty weird huh?"
"I guess."
>"I imagine if you could get it working you could probably fly around the island in a jiffy, uh, provided what you see in the movies is real.. And that flying a spacecraft is easy and all."
"I doubt it's an option, but it's interesting to note."
>He sighs.
>"I'll likely be here a long while. Come by my hut, and maybe we'll go out on the lash?"
"Uh, yeah.."

4 hours remain before sun down.
What will you do?
>>
>>1283682
Try to use the aircraft for an hour before heading back home.
>>
>>1283761
>You decide to step into the aircraft and check it out.
>It's pretty dark inside.
>"It very dark in here. How we see what we do?"
>You decide to head back to the house as you hadn't planned to bring a flashlight in broad daylight.
--
>You get back to the house.
>Donovan and Maven are hard at work covered in sweat trying to get the damage repaired.
>The repairs are rather amateur using wood from a fallen tree.
>But it's at least workable and the pace is steady.
>Maven speaks.
>"Phew, hey Anon, you mind lending us a hand here?"
"I can't, I've got to go check out the space ship, I'm going to pack some things and head out."
>"We try to see if we get spaceship to work, then we fly all time."
>Maven sighs getting back to work.
>Chu looks concerned.
>"Arigato Maven chan. I make you good meal after we take care of monster tonight."
>"Phew.. If this keeps up I'm gonna have some real guns on me by the end of the year."
>Chu smiles squeezing Mavens bicep.
>"It good for you, you get toned. Better than gym!"
>Maven laughs,
>"Ha, I feel like I've got a 24 hour membership right now. Never worked so hard in my life."
>"Maven pass me those nails over there please."
>"Sure thing Don."
>You finish packing.
"Hey Chu, time to go."
>"Ok. Good luck you two!"
>They both force a smile and wave goodbye.
>>
>>1287499
>You're back at the ship and properly equipped.
>You click on your flashlights and get inside.
>You get the chills remembering how scary this place was for you last night.
>Chu walks around and starts flipping switches and hitting buttons.
>You do the same.
>You continue to poke around the ship which isn't particularly massive.
"Well, we didn't crash, so the ship should still be in working order."
>"Maybe when we shoot we hit something?"
"I can't imagine it's that easy if a few bullets shut the whole thing down, I think most of them hit the target."
>"Maybe it out of gas?"
"You might be right. But then, how the heck do we fuel it?"
>Chu frowns.
>"I'm not sure."
>You stare at the console.
>It's like something straight out of a science fiction movie.
>There seem to be controls and buttons, but nothing here seems responsive.
>Suddenly your eyes spot something.
>A little diamond shaped gem right in the middle.
>And as if something clicks in your brain, you pull out the diamond shaped crystal from your bag.
>It still glows.
>But the crystal in the middle of the console doesn't.
>You decide to pull the crystal out that's already in and put the other one inside.
>All of a sudden you hear the hum of the ship.
>The red lights of the ship flick on.
>"You did it!"
"Just luck. Who'd have figured this weird crystal thing would power an alien spaceship?"
>You start messing around with buttons.
>One of them lowers the metal plates on the windows allowing sunlight inside.
>"Ooh."
"Now it'll be easy to see where we're going."
>You place your hand on this ball shaped thing, and all of a sudden the door shuts and the ship lifts off the ground.
>You instinctively remove your hand from the ball and the ship slowly returns to the ground and the door opens up.
>Underneath the control ball are several square buttons.
>You figure maybe they adjust the speed or something.
>You place your hand on the ball again and the ship flies back up.
>Moving the ball around with your hands you're able to move the ship.
>Twisting the ball turns the direction, and rolling it forward moves the ship forward.
>Removing your hand from the ball seems to lower the ship.
>It's a bit awkward but at least workable.
>You imagine maybe this was a bit easier for the creature flying it with those spindly claws for more gentle precise movements.
>You decide to fly the ship back home.
>>
>>1287500
>It's night time
>Suddenly you hear a noise.
>It sounds like, galloping.
>A headless rider with a whip on a horse comes charging through the trees.
>it blows a horn.
>You fire your guns at it.
>The horse falls over dead and the rider is flung off.
>You unload bullets into him.
>The rider gets up.
>Donovan pulls the pin on a grenade and chucks it at the rider.
>The grenade explodes blowing the rider to bits.
>A silence for a moment.
"Well, that was certainly, something."
>Donovan speaks,
>"Some old school cryptids aren't nearly a match for modern weaponry."
>In a blinding flash it disappears, and a bluish-purple crystal appears.
>You pick it up.
"Hey, more fuel for the ship.."
---

The entire night remains, what is it that you will do?
>>
>>1287501
I'm thinking do something about the ghosts.
>>
>>1287503
>You and your 3 companions take the spaceship over to the school.
>Maven speaks,
>"A ghost hunt huh? Sounds like fun."
>Donovan speaks,
>"If it's anything like our previous supernatural encounters, we know it won't be."
>"You not need be scared, we put angry souls to rest, then we get holy water from priest."
>You land the ship.
>The hatch opens and you walk out clicking on your flashlight.
>The others click on their flashlights too.
>You enter the highschool.
"Alright, everyone keep your guard up, so far we only have four holy weapons, don't get cocky and try to fight anything on your own. We stick together no matter what."
>Everyone at once agrees.
>You have your shotgun, Maven got the pistol, Donovan has an Smg that Chu was carrying at the time, and Chu has her sword.
>It's only four weapons, and without those, you're not sure how effective it'll be to try and kill ghosts.
-
>You walk inside and begin looking around the school building.
>You check inside each of the classrooms again.
>But there is nothing.
"Heh, none here it looks like-"
>As you turn you're face to face with a ghost which seems to be hanging upside down from the ceiling.
>Instinctively you scream and fire your gun.
>It hits and drops a ribbon.
>You pick it up and pocket it.
>Donovan speaks,
>"I think you jinxed it."
"Shut up."
>Donovan laughs.
You check another classroom, and you find another ghost which Chu impales with her sword.
It drops another ribbon.
>Maven laughs.
>"Piece of cake, we're a real butt-kickin ghost hunting machine!"
-
>You walk back outside the hall.
>Donovan speaks,
>"Look, I think we really overestimated the situation. I think this high school has what, 2 floors and dozens of classrooms? If we split off into teams of two we could clear it so much faster."
>Maven is hugging on to Donovan closely.
>"We could just split into teams of two then, just to be safe."
>Donovan smiles,
>"Sounds like a plan."
>You sigh.
"Chu what do you think?"
>"Hey, if you ok with it, I ok with it too."
"Alright, fine, we'll split, but stay by your partner. Do not let them wander off alone for even a second."
>Donovan and Maven take the upstairs.
>You continue searching the ground floor.
>The halls are really quiet and empty.
>Walking around in the dark is uncomfortable.
>You can hardly see anything, even with the flashlight.
"So, how much money DID they promise you Chu?"
>"They give me 10 million. I would never have to work again in my whole life."
"I see.. So, you really like money then?"
>She gives you a confused look.
>"Who not like money? I need money to live. I work for spoiled rotten rich people always want orders just right. I not start cooking to cater to them. I look only to make people happy and please my husband when I find one."
"I see."
>You look into a room and see a ghost.
>You instinctively raise your weapon.
>But you hear it crying.
>It's balled up in a corner, it seems like a young girl.

How do you proceed?
>>
>>1288042
>"Mh, so when you told me you didn't want to continue being a world class chef, it was because you don't like working for spoiled rich people, not because you don't like your line of work in and of itself. I understand now."

Feel free to fit that into their conversation at any point author, I realize right now there's more pressing matters at hand.

I think we should ask Chu what she thinks of this, if she believes the ghost could genuinely be sad and harmless or if it's likely to be an act to get us to lower our guard.
>>
>>1288042
>Approach slowly. Try to coax the girl out of the corner.

This is such a possession moment, but perhaps we can diplomacy our way out of it. Who knows, it might not even be a ghost.
>>
>>1288110
>>1288233
>You whisper to Chu,
"What should I do?"
>She whispers back
>"I not know! I never deal with ghosts in restaurant!"
>You sigh.
>You cautiously walk over to her.
"U-um, excuse me little girl?"
>She turns around.
>You're not sure what to do.
"Why are you crying?"
>"My teddy is gone missing. I don't know what to do without him.."
"Your teddy bear huh?"
>She continues to sob.
>Chu walks over and puts her hand on her shoulder.
>"What if we find stuffed bear for you? That make you happy?"
>She nods.
"Chu.."
>"What? She want bear, we find bear."
>Do we really have time for this?
"We'll keep an eye out I guess."
>"If you do find him, I'll be here."
---
>You walk out of the room.
>You continue to search the classrooms.
>Peeking in one of the classrooms you find a monstrosity.
>A mass of giant blood vessels covering the chalk board.
>They're wriggling and moving around making stomach churning noises.
>The lines of veins snake their way toward you.
>You fire at it.
>Chu slashes through it.
>Blood sprays everywhere.
>It makes a fell cry and retreats into the floorboards.
"What in Gods name was that?"
>Chu seems to be at a loss for words.
>You get a growing sense of uneasiness.
>As you shine your light down the hall, it seems like the light of your flashlight barely penetrates this darkness.
>You cautiously walk through the halls.
>Suddenly the all lockers start opening up and slamming closed.
>It's unnerving.
>You see an open door that says boiler room.
>You go inside.
>There is a long stair case heading down.
>You walk down the steps.
>There is a door at the bottom.
>Something is pounding on the other side of the door.
>You reach your hand out to grab the doorknob, but Chu grabs your hand before you can.
>She whispers,
>"I get bad feeling about it. It not safe."
>You shrug and head back up the stairs.
>The door still pounding as you make your way up.
>You close the door to the boiler room.
>>
>>1291023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PJ5SVoxUkM
>As you walk along you see two split paths.
>Down one path is an empty corridor.
>And down the other is a corridor with flickering lights.
>You take the one with the flickering lights.
>At the end of the hall seems to be a dead end with a girl standing there.
>She's wearing old faded clothes.
>You can't make out her face.
>You decide to get closer.
>You can see that her face is old and rotten, her eyes are glowing a dull red color.
>She seems to be holding an axe.
>You feel queasy just looking at her.
"Hey you, what are you doing down there?"
>The thing does not respond.
"Answer me, or I'll shoot!"
>Again, it doesn't respond.
>You're about 30 feet away from it now.
>Chu tugs on your shirt nodding in disapproval.
"Relax, I'll just shoot her if things get bad."
>"I not have good feeling about this, we need go back."
"Agh, alright fine.."
>You walk back down the hallway.
>She's still standing there.
>You're tempted to shoot her anyway just to be safe but you decide against it.

>You go down the other path, and see an open door to a classroom.
>You peer inside.
>On the teachers desk is a teddy bear.
>You carefully walk over and grab it.
>Nothing happens.
You turn around to leave with the bear when something suddenly drops down on you.
>You can hear it shreiking and beating on you.
>You drop your gun as it pounds you with both fists with an otherworldly strength.
>Chu takes her sword and stabs it.
>It cries out and dies disappearing into nothing.
"Ah, thanks Chu."
>Chu nods.
>"We find bear, now we go."
----
>You return the bear to the little girl.
>"My teddy, you found him!"
"Uh, yeah.."
>"I'll give you this for finding him."
>She pulls out a little cloth sack handing it to you.
"Thanks.."
>You pull open the string peering inside.
>Golden dust is inside.
"What is this stuff?"
>"It's phase dust. With it you'll be able to pass through walls or any other type of barriers just like a ghost can!"
"How does that work?"
>"Just sprinkle some on you and you'll be able to walk through walls, floors, and most objects will just pass through you."
"How much do I use, and how long does it last?"
>"Lasts for about 30 seconds, and there's enough in there for about 4 uses. I don't really need it anyway since I can already pass through walls."
"Ah.."
>"Well, take care!"
>She disappears.
------
What will you do?
>>
>>1291031
Huh. That went better than I expected.

There's probably something under the floorboards. Let's investigate by prying up a few of them in different places.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.